This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol brazilian footie. Copa Libertadores final in Sao Paulo:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

lol Argentinean football. Belgrano push River Plate towards relegation. RP fans react badly:

Last edited by Fuzzy Logic; 25-06-11, 19:43.

Comment

Had a 20 hour sleep there. And I still feel tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        No, people don't drink and drive because there are no buses or taxis (where the fuck are there no taxis ) They drink and drive because they are alcoholics.
        Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
        in the country

yes and it only done from the local pub, where there is a taxi it not done.
        with only 5/6 pints only anymore than that i don't.

Comment

The country pub trade down here has gotten so bad pretty much every local pub here paid out for a mini bus & driver & driving you to & from the pub for free

Comment

No, people don't drink and drive because there are no buses or taxis (where the fuck are there no taxis ) They drink and drive because they are alcoholics.
            OK - The first bit was promising but saying that people drink and drive because they are alcoholics is just so ignorant I don't even know where to begin...

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
              Crystal Meth comedown?

Comment

Too much sleep, 5-6 hrs is plenty imo

Comment

@ Kayroo.
                  Im 100% convinced that speed on the road is a far bigger killer than alcohol. (in saying that, I am not saying that drink driving is OK. In fact Im a strong opposer of it. Im driving 30 years and can honestly say I have never done it, and when I go out, I take steps to make sure I dont).

Old couple living down here were involved in a serious crash last week on one of those country roads you were mentioning. The lady was killed outright, the gent in hospital with no hope of recovery. (both in their 60's or 70's). A relation of theirs frequents the club here, and he was telling me last night that a boy-racer was the cause of it (happened around midnight). The old dears never drive more than 40-50 mph, so you can imagine the speed he must have been doing to do that damage.
                  I can only speak for down this way, but the amount of boy-racers on the road at night-time and their lack of common sense on it as well is simply frightening. Because of their age, they see no danger. Its all a showing off thingy imho. And they come out in groups late at night. Its no coincidence that insurance companies charge the young people an arm and a leg for insurance. I dont have the figures with me, but a lot of these country road crashes and deaths late at nite involve young drivers. Yes, of course, some of these accidents have drink involved, but my opinion is that more have speed and young drivers as a contributing factor.

Gardai cant man every road with speed-guns. I see it going on every night of the week (probably on a larger scale on weekend nights). If young people want to put their lives at risk with their bravado driving skills, then thats up to them. Its just a pity that they take innoccents with them as well sometimes.

Comment

Who was that con?? that was a relation

Comment

Believe it or not, there are many small villages in this country of ours that do not have a taxi service. I could name you a few here in Kerry. To get a taxi to collect you from a pub in one of them villages means you ordering a taxi from a nearby town. Then the taxi becomes a €20-€30 fare home for a 3 or 4 mile spin, where-as the same taxi home for us in the towns/cities is €5-€8 for that kinda distance.

That is probably the biggest reason in the decimation of the rural pubs. I guess to b a successful rural publican now, one would have to provide a taxi/lift home for the regular customers.
                      If a lad drinks 3 or 4 pints and drives home, yes, he is 100% in the wrong. But that doesnt neccessarily make him an alcoholic.

Comment

Nice. I did 14 hours yesterday after fucking up my body clock, then working two day shifts. After an hour or so, a long shower and cup of tea/coffee you'll feel like a million dollars.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                          Crystal Meth comedown?
                          30 hours of travel from Vegas. Thanks to an Aer lingus delay and two cuntish babies who not only would not stop crying and kicking my seat but decided to get sick and smell up the plane. I was actually contemplating shouting at some babies. And their retarded mother for doing fuck all. Not even once appolgizing for the noise, the kicking or the smell.

To sum it up babies are shit and so is long haul air travel.

Comment

Do not read from your last post before the sleep imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                              Do not read from your last post before the sleep imo.
                              I have and it seems IPB and mainly the BBV has gone to the cats () since I left.

Comment

There are few looser terms thrown around than the word 'Alcoholic' and the resistance to the word is enormous. I use it to describe anyone who has problems in their life that are caused by alcohol. I'm sorry if it offends anyone's sensibilities but speaking as someone with thirty years experience dealing with people with alcohol problems, for me and many other people I know drinking and driving is as good a jumping off point for a working definition of what makes an alcoholic as there is.
                                So as far as I'm concerned anyone drives a car over the legal limit has a problem in that their drinking is more important to them than the safety of other people.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

So as far as I'm concerned anyone drives a car over the legal limit has a problem in that their drinking is more important to them than the safety of other people.
                                  There are plenty of people who are confident they are capable of driving a car perfectly after a couple of pints. They don't feel they are endangering the lives of others by doing it.
                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

LaoisHammer and Premierstone on the Final Table of the $2r $50k gtd. Prizepool of $142k and almost $18k for the winner. Go go lads

Comment

There are few looser terms thrown around than the word 'Alcoholic' and the resistance to the word is enormous. I use it to describe anyone who has problems in their life that are caused by alcohol. I'm sorry if it offends anyone's sensibilities but speaking as someone with thirty years experience dealing with people with alcohol problems, for me and many other people I know drinking and driving is as good a jumping off point for a working definition of what makes an alcoholic as there is.
                                      I'm no friend of the bog, but even I realise there's more to it than this.

The funny thing is, I'll probably get into a car with a driver somewhat over the legal limit coming back from the local down the country, but I wouldn't in Dublin. There are just less cars to crash into I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                        There are plenty of people who are confident they are capable of driving a car perfectly after a couple of pints. They don't feel they are endangering the lives of others by doing it.
                                        It doesn't matter what they feel; the very point is that they feel in complete control but as a result of the mind altering substance they are taking they are not actually in control.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

There is a state in the U.S , which is so sparsely populated, and the roads so straight, that drink driving is legal. Cant remember which one , too lazy to look up, but read an article about it recently

Comment

It doesn't matter what they feel; the very point is that they feel in complete control but as a result of the mind altering substance they are taking they are not actually in control.
                                            I'm talking about people who would tell you this before they have had any drink.
                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Nice offer from steam. Could've been posted already.

The Steam Winter Sale is on now — find great deals on thousands of games! Plus vote for the best games of 2023 in the Steam Awards and earn free stickers.

While I'm here, has the way you post a youtube vid changed or something?

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                Famous last words, "shur i'm grand".

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                  I'm no friend of the bog, but even I realise there's more to it than this.

The funny thing is, I'll probably get into a car with a driver somewhat over the legal limit coming back from the local down the country, but I wouldn't in Dublin. There are just less cars to crash into I guess.
                                                  yeah its pretty standard out in the country.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Macklin v sturm is on ss2 now, should be a decent fight.

Comment

Outstanding munster minor semi final in Walsh Park tonight. Waterford v Limerick - Waterford up 3-3 to 0-0 after 8 mins, then led 3-6 to 0-3 after about 20. Took the eye of the ball and let Limerick back into it 3-7 to 1-4 at HT. All Limerick in the second half and they led 2-13 to 3-8 at one stage. Waterford got back into it though and it finished 4-11 to 3-14 at the end of full time. Waterford showed the big heart again in extra time and ran out 4-17 to 3-15 winners. Top notch entertainment. Our senior and minors into the Munster final for the 3rd year in a row. - The first time Waterford senior and minors ever got through to the munster final in the same year was 2009! Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                        Suppose the reason for posting originally was that wouldn't mind paying maybe €1,400 for it and was wondering if it was worthwhile even trying such a strategy.

Because its a new-build I'd guess its fairly energy efficient though.

Really want to stay someone nice but on public transport, which seems to be either Dalkey or Howth. gf insists it has to be an apartment rather than a house which is kind of restricting.
                                                        If you get a place like that. Invest in very heavy full length curtains as you will need them to cut down on heating bills come the winter. You don't want to have a small baby in a freezing house and no matter how new the build is, the heat lost out windows like that are phenomenal.

Comment

Any link for the Sturm Macklin fight?

edit got it

Comment

Dublin and KK will contest the Leinster minor final as well as the senior final next weekend. Thats Dublin into Leinster hurling finals at minor, u-21 and senior this year. Fair fucks to all involved there

Comment

matthew macklin has just been robbed in germany

Comment

Early reports of Charlie Adam signing a 4 year deal with Liverpool, 8.5mill plus add ons
                                                                Last edited by Percy007; 25-06-11, 21:55.

Comment

Early reports of Charlie Adam signing a 4 and 1/2 year deal with Liverpool, not heard fee yet.
                                                                  hope this falls through would rather keep mereles

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                    matthew macklin has just been robbed in germany
                                                                    Not sure what the two judges were at giving it 4 rounds to sturm. Sturm won the last few rounds and it was very close but I had macklin by 2. Knew he would not get the win as Germany is well known for their dodgy decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                      hope this falls through would rather keep mereles

Adam deal is done, Meireles is sending out the vibes he wants to go as the oul wife hasnt settled in the Scouse Riviera

Comment

how much money would Michael Bay have to spend to make a transformers as good as the 1986 animated movie?
                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                          Not sure what the two judges were at giving it 4 rounds to sturm. Sturm won the last few rounds and it was very close but I had macklin by 2. Knew he would not get the win as Germany is well known for their dodgy decisions.
                                                                          fukin disgrace reminds me of wayne mc v nassem hamed 2 judges should be shot

Comment

Adam deal is done, Meireles is sending out the vibes he wants to go as the oul wife hasnt settled in the Scouse Riviera
                                                                            this is stupid tbh no offence but adam is just a glorified pen taker

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                              how much money would Michael Bay have to spend to make a transformers as good as the 1986 animated movie?
                                                                              YEAHHHHH!

Comment

Charlie Adam's sister's pants are the best,
                                                                                You can smell them from the east to the west,
                                                                                They are better when soiled and damp,
                                                                                Charlie Adam's sister's PANTS!!

Comment

Is it a Liverpool policy now to buy 'homegrown' players? Really pissed off at the Henderson/Adams signings, they are not going to improve the team much. Was told earlier that Moreilles was likely to leave too which baffles me as he was prob the best player last year. If he wants to leave for reasons mentioned above fair enough but if its Liverpool looking to get rid of him it'd be madness

Comment

I know drinking and driving is as good a jumping off point for a working definition of what makes an alcoholic as there is.
                                                                                    Just my 2 cents. The couple of serious long term alcoholics I know are excellent drivers. All their driving has been done while intoxicated, and they probably wouldn't be able to find their keys if they somehow accidentally became sober.

Btw, for the record I am guilty of being over the limit the morning after on a few occasions. Last Monday being the first one in a long time, and reminding me of why I shouldn't drink seriously on a Sunday
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                      Is it a Liverpool policy now to buy 'homegrown' players? Really pissed off at the Henderson/Adams signings, they are not going to improve the team much. Was told earlier that Moreilles was likely to leave too which baffles me as he was prob the best player last year. If he wants to leave for reasons mentioned above fair enough but if its Liverpool looking to get rid of him it'd be madness
                                                                                      Obv pissed off at the treatment of Woy

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                        IMO everybody can have their own defense but comparing Gills "fuck you" to what EE wrote is a big difference and the way he wrote it, if EE had said "fuck you" or something similar it would of slide by but he didn't so...
                                                                                        There is no difference at all . It's just that you have much more love for that other cunt.
                                                                                        IMHO

Comment

...
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                              There is no difference at all . It's just that you have much more love for that other cunt.
                                                                                              IMHO

Comment

Glad I went to Spar earlier

Comment

Surely this is a strange picture for someone to put on a website seeking au pair work?

http://www.easyaupair.com/viewprofileaupair/112161/
                                                                                                  She has a driving license. Might be cheaper than getting one yourself. Plus, she's more likely to be sober

Comment

Yes I thought that Meireles was the best player last season but I cant remember the last time he finished a game for us, his tube was always out and he was afraid to get stuck in for a tackle. I think Adam will improve the squad and the addition of Downing next week will help matters too. I think we need to build the squad to hack life in the prem (tried and tested if you like) and then add a "marquee" signing in the windows that follow to add class to the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                      While I'm here, has the way you post a youtube vid changed or something?
                                                                                                      Anyone?

Comment

you said you were only going to have a beer or two; what went wrong? (!)
                                                                                                        Well. Apologies for enjoying your company ( and Keane too)

Comment

you said you were only going to have a beer or two; what went wrong? (!)
                                                                                                          I'd prefer to never speak of it again, although I have to ask if you remember meeting the guy giving out the photos he took of Donegal who said he does porn!?

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone?
                                                                                                            Test

Watch Father Ted on All 4: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/father-ted

So it seems to be the same as before. Though the vid doesn't appear in a 'preview' the way it used to.
                                                                                                            Last edited by ComradeCollie; 25-06-11, 22:22.

Comment

Help Needed

Anyone here with a decent enough working knowledge of Sage Line 50?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                  Cheers. Just wondering why they're all centered?

EDIT: Yeah. Was wondering what the story was with the preview. Cheers CC.

Comment

Glad I went to Spar earlier
                                                                                                                    Tasty stuff indeed, I'd murder a couple of beers now. Sitting in watching Coldplay @Glasto on BBC2 with a cup of tea and pasta.

Comment

...

Comment

- vague flashes of events but nothing firm

So the guy that shot the porn said about you

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X