This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think someone may have been looking for this earlier:
    SBW wins the New Zealand Professional Boxing Association heavyweight title , after first round TKO.3 News NZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
      ah - was imaging creatures crawling up the hole that had just been finished and someone at the top of the hole batting them back in to the lake with a stick. Hard to get too excited about microbial forms as great as they are to scientists. Does that documentary say why there wouldn't be proper sized creatures swimming around in there?
      I think it's hilarious that this is the purest water (naturally occurring) on earth and the Ruskies have been pouring kerosene down the hole to stop it freezing over.
      As long as Cthulhu doesnt appear, I think we'll be ok.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

ah - was imaging creatures crawling up the hole that had just been finished and someone at the top of the hole batting them back in to the lake with a stick. Hard to get too excited about microbial forms as great as they are to scientists. Does that documentary say why there wouldn't be proper sized creatures swimming around in there?
        Well these microbial forms (if they exist) may help to discover how life started on the planet, not sure how tho. I imagine the lack of food and sunlight would be the main thing with growth of creatures, the doc does look at a cave tho were there were small insects running around that never had access to sunlight and they were living off scum on the water through some sort of chemical synthesis.

I see in the story its the Russians drilling. In the doc they stopped drilling 100m from the surface as they use shitloads of chems for the drilling and it would contaminate the water, seems the Russians have just powered ahead and done it anyway

The best thing about the doc was there is a moon/planet covered with ice and Nasa were using Vostok as an experiment to create a probe that could go down the 4km distance and act on its own and take samples if needed. Must see if thats still going on

Comment

Ferris good to play, no case to answer

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
            Well these microbial forms (if they exist) may help to discover how life started on the planet, not sure how tho. I imagine the lack of food and sunlight would be the main thing with growth of creatures, the doc does look at a cave tho were there were small insects running around that never had access to sunlight and they were living off scum on the water through some sort of chemical synthesis.

I see in the story its the Russians drilling. In the doc they stopped drilling 100m from the surface as they use shitloads of chems for the drilling and it would contaminate the water, seems the Russians have just powered ahead and done it anyway

The best thing about the doc was there is a moon/planet covered with ice and Nasa were using Vostok as an experiment to create a probe that could go down the 4km distance and act on its own and take samples if needed. Must see if thats still going on
            Cant wait to see what Big Vlad Putin finds down there. I presume he has the wet suit ready to go but might just go in shorts.

Comment

Is Wayne Barnes being sighted for being a cunt?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                Cant wait to see what Big Vlad Putin finds down there. I presume he has the wet suit ready to go but might just go in shorts.
                In May they are going to recover some samples of the lake. While testing in late May, they are going to discover that the water and bacteria in it can cure cancer. They will do a fast track FDA approval and have it out for the public to use by July/August.
                By October, the zombie apocalypse will begin. Because it's October, people are going to not to pay any attention to these "zombies" because everyone will think its a Halloween gag. This will affect more people than you can imagine.
                November, the food source is getting low. Zombies have somehow discovered how to fly into space using old shuttle technology NASA had stored away.
                December comes along, and one person is alive and can save the universe by blowing up Earth.
                December 21st, that person finds the button to launch all the nuclear weapons in the world causing the end of the world, yet saving the Earth.
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  Think someone may have been looking for this earlier:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBBVwOvFDrg
                  serious windmills.

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                    serious windmills.
                    fight went on 30 seconds longer than it should have. The guy was punch drunk after the first chin shot.
                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      In May they are going to recover some samples of the lake. While testing in late May, they are going to discover that the water and bacteria in it can cure cancer. They will do a fast track FDA approval and have it out for the public to use by July/August.
                      By October, the zombie apocalypse will begin. Because it's October, people are going to not to pay any attention to these "zombies" because everyone will think its a Halloween gag. This will affect more people than you can imagine.
                      November, the food source is getting low. Zombies have somehow discovered how to fly into space using old shuttle technology NASA had stored away.
                      December comes along, and one person is alive and can save the universe by blowing up Earth.
                      December 21st, that person finds the button to launch all the nuclear weapons in the world causing the end of the world, yet saving the Earth.
                      Ah bullshit I will just be getting my Christmas hols on Dec 21st. That's a few days of holiday allowance that will now go unclaimed because of a zombie apocalypse.

Comment

Dave Pearson is the guy with the case to answer and I'm sure he'll take the opportunity in Paris to fuck us over again as he has done many times before. Did anyone hear if there were any recriminations for the Scottish linesman who fucked us over in Cardiff. I didn't think so.
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                          Dave Pearson is the guy with the case to answer and I'm sure he'll take the opportunity in Paris to fuck us over again as he has done many times before. Did anyone hear if there were any recriminations for the Scottish linesman who fucked us over in Cardiff. I didn't think so.
                          Ya forgot about him also a massive cunt but I certainly thought Barnes was letting them do what they wanted on he ground and no roll away while we got done for it.

Couple of times welsh looked off side and wasn't called. No excuse for how we played but guy didn't give us a fair game neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                            online very cheap!

http://www.xprintcanvas.com/
                            Have used these guys before and found them very good. Also can collect from the store beside arnotts which is useful if you are worried about damage on transit. I got a 180cm by 40 cm done up with a bleed effect and it cost less then 200. Probably much cheaper now.
                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Ya forgot about him also a massive cunt but I certainly thought Barnes was letting them do what they wanted on he ground and no roll away while we got done for it.

Couple of times welsh looked off side and wasn't called. No excuse for how we played but guy didn't give us a fair game neither.
                              Barnes never reffs the offside and only reffs the roll away. This is well known and you have to play the ref. Ireland played naively and defensively passively to allow a team which has at best 5 players who would make out starting 15 be in with a shout at the end. Got what we deserved IMO.

Too early for conor o Shea I feel. I'd love to see Joe Schmidt given a run at it but he'd scare the pants off the blazers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                where is a good place to get photos put on canvass?
                                Don't do it!!! The process removes anything resembling sharpness (of course it's fine if you have a crappy unsharp photo to begin with )

Photobox are reasonable.
                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Comment

This is a real tearjerker ........... get hankies ready

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA9t6...ayer_embedded#!
                                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                    http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      That 1 person will obviously be from an ancient unbroken line of Mayans who have been preparing for this for thousands of years. He will wear a tshirt with a "We fucking told you so" slogan on it.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Yeah I seen him at the airport

Comment

Barcelona take on Ajax in the Nextgenseries (u19 champions league thingy) in a few minutes. Should be a good match and some great talent of the future on show. Streaming live on youtube.

Sigue el partido entre los juveniles del FC Barcelona y Ajax Amsterdam correspondiente a la NextGen Series. Miércoles 8 de febrero a las 18.30 horas

Opr

Comment

Science could be immensely improved if every interview with a scientist was concluded with something along the lines of 'and finally Dr Hopfermeier, what does your research mean with regard to zombies eating brainzzzz?'
                                              If there are ten pages more than normal in the BBV tonight, you are to blame

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                Barcelona take on Ajax in the Nextgenseries (u19 champions league thingy) in a few minutes. Should be a good match and some great talent of the future on show. Streaming live on youtube.

Sigue el partido entre los juveniles del FC Barcelona y Ajax Amsterdam correspondiente a la NextGen Series. Miércoles 8 de febrero a las 18.30 horas

Opr
                                                Be interesting to see who Liverpool play in the semis. Will be big underdogs either way I'd say.

Comment

Opr
                                                  You and I have vastly different agendas when scouring the Internet for Dutch under 19 talent

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                    Be interesting to see who Liverpool play in the semis. Will be big underdogs either way I'd say.
                                                    I am interested to see are Sporting just that much better than everyone else because given how well we did in the last game I think it could be the case. I would expect Barcelona are probably on a similar level but that Sporting side was as good as I have ever seen watching youth football.

Opr

Comment

I'd say this took a bit of time. WP the guy tho!

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                        Speaking of ROG, while the game was obviously up and it probably would have made no difference, was anyone else extremely annoyed by his restart after the 1/2penny penalty?

He basically kicked it long and deep when we absolutely had to compete for possession! Risk it not going 10, and at least we get a chance at a scrum.
                                                        Listen to the ref from 9.15, wasnt an option.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Anyone know how much a taxi from Busaras out to ballsbridge would cost or what number bus goes past the D4 hotel

Comment

I am interested to see are Sporting just that much better than everyone else because given how well we did in the last game I think it could be the case. I would expect Barcelona are probably on a similar level but that Sporting side was as good as I have ever seen watching youth football.

Opr
                                                            I've no idea how they lost to an Inter side that Spurs hammered though, although youth football is a variable thing I guess. Hopefully whoever they we in the semis it will be a close game (unless we hammer them ).

Comment

Did the welsh dude get cited for dumping Mcfadden or was Ferris' citing a justification for a shite wayne Barns decision?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                massively exploited by Western powers, horrendous occupation by Japan , vicious civil warfare, manmade famine, Cultural Revolution, one party oppression, enforced sterilisations etc etc
                                                                I've been thinking about this today,I'm afraid I can't see China here.The question implies a degree of victimisation,the Korean War and China's actions in Tibet make them more of an aggressor than victim.
                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

going to the cinema with gf later - film recommendations please?

Comment

I've no idea how they lost to an Inter side that Spurs hammered though, although youth football is a variable thing I guess. Hopefully whoever they we in the semis it will be a close game (unless we hammer them ).
                                                                    They were missing three key players that night (One of which is the lad we signed ). It was a watered logged pitch not conducive to passing the ball. From what I read Sporting still dominated the game but Inter had 10 men behind the ball and hit them on the break to score.

It has been a really great competition which was badly needed at youth level. Interest should only grow with United and Real two of the clubs supposedly already signed up to join next year along with others.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                      going to the cinema with gf later - film recommendations please?
                                                                      If Shame is still out see that, although be prepared to feel very inadequate afterwards. Think "Martha Marcy May Marlene" is out today- meant to be decent too.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                        Anyone know how much a taxi from Busaras out to ballsbridge would cost or what number bus goes past the D4 hotel
                                                                        Can't imagine it would cost any more than about €10-€12

I know the Number 4 bus goes past it. There's a stop on O Connell Bridge and Trinity College

Comment

How does the NextGen series work? What was the Spurs match for?

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                            Don't do it!!! The process removes anything resembling sharpness (of course it's fine if you have a crappy unsharp photo to begin with )

Photobox are reasonable.
                                                                            You playing tonight and I'll meet you for a bottle?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                              How does the NextGen series work? What was the Spurs match for?
                                                                              Spurs match was a quarter final. Liverpool lost (somehow) but went through after Spurs withdrew after they said they played an ineligible player in the match.

Comment

Nicely done by blaaaaaah little score for a few who had a piece too. Wp
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Spurs match was a quarter final. Liverpool lost (somehow) but went through after Spurs withdrew after they said they played an ineligible player in the match.

Ah, didn't hear about the ineligible player and that they withdrew, excellent stuff. Was shocking how we lost that match in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                    You playing tonight and I'll meet you for a bottle?
                                                                                    Nope. I am retired.

Comment

This is a clip of the 15 best goals from the Sporting Lisbon side in the competition. Take into account most of these players are 17/18 year old kids!

The striker who scores a good few of the goals, Betinho is a future superstar imo.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GVMXVideosVideo que fiz com os que na minha opinião foram os 15 melhores golos da equipa de juniores (sub-19) do Sporting n...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                                                        I think i have watched this 100 times now! class

Comment

Capello just resigned as England Manager

What about Harry

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                            Talking of asking for discounts / haggling, I was thinking about this over the past weekend. On Saturday I wandered into town looking to buy a pair of boots; I actually tried a few weeks ago but was horrified at the poor service I received in the shops I visited around Henry St and it put me off shopping. Anyhow this time I decided to try around Grafton St and sure enough, found more attentive staff and as a result, wanted to make a purchase or two.

Eventually found a really nice pair of black Caterpillar boots, priced at €165 - they didn't have my exact size in so didn't buy at the time, but given they aren't on sale and are pricey enough (for me anyhow!), it is worth asking for a discount for paying in cash? Is it standard enough to do so? I usually get my clothes / shoes in sales so don't often pay full 'chump' price anyhow!
                                                                                            Before you buy in town, & as you already know your size, have a look at http://www.mandmdirect.com/
                                                                                            I've been getting stuff from them for years & would recommend them, never had any probs.
                                                                                            .
                                                                                            . .

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                              Nope. I am retired.
                                                                                              Pfft.

Comment

Capello resigns

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post
                                                                                                  Capello resigns
                                                                                                  wp that man, some balls

Comment

wp that man, some balls
                                                                                                    Harry on part time base for now

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                        Pfft.
                                                                                                        Also not keen on bringing the car into town these days

Comment

The cast of Friends have really let themselves go since series finished.

Comment

Presumably Capello's next move is to actually move in with JT and live as husband and wife. The lengths he has gone to to protect a player who frankly isn't that good is just baffling

Comment

Did a 2nd in the 10k on stars for 2.2k, anything but win is my motto it seems

Comment

have a nice bet on sunderland HT/FT..hollllld

Comment

everytime I go on words with friends , chrome either crashes or I get a message that shockwave flash is unresponsive. Anyone else get this?

What could be wrong?

I cant get onto it all
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                                                                                                    Presumably Capello's next move is to actually move in with JT and live as husband and wife. The lengths he has gone to to protect a player who frankly isn't that good is just baffling
                                                                                                                    I'm guessing it is the principle of the FA doing it over his head, as well as the innocent until guilty aspect of it that annoyed him so much. The FA probably wanted him to publicly apologise and he told them where to jump, and rightly so.

Comment

After the incredible job he's done for Manchester United over the years, there's really only one man for the job.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Lol anyone see Barry Fry's rant on SSN just there?

Fist banging and 'Bloody foreigners' all over the place.

Comment

Give Gary Neville the job

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X