This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Only met Damo once and thought he was dead on, but he's very blinkered about this PITP thing imo.
    He was poorly treated on here.imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
      Why don't you name the person instead of being a weasel about it?
      Holding my trigger finger for fear of a ban but Why don't you diagf you stupid old creep

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
        He was poorly treated on here.imo.
        You could be right, I don't really know the ins and outs, I never really read the end of that flare up tbh, shame it happened either way.

Comment

Damo is a gent. Met him for two seconds and he was buying me pints and all.. Actually everyone I met off here are completely different IRL which I found surprising. Finkel being the most surprising for me..

I do understand sometimes that this place has a certain clique that likes to gang up when they feel like it though. You would see posts sometimes and it could say "boo" and it has about 300 thanks.

Not sure what the story is with the PITP thing but his posts on his facebook are brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
            I do understand sometimes that this place has a certain clique that likes to gang up when they feel like it. You would see posts sometimes and it could say "boo" and it has about 300 thanks.
            Who's in the clique?

Comment

Who's in the clique?
              Not you obv

Comment

Damo is a gent. Met him for two seconds and he was buying me pints and all.. Actually everyone I met off here are completely different IRL which I found surprising. Finkel being the most surprising for me..

I do understand sometimes that this place has a certain clique that likes to gang up when they feel like it though. You would see posts sometimes and it could say "boo" and it has about 300 thanks.

Not sure what the story is with the PITP thing but his posts on his facebook are brilliant.
                Boo.
                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Who's in the clique?
                  I have no interest in naming anyone or getting involved in a scrummage of that sort in here. I have had quite a hard time on here regardless of some mistakes I made and sometimes still get a hard time but at the end of the day we are posting on the internet and its fairly pointless starting a fight over a keyboard.

I find it funny, and if I didnt like the place I wouldnt post here.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                    Not you obv
                    I wonder though - if I'm not in it I imagine I'd be complaining about it as well. If I am in it then I'm unaware of it.

It's the sort of post I want to see more about tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                      Boo.
                      Heh heh

Comment

Who's in the clique?
                        Lottie, Dave and myself.

Comment

I have no interest in naming anyone or getting involved in a scrummage of that sort in here. I have had quite a hard time on here regardless of some mistakes I made and sometimes still get a hard time but at the end of the day we are posting on the internet and its fairly pointless starting a fight over a keyboard.

I find it funny, and if I didnt like the place I wouldnt post here.
                          Why did you bring it up if you didn't want to talk about it?

Comment

I brought it up because its how I feel about this place.

I dont have to continue talking about it?

As I said, I enjoy the place. Its just the small things about it make me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                              Lottie, Dave and myself.
                              Class avatar.

Comment

Cork innit.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Lottie, Dave and myself.
                                  Yeah, there is that.

Think Wombatman was trying to start a group a while ago as well, so we have the Wolfpack, the Wombatpack, Bubbleking and A_CE are surely some sort of unit now (if they haven't always secretly been the same person), I'm feeling left out.

Comment

I think of Finkel and Icarus as being much the same person - 'the Waterford person'.

Comment

Yeah, there is that.

Think Wombatman was trying to start a group a while ago as well, so we have the Wolfpack, the Wombatpack, Bubbleking and A_CE are surely some sort of unit now (if they haven't always secretly been the same person), I'm feeling left out.
                                      Wolfpack will be hiring in the Autumn.

Comment

I'm starting a clique, only letting myself in.

Comment

I brought it up because its how I feel about this place.

I dont have to continue talking about it?

As I said, I enjoy the place. Its just the small things about it make me laugh.
                                          It's a bit of a shit-stirring thing to do imo.

Comment

Wolfpack will be hiring in the Autumn.
                                            Don't think I'd be right for ye, I'm too cerebral.

EDIT: plus ye already have a Dave, probably no room for a David.

Comment

Sounds like clique talk

Comment

No, Not really.

Comment

Hey Mahony, what do you find surprising about me.

Comment

Don't think I'd be right for ye, I'm too cerebral.

EDIT: plus ye already have a Dave, probably no room for a David.
                                                    I also forgot that under section 21 of the wolfpack act 2011 no United fans may join.

Comment

I also forgot that under section 21 of the wolfpack act 2011 no United fans may join.
                                                      Even long-time disgruntled ones?

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                        That you still post in the same fashion you always did despite having ample chances to read your posts.

Comment

Even long-time disgruntled ones?
                                                          Yes, but we will howl it over at the AGM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            I think of Finkel and Icarus as being much the same person - 'the Waterford person'.
                                                            I'm from Wexford ya feckin jackeen

Comment

Just the fact that you always had a go off me on here, and you are a gent IRL.

I'd say it gos for most people on here.

Possibly because I dont play a lot of the live pokers and wouldnt know as many of yee as yee would know each other.

Comment

Im grooming A_CE to take over for me when I go obv

Although the Robbie Keane hate is completely his own he didnt need any direction there which is nice to see but he still needs to be enlightened in all the other sports the BBV has to offer

Comment

Not alot !!!!

@damo some of us still love you , see

I know your watching
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I think it's more so familiarity than a clique as such. Like there's a large group of posters that have been posting between here and boards for years so you're obv going to be more familier with their sense of humour or interests over a relatively new poster.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Personally I was amazed that you weren't some old degenerate in a mobility scooter.
                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          Oh no you don't,place is a powder keg today.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                            Slightly related and quite a few people have pointed it out already especially in the direction of BK;

Starting to get increasingly annoyed at people who feel that 'the internet' is some weirdly different plane of existence.

I presume you wouldn't ring people and go 'at the end of the day we are talking through a phone line and its fairly pointless starting a fight over a copper wire loop'
                                                                            I dont feel like that, I just feel it is pointless fighting over a keyboard.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                I think it's more so familiarity than a clique as such. Like there's a large group of posters that have been posting between here and boards for years so you're obv going to be more familier with their sense of humour or interests over a relatively new poster.
                                                                                I never really felt on the outside of a clique, despite not posting in the old place, maybe I'm just oblivious...

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  This is probably exactly it.

And as I said, I dont have a problem with it.

Comment

Just the fact that you always had a go off me on here, and you are a gent IRL.

I'd say it gos for most people on here.

Possibly because I dont play a lot of the live pokers and wouldnt know as many of yee as yee would know each other.
                                                                                    Find me 3 posts where I had a go at you. I even semi stood up for you in that infamous % debacle. Think I even staked you a few times. And I was pleasant when we met in cork. I think you may be mixing up with some of the nerds on here.

Comment

...

Comment

Slightly related and quite a few people have pointed it out already especially in the direction of BK;

Starting to get increasingly annoyed at people who feel that 'the internet' is some weirdly different plane of existence.

I presume you wouldn't ring people and go 'at the end of the day we are talking through a phone line and its fairly pointless starting a fight over a copper wire loop'
                                                                                        The internet is like driving a car,some people's personalities change completely.There should be a term like 'internet rage'.

Comment

...

Comment

A_CE, you got a load of stick for doing stupid stuff. Occasionally it will get brought up. When this happens you can either

a) shrug it off
                                                                                            b) deal with it then
                                                                                            or c) say nothing then bring it up as a passive agressive stab in a unrelated discussion.

Option a will actually result in less instances of the mistakes being brought up again.

Option b will just get added to the list of mistakes you've made

Option c will result in me writing lists like this. I'm on a horse.

Comment

no-on fighting except Finkel obv
                                                                                              I was just responding to a person referring to me as a weasel

Comment

Find me 3 posts where I had a go at you. I even semi stood up for you in that infamous % debacle. Think I even staked you a few times. And I was pleasant when we met in cork. I think you may be mixing up with some of the nerds on here.
                                                                                                you might not pick on people, but by fuck you love stirring!
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

I just think its your sense of humour. When I first joined I probably took most jokes as offensive anyway. And yeah as I said, you were a gent when I met you in Cork.

Possibly mixing you up with a few alright.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                      Personally I was amazed that you weren't some old degenerate in a mobility scooter.
                                                                                                      An I expected you to be taller

Comment

internet forums are a grey area that fall between the realms of communication and entertaintainment. Some use it purely for information while others use it purely as a source of entertainment. Argueably most fall in between. To suggest that there is a social "norm" for how one should act on an internet forum - which is still a relatively new phenomenon in the grand scheme of things is a little silly

I still maintain it is possible (and quite common) to have a different online persona compared to how you act IRL - but yeah citation needed and all that

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                          you might not pick on people, but by fuck you love stirring!
                                                                                                          Again, you must be mixing me up with someone else on here

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                            A_CE, you got a load of stick for doing stupid stuff. Occasionally it will get brought up. When this happens you can either

a) shrug it off
                                                                                                            b) deal with it then
                                                                                                            or c) say nothing then bring it up as a passive agressive stab in a unrelated discussion.

Option a will actually result in less instances of the mistakes being brought up again.

Option b will just get added to the list of mistakes you've made

Option c will result in me writing lists like this. I'm on a horse.
                                                                                                            I have shrugged it off every time.

And where did I have a "passive aggressive stab".???

I just said I noticed it and I feel like I should be aloud say that? Not really a big deal. Dont know why the discussion is even continuing.

The Situation hit the nail on the head, its just familiarity which I of course have no problem with.

About 5 people on here met me IRL and I got on well with all of them, and Im sure I would get on with most on here.

The point aswell I am making in relation to hitchhikers post is that one or two I met on here IRL was COMPLETELY different to how they post on here.

Comment

Gary Neville is a genius. The wolfpack are cunts. Phil Neville is a genius and Neville Neville has traces of Jesus in his semen.
                                                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

An I expected you to be taller
                                                                                                                By my words I may be some Utopian Superman but in reality I'm a dystopian shortarse.

Comment

Again, you must be mixing me up with someone else on here
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Presumably the same happened when mailed letters first came about. That meek little Caesar who wouldn't hurt a fly IRL was suddenly there writing 'ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu' letters to Asterix and Obelix
                                                                                                                      Heh.A few articles have been written about the danger of email over traditional letter writing.I think alot of it is to do with the speed you can do either one.

I mean,take writing a letter.Someone pisses you off so you go looking for a pen and paper,you compose your thoughts and write them down.You don't have speelcheck so you're forced to read back for errors.You got to the post office and buy a stamp and then you think about putting it in the postbox.

The internet/email = mash head on keyboard.Press return.

Comment

Who's in the clique?

It's the 'people who disagree with Citizen' clique.

Comment

*MSN please don't cat-nap this cat.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X