This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
    How are students mean to get into college without a leaving cert? Assuming they arent mature students.
    I got in with a portfolio.

Comment

@ MSN

what you have done is paid for your daughter to go on a sunny holiday with her boyfriend to get ride in all positions under the sun, her plan will be get pregnant and not worry about school

Comment

Originally posted by davidadams View Post
        @ MSN

what you have done is paid for your daughter to go on a sunny holiday with her boyfriend to get ride in all positions under the sun, her plan will be get pregnant and not worry about school
        ah lads, let's leave how her daughter is getting ridden out of it. wives, sisters, GF's cousins, all open season, kids, not so much.
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
          Made this quite disgusting looking scrambled egg from Heston Blumenthal's show last week this afternoon. wow - tasted really good.

Linky to recipe
          Eggs are meant to be quick and easy. As much as i love scrambled egg, i can't see myself spending 20 mins cooking it. 1m40 in the microwave or a couple more minutes in a pot and that'll do me fine!

Comment

I did fairly average in school, 360pts in leaving, like your daughter I was lazy and did my best to do as little work as possible. I did a 2 year cert, which lead me into the second year of a honours business degree. It took me the extra year to mature as a person and realise that a bit of hard work isn't so bad.

Left college with a first class honours and a masters degree and now in a very competitive job.

Sometimes people just aren't as mature as their parents want to be and shouting at them certainly isn't going to make them mature any faster, and definitely, definitely do not make it about yourself (irony in that a lot of this post is about me), there is nothing that a child wants to here less then "I want you to do well because I didn't".

Give the kid a break, it's only fifth year, send her to a career guidance person asap, it's amazing how a bit of direction and seeing where they want to get to will get people motivate.
            It's hard to study when you aren't getting anything out of it (good leaving cert results count for shit if it means you do some nonsense college degree that you don't really want to do.)
            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

People who say she's over reacting are over reacting imo. Kids need the law laid down to them, too many parents ty to be their kids best friend and never say no to them. Whats the result? A bunch of listless ADHD fatties with no concept of how the real world works.

If I ever have a son I'm going to be the nut hard cunt of a father. X boxes, playstations and all of that crap wont get a look in. Might even go the spartan route of leaving him out in the wild for a night or two to make sure he's not a wuss.

Comment

Fantastic FF result this week, Sturridge out and Simpson in with 6 pts. Now Richards out tonight and Dyer in with 13 pts

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                  Used to teach in DIT on courses that required about 200 points for entry. Main problem was the condescension towards the students. They had me teach on entire module on how to write good well in business. We literally spent a two hour class going through how to address letters correctly. meh t'was welcome beer money, but was almost like they had written off the students before they even began.
                  They got the right man for the job.

I actually have thought about it again and the entire sentence is horrible.

[ x ] Loves being a snob
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    People who say she's over reacting are over reacting imo. Kids need the law laid down to them, too many parents ty to be their kids best friend and never say no to them. Whats the result? A bunch of listless ADHD fatties with no concept of how the real world works.

If I ever have a son I'm going to be the nut hard cunt of a father. X boxes, playstations and all of that crap wont get a look in. Might even go the spartan route of leaving him out in the wild for a night or two to make sure he's not a wuss.

And then he will love you........OR ELSE

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                        I did fairly average in school, 360pts in leaving, like your daughter I was lazy and did my best to do as little work as possible. I did a 2 year cert, which lead me into the second year of a honours business degree. It took me the extra year to mature as a person and realise that a bit of hard work isn't so bad.
                        I knew before doing the LC that I needed c. 330 points for the course I wanted to do and got enough to do it. The LC is such a bullshit system, was doing honours maths into 6th year but was starting to struggled with it, dropped to pass which is the equivalent of junior cert higher and knew was guaranteed an A1 in that and 60 pts. Now I know I would have liked to have a go at higher maths but it took way too much time away from other subjects for me to do it at the time.

There is very little incentive in the LC to do as well as you can as all that matters is getting the amount of points necessary for a particular course.

Comment

Laying Man City for chunks.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                              Just saw Shame, fucking excellent! Fassbender is brilliant in it and I imagine will be hard to beat in the Oscars this year given that performance. Worth a trip to the cinema to see as some of the scenes were brilliantly done, especially a number where a still camera is used in a continuous scene. Quality stuff. He'll also be up for best cock if the Oscars ever get round to adding that to the list
                              That is one strange review...
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Peru day 3/4 update.

Colombia is the nut low for organisation. Got to the embassy to meet with ambassador and process visa. Queue 6 hours despite being the first person in queue. get to him eventually, he says sorry took so long had a problem with the forms, why whats wrong, there is no mention of your job title. i have been looking through all the forms for an hour now and cannot find it mentioned. clearly didn't decide to stick his head out the office door and ask me instead of sitting around for an hour

so get it sorted and then the cost comes to $255, em, online forms say it is $55, yes but there is processing fee, signature fee etc, total is $255 but online says the payment must be a money order from my work made out to colombian embassy. So how the fuck are we meant to have that if the amount on the site is different than what it actually costs. cue a shrug of the shoulders, thats the way it is.

Takes 2 days to process and my flight back is at 7am on thursday so i have 1 hour and 15 mins as banks shut at 4 to get money order drawn up and then processed. So was in the embassy making calls etc trying to get things sorted and they are helping, then i get sir its 1.30, ye so, I am going for lunch so you have to leave, come back sometime after 3, we can keep working on it then, can i make one more call, no i am going for lunch.

fucking colombia,

Comment

@Davidadams How old are you excactly? Because you behave most of the time around here like a two year old!
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I knew before doing the LC that I needed c. 330 points for the course I wanted to do and got enough to do it. The LC is such a bullshit system, was doing honours maths into 6th year but was starting to struggled with it, dropped to pass which is the equivalent of junior cert higher and knew was guaranteed an A1 in that and 60 pts. Now I know I would have liked to have a go at higher maths but it took way too much time away from other subjects for me to do it at the time.

There is very little incentive in the LC to do as well as you can as all that matters is getting the amount of points necessary for a particular course.
                                    It is lolworthy at times. I was interested in doing maths in trinity, year before was circa 400, did better than that and presumed I was good, shot up to 545 and just missed out. the next year it drops by 100 or so points and my younger cousin gets in. Standard enough until I end up tutoring her when she is in first year and im doing a dgree in a completely different field
                                    Last edited by Trippie; 16-01-12, 19:55.

Comment

well hows everyone? hope ye are keeping well

cliffs on the last 2 weeks?

the BBV title means I am not inclined to read the whole thing (thank god I missed that)

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                        @Davidadams How old are you excactly? Because you behave most of the time around here like a two year old!
                                        From his post Id picture him more as a dirty old man in a trench coat.

Comment

you should have seen me in my teens lol
                                          Can't believe no one else has said it but pics obv required. Late teens tho - just to be clear

Regarding the results... Whatever about over-reacting let's just assume that ratcheting up the pressure and talking about all the bad shit that's going to happen if she does not listen to you will not work and will just create further issues. I think we over-estimate how much we can influence our kids. All we can do is point the way really and try to open doors for them. They have to want to do it though - and they won't do it just cos you want them to....

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                            well hows everyone? hope ye are keeping well

cliffs on the last 2 weeks?

the BBV title means I am not inclined to read the whole thing (thank god I missed that)
                                            Welcome back, just search for C Kids posts for the epic Tebow stuff.

Comment

Prediction game pimpage.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Ive done enough pricking about at this stage to be well able to comment on education.

@ MSN your way overreacting with the youngone. I mean you cant really push someone to get the 500s in the LC they will have to want it. I guess its your job to push them to get a decent result.

@ACE your not making much sense to me with regards the LC comments. Its hugely important. Its easy to get a degree but any of the decent colleges will want the LC. I done an interview a few years back to get into coll of comm but its a load of bollix youd have to be beyond stupid to not get in the interview i done. Im now in WIT as i recognise i need a degree from a real college although the course i done in cork will look good with a real degree.

I actually feel if i done the LC now id get around the 500 + . I mean i dont understand why people dont just picke easy subjects that suit them or are just generally considered easy points. If i had to go back again id do business, economics, accounting,construction, geography, ag science.
                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Would love to go drinking here

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                  http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post

I nearly pissed myself laughing when i read that .
                                                    Goodluck with that approach .

Comment

ok thanks a mill for all the advice, all taken on board Im actually relieved that you all reckon I over reacted .
                                                      I will calm down for this year and maybe she will have matured a bit come next year.

She is a lazy bitch but a good kid, she brings me no trouble ever. Thank God.

Thats what I love about the BBV , you can get advice from all walks of life and ages, its great. TY
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                        I actually feel if i done the LC now id get around the 500 + . I mean i dont understand why people dont just picke easy subjects that suit them or are just generally considered easy points. If i had to go back again id do business, economics, accounting,construction, geography, ag science.

I doubt many schools offer that wide of a range of subjects though, most of the ones I knew did when it LC time for me. If you want certain subjects you'd have to do them after class. Not only that but I think most people would do alot better in the LC if they didn't have to do Irish, Maths, English and another language like most of us had to do originally.

Comment

Feck your Tebow its Grinyer Time

GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

Homerton By loads
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Winnah

his pronunciation of Fianna Fail was worth the price od admission alone

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Feck your Tebow its Grinyer Time

GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

Homerton By loads
                                                              How old is that lad?

Comment

ok thanks a mill for all the advice, all taken on board Im actually relieved that you all reckon I over reacted .
                                                                I will calm down for this year and maybe she will have matured a bit come next year.

She is a lazy bitch but a good kid, she brings me no trouble ever. Thank God.

Thats what I love about the BBV , you can get advice from all walks of life and ages, its great. TY
                                                                Spend a bit of quality shaving time together

Comment

Right, time to go get mangled.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                    Spend a bit of quality shaving time together
                                                                    Behave Damo you have a daughter yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Welcome back, just search for C Kids posts for the epic Tebow stuff.
                                                                      had to laugh at those alright - really sorry to miss the bant Id say it would have been a good laugh. Have to dedicate my profile picture on FB to me pulling the Tebow

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                        ah lads, let's leave how her daughter is getting ridden out of it. wives, sisters, GF's cousins, all open season, kids, not so much.
                                                                        16 almost 17 is not a kid and 16 is legal anyway here in NI

FYI MSN I am 28

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

[ x ] Loves being a snob
                                                                          If no one else had commented on this I was going to make a similar point. No excuse is valid I'm afraid HH.

Comment

I think A_CE has a point to a certain extent in so far that school only suits people that want to follow a particular career path. The problem with it is that it teaches you to think a certain way and so will limit your capacity to think outside the box which is essential in artsy careers such as directing etc.

In saying that its hard for someone so young as a 4th/5th year to have the maturity to know what they want so in the vast majority of cases they should listen to the parents and follow the traditional route.

In hindsight I am thankful my parents pushed me so hard but I really really hated them for it at the time - it went as far as I got a C once and wasnt allowed play football for a month . but yeah prob was for my own good in the end even if I didnt see it then

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              And Sherlock was brilliant last night
                                                                              I've really like Sherlock but am a bit annoyed at the ending of two of the episodes from this series, last night and the one with the hot chick, can't think of her name at the minute.

They are just way too unbelievable, even for TV!

Just had WWW 3 in the kitchen, himself went out the front door and nearly took the hinges off I actually fuckin hate teenagers.

Chanel's school report/results came in (5th year) Leaving cert obv

Irish 40%, English 70%, Maths 59%, French big fat fail , Home EC 50%, Biology 55%, Geography 70% Prep for the world of work 82%(dunno wtf that is) all higher level bar Irish.

The minute she came in I started told her it was a disgrace and she says " what!! Helen and Eimer failed 3 subjects", Of course that just set me off even more. I said to her they are not my kids and they are not going to help you get a career, she says " funny that because when it suits YOU , you compare me to them all the time!

She then says I have to bring her to the book shop to get french exam paper books, I told her GTFO and she says what will I say in school tomorrow, I said Im going to write a note and tell I am not buying them as you have zero interest in school.

I ripped the plug for wifi out of the wall with temper and told to get up to her room away from me as I was going to damage. She thinks im over reacting and the results are not that bad.??

What kills me is I handed over 240 euro last friday to friend who booked Lanzarote for the summer for his daughters 18 birthday party. Chanels first hol away with friends, I cant afford a fucking hol for myself this year GRRR

Am I over reacting?

Rant over!
                                                                              Yeah, as others have said, I reckon you did over react a bit, if she is 16 about to turn 17, she is old enough for you to sit down and have a proper talk to her without shouting and roaring at her and ripping things out of walls.

I remember about 6 years ago, my niece failed most of her junior cert mocks and my sister had a similar reaction to you. I could see straight away that all she was doing was making my niece become stubborn that she was going to do nothing so I said I'd step in

I made a deal with my niece, €60 for an A, €50 for a B, €40 for a C and nothing for a D or below, bitch cleaned me out for €500 plus

Didn't mind paying it over though as was delighted she did well!

Comment

SP you bbv'd Homerton right there

Comment

anyone in recruitment/HR? Could do with some eyes on a CV, havent done one of these things since 2005
                                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                    anyone in recruitment/HR? Could do with some eyes on a CV, havent done one of these things since 2005
                                                                                    RichieM be the main dude.
                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                      RichieM is your man there.

Comment

Aye bounce over your draft and I will look it iver tomorrow. rmurray@peerexecutive.com

Comment

I wasn't sure weather to post this or not but sure ill give it a spin as im getting a bit desperate for advice. Its a long story.....

On saturday night just gone, i was out having a few pints in the merry ploughboy, a good bit away from my house, and i get a phone call from my mum saying that a "rough" looking guy knocked to the door asking for me, very aggressive, saying i owed him money, €120. I could tell she was terrified on the phone but i had no way of getting home quickly so i basically got as much details off her about him, told her i didint owe anybody money and to ring the guards if he persisted. I was told he was pacing up and down banging his fist of my mums car, shouting every word, saying he would be back.

I get home later that night and got a full account of what happened. She said the guy would only give his first name, after asking him many times, and that i didint actually owe him the money but it was his brother i owed the money too, he said the dept was from 6 months ago.

I had to start piecing this all together. I guy i used to know briefly but fell out with over a disagreement (trivial stuff) had claimed i owed him €100ish when we fell out, he attributed this to petrol money, buying me a pint or two, taxi fair ect. This is not what we fell out over and i cant emphasise enough that i actually dont owe him any money, i had bought him pints ect too and even given him a cash loan of €50 at one stage which i never looked for back and when he said i owed him that money it was in the heat of an arguement, which i almost completely ignored. This all took place about a 18months ago and it was left at that. Or so i thought.

Now to fast foward to the lad knocking at my door on sat, the brother who i dont know. This apparently is his step brother, and from making phone calls to my mates i found out he is a nasty piece of work with a criminal record by all accounts. I decided to go down to the guards with my dad and report the incident the following morning. My dad gave the whole account of the incident but was a bit flustered so i interjected a few times to help him recall the sequence of events as i was told them last night. The Ban garda didn't like this at all, maybe she tought i was trying to put words in his mouth. She didn't seem to grasp how serious this all seemed to us, she even said to me at one stage, "He hasn't broke the law, he didn't threaten anyone directly, i know you might be intimidated but if i owed someone €120 and they were bothering me id pay it". My jaw dropped, i had went through how i didn't owe this money for ages and it seemed like she was almost taking his side. I told the guards where he lived and they said they would drop around and have a word, fair enough i thought.

Later that day, yesterday evening, a car screeches to a stop at the top of my driveway and two lads bustle out and shape down my driveway. I went to make for the front door, i was livid already, but my mum stopped my and said she would ring the guards and wait it out. They starting knocking the door and then after a min or two shouting through the letter box, "kenny i know your in there" and so on. They preceeded to kick the door, bang on the front window and other commotion i couldn't make out from standing in the kitchen...restraining myself...waiting for the guards. All the time my 12 year brother was terrified. The guards arrive, noise stops and we look out to see some chit chat, one guard stays out with them one comes in to me and we go through the hole thing.

I tell the guard i dont know this guy, i reckon i know his brother and that i actually dont owe any money. I say to the guard "Im not being cheeky but if you let me talk to this guy infront of you or if you ask him a few questions about the money, i bet i can pick holes in his story and prove this is all bullshit". Guard says he'll have a word, comes back in to me after and say "He said he his brother gave you €135 in Mcgowans night club 6 months ago and he needs it back". Bingo!!! Mcgowans night club has been closed down for 2 years. Guards were not as excited about this disparity, they basically just wanted to move the lads on. You'll also notice the amount of money keeps going up.

The guards let them leave with a verbal warning, if they set foot on the property again, their nicked. Everyone leaves. We walk out the front to see front tyres of my mums car are slashed, badly. Call the guards back obviously. When they come back out they ask if we seen them slash the tyres, we say technically no (big mistake) but it was obv them. The guards say that without proof there is nothing to they can do but keep an eye on the situation. We then tell the guards that this is looking very serious ect as they must of had a knife when they were at the door but get back "we cant stick it on them though, we'll ask them about it".

Twice today the house phone has rang, i answer. Both times i say "hello", voice says "who's this", i say "you rang me who is this" and then the they hang up. Second phone call was on loud speaker and my mum said it was the voice of the guy at the door. They left their number on and i took it down! Rang the guards and to try pass it on and they said to ring back tomorrow at 6am when the guards from last night are back on their shift. As i was writing this post up there was a knock at the door with no one there when my dad answered. Maybe coincidence.

All i know about this guy at the moment is his name and the area he lives in which the guards told me, and that he is indeed the step brother of the guy i fell out with 18months ago. I dont have the guy i fell out withs number and i cant seem to get it off anyone. Im going to pay for two tyres €500 ish and doubt ill get any of that back (not letting my mum pay). Not sure what to expect in the next few days.

I assure you that every detail iv given is 100% correct, no exaggeration on what guards said or anything like that. Im not going to go looking for people with a bat or anything like that so i dont want them kind of suggestions but i was just wondering, Do you think i could/should be getting more help from the guards? What would you do at this stage?

Comment

Leaving cert is flawed but it is the reality of what is there and will be for at least two more years.
                                                                                            Not going to make any comment on the particular row except that its cliche ridden and not going to get either of ye anywhere.
                                                                                            I'd disagree with Hitch and many others here, sure you can make up a lot of ground next year but its the middle of 5th year and there are just three terms left. By now you, she and her teachers should have a pretty clear idea of what she wants to get out of the exam. If you do then you should have a well worked out plan for where the points are going to come from. if not you really need to get working ou it now. Without goals and a solid plan for how to achieve it you will just end up having more rows because no one knows whats going on. You do need to negotiate times spen studying and trade offs with facebook etc.
                                                                                            The LC is full of tricks trick but it is very fair it is biased to reward those who work hard ahead of those are smart and lazy.

Comment

have €200 on stars, need boyles..will take €185 for it if its done soon(ish)

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                                                                                                I wasn't sure weather to post this or not but sure ill give it a spin as im getting a bit desperate for advice. Its a long story.....

On saturday night just gone, i was out having a few pints in the merry ploughboy, a good bit away from my house, and i get a phone call from my mum saying that a "rough" looking guy knocked to the door asking for me, very aggressive, saying i owed him money, €120. I could tell she was terrified on the phone but i had no way of getting home quickly so i basically got as much details off her about him, told her i didint owe anybody money and to ring the guards if he persisted. I was told he was pacing up and down banging his fist of my mums car, shouting every word, saying he would be back.

I get home later that night and got a full account of what happened. She said the guy would only give his first name, after asking him many times, and that i didint actually owe him the money but it was his brother i owed the money too, he said the dept was from 6 months ago.

I had to start piecing this all together. I guy i used to know briefly but fell out with over a disagreement (trivial stuff) had claimed i owed him €100ish when we fell out, he attributed this to petrol money, buying me a pint or two, taxi fair ect. This is not what we fell out over and i cant emphasise enough that i actually dont owe him any money, i had bought him pints ect too and even given him a cash loan of €50 at one stage which i never looked for back and when he said i owed him that money it was in the heat of an arguement, which i almost completely ignored. This all took place about a 18months ago and it was left at that. Or so i thought.

Now to fast foward to the lad knocking at my door on sat, the brother who i dont know. This apparently is his step brother, and from making phone calls to my mates i found out he is a nasty piece of work with a criminal record by all accounts. I decided to go down to the guards with my dad and report the incident the following morning. My dad gave the whole account of the incident but was a bit flustered so i interjected a few times to help him recall the sequence of events as i was told them last night. The Ban garda didn't like this at all, maybe she tought i was trying to put words in his mouth. She didn't seem to grasp how serious this all seemed to us, she even said to me at one stage, "He hasn't broke the law, he didn't threaten anyone directly, i know you might be intimidated but if i owed someone €120 and they were bothering me id pay it". My jaw dropped, i had went through how i didn't owe this money for ages and it seemed like she was almost taking his side. I told the guards where he lived and they said they would drop around and have a word, fair enough i thought.

Later that day, yesterday evening, a car screeches to a stop at the top of my driveway and two lads bustle out and shape down my driveway. I went to make for the front door, i was livid already, but my mum stopped my and said she would ring the guards and wait it out. They starting knocking the door and then after a min or two shouting through the letter box, "kenny i know your in there" and so on. They preceeded to kick the door, bang on the front window and other commotion i couldn't make out from standing in the kitchen...restraining myself...waiting for the guards. All the time my 12 year brother was terrified. The guards arrive, noise stops and we look out to see some chit chat, one guard stays out with them one comes in to me and we go through the hole thing.

I tell the guard i dont know this guy, i reckon i know his brother and that i actually dont owe any money. I say to the guard "Im not being cheeky but if you let me talk to this guy infront of you or if you ask him a few questions about the money, i bet i can pick holes in his story and prove this is all bullshit". Guard says he'll have a word, comes back in to me after and say "He said he his brother gave you €135 in Mcgowans night club 6 months ago and he needs it back". Bingo!!! Mcgowans night club has been closed down for 2 years. Guards were not as excited about this disparity, they basically just wanted to move the lads on. You'll also notice the amount of money keeps going up.

The guards let them leave with a verbal warning, if they set foot on the property again, their nicked. Everyone leaves. We walk out the front to see front tyres of my mums car are slashed, badly. Call the guards back obviously. When they come back out they ask if we seen them slash the tyres, we say technically no (big mistake) but it was obv them. The guards say that without proof there is nothing to they can do but keep an eye on the situation. We then tell the guards that this is looking very serious ect as they must of had a knife when they were at the door but get back "we cant stick it on them though, we'll ask them about it".

Twice today the house phone has rang, i answer. Both times i say "hello", voice says "who's this", i say "you rang me who is this" and then the they hang up. Second phone call was on loud speaker and my mum said it was the voice of the guy at the door. They left their number on and i took it down! Rang the guards and to try pass it on and they said to ring back tomorrow at 6am when the guards from last night are back on their shift. As i was writing this post up there was a knock at the door with no one there when my dad answered. Maybe coincidence.

All i know about this guy at the moment is his name and the area he lives in which the guards told me, and that he is indeed the step brother of the guy i fell out with 18months ago. I dont have the guy i fell out withs number and i cant seem to get it off anyone. Im going to pay for two tyres €500 ish and doubt ill get any of that back (not letting my mum pay). Not sure what to expect in the next few days.

I assure you that every detail iv given is 100% correct, no exaggeration on what guards said or anything like that. Im not going to go looking for people with a bat or anything like that so i dont want them kind of suggestions but i was just wondering, Do you think i could/should be getting more help from the guards? What would you do at this stage?
                                                                                                For the sake of 100 quid I would pay it.

Comment

SP you bbv'd Homerton right there

Could stop a train at the moment , nice to use some of it up on free stuff like that.

Bah! as I type AA < QT ai on a T hi flop

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                                                    Blackmailers ask for something small and if you give an inch next time it will be 200 then 400 i know what id do but id be called full of shyte and a headcase

it seems with regards to the police that they will do something if something serious happens in ways there hands are tied till something accountable and witnessed happens

Comment

calling the garda ombudsman an option?

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                                                        Id rather set fire to a €100 note in front of them

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                          Sure someone has to do the washing etc

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                            Found a few pictures of the place on the phone if anyone cares to see, pub brings the funk IMO:

Images are on the large side, apologies.
                                                                                                            What part of kerry is the pub in and whats the name of it... looks cool tbh
                                                                                                            Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                              On this i signed up to Netflix at the weekend to try it out (1 month free trial) site is easy to use with a good search function, disappointed with the selection of movies on it, although it is much more than what you see on the main page.

The Stream works well had no buffing issues and the quailty was perfect, does anyone know what the story is with what films they have on it, ex i went to look for the scream movies and only found one.... went to look for a half dozen different films and didnt have any ( no die hard ) do they only have deals with certain studio's, plus what lenght of time do you have to wait for a new release? is it the same time as a when the movie comes out on DVD?????

Also they have a good few TV series (ex Chappelle Show, south park etc) and it's all really well laid out etc

Thanks
                                                                                                              I'd imagine they'll only get stuff a while after the DVD releases, though I'm not sure about that. From boards:

Currently BBC, Miramax, Lionsgate and MGM content is in place but Sony, Disney, paramount, Channel 4 and ITV are expected to be added soon as agreements to streaming rights are made. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056509234

For €7 a month I still think it's an excellent service. Watching a good bit of old Top Gear at the moment, and plenty of other shows I'd never be arsed to buy, and a lot less hassle than downloading them.
                                                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                calling the garda ombudsman an option?
                                                                                                                iv though about, will prob do it tomorrow but im not even sure if i have a valid case

Comment

lol @ Dzeko

Comment

Some run by Aguero at the same time.

Comment

Also all this crap about that kids are adults at 16 and 17 is a load of bollocks.

Sure they are young adults and have rights but they are students and the parents are paying dear for their education.
                                                                                                                      Its not 'Nam there are rules. My rules are you are studying I pay for everything, you aren't then you are paying for everything, light, heat broadband TV etc. ad nauseam.
                                                                                                                      Once they are very clear about what life on the dole with no prospects is like they are a bit more inclined to focus on study.

Comment

You could get a CCTV camera for front door for less than 100 euro, hook it up to your TV. Can get a model that records to an SD card, plenty of footage to store there as proof.
                                                                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

[ x ] Loves being a snob
                                                                                                                          Have to say, that sentence did remind me of Derek Zoolander's school for kids who can't read good.

Ok, Just read further... Someone already said it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X