Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got tipped off today that I should be receiving my redundancy notice today (didnt) or tomorrow. Accountant is to call me tomorrow to discuss the terms and give me my notice. Been waiting a good few months now for the hammer to fall, so its a relief to know its coming in a way. Dec 23rd I heard the company was on last legs and that we'd all be gone start of jan, but that seems to have been avoided for now, and I'm told that I'm one of four receiving notice now.
    For the last year I've been on short time. On the basis of the Dec news, I had heard they'd calculate an average on my wage based on my last two years work. However, according to citizens information, that depends on whether I accepted my short-time hours and didnt look to be put back on full time. which I did, regularily with the HR manager, and via letter with the director. unfortunately, HR lad is now gone too. did the sums last night, and the difference is ~3grand. I've heard that I'll be asked to work out 4 weeks notice, and work full time for those 4 weeks. Hoping that this means I'll be able to successfully argue that the short time was a temporary thing and that I should be paid based on fulltime wages. Also, when the rumour was the company was gone, the story went there was no money for redundancy, and that Id have to apply for gov stat, which would take until september to come through. Fingers crossed that now I'm getting out before the doors are shut, I'll get my payment from the company immediately.
    One time BBV, I could seriously do with that pay off to set me up for new work. Losing a company vehicle, will need to get wheels and insurance ASAP.
    http://mobro.co/zuroph
    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      If its antepost then I don't think it turns into a treble. As a single bet wouldn't be returned if he doesn't run.
      My bad JohnOB this is right. Think if he didn't take the price it gets void but I'd imagine anyone betting antipost would take the price.
      Profit before people.

Comment

I did the betting online under future horse racing on Boyles site, didn't say anything about ante post but no 100%.
        What's peoples thoughts on Grands crus being a non runner for the RSA and running in the gold cup?. I hear its about 70% that he will be running the Gold Cup?
        Would be nice if he just ran and won the RSA doh.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
          Roll up, Roll up.... The greatest hair brained money making adventure of the year right HERE folks
          If this was a 3x turbo event i would buy the lot
          Unfortunately the BR wont let me invest atm

Comment

Anyone here using Pokertracker 4? Im having a small problem looking at marked hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
              So I got tipped off today that I should be receiving my redundancy notice today (didnt) or tomorrow. Accountant is to call me tomorrow to discuss the terms and give me my notice. Been waiting a good few months now for the hammer to fall, so its a relief to know its coming in a way. Dec 23rd I heard the company was on last legs and that we'd all be gone start of jan, but that seems to have been avoided for now, and I'm told that I'm one of four receiving notice now.
              For the last year I've been on short time. On the basis of the Dec news, I had heard they'd calculate an average on my wage based on my last two years work. However, according to citizens information, that depends on whether I accepted my short-time hours and didnt look to be put back on full time. which I did, regularily with the HR manager, and via letter with the director. unfortunately, HR lad is now gone too. did the sums last night, and the difference is ~3grand. I've heard that I'll be asked to work out 4 weeks notice, and work full time for those 4 weeks. Hoping that this means I'll be able to successfully argue that the short time was a temporary thing and that I should be paid based on fulltime wages. Also, when the rumour was the company was gone, the story went there was no money for redundancy, and that Id have to apply for gov stat, which would take until september to come through. Fingers crossed that now I'm getting out before the doors are shut, I'll get my payment from the company immediately.
              One time BBV, I could seriously do with that pay off to set me up for new work. Losing a company vehicle, will need to get wheels and insurance ASAP.
              I was on a 3-day week for the last 4 or 5 months before left the old place. Received my redundancy based on statutory pay of 600 a week. Ah I see you've been on it over a year, as long as you can show proof of correspondence I think you should be alright. Also, would say it depends on the company and if you think they would try and screw you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                Treble.
                dont think so think its a loser

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                  Heading to Galway Friday for a couple of days, anyone any recomendations for decent restauraunts ?
                  Go for the early bird in L'Artisan-seriously good restaurant and they'll get you a pint from the pub downstairs if you want. (reckon you would need to book!)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                    I did the betting online under future horse racing on Boyles site, didn't say anything about ante post but no 100%.
                    Future racing = Antepost

Comment

Future racing = Antepost
                      Ahh Bollix

Comment

Whats the craic with the net flix ? it worth signing up? is there some thing you can get all the US sites stuff? it seems like fuck all selection on their site?

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                          Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                          I was on a 3-day week for the last 4 or 5 months before left the old place. Received my redundancy based on statutory pay of 600 a week. Ah I see you've been on it over a year, as long as you can show proof of correspondence I think you should be alright. Also, would say it depends on the company and if you think they would try and screw you.

I'm almost sure I read something about this recently - that FT employees who had their hours reduced to PT then made to take redundancy could not be fobbed off with redundancy based on final months salary if they were formally employed as FT and only took PT at request of management... Now I'm open to correction here but if you have correspondence requesting you to go part-time in 2010/2011 then you may have grounds to get the average pay over 2 years. See what offer is on the table first, know your sums before you go in: the figure for current wage; the FT wage and your two year average wage. So that you will know what they are offering, so that you have your questions ready.

GL!

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                            Whats the craic with the net flix ? it worth signing up? is there some thing you can get all the US sites stuff? it seems like fuck all selection on their site?
                            Yeah shit selection at the moment but the first month is free so as long as you don't forget to cancel the sub it's a bit of free entertainment. There's 3 seasons of Breaking Bad on it so that's worth £5.99 shirley?
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
                              I'm almost sure I read something about this recently - that FT employees who had their hours reduced to PT then made to take redundancy could not be fobbed off with redundancy based on final months salary if they were formally employed as FT and only took PT at request of management... Now I'm open to correction here but if you have correspondence requesting you to go part-time in 2010/2011 then you may have grounds to get the average pay over 2 years. See what offer is on the table first, know your sums before you go in: the figure for current wage; the FT wage and your two year average wage. So that you will know what they are offering, so that you have your questions ready.

GL!
                              The important factor is in working short time hours for more/less than 1 year. If less than should be on full pay, if more than depends on other factors like requesting to go back full time etc

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                The important factor is in working short time hours for more/less than 1 year. If less than should be on full pay, if more than depends on other factors like requesting to go back full time etc
                                see, the company director did not reply to my letter, but I know it was received and informed several people of me sending it, and so on, so i'm fairly confident I can argue my case. just gone over the year last month.
                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I haven't tried it, but apparently if you register for netflix with the month free and all, then log in using a US proxy, you can view the US netflix content.

Comment

Made me laugh when I was reading about the Sonnen Bisping match on Sherdog

Comment

Yeah, love that pic.
                                      Whats Sherdog like over the Sonnen/Bisping fight.

Comment

Yeah, love that pic.
                                        Whats Sherdog like over the Sonnen/Bisping fight.
                                        They hate Bisping more than those monkeys over on boards. The betting line is really odd. I think 2/7 for Sonnen to too low. Possible value in picking up Bisping and laying during the fight, because in all honest I don't think it will be anything other than a decision.

Comment

I wish I'd a name as cool as Fletcher 'IcePick' Nix
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I've always like Bisping, the fact that half the fans are morons and hate him makes me route for him more. But I also love Chael. The man is genius. I don't want to see Bisping destroyed like the last title eliminator. But, Chael v Silva 2 HAS to happen.

Yeah, I'd imagine ithe line gonna be too low. It's one of those spots where the line is too low, and the value is on Bisping. But its a frustrating bet as its so hard to realise that value in such rare spots. The correct bet is not to play here imo.

Comment

Hmm, you might be right. I want to see the Silva Sonnen rematch too, for me it doesn't end well for Sonnen.

I feel really sorry for Maia. I think he had the beating of Bisping and it was a big chance to shout for another's title shot. Weidman is a step back for him, one which I think he'll overcome with a decision victory.

Comment

Yeah, Maia is the victim here. Im hoping he can get a TKO win, to show that he is becoming a more rounded fighter.
                                                I'd like to see Maia or Palhares vrs Munoz next.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just watched The Game for the first time in awhile what a head fuck of a movie, quality thou.

Trailer for David Fincher's film starring Michael Douglas, Sean Penn, Deborah Kara Unger, James Rebhorn, Peter Donat, Carroll Baker, Anna Katarina, Armin Mue...
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Comment

I've always like Bisping, the fact that half the fans are morons and hate him makes me route for him more. But I also love Chael. The man is genius. I don't want to see Bisping destroyed like the last title eliminator. But, Chael v Silva 2 HAS to happen.

Yeah, I'd imagine ithe line gonna be too low. It's one of those spots where the line is too low, and the value is on Bisping. But its a frustrating bet as its so hard to realise that value in such rare spots. The correct bet is not to play here imo.
                                                        Cannot wait for sonnen silva 2, first was an absolute classic sonnen really should have held out for the win but silva gona silva. Be interesting to see how he gets on after such a long lay off.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                            Just watched The Game for the first time in awhile what a head fuck of a movie, quality thou.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kqQNBR09Rc
                                                            You're catching up dude...

The Game [1997]

... The Big Lebowski [1998]

...won't be long now.
                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

chilling time ...........

Bob Seger- Against the WindPLZ SUBRSCRIBE,that little yellow button by my name, yeah click that plz

Comment

Finished Generation Kill,

Anyone else watch this?

End song video (spoilered for TylerD )
                                                                SPOILER
                                                                Last edited by Micknail; 19-01-12, 06:30.
                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Yeah, Maia is the victim here. Im hoping he can get a TKO win, to show that he is becoming a more rounded fighter.
                                                                  I'd like to see Maia or Palhares vrs Munoz next.
                                                                  Bustamante is too smart to allow Palhares to fight Maia. That wouldnt be good for Toquinho. I think Maia versus Munoz would be great and a real proving ground for Maia.

Comment

Classic Rock fans. Openly weep.

Shop millions of Vintage, Classic & Contemporary Concert Posters, Photos, Retro Band and Rock T-Shirts, Live Music Streaming & Downloads, Vinyl

Amazing, just amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                      If you like Tapas try Cava on Dominic street,ate there recently and was very impressed.
                                                                      I ate here the week before Christmas. Couldn't recommend it enough. Unreal food, great atmosphere and staff. Reasonably priced too.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                        Finished Generation Kill,

Anyone else watch this?

End song video (spoilered for TylerD )
                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                        Yeah, very good TV series. Ziggy Sobotka from The Wire plays one of the major roles, and he's also in season 2 of Treme; that's some TV resume he's got!

Quiet in here today...

Comment

I signed up last saturday, The quantity of stuff on it is great but quality I would put it at fair, it's like a video rental shop in a lot of ways they keep some stuff on the shelf others they don't have, i think colliecourier said that there is a lot of deals beingmade ATM with the like's of Warner Bro's and a lot of other bigger production companies

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                          I haven't tried it, but apparently if you register for netflix with the month free and all, then log in using a US proxy, you can view the US netflix content.
                                                                          How do i log on using a US proxy can anyone tell me would like to try this out!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                            Yeah, very good TV series. Ziggy Sobotka from The Wire plays one of the major roles, and he's also in season 2 of Treme; that's some TV resume he's got!

Quiet in here today...
                                                                            The book is quite amazing too.
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                              Anyone who signed up to the Irish Netflix through the Xbox360 that wants access to the US library click here and follow the instructions, super-simple.

Possibly works on other platforms as well.

Comment

Help please. Posted this in the HM2 thread but maybe nobody looks outside of here.

Can't get the HUD to pop up on my donkament tables but it is there on the cash tables. Complete noob

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post
                                                                                  Help please. Posted this in the HM2 thread but maybe nobody looks outside of here.

Can't get the HUD to pop up on my donkament tables but it is there on the cash tables. Complete noob
                                                                                  Try going to session - table finder.. Then drag the relevant session onto the table.

Comment

Best bet is the HM2 forums, there seems to be lots of glitchy/compatibility stuff going on with the latest updates.

Mine has been playing up a lot lately also, but there pretty good on the forum for solutions, try posting there.

just installed hm2, imported old databases, have the auto import folders on right, but hud wont display. top left corner of tables it says heads-up, waiting for hands... any suggestions? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by The Rigger View Post
                                                                                      You're catching up dude...

The Game [1997]

... The Big Lebowski [1998]

...won't be long now.
                                                                                      Genuine lols
                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Not sure if you're using HEM or HEM2 seeing as you're a noob, but just incase you're using 1 or it's similar on 2

Got into HUD options
                                                                                        Player preferences
                                                                                        Choose the config you're using
                                                                                        Hit 'Use for' tab
                                                                                        Make sure you have tourney ticked

Comment

If you have a flutter on the tennis pregame and one of the players retires during the game, is that just tough shit? Had a bet on 3-1 and exactly 4 sets in the Roddick/Hewitt game and Roddick pulled out when he lost the 3rd set to go 2-1 down

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                            Not that its a line-in-the-sand issue, but did you not feel that her level of facial expression was a bit excessive?!
                                                                                            Not even close to a line in the sand issue but yeah was a bit OTT, maybe OTT is not the right word, quirky might be better but I like quirky

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                              If you have a flutter on the tennis pregame and one of the players retires during the game, is that just tough shit? Had a bet on 3-1 and exactly 4 sets in the Roddick/Hewitt game and Roddick pulled out when he lost the 3rd set to go 2-1 down
                                                                                              most sites have somewhat different rules to tennis bets so its best to check with whoever you did the bet with and check their T's and C's

Comment

my bet of over 35.5 games has been voided

pretty sick too it was home and dry

Comment

Terms and conditions vary from bookie to bookie.
                                                                                                  Some will void all bets (not ideal for those who backed Hewitt obviously) and others will declare Hewitt the winner. Things like who'll win the first set will still be settled by all, but correct score might be voided or some will pay out on 3-1 in the above game.
                                                                                                  Theres no industry standard.
                                                                                                  Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 19-01-12, 12:40.

Comment

Went for steak last night and after all the BBV talk i moved from the well done click to the Medium Group and i am afraid to say that you have all converted me, it was like eating something completely different!!

Well Done BBV, Well Done

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                      Have any of ye heard this song, my mother made me search for it, she reckons its gonna be a huge hit, seemingly big in OZ.

I thought it was weird but after she made me listen to it at least 3 times, I actually really like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY
                                                                                                      Heard that song whist away on the continent last October and thought it was cool so kept the name of band and song on my phone. Yet to look it up again tho, although have meant to a few times.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                        http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                          Went for steak last night and after all the BBV talk i moved from the well done click to the Medium Group and i am afraid to say that you have all converted me, it was like eating something completely different!!

Well Done BBV, Well Done
                                                                                                          Medium Rare journey complete.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post

Well Done BBV, Well Done
                                                                                                            Blue Journey complete

Comment

Originally posted by davidadams View Post
                                                                                                              most sites have somewhat different rules to tennis bets so its best to check with whoever you did the bet with and check their T's and C's
                                                                                                              Originally posted by spoofingjam View Post
                                                                                                              my bet of over 35.5 games has been voided

pretty sick too it was home and dry
                                                                                                              Bet was voided aswel. The line i was looking at for overs was 38.5 which was a little tricky because 4-6 6-3 6-3 6-4 doesn't even get there. I liked the overs on 35.5 tho

Comment

Trump And Ronnie about to go at it in The Masters, cracking match up.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Someone was looking for Berlin recommendations yest.
                                                                                                                  You could check out the Sunday Times Mag from this sunday just gone for some "interesting clubs"
                                                                                                                  cants seem to access online without paying, heres a trailer for the article (doesnt really do justice to the sleaze!)

Comment

Mother of christ. Gardai in Gaeltacht area get a 7.5% "Gaeltacht allowance" ! jjidgrjiopbnpbfiopdbhjiphjpiadfhbgjko[pgrr9t]-0qwrj9ggrgr9grj9jugrjo[egfwupiodbgjk;sdvbpu
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 19-01-12, 12:52.

Comment

was there a consensus reached on the "what's your biggest weakness" interview question?

a friend, ahem, may be asked that relatively soon.
                                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

On HM2 trial atm, in a tournament my hud stats reset at every table change?

Comment

Not sure if you're using HEM or HEM2 seeing as you're a noob, but just incase you're using 1 or it's similar on 2

Got into HUD options
                                                                                                                          Player preferences
                                                                                                                          Choose the config you're using
                                                                                                                          Hit 'Use for' tab
                                                                                                                          Make sure you have tourney ticked

Its HM2 and i cant locate the above on it. And still cant get the damn hud to popup on tourneys

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X