This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    I'm delighted, and I hope there are intelligent people digging up what they can on The Sun at this moment in time. The most heinous act of gutter journalism since Hillsborough really. Just assumed they would struggle on and it would blow over though...

That bitch Brooks needs to do jail time imo.
    Are the NOTW and the Sun the same people?

our own KP works for the Sun, and does a very good job there. I dont think its very fair tarring him with that same brush lloyd. Gent of a guy and doesnt deserve such abuse

Cliffs on what the Sun have done wrong?

Cliffs on this brooks one??
    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
      SPOILER

SPOILER

One of these is a sportman earning millions, the other is not.

I know which one id rather be.

Actually this guy earns probably treble what th GAA player does

SPOILER

And this guy

SPOILER

And this guy

SPOILER

GAA is a load of fucking bollocks
      Some GAA people can make it pay

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
          Sligo have never played an all ireland final. they qualified but the opponent in the semi objected and they lost the replay.
          true that, never made to the final, only 3 connacht titles

heroic losers though, my dad played full back in the 50s, they got to a final against the great galway team of Purcell/stockwell in '54 in tuam.

Sligo were 1-7 to 0-1 down at the break, but mounted huge comeback in 2nd half.A goal down in injury time,ball was punted into the galway square, some scuffling broke out and ball may or may not have cross the line,. Ref ends up consulting with umpire as to wheter give the goal or award Sligo a penalty...

Whilst awaiting this decison, a Mick gaffney, headcase full forward, runs up, grabs the green flag from the umpire and starts waving it in front of the sligo fans. Ref blows whistle, free out, galway go down field and score, game over...That Galway team went onto win multiple all irelands from there, sligo-nothing.

Again like sligboi, this is comin from my dads memories.

After we made the semi's in 75, the team went on the piss for 2 weeks, When the teams paraded round behind the band, some wag behind my Dad shouted to the great Mickey Kearins, "Fair play Mickey, u made it around!"

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
            Or the guy who was sitting on his own in the school eating pool cues
            fyp

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
              Yup. Murdoch's pulled the plug. I feel sorry for all the typesetters who'll be out of work.
              Don't get me wrong, I can completely sympathise with people who have done nothing but their jobs getting bounced onto to the streets because of the evil and incompetence of others in the organisation they work for. I hope that any of the Irish employees land on their feet.

The cynic in me says that a new Sunday Red Top will emerge soon to fill the void...
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Any person with above average intelligence, or who ive met in person and i deem not to be a complete drooler who actually TRIES to troll from the start of the convo, is an absolute retard. They are conversing with people who give them the respect and time to even bother reading their posts, if they purposely waste everyones time with trolling attempts then GTFO.

I doubt this actually is what happened here today, or what happens the majority it time. More the commonly seen "got no way out of my argument, sure i was trolling" which is evident everywhere

As for the poor attempt Richie is making in his last few posts is just poor tbf.

People exempt from me giving a shit about for this trolling is the saps of the world who arent capable of maintaining everday intelligent conversations never mind manipulate them in their favor . . . Or the guy who was sitting on his own in the school eating crayons
                Troll!
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

there'll be a new NI sunday paper in a month.
                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Also you don't try your hand at hurling, you start playing at a young age and are born and bred into the game. I never once thought about "how much am i going to make from this?" etc.. if you think this you are doing it wrong and have no love for whatever sport you are playing.

Comment

Can someone explain how Brooks gets to keep her job?
                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Comment

Are the NOTW and the Sun the same people?

our own KP works for the Sun, and does a very good job there. I dont think its very fair tarring him with that same brush lloyd. Gent of a guy and doesnt deserve such abuse

Cliffs on this brooks one??
                          I'm sure KP does a great job, and works to an ethical standard beyond reproach. I have doubts that everyone in the Sun as a whole does the same. As a Liverpool fan I wouldn't dare buy a copy of the paper, but that is for fairly obvious reasons.

These types of publications have crossed the line of decency far too often down through the years, and unfortunately decent people who work there will be tarred by association for the transgressions of few power / money hungry drivers of content.

Rabekah Brooks was the editor of the NOTW at the time the phone tapping occurred, and is now in an executive position at the parent corporation. She is also well connected politically according to the Newsnight piece from Tuesday night. She denies any knowledge of the incident, and Murdoch is standing behind her. I'm not buying for one single second that senior editors were unaware of what was going on.
                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

?
                            30 odd years of lies about anyone and everyone in order to make money,
                            the more horrible the lie the better

e.g. in the 70/80's
                            Sun had a big part to play in the English feeling that
                            All Irish people were murdering bastards

Hillsborough

and 100's more 'stories'

their MO has never changed!

ooh and as for getting rid of the Sun, I give the same answer I gave in the 90's (even if no longer 100% true)

Don't pay for skysports (football paid to keep the sun et all in print in the 90's)
                            Last edited by Guest; 07-07-11, 17:35. Reason: *protect my secret idenity :)

Comment

Domain www.thesunonsunday.co.uk was registered two days ago
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

*not saying anything that might get the lads in trouble*

Last edited by Guest; 07-07-11, 16:45.

Comment

She still has her job because she's very useful to News International.
                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                      Guardian front page. I expect the Sun and the other red tops were doing this, so the focus will hopefully shift to the end of them.
                                      Nick Davies was working pretty much exclusivley on NOTW story for about two years.
                                      News of the World bugging led to £700,000 payout to PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor. By Nick Davies

If anything, the othe red tops will be scrutinized more than ever.
                                      The Met and the PCC have a lot to answer for as they initially dismissed this out of hand. The police closed their enquiry after a few hours and the PCC were the definition of the word toothless.
                                      Also, the blowback of this will surely kill the proposed murdoch takeover of BskyB
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                        She had Christmas dinner with David Cameron this year! Her successor in NOTW was David Cameron's main spin doctor. Sun/NOTW campaigned for a Conservative Party win, and as soon as Conservatives got into power they approved the NOTW parent company taking over the 61% they don't yet own of Sky despite the fact that it will bring their dominant position in the media to at least an oligopoly. Whole thing stinks really.
                                        This is a national scandal really when you get right down to it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                            After we won a game, the team went on the piss for 2 weeks
                                            Nothing's changed then
                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

that's just fucking sickening tbh
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

comment from the guardian about THESUNONSUNDAY.COM

Butterfinger550

7 July 2011 5:39PM

From who.is

Domain Name: THESUNONSUNDAY.COM
                                                Created Date: 05-Jul-2011
                                                Expiry Date: 05-Jul-2013
                                                Nameserver: ns.123-reg.co.uk
                                                Nameserver: ns2.123-reg.co.uk
                                                Registrant Name: Identity Protection Service
                                                Registrant Company: Identity Protect Limited
                                                Registrant Address: PO BOX 1125
                                                Registrant Address:
                                                Registrant Address:
                                                Registrant Address: Guildford
                                                Registrant Address: Surrey
                                                Registrant Address: GU1 9LU
                                                Registrant Address: United Kingdom

Erm...yeah it was me who registered it. I used the old address of the NOTW, etc. Bit of a laugh really.

That crook Murdoch will have to pay double if he wants to take that domain off of me. I don't play nice.
                                                The News of the World is to close, James Murdoch has announced. It follows a series of revelations that the paper illegally hacked into phones, and amid calls for Rebekah Brooks to resign. The News International chief executive is said to retain the support of Rupert Murdoch

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                  The Little Pea is fav to be Prem League top scorer next season. WTF?
                                                  Probably not far off it imo.

Tevez to quit, Drogba+Anelka waning with age, Torres lol, Rooney will be playing behind Chicharito. Berbatov benched most of the time. Bent and the other pretenders won't have the supply-line of a top team. Only a fully fit RVP would be challenging him imo.

PP has Torres as the favorite here: http://www.paddypower.com/football/u...grp_ids=111192

Comment

This actually goes all the way up to Cameron....
                                                    The fact that Andy Coulson was the Downing Street director of communications beggars belief.

Comment

Any person with above average intelligence, or who ive met in person and i deem not to be a complete drooler who actually TRIES to troll from the start of the convo, is an absolute retard. They are conversing with people who give them the respect and time to even bother reading their posts, if they purposely waste everyones time with trolling attempts then GTFO.

I doubt this actually is what happened here today, or what happens the majority it time. More the commonly seen "got no way out of my argument, sure i was trolling" which is evident everywhere

As for the poor attempt Richie is making in his last few posts is just poor tbf.

People exempt from me giving a shit about for this trolling is the saps of the world who arent capable of maintaining everday intelligent conversations never mind manipulate them in their favor . . . Or the guy who was sitting on his own in the school eating crayons
                                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMV44yoXZ0

Comment

Youtube vids just coming up as black boxes for anyone else?

Comment

I hate Murdoch and his prole fodder papers as much as the next liberal elitist but am I the only one who thinks that this whole phone 'hacking' story is a load of sanctimonious bollocks.

So what if they listen to peoples voicemails as a standard way of getting stories, if people in the limelight are dumb enough not to change default passwords then that is their own lookout. Sure Murder victims and dead soldiers is ott but the real issue here that is hardly being mentioned at all is that the cops were using journos as confidential informants in order to cover up all sorts of shit and they were getting the kind of money that would buy a GAA ref in return.
                                                          Probably the reason we are not hearing so much about that is that they are all at it.

Comment

Really?
                                                            Going to become the sun on sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              I hate Murdoch and his prole fodder papers as much as the next liberal elitist but am I the only one who thinks that this whole phone 'hacking' story is a load of sanctimonious bollocks.

So what if they listen to peoples voicemails as a standard way of getting stories, if people in the limelight are dumb enough not to change default passwords then that is their own lookout. Sure Murder victims and dead soldiers is ott but the real issue here that is hardly being mentioned at all is that the cops were using journos as confidential informants in order to cover up all sorts of shit and they were getting the kind of money that would buy a GAA ref in return.
                                                              Probably the reason we are not hearing so much about that is that they are all at it.
                                                              They fucking deleted messages from a missing girl's phone, denying evidence to police and causing false hopes amongst her family that she may still be alive. Jesus Christ.

Comment

If anyone thinks Murdoch will have an iota less power and influence as a result of this they are deluded.

Comment

They fucking deleted messages from a missing girl's phone, denying evidence to police and causing false hopes amongst her family that she may still be alive. Jesus Christ.
                                                                  Sure that instance is outrageous except that the cops knew exactly what it meant which was pretty LOL. But really who gives a fuck if Wayne Rooney is too dumb to change his password.

I actually think its worse that they were doing it on serving cabinet ministers but also ultra retarded that they weren't advised to have default passwords changed.

Comment

issue here that is hardly being mentioned at all is that the cops were using journos as confidential informants in order to cover up all sorts of shit and they were getting the kind of money that would buy a GAA ref in return.
                                                                    Id say you answered your own question there

much like the banks and how much politicians really knew
                                                                    the real dirt will never fly as everyone in power/media is stained

Papers releasing lies about people under arrest leaked to them by the police, has been known for a couple of years and nothing has been done
                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 07-07-11, 17:20.

Comment

Yeah, sometimes they hack the wrong phones but what about the times when they hack Ryan Giggs phone and find out he's banging his brothers wife, or hack Kerry Katona's and find out she's back on the smack.

I couldn't live without that kind of stuff. The good far outweighs the bad.

What about the poor fake Sheik? What's he going to do for money now? Allah have mercy him.

Comment

Just incase anyone was unsure, I was NOT trolling.

I despise the GAA

GAA is a load of fuckin bollocks.

That's my opinion.

Comment

Murdoch shows he has his finger bang on the pulse as always. Realised a big risk of contagion from the NOTW to the rest of his UK empire and shut down the NOTW to prevent that. Hope to ride out the storm and come back with a diff publication in a few months time

What a prick

Comment

Sure that instance is outrageous except that the cops knew exactly what it meant which was pretty LOL. But really who gives a fuck if Wayne Rooney is too dumb to change his password.

I actually think its worse that they were doing it on serving cabinet ministers but also ultra retarded that they weren't advised to have default passwords changed.
                                                                            That's why no one cared about the story until the info about milly came out.

Comment

twitter seems to have copped that also, expect further boycotts on whatever the new publication is too, but the advertisers will probably go back now that they can guilt-free.
                                                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                or tapping police detectives, or victims of 7/7.
                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                  or tapping police detectives, or victims of 7/7.
                                                                                  The Simon Cowell effect

Nobody has the attention span to care until they see the tears and hear the touching human story behind the news

Comment

In other news O'Shea and Brown have gone to Sunderland!
                                                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                      In other news O'Shea and Brown have gone to Sunderland!
                                                                                      Sad face

Comment

PS i got back in. again.
                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                          PS i got back in. again.
                                                                                          I'm stuck now unless I tether through my phone

Stupid internet, stupid vodafone.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                            I'm stuck now unless I tether through my phone

Stupid internet, stupid vodafone.
                                                                                            vodafone mobile sucks imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I'm with smart, it seems to come and go at different hours of the day.
                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                just in case you were under the illusion that last week's 'deal' had made things all tickety-boo:
                                                                                                WP Iceland

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                  Sad face
                                                                                                  kick it to touch is gone, good luck to him. Now get rid of Gibson.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                                    Just incase anyone was unsure, I was NOT trolling.

I despise the GAA

GAA is a load of fuckin bollocks.

That's my opinion.
                                                                                                    Perfect picture for you mate. You'd have been better off trolling. Enjoy:

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

NOTW never came up with gems like this.

Pol o'bear

Comment

I went and checked to see when the next full moon was due, thought it had to be today with all the reverso and trolling posts on here. Its not for another week lol.

Raoul thought he had an opportunity today. Well you was wrong Raoul.

And that was is on purpose Kayroo!
                                                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by spoofingjam View Post
                                                                                                          people out hurling for there parish on a sunday morning while your at home in bed scratching your balls
                                                                                                          Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                          I don't think our Finkel is the loss to the Wexford intercounty scene that you're making him out to be...
                                                                                                          Lol,poor Howard.

notw to end this sunday.
                                                                                                          Good phelmy riddance.

I hate Murdoch and his prole fodder papers as much as the next liberal bidet elitist
                                                                                                          FYP.
                                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

For any of you who know what your doing with a camera, could you please explain to me what this guy got so wrong with the "club photos"?

All the faces are way too bright, and its really hurting all the skin tones etc. Struggled to find one dacent lookin woman in the whole album, mostly because everyone looks like they've been hiding from the Sun for 14 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                              For any of you who know what your doing with a camera, could you please explain to me what this guy got so wrong with the "club photos"?

All the faces are way too bright, and its really hurting all the skin tones etc. Struggled to find one dacent lookin woman in the whole album, mostly because everyone looks like they've been hiding from the Sun for 14 years...

A shovel be better than a tan for most of them women perhaps a hurley considering all gaa speak today be my mascara of choice
                                                                                                              still would ever single one of them
                                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 07-07-11, 18:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Jaysus, most of those women aren't very attractive, can't imagine a better light will do them much good. Some exceptions though.

Obviously I can talk due to being brilliant, etc.

Comment

yeah, I agree completely on the shovel front, but the thing is, your man doing the club promotions is obviously paying this dude to take photos of good looking people, (or average people and make them look better), but he's doing it way wrong. One of my friends here is working with the promotions lad, and I wouldn't mind just telling him the simple fix that makes people not look like they live inside Fukashima.

That camera setting is definitely hurting the oul club page on facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                                    Never looked into it but apparantly 8 of my grand uncles played on the only Sligo team to make an All Ireland final in the GAAball back in the 20s and a major reason behind the loss in the final was the loss of one of the brothers as he was in the seminary and not allowed to leave.

Please note this story was told to me by my father before I was 7 and as such may be bullshit.

And as such my nomination for best player ever is the 15 brave men who took the field on that day to fight and die for Sligo....

Ha'penny place. My fathers uncle (my grand uncle??) was Michael Hogan, shot dead by the black and tans on bloody sunday (Hogan stand obv). His train was stopped on the way to Dublin that day (by B&Ts again) and he basically told them to GTFO. He was probably destined to be murdered that day.

Any day I'm in croker, and the national anthem is played, the hairs on the back of my neck (ok I don't have any on my head) stand up.

Anyone who says the GAA should be abolished hasn't a clue imo. Greatest sport around.

/Hard to believe I am slightly intoxicated at 7pm on a Thurs evening.

//Don't mean to be condescending to your post Sligboi

Comment

meh I'd ride most of those wimmin after a wee tipple (well if I wasnt married of course)

fussy cunts you lot.

Comment

Does anyone know what coulour the wristbands are at Oxegen this year? Also what material are they made from?

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                                          Does anyone know what coulour the wristbands are at Oxegen this year? Also what material are they made from?
                                                                                                                          Ha ha ha.

I know not a constructive post but still.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X