Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to see Tinker, Tailor last night. Very slow, almost crawling pace in the first half, but picked up to a cruscendo at the end. Epic cast out of which Gary oldman shone.

This song at the end was so brillianty placed too.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      We had to take the machine out of one lift carry it from one end of the building to another and back into another lift because no one from BoI is allowed walk through the area that NAMA are working in.
      fucking civil servants
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        Can't really see MMG tripling SFs first preference votes from the last election.
        If he hits the right groove in the campaign and gets more first preferences than Michael Twee I think he can win.
        You will have the two big guns from the Government and unable to make even sympathetic noises about the economy. Norris probably a non runner or worse a dead duck splitting the left vote further. Gay Mitchell the unacceptable (Knights of Columbanus or Opus Dei or whatever ) face of FG. outsiders Davis and the Baldy lad getting badly squeezed.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
          Went to see Tinker, Tailor last night. Very slow, almost crawling pace in the first half, but picked up to a cruscendo at the end. Epic cast out of which Gary oldman shone.

This song at the end was so brillianty placed too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLuCf...eature=related
          saw it last night as well, liked it a lot

Comment

If he hits the right groove in the campaign and gets more first preferences than Michael Twee I think he can win.
            You will have the two big guns from the Government and unable to make even sympathetic noises about the economy. Norris probably a non runner or worse a dead duck splitting the left vote further. Gay Mitchell the unacceptable (Knights of Columbanus or Opus Dei or whatever ) face of FG. outsiders Davis and the Baldy lad getting badly squeezed.
            If I was Gay Mitchell, I'd go jihad on MMG's ass

that may not be the smartest thing to do though

Comment

Even if he manages more first preferences than twee he'll lose on transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Not really an option in the North, ever , especially with headbangers like Paisley banging the drum.
                Any attempt by moderate unionism to reform was always going to be doomed to failure, see Sunningdale.
                I wouldn't say ever its working now isn't it. But I get your point, it's probable that any possibility of working things out was long gone by 68.

Comment

"My grandmother is very good at bingo. She wins loads" - Un-named postgraduate student.

Comment

I wouldn't say ever its working now isn't it.
                    well, they're not killing each other so I suppose playing at 'being politicians' (without any of the power or responsibility) is preferable

as long as 'Er Royal Britannic Majesty keeps picking up the tab, that is

Comment

Did I tell you about the day I was in BoI Baggot Street recently and was bringing a machine into the board room for a demo?
                      SP demonstrates most powerful ATM yet..

SPOILER
                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        Professional Poker career starting in The Fitz friday week?
                        Not on your life.
                        thats a coincidence, my employment here finishes Friday week too

pints?
                        Definitely on for some lunchtime or early evening pints one of the days next week.
                        Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        What's going on in there?

I said the same to him but I don't think he will take it on board.
                        Just people talking shit. Such a largely humourless place to work, but I'll have to big it up as a great place in my leaving speech thing.

Comment

lol, after last week's revelations of slavery I think public sympathy might be somewhat muted

for myself; I say 'fuck 'em' (enlightened eh?)
                          This whole slavery thing seems a bit weird to me.
                          £50 a day plus room and board sounds pretty good.
                          Pics of the rooms they were in seem fine, couch, telly, tables, chairs, bed, kitchen etc.
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

joe duffy definetly not a martin mc guinness fan

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              Definitely on for some lunchtime or early evening pints one of the days next week.
                              I'm off next week too..can I play?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                This whole slavery thing seems a bit weird to me.
                                £50 a day plus room and board sounds pretty good.
                                Pics of the rooms they were in seem fine, couch, telly, tables, chairs, bed, kitchen etc.
                                not acording to the Top Cop? (this from the Guardian, which is pretty leftie generally)

One had dog excrement on his clothes, and many were starving, said Detective Chief Inspector Sean O'Neil, of the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire major crime unit, which was aided by officers from the UK Human Trafficking Centre.

He explained that the men had not received payment for physically demanding labouring jobs, were hardly fed and were given no clothes. If they complained they faced beatings.

"The men we found at the site were in a poor state of physical health and the conditions they were living in were shockingly filthy and cramped.

"We believe that some of them had been living and working there in a state of virtual slavery, some for just a few weeks and others for up to 15 years."

Comment

apparently we are going boozing on the Friday lunchtime (which means a meal, couple of pints and everyone will fuck off home by 5pm to count their redundancy money) so I will keep that in mind. Will you not be getting taken out by your erstwhile colleagues and presented with a gold watch?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Dub13 View Post
                                      Thanks for the heads up,I will pop in tomorrow.Looks like they were waiting to see what the Sunday papers would say.
                                      Did you get this? Someone else told me they had a problem collecting in the shop which I find a bit odd.

Comment

I want to kill half the people I work with. Roll on Friday week and unemployment please. Idiots.
                                        lol, Below will be Dom's post Friday two weeks

I want to kill half the people I play with. Roll on monday week and employment please. Idiots.

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                        Don't kill anyone.
                                        FYI: the above is not supported by LLyod!

Comment

Had Marian Finucane on in the kitchen on Sunday morning.
                                          She was on to some guy about a new book about Sarah Palin when it is alleged she snorted coke, was an absent mother and had a string of affairs.

Guy on show: .... and it is also alleged that she had a tryst with a basketball star before she was marries.

Marian(just to clarify like): A black basketball player.

Guy on show. Yes. Bla bla bal.

Glad to see we are getting value for the €570,000 she gets for two shows at the weekend.
                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                            I'm off next week too..can I play?
                                            Absolutely. Provisional time of Thursday 3pm?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                              Is the Game of Thrones worth a read?

I haven't watched the TV show yet.
                                              Would recommend it definitely.
                                              I picked it up in May more in hope than expectation because its not the sort of thing I usually read, and I hated the bleedin Hobbits and all those LOTR books.

But 15 weeks later I'm on the fourth book (or Book3, Pt2) and its genuinely gripping, even obsessive stuff. Its a fantastic feat of writing.

Comment

Any time is good for me...See RDIII's suggestion...

Comment

Not on your life.

Just people talking shit. Such a largely humourless place to work, but I'll have to big it up as a great place in my leaving speech thing.
                                                  how the hell are you people chatting should you not all be robbing pens, tipex, keyboards the odd server etc etc and trying to figure out how to get that stuff out of the office, most place i have seen close down you would be surprised to see rad's left on the wall, bunch of feckless animal's those soon to be unemployed office workers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                    As Strewelpeter noted last week, interestingly coincidental that those stories of slavery (as yet unverified) happened just in time for this.
                                                    I don't think the cops would arrest the 5 travellers in question and have them charged in court just for the craic! Or to influence public opinion on another matter.

Personally I have zero regard for travellers anyway so it all fits in with my prejudices. They make bugger all contribution to society while at the same time grabbing every benefit they can with both hands. Not to mention the rampant criminality, the violence, the addiction issues, the treatment of women and children....I could go on.

Comment

apparently we are going boozing on the Friday lunchtime (which means a meal, couple of pints and everyone will fuck off home by 5pm to count their redundancy money) so I will keep that in mind. Will you not be getting taken out by your erstwhile colleagues and presented with a gold watch?
                                                      Friday evening drink plans are firmly in place. Bit different here as only me and one other person leaving at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                        how the hell are you people chatting should you not all be robbing pens, tipex, keyboards the odd server etc etc and trying to figure out how to get that stuff out of the office, most place i have seen close down you would be surprised to see rad's left on the wall, bunch of feckless animal's those soon to be unemployed office workers!!!
                                                        My office closed 12 months ago and was raided dry. The office I'm in now is not closing and was always only a temporary reprieve for me.

Comment

Just going to bump this a couple of times today before we kick off. Ughh at not all the quotes appearing when i bump it, but you get the drift!

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                          Still time for anyone to get involved in the IPBCOOP 2011. 15 players signed up for the overall crown and they include double UKIPT winner Nick Abou Risk, resident MTT crushers doke and MidniteKowby, previous winners White Knight and Strewelpeter and even a couple of chicks chancing their arm

Games 1 and 2 are on a 7.30/8 this eve and it's Limit Holdem and Limit Stud first up.

The Main thread is here for anyone that needs it. Get involved people, it's great craic

Comment

Argh, all this talk of redundancies just reminds me of how much fun it is to be without a job when you aren't feeling any financial pressure (usually the month or two after leaving your previous employer)...getting up late, setting your own schedule, going out for lengthy lunches whatever day you want!

The only poster here who genuinely makes me jealous of his seemingly idyllic lifestyle is GhostfaceSte; staying up late to watch NFL, playing live poker whenever he wants, I get sooooooo jealous reading his posts Mightn't have very long to go until I find myself in that situation of course, clock is really ticking now, time for a conclusion hopefully...

Comment

not acording to the Top Cop? (this from the Guardian, which is pretty leftie generally)
                                                              yeah I've read that, that was day one. I remember laughing at the dog excrement thing. Logically, how hard is it to brush dried dog shit off you? Unless it was a fresh stain, in which case it is irreverent. I could (and have) stepped in dog shite on my way to work.
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Often curious about this. What constitutes being a pro poker player? When asked what to u do lets say when been chatted up eg whats the responce.
                                                                Do people say not working but playing poker all the time.
                                                                Do u say i am a pro poker player.
                                                                Do u lie and not mention poker.
                                                                More interested to see if people are proud or slightly embarressed to say they play poker full time.
                                                                Not directed purely at u dice as i know your comment was a joke,just got me thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  Would recommend it definitely.
                                                                  I picked it up in May more in hope than expectation because its not the sort of thing I usually read, and I hated the bleedin Hobbits and all those LOTR books.

But 15 weeks later I'm on the fourth book (or Book3, Pt2) and its genuinely gripping, even obsessive stuff. Its a fantastic feat of writing.
                                                                  I downloaded Book One on my Kindle yesterday so will start into it tonight.

I enjoyed the Hobbit and the LOTR even though they wouldn't be my normal read.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                    Often curious about this. What constitutes being a pro poker player? When asked what to u do lets say when been chatted up eg whats the responce.
                                                                    More interested to see if people are proud or slightly embarressed to say they play poker full time.
                                                                    Not directed purely at u dice as i know your comment was a joke,just got me thinking.
                                                                    I am unemployed but play poker in a social setting for fun

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                      Mightn't have very long to go until I find myself in that situation of course, clock is really ticking now, time for a conclusion hopefully...
                                                                      hope you get some sort of finality soon, must be horrible to be stuck in limbo like that

Comment

Argh, all this talk of redundancies just reminds me of how much fun it is to be without a job when you aren't feeling any financial pressure (usually the month or two after leaving your previous employer)...getting up late, setting your own schedule, going out for lengthy lunches whatever day you want!

The only poster here who genuinely makes me jealous of his seemingly idyllic lifestyle is GhostfaceSte; staying up late to watch NFL, playing live poker whenever he wants, I get sooooooo jealous reading his posts Mightn't have very long to go until I find myself in that situation of course, clock is really ticking now, time for a conclusion hopefully...
                                                                        He's bald & crap at pokers. Save your jealousy

Comment

Any shops break release for Gears of War 3?
                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Have a hazy recollection of this kinda conversation with CorkRichie (whos single) & i think the conclusion that poker is better not discussed as a hobby or profession with anyone outside the poker circle be they friends or a potential whatever.

I'd imagine most people on here arent full-time & are more recreational players (like me) who make a few quid every now & then but even talking with any non-poker friends is a pain in the ass and I prefer to not bother where possible.

Comment

My sister has just started college and needs a new laptop. My Dad's company has a deal with Dell afaik so can anybody recommend a decent Dell laptop that should cover what she needs it for? From a glance they seem to be around €400/€500 ish? Much appreciated.

Comment

Wow there's a frase i haven't heard in a while... What are you planning on doing have u got anything lined up or are u going to become an online poker wizard??

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                  Any shops break release for Gears of War 3?
                                                                                  Gamestop: €55.99
                                                                                  HMV: €41.99
                                                                                  Smyths: €49.99
                                                                                  Xtra Vision: €49.99
                                                                                  Game: Wont tell their prices

midnight releases for most of them afaik

Comment

I don't think the cops would arrest the 5 travellers in question and have them charged in court just for the craic! Or to influence public opinion on another matter.
                                                                                    Yeah this was just coincidentally about a year after Forced Labour was legislated as a criminal act in the UK. There is no conspiracy, just beaurocracy as usual.
                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                      My sister has just started college and needs a new laptop. My Dad's company has a deal with Dell afaik so can anybody recommend a decent Dell laptop that should cover what she needs it for? From a glance they seem to be around €400/€500 ish? Much appreciated.
                                                                                      Dell used to be unreal value in the small laptop market, but they're massively overpriced these days. I reckon even with a 15/20% discount you'd still be overpaying compared to Lenovo / Toshiba laptops.

If you must Dell it, get this (13.3inch screen) and upgrade the RAM to 3gb and the battery to the 8cell.

Portable, long battery life - two most important things imo for a college laptop.

This is what I'm getting the bro to get - http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1046365...205-black.html (11.6inch screen)
                                                                                      Last edited by 6starpool; 26-03-14, 11:25.

Comment

My sister has just started college and needs a new laptop. My Dad\'s company has a deal with Dell afaik so can anybody recommend a decent Dell laptop that should cover what she needs it for? From a glance they seem to be around €400/€500 ish? Much appreciated.
                                                                                        Get one with a web cam so we can get pics or GTFO
                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

.

Comment

It is my last month of getting my redundancy monies so I actually applied for a couple of jobs last week, FML

Comment

Heard a joke last night, might be doing the rounds but I laughed anyhow:

What do you call a fat computer?

SPOILER
                                                                                              A Dell

Ah, shouldn't really be laughing at her, she's not even that fat and anyway...she's enough on her plate at the moment, amiright? BOOM BOOM!

Comment

I want to kill half the people I work with. Roll on Friday week and unemployment please. Idiots.
                                                                                                this reminds me of a scene in peepshow

cant find the scene but trust me its funny

Comment

I just say that I play poker for a living. I'm usually uncomfortable talking about it because most people just think "degenerate bastard" and it can be frustrating trying to get across that I actually make decent money at it believe it or not.

My standard now is to lie when I can get away with it (taxi drivers for example).

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                    I am unemployed but play poker in a social setting for fun
                                                                                                    Have a hazy recollection of this kinda conversation with CorkRichie (whos single) & i think the conclusion that poker is better not discussed as a hobby or profession with anyone outside the poker circle be they friends or a potential whatever.

I'd imagine most people on here arent full-time & are more recreational players (like me) who make a few quid every now & then but even talking with any non-poker friends is a pain in the ass and I prefer to not bother where possible.
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Bozzer View Post
                                                                                                    I just say that I play poker for a living. I'm usually uncomfortable talking about it because most people just think "degenerate bastard" and it can be frustrating trying to get across that I actually make decent money at it believe it or not.

My standard now is to lie when I can get away with it (taxi drivers for example).
                                                                                                    I uise to tell people i was involved in Drugs (Transport end) Ever see the transporter??? put a bag into my car give me an address and i deliver no questions asked, use to come up with all type's of stories about switching cars going to cork via galway price's the whole thing, when people got onto me about the moral problems regarding drugs i said yeah i made it all up im unemployed and play a lot of poker, people didn't ask me anything after that! easy game!

Can def get where u guys are coming from If i would just tell people i'm an self employed options trader messing around with some of my savings as i couldnt find a job, little do these people know that most of my options were either fold call or raise the turn. Both professions are very simarly yet poker get's looked down on tell people your trading on the stock market they look @ you like your the next Warren Buffet, lol Life fish!!!

Comment

by the way, if anyone's thinking of playing the Monday donkament in the Fitz tonight - it's probably not a good idea (if driving anyway)

//public service announcement//

Comment

Computer help needed.

When I turn it on I get the following message,

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
                                                                                                        \Windows\System32\Config\System

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows setup using the original Setup CD-ROM. Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.

Obviously I don't have the setup cd, any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                          Computer help needed.

When I turn it on I get the following message,

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
                                                                                                          \Windows\System32\Config\System

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows setup using the original Setup CD-ROM. Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair.

Obviously I don't have the setup cd, any ideas? Thanks.
                                                                                                          what os?

relatively easy to fix with the CD.
                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

And still everyone broadcasts their poker life all Facebook, weird really. I'm not advocating that people should hide it but it is often more hassle than its worth to have to explain away prejudices when one is too public about it.

Comment

which public figure said this?

The thing is, Marysthell, I want to spend my days with the babes
                                                                                                              no Googling

Comment

Repost from a while ago while we're on the subject.. http://www.daleroxxu.co.uk/2009/11/1...out-poker.html

Comment

RTE has Dana about to jump into presidential race.
                                                                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                    RTE has Dana about to jump into presidential race.
                                                                                                                    please let it be 'International' and not 'Rosemary Geebag'

please

Comment

How many oppertunities would Leabhras O'Murchu need for him to realise people don't like him?
                                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Taken from Dale Farm

Apparently some bird chained to gates with noose round her neck if they open she will hang

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                          How many oppertunities would Leabhras O'Murchu need for him to realise people don't like him?
                                                                                                                          now, now

let's not mock the mentally afflicted

on the other hand, he is a cunt so fair game imo

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X