Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This baby seems to have a life philosophy down already.

June 20, 2012: Woot! 1,000,000 views! I should be embarassed... eh, fuck it. ___________________________________I like to think this inspired the swearing ...

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
      This baby seems to have a life philosophy down already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDOHEWMXXyk
      lol I can remember trying to to swear & any time I said fuck I quickly said book, where is that book

Comment

Planted grass seed today.

Obv needed a scarecrow.

SPOILER

Should work

Comment

Does anyone know how long confirmation on Rakeback FTW usually takes for poker770? Been waiting 2 days now and was wondering if that's standard or should I send them aan email?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
            Would a google result do? or do you want to have permission?

Google images throws up plenty of stuff like this.
            I thought they might be something other than stock photos, like they were from certain companies which sold ones one could modify with one's own text on signs they hold and stuff.

I've been thinking about the issue of stock photos recently. How could a stock photo company know that an image you have on your site was bought on licence from them or downloaded from another site that bought it? Do they have a way of using unique digital watermarks on their downloads or something?

I don't mind paying a few quid for stock photos, but I'm so used to getting copyrighted films, shows, books, audio, and software for free that paying for a photo almost seems unethical

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
              Does anyone know how long confirmation on Rakeback FTW usually takes for poker770? Been waiting 2 days now and was wondering if that's standard or should I send them aan email?
              It takes a few days alright but you can go ahead and play because it will be tracked iirc. if you have a question you can pm IanMc on here as he owns it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                Cher Llyod's new single

It's called 'Swagger Jagger' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbyG...ature=youtu.be

god help us
                this has to be the worst post i ever came across on the interwebs

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  I thought they might be something other than stock photos, like they were from certain companies which sold ones one could modify with one's own text on signs they hold and stuff.

I've been thinking about the issue of stock photos recently. How could a stock photo company know that an image you have on your site was bought on licence from them or downloaded from another site that bought it? Do they have a way of using unique digital watermarks on their downloads or something?

I don't mind paying a few quid for stock photos, but I'm so used to getting copyrighted films, shows, books, audio, and software for free that paying for a photo almost seems unethical
                  Oh,I see what you mean.My employers ran a safety campaign here in work which used similar images on their posters,I know they had to use a graphic design company.I'm sure we have a few experts that will be able to give you better info.

Have you seen this website? Seems like a pretty good offer...

Get a free website for your business
                  Getting your business online couldn't be easier.

Google, Blacknight, An Post and the County and City Enterprise Boards have come together to create Getting Irish Business Online. We're taking the time, hassle and cost out of getting a website so that you can get on with running your business.

Here's what you'll get:

Free easy to update website
                  Free .ie .eu .biz or .com domain for first year
                  Ongoing tips and education
                  AdWords €100 trial with expert phone support
                  I'm not sure what hoops they'll want you to jump through on sign-up but it might be helpful.
                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

@Icarus,

are you playing this evening.

Think I shall make a rare live appearance.
                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                      @Icarus,

are you playing this evening.

Think I shall make a rare live appearance.
                      What the dickens? BP making a comeback? afraid I'm out on the streets tonight old buddy old pal but we'll have to meet up with a few accountants soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                        What the dickens? BP making a comeback? afraid I'm out on the streets tonight old buddy old pal but we'll have to meet up with a few accountants soon.
                        Sure cards aren't in the air until 8

Funnily enough I did meet an accountant a while back... but that's enough said about that
                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

@ tylerdurden94

Sorry about running out on the Fifa yesterday. Had to head out just as the games were getting great.
                          Not to worry man, had a few crazy games in the last day or so, always seemed to hovering around the 3000 mark but have now managed to get up to 3300 so fingers crossed I can keep it up.

Seen a weird glitch as well yesterday, some dude picked Man Utd but was in the Irish kit. Been having a few good battles with coillcam in the last while.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Met Herc from the wire last night

Is that really him? Doesn't look like it to me.
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                            Not to worry man, had a few crazy games in the last day or so, always seemed to hovering around the 3000 mark but have now managed to get up to 3300 so fingers crossed I can keep it up.

Seen a weird glitch as well yesterday, some dude picked Man Utd but was in the Irish kit. Been having a few good battles with coillcam in the last while.

Yeah coillcam is a beast alright. Hammered me in one session but the last one I think I won all the games

Getting slowly better at Fifa.

Edit: Live poker in the Voodoo.... fuck it, might as well.
                            Last edited by MegaSin; 02-07-11, 17:24.

Comment

@ ZUUTROY
                              i was in waterford yesterday and spotted this
                              SPOILER
                              [IMG][/IMG]
                              you left it to late mate
                              Last edited by Angry-Ball; 02-07-11, 17:56.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

The SE monthly game be on tomorrow yeah? Just haven't seen a thread for it

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                  The SE monthly game be on tomorrow yeah? Just haven't seen a thread for it
                                  I assume so, you heading in? I probably will...
                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                    Must stop playing PLO tournies. Always end up super tilted
                                    Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                    yep hate that too
                                    were ye in the 55 game on stars was it? had free ticket for last week?

my exit was tilting too. AAQ2 double suited in pre pre for a 4k pot vs 4567 on a great flop for me with k109 and my flush draw so he only had 3 Eights for the gutshot. out on that 3 outer.

STARS.. is stars running slow on logging in and loading the games lobby for anyone else.
                                    I downloaded it again for any updates but its going really slow for me. It was ok earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                      I assume so, you heading in? I probably will...
                                      Yeah should be, so that should give you added incentive

Comment

If I get that 'server error' message one more time I'm going to launch an attack on the internet.

More
                                        Tilting
                                        Than
                                        A
                                        One
                                        Outer
                                        On
                                        The
                                        River

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          Do people win much from staking here in general? I know people do it as there's often overlay in tourneys but you have to balance that with the fact your only going to get rubbish players applying for those small stakes(no offence).
                                          Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          I can never figure out whether it is dumber to be offering them or taking them
                                          Fair enough, I enjoy the community spirit but I'd rather donate money to a worthwile charity rather than an IPB small stakes grinder.
                                          Pretty funny to add in "no offense" when you've obviously offended pretty much every person that has applied for small stakes! If someone is offering a $5 or $11 stake to a tournament, just because you apply for it, doesn't mean you are rubbish. I know lone poster with a roll of <$500 who are is nitty, he don't play $11 tournaments. I have stakes him, and would gladly stake him again many times

I've been staked into the Sunday Million a couple of times, and played some $55 tournies as stakes. I've made bohsman over 100% profit on a SNG staking experiment and also returned Connie a healthy profit from another staking opportunity. I'd apply for any stake that's outside my BR on any site and i'd do it if i was site busto and fancied a spin. I'd also be fairly confident that i'd get the staker a return or else i wouldn't waste mine or his time.

I've staked a lot of people into tournaments over the last couple of years, and i wouldn't call any of them rubbish players or donkeys. We don't have to pick anybody. I don't think i've ever chosen a losing player to play a stake for me. I know you specified small stakes, but small means different things to folks. To take Dice as an example. He's a pretty big winner in MTTS and i've seen him offer $84 stakes and play a $2 stake. He's far from rubbish and done that for the community aspect and a bit of craic.

I agree that some of the smaller stakes to attract people who's majority of posts come in the Staking forum, but almost everyone puts up a link to their stats and not all are losers and you can also say no if you don't fancy staking someone. Don't agree at all with you tarnishing everyone with the same brush tho. It's pretty lol tbh

Comment

Going well enough in that Saturday $50 omaha 3/36.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                              Going well enough in that Saturday $50 omaha 3/36.
                                              niceone. i tryed logging on a half hour ago to check how you were doing in that and the staked game. but my stars isnt working right. I posted a few post up about it. slow for anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                niceone. i tryed logging on a half hour ago to check how you were doing in that and the staked game. but my stars isnt working right. I posted a few post up about it. slow for anyone else?
                                                I'm on the bubble in the second of the staked games.

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                                                  Any decent tourney on tonight withan an hour or so of Limerick?
                                                  Have to stay in so

Comment

need writing help!
                                                    Here's where I have gotten to today in my writing, but not sure what can happen to him on the way to hospital. any suggestions?

BTW, wall of text below the spoiler.

SPOILER
                                                    At first, Phil wasn't able to open his eyes. his head was pounding, but over that, there was a very acute pain in his temple. As he tried to remember what had happened, he attempted opening his eyes. The bright light triggered a memory, another bright flash that preceeded him being knocked back and unconcious. As he closed his eyes again he remembered what had happened. The microwave had exploded. He'd left a fork in a Pot Noodle he tried eating earlier realising just how foul it was sober, he had put it on his kitchen counter, intending to throw it out. On his return from the pub he'd fistpumped triumphantly when he had seen it and had put the savoury snack into the microwave to warm up. How long ago he had put it in the microwave and how long he had put it on for he wasn't sure of. He'd sat at his small kitchen table watching the pot noodle rotate on the microwave dish, before drifting off asleep.
                                                    The pain in his head was getting worse. He slowly reached towards his temple, and as his fingers reached the edge of the jagged peice of metal which was now embedded in his skull, a somewhat familiar voice said "i wouldn't do that if I were you".
                                                    Phil paused. He didn't remember inviting any of the guys back to the house, and was fairly sure he'd pushed the door closed when he had come in. He wondered if the microwave had blown a hole in the wall, or if his neighbours had called the police.
                                                    "there's a 6 inch jagged piece of metal stuck through the side of your head. You're losing a fair bit of blood and you're lucky to be alive."
                                                    "how did you get in here, officer?"
                                                    "I'm not a police officer, Phil, although you may remember learning I was in the Special Forces"
                                                    Phil opened his eyes. Leaning over his body was Bear Grylls in a yellow and blue North Face parka.
                                                    Phil tried to form a sentence, but settled for a grunt and started to sit up. It was then he noticed how much blood was starting to cake to his skin and on the lino surrounding him that he felt himself start to go again.
                                                    "Easy does it now, don't need you falling over again" said Bear, as Phil sat himself down at the kitchen table. the smouldering remains of his microwave were still in the corner, with pieces of the shattered glass strewn across the floor.

“how did you get in?” asked Phil, again reaching for the piece of metal

“You brought me here, and don't touch that! If you take it out by yourself, you risk bleeding to death much quicker than you are doing now”

“ah, ok Bear” replied Phil “but how did you get here? I don't recall meeting you tonight, nor do I even think I've met you before. Do you live local?”

“no phil, you brought me here, but I'm not actually here. I'm just the way your brain is coping with the emergency of being in an explosion and having a big piece of metal stuck in it.”

“should I not be dead?”

“Possibly”, said Bear, as he kneeled down to catch a small silverfish that was scuttling across the floor.

Bear put it into his mouth, and bit down on it.

“seriously, what the f..”

“As I said, I'm not Here. You think I'm Here, and what I do is a construct of your imagination and expectation of what you would expect the real Bear Grylls to do. I'm simply a meme, the smallest atomic unit dtored in the mind that can be socially transmitted and reproduced. Everything I do and say is based on things you have seen me do and things you already know. I can't tell you anything new, or anything you didn't already know”.

“how do I know all this then?” Phil asked, “this isn't anything I learned at school?”

“no, most of what i have told you was on a BBC2 documentary about memetics at 3.30am after a party at Sarahs where you ate those brownies. You stared at the screen for the duration of the documentary then went to bed too confused to remember what you had seen.”

“but how do I remember it now”

“becasue your brain still stored teh information, it got transferred to your long term memory you just haven't had a need to remember it yet. It's like how people win pub quizzes”

“Google?”

“No, memory. Anyway, we're losing time, we have to get moving”

“to where?”

“Hospital of course, while you still have enough blood to get oxygen to your brain, once that starts to be deprived, you can't be certain of what will happen”

“why can't I be certain?”

“because you don't know. You spent most of the first aid course in work staring out the window and daydreaming about quad bikes”

Phil steadied himself. “why can't we call an ambulance?” he asked.

“Because you've left it in the pub, on the way home. You just haven't conciously realised it yet.”

“Ah, ok, that's good to know, i think...”

Phil stood up slowly, and made his way to the front door. Picking his keys up from the floor where he had dropped them, unlocked his front door and stumbled out into the night.
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Do people win much from staking here in general? I know people do it as there's often overlay in tourneys but you have to balance that with the fact your only going to get rubbish players applying for those small stakes(no offence).
                                                      Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      I can never figure out whether it is dumber to be offering them or taking them

Lads, the staking in general done on here is not done in a "win only" type of way. I sometimes stake players, and I sometimes apply to play a stake thats up in the staking forum.
                                                      I can comfortably play any on them games myself on my own account if I so wish. But I enjoy the craic during the staking, and I definately put more thought into marginal spots when Im playing with some-one elses money. Its definately a help in keeping a player focussed, especially in a loooooong game.

The community aspect of it has to be taken into consideration as well. Its a bit of fun for both the staker and the stakee, with a chance of cashing for some $'s at the end of it.

Connie

Edited to say that I dont take any offence from your throwaway comment, but Im sure theres loads of the lads that apply that will be offended.
                                                      Last edited by connie147; 02-07-11, 18:03.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                        If I get that 'server error' message one more time I'm going to launch an attack on the internet.

ask corbett imo
                                                        he could probably fix it, seeing as though he owns the interwebzzzzz

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                            ask corbett imo
                                                            he could probably fix it, seeing as though he owns the interwebzzzzz
                                                            Its Alderney trying to pull the plug.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                              @ ZUUTROY
                                                              i was in waterford yesterday and spotted this
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              [IMG][/IMG]
                                                              you left it to late mate
                                                              Is that real?!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                Is that real?!
                                                                100%. not

The real name is in a bigger banner underneath the sign.

Comment

Need some BBV help.

My column is being changed in Bluff Europe. Its going to be a sort of wicked whispers/gossip column.

I need a title for the column.

Something like "Corbett confidential" but a little less pants.

I will award the winner with a mention on my facebook status.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                    Need some BBV help.

My column is being changed in Bluff Europe. Its going to be a sort of wicked whispers/gossip column.

the sharp cut.

Comment

Corbett's Corner

Corbett's Careless Whispers

MegaTron gets fucking real.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                        the sharp cut.
                                                                        he obv wants his name mentioned so as to help own the internet!!

Megatrons mentions . . .
                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

As a player who's backed full time I'll give my opinion on the staking thing tomorrow before i start the Sunday grind. Obv my situation is completely different from random one off stakes but maybe some of you would like to hear about long term staking in general and my experience in it. I'm in the pub on my phone right now but will try write something up tomorrow provided I'm not completely in bits hungover.

Edit: I know sad reading IPB in the pub but only so much i can listen to the GF
                                                                          Last edited by chips1234; 02-07-11, 18:29.

Comment

Need some BBV help.

Cor Blimey.

Comment

the Hansomest man in Dundalk, Ciaran Corbett presents: Kiss and Tell

Comment

Corbett gets down and dirty

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                  the sharp cut.
                                                                                  Lol,misread this as 'the sharp c*nt'.So I'm gonna go with my version.

Corbett:Sharp C*nt.

Comment

"Needless to say, I had the last laugh" by ciaran corbett

Comment

Corb Your Enthusiasm.

edit:
                                                                                      And the pic they put beside your column should be something like.
                                                                                      SPOILER

Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 02-07-11, 19:10.

Comment

Cor Bets.

Comment

Klitschko to knock Haye the fuck out please.

Comment

Corbett goes south imo

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                              Klitschko to knock Haye the fuck out please.
                                                                                              Too long and it doesnt mention his name.

Comment

I see the Euro Millions wasn't won. Methinks it's about time we got a syndicate going again and shipped the mofo!

Any interest and I'll start a thread(prob tomorrow because I'm going out shortly)?

Is there just one draw on Fridays for it?

Comment

Euromillions is now Tuesdays and Fridays.
                                                                                                  I will be scooping the lot.

I'm not even going to wake up the creative part of my brain, get a real prize imo.
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Not much point so, sigh...

Comment

boyles going 8/13 klitshcko in the shops
                                                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Does Atari Poker in Santry still exist?

Comment

Anyone got a stream for the fight?

Comment

GTFO BUS

Train crashes into school bus. School bus parked on tracks and a train hits it.Trem bate em ônibus escolar. Ônibus escolar estacionado em trilhos e um trem b...
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

What time are we expecting the haye/klitchsco fight to start at 10/half 10 ??

Comment

Yeah coillcam is a beast alright. Hammered me in one session but the last one I think I won all the games

Getting slowly better at Fifa.

Edit: Live poker in the Voodoo.... fuck it, might as well.
                                                                                                                I doubt I will ever be able to pick up the tricks in the game he does just go with what I know.

Need some BBV help.

WWCCD
                                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Final table 4/9 great seat all the big stacks to my right.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    Cher Llyod's new single

It's called 'Swagger Jagger' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdbyG...ature=youtu.be

god help us
                                                                                                                    Why is she carrying a boombox while listening to an Ipod?

also, cannot wait for the WW24 review thread, im going to tear a certain someone a new one.

Anyone want to buy a % of me in a live tourney tomorrow?
                                                                                                                    Its a €120 buy in for a 3k gtd in clonmel (Ned Kellys)
                                                                                                                    I deal in there most nights, play a small bit. got my ticket in for coming 3rd out of 17 players a few weeks ago.
                                                                                                                    Played in the Bank in Cork twice this year, 50 quid freezeout, won the first time, 3rd person busted the 2nd night!
                                                                                                                    Just posting here due to the previous staking comments, I know its the wrong thread technically. Although, tbh, I wouldn't talk to anyone that didn't post in here!
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The Corbett Chronicle or Corbett's Chronicle
                                                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                                                        Final table 4/9 great seat all the big stacks to my right.
                                                                                                                        Ugh just tuned in for your exit, sick. Wp anyway, nice return for 55 quid

Comment

Meh 7th
                                                                                                                          I'm shit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X