This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    keep your Monday morning perkiness to yourself tyvm, my hopes and dreams have been dashed by a Gay

and then I backed Kilkenny before watching the Munster final
    It was always destined to end in a gay defeat, Norris would have beaten her even if she'd beaten Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      It was always destined to end in a gay defeat, Norris would have beaten her even if she'd beaten Mitchell.
      7/4 Mickey D
      7/4 Gay
      9/4 The Real Gay

value eh?

I will be voting for The Real Gay but don't really care anymore, I am a broken man.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

keep your Monday morning perkiness to yourself tyvm, my hopes and dreams have been dashed by a Gay

and then I backed Kilkenny before watching the Munster final
        Your KK bet is still good.

Gay was an extraordinary choice, far and away the least electable of the three. Wants to run as a 'Christian' (i.e. Knights of Columbanus type catholic) I really thought Cox would have got it probably would have in a HU against either of the other two but Party games out did him.

If Mitchell does get into the Park he will kill the office as he is completely incapable of being apolitical at any level and will not be able to keep his mouth shut about anything.

FF might be tempted to run Crowley now, even if he doesn't come close to winning he will pick up a lot of votes getting some people back in the habit of ticking a name that has a FF label attached and by splitting the mainstream vote will leave the door wide open for presumably Michael D.
        There is another scenario that could come down to a morals battle between Gay and Gayer that Mitchell would win*, but I think Michael D and the doubts about getting a nomination have killed Norris's prospects.

* Win at the polls only obv he would be destroyed in the real argument.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          Your KK bet is still good.

Gay was an extraordinary choice, far and away the least electable of the three. Wants to run as a 'Christian' (i.e. Knights of Columbanus type catholic) I really thought Cox would have got it probably would have in a HU against either of the other two but Party games out did him.

If Mitchell does get into the Park he will kill the office as he is completely incapable of being apolitical at any level and will not be able to keep his mouth shut about anything.

FF might be tempted to run Crowley now, even if he doesn't come close to winning he will pick up a lot of votes getting some people back in the habit of ticking a name that has a FF label attached and by splitting the mainstream vote will leave the door wide open for presumably Michael D.
          There is another scenario that could come down to a morals battle between Gay and Gayer that Mitchell would win*, but I think Michael D and the doubts about getting a nomination have killed Norris's prospects.

* Win at the polls only obv he would be destroyed in the real argument.
          you know, I've just realised that I haven't a clue what the rules are in a Presidential election (don't think I've ever voted in one)

is it STV or what?

Comment

Boooommm.
            No more?

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Norris will beat the Gay.
              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

malarkey in Mayo

love this line:

O’Boyle admitted that his financial situation was ‘up and down’, and he pointed out that his wife ‘was very demanding; she had expensive tastes’
                V for Vendetta, don't be hiding the Beemer in the hayshed!

Comment

Kindle owners is it worth it for the free 3G, is it totally free 3G btw? My housemate told me it was something to do with buying books you get free credits or something which didn't make much sense.

Comment

Tiger Woods has booked the world’s media to make a “special announcement” later today. He has already pulled out of the Open so I wonder what this will be? I hope he's not going to enter the Irish presidential race.
                    Should be interesting. RIP C-Kid if Tigerrrrr retires.

Comment

The belief that the wearing of garments designed in a certain fashion should lend the wearer decency, authority, respect or other such qualities is absurd. People who support absurdities or crave uniformity are not to be trusted.

They should dress like this in any respectable parliament surely

Or maybe like this

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Gay Mitchell appeared at a Lisbon referendum debate held in my workplace.

When he was asked why other countries didn't have a referendum, he gave a few examples then came out with this peach

"Germany didn't have a referendum, and don't want a referendum because the last time they had a referendum they voted for Hitler."
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          For those not at Oxegen, this is the quality of stuff that we are missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZFZ3JesBcw
                          apparantly did one song to an audience of ten then fucked off.

Btw, was offline most of the weekend, followed Dice's advice and went on the beer, went and stayed there till early this morning.
                          So I might be waffling and replying to long dead topics for a while till I catch up
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                            Firstly, my profession has had the same basic dress code since 1750 so you really think my take on this is surprising?

The day Mick Wallace does a stitch of work for Wexford or Ireland is the day I'll take his position seriously. As for calling me elitist you're totally out of line. People wear suits to the Dail because it is our national parliament where our elected representatives go to do our business. It is a place for serious work and should be accorded the appropriate respect. Appealing to the lowest common denominator is not a good thing. Mandella wore a suit to work, so did Martin Luther King. Are you saying they only dressed to serve the people who dressed like them? Don't be so ridiculous.

Oh and by the way, the politicians are there to serve the elites as well as the "common man". They are there to serve everyone.
                            thanks for succently addressing a point I was attempting to make while drunk yesterday.
                            I got as far as it's playing into their hands, theyve done fuck all and was met with the righteous indignation of the common man
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
                              Captain Morgans with club orange?!?! That's like mixing Guinness with red lemonade to create a shandy(!)

On the brandy here. Neat over ice... its the last night of my 'holiday'; back to work on Monday

Meh!
                              Havign been a fan of morgans and coke, then morgans and club orange
                              morgans and ginger ale is where the next level is

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                Havign been a fan of morgans and coke, then morgans and club orange
                                morgans and ginger ale is where the next level is
                                The correct level is drinking the stuff with ice and no mixer it's sweet enough already. Super splits are the worst though, filthy things.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                  Took a big chunk out of the SE and then went to the Jackpot when the SE kicked us out. Was up pretty decent in the jacpot too when I got it all in v a shorty. My bag of bollix v his middle set. River gets dealt and I claim top set. he throws cards towards dealer and I go to muck until he cops this and lunges over to turn over his cards. Fair play I dont make a deal about it because its only 40 quid. He then proceeds to go south and carry on. Nobody says anything but I just stand up and leave because Im not arsed dealing with that kinda scum

wow.
                                  Glad you got eaten in WW

Comment

Ok, this is proof we were all levelled. The interviewer can't believe his ears.
                                    Nobody is that delusional

http://www.rte.ie/ten/ Alan Corr caught up with Amanda Brunker after her debut performance at Oxegen, hear how she got on...For more go to: http://www.rte.ie...

Comment

wow.
                                      Glad you got eaten in WW
                                      yeah, WTF? I assume drink was involved

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hb0w4uprkg
                                        tools like us are talking about her

from her perspective, job done

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hb0w4uprkg
                                          Would tap it if she promised to stay quiet.

Comment

God I'm absolutely crippled. Drunken pole dancing isn't as easy as it used to be. I can barely move a single muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              God I'm absolutely crippled. Drunken pole dancing isn't as easy as it used to be. I can barely move a single muscle.
                                              did you wake up with much paper money crammed into your underpants though?

this is the key issue

Comment

Who the fuck is Amanda Bunker and why should I care?
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                  Would tap it if she promised to stay quiet.

As would I , she can even talk if she likes. (no singing though) Can't help thinking this is for some TV programme or Vodafone ad

Comment

did you wake up with much paper money crammed into your underpants though?

this is the key issue
                                                    not even a fiver

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                      Anyway, we're not going to agree - nor do I care. I'll hopefully remain employed in a sector that doesn't require me to shave or pretty myself up once I do my job properly.
                                                      I'm down with that.
                                                      The thoughts of wearing a suit to work again fills me with dread.
                                                      However, I'm in IT
                                                      If I was a TD, I'd dress the part.
                                                      I agree the timing and presentation of this bill smacks of pettiness. But it raises a valid point.
                                                      If 'I'll wear what I want' is the only thing Ming, Wallace et al have going for them, it says a hell of a lot. It is also playing into their hands, this is super publicity for them. What chance have they got to be re-elected, crap like this keeps them in the papers and in people's minds. What the fuck have they said/done of note since they got in? One fella yesterday said Ming had the best dail acceptence speech. WTF????
                                                      People are against it because they are angry, not because it is a bad idea.
                                                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 11-07-11, 10:46.

Comment

Some emergency EU meeting going on at the moment to discuss the Italian debt situation. The game of Jenga could be about to get more complex.

Comment

Quality ruling from a dealer in the local on saturday night.

Ive about 1k in front of me, piled in 2 towers. We have reached the turn with about 200 in the pot and i grab a handful of chips and begin to cut them out in front of me, a million miles from the line.

I realise ive picked up 105 in $5 chips so i go back and get two 25 chips aswell to make my bet. 155 in total.

Dealer calls a string bet. He says 'YOU CAN ONLY BET AN AMOUNT UP TO 105'.

WTF? yes he says you grabbed 105 from your stack so you have to make your bet from that amount, you cant go back and get more. Apparently he calls this 'breaking your stack'.

I lol and begin to argue, so he calls the Poker manager. Poker manager doesnt understand whats going on and just says dealer is correct.

Comment

Gay beats off party cox. Really?

MEP Mitchell beat off fellow party hopefuls Pat Cox

Comment

Some emergency EU meeting going on at the moment to discuss the Italian debt situation. The game of Jenga could be about to get more complex.
                                                              small problem; there isn't enough money to sort out Italy

edit; Italy is probably more similar to Ireland than Greece - the stresses are manifesting themselves in their banks. New stress tests out this week, Italian banks getting hammered in the market.

Comment

wow.
                                                                Glad you got eaten in WW
                                                                yeah, WTF? I assume drink was involved

yup pretty locked it has to be said - but nearly pulled off the legendary bluff call move

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                Quality ruling from a dealer in the local on saturday night.

Ive about 1k in front of me, piled in 2 towers. We have reached the turn with about 200 in the pot and i grab a handful of chips and begin to cut them out in front of me, a million miles from the line.

I realise ive picked up 105 in $5 chips so i go back and get two 25 chips aswell to make my bet. 155 in total.

Dealer calls a string bet. He says 'YOU CAN ONLY BET AN AMOUNT UP TO 105'.

WTF? yes he says you grabbed 105 from your stack so you have to make your bet from that amount, you cant go back and get more. Apparently he calls this 'breaking your stack'.

I lol and begin to argue, so he calls the Poker manager. Poker manager doesnt understand whats going on and just says dealer is correct.
                                                                clear angle shoot by you poor form imo

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                  Kindle owners is it worth it for the free 3G, is it totally free 3G btw? My housemate told me it was something to do with buying books you get free credits or something which didn't make much sense.
                                                                  Yeah totally free. There's a browser on it but it's not the easiest to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Who the fuck is Amanda Bunker
                                                                    Irish Celebrity Z-lister
                                                                    Tireless self-promoter
                                                                    Writer of saucy books for the wimmins
                                                                    Owner of epic cleavage
                                                                    Can't take a piss without going on the radio about it first
                                                                    Once had a famous bust up (oh yeah) with Jordan

and why should I care?
                                                                    You absolutely shouldn't.
                                                                    You seem to have a good life, don't mess that up.
                                                                    Last edited by Bless You; 11-07-11, 11:00.

Comment

yup pretty locked it has to be said - but nearly pulled off the legendary bluff call move
                                                                      not as per what was quoted by DP?

Looks like 'the really bad angleshoot move' instead.

Comment

Anyone else really bored of bubblekings trolling?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                          Could be a spot for you in the upcoming sunday red top.Good headline writers always needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            Anyone else really bored of bubblekings trolling?
                                                                            Hes not trolling imo, he really is that dim

Comment

That Italian cranky man roaring at the TV still has me in stitches. I call on Strewelpeters kids to make an Irish version for us all.

I called some farmer on his tractor a 'whelp' this morning. It felt good.

Comment

Yea,doesnt feel quite like trolling.More like 'not niceness'.

Comment

Hes not trolling imo, he really is that dim
                                                                                  getting called dim by a taxi driver

Comment

getting called dim by a taxi driver
                                                                                    Can you honestly say you dont feel embarrassed at some of your antics

Comment

Isn't BK studying to become a doctor? Explains it all if so.

Comment

what are you up to BK?

Comment

Can you honestly say you dont feel embarrassed at some of your antics
                                                                                          not even in the slightest. How Im viewed by the butso degens of the BBV will really have very little bearing on my life and one of the main reasons I keep real life and poker life friends a mile away from each other

Comment

not even in the slightest. How Im viewed by the butso degens of the BBV will really have very little bearing on my life and one of the main reasons I keep real life and poker life friends a mile away from each other
                                                                                            Whats a butso degen

Comment

SP and Lazare, your votes are required in the Music King.

Comment

except when you have no-one to go out with and ride along with Dice?

Poor effort

Comment

ignoring the views of others is fine, but ignoring how you should view yourself is pretty terribad.

it's akin to "I'm an excellent poker player, huge winner", but "I've done my nuts on the roulette too many times to count".

At the end of the day these are all contributing factors to the bottom line, i.e who you are.

Stop the life leaks before they become drastic enough to affect you.

Comment

wasnt an angle shoot was a bluff call - wouldnt expect you to get it though move up levels
                                                                                                    A bluff-call is when you call a river bet with e.g. 23o on a board of TTJ9A, knowing your opponent is likely to insta-muck.

According to your post, what you did was mis-declare your hand. There is a huge difference between getting your opponent to muck by merely calling his bet and getting him to muck by telling lies.

I point this out only because I wouldn't want the bluff-call to get a bad name. I think it's an acceptable part of the game.

Comment

SP and Lazare, your votes are required in the Music King.

oh yeah, forgot about this, will listen now.
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                          ignoring the views of others is fine, but ignoring how you should view yourself is pretty terribad.

it's akin to "I'm an excellent poker player, huge winner", but "I've done my nuts on the roulette too many times to count".

At the end of the day these are all contributing factors to the bottom line, i.e who you are.

Stop the life leaks before they become drastic enough to affect you.
                                                                                                          I think he's has a personality transplant or something. Could also be a prop bet whereby he has to troll the BBV for the month of July.

Either way, I like this BK online personality mutation thing, keeps people on their toes. Come out for a game on Thursday BK, I'll buy you a scoop.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                                                                            A bluff-call is when you call a river bet with e.g. 23o on a board of TTJ9A, knowing your opponent is likely to insta-muck.

According to your post, what you did was mis-declare your hand. There is a huge difference between getting your opponent to muck by merely calling his bet and getting him to muck by telling lies.

I point this out only because I wouldn't want the bluff-call to get a bad name. I think it's an acceptable part of the game.
                                                                                                            Solksjaer is a master of this btw

Comment

That Italian cranky man roaring at the TV still has me in stitches. I call on Strewelpeters kids to make an Irish version for us all.

I called some farmer on his tractor a 'whelp' this morning. It felt good.
                                                                                                              Argentinian, he was watching the River Plate Belgrano match from a few weeks ago.
                                                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Wow man, that's pretty pathetic.

You've no problem mounting the moral high horse, but you can't handle being in it's gaze.

You obviously know sub-consciously that you are terribly in the wrong if you're resorting to ridiculous toys out of the pram insults.
                                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Isn't BK studying to become a doctor? Explains it all if so.
                                                                                                                  BK: Unlucky man,you got The Big C.The big kahoona.Cancer.

Patient: Oh sweet Jesus.How long do I have?

BK:Well,lets just say I wouldnt go buying any green bananas.Lol.

Patient: *whimper*

BK: ha,got ya.Its just tonsilitis,go home and take an anadin.lol.

Comment

BBV opinions required.

Had a super weekend having a party for my 4 year old son. Got a big bouncy castle in on Friday and they only collected it today, loads of his friends from play school on Sat for a big party cake etc had the weather all in all every thing went great. Loads of the kids turned up again yesterday because the bouncy castle was still there and more or less the same day yesterday.

My 2 kids thought it was the best weekend ever and here is where the problem lies...

I also have a 2 & half year old daughter and now all she wants is her party, but the problem is her birthday is early December. So we were thinking of moving her birthday celebrations to August until she was 10 or 11 years old.

Is there any good reason we should not do this?
                                                                                                                    twitter
                                                                                                                    moneybookers

Comment

I just think bubbleking has realised that he shouldn't care about his online image as much as he has been so now he's delibratatly provoking it to try and help him cope with the slaggings/abuse he gets better. It basically like getting over a fear by confronting it. Provides good entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                                                                        Yes,her birthday is not until December.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                                                                          So we were thinking of moving her birthday celebrations to August until she was 10 or 11 years old.

She might grow up thinking she's the queen.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X