X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    Tony,

Kill the Postgre process and reboot. If it is starting automatically after you reboot then you need to get into msconfig and set it to stop. When you play poker, make sure that postgre isn't still running after you close HEM. You should also try reinstalling Postgre. It won't affect your DB. Gl.
    I'm not too sure, but where and what will i update from?

Comment

Looking to get custom signs/labels - not exactly sure how to describe what I'm looking for; they would be metallic I guess and you see them usually on computers. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
        Just got back from there, got 3 pairs of Levi's for 100 and Ralph Lauren polos are only 35. Defo worth a look.

This is not a bargain.
        It's a fucking tshirt. And a shit one at that
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          this be bad, yes? Should I queue up a million films over Xmas?
          From a provider standpoint, it will take too much to make this workable.
          Expect some high usage P2P users (over 1tb sharers) caught...maybe a dozen at most.
          Anyone using usenet/http should be ok.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

How do I change the password for the connection to my broadband, I want to change it so Chanel cant access it.
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
              Looking to get custom signs/labels - not exactly sure how to describe what I'm looking for; they would be metallic I guess and you see them usually on computers. Any ideas?
              Find a picture of what you are looking for...
              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

So Rebecca Black ended up being top of the google search this year.
                She is now officially the greatest running joke of 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  From a provider standpoint, it will take too much to make this workable.
                  Expect some high usage P2P users (over 1tb sharers) caught...maybe a dozen at most.
                  Anyone using usenet/http should be ok.
                  can you expand on this from the standpoint of a non-techie person? Will the filesharing sites be blocked?
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    I'm not too sure, but where and what will i update from?

http://www.postgresql.org/download/
                    go to the postgresql server installation directory and here you will
                    find one uninstall-postgresql file.

-double click on Uninstall-postgresql file to run the un-installer- it will
                    un-install postgresql.

Then download a fresh copy.

Comment

can you expand on this from the standpoint of a non-techie person? Will the filesharing sites be blocked?
                      in laymans terms, torrents bad, rapdishare/fileserve good.

It's down to traffic types and posts used

Comment

un-install postgresql.

Backup your HEM databases first.
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

so from the perspective of your average downloader of content; don't panic - no need for hiding your IP address etc?

Comment

so from the perspective of your average downloader of content; don't panic - no need for hiding your IP address etc?
                            Yep.
                            I honestly wouldn't give it a second thought.

Comment

This is not a bargain.
                              It's a fucking tshirt. And a shit one at that
                              Well I usually pay 80 so it is a bargain.

How is it shit?
                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

How is it shit?
                                because it has a symbol upon it that screams 'wanker!'?

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                  Find a picture of what you are looking for...
                                  Sort of like these stickers you see on computers:

Comment

this be bad, yes? Should I queue up a million films over Xmas?
                                    Eircom are suppose to have a system in place if you are caught a couple of times you get disconnected but UPC said to the same folk "go fuck yourself"
                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

How is it shit?
                                      80???

Apart from a stitched symbol over the tit, can you tell me what the difference is between a Ralph Lauren polo and a generic one at maybe a quarter of the price?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                        Eircom are suppose to have a system in place if you are caught a couple of times you get disconnected but UPC said to the same folk "go fuck yourself"
                                        Eircom may or may not have quietly 'forgotten' about this.

Comment

80???

Apart from a stitched symbol over the tit, can you tell me what the difference is between a Ralph Lauren polo and a generic one at maybe a quarter of the price?
                                          You mean tell me the difference besides the difference?

Comment

I have a fast enough connection so still use torrent as I felt that paying for a download service was not required as I was able to get a film in half an hour anyway.

Does this mean that I should change from torrents or will a film or 2 a week not be noticed?

Comment

80???

In one you can sneer and look down on others whilst in the other you are the looked down when you next head back to Dicey's

Comment

How is it shit?
                                                COZ Ralph Lauren is a premium brand.
                                                So you pay well over the odds for a cotton t-shirt because of the label on it.
                                                People who pay well over the odds for branded stuff are saps.
                                                So when you ware the shirt you are announcing to the world that you are a sap.
                                                Ergo said t-shirt be shit.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                  Tony,

Kill the Postgre process and reboot. If it is starting automatically after you reboot then you need to get into msconfig and set it to stop. When you play poker, make sure that postgre isn't still running after you close HEM. You should also try reinstalling Postgre. It won't affect your DB. Gl.
                                                  Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                  Backup your HEM databases first.
                                                  Will i need to back up my Database? If i just re-install will it overwrite the current one (which seems to be 8.3) I've hands on 146k people and last time i tried to back it up it took 2 days and crashed! It would kill me!

un-install postgresql.

I can't find an uninstall file. Any idea where it might be in this lot as i can't see it. It won't let me stop the process from running and it's still using over 24% of CPU usuage the last few days. Would you be interested in maybe doing a Team Viewer or something later and you can have a look around my laptop? I'll pay you a few quid for your help?

SPOILER

Comment

its a mandatory requirement if u dont wanna be stuck scoring some munter not from south dublin

Comment

80???

COZ Ralph Lauren is a premium brand.
                                                      So you pay well over the odds for a cotton t-shirt because of the label on it.
                                                      People who pay well over the odds for branded stuff are saps.
                                                      So when you ware the shirt you are announcing to the world that you are a sap.
                                                      Ergo said t-shirt be shit.

You still havent answered how the t shirt itself is shit though.

You may think its overpriced and are entitled to your opinion, maybe someday ill get sense and start wearing more clothes from Penneys and Dunnes.

I presume thats where both of you shop and have no premium brand clothing in your wardrobes?
                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Where is giving the best price on Skyrim in stores?
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Will i need to back up my Database? If i just re-install will it overwrite the current one (which seems to be 8.3) I\'ve hands on 146k people and last time i tried to back it up it took 2 days and crashed! It would kill me!
                                                          Updating to the latest version should keep your databases. But I would be suprised if un-installing and reinstalling did.

You should always have an up to date backup in any case.

You database size could be the problem.You might want to look at the google for some DB maintenance-optimization tips. Did you try that Vacuum thing?

Comment

Updating to the latest version should keep your databases. But I would be suprised if un-installing and reinstalling did.

You should always have an up to date backup in any case.

You database size could be the problem.You might want to look at the google for some DB maintenance-optimization tips. Did you try that Vacuum thing?
                                                            I'm pretty clueless when it comes to that tbh. I could probably get rid of every hand in my DB that's more than 12 months all seeing as the game changes so much. Can't imagine that stats on a player for 2 years ago will have much relevance on players now, especially in tournaments. I don't really have a clue how to do it tho. Will need to spend some time going through it and trying to see how easy it is but never tried the Vacuum or compressing the DB

Comment

As with any item of clothing, its all about the fit.

Ralph Lauren Polos fit much better than your generic penneys polo. They also wash better and last longer. Whether thats enough to justify the price difference is up to the individual really.

You'll prob say that the quality is the same between relatively expensive branded clothing and your tescos/penneys t shirts (or any other item for that matter) but its not. At all.

Different strokes.
                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The "branded clothing is a scam" thing is unbelievably dumb imo.

Some of it's overpriced for sure, but the idea that cheap unbranded stuff is routinely of the same quality as expensive designer clothing is just too out of touch with reality to believe that anyone really, genuinely believes it having done any sort of objective comparison.

I'm tempted to conclude it's just contrarianism in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Ralph Lauren Polos fit much better than your generic penneys polo. They also wash better and last longer. Whether thats enough to justify the price difference is up to the individual really.

You'll prob say that the quality is the same between relatively expensive branded clothing and your tescos/penneys t shirts (or any other item for that matter) but its not. At all.

Different strokes.
                                                                  I doubt the lads are on about Penneys t-shirts

They are (I think) on about mid-range brands, the ones that are made in the same factories as the premium brands but sold for 1/3 -1/4 the price

anyhu, the price of premium brands is purely a "the more you charge, the more they feel like they are buying quality" advertising/marketing gimmick

The prices acceptable for premium brand clothing were set before all the manufacture was exported to the east.

In the olden days, if a shirt cost £80, it cost £40 to make
                                                                  Now if a shirt cost £80 it cost something like £4 to make/ship (but probably less)

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    The "branded clothing is a scam" thing is unbelievably dumb imo.
                                                                    No that's you saying I'm special because I wear special clothes

It's why kids on £300 a week are wearing £600 belts and women own handbags that cost so much more than they will ever carry

Comment

You\'ll prob say that the quality is the same between relatively expensive branded clothing and your tescos/penneys t shirts (or any other item for that matter) but its not. At all.

Different strokes.
                                                                      LOL. Fit is all about body shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                        I doubt the lads are on about Penneys t-shirts

They are (I think) on about mid-range brands, the ones that are made in the same factories as the premium brands but sold for 1/3 -1/4 the price

anyhu, the price of premium brands is purely a "the more you charge, the more they feel like they are buying quality" advertising/marketing gimmick

The prices acceptable for premium brand clothing were set before all the manufacture was exported to the east.

In the olden days, if a shirt cost £80, it cost £40 to make
                                                                        Now if a shirt cost £80 it cost something like £4 to make/ship (but probably less)
                                                                        But sure you'll have the same argument about the mid-range brands next week when people say "jesus your some fool paying €50 for a shirt in Topman sure don't they make them in the same factory as a Pennys one you can get for €20".

It's a load of auld bollocks from people who don't want to pay top dollar for their clothes but don't want to feel like what they're wearing is an inferior product cos it stings the ego.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                          its a mandatory requirement if u dont wanna be stuck scoring some munter not from south dublin
                                                                          Kinda in agreement. Women like a guy wearing nice expensive clothes not only because they look good but because it shows yo have money to blow on clothes so are probably doing ok for yourself and might be able to treat them nice.

I imagine in cave man times it was having the biggest and woolliest cloak or what not but same premise.

Reason to buy nice clothes = to help your chances to sleep with lots of women. Same reason to do anything I guess but definitely a valid reason

Comment

No that's you saying I'm special because I wear special clothes
                                                                            Beautifully pre-empted imo:

It's a load of auld bollocks from people who don't want to pay top dollar for their clothes but don't want to feel like what they're wearing is an inferior product cos it stings the ego.

Comment

But sure you'll have the same argument about the mid-range brands next week when people say "jesus your some fool paying €50 for a shirt in Topman sure don't they make them in the same factory as a Pennys one you can get for €20".

But paying top price due to who sells it to you is fine?

Comment

The quality of premium clothes brands is often shocking and very inconsistent.
                                                                                Paying over the odds would be fine if you knew were always getting quality.

M&S is the only place I know where you can reliably measure the quality by the price.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Beautifully pre-empted imo:
                                                                                  very defensive about knowingly paying over the odds for clothes

Wear what you like!

I was just trying to clarify what the lads were on about was not really dunnes/penneys stuff

Comment

But paying top price due to who sells it to you is fine?
                                                                                    The argument is bollocks. The clothes don't look the same, feel the same, fit the same or wash the same. Same factory yeah maybe, same shirt my hole.

Comment

LOL. Fit is all about body shape.
                                                                                      We'll have to agree to disagree on this whole topic.
                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        The quality of premium clothes brands is often shocking and very inconsistent.
                                                                                        Paying over the odds would be fine if you knew were always getting quality.

M&S is the only place I know where you can reliably measure the quality by the price.
                                                                                        Well that's why you try shit on before you buy it yo.

Comment

very defensive about knowingly paying over the odds for clothes
                                                                                          Defensive, no. Easily tilted by retarded popular consensus arguments, always.

I was just trying to clarify what the lads were on about was not really dunnes/penneys stuff
                                                                                          And I'm simply making the point that it's a bogus argument.

Comment

Women don't look for the brand name on clothing you muppets. There's a difference between being well-dressed and wearing over-priced clothing.

Comment

Defensive, no. Easily tilted by retarded popular consensus arguments, always.

And I'm simply making the point that it's a bogus argument.
                                                                                              Why is it bogus?

because what you like to wear/buy?

The clothing industry accept it as a fact

Talk to someone who makes to quality clothing or someone who imports stuff from the east

people easily titled by stuff like this are generally accepting they are wrong btw

i'm outtie, life toooooo short for this kinda stuff

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                Where is giving the best price on Skyrim in stores?
                                                                                                Game have it for €25 I'm hearing.

Comment

Never found Topman, Next or River Island to be particularly well made gear. Fashionable and good for a couple of goes but wears out way quicker than ralph, abercrombie or other top line gear.

Comment

Why is it bogus?

because what you like to wear/buy?

The clothing industry accept it as a fact

Talk to someone who makes to quality clothing or someone who imports stuff from the east

people easily titled by stuff like this are generally accepting they are wrong btw
                                                                                                    Fair enough, can't beat facts like that.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                      Never found Topman, Next or River Island to be particularly well made gear. Fashionable and good for a couple of goes but wears out way quicker than ralph, abercrombie or other top line gear.
                                                                                                      Yeah that high street gear is shite quality most of the time. There's way more merit to the argument that Topman ~= Pennys than Ralph Lauren ~= Topman.

Comment

Will i need to back up my Database? If i just re-install will it overwrite the current one (which seems to be 8.3) I've hands on 146k people and last time i tried to back it up it took 2 days and crashed! It would kill me!

I can't find an uninstall file. Any idea where it might be in this lot as i can't see it. It won't let me stop the process from running and it's still using over 24% of CPU usuage the last few days. Would you be interested in maybe doing a Team Viewer or something later and you can have a look around my laptop? I'll pay you a few quid for your help?

SPOILER

try this.
                                                                                                        Actually get gillian to do it it'll be handy for her to know
                                                                                                        steps and DOS is fun

i) Remove the postgresql server installation directory. (rd /s /q
                                                                                                        "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4") Assuming default location.

ii) Delete the user 'postgres' (net user postgres /delete)

iii) Remove the Registry entries. (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL
                                                                                                        \Installations\postgresql-8.4) and (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL
                                                                                                        \Services\postgresql-8.4)

iv) Remove the postgresql-8.4 service. (sc delete postgresql-8.4)

Manual uninstall complete

Comment

Fair enough, can't beat facts like that.
                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                          The argument is bollocks. The clothes don't look the same, feel the same, fit the same or wash the same. Same factory yeah maybe, same shirt my hole.
                                                                                                          This bit

Generally speaking (can't speak for all brands), same factory, means same workers, means same machines, means SAME MATERIALS

Hey if they make you feel good, pay it and wear them!

Just don't get hyper sensitive about people who won't

Comment

We\'ll have to agree to disagree on this whole topic.
                                                                                                            No worries bro. Ill sum up so by saying the quality of clothes (life span, materials, etc) is usually reflected in the price for sure, but people are fooling themselves if they think they are not paying a premium for the -label- when it comes to branded clothing.

All else aside paying this premium is gay IMO. If you could get the same clothes without the brand and pay less would you be happy with that? The mega saps wouldn’t. They would still want to pay extra for the label.

Comment

You mean tell me the difference besides the difference?
                                                                                                              apart from.
                                                                                                              I just cannot fathom paying €80 for a tshirt.
                                                                                                              I'd feel like a mug

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                  I have a fast enough connection so still use torrent as I felt that paying for a download service was not required as I was able to get a film in half an hour anyway.

Does this mean that I should change from torrents or will a film or 2 a week not be noticed?
                                                                                                                  small amounts wont be noticed really.
                                                                                                                  However, access to sites might be blocked, easily got around but blocked all the same)

As it happens my RS subscription ran out a few weeks ago. DL'ing as a free user using Jdownloader, I can honestly say I've noticed no difference.

Comment

MY TSHIRTS
                                                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

try this.
                                                                                                                      Actually get gillian to do it it'll be handy for her to know
                                                                                                                      steps and DOS is fun

i) Remove the postgresql server installation directory. (rd /s /q
                                                                                                                      "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4") Assuming default location.

ii) Delete the user 'postgres' (net user postgres /delete)

iii) Remove the Registry entries. (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL
                                                                                                                      \Installations\postgresql-8.4) and (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PostgreSQL
                                                                                                                      \Services\postgresql-8.4)

iv) Remove the postgresql-8.4 service. (sc delete postgresql-8.4)

Manual uninstall complete
                                                                                                                      Cheers will get her to have a look when she gets in from her course. Will that wipe out my HEM database tho? Off out for a bit so will check in later. Cheers DP

Comment

Giant Rabbits and Double Rainbows: The 10 Most Insane Delusions of Kim Jong-il

With the death of Kim Jong-il, the world loses one of the greatest self-aggrandizing fantasists of all time. Here are ten of the craziest Jong-il stories floating out there:

1. North Korean schools teach children that Jong-il's birth was "supernatural." He was born in a log cabin inside a secret base on the sacred Mt. Paekdu, the story goes, and his arrival was accompanied by the apparition of a new star. The seasons then spontaneously changed from winter to spring, and a double-rainbow appeared, followed by a talking iceberg. (Western accounts say he was born in a guerrilla camp in Russia.)

2. In 2006, Jong-il learned that a man in Germany breeds giant rabbits. He found them delightful and decided they were the key to solving North Korea's widespread hunger problem:
                                                                                                                        So Kim gets in touch with 68-year-old Karl Szmolinsky of Berlin, the world's foremost breeder of giant rabbits, and says he wants Szmolinsky to come to Pyongyang and set up a farm to breed these rabbits. For Kim believes that the meat yielded by these rabbits will end his people's starvation. [...]

Undeterred, Kim pays for 12 rabbits, at a cost of about $115 each. He tells Szmolinsky that the rabbits will be kept at a petting zoo in Pyongyang and, in a few months, Szmolinsky will be flown in to help really set up a farm for breeding.

In February of 2007, about five or six months later, Szmolinsky gets a call from a North Korean official canceling that trip. Why? Because, Szmolinsky believes, Kim couldn't resist... and ate the giant rabbits to celebrate his birthday.
                                                                                                                        3. State textbooks claim Jong-il does not produce urine or feces

4. Jong-il long claimed to be the world's greatest golfer. In 1994, Pyongyang media reported that he shot 38 under par on a regulation 18-hole golf course, including 5 holes in one.

5. As the World Festival of Youth and Students approached in 1989, Jong-il had disabled residents removed from Pyongyang. The government also distributed pamphlets that touted a wonder drug that cures shortness. He then sent the short people who responded to a series of uninhabited islands, in the hopes of ridding his nation of "imperfect" genes.

6. He imprisoned relatives of convicts because he is convinced "the stain of criminality" persists for three generations.

7. The leader had a fear of flying, so he had lobsters airlifted onto his armored train — presumably the same train he died on — when he traveled.

8. Jong-il was Hennessy's biggest single client in 1993 and 1994, spending $850,000 annually on the cognac.

9. In 1978, Jong-il had South Korean filmmaker Shin Sang-ok kidnapped and held captive with his wife for 8 years, forcing the couple to produce propaganda movies for him. He'd take an executive producer credit on all of them. One was a blatant ripoff of Godzilla called Pulgasari, about the evils of capitalism. The couple eventually escaped during a location shoot in Austria. Jong-il later instructed his Ministry of Culture to "make more cartoons."

10. Kijong-Dong is a city built in the 1950s by Kim's father, set on the border as an example to South Korea of their superiority. No one lives there, but every effort was made to make it function like an actual city. The buildings have no glass in the windows and no rooms: They are just concrete shells. It's also home to the world's largest flagpole.

Comment

Paying a premium for something I like and which I feel is slightly unique clothing wise branded or otherwise is generally something I am more than willing to do but for a fucking Polo shirt ? They are one of the most generic pieces of shit clothing known to man. I don't think I have ever seen someone wearing a polo shirt and thought he looks well dressed.

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X