This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
    I expect the US remake of Dragon Tattoo to be quite good, wasnt a huge fan of the original. Mission Impossible 12, GTFO!
    It's promising that despite being a US production they've continued with the Swedish setting.

Was fairly sure that Sweden would become New Hampshire, the island would become some Gatsby-esque retreat off the east coast, and the Venger family would become a political dynasty strikingly similar to the Kennedys.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      It's promising that despite being a US production they've continued with the Swedish setting.

Was fairly sure that Sweden would become New Hampshire, the island would become some Gatsby-esque retreat off the east coast, and the Venger family would become a political dynasty strikingly similar to the Kennedys.
      Didn't realise it was still set in Sweden, that's good. Watched the 1st film after reading the 1st 2 books in the series and felt the film was a bit rushed and lacking a bit from those. Starting to read the 3rd book and it was so bad I gave up after about 100 pages so will be surprised at the end of the trilogy anyway

Comment

I enjoyed reading all those books.

Comment

Jenkins had his Weetabix this morning

Comment

If anyone can email me this paper please hit me up with a pm.

Is Bowen theory valid? A review of basic research.
            Miller RB, Anderson S, Keala DK.
            Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
            Volume 30, Issue 4, pages 453–466, October 2004

Cheers.

Comment

Girl with the dragon tattoo

SPOILER
              That rape/abuse scene or whatever it was in the original film kinda put me off the movie.Am I a wuss? I turned it off at that point.
              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                yeah thats cool - something happened at work tonight (dont want to say what exactly just in case) but lets just say it involved some not so nice girls, money stolen from regs and I have stiletto slashes on my face - of course I never raised my hand it just got me wondering what is a lad supposed to do when faced with that situation. A girl pretty much has a free reign
                its at times like this you miss those big heavy glass ashtrays that adorned the centre of every table, nothing better than a slap of one of those babies across the puss to put an end to this type of carry on
                damn smoking ban

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                  Aw that was good of you to do all that for her, and believe me after getting into dontown she will not budge for the day
                  mehh
                  it will be her turn to fuck off out with the chainsaw in a few weeks time.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                    random Q - is it ever ok to hit a girl? under any circumstances that you might encounter in everyday life?
                    Originally posted by oleras View Post
                    Some randomer girl starts hitting you in the street, psycho bitch....do your best best to push her off, if its her or you and you have to hit, work away imo.
                    Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                    Ya i reckon it should be personally i wouldnt have it in me but there is plenty of girls who deserve a whack.
                    Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                    BK - if a woman is swinging a stiletto heel at you, you're perfectly entitled to stop her with whatever force you deem necessary at the time.
                    Call me old fashioned, but you don't hit a girl. Without being sexist, in 99% of situations men should be able to fend off a female without resorting to hitting her. A girl swinging a stiletto isn't one of the situations where you need to hit a woman. Seeing a bloke punch a women in the face is such a wankerish thing to do, whatever the reason.

Comment

I wouldn't punch but a well timed bitch slap should shut them up, Charlie Murphy style.

DARKNESSYoutube took this down for a while, not sure why it's back up. Enjoy everybodyhttps://www.facebook.com/joey.newland.1?ref=tn_tnmn
                      Last edited by RasTa; 27-12-11, 14:16.
                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                        SPOILER
                        I think it was important to show the total failure of the system to fulfil its obligations to look after her as an orphan.
                        If it helps she quickly reverses the situation with her 'guardian' in the days following the rape.
                        Though the repurcussions of what happened continue to be a driving force of the story into the third book, so it couldn't really be underplayed in the first film.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post

SPOILER
                          That rape/abuse scene or whatever it was in the original film kinda put me off the movie.Am I a wuss? I turned it off at that point.
                          Yeah you are a bit exactly as played out in the book too, will see how the US version handles it

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            Call me old fashioned, but you don't hit a girl. Without being sexist, in 99% of situations men should be able to fend off a female without resorting to hitting her. A girl swinging a stiletto isn't one of the situations where you need to hit a woman. Seeing a bloke punch a women in the face is such a wankerish thing to do, whatever the reason.
                            If I need to punch a woman in the face because she is swinging the pointy end of a stiletto at me, then I'm certainly going to do it. I'd try to stop her without resorting to it, but if a thump to the face is what stops her, I'd do it in those circumstances and not feel bad about it as it would be merited in this case.

Obviously it's never come close to that ever, and hope it never does, but I wouldn't take it without defending myself, and if using force was the only way, then so be it.

Comment

If she comes at you with a bottle tho...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                I enjoyed reading all those books.
                                Really? I thought they were overly long, too descriptive and laden with unnecessary sex scenes which added nothing to the plot.

Comment

You're lucky enough not to have known any genuinely violent women then, Tony. A stiletto could do permanent damage, and it's all very well saying you could grab her arm or hold her off, but you don't know what the situation was and whether it was possible to restrain her without hurting her. I agree that the least violent option should be taken where possible, but if a punch in the face is what it takes then that's what it takes. Some women think they can get away with anything by virtue of having a pair of tits. I've seen it happen and it's not pretty.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                    If anyone can email me this paper please hit me up with a pm.

Is Bowen theory valid? A review of basic research.
                                    Miller RB, Anderson S, Keala DK.
                                    Journal of Marital and Family Therapy
                                    Volume 30, Issue 4, pages 453–466, October 2004

Cheers.
                                    Sent yo. Used your yahoo I used before, let me know if you need it to a different address.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      Sent yo. Used your yahoo I used before, let me know if you need it to a different address.
                                      Ah you just bet me to it,was it about to send it aswell.

Comment

You're lucky enough not to have known any genuinely violent women then, Tony. A stiletto could do permanent damage, and it's all very well saying you could grab her arm or hold her off, but you don't know what the situation was and whether it was possible to restrain her without hurting her. I agree that the least violent option should be taken where possible, but if a punch in the face is what it takes then that's what it takes. Some women think they can get away with anything by virtue of having a pair of tits. I've seen it happen and it's not pretty.
                                        I dont agree for the simple reason that a punch in the face will escalate the situation rather than finish it. Punching in this case is the least desirable option.

Comment

Poor Glen Cambell is suffering bad with Alzheimer's, he's been getting cards and letters from people he don't even know.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                            I dont agree for the simple reason that a punch in the face will escalate the situation rather than finish it. Punching in this case is the least desirable option.
                                            If you're suggesting a baseball bat then you're way out of line.

Comment

Depends how big her boyfriend is.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I dont agree for the simple reason that a punch in the face will escalate the situation rather than finish it.
                                                I couldn't agree more,,,,, kidney punches is where its at.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  Poor Glen Cambell is suffering bad with Alzheimer's, he's been getting cards and letters from people he don't even know.
                                                  How many Alzheimers patients does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

SPOILER
                                                  To get to the other side

Comment

I need to go home and watch In Bruge. Such an awesome film.

Comment

I hit a girl and I liked it

SPOILER

Comment

Saw a guy absolutely stitch a girl a headbutt in the face there on the 23rd outside a nightclub. There were hundreds of people around, not sure what happened after as i left to get food but it was pretty horrible.
                                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Nice from Yossi, always find he's underused at the clubs he's been at in recent years, particularly if it's Arshavin been subbed on before him.

Surprised Wenger is playing Van Persie so frequently, he's overdue an injury.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

If I need to punch a woman in the face because she is swinging the pointy end of a stiletto at me, then I'm certainly going to do it. I'd try to stop her without resorting to it, but if a thump to the face is what stops her, I'd do it in those circumstances and not feel bad about it as it would be merited in this case.

Obviously it's never come close to that ever, and hope it never does, but I wouldn't take it without defending myself, and if using force was the only way, then so be it.
                                                            I lived in Ballymun for 32 years. I've seen all manner of things upstairs in the Towers and Penthouse and in The Castle in Finglas. I've seen people fighting off shoe/handbag/glass/fire extinguishing wielding females and i've never seen a woman getting the upper hand. I've seen blokes punch a woman in the face at the first sign of trouble when there's no need to, and i've seen others take a few slaps and not hit back. Each to their own i suppose, and if that's how people feel then so be it, but it's not me tbh

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                              Nice from Yossi, always find he's underused at the clubs he's been at in recent years, particularly if it's Arshavin been subbed on before him.

Surprised Wenger is playing Van Persie so frequently, he's overdue an injury.
                                                              Wenger said he's not going to stop Van Persie breaking going for the record so he's in for these 2 games at least. We can't afford to rest him either. He's on fire, and it's the main reason Arsenal are flying high. There's African Nations coming up in the end of Jan, so even more reason why we can't drop him. It's a no win situation for all. I really think we'll take Henry on loan for 2 months if his club allow him to come, especially if we can't find someone suitable in the January window.

Comment

Any links for the Arsenal game btw?

Comment

Any links for the Arsenal game btw?
                                                                  http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/9...wanderers.html

Yeah but thought today was a good day to rest him while the African lads are still there, home to Wolves afterall. Fuck the records, won't be much consolation if he's in a heap come February.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

wife comes running down to me there about 20mins ago asking if i had any money on PP, i inform her that the a/c is busto but that i had €18 in my boyles poker a/c and that i could transfer that to boyles sports. so she says do it and lump it EW. on no.7 in the 3:05 @ 14/1. so i anounce my dissaproval at this given that she has no real idea of horses and the whole hunch based on the fact that she "thought he looked good" eventually i persuaded her that we only spend €6 on the bet. so i headed to the living room with her to watch our charge romp home. fucking cunt is still running, anyhow paul carberry's mount breezes home to which my wife retorts "yeah paul carberry i knew he would win that all right".

WTF
                                                                    Last edited by Angry-Ball; 27-12-11, 15:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                      wife comes running down to me there about 20mins ago asking if i had any money on PP, i inform her that the a/c is busto but that i had €18 in my boyles poker a/c and that i could transfer that to boyles sports. so she says do it and lump it EW. on no.7 in the 3:05 @ 14/1. so i anounce my dissaproval at this given that she has no real idea of horses and the whole hunch based on the fact that she "thought he looked good" eventually i persuaded her that we only spend €6 on the bet. so i headed to the living room with her to watch our charge romp home. fucking cunt is still running, anyhow paul carberry's mount breezes home to which my wife retorts "yeah paul carberry i knew he would win that all right".

WTF
                                                                      Acceptable to punch her in the face here imo
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                        http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/9...wanderers.html

Yeah but thought today was a good day to rest him while the African lads are still there, home to Wolves afterall. Fuck the records, won't be much consolation if he's in a heap come February.
                                                                        Cheers Sitch. Doesn't work for me because it's been blocked and i don't have the plugin but this works

Comment

IOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak released:
                                                                          It has been nearly eight weeks since the first declaration by pod2g that he had found a bug that he believed could provide an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5. We find ourselves exactly fifty days down the line, and what I imagine has been a lot of sleepless nights for the developers involved, but we now officially have the release of an untethered jailbreak for all A4 devices running iOS 5.0.1.

Not working on ipad2 or iphone 4S unfortunately.

Comment

lol ping pong around the box and fletcher on the end of it

Comment

What is with people fascination of punching others in the face? i honestly dont think i have ever punched anyone in the face in my life.

Comment

Really? I thought they were overly long, too descriptive and laden with unnecessary sex scenes which added nothing to the plot.
                                                                                I didn't say they were brillianty written, but I enjoyed them for what they were.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                  What is with people fascination of punching others in the face? i honestly dont think i have ever punched anyone in the face in my life.
                                                                                  I haven't either (I assume busting someone's nose in a GAA match while attempting to punch a ball doesn't count)

Comment

Judging by the look of most of the women round these parts if I punched one in the face I'm pretty sure they would kick the shit out of me.

Comment

I lived in Ballymun for 32 years. I've seen all manner of things upstairs in the Towers and Penthouse and in The Castle in Finglas. I've seen people fighting off shoe/handbag/glass/fire extinguishing wielding females and i've never seen a woman getting the upper hand. I've seen blokes punch a woman in the face at the first sign of trouble when there's no need to, and i've seen others take a few slaps and not hit back. Each to their own i suppose, and if that's how people feel then so be it, but it's not me tbh
                                                                                      Hitting a woman as a first defence or after one or two slaps is very far removed from what I was saying, and I'd thank you not to paint my post in the light of some scum you grew up near. Chalk and cheese.

Comment

North dublin masters. madness.
                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Hitting a woman as a first defence or after one or two slaps is very far removed from what I was saying, and I'd thank you not to paint my post in the light of some scum you grew up near. Chalk and cheese.
                                                                                          I'm not comparing your post to them, or painting you in any light. You know me better than that.

Edit - not getting into it. Self defense or not, i wouldn't hit a woman

Comment

Punching a woman is just bad then again if i am lying on my back after being felled by heavy base suacepan and she comes at me with a 12 inch kitchen knife gentlemanly conduct goes out the window

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                              Cheers for that, I appreciate it.

Comment

Anyone know much about jailbroken iphones?
                                                                                                If i buy one in Ireland can i use an Australian sim card in it?

Comment

It's only acceptable to hit a woman if nobody sees you do it.
                                                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Just back from Puss in Boots, was actually quite entertaining, couple of good gags for the parents in there, and Rodrigo i Gabriela all over the music. Even the 3d was actually ok.
                                                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

The theory section is turning into a joke. The place is full of nits who don't want to discuss hands, they all want to fuckin 'fold pre' 'fold pre' GTFO.

Half of them have probably never folded without seeing a flop in their lives because '7s are coming on the flop all night sure'
                                                                                                      Last edited by Wesley Harms; 27-12-11, 16:32.

Comment

Great point for Wolves there. Heroic defending at the death.

Comment

With the euro's on this year perhaps there would be interest in a euro fantasy draft. Normally drafts turn shit and people stop bother so what I propose is 20 teams, everyone pm's me their ideal team. Depending on the amount of times a player is picked the higher the auction fee they will have. if no one chooses one of your players you get him for free. We have a set budget and then on one day we have an auction for the players or I put the list of players and then there is a blind auction for them. You can obviously trade players for cash and then use that to bid higher for paul mcshane in this years tournament

Comment

Just watching the DVD of Roddy Doyle's "Family", plenty a wife beatin goin on in Ballymun!

Comment

Sometimes you just need to go all Rick James and smack a bitch.

Comment

I think most people would agree that a man hitting a women is not cool, I have never done it myself. My play would be to stay out of reach until they calm down or just GTFO of the area. If I was backed into a corner and they were wielding a weapon with intent to harm (not just threatening) then I wouldn't stand there and let them.

Same if a woman was trying to lead away my kid to a car or something, I don't think I could contain myself there and I wouldn't let her walk away and do it to some other child, I would do what it took to restrain her.

Comment

Boylepoker down for anyone else?

edit: it's back.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Caf; 27-12-11, 17:20.

Comment

meh im firmly in the not hitting women category tbh - never have and dont think I ever will. Got badly done last night in fairness and these women had a particular streak of badness in them (pretty sure they were settled pikeys) 4 women and 3 lads - of course the lads knowing better so they just sat back and watched as the women went riot(actually one of them took a swipe at a lad whos about 60 which was probably the sorriest thing he ever did of all the people to take a swipe at ). was trying to restrain one of the girls when I got done from the side with a stiletto - prob should get it seen to as its still bleeding on and off

Crazy times never had any trouble in our pub before - no shortage of regs getting stuck in to lend a hand though which was nearly a bigger job trying to calm them down. Finally get them out and a bottle comes through the window

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                      if she comes at you with a bottle tho...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8jw...eature=related
                                                                                                                      on film 4 at nine for those that haven't seen it great show.

Comment

Sean Connery has some pretty loose requirements when it comes to shlapping a female.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

In Bruge is such a good flick. Really enjoy it every time I watch it.
                                                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X