This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
    Any key points for the best strategy to playing live supersats?
    Make sure ur qq holds v shorties ak early on:-)

»what points u lookin for that you dont really no yerself?

Game for me is all bout ur optimun folding/pushing hands you would never do in reg game.

Eg. Im bb playing 21k blinds 1/2k. 8 left, 4 tickets. Tight reg limp utg, short stack 12k mins 4k from c/O...Then button, unknown t me but seems decent ships the lot in, her range being TT+ ..im sitting with ak on bb?? My move

Eg2. 5 handed blinds 3/6k.sitting with 40k average is about 35.. U have kq utg?? Your mive us....and what hand can call you considerin were al pretty even...??

Well done on cash league man.vwp delighted for ya

Comment

Folded because I couldn't think of a hand that I beat, he has tonnes of two pairs imo, and very few one pair hands.

Is the reasoning I gave above for betsizing way off, or kind of understandable, but applied wrong?

I open tiny in the latter stages of tournies, just above minbetting, is this not cool or should I just up all my opens?

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
        Whats up with that river fold? 0 chance im folding the river. Hate preflop sizing.
        Yeah i'd pre play same as yourself except call pre and then call the river.

Comment

I didn't spot that you folded the river, I'm calling too.

I think the bet sizing would be an issue. It's very hard, if not impossible, to gauge the extent of which it will affect your hands and how they play but I imagine you will be called lighter and by more people if you don't increase the size. While it's good to be getting called light it's not good to be called light by 3+ players which really could be the result imo.

Comment

Originally posted by fumyname View Post
            Make sure ur qq holds v shorties ak early on:-)

»what points u lookin for that you dont really no yerself?

Game for me is all bout ur optimun folding/pushing hands you would never do in reg game.

Eg. Im bb playing 21k blinds 1/2k. 8 left, 4 tickets. Tight reg limp utg, short stack 12k mins 4k from c/O...Then button, unknown t me but seems decent ships the lot in, her range being TT+ ..im sitting with ak on bb?? My move

Eg2. 5 handed blinds 3/6k.sitting with 40k average is about 35.. U have kq utg?? Your mive us....and what hand can call you considerin were al pretty even...??

Well done on cash league man.vwp delighted for ya
            I guess just any points worth noting really, as I've never played a big supersat before.

Without studying the strategies involved at all really, I would fold hand 1 in that example and shove hand 2.

All about fold equity right?

Comment

Live Tourney - Stacks 30,000, 3rd hand.

In BB with 77, Blinds 50/100

Mp raises to 250
              I re-raise to 575.
              MP repops to 1250.
              I Flat call.

Flop 10s7s2x.

I lead 1,800, MP re-raises to 3,900, I four-bet to 8,900, he flats.

Turn As - checked twice
              River 3s - checked twice

Opinions ????

Main questions are -
              Flat or re-raise initial raise preflop this early?
              Always lead flop?
              4-bet sizing or flat re-raise on flop?
              Lead at turn or river?

On reflecton I found it a very interesting hand this early, especially the way villain played it.

Note - Villain is a Pokerstars team Pro.
              Last edited by Dice75; 27-02-11, 11:54.

Comment

Is there some really weird dynamic going on here?

Hate the 3b pre, esp the tiny size, just call
                C/r flop as played
                As played, 3b flop bigger 11500

I think it's very hard to get it in good on the turn (even tho he shouldn't have many flushes) so yeah check

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                  Is there some really weird dynamic going on here?

Hate the 3b pre, esp the tiny size, just call
                  C/r flop as played
                  As played, 3b flop bigger 11500

I think it's very hard to get it in good on the turn (even tho he shouldn't have many flushes) so yeah check
                  Only 3rd hand of tourney so no table dynamics yet.

3 bet preflop is really to ask question of OR to get a feel for his appetite this early & set out stall for first couple of blind levels (60mins).

would u really c/r flop? I personally think i'm really leaving myself open OOP then & with a big question to answer if he repops.

While there are a couple of things I would adjust in hindsight, I'm also really interested in his thought process & how he played out the hand, especially his flat call on flop & turn check.

Fwiw the hand took about 12mins to play out.

Comment

I flat pf, but would happily fold to the 4bet as played.

I'm caught between c/r flop and leading but once you get some chips into that middle it's never going to be a bad thing.

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    would u really c/r flop? I personally think i'm really leaving myself open OOP then & with a big question to answer if he repops.
                    What is the big question if he repops it? You get the chips and have the nuts almost every time, or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                      I flat pf, but would happily fold to the 4bet as played.

I'm caught between c/r flop and leading but once you get some chips into that middle it's never going to be a bad thing.

What is the big question if he repops it? You get the chips and have the nuts almost every time, or am I missing something?
                      My line of thinking at the time with the flop C/R option was exactly that it could result in all the chips going into the middle on the flop, in the 3rd hand of an EPT, vs a Pokerstars Pro & I'm only getting called by one hand.

Villain had 10 10.

My wonderings are why he didn't jam my 8,900 bet on the flop?

Was he waiting for me to shove turn with overpair on a non spade turn or
                      Was he genuinely worried about a spade turn/river for his tourney life?

At this stage I'm nearly more interested his his line than mine.
                      Last edited by Dice75; 01-03-11, 11:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        While there are a couple of things I would adjust in hindsight, I'm also really interested in his thought process & how he played out the hand, especially his flat call on flop & turn check..
                        Interesting 1 alright, my guess would be he is finding it hard to put you on 77 or 22, after a small 3bet OOP it wouldnt be a conventional line to take. So if he thinks your folding to anymore flop action with JJ/QQ/KK/AA.. you couldnt call off with a flush draw either.. a flat to disguise his hand makes sense.
                        Then the worst card from his point of view comes, flush gets there, AA gets there, and if you have JJ/QQ/KK it kills the action a bit so i guess he was going to try and get some sort of value bet in on the river or call if you lead out.. then another spade kills everything.. he could of been thinkin something like that or something totally different :P

Comment

Easy call or....fold?

Whats the opinion on my 4 bet size aswell? Villian is 15/12/4.0 w a 3b of 4.2 over 300 hands.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($50)
                          UTG ($51.52)
                          Hero (MP) ($83.16)
                          Button ($50.50)
                          SB ($95.94)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K, A
                          1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, SB raises $4.25, 1 fold, Hero raises $9, SB calls $6

Flop: ($21.50) 4, 10, K (2 players)
                          SB checks, Hero bets $11.50, SB raises $85.44 (All-In), Hero calls $61.16 (All-In)

Turn: ($166.82) 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($166.82) Q (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $166.82
                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I don't like the 4bet IP tbh.. And the sizing is pretty poor, 22bbs would be the lower end of my "standard" 4bets. He pretty much wont fold a single hand to that.

This deep, I don't like getting crazy with AK, I definitely flat pre tbh.

With his nitty stats, I expect his SB 3betting range to be pretty small too. And we're pretty much hoping for a chop at best when he shoves the flop imo.

Call the 3bet, don't 4bet this deep with position.

Bit of an awkward spot on a draw heavy flop, but legitimately, what does this guy shove that we beat?

Hero fold flop imo, although I probably check it back as played, we're either fucked or have taken the lead big time, but he's not going to be calling with worse a lot. I think we have to let him bet. What does he call a cbet with on this board in a 4bet pot this deep?

Comment

With those stats AK is the very bottom of his range for shoving the flop after flattening a 4bet pre.

Comment

Yeah I think you can get away from this on the flop. I also think he's not folding anything to that 4bet.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                  Yeah I think you can get away from this on the flop. I also think he's not folding anything to that 4bet.
                                  2 statements are incongruent!

You're not necessarily wrong with the latter though

I mean the former

Comment

Really don't think that the 4bet is junk? He gets 3/1 on a call instantly, and huge implied odds as we've clearly defined our range imo. I wouldn't fold 97s to that 4bet...

Comment

Fair point i think flatting is not bad but does my range come into play tho with a 3 bet of about 10%? I also would have a highish 4 bet id say but who knows what sample he has on me.

Ok so if your calling anything there does this not mean he is going to hit a lot of draw type hands that he can be shoving with?

Im far from disagreeing with your point and dont like how i play it. Anyone want to hazard a guess at his hand?
                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

150 bb's deep

villain is 27/23 after about 100 hands. river is fooking puke?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($50)
                                        SB ($50)
                                        BB ($53.47)
                                        UTG ($79.51)
                                        Hero (MP) ($86.83)
                                        CO ($51.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5, 5
                                        UTG bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, 3 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.50) 9, K, 5 (3 players)
                                        BB checks, UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3, 1 fold

Turn: ($11.50) 2 (2 players)
                                        UTG checks, Hero bets $8, UTG calls $8

River: ($27.50) 10 (2 players)
                                        UTG checks, Hero bets $15, UTG raises $66.76 (All-In)

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                          Fair point i think flatting is not bad but does my range come into play tho with a 3 bet of about 10%? I also would have a highish 4 bet id say but who knows what sample he has on me.

Ok so if your calling anything there does this not mean he is going to hit a lot of draw type hands that he can be shoving with?

Im far from disagreeing with your point and dont like how i play it. Anyone want to hazard a guess at his hand?
                                          I'm not folding anything I 3bet with there, but I don't have a 3bet stat of 4.2%.

He has no draws in his 3bet range imo. (or really very few)

His range is made up of sets, AA AK and KK imo. He can also have AsKx a lot.

@Bubbleking, vom on the keyboard and fold snappy
                                          Last edited by Emmet; 04-03-11, 09:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                            150 bb's deep

villain is 27/23 after about 100 hands. river is fooking puke?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($50)
                                            SB ($50)
                                            BB ($53.47)
                                            UTG ($79.51)
                                            Hero (MP) ($86.83)
                                            CO ($51.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5, 5
                                            UTG bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75, 3 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.50) 9, K, 5 (3 players)
                                            BB checks, UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3, 1 fold

Turn: ($11.50) 2 (2 players)
                                            UTG checks, Hero bets $8, UTG calls $8

River: ($27.50) 10 (2 players)
                                            UTG checks, Hero bets $15, UTG raises $66.76 (All-In)
                                            Originally posted by Emmet View Post

@Bubbleking, vom on the keyboard and fold
                                            I dunno, I'd be inclined to think i'm good here a lot of the time.
                                            What do u have villain on, KK,99?
                                            If he has 1010 or JQ fair play to him.
                                            Also likely to have AA,AK or even K10 suited.
                                            Obv nice to have a bit of history with him to get a better idea.
                                            Also, when u bet the $15 had you considered the potential reraise & your reaction?
                                            Based on above thinking & the fact he probably has u on a bare K & its cash, I call, every time. ***

(Disclaimer)
                                            *** All this from a very irregular cash player!
                                            Last edited by Dice75; 04-03-11, 10:14.

Comment

oops, misread the board. Snap it off

Comment

Call that one Bubbleking, the only hand he's repping is TT.

2 statements are incongruent!
                                                I suppose you're right. He's either not folding any of his bluffing range or he is always folding it. We don't know and that's the problem with the hand. So on the flop he's either got a hand or he hasn't. That tells us a lot, doesn't it?

I guess we have to assume that he has a hand or a very strong draw when he ships the flop because he's a nit, which puts his range at AA, AK and sets, with the rare AsQs. That's got to be a fold given that AK is a split.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Call that one Bubbleking, the only hand he's repping is TT.

I suppose you're right. He's either not folding any of his bluffing range or he is always folding it. We don't know and that's the problem with the hand. So on the flop he's either got a hand or he hasn't. That tells us a lot, doesn't it?

I guess we have to assume that he has a hand or a very strong draw when he ships the flop because he's a nit, which puts his range at AA, AK and sets, with the rare AsQs. That's got to be a fold given that AK is a split.
                                                  I just mean that "if he's not folding anything to that 4bet" then we don't HAVE to get away from it on this flop, he could have loads of stuff then.

However, i do think he is folding stuff and i do believe we should check.

Comment

There's been too many "HURR DURR Should I go all in with AK 3BBs DERP?" hands recently. I wish we had some good ones to talk about.

Comment

Ugh. Managed to do 8 buyins in 1600 hands today. 4 of them can be accounted to coolers and bad beats but I'm still beating the shit out of myself.

Comment

Ugh. Managed to do 8 buyins in 1600 hands today. 4 of them can be accounted to coolers and bad beats but I'm still beating the shit out of myself.
                                                        Know the feeling. Did 9.5 in 800 hands the other day. Just had a sweet session to get most of it back just now tho.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

There's been too many "HURR DURR Should I go all in with AK 3BBs DERP?" hands recently. I wish we had some good ones to talk about.
                                                          Andy, with all due respect this is a bullsh*t comment. Maybe if you offered & thought about some constructive comments these things wouldn't be happening to you......

Maybe you should look back to post #1806 (which is arguably from as about as high a level of poker as the majority of people can aspire to) and make constructive points like post #1811 (hardly rocket-science in hindsight) instead of this cr*p to help people towards the advice they are looking for on this thread?

(PS - thanx for the 1% )

Comment

Andy, with all due respect this is a bullsh*t comment. Maybe if you offered & thought about some constructive comments these things wouldn't be happening to you......
                                                            Meh, I guess you're right. Maybe I'm just getting a bit bored with the game. I guess that that was a fairly interesting hand in the way the preflop and flop action went, but everyone's said all that needs to be said about it. The turn and river kill the action, so there's really nothing to discuss there. If I had something to add I would add it.

Maybe tomorrow I'll do a session review, see what spots I can find, and post em up. I feel like I'm getting bluffed off every hand, not bluffing enough myself and picking really bad spots to call people down. My red line is through the floor and I don't have a good blue line to match it.
                                                            Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 05-03-11, 05:38.

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My year so far, decent volume but running like shit. Due a boomswitch soon!
                                                              "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Aaand there goes another 4 buyins. Epic session review definitely incoming.

Comment

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck! 14 buyins in 3000 hands. I'm running so unbelievably horribly bad. I'm not even playing that bad, probably a little too aggressive but nothing really spewy. I'm just keep getting raped.

Comment

Villian is tight enough. Haven't seen anyone do anything fancy yet. Take it apart lads.

Poker Stars $4.00+$0.40 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t125/t250 Blinds + t30 - 8 players - View hand 1219752
                                                                    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t1597 M = 2.60
                                                                    SB: t26966 M = 43.85
                                                                    BB: t9147 M = 14.87
                                                                    UTG: t13889 M = 22.58
                                                                    Hero (UTG+1): t10055 M = 16.35
                                                                    MP1: t11222 M = 18.25
                                                                    MP2: t12659 M = 20.58
                                                                    CO: t21432 M = 34.85

Pre Flop: (t615) Hero is UTG+1 with Q :heart: Q :diamond:
                                                                    UTG calls t250, Hero raises to t1000, 3 folds, BTN raises to t1567 all in, 2 folds, UTG calls t1317, Hero calls t567

Flop: (t5316) 7 :club: 2 :club: 6 :diamond: (3 players - 1 is all in)
                                                                    UTG checks, Hero bets t2126, UTG raises to t12292 all in, Hero calls t6332 all in

Turn: (t22232) 9 :heart: (3 players - 3 are all in)

River: (t22232) 7 :heart: (3 players - 3 are all in)

Comment

Bluefire poker are adding a MTT team btw.

Link to article on my site: http://www.pokertrainingreviews.net/...ournament-team

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                        Villian is tight enough. Haven't seen anyone do anything fancy yet. Take it apart lads.

Poker Stars $4.00+$0.40 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t125/t250 Blinds + t30 - 8 players - View hand 1219752
                                                                        DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t1597 M = 2.60
                                                                        SB: t26966 M = 43.85
                                                                        BB: t9147 M = 14.87
                                                                        UTG: t13889 M = 22.58
                                                                        Hero (UTG+1): t10055 M = 16.35
                                                                        MP1: t11222 M = 18.25
                                                                        MP2: t12659 M = 20.58
                                                                        CO: t21432 M = 34.85

Pre Flop: (t615) Hero is UTG+1 with Q :heart: Q :diamond:
                                                                        UTG calls t250, Hero raises to t1000, 3 folds, BTN raises to t1567 all in, 2 folds, UTG calls t1317, Hero calls t567

Flop: (t5316) 7 :club: 2 :club: 6 :diamond: (3 players - 1 is all in)
                                                                        UTG checks, Hero bets t2126, UTG raises to t12292 all in, Hero calls t6332 all in

Turn: (t22232) 9 :heart: (3 players - 3 are all in)

River: (t22232) 7 :heart: (3 players - 3 are all in)
                                                                        I'm happy to get it in here, we can be up against a lot of draws and under pairs.
                                                                        Fwiw, I make it 3.5x pf. As played on the flop your bet size is way too small imo, it's such a draw heaving board I would be betting bigger, around 3/4 pot or more.

Did you have the option to ship after the button goes aipf? I would be shipping there 100% of the time if allowed, I forget the rules re this though.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                          I'm happy to get it in here, we can be up against a lot of draws and under pairs.
                                                                          Fwiw, I make it 3.5x pf. As played on the flop your bet size is way too small imo, it's such a draw heaving board I would be betting bigger, around 3/4 pot or more.

Did you have the option to ship after the button goes aipf? I would be shipping there 100% of the time if allowed, I forget the rules re this though.
                                                                          Cheers for the advice.

Yeah I think if he hada went aipf I woulda tank called. Although table playing so tight and it's not like I have sub 15bbs so meh.

Just looking back at it now trying to think could I have got away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                            Cheers for the advice.

Yeah I think if he hada went aipf I woulda tank called. Although table playing so tight and it's not like I have sub 15bbs so meh.

Just looking back at it now trying to think could I have got away from it.
                                                                            Maybe there is a way of getting away from it and I'm going broke at times I shouldn't be. I know the stacks sizes are different but my exit hand from the Mill is with QQ and ep limpers:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 150/300 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP1 (t11643)
                                                                            MP2 (t15920)
                                                                            MP3 (t17280)
                                                                            Hero (CO) (t7291)
                                                                            Button (t4787)
                                                                            SB (t10308)
                                                                            BB (t13321)
                                                                            UTG (t9078)
                                                                            UTG+1 (t10297)

Hero's M: 16.20

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q
                                                                            UTG calls t300, 1 fold, MP1 calls t300, 2 folds, Hero bets t1350, 3 folds, UTG calls t1050, 1 fold

Flop: (t3450) J, 3, 9 (2 players)
                                                                            UTG checks, Hero bets t1875, UTG raises to t3900, Hero raises to t5941 (All-In), UTG calls t2041

Turn: (t15332) J (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t15332) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t15332

Results:
                                                                            UTG had K, K (full house, Kings over Jacks).
                                                                            Hero had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and Jacks).
                                                                            Outcome: UTG won t15332

Would your hand have had a similar result? I've been in these spots a few times but would have always put it down to being a cooler and moving on.

Comment

Fun hand this was, probably as thin an overbet value shove as I have ever done. Was pretty aggro with villan as I started a bunch of HU tables with him and we were both 3betting quite a lot. He kinda tanked a bit, thought he would have had a slightly better A but w/e

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (3 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($193)
                                                                              Button ($100.23)
                                                                              Hero (SB) ($108)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 6
                                                                              1 fold, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises $8, Hero calls $6

Flop: ($18) 4, 3, 6 (2 players)
                                                                              Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($18) 2 (2 players)
                                                                              Hero bets $14, BB calls $14

River: ($46) 4 (2 players)
                                                                              Hero bets $85 (All-In), BB calls $85

Total pot: $216

Results:
                                                                              Hero had 9, 6 (two pair, sixes and fours).
                                                                              BB had A, 7 (one pair, fours).
                                                                              Outcome: Hero won $214

Comment

pretty brutal peel oop preflop.
                                                                                Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmc38 View Post
                                                                                  pretty brutal peel oop preflop.
                                                                                  Against this guys 3betting range I don't really want to fold it and I know he won't fold to a 4b either, so I rather take a flop. I'm going to be happy to get it in if I flop any pair or draw as he will spazz out quite a bit. Another hand we played

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

SB ($133.20)
                                                                                  Hero (BB) ($130.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
                                                                                  SB bets $2.50, Hero raises $9, SB calls $7

Flop: ($20) 4, 2, 2 (2 players)
                                                                                  Hero bets $12, SB calls $12

Turn: ($44) K (2 players)
                                                                                  Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($44) J (2 players)
                                                                                  Hero bets $33, SB raises $111.20 (All-In), Hero calls $75.25 (All-In)

Total pot: $260.50

Results:
                                                                                  SB had 4, 9 (two pair, fours and twos).
                                                                                  Hero had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and twos).
                                                                                  Outcome: Hero won $259.50

Comment

What sites does everyone play at? Also, is there still a bit difference in winrate from Ipoker to stars/Tilt? I've been playing Ipoker for ages now but I find the software so tilting that I find it really difficult to motivate myself play often. The last few days I've been messing around on Stars and the software makes it so much easier and get in hands much quicker. Not sure if giving up the extra rakeback % is worth it though, specially at microstakes.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                      Against this guys 3betting range I don't really want to fold it and I know he won't fold to a 4b either, so I rather take a flop. I'm going to be happy to get it in if I flop any pair or draw as he will spazz out quite a bit. Another hand we played

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

SB ($133.20)
                                                                                      Hero (BB) ($130.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
                                                                                      SB bets $2.50, Hero raises $9, SB calls $7

Flop: ($20) 4, 2, 2 (2 players)
                                                                                      Hero bets $12, SB calls $12

Turn: ($44) K (2 players)
                                                                                      Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($44) J (2 players)
                                                                                      Hero bets $33, SB raises $111.20 (All-In), Hero calls $75.25 (All-In)

Total pot: $260.50

Results:
                                                                                      SB had 4, 9 (two pair, fours and twos).
                                                                                      Hero had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and twos).
                                                                                      Outcome: Hero won $259.50
                                                                                      bet turn, jam river IMO

Comment

ugh....

Comment

Rush Super Turbo miniFTOPS

I just played this hand and wondering what my move should be?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (9 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (Button) (t360)
                                                                                          SB (t705)
                                                                                          BB (t290)
                                                                                          UTG (t988)
                                                                                          UTG+1 (t1050)
                                                                                          MP1 (t1145)
                                                                                          MP2 (t1045)
                                                                                          MP3 (t240)
                                                                                          CO (t230)

Hero's M: 6.00

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, K
                                                                                          5 folds, CO bets t230 (All-In),

Hero?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                            What sites does everyone play at? Also, is there still a bit difference in winrate from Ipoker to stars/Tilt? I've been playing Ipoker for ages now but I find the software so tilting that I find it really difficult to motivate myself play often. The last few days I've been messing around on Stars and the software makes it so much easier and get in hands much quicker. Not sure if giving up the extra rakeback % is worth it though, specially at microstakes.
                                                                                            Ive said it before but you need some serious winrate to turn down the 60% on offer at ipoker. Im not going through the maths of it again. maybe if you can get like 40% and the network is very soft then you could be on to a winner.
                                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Great year so far at 50nl. Im obviously playing terrible but to be fair nothing is going right for me either. I assume after been a 2bb/100 winner last year over a 300k sample that im at least a breakeven player at 50nl but god knows at the moment. That is even missing a good sample at 100nl where i lost around 400 & ran about 900 under ev.

Attached Files
                                                                                              Last edited by tipp86; 11-03-11, 18:03.
                                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Grim stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                  Grim stuff.
                                                                                                  Its funny really to go from a 4k month in December to this i honestly thought i was great and all i had to do was turn on the computer to make money.
                                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Same happened me when I started again last November. Started with $200 and ran it up to $2k through 10nl 20nl and 50nl and thought I was the man. 30 buyin downswing sent me back into retirement quick enough!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                      Same happened me when I started again last November. Started with $200 and ran it up to $2k through 10nl 20nl and 50nl and thought I was the man. 30 buyin downswing sent me back into retirement quick enough!
                                                                                                      I just wish i could be a breakeven player at the moment relistically thats probably all i am maybe small winner. This downswing even makes me wonder am i breakeven.

Im even playing the 50bb 50nl tables now as bad as they are.
                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Chin up Tipp. 80k breakeven/Downswings is not unheard of.

also, ship!
                                                                                                        Last edited by RoadSweeper; 16-03-11, 02:48.

Comment

This place has died a real death the last few weeks.
                                                                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Nothing to talk about :shrug:

Comment

Nothing to talk about :shrug:
                                                                                                              Ya il have to throw up a few hands im on the recovery mode at the moment. Plenty of strange hands in the last few weeks.
                                                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Anyone fancy a change of Network have a look at my sig below pretty good way to boost a bankroll for the month. The 1k bonus works out at 13% on top of the % you get so in some cases it will work out higher than ipokers.

Anyone ever play on the boss network as its new to me ?
                                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

big wtf spot for me

Poker Stars, $10 + $1 NL Hold'em Tournament, 400/800 Blinds, 100 Ante, 9 Players
                                                                                                                  LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: 26,710
                                                                                                                  BB: 30,297
                                                                                                                  Hero (UTG): 15,784
                                                                                                                  UTG+1: 59,103
                                                                                                                  UTG+2: 10,850
                                                                                                                  MP1: 11,765
                                                                                                                  MP2: 13,075
                                                                                                                  CO: 57,983
                                                                                                                  BTN: 10,478

Pre-Flop: (2,100) J A dealt to Hero (UTG)
                                                                                                                  Hero raises to 1,721, 7 folds, BB calls 921

Flop: (4,742) T T 2 (2 Players)
                                                                                                                  BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (4,742) 6 (2 Players)
                                                                                                                  BB bets 5,600, Hero ?

Comment

Snap fold.

Comment

Play it any other way?

I obv fold, but I'm trying to see what kind of hands he does this with. Its a bizarre overbet considering my stacksize.

This is pretty much just at the bubble too

Comment

Fold pre?

Why not bet the flop?
                                                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I'd play the same, we shouldn't be cbetting light with our stack size. Open folding isn't bad with our stack either.

Re his bet, I'd just give it respect unless i have an incredibly good read/soul reading glasses on.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X