X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      time for an Amazon binge; any recommendations for me?

no sci-fi
      This is worth a look, reading at the moment

Really interesting stuff about the decision to drop the Bomb on Hiroshima amongst other things
      Last edited by Guest; 21-09-11, 13:41.

Comment

The Galvin tactic smacked of bigger problems. Take off the corner forward due to the fact he was being swarmed in the tackle? And bring on Galvin? So an inside 2 man forward line was always the tactic? Then why so much handpassing?
        Galvin is worth his place on any team but how fit was he this year? The injuries aren't JOCs fault but the lack of faith in the bench was. Why bring O'Leary back on?
        Kerry were 8 minutes away from another AI medal and when you get sucker punched like they did these things become amplified.
        PS
        You say you are related to Barry John. I have to say i felt really sorry for him as I thought the foul called against him was harsh. Timing is everything and to be thrown in to that cauldron eager to please makes tackles like that totally understandable. I hear McQuillan isnt flavour of the month in Kerry anyway due to earlier decisions..

Comment

Originally posted by EARMUFFS View Post
          The Galvin tactic smacked of bigger problems. Take off the corner forward due to the fact he was being swarmed in the tackle? And bring on Galvin? So an inside 2 man forward line was always the tactic? Then why so much handpassing?
          Galvin is worth his place on any team but how fit was he this year? The injuries aren't JOCs fault but the lack of faith in the bench was. Why bring O'Leary back on?
          To be honest, I'm still too queasy thinking about it to get into this stuff - ask me again next week and I'll ramble on to your heart's content!

Originally posted by EARMUFFS View Post
          PS
          You say you are related to Barry John. I have to say i felt really sorry for him as I thought the foul called against him was harsh. Timing is everything and to be thrown in to that cauldron eager to please makes tackles like that totally understandable. I hear McQuillan isnt flavour of the month in Kerry anyway due to earlier decisions..
          I only saw the tackle in real time and a grainy replay of it on the big screen. TBH, I thought it was a free alright. Barry doesn't seem too down in the dumps over it anyway which is good to see, and he has club football to take his mind off it in the next few weeks so he'll be grand I'd say.

Watching the game live, I thought McQuillan was pretty dreadful fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            time for an Amazon binge; any recommendations for me?

no sci-fi
            This is the best book I have ever ever come across, so good I have read it several times!
            Its very shocking and absolutely unbelievable!!

Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Case in point. When reading the above, I thought dannydiamond had posted the original Icarus reply
              You are part of a Westbrit element attempting to sabotage the campaign.

The Blaa is bigger then any one person.
              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                This is the best book I have ever ever come across, so good I have read it several times!
                Its very shocking and absolutely unbelievable!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slave-Mende-...6613433&sr=1-1
                [X] Expected to see "The Secret"

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                  You are part of a Westbrit element attempting to sabotage the campaign.

The Blaa is bigger then any one person.
                  Shut up Strewelpeter
                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    To be honest, I'm still too queasy thinking about it to get into this stuff - ask me again next week and I'll ramble on to your heart's content!

I only saw the tackle in real time and a grainy replay of it on the big screen. TBH, I thought it was a free alright. Barry doesn't seem too down in the dumps over it anyway which is good to see, and he has club football to take his mind off it in the next few weeks so he'll be grand I'd say.

Watching the game live, I thought McQuillan was pretty dreadful fwiw.
                    Lads as someone who played gaelic football for 14 years i still dont know what a tackle is ?
                    can someone explain it to me
                    its eems every ref has there own interpration of the tackle
                    i thoughta shoulder to shoudler was the only tackle allowed .

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                      Lads as someone who played gaelic football for 14 years i still dont know what a tackle is ?
                      can someone explain it to me
                      its eems every ref has there own interpration of the tackle
                      i thoughta shoulder to shoudler was the only tackle allowed .
                      There's no proper definition of it in the rulebook - it's mad!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                        Where's a good place in town to get Wallets? I don't want to spend much since I lose about two a year. Ideally I can place a big sentence on it somewhere offering a reward if found.
                        TK MAXX is decent enough for wallets. They usually have a big range suiting all price ranges and styles

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                          Where's a good place in town to get Wallets? I don't want to spend much since I lose about two a year. Ideally I can place a big sentence on it somewhere offering a reward if found.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

There's no proper definition of it in the rulebook - it's mad!
                            Thats the problem wrecks my ehad when commentators say the tackling was great
                            At least in rugby its clear what a tackle is you can be penalised for high or dangerous ones
                            but in gaelic football is very confusing
                            i also hate when a played fields a ball and is surrouded by 3 opposing players and then the free gos againest them waste of time securing clean possession
                            Darragh O Se was a wonderful fielder as was Jack O

Comment

When playing for satellite tickets, why do big stacks think that shoving every hand on the bubble is good play? Much greater chance of 2 of the smaller/medium stacks going to war if he just tried folding once in a while

Comment

WATCH THE REMIXI turned this amazing news story into an amazing SONGhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9m2CGNaSkENews story from the BBC about a man in Yeovil,...

Comment

At least in rugby its clear what a tackle is you can be penalised for high or dangerous ones
                                  but in gaelic football is very confusing
                                  i also hate when a played fields a ball and is surrouded by 3 opposing players and then the free gos againest them waste of time securing clean possession
                                  Yeah the bit in bold is super-tilting. To be fair, in the last couple of years refs had started to give midfielders frees for it a lot of the time in recent years, but it seems to be creeping back into the game a good bit again this year. Same as blocking runs off the ball.

Comment

I wonder what the disaffected youth of Yeovil are going to get up to tonight. Shadow is in for an ass kicking.
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

the world needs more ninjas (although as an honourable samurai he is my mortal enemy).
                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                        I wonder what the disaffected youth of Yeovil are going to get up to tonight. Shadow is in for an ass kicking.
                                        Nah he has his foam sword, he should be fine.

Comment

best way to cook a pork steak? Last week's honey and cinnamon was good, so need to up the ante this week!

Not spending hours at it though, just gimme something to splash onto it or whatever.

Comment

Was listening to him on the radio last week, it had to be him as I've never heard of a different vigilante ninja . He tied a drunken yob to a pole using his legs until the police came . He also said he is training his young son and said that he gets lots of people asking can they join him.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                              best way to cook a pork steak? Last week's honey and cinnamon was good, so need to up the ante this week!

Not spending hours at it though, just gimme something to splash onto it or whatever.
                                              Reggae Reggae sauce is a great marinade.

Also honey, soya sauce and sesame seeds works too.
                                              Last edited by Megatron; 21-09-11, 15:28.

Comment

I wish I spoke Chinese...

Comment

Why wasn't he in this film, good watch

From New York to San Diego and everywhere in between, "Superheroes" is the definitive look in to the ever-growing Real Life Superhero community.Find us on Fa...

Comment

Nothing beats a bit of class.

SPOILER

Comment

SPOILER
                                                      Is that TylerD in your Avatar?

Comment

Blast from the past popped up when looking for Superheros Docu on cousins site

[NSFW="NSFW"][/NSFW]
                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

At least in rugby its clear what a tackle is you can be penalised for high or dangerous ones but in gaelic football is very confusing
                                                          People in glass houses shoyldn't throw stones, Mick.

Gaelic football is an amateur sport which has been played for a long time and while there's always room for improvement, what you see is what you get and the best team comes out on top. The advent of long range camera lenses has led to some of the recent issues, square ball etc and the tackle will always be contentious but that's the way it is.

Most of the illegality in Rugby football is invisible to the naked eye. Richie McCaw, arguably the best player in the world currently, is widely known as a borderline cheat at the breakdown. Obviously this is an area that cannot be governed properly.

The Munster and Ireland forward Alan Quinlan was reputed to be a 'master of the dark arts' during his long and successfull career. Now what did that entail, I ask myself ?
                                                          Well unfortunately for him I think the long range sky cameras got close enough to the rough and tumble of a ruck to answer that in a match against Leinster where Leo Cullen was the unfortunate victim.

Eye gouging is surely the lowest of the low, worse than been spat at imo. How prevalent is it? Well the SA forward Berger was caught literally red handed early in a match against the Lions a few years back so maybe that answers the question. There was a young irish player involved, Fitzgerald I think.

Another huge example of what players can get away with in a scrum came in a heineken cup final when Neil Bach literally stole the ball from Stringer. Holier than thou or what?
                                                          "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

SPOILER
                                                            Heard about that after the game. I'll never hear a bad word spoken bout that man after that. Pure class act.
                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                              Heard about that after the game. I'll never hear a bad word spoken bout that man after that. Pure class act.
                                                              yeah, Cluxton is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                yeah, Cluxton is great.
                                                                This is also true
                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I heard he booted the ball into the crowd when he received it.

Comment

yeah, Cluxton is great.
                                                                    Yeah but a weirdo

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                      Yeah but a weirdo
                                                                      Tomás = confirmed oddball as well tbf!

Comment

It's hard to tell who's more upset in that picture, Cluxton or O'se.

Comment

Is anybody/does anybody know someone renting a room in Dublin? The daughter of some friends of my parents is on Erasmus at Trinity (she's Italian) and having trouble finding a place.

Pics or GTFO is redundant unfortunately as I have no pics and have never seen her.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerMilla View Post
                                                                            People in glass houses shoyldn't throw stones, Mick.

Gaelic football is an amateur sport which has been played for a long time and while there's always room for improvement, what you see is what you get and the best team comes out on top. The advent of long range camera lenses has led to some of the recent issues, square ball etc and the tackle will always be contentious but that's the way it is.

Most of the illegality in Rugby football is invisible to the naked eye. Richie McCaw, arguably the best player in the world currently, is widely known as a borderline cheat at the breakdown. Obviously this is an area that cannot be governed properly.

The Munster and Ireland forward Alan Quinlan was reputed to be a 'master of the dark arts' during his long and successfull career. Now what did that entail, I ask myself ?
                                                                            Well unfortunately for him I think the long range sky cameras got close enough to the rough and tumble of a ruck to answer that in a match against Leinster where Leo Cullen was the unfortunate victim.

Eye gouging is surely the lowest of the low, worse than been spat at imo. How prevalent is it? Well the SA forward Berger was caught literally red handed early in a match against the Lions a few years back so maybe that answers the question. There was a young irish player involved, Fitzgerald I think.

Another huge example of what players can get away with in a scrum came in a heineken cup final when Neil Bach literally stole the ball from Stringer. Holier than thou or what?
                                                                            You back on the drink?
                                                                            i was not saying rugby is better than gaelic football just saying i think its easier to referee.
                                                                            The 4 steps before you solo bounce or pass is hard to enforce too.
                                                                            Quinlan was a scumbag Leo Cullen is ugly enough without him having one eye
                                                                            eye gouging is not prevelant used be especially the french

I know its an amatuer sport but many of the guys train like professionals 7 days a week giving up ahuge amount of time and loss of earnings etc
                                                                            they may recoup this by getting job oppurtunities etc but in 2002 i worked on a buidling site with Vinny Murphy he was labouring for bricklayers

most of the illegality in rugby nowadays is seen you have many cameras at very different angles and there is citing commisioners and people get hefty fines and suspensions and bans now sentencing can be hit and miss but its there.
                                                                            I feel gaelic football would benefit from a TMO type decision Louth would have won that leinster final when there is so much at stake surelya bit of technology wouldnt ruin it?

Comment

Yeah but a weirdo
                                                                              Cluxton is all about the business. He's a very private person and probably just wanted some time to himself after the game.

It all adds to the legend, tbh.

Alexander the Great aged 33, cried when he realised there was no more countries to conquer. Cluxton turned 30 the day before the All Ireland final.
                                                                              Last edited by Zod; 21-09-11, 16:32.

Comment

If you found this funny then I suggest giving this a watch! Gas stuff.

This website is for sale! icefilms.info is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, icefilms.info has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

"A journey inside the world of real life caped crusaders. From all over America, these self-proclaimed crime fighters, don masks, homemade costumes and elaborate utility belts in an attempt to bring justice to evildoers everywhere."
                                                                                Last edited by flushjee; 21-09-11, 16:47.

Comment

Cluxton is all about the business. He's a very private person and probably just wanted some time to himself after the game.

It all adds to the legend, tbh.

Alexander the Great aged 33, cried when he realised there was no more countries to conquer. Cluxton turned 30 the day before the All Ireland final.
                                                                                  I think its more of a deep seeded psych problem where he cant express a happy emotion - its kind of a bit sad when you think about it

Comment

Why wasn't he in this film, good watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zxCLbPncGk
                                                                                    Watched that last night. Any Dublin superheros on the scene? Maybe it's time.
                                                                                    They'd probably get beaten.
                                                                                    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 21-09-11, 17:03.
                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Cooked pork steak last night (for first time!) crinkle with veg stock and black pepper, before wrapped tight in tin foil and slow cooked in oven at 130C for 2.5-3 hours...

When cooked, open foil drain off juices for a delicious gravy with cornflower and Worcester sauce. Put steak back into oven to brown.

It was beautiful! Everyone looking for second helpings!

Comment

is it safe to use a travel adaptor to plug in a 10 plug multi adaptor, and then plug all my stuff into that?

Comment

make sure you have it well cooked - you can get tapeworms from eating raw/uncooked pork

Comment

You back on the drink?
                                                                                            i was not saying rugby is better than gaelic football just saying i think its easier to referee.
                                                                                            The 4 steps before you solo bounce or pass is hard to enforce too.
                                                                                            Quinlan was a scumbag Leo Cullen is ugly enough without him having one eye
                                                                                            eye gouging is not prevelant used be especially the french

I know its an amatuer sport but many of the guys train like professionals 7 days a week giving up ahuge amount of time and loss of earnings etc
                                                                                            they may recoup this by getting job oppurtunities etc but in 2002 i worked on a buidling site with Vinny Murphy he was labouring for bricklayers

most of the illegality in rugby nowadays is seen you have many cameras at very different angles and there is citing commisioners and people get hefty fines and suspensions and bans now sentencing can be hit and miss but its there.
                                                                                            I feel gaelic football would benefit from a TMO type decision Louth would have won that leinster final when there is so much at stake surelya bit of technology wouldnt ruin it?

Ok, fair enough Mick. It's hardly worth falling out over.

I thought the original post came across as a bit of a negative rant against gaelic football and we've had enough of that. I'm against the TMO as you need fluency in games.
                                                                                            The game is stopped or the ball is out of play often enough as things stand.
                                                                                            That incident you quoted was down to poor umpiring.

I am off the sauce but had a relapse on Sunday evening considering the day that was in it.
                                                                                            "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                                              is it safe to use a travel adaptor to plug in a 10 plug multi adaptor, and then plug all my stuff into that?
                                                                                              What type of plug are you adapting to?

Comment

REM finished

To our Fans and Friends: As R.E.M., and as lifelong friends and co-conspirators, we have decided to call it a day as a band. We walk away with a great sense of gratitude, of finality, and of astonishment at all we have accomplished. To anyone who ever felt touched by our music, our deepest thanks for listening."

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                  I heard he booted the ball into the crowd when he received it.
                                                                                                  Yep. Could have made a lot of money for charity if he had signed it and sold it.

One of the funniest things that happened on Sunday was a Dub making us off after the match outside Tom Mayes (about six of us in Kerry gear). "We were waiting for that since Kevin Sheedy scored that goal" he says. "What goal" we asked "the one against England?". "No ye muppets the one against Paddy Cullen". "Ahhhhh, that might be Mikey Sheehy you mean". LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                    REM finished
                                                                                                    It's the end of the band as we know it

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Horney View Post
                                                                                                      It's the end of the band as we know it
                                                                                                      thats awful

Comment

I love this pic of me and the lads at the last REM gig.

That's me in the corner.
                                                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

They should have held on longer imo - kinda makes the lyrics to "everybody hurts" a bit obsolete

Comment

REM visits the monsters on Sesame Street and demonstrate how quickly those suffering from bipolar disorder can switch from happy to sad and back again.

Comment

Missed me??

Been at the course all week. It's tough enough getting up at 7.00am and trying to get the baby organised and out the door for 8.00am!

The course I am doing is better than I thought it was. It is the CompTIA A+ and Network + certificates courses and that is basically what we are aiming for. This will give me a certificate that will be recognised in the IT industry across the world

It looks pretty tough but looking forward to getting into the lab and into it!

Comment

Hargreaves scores lol

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                    shite just got real in Greece. Anyone retired on public pension of more than €1,200 per month has had it cut by 20%. Anyone under 55 has had pension they will get over €1,000 cut by 40%.

Serves them right in fairness as the entire country has been acting like spoilt brats, but seems a little unfair to take it out on the already retired.

Think if that was the situation in Ireland I'd prefer my pay as youngish public sector worker to be cut instead of some retired public sector auld lad.

There old, nearly dead so might aswell bleed them before they kick the bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                      There old, nearly dead so might aswell bleed them before they kick the bucket.
                                                                                                                      You must be a wonderful son.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                                        You must be a wonderful son.

Yea pretty much.

Comment

Day before payday so drinking Tesco Orange juice instead of the usual Tropicana smooth. Brought the first carton back as it tasted like washing up liquid, assumed it was out of date. No. Thats just how Tesco orange rolls.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X