X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty crowded up there!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
      You mean if someone wants a few months off over the low-flying months of the winter, they can take it? Doesn't everywhere offer some form of unpaid leave?
      Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
      No, most places don't in my experience - if they did, I'd take 3 or 4 months off each year! Obviously for you being an academic, that's just par for the course...(except the unpaid bit!)
      if it's not take redundancies follow.
      seems a fairly easy decision
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

No, most places don't in my experience - if they did, I'd take 3 or 4 months off each year! Obviously for you being an academic, that's just par for the course...(except the unpaid bit!)

Are there live updates on the 6-Max main event available anywhere? In English?
        I was going to ask the same, isnt Danny doing updates for the D4 lads somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
          surely teachers have 1/2 day everyday...
          Refuses to bite.

Comment

Some funky showers in the work pool just there. Counted at least four different types of showers with a good few different settings on each. Ran screaming like a little girl (no offense Lily) from the Pulse shower - are they meant to assault you so viciously? Excellent way to spend half of the lunch hour in fairness.

Know it was mentioned before, but can't remember; how many laps of the (25m) pool would you want to be doing to be properly exercising? I'm guessing my meagre 250m of swimming isn't sufficient - would 500m be acceptable if done four days a week?
            Nothing worse than the pulse shower on the nipple imo.

Looks like Norris is in.

Comment

I'm not sure if there is gonna be any IPB coverage of the 6 Max event but I am doing a few bits for D4 Events over the coarse of the weekend, if any of you are interested there is a live stream and I will be blogging on their site as well.

Please tune in to both if you have the chance

Blog

Live Stream
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This single and the great new album now available on i-tunesArtist Stewart Agnew and his band - studio footage. Produced by Roger Bechirian -Trick Records. V...

A mates new single that comes out on Friday 30th September.

Comment

I'd vote for McGuinness to keep the bible basher out tbh.

Comment

yum I have just had this cheese for the first time, its fab really tasty, i had it with olives and sundried tomatoes, are olives fattening?

Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Yeah still seventeen. Can't see him not getting it. They're probably holding off to be the last one.

Is there a history between him and Ross?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e599G9i6Bhc

A mates new single that comes out on Friday 30th September.
                            sounds like Ryan Adams looks like Bryan Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              the real trick is to get out before any of the cretins get in!

signing my contract now and posting today...

official as shit

Comment

Comment

Dana?
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'd prob best not mention that about the shower to the breastfeeding lady at home!

Last I heard he was 17 - has he got the rest now?

Part of me is tempted to bet on asshat Mitchell. I'd say Michael D's high pitched waffle will look particularly stupid against the high level debates between McGuinness and Mitchell. With Mitchell picking up the 'keep McGuinness out' votes ala Raoul and Strewel. He also has the religious extremist votes and some of the FG votes.
                                    Wasn't it already said of Mitchell when Jim was alive that he was 'the Evil of two lessers'

Gonna be a tough call
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Wasn't it already said of Mitchell when Jim was alive that he was 'the Evil of two lessers'

Gonna be a tough call
                                        vote for Norris obv.

he'd be a deliciously fruity president and, let's face it, it's not exactly a challenging role

Comment

start in about two weeks?

UK is proper fcked btw its just a more long term problem less in-your-face problem they have. Wait until you see the poverty in Stoke with the high street filled with charity shops and cheque cashing places, pound shops and greasy bakeries.
                                          saw it already. At least it can't get grimmer. Going in with a pretty damn low expectations, can't imagine I will be disappointed.

Start date October 3rd. I'm thinking I should do negotiations for something or other, already pitched 10% pay increase and they're giving me accom for a month to get settled and find feet too.

Bumped into a guy randomly on Friday night who does the exact same job in Paddy Power, was cool pitching some thoughts back and forth about it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              vote for Norris obv.

he'd be a deliciously fruity president and, let's face it, it's not exactly a challenging role
                                              Is there something I'm missing about the whole "Please let my child molesting buddy off cos he's sound" story as to why this guy still has any support at all?

Comment

Is there something I'm missing about the whole "Please let my child molesting buddy off cos he's sound" story as to why this guy still has any support at all?
                                                Hes gay and allegedly charasmatic and we want to show how forward and away from the grips of the catholic church we have become by getting the gay guy in high office.

Comment

all the straight laced homophobic cretins jumped on it as an excuse to get him thrown out of the race because god forbid there couldnt be a gay man as president of good aul catholic Ireland.

edit FU sickpuppy

Comment

"Please let my child molesting buddy off cos he's sound" = pretty bad

"I masterminded this" = on a different plane altogether

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                      all the straight laced homophobic cretins jumped on it as an excuse to get him thrown out of the race because god forbid there couldnt be a gay man as president of good aul catholic Ireland.
                                                      But they didn't invent the story, right?

Comment

edit FU sickpuppy
                                                        better a pedo or a banker they think, these people will keep us safe!

Comment

But they didn't invent the story, right?
                                                          story is true AFAIK. Not a cool thing to do which he obviously regrets but all he did was write a letter on behalf of a friend

Comment

edit FU sickpuppy
                                                            Your spot on as usual Tony because if he was straight and asked for a child rapist to be not sentenced one he had a relationship with no one would care,
                                                            ah sure child rape its nothing like

Comment

story is true AFAIK. Not a cool thing to do which he obviously regrets but all he did was write a letter on behalf of a friend
                                                              ...who had been convicted of raping a child?

Would you not be rethinking your friendship rather than breaking out the parliamentary stationary?

Comment

The rather important word 'statutory' is being omitted here.

Comment

Actually having such a camp president may not be such a great thing either
                                                                  im sure hed get a great reception in some middle east countrys where homosexuality is illegal.
                                                                  As a country were so banjaxed we need to keep on everones good side even the mad mullahs.

Comment

on headed Oireachtas paper...

So in an official manner as opposed to a personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                      The rather important word 'statutory' is being omitted here.
                                                                      The statutory rape of a 15 year old boy by a middle aged man?

That's a bit more acceptable is it?

Fucking hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to...
                                                                        / dips toe in hot water

Was it really 'child molesting' though? 15 year old, no suggestion of coercion.

A quick wiki suggests that age of consent in Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia is 14, and presumably quite a few other countries. Sleeping with a 17 year old in Ireland would make you a child molester, but in UK where age of consent is 16 you are someone who waited a year too long.

Was it 'legal child molestation' or 'actual child molestation'?

/ dips toe quickly back out
                                                                        In some places children get married at 12 usually far flung corners of the world dont think it makes it right?
                                                                        No a grown man riding some impoverished Palestinian im sure it was a right barrel of laughs
                                                                        ask your self as a father would you like some grown man having a relationship with your 15 year old child?

Comment

looking for a simpsons clip or episode no. Its the one where Marge is at therapy saying you work, you work on a marriage and next it shows Homer saying on a boat saying you work, you work, you work on a boat. Cant find the clip on youtube at all. Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to...
                                                                            / dips toe in hot water

Was it really 'child molesting' though? 15 year old, no suggestion of coercion.

A quick wiki suggests that age of consent in Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia is 14, and presumably quite a few other countries. Sleeping with a 17 year old in Ireland would make you a child molester, but in UK where age of consent is 16 you are someone who waited a year too long.

Was it 'legal child molestation' or 'actual child molestation'?

/ dips toe quickly back out
                                                                            It was a conviction for, as you guessed, sex with someone below the age of consent.

No suggestion of forced rape, no suggestion of paedophilia (in its generally accepted pre-pubescent meaning).

But 'Norris defended a child-rapist' is a better soundbite.

Comment

Would you not be rethinking your friendship rather than breaking out the parliamentary stationary?
                                                                              Statutory rape. Guy was a few months under the age of consent. And afaik the two of them were still together years later.

Comment

grey enough area when he was convicted I thought? as in the age of consent as apposed to rape?

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                Your spot on as usual Tony because if he was straight and asked for a child rapist to be not sentenced one he had a relationship with no one would care,
                                                                                ah sure child rape its nothing like
                                                                                see above- grey area

and people jumped on it like he was the one that actually raped a child.

The point I am trying to make is that if he was straight people probably wouldnt have made as big a deal about it

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                  looking for a simpsons clip or episode no. Its the one where Marge is at therapy saying you work, you work on a marriage and next it shows Homer saying on a boat saying you work, you work, you work on a boat. Cant find the clip on youtube at all. Anyone?
                                                                                  I don't know if this request is a trap or what, but that's a scene from Friends, not the Simpsons!

Comment

conviction/morals/questionability aside, using his position to try to influence a court in another country is a big no no.

Simple example of a guy abusing his power.

Comment

The point I am trying to make is that if he was straight people probably wouldnt have made as big a deal about it
                                                                                      I damn sure would have.

Comment

I don't know if this request is a trap or what, but that's a scene from Friends, not the Simpsons!

Strange request I know but Im nearly sure Its a simpsons episode.

Comment

Fg abstaining from council votes. Should be a done deal now on either route.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                            conviction/morals/questionability aside, using his position to try to influence a court in another country is a big no no.

Simple example of a guy abusing his power.
                                                                                            Elected representatives send thousands of those kind of letters.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                              Elected representatives send thousands of those kind of letters.
                                                                                              from a personal perspective?

/ admit to having no idea about politics, but was pretty aghast at him sending such a letter with the Oireachtas stamp on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                Statutory rape. Guy was a few months under the age of consent. And afaik the two of them were still together years later.
                                                                                                Norris's actions on the matter were so far from appropriate on the matter as to be completely indefensible IMO.

As people will know from reading my anti-Catholicism rants I'm pretty damn militant about people who put kids at risk, so that's the part that crazies up my blood the most, but the whole thing was just an embarrassing, inappropriate mess.

Couldn't vote for a guy with such outrageously bad judgement tbh.

It's a sad fact at this stage that each candidate appears to be as odious as the last.

Comment

More Cyber Bullying of The Hurricane ITT if anyone fancies it.

Comment

and people jumped on it like he was the one that actually raped a child.

The point I am trying to make is that if he was straight people probably wouldnt have made as big a deal about it[/QUOTE]

Possibly not but politics is set that way you dirty your opponent if you can
                                                                                                    Norris gave his opponents whether they are homophobic or not a chance an excuse and they took it.
                                                                                                    Its a rediculosly uninspiring line up for president and even the novelty of a walter mitty like character like Norris does not help it.

Comment

...

Comment

Simple example of a gay abusing his power.
                                                                                                        FYP

arf etc

Comment

I don't really know where to hang my hat on this issue.
                                                                                                          I despise the homophobic defense as much as I hate the enhanced doggedness of the attack.
                                                                                                          Isn't there are similar story about Mitchell?
                                                                                                          One thing is true, if every politician that made a dumb shit thunderfuck mistake was unelectable, the halls of office would be empty in Dublin.
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Norris was on the Late Late talking about it the other night.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr

Comment

/ admit to having no idea about politics, but was pretty aghast at him sending such a letter with the Oireachtas stamp on it.
                                                                                                              You have a free postal service and free headed paper in your desk at work, I'd say it becomes second nature to use it for everything, official business or not.

Comment

edit FU sickpuppy[/QUOTE]

No need for personal abuse after i made you a bacon sandwich and all

Comment

Reminds of joke that can't find.

Boy comes home says 'got laid today'. Mother angry, father delighted...

Ring any bells, don't want to say anymore as would spoil it
                                                                                                                  Does it involve a teacher and sitting down?

Comment

"child rape"...

consensual sex with someone 3 months off legal age.

Still Wrong, but Norris appealed for CLEMENCY, not to get him off, but for a fair sentence as he feared a unduly Harsh sentence due to Ezra's anti-israel campaigning. Its was an error of judgement made out of fear and love for a close friend.
                                                                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

...

Comment

Very little seems to have been said about Michell writing letters for a guy who actually raped and murdered.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                                          Actually having such a camp president may not be such a great thing either
                                                                                                                          im sure hed get a great reception in some middle east countrys where homosexuality is illegal.
                                                                                                                          As a country were so banjaxed we need to keep on everones good side even the mad mullahs.
                                                                                                                          So we send the taoiseach or minister for Foreign Affairs instead to these eejits. Big Deal.
                                                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X