X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mocata View Post
    Rang and booked there now, cheers for heads up
    excellent. no doubt it'll be good but really hope it's exceptional. let us know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
      Because the definition of being Catholic is belonging to and believing in the Catholic interpretation of the Christian books of faith as well as the writings of the Patristic Fathers of the Church. Not believing in them precludes one, by definition, from being Catholic.
      That's the definition of being a practicing catholic,not of being Catholic.Once you're in,you can't get out.That's from the church itself,the authority on these matters.

In other words,if you're baptised,you're always a catholic. Unless you get excomunicated,and I wouldn't be surprised if you're still some way tied in even then.
      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Thats what I really despise about it. In my heart and soul I genuinely believe that there isn't a single human with a basic level of education and of critical faculty who actually buys the whole Roman Catholic dogma.
        Expand that to all religion and faith based dogma and I'd agree with u

Comment

If a company asks you to come in "for a chat and to talk more specifically about the role" after an initial interview is it ok to ask about salary during that meeting?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
            If a company asks you to come in "for a chat and to talk more specifically about the role" after an initial interview is it ok to ask about salary during that meeting?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              The man, the myth, the legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wfcUVi7dFI
              I tried to score tickets to this last week have a decent contact but he couldn't rustle some up seems it was a very sought after gig

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
              Watched it myself last night in cineworld. Screen2. Wondering now where you there as well. Very good documentary as well. Loved the little ads in the middle.
              I went to see it in the afternoon but was in the same screen, its actually a decent screen I like the sloped and high seating so you don't get some giant goon with a fro in front of you blocking your view.

Went to see Texas Killing Fields today, was a bit of a jumbled mess not really sure to make of it didn't really enjoy it but thought it seemed interesting from the trailer and cast.

In the Texas bayous, a local homicide detective teams up with a cop from New York City to investigate a series of unsolved murders.Come and check out some of...
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

jools holland was decent the other night. I don't get Bon Iver at all tho; edit sound aint brilliant there i see

Last edited by ghostface; 20-10-11, 20:08.

Comment

rovers nick a goal...
                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Shepchenko!!! get in

Comment

FLUSHDRAW YOU GOT MAIL
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Apparently Rovers would earn more for a single win in the Europa league than for winning the League of Ireland. Makes you wonder why they've left some of their better players on the bench tonight.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Apparently Rovers would earn more for a single win in the Europa league than for winning the League of Ireland. Makes you wonder why they've left some of their better players on the bench tonight.
                          because they want to make sure they get another shot at it next year?
                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Your right about the money being more.

Winning League is the priority though, dollars or no dollars.

Other fucked up thing is that Mr Delaney gets x3 more than the club who wins the league does.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                              Because the definition of being Catholic is belonging to and believing in the Catholic interpretation of the Christian books of faith as well as the writings of the Patristic Fathers of the Church. Not believing in them precludes one, by definition, from being Catholic.

SPOILER
                              The following is an imperfect metaphor
                              I can be a member of the FAI or FIFA (I am technically a member of both) and dislike John Delaney and Sepp Blatter and wholeheartedly disagree with the lack of video technology but I cannot remain a member of those organisations if I choose not to obey the offside rule or if I choose to carry the ball in my arms. I can't simply walk out onto the pitch and ignore the fundamental rules.

Similarly with Catholicism, to truly be a Catholic you need to believe in transubstantiation, the resurrection, the Holy Trinity, no sex before marriage, homosexual intercourse as a violation of divine and natural law, wearing condoms being sinful, absolutely no abortion or capital punishment and so on.

On a more practical level Catholics are required to attend Mass at least once a week and perform good deeds as a means of reaching heaven. Saying that you only go now and then means you are not following the teachings of the Catholic faith.
                              No religious doctrine is ever, or has ever been rigid. It's impossible for every adherent to a religion to have the same interpretation of scripture. Over time you can see huge changes, but even if time were to stand still each religion is so enormously complex that no two believers are likely to believe EXACTLY the same thing regarding every possible religious rule. Sure some religions are more flexible than others, but if you follow the logic that you aren't a catholic because you disagree with some of their recent teachings, then really no-one at all is a catholic unless they keep up to date with every single pronouncement on every matter no matter how trivial.

Also, since no Religion stands still, it seems bizarre to think that a person shouldn't be able to foresee future changes in the interpretations and follow them, without effectively excommunicating themselves (I realise I'm using that word incorrectly!). For example lets say you manage to realise the world isn't flat before the Catholic church cops on, are you not a Catholic in the intervening period? What if you oversee a new speech the pope is going to make before he makes it and it becomes infallable law.

The fact is that its a totally subjective & arbitary distinction; and as such it really has to be a personal matter. (Also there is the aside that in the matter of choosing what imaginery set of self serving beliefs you are going to pretend to live your life to, does it really matter?)

As for the Fifa example, I play football several times a week and none of the game use the offside law. I'm still playing soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                because they want to make sure they get another shot at it next year?
                                Well it would be a pretty spectacular league collapse if they don't at least get a Europa league qualification spot next year. Just a bit of a shame for the lads that killed themselves to make such a huge tournament by their standards to be left on the bench because the management are worried about a league game in a few days. Realistically most of them will probably never play in a major European competition again.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

My views on Catholicism, I dont go to mass as I couldnt be arsed and I was brought up that way, my dad is an Atheist, he thinks its religion is totally ridiculous ! my mother is a non practising catholic like most I guess!

My daughters go to convents , they have been baptised , communion etc, I only did this because it has to be done for their sake to fit in, it would look stupid imo when communion /confirmation day comes up and they are not involved.

I wont say I dont believe in a god, as im not too sure tbh whats up there/out there, often wonder how can there be a God for each different religion , i find it weird.

Ill be totally honest here and im sure there are alot of you the same, If im in dire straights and need some help , funnily enough when in bed i pray to god/mary, dead aunts, uncles, grandparents etc, to please help me if ye can, lol other than that religion doesnt enter my head, why because its downright boring!
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Well it would be a pretty spectacular league collapse if they don't at least get a Europa league qualification spot next year. Just a bit of a shame for the lads that killed themselves to make such a huge tournament by their standards to be left on the bench because the management are worried about a league game in a few days. Realistically most of them will probably never play in a major European competition again.
                                    2 legs no?
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      2 legs no?
                                      Nah it's a group with 4 teams and they all play each other home and away, so 6 games total and top two qualify.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

JPM now best priced 4/11
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

My Rovers mate says that MON decided a while ago to give everyone in the squad their taste of European football as a reward for getting there.

Comment

All the God talk reminds me of a joke gallagher told during the last word debate, went something like this when he was asked does he belive in God.

Fellow dies and is greated at the pearly gates by st.peter, peter says to him come in i will give you the tour, over there he says are the jews, further down are the muslims, on this side you have the buddists and over there you have the catholics, you have to keep your voice down around them he says, they think they are the only ones in here.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Anyone looking for good halloween idea

SPOILER

sorry don't know how to resize
                                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                              http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

jaysus that pic is massive, thought she was gonna bite me
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
                                                  Anyone looking for good halloween idea

SPOILER

sorry don't know how to resize
                                                  Zuutroph will be disappointed that you don't remember that from more than 2 years ago.
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                    FLUSHDRAW YOU GOT MAIL
                                                    Michelle.. I got bad bad news for you.

I am coming to Dublin so you can forget your wee PM and arrangements as ye are not getting the roide off MY man this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                      No religious doctrine is ever, or has ever been rigid. It's impossible for every adherent to a religion to have the same interpretation of scripture. Over time you can see huge changes, but even if time were to stand still each religion is so enormously complex that no two believers are likely to believe EXACTLY the same thing regarding every possible religious rule. Sure some religions are more flexible than others, but if you follow the logic that you aren't a catholic because you disagree with some of their recent teachings, then really no-one at all is a catholic unless they keep up to date with every single pronouncement on every matter no matter how trivial.

As for the Fifa example, I play football several times a week and none of the game use the offside law. I'm still playing soccer.
                                                      I wasn't speaking about new beliefs or changeable ones, I am talking about core doctrine. Leave aside condoms etc and just take transubstantiation and the holy trinity, or even just transubstantiation, and most if not all professed "Catholics" don't believe in that absolutely fundamental tenet of Catholic dogma. That unerring, unchanging element of the philosophy is simply disregarded by people who actually believe in something more akin to consubstantiation, a Protestant belief.

Your football riposte is actually a perfect example of my point. You are playing soccer, but by your own rules. In my metaphor you'd be Christian, not Catholic. You accept some of the rules but ignore the ones that don't suit you. Can't do that in a FIFA sanctioned game, only if you operate outside their remit.
                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Tasting menus are a bunch of bullshit. A relic of the celtic tiger. You dont want too many different meats in the gut. Make your choice of mains like a man and none of this hedging sh!t.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                            For example lets say you manage to realise the world isn't flat before the Catholic church cops on, are you not a Catholic in the intervening period?
                                                            Surely it makes the most sense to leave before that!

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                              Not unless salary expectations are mentioned. If the next meeting doesn't mention it and they offer you the job, then is the time to talk about it. You should generally have an idea of it anyhow when you apply for the job I assume, at least a range of the salary potentially on offer. It's generally not great practice for you to bring it up unsolicited.

Comment

Some pics from Breaking Bad wrap parties, fucking awesome

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

FM 2012 just installed from Steam.

Goodbye life

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                    That picture, and this one has created a photoshop thread on 2+2. Some lols inside

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                      That picture, and this one has created a photoshop thread on 2+2. Some lols inside

One thing that really annoys me about 2p2 is that idiots post for the sake of saying 'posting on epic thread, lol' or similar shit. What fucking planet do they think this is important on ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                        One thing that really annoys me about 2p2 is that idiots post for the sake of saying 'posting on epic thread, lol' or similar shit. What fucking planet do they think this is important on ffs.
                                                                        +1

I don't read 2+2. Just saw Duthie link this on his own Facebook

The odd time i browsed 2+2, i've always thought that if they brought in a thanks button, the place would explode.

Comment

Saying that, some of the shops in that thread already are excellent.

Comment

Not unless salary expectations are mentioned. If the next meeting doesn't mention it and they offer you the job, then is the time to talk about it. You should generally have an idea of it anyhow when you apply for the job I assume, at least a range of the salary potentially on offer. It's generally not great practice for you to bring it up unsolicited.
                                                                            Yeah - be careful on this. I would tend not raise it if you feel toward the end of the interview that there is a further interview process. They might ask you if you have any questions, if so it would be safe enough to say something like the following "Given where we are in the interview process, when would be an appropriate time to discuss the remuneration package for this role". That way you are raising the point (nothing wrong with that btw) but in a way that allows them to postpone the discussion if they wish.

It would be very unusual for them to offer you a job if remuneration has not been discussed but I suppose anything is possible these days...

Comment

We really need a photoshop thread of our own IMO.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmkVWuP_sO0 the new shining
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                  I'd say there are very few people who are either good enough at photoshop or will put in the effort. We have a few who will do some scrawling on it in paint, but that's not quite the same thing to be honest.

Comment

I'd say there are very few people who are either good enough at photoshop or will put in the effort. We have a few who will do some scrawling on it in paint, but that's not quite the same thing to be honest.
                                                                                    Very true,probably.I only have the 'vertus play with pictures' thing we all got for free ages ago.I might write to my cousin about getting photoshop.Wouldn't mind taking a shot every now and then.

Comment

1/4 in the iwf sat 3 seats and 40 quid for 4th 1 time please

Comment

A reminder to all with FB accounts please vote ProNutz poker in this cooking comp.

Just click like. He's currently second place, 40 off the lead with 716 votes. Need some good old fashioned BBV rigging of the vote

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                          1/4 in the iwf sat 3 seats and 40 quid for 4th 1 time please
                                                                                          That's a chunky bubble, glgl.
                                                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Really enjoying American Horror Story at the moment, one of the best new shows this Fall season imo.

Would recomend to anyone who hasnt got their eyes around it yet !
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                              That's a chunky bubble, glgl.
                                                                                              ship ship

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                Thats fantastic !!

On the pay thing being discussed during an interview, call me old fashioned but it should be the first question when they ask, have you any questions, afterall, why else would you want to move jobs, its for better pay ffs.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                  ship ship
                                                                                                  Good stuff!

Comment

Very true,probably.I only have the 'vertus play with pictures' thing we all got for free ages ago.I might write to my cousin about getting photoshop.Wouldn't mind taking a shot every now and then.
                                                                                                    Gimp (how appropriate) is freeware...
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Stars plo flippage anyone ?
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                        Good stuff!
                                                                                                        sweet as in for 21 euro

Comment

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                            Gimp (how appropriate) is freeware...
                                                                                                            Heh,that looks like the job,Ty.

Comment

lmao

Comment

padraig888 Padraig Parkinson

Gadaffi has unregistered from Day 1A of IPO.Some greedy bastard has nailed the bounty before kick off.Very poor form imo
                                                                                                                .

Comment

Havent visited this place in ages so this might have been posted recently - QWOP 100m race - it had me in stitches:

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                    Thats fantastic !!

On the pay thing being discussed during an interview, call me old fashioned but it should be the first question when they ask, have you any questions, afterall, why else would you want to move jobs, its for better pay ffs.
                                                                                                                    There are actually so many coming out! It is brilliant!

My favourite is this but thought it might be biased as I like dumb and dumber haha(there is also drama and other recuts but I prefer this)

https://www.facebook.com/PopMaltWhat if Lloyd Christmas wasn't ok with his one in a million odds? What if he wasn't ok with this at all? Watch the adrenaline...
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Movie time, X-Men.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

I've ssid hat for ages
                                                                                                                        I'd say there are very few people who are either good enough at photoshop or will put in the effort.
                                                                                                                        You don't have to be remotely good at photoshop to do that, the quality in the duthie are 'shops thrown together pretty quickly.

Comment

have suddenly become a fan of universitario - they made me money the last game and tonight I am freerolling for just under €200(definitely freerolling, I have learned).

Playing shocking but like Arsenal they shall sneak the 1-0 victory - this game = me 100% going to manchester derby

COME ON PERU!!
                                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X