This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
    will line that one up soon, isn't the Danish accent the worst accent in Europe, can't stand listening to it.
    I disagree,Danish doen't even make my top 3.I'd tell you my top 2 but I may unintentionally offend you.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Downing a Liverpool player - £20m!

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
        I disagree,Danish doen't even make my top 3.I'd tell you my top 2 but I may unintentionally offend you.

go-on tell us

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
          Downing a Liverpool player - £20m!

Opr
          He still has to agree personal terms and undergo a medical so don't think it's a done deal yet. Can't see Arsenal matching the bid so should be a formality tho

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            He still has to agree personal terms and undergo a medical so don't think it's a done deal yet. Can't see Arsenal matching the bid so should be a formality tho
            The official Liverpool FC website. The only place to visit for all your LFC news, videos, history and match information. Full stats on LFC players, club products, official partners and lots more.

Done deal, £50m spent on the midfield alone this window.
            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

1. Cork
              2. Wexford
              3. Wicklow

Comment

Enda expected to go to Sunday’s Connacht football final between Roscommon and Mayo in Roscommon. Crazy cnut. There's gonna be a riot.
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Predicting an über cautious copa game here. Paraguay have eight clean sheets in last eleven games. Venezuela yet to conceed in the tourney but have only scored once. Under 1.5 at 15/8 imo.

Can see a Brazil onslaught in the later game, no value in match betting but I'll be spread betting over 9 corners.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...ee-downing-fee

Done deal, £50m spent on the midfield alone this window.
                    Yeah that's exactly what i said

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                      Enda expected to go to Sunday’s Connacht football final between Roscommon and Mayo in Roscommon. Crazy cnut. There's gonna be a riot.
                      Odds on him needing a visit to A&E?

Comment

I meant the actual language, it's grates.

fire away on yer top 3, Dublin has many different accents, doubt I can be offended by your personal dislikes. Scouse is titling but Rooney speaks it beautifully imo

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                          1. Cork
                          2. Wexford
                          3. Wicklow
                          1.Nope
                          2.Nope
                          3.Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            Yeah that's exactly what i said
                            True true, just being pedantic.

Our new boy should be announced tomorrow, liking our away for this season

Comment

I meant the actual language, it's grates.

fire away on yer top 3, Dublin has many different accents, doubt I can be offended by your personal dislikes. Scouse is titling but Rooney speaks it beautifully imo
                              I'm obv not scouse, not even a cockney technically,born too far from bowe bells you see. Your a long way out with Dublin and Manchester too, I grew up with Corrie, when Kevin Webster starts screaming at Rosie it a beautiful thing
                              Last edited by dannydiamond; 13-07-11, 22:03.

Comment

Just looking through the betting and incase i'm missing something, are Dinamo Tbilisi not a huge price at 8/15 away to Llanelli in the Europa League qualifiers tomorrow?

Comment

It has to be South African for worst accent/sound.
                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I'm obv not scouse, not even a cockney technically speaking. Your a long way out with Dublin and Manchester too, I gerw up with Corrie, when Kevin Webster starts screaming at Rosie it a beautiful thing
                                    Id pay good money to see rosie scream savage woman

Comment

I'm obv not scouse, not even a cockney technically speaking. Your a long way out with Dublin and Manchester too, I gerw up with Corrie, when Kevin Webster starts screaming at Rosie it a beautiful thing
                                      Finnish ? I agree it not a great acent, the other hlaf has lived in Sweden Finlaad but mostly in ireland in her life so her accent is hard to place really, deffo strong hint of Dublin though . (not as common as mine though)

I heard your accent wouldnt have said scouse at all deffo down southhh

ps a reluctant congrats to Tallaght over Talin last night. hate da rovers.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                        1. Cork
                                        2. Wexford
                                        3. Wicklow
                                        1.Nope
                                        2.Nope
                                        3.Nope
                                        Donegal
                                        dublin moore st
                                        mayo

any there?

Comment

I'm obv not scouse, not even a cockney technically speaking.
                                          Mockney?
                                          does you speak estuary?

Comment

What's the story with the live WSOP coverage starting tomorrow with 30min hole card delay? Will there be streams?
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Finnish ? I agree it not a great acent, the other hlaf has lived in Sweden Finlaad but mostly in ireland in her life so her accent is hard to place really, deffo strong hint of Dublin though . (not as common as mine though)

I heard your accent wouldnt have said scouse at all deffo down southhh
                                              That's saafh to you.

Aye, it's Finnish, no offence intended obv.

I went out with a Finnish girl a few times, her english was terrible but she was gorgeous. It was never gonna last,every time she opened her mouth(to talk) I thought my ears would start bleeding.

I spent some time in Brugges when I was backpacking, Flemish is a close second.

Comment

Donegal accent is pure poetry.

Limerick accent is a disgrace to the nation.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                  I'm reliably informed that it just got blocked in Intel yesterday as well, which would be a strange coincidence - has IPB just become big enough to get on some sort of internet sex offenders list?
                                                  You obv grassed it up in some sort of bizzaro revenge plot...

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                    What's the story with the live WSOP coverage starting tomorrow with 30min hole card delay? Will there be streams?
                                                    Assume it's freely available online? If not legally then it'll certainly be available somewhere.

The 8-game championship is so much more interesting than the main event, pity they ruin it on the final table. Ivey making the final table was pretty awesome though.

Also wtf are Liverpool at this transfer window? Is there some kind of tax relief on over-priced mediocre British talent!?
                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                      Lets not forget Young played most of his best stuff for Villa "in the hole" or with a free role, whatever you like to call it. So where does Sneijder fit in?
                                                      Left wing is where he was and imo is at his best. Very good signing for United. Reminds me a lot of Giggs in his younger days, he can beat players and always gets back and helps his full back too. Like Giggs his end product is not always the greatest, he puts in some awful crosses and sometimes he misses chances he really should score but he does it right enough to be a really top player.
                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Welsh is the nut accent for woman. Columbian nice too, basing that purely on your one from modern family. Monaghan best in Ireland.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

A bottle of wine sitting in the sunset in approx 88 minutes, happy with that.

Feeling a bit ballsy now though. Home tomorrow.

NUT accent is the southern drawl btw

There's a southern accent, where I come from The young'uns call it country The Yankees call it dumb I got my own way of talkin' But everything is done, with ...
                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 13-07-11, 22:20.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                            Welsh is the nut accent for woman. Columbian nice too, basing that purely on your one from modern family. Monaghan best in Ireland.
                                                            Now yur sukkin daesil boi .

Brummie is the worst accent eva

Comment

Downing is a decent signing but overpriced. I'm liking all these signing, but the team still has no recognised left back. Until that's sorted I'm gonna continue to be sceptical.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                Welsh is the nut accent for woman. .
                                                                It's just a slow Cork accent without the incessant "I'm from Cork"

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Ickky, is that a cover of what I think it is?

I'm afraid to press play

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                      Downing is a decent signing but overpriced. I'm liking all these signing, but the team still has no recognised left back. Until that's sorted I'm gonna continue to be sceptical.
                                                                      or a dominant quick brave centre back who isn't made of glass

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                        Ickky, is that a cover of what I think it is?

I'm afraid to press play
                                                                        Tom Petty you mean? lol,no

It's from Mission Impossible 3 (4?),I won't be going to see the movie but that tune is pretty good imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                          Now yur sukkin daesil boi .

Brummie is the worst accent eva
                                                                          I like the Birmingham accent.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

There's a long way to go yet for this transfer window. I'd be stunned if a first team LB wasn't signed.
                                                                          There's arguments for and against our signings so far but there's obv a plan and I'll reserve judgement until the deadline has passed.

Just think back to this time last year and it'll make you feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                            Tom Petty you mean? lol,no

It's from Mission Impossible 3 (4?),I won't be going to see the movie but that tune is pretty good imo.
                                                                            phewzilla

Still shite though.

30seconds was all I could take

Comment

Pat Russel reckons its a mongrel cork/english accent

Comment

I've just started The Apprentice.

No spoilers in answers please, but have they revealed Susan as a space cadet wild-card-esque entry yet?
                                                                                - FML she's actually retarded

Lols, Helen just divided 6 by 100

Natasha's worse. YEAH!?

Wait, Columbus discovered the potato? Did he invent the bicycle to?

OR were they both Raleigh?

Jim 7*60 = 4800. heheheh

Natasha is a disgrace. How is she even here!?
                                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 13-07-11, 23:09.

Comment

he's stopped - hold pls

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    Donegal accent is pure poetry.

Limerick accent is a disgrace to the nation.
                                                                                    I just love the wimmin with the Donegal accent.

I have a very, very strong Limerick accent. When I moved to England, almost 2 yrs ago, a Malaysian student came up to me after a lecture with a predicament - she had difficulty understanding me as English was not her first language, and she didnt think English was my first language either...........

Comment

£20m for Downing? ugh...

Comment

Not sure if its been posted. This is awesome!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                          £20m for Downing? ugh...

King Kenny behaving very raffalike with the clubs money. oh dearie me.

Comment

Only a few more days to go

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                              Pat Russel reckons its a mongrel cork/english accent
                                                                                              Ironically he prob isn't a million miles away. 'cross/mixture' would have been far better than using the word mongrel but that wasn't going to get his 'I'm an absolute wanker' point across very well.

Originally posted by K1NG View Post
                                                                                              I just love the wimmin with the Donegal accent.

I have a very, very strong Limerick accent. When I moved to England, almost 2 yrs ago, a Malaysian student came up to me after a lecture with a predicament - she had difficulty understanding me as English was not her first language, and she didnt think English was my first language either...........
                                                                                              Limerick city accent,ala Rubberbandits?
                                                                                              If so you're good now, they've made it cool.

Comment

Gf has a donegal accent which i like a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                  Assume it's freely available online? If not legally then it'll certainly be available somewhere.

The 8-game championship is so much more interesting than the main event, pity they ruin it on the final table. Ivey making the final table was pretty awesome though.

Also wtf are Liverpool at this transfer window? Is there some kind of tax relief on over-priced mediocre British talent!?

King Kenny behaving very raffalike with the clubs money. oh dearie me.
                                                                                                  Just said all this on my facebook

Like really, whats the story??

Young > downing. 18< 20
                                                                                                  henderson at that price? Did anyone watch the u21s. Feel sorry for the lad, he's good and promising but that price tag means he has to start performing

Heard a story re Carroll which I believe to be fully true. They agreed a fee. Confirmed it was done so they could sell Torres. Sell Torres. Go back to newcaslte and the figure rose by 30%

lolverpool
                                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post

Young > downing. 18< 20
                                                                                                    henderson at that price? Did anyone watch the u21s. Feel sorry for the lad, he's good and promising but that price tag means he has to start performing

Heard a story re Carroll which I believe to be fully true. They agreed a fee. Confirmed it was done so they could sell Torres. Sell Torres. Go back to newcaslte and the figure rose by 30%

lolverpool
                                                                                                    The Carroll price was almost certaily driven by the Torres transfer,pretty much accepted at this stage,doesnt take a genius to work it out.

As for Henderson and Downing, of course there's a chance they could turn out to be bad business but I certainly wouldn't be judging the u21s as a fair reflection of Hendersons ability to be a success at Liverpool,that's very short sighted. Sticking on an England shirt is pretty much guaranteed to make you look bad at this stage.
                                                                                                    Pearce's tactics wasn't allowing the lad to play any football at all in fairness, every ball hoofed over his head.
                                                                                                    Last edited by dannydiamond; 13-07-11, 23:00.

Comment

Young > downing. 18< 20

lolverpool
                                                                                                      Downing was Villa's player of the year last year, and Young also only had 12 months left on his contract. Utd spent the same on Phil Jones as Liverpool did on Downing, not to mention 17m or so on a 20 year old Spanish keeper yet I don't see you loling or questioning any of that.

I wish once in a while ye mancs would get off ye're high horses and see that the prices ye have paid for players this summer are no worse than the prices Liverpool have paid. Both paid too much for the players imo.

Comment

This stuff is the nuts

Comment

Torres was Carroll+15
                                                                                                          so Chelski paid for Carroll

That being the case, the higher the price for Carroll the better, no?

+As far as I'm aware they still haven't started buying players as a bribe to agents to grease the wheels for other transfers, so they got that going

Comment

Anderson cost Man United around 30m and Bebe cost around 9m but that's fine because only Man United can overpay for players I suppose.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                              Anderson cost Man United around 30m and Bebe cost around 9m but that's fine because only Man United can overpay for players I suppose.

Opr
                                                                                                              Fact of the matter is that trophys >>>> transfer fees.

(from a less-than-passing-interest-soccer-fan)

Comment

The Carroll price was almost certaily driven by the Torres transfer,pretty much accepted at this stage.
                                                                                                                As for Henderson and Downing, of course there's a chance they could turn out to be bad business but I certainly wouldn't be judging the u21s as a fair reflection of Hendersons ability to be a success at Liverpool,that's very short sighted.
                                                                                                                What is hendersons ability then?
                                                                                                                We see him breaking on to the scene in the middle for Sunderland. A weak team, especially in the midfield, were one of their loan players is one of their best players.
                                                                                                                He stands out here - well done, and i sincerely mean that

then the transfer to liverpool.Its understandable that they want to sign a good young player who seems to possess ambition and drive. But paying over 23 million for a completely unproven player is ridic

So having this price tag on his shoulders, we examine him at the next available opportunity, which is playing U21 with his country. A stage at which a player worth 20mill + should shine (or should i say 10 million plus)
                                                                                                                He didnt. Whether it was nerves or that he hasnt "progressed" that much as a footballer im not sure, probably a mixture of both.

To say we cant judge him on this performance (or lack of) is wrong. It just helped re-affirm my belief that he was over priced. Un doubtedly a good player, but it will be years until we see if he was really worth 23£.

All in all, from what we've seen so far - bad transfer valuation on Lpools part
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Anderson was £18m

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                    Downing was Villa's player of the year last year, and Young also only had 12 months left on his contract. Utd spent the same on Phil Jones as Liverpool did on Downing, not to mention 17m or so on a 20 year old Spanish keeper yet I don't see you loling or questioning any of that.

I wish once in a while ye mancs would get off ye're high horses and see that the prices ye have paid for players this summer are no worse than the prices Liverpool have paid. Both paid too much for the players imo.
                                                                                                                    how abt berba and juan seba class true utd class

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                      Fact of the matter is that trophys >>>> transfer fees.

(from a less-than-passing-interest-soccer-fan)
                                                                                                                      Yeah exactly this will be Dalglish first full season in charge in quite a while so he will be judged over time on what he wins and not whether he overpaid for certain players.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                        Gf has a donegal accent which i like a lot
                                                                                                                        +1. Although I did laugh when Norris asked her to say "I will"

Comment

love welsh girls acc and derry girls

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X