X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
    you are from Wexford so of course you would have that opinion
    I couldn't name 2 Wexford GAA players. I have carried a few of them in a taxi once or twice. Fuckin idiots carry on like they are superstars, fuckin hacks.

GAA is a load of fuckin bollocks. People getting there kids into it should be shot, there is no future in the game. Play a sport where you might make something.

Comment

Lol amateur sports imo

=Raoul Duke III;358879]this Roscommon hospital thing is highly amusing and\or alarming at the same time

I had hoped that the phenomenon of TDs being in government but at the same time trying to abrogate responsibility for government decisions had finished with the last lot. Evidently not. Culchies LOL.
      Did he not say during the election that he'd resign if the hospital was downgraded?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
        'fyp post' post

LOL GAA indeed Solskjaer, LOL GAA

Even though I'm a fan of the GAA and the history/heritage therein. When it comes to GAAfootball I can't help thinking that it's a poor relation in terms of skill compared to soccer. If GAA was the main sport in Dublin they would romp home every year (yeahyeahyeah)however if a kiddie shows any sembalance of knowing how to use a footie they tend to use their feet not their hands. Now hurling is a different matter, I do marvel at those guys, a supreme skill. I do think the Dubs could have won last year and it was only the stupidity of Ross MConnell that cost us, there wasn't a bottle issue this time. Cork who just edged it against us won the final in a canter so I think we were very close last year. In recent years we haven't been good enough most of us knew it , we were good enough last year and we are this year.
        Dubs will go close.
        on GG, wasn't he knocked out in Australia in a revenge attack . Could be mixing him up with someone else.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
            Geraghty's got a great list of achievements, but if you're picking the GOAT team he wouldn't be close in any of the positions he's played in throughout his career imo.

Where would you pick him in an all time 15?
            wing half forward/back

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
              I couldn't name 2 Wexford GAA players. I have carried a few of them in a taxi once or twice. Fuckin idiots carry on like they are superstars, fuckin hacks.
              Big Phil Wallace (Wexford Full back) was my Geography teacher in school.

You couldn't be more wrong. An absolutely heroic chap to be fair to him. Big and tough and sound out. Earned respect and brough GAA to a ridiculously rugby-centric school.

We used to give him stick about letting Matty Forde run the team for them, but he gave it back just as good whenever the school rugby team lost a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                We used to give him stick about letting Matty Forde run the team for them, but he gave it back just as good whenever the school rugby team lost a game.
                Where were you in school?

Comment

Re. the recent Google Search Suggestion court wrangle, Geraghty might have a case using the search term 'Graham Geraghty wife'
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                    Even though I'm a fan of the GAA and the history/heritage therein. When it comes to GAAfootball I can't help thinking that it's a poor relation in terms of skill compared to soccer.
                    Gaa football can never escape the reason it was invented, it is a load of shite

I can admire hurling for how skilful the players are but have no interest in it

How much better would we be as a sporting nation if we had only hurling as the national sport

Skilful gaa footballers playing football, big humpers playing rugby

SPOILER
                    job done, log out

Comment

Link for the golf http://www.norwaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                        Gick

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                          Nure shower of cunts

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

wing half forward/back
                              Meh, I don't want to get into it too much, but he wouldn't be on the best Kerry team of all time in any of those four spots imo.

Comment

Would we not be much better off as a nation if we just banned this parochial nonsense of a sport?

Comment

Lol if you didn't go to school on the northside.

Just lol.
                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Would we not be much better off as a nation if we just banned this parochial nonsense of a sport?
                                    0/10

You're never getting a bite with this imo.

Comment

lol if you didn't go to a Protestant school on the northside, we played no GAA.
                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                        Lol if you didn't go to school on the northside.

Just lol.
                                        didn't fancy the trek from Kimmage...

Comment

WP that man

After unifying the titles WBA, IBF, WBO, IBO and "The Ring Magazine" World Heavyweight Champion Wladimir Klitschko takes a look back at the Haye story. Watch...

Comment

whats the difference between my trousers and David "the Excusemaker" Haye?

My trousers has a belt

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                              Lol that is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                Nure shower of cunts
                                                Well said Mick

Comment

whats the difference between my trousers and David "the Excusemaker" Haye?

My trousers has a belt
                                                  And I assume your trousers don't fall down every 3 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    No is the answer to that question

Comment

From Twitter

Originally posted by @PhilMcNulty
                                                      Man Utd have indeed made that £20m bid for Samir Nasri - and it sits there awaiting the outcome of talks between player & Wenger.

Comment

lets hear it then who's better?
                                                        Declan O'Sullivan
                                                        John O'Keefee
                                                        Kevin Heffernan
                                                        Tommy Doyle
                                                        Jimmy Keaveney
                                                        Mick O'Connell
                                                        Pat Spillane
                                                        Jack O'Shea
                                                        Maurice Fitzgerald
                                                        Colm Cooper
                                                        Padraig Joyce
                                                        Bernard Brogan Snr
                                                        Bernard Brogan Jnr
                                                        Tony Hanahoe
                                                        Tommy Langan
                                                        Mikey Sheehy
                                                        Sean O'Neill
                                                        Sean Purcell
                                                        Peter Canavan
                                                        Brian Dooher

Those are just the ones I could think of off the top of my head that are better than Geraghty and I restrained myself to midfielders and the forwards.

He was a great player but he was nowhere near the GOAT. Not even close
                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I'm sooo fatigued. Screw you Copa America.

Comment

There's some amount of trolling going on around here today...

Comment

Ship the Leinster final premium tickets

Comment

Ship the Leinster final premium tickets
                                                                Premium tickets are for pussies.
                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                  Who is the greatest Hurler of all time? I'l start a list of possibilities.

1. Sylvie Linnane
                                                                  2.Tony keady

3Ger Mcinerney

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Best of them all, cowardly thug IMO anyone who admires Whelan hates sport.
                                                                    don't you be dissing my fellow Nortsoider
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                      Premium tickets are for pussies.
                                                                      If you say so.

As a neutral going to watch the game from the point of view of assessing a potential challenger for the Championship, I think they'll be pretty perfect.

I've been in every section of Croke Park (besides the Nally obv - that's for peasants), and I knows what I likes depending on the occasion.

Premium for neutral and hurling, Hill 16 for finals you're going to cruise in (against Mayo obv), Hogan alongside my father for games where the result is going to be in doubt because the old fella analyses the game extremely well.

I was in the Hogan for the 2003 AI final between Tyrone and Armagh and I have to say the atmosphere was unbelievable, but most of the time I'm interested in watching the game from an academic POV (if you take my meaning), so avoiding some of the more pungent droolers by sitting in Premium is great.

Corporate boxes are terribad tbf.

Comment

1. Sylvie Linnane
                                                                        as long as no one mentions Dj Steps Carey i dont care

Comment

1. Sylvie Linnane

2 Graham Geraghty

Comment

1. Sylvie Linnane
                                                                            DJ Carey

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                              Would any kind soul's cousin have a copy of these they could lend me?
                                                                              ditto.
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

henry shefflin
                                                                                closely followed by christy ring
                                                                                then a bit of a gap to DJ

Comment

Also Declan O sullivan is the best player currently playing the game. How he didnt get POY last year is beyond me.

He was, is and always will be a better player than Bernard Brogan

Comment

On the Hurling front in fairness how can anyone judge players they have not seen first hand playing. Here is my top 5 im not going to choose in any particular order as its pretty damn hard to name 1 i guess this list starts from the mid 90s.

DJ Carey
                                                                                    Henry Shefflin
                                                                                    Tony Browne
                                                                                    Eoin Kelly
                                                                                    Brian Whelehan

Close calls

Ciaran Carey
                                                                                    Joe Deane
                                                                                    Tommy Walsh
                                                                                    Lar Corbett
                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

henry shefflin
                                                                                      How much of Christy Ring playing did you see?
                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Went to see Lisa Hannigan in Sligo last night, good show, what a voice..

few years back b4 she came outta damien rices shadow + came out with her own album, she played a real small gig in the old model arts centre here in town, was part of a donal dineen series of gigs they ran here,. Apparently she was very stage shy and had never giged alone before but agreed to this gig, cause of where it was and as favour to a pal who was organising it.

Back then in my previous life, i used to Vj(vison mixing to tunes) + had pleasure of doing these gigs in home town, had never heard of her b4 the gig but will nvr forget setting up my rig pre gig, all the techies around, sound/lights guys pulling cables...This little mousey girl goes up to do the soundcheck, i paid no real heed beyound her stage position for the cameras + contintued about my business but soon as she started singing, myself and evry1 else in there stopped what we were doing, stunned by this voice of angel, hairs on my arms freezing stiff...

That night she put on great show, very stripped back raw tunes with her voice coming to the fore and you could see her grow in confidence throughout.

Was also the first time i didnt use any graphics in the vison mix, just used a simple multi camera set up + layered the visuals together,knocking 1 camera into black+white to home in on smaller features like hands+feet. Was all projected on a massive cinema screen behind them.

Kept recordings of most of my gigs, here's of of the songs from that night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h--nBiIQYwA

Comment

Also Declan O sullivan is the best player currently playing the game. How he didnt get POY last year is beyond me.

He was, is and always will be a better player than Bernard Brogan
                                                                                          He couldn't really get POY when Kerry were knocked out at the 1/4 final stage.

It's pretty much unheard of in the last 10 or 15 years for the POY to not come from one one the finalists, or at least I can't remember it happening before.

EDIT: Obv excluding last year, but whenever there's a Dublin player in the mix it's pretty likely he's going to get it for marketing purposes if nothing else.

Comment

Noel Lane

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                              On the Hurling front in fairness how can anyone judge players they have not seen first hand playing. Here is my top 5 im not going to choose in any particular order as its pretty damn hard to name 1 i guess this list starts from the mid 90s.

DJ Carey
                                                                                              Henry Shefflin
                                                                                              Tony Browne
                                                                                              Eoin Kelly
                                                                                              Brian Whelehan
                                                                                              Close calls

Ciaran Carey
                                                                                              Joe Deane
                                                                                              Tommy Walsh
                                                                                              Lar Corbett
                                                                                              Would get my vote.

Saw him one day in Croker and I was nearly sure he had his own sliotar with him. Owned the thing for the entire game.

Comment

He couldn't really get POY when Kerry were knocked out at the 1/4 final stage.

It's pretty much unheard of in the last 10 or 15 years for the POY to not come from one one the finalists, or at least I can't remember it happening before.
                                                                                                Brogan only played in the semis. You tell me now if he wasnt from Dublin he would have won it last year?

Comment

Brogan only played in the semis. You tell me now if he wasnt from Dublin he would have won it last year?
                                                                                                  No he would have had no chance imo - check my edit

Comment

How much of Christy Ring playing did you see?
                                                                                                    about as much as I seen Pele or Maradonna but I can still appreciate greatness.

my opinion was based on info from people who had seen a lot of both Christy and Henry

Comment

bring back soccer imo

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                        2 Graham Geraghty
                                                                                                        3. Dj Carey

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                                                                                                          3. Dj Carey
                                                                                                          Is this Bubbleking's gimmick account?

Comment

Fuck u CAO....
                                                                                                            ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                                            I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

DJ Carey
                                                                                                              Henry Shefflin
                                                                                                              Tony Browne
                                                                                                              Eoin Kelly
                                                                                                              Brian Whelehan

Close calls

Ciaran Carey
                                                                                                              Joe Deane
                                                                                                              Tommy Walsh
                                                                                                              Lar Corbett
                                                                                                              Some fatastic hurlers there. Other notables imo: Brian Corcoran was immense in his day too, John Leahy was ridiculous as was Nicky English, Brian Lohan, Joe Cooney, Paul Flynn, Ken McGrath, Eoin Kelly (Deise version). The list goes on.

Comment

This should piss off the Strewelpeters of this world. Nice I say.

Up close video of blind guitarist called up from audience, plays all i want is you, bono gives him his guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                                                                                                                  Fuck u CAO....
                                                                                                                  expand please how have they fucked up now?

Comment

henry shefflin
                                                                                                                    Would Christy Ring not have got muscled out of it by the supreme athletes of
                                                                                                                    the modern game?:-)

Comment

I always liked John Power from Kilkenny and Joe Cooney from Galway

both epitomised the Big Heart

Comment

Jimmy Barry Murphy in both codes even for a lol@cork people he was great

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X