This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    You were never going to be waiting long once I'd decided I needed to go to bed
    Lol..I was giving old man Kakak1 abuse for falling asleep on the fold button and he needed a nap like you too! Was the J10 standard do you think?
    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

I still think the Laptop is in a different place from the phone /tablet and will be for a good while yet.
      On the Laptop while sitting at home I'd would usually have a load of things going at the same time, loads of web pages, one or two poker tables and various Words with friends games, chats, google hangouts, music etc.
      On the road or out and about I'm happier with the limited multitasking of the iPad or the phone.
      The iPad is fairly handy but I find very little specific use for it, mostly it seems to be just a big screen version of the phone and one that I can do far less stuff on. Not being able to move files around and not being able to stream from the web the whole Apple experience is a dealbreaker for me. I just completely fail to see any advantage to renting a box that is owned by Apple over having your own device.

I'd guess that the way things are going I'm quite likely to end up with something around the size of the 7 inch Galaxy Tablet as a portable device that happens to make phone calls rather than using both.
      Though having said that my prediction for tablets is that they are going to become so common and so cheap that you will have different ones in different places tuned for different puropses. One in the car, one stuck to the fridge for shopping lists, to do lists clock and calendar etc. One in the Bedroom for Alarm, radio, streaming and one in the Jacks obv for ...well whatever turns you on
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
        Lol..I was giving old man Kakak1 abuse for falling asleep on the fold button and he needed a nap like you too! Was the J10 standard do you think?
        Absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          Good idea Rory

I imagine cause this thread gets more traffic it all ends up in here. Such are the joys (or otherwise of the BBV)

TEEEEEEEEEEEBOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW
          Tebow on your fone?

Surely not?
          This game is awesome, takes a little getting used ot.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
            Think it was Men in Black, who knew the Fresh Prince of Bel Air would ever pop up in a discussion about the nature of reality?
            and could well be accurate
            For decades, scientists have believed there to be a fairly well-defined boundary at the edges of our solar system, a region where the sun appears only slightly brighter than the rest of the spangled heavens. But as they sail through the blackness, humanity's most-traveled spacecraft, the Voyager probes, have learned the lines are anything but clear. The edge of the solar system may not be a smooth edge at all, but a turbulent moat of roiling magnetic bubbles.
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
              Hey,

I got one of these for Christamas..... http://www.yarvik.com/en/products/ta...lets_8/TAB310/ Its a Yarvik Tablet. Are they any good?

As a very non techy person I would like some advice on how to use this. Can I set up an Android account for getting Apps? How do I do this?

There seems to be something called NetJar for getting apps installed on it but it doesnt look that good.

Ive seen people watching films and TV on tablets while playing poker, id love to be able to do this. Is it easy to stick a DVD I already have on it or do I need to Download and if so where can I do that?! I really am a bit of an idiot when it comes to this stuff.

Any help much appreciated.....
              You should be able to just stick a usb lead in and copy files from your computer to the tablet and then play them on the default player that comes with it. If the formats aren't supported you will find loads of good players that play Anything available from getJar. I remember MSN recommending one in the Android thread the other day.

Comment

Looking forward to a child free weekend, himself is heading up to Derry to see his mam for the weekend and taking Mia.

So for me a weekend of spring cleaning, cant wait ( sad really) spent a fortune on cleaning products yesterday.

When all that is done I am gonna watch the series The Inbetweeners for the first time and then play online all night. And stay in bed all day tomorrow and do the same tomorrow night.

OOh cant wait.
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                  Quote on front cover of Banksy book:

SPOILER
                  cliffs on the book, whats it about??

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    Tebow on your fone?

Surely not?
                    This game is awesome, takes a little getting used ot.

is the game about throwing the ball like a wally???

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                      RE: The big bang theory...

Basically, what happened was..
                      Our whole universe was in a hot dense state,
                      Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait...
                      The Earth began to cool,
                      The autotrophs began to drool,
                      Neanderthals developed tools,
                      We built a wall (we built the pyramids),
                      Math, science, history, unraveling the mysteries,
                      That all started with the big bang!

"Since the dawn of man" is really not that long,
                      As every galaxy was formed in less time than it takes to sing this song.
                      A fraction of a second and the elements were made.
                      The bipeds stood up straight,
                      The dinosaurs all met their fate,
                      They tried to leap but they were late
                      And they all died (they froze their asses off)
                      The oceans and pangea
                      See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya
                      Set in motion by the same big bang!

It all started with the big BANG!

It's expanding ever outward but one day
                      It will cause the stars to go the other way,
                      Collapsing ever inward, we won't be here, it wont be hurt
                      Our best and brightest figure that it'll make an even bigger bang!

Australopithecus would really have been sick of us
                      Debating out while here they're catching deer (we're catching viruses)
                      Religion or astronomy, Encarta, Deuteronomy
                      It all started with the big bang!

Music and mythology, Einstein and astrology
                      It all started with the big bang!
                      It all started with the big BANG!
                      Any show that has a laugh track is for morons

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                        Just came across this little video, pretty interesting.

* If its not a fake

** Some slight goryness in the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y5H9Sasq5U&sns=fb
                        This is a little odd, don't know whether it's the slightly inappropriate background music or the plain white background where the doctor demonstrates his skin cell gun but it just leaves me skeptical.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

I still think the Laptop is in a different place from the phone /tablet and will be for a good while yet.
                          On the Laptop while sitting at home I'd would usually have a load of things going at the same time, loads of web pages, one or two poker tables and various Words with friends games, chats, google hangouts, music etc.
                          On the road or out and about I'm happier with the limited multitasking of the iPad or the phone.
                          The iPad is fairly handy but I find very little specific use for it, mostly it seems to be just a big screen version of the phone and one that I can do far less stuff on. Not being able to move files around and not being able to stream from the web the whole Apple experience is a dealbreaker for me. I just completely fail to see any advantage to renting a box that is owned by Apple over having your own device.

I'd guess that the way things are going I'm quite likely to end up with something around the size of the 7 inch Galaxy Tablet as a portable device that happens to make phone calls rather than using both.
                          Though having said that my prediction for tablets is that they are going to become so common and so cheap that you will have different ones in different places tuned for different puropses. One in the car, one stuck to the fridge for shopping lists, to do lists clock and calendar etc. One in the Bedroom for Alarm, radio, streaming and one in the Jacks obv for ...well whatever turns you on
                          I challenge you to a duel

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                            cliffs on the book, whats it about??
                            Banksy is a famous graffiti artist in London. Little is known for definite about who he is.
                            AFAIK the book is a collection of his works.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              Any show that has a laugh track is for morons
                              Crazy talk. Any remark that disparages Ted by association is moronic!

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                From my first scan I cant get

C,I,J,O,R,U,Y

SPOILER
                                O' brother where Art Thou

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  I challenge you to a duel
                                  Are we friend face thingummys?
                                  Do we need to de?

Lets roll...

Comment

Both The Big Bang Theory and Ted were filmed in front of a live audience.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                        From my first scan I cant get

C,I,J,O,R,U,Y

SPOILER

SPOILER

C Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
                                        I Illusionist
                                        J Juno
                                        O?
                                        R Road to Perdition
                                        Uunbreakable
                                        Y?

Comment

Are we friend face thingummys?
                                          Do we need to de?

Lets roll...
                                          It would be hard to price up this duel. A wet behind the ears just out of college kid in Emmet who will obv be sharp in the mind or the oldest person ive ever met in Strewel who's superior experience and knowledge you get with age being offset by the slowing of the mind and impending Alzheimer's.

I'm gonna say 1/2 SP, 6/4 Emmet

Comment

It's filmed before a live studio audience moran
                                            there is a lot added in post.
                                            and it's still shit
                                            Last edited by DeadParrot; 13-01-12, 12:26.

Comment

anyone for a facebook scrabble crushing defeat?
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post
                                                It would be hard to price up this duel. A wet behind the ears just out of college kid in Emmet who will obv be sharp in the mind or the oldest person ive ever met in Strewel who's superior experience and knowledge you get with age being offset by the slowing of the mind and impending Alzheimer's.

4 bags of skittles on Emmet please.

Comment

2 icebergers on Grandfather Time.

Comment

Y is a great one:

SPOILER
                                                    Y Tu Mama Tambien?
                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuCZnGJZloo

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                        anyone for a facebook scrabble crushing defeat?
                                                        befriend me and I'll whuup you too

Comment

One for the IT crowd - messing about with free trials of Xara & Dreamweaver and I'm able to check how it looks on various browsers through a URL that appears to correspond to where the files are saved. Any way I can put these on a test URL that everyone in the office can look at? They're saved in my H drive - would putting them in the shared drive make the URL work for everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                            Y is a great one:

SPOILER
                                                            Y Tu Mama Tambien?
                                                            Quality film and riding scenes

Fuck I've had a few epic defeats and wins in facebook scrabble

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                              Both The Big Bang Theory and Ted were filmed in front of a live audience.
                                                              It read that as TED and not Ted.

Comment

would do, but just checked and can';t get scrabble loaded.

Is there a words with friends app for android?

Comment

Anyone who signed up to the Irish Netflix through the Xbox360 that wants access to the US library click here and follow the instructions, super-simple.

Possibly works on other platforms as well.

Comment

Me too.......

Pony104 someone create a game!

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                      One for the IT crowd - messing about with free trials of Xara & Dreamweaver and I'm able to check how it looks on various browsers through a URL that appears to correspond to where the files are saved. Any way I can put these on a test URL that everyone in the office can look at? They're saved in my H drive - would putting them in the shared drive make the URL work for everyone?

Any idea off the top of your head Zod?

Comment

All the talk of VHS and DVDs reminds of many years ago when I grew up in Tipp, I was around 15/16 ish and the highlight of my week was waiting for the Video van to call which was every Friday. I could not wait.

I used to hang out the bedroom window from 6pm so I could be first to get into the tiny van. The first thing out of my mouth was "Hi John any news ones this week ?" as in copies.

"yup he would say have loads this week, have you seen 16 candles, st elmos fire" these were my favorite films ( the brat pack as they were called back in the day, who were a bunch of actors including Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy, Demi Moore, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald,.

The price of the films was 7 videos for a fiver for the week. ah fond memories
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Yep that's what its called and its great craic.

Get it and start a game.

Comment

Yea thats what I use, don't know if you can sign in via accounts other than facebore

Comment

Any idea off the top of your head Zod?
                                                                              save it onto the shared drive, and make sure any files that supply content are located in the same location, they should be able to view it through a browser.

Comment

i give up.
                                                                                Can't get scrabble loaded, can't install words with friends as it says my phone isn't compatible.

bleh.

Comment

just booked hotel

now to win ticket

Comment

Comment

right, got facebook words with friends working.

pm me your name and I'll defeat you.

Comment

Why do you want this job? Is money reason enough...

Comment

save it onto the shared drive, and make sure any files that supply content are located in the same location, they should be able to view it through a browser.
                                                                                          Didn't work unforuntately. I moved all the files over and ensured the .web pages were saved in shared drive but still users the same URL - file:///C:/Users/myname/AppData/Local/Temp/XAR30708/index.htm

Is there programs available online where you can test HTML code?

Comment

Didn't work unforuntately. I moved all the files over and ensured the .web pages were saved in shared drive but still users the same URL - file:///C:/Users/myname/AppData/Local/Temp/XAR30708/index.htm

Is there programs available online where you can test HTML code?
                                                                                            how large is the file? can you not just mail it to someone to test?

Comment

Got a new series to watch after seeing a few posts on the BBV

Sherlock... I like it this is this shown on BBC???

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                Got a new series to watch after seeing a few posts on the BBV

Sherlock... I like it this is this shown on BBC???
                                                                                                Yeah, 3 90 min eps in 1st series, been 2 so far is Series 2

Comment

how large is the file? can you not just mail it to someone to test?
                                                                                                  Around 3000KB with the all the files. Could do that but they'd need Xara too then? I'll just do the less lazy thing and get my superior to come over for a look

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post

the mortgage on Strewelly please

Comment

Re : the 'big bang'. I was reading a nice interview of Laurance Krauss about his new book ' A Universe from Nothing'. He contends that 'nothing' is inherently unstable and 'something' happens almost inevitably.

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                        As you're asking, I presume there was damage done andyou got both reg plates? Decent thing to do would be to report it obv.

Horrible attitude.
                                                                                                        Yea your man seemed like a right prick just speeding off, so ye took the reg. Also noticed a massive bump on my car one morning after parking it down the town overnight, so yeah FUCK him!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          Banksy is a famous graffiti artist in London. Little is known for definite about who he is.
                                                                                                          AFAIK the book is a collection of his works.

http://www.google.ie/search?tbm=isch...87l499l1.3l4l0
                                                                                                          Just done a search on this myself and came across his website

love this from the FAQ

Is Banksy just a big brand these days? Do you even paint your own pictures?
                                                                                                          It’s not supposed to be a brand, which is why people in advertising think it’s such a good one. I paint it all myself unless its illegal, in which case I’ve never seen any of it before, your honour.

Comment

I see Darron Gibson has moved on to the Toffees for peanuts. About 18 months after he should really have left anyway. I wonder how much Everton pay compared to what Sunderland offered at the start of the season?

I wonder how much game time he'll have in a midfield that already has when fully fit: Rodwell, Cahill, Fellaini, Osman, Drenthe, Coleman, Bilyaletdinov and Donovan (for the moment) ?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                              Yeah, 3 90 min eps in 1st series, been 2 so far is Series 2

Just serach on my sky app and see a new esp on Sunday (only three esp per season )

also when i was searching found Sherlock homes and The hound of the Baskerville... here's hoping it's the oringal!! Great movie!! tonight on Movies 4 men 325

Comment

In fairness she's not bad looking and would be the right height for something

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Genius and innovative begging concept

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

yes and no.
                                                                                                                      your url would be \\file:\\drive\myfolder\mywebpage\index.html (or whatever your landing page is)

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                        Anyone who signed up to the Irish Netflix through the Xbox360 that wants access to the US library click here and follow the instructions, super-simple.

Possibly works on other platforms as well.
                                                                                                                        blocked here, any chance of a copypasta.
                                                                                                                        I'm assuming it's just US account for PS3/xbox?

Comment

A bit of perspective needed! million he transferred for. I transferred to my current job for free.
                                                                                                                          You must be brutal.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X