• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    that's about right for an 12 y/o banger
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      ha, oops. Not very good with the UK license plates, somehow thought it was 2005. Esplains a lot.

hmm, this weighing up options lark is no craic

Comment

It does seems a bit cheap tbh...I sensed danger when I read: "Steering wheel rake adjustment"

Comment

ha, oops. Not very good with the UK license plates, somehow thought it was 2005. Esplains a lot.

hmm, this weighing up options lark is no craic
          Did the 2000 Seat Leon in big letters not give it away

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            The average Google search uses the equivalent of turning on a 100W light bulb for 10 seconds in energy. That's a lot!
            That figure is a matter of some debate. Could be the result bit of bad thinking along the lines of the total power Google uses in a day / number of searches in a day. Very unlikely to be a straightforward use of that much energy per search IMO.
            What do our resident physicists think?

Edit Shit! you are our resident physicist!
            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 13-09-11, 10:29.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              That figure is a matter of some debate. Could be the result bit of bad thinking along the lines of the total power Google uses in a day / number of searches in a day. Very unlikely to be a straightforward use of that much energy per search IMO.
              What do our resident physicists think?
              I am the resident physicist!

It's a simple calculation of their data centre power consumption and global search volume. Obviously not rigorous, but a nice little soundbite in any case.

Comment

Did the 2000 Seat Leon in big letters not give it away
                no

Pick me a decent one out of this bunch please.

I like black, small hatchbacks. But willing to completely ignore that preference.

I'm just trying to price up the cost of the next year of my life depending on where I work!

Comment

I like black, small hunchbacks.
                  my internal sense filtering device is malfunctioning

Comment

NAMA in action

not quite Eliot Spitzer
                    Sounds like they were looking for the 80 back went looking at what was left and found that there was only 10 liquid remaining so they said ok we will take that.
                    Didn't make any difference because she's saying GTFO to handing over the 10 anyway. I'm sure then they get to court they will be looking for the full 80 and will end up getting just the property

Comment

It does seems a bit cheap tbh...I sensed danger when I read: "Steering wheel rake adjustment"
                      Sure thats just for the fat bellied folks...lol
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

my internal sense filtering device is malfunctioning
                        we all have our vices

Comment

what are you Kerry lads being so girly about?

Kerry beat Dublin 8/9 times out of ten over the last 35 years. You should be overwhelmingly confident.
                          This is the biggest week of the year for us.

Sunday is like Christmas Day, and you're using your one-time hoping to get a voucher for a 24 hour coke and hookers party instead of a lump of coal.

Comment

no

Pick me a decent one out of this bunch please.

I like black, small hatchbacks. But willing to completely ignore that preference.

I'm just trying to price up the cost of the next year of my life depending on where I work!
                            Paint it black

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

I'm just starting to feel the physical illness of All Ireland week building. Not having a ticket is making it much worse obv.

Can honestly see a classic coming Sunday with Kerry, alas, running out 2-3 point winners
                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

It really does mean that much more to Kerry doesn't it! Whenever I'm down there every man and their dog have an opinion on the football, it's nearly all they talk about during the summer I'm sure there's equally passionate Dubs but nowhere near the percentage in the Kingdom.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                  I'm just starting to feel the physical illness of All Ireland week building. Not having a ticket is making it much worse obv.

Can honestly see a classic coming Sunday with Kerry, alas, running out 2-3 point winners
                                  I thought you had one for yourself?

Keep hounding everyone you know right up to the last minute. As of today very few people actually have a ticket in their hands so obv everyone is panicking. There will be tickets back its just a case of getting lucky. Tipp will prob get about 2/3000 tickets for the minors and I can't see them using them all. It will be too expensive for some people. Others will get one ticket when they need two and will decide not to travel. Some twat might lose the loots on Fri night in the Fitz and decide to sell his tickets instead (actually there's a thought ). Basically don't give up hope, I always find if you want one bad enough (and I know you do) then you'll get one.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                    really? I'm not much of a Golf man, unless it's a MK2, but that's not happening soon!

What do people (with more experience/knowledge than I) think of Mazdas? There's some beast Mazda6s available at decent prices. Insurance would be a bit higher but definitely workable withable.

Or a Mazda3?

Comment

really? I'm not much of a Golf man, unless it's a MK2, but that's not happening soon!

What do people (with more experience/knowledge than I) think of Mazdas?
                                      I thought you wanted a hatchback?
                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                        Anyone want to play drunken low stakes poker on pokerstars? I'll play any game
                                        Oh Oh. The SatNav effect has happened to him..

And this was posted on FB

Michelle Gavigan
                                        Made it through to Friday with a healthy stack. Happy out. ))

The HJ Poker effect has started here!

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                        letter just came in house insurance is up, got a quote for €358, im with FBD, anyone know of anyone cheaper?

Is that for both buildings and house & Contents or separate?

Comment

Hey folks,

Only started using Holdem manager, so a bit of a newb when it comes to setting up the HUD. Can someone direct me to where I can get good HUD configs for SNG's and Tourneys on stars? Or does anyone here have one I can use?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                            It really does mean that much more to Kerry doesn't it! Whenever I'm down there every man and their dog have an opinion on the football, it's nearly all they talk about during the summer I'm sure there's equally passionate Dubs but nowhere near the percentage in the Kingdom.
                                            I genuinely still get depressed somewhat regularly (as in probably a couple of times a year) about the losses in 2002 and 2008, which should both have been routine wins but for tactical idiocy from our management.

2005 is a little easier to forget about, because we were well beaten, but those other two I'll still be lamenting in 40 years' time.

Originally posted by careca View Post

Keep hounding everyone you know right up to the last minute. As of today very few people actually have a ticket in their hands so obv everyone is panicking. There will be tickets back its just a case of getting lucky. Tipp will prob get about 2/3000 tickets for the minors and I can't see them using them all. It will be too expensive for some people. Others will get one ticket when they need two and will decide not to travel. Some twat might lose the loots on Fri night in the Fitz and decide to sell his tickets instead (actually there's a thought ). Basically don't give up hope, I always find if you want one bad enough (and I know you do) then you'll get one.
                                            +1, make sure you're hanging around Jurys Sunday afternoon and you'll have a good shot.

Send me on your number if you want, I'm usually in company with people through whose hands a lot of tickets would pass the day of the game, if I can lay hands on one I'll fire you a text.

Comment

The average Google search uses the equivalent of turning on a 100W light bulb for 10 seconds in energy. That's a lot!
                                              I could probably light croker

Apple have a similar power consumption issue if I remember correctly.
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                I thought you wanted a hatchback?
                                                well that's all I've driven before. I'm fairly open to new experiences though, and I think that they're pretty decent looking cars anyway!

Also, is the BrucePoker game not going to have a MASSIVE overlay? Would have imagined that Monday and Thursday would have been the big number days, and that Tues and Weds will have low turnouts. With less than 100 Buyins yesterday, are they going to be 8/10k off the gt?

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                                                  Hey folks,

Only started using Holdem manager, so a bit of a newb when it comes to setting up the HUD. Can someone direct me to where I can get good HUD configs for SNG's and Tourneys on stars? Or does anyone here have one I can use?

Cheers
                                                  Hey there is a Pokertracker thread open in the Tourny forum, i know it's not Holdem Manager but doke talks through the stats he use's in his Hud, these are easliey added into the hud so even if you dont find the right one, you can fiddle around with it and get all the stats u want

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=10760

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli
                                                    QQ
                                                    where is Fitzwilliam street from the Fitz?

is The Fitz on it or is it around the corner from the Fitz?
                                                    thanks.
                                                    the fitz is on upper fitzwillam st and there is a lower fitzwillam street aswell, but when i checked it on the my GPS Tracking it is telling me there is a fitzwilliam st @ the end of Brdige road which is @ the south end of Pearse st

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                      I have one for myself but I have been going to the games with my best mate for over 15 years. Even if we are not sat together the idea of going to the game without him is just beyond me in some respects. If anything I'd almost feel better if we both were without tickets as at least then we'd be in the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                        I genuinely still get depressed somewhat regularly (as in probably a couple of times a year) about the losses in 2002 and 2008, which should both have been routine wins but for tactical idiocy from our management.

2005 is a little easier to forget about, because we were well beaten, but those other two I'll still be lamenting in 40 years' time.
                                                        Yeah I just wouldn't have that same emotional level of interest in GAA, I'd prob be a little annoyed for a few hours if Dublin lose but that's about it.

Wheras with soccer I still have mental scars thinking about games from years ago. I don't think there'll ever be a day where I won't be tilted thinking about the 05 champions league final and Milan's ridiculous collapse in the second half. Irelands 02 world cup exit another painful one. Don't know why losses stick in the mind more vividly than great wins.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

well that's all I've driven before. I'm fairly open to new experiences though, and I think that they're pretty decent looking cars anyway!

Also, is the BrucePoker game not going to have a MASSIVE overlay? Would have imagined that Monday and Thursday would have been the big number days, and that Tues and Weds will have low turnouts. With less than 100 Buyins yesterday, are they going to be 8/10k off the gt?

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...367#post400274
                                                          They are advertising and overlay alert on the videos Big Iain is doing for them and that was only for the recap of Day 1a.

http://www.brucepoker.com/irish-100-poker-festival A quick Round-up of the first Day of this years 100's Festival. We talk to some of the players and how the...

I am guesstimating a €10k overlay. Thursday will add €20k to the Prizepool if there is a sniff of a decent overlay.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                            They are advertising and overlay alert on the videos Big Iain is doing for them and that was only for the recap of Day 1a.

http://www.brucepoker.com/irish-100-poker-festival A quick Round-up of the first Day of this years 100's Festival. We talk to some of the players and how the...

I am guesstimating a €10k overlay. Thursday will add €20k to the Prizepool if there is a sniff of a decent overlay.
                                                            That reminds me I was suppoesed to do some interview yoke with Iain but left in amazement after my bust out hand. Seriously shocking standard, well worth a trip out for at least 1 buy-in

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                              UEFA now told by a swiss court to reinstate FC Sion. Even though Sion broke UEFA's rules, and Clubs are not allowed to go to Court by UEFA rules.

This is a farce.
                                                              I think its a unique situtation because UEFA are based in Switzerland and Sion are also.
                                                              So within reason UEFA can ignore what a UK or German or EU court says, and a Swiss court may not grant jurisdiction to a protest by a Scottish club or a French club etc.
                                                              But in this case a Swiss court would consider themselves to have binding power over a dispute between two Swiss companies (Sion and UEFA) and wouldn't accept UEFAs 'clubs arent allowed go to court' rule.
                                                              Deeply frustating for Celtic obviously.

All this is very much 'the man in the pub' legal knowledge, I may be completely wrong.

Comment

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...367#post400274

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                That reminds me I was suppoesed to do some interview yoke with Iain but left in amazement after my bust out hand. Seriously shocking standard, well worth a trip out for at least 1 buy-in
                                                                Feck... getting the itch to play!!! No overlay - place will be packed both wednesday and thursday!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                  Will you not be trying again?
                                                                  I'll be surprised if there is much of an overlay, Thursday night will be hectic

I was intending to give it a spin but I can't play Friday night so there is no point.

Comment

Use Blackle so.
                                                                    It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                      I think its a unique situtation because UEFA are based in Switzerland and Sion are also.
                                                                      So within reason UEFA can ignore what a UK or German or EU court says, and a Swiss court may not grant jurisdiction to a protest by a Scottish club or a French club etc.
                                                                      But in this case a Swiss court would consider themselves to have binding power over a dispute between two Swiss companies (Sion and UEFA) and wouldn't accept UEFAs 'clubs arent allowed go to court' rule.

All this is very much 'the man in the pub' legal knowledge, I may be completely wrong.
                                                                      You're pretty much bang on. Only swiss clubs have this avenue of appeal. They already lost in the Cours of Sporting Arbitration, and took this action as a last ditch effort.

The appeal hearing is over, and we'll know the answer at 2pm.
                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I was intending to give it a spin but I can't play Friday night so there is no point.
                                                                        All Day 1's capped at 200 atm but I would that will change if there is a sizable overlay looming.

Comment

I am the resident physicist!

It's a simple calculation of their data centre power consumption and global search volume. Obviously not rigorous, but a nice little soundbite in any case.
                                                                          Are you sure? That seems unreal high? I know data centres are very high power consumption wise and your search request probably goes through a few datacentres, but google must perfrom billions of searches everyday. Then again maybe turning on a bulb for 10s doesn't use that much power either!

Comment

Yeah will be playing one of the other days again

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

You've hit the nail on the head here. I genuinely had thought the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                Are you sure? That seems unreal high? I know data centres are very high power consumption wise and your search request probably goes through a few datacentres, but google must perfrom billions of searches everyday. Then again maybe turning on a bulb for 10s doesn't use that much power either!
                                                                                From the horses mouth:

Insights from Googlers into our products, technology, and the Google culture

They use 0.01% of the world's power.

Comment

Is it just me or is there alot of interesting matches tonight for the first game of the CL group stages? It's a pity Barca-Meelan is made so much less interesting by the fact that it's not all that important given the other teams in the group but still, some quality games today and tomorrow.
                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                    Is it just me or is there alot of interesting matches tonight for the first game of the CL group stages? It's a pity Barca-Meelan is made so much less interesting by the fact that it's not all that important given the other teams in the group but still, some quality games today and tomorrow.
                                                                                    Ibra is out for tonight which further takes the edge off the game

Opr

Comment

You've hit the nail on the head here. I genuinely had thought the exact same thing.
                                                                                      I was thinking that UEFA should threaten to chuck Switzerland out of UEFA and maybe make a statement that they are considering moving there offices to another country.

I was also thinking LOL Celtic

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                        I was thinking that UEFA should threaten to chuck Switzerland out of UEFA and maybe make a statement that they are considering moving there offices to another country.

It's a very dangerous precident UEFA are setting if they allow Sion back in. They may as well throw their rulebook out the window.
                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Agent Smith will be on the case don't worry, Sion is history

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                            It's a very dangerous precident UEFA are setting if they allow Sion back in. They may as well throw their rulebook out the window.
                                                                                            I doubt they will let them in unless they have no option

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                            Agent Smith will be on the case don't worry, Sion is history
                                                                                            Ooh and ya, on top of fucking Switzerland, Id try to put Sion out of business for coming the cnut!

Somebody should put me in charge of something important

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                              Ibra is out for tonight which further takes the edge off the game

Opr
                                                                                              Maybe not the worst thing considering his iffy CL record, but would have been fun after his comments about Guardiola.

City Napoli is potentially the best game of the first week IMO. That whole group is just full of great attacking teams, best group since United Barca and Bayern were in the same group back in 1999.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

So I guess I have about a million pages to catch up on?
                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                  So I guess I have about a million pages to catch up on?
                                                                                                  i havent been drinking a whole pile lately so dont bother
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                    i havent been drinking a whole pile lately so dont bother
                                                                                                    Hey michelle how did you get on in Maynooth were u playing last night?

Comment

All Day 1's capped at 200 atm but I would that will change if there is a sizable overlay looming.
                                                                                                      If they got 200 on any night it could spin up close to 30K, more realistic would be a total approaching 20K coming in on Thursday, they got 10K last night. The less they get on the next two nights the more chance they have of getting a crowd looking to grab a share of the overlay on Thursday.
                                                                                                      I suppose its going to be close enough, I hope they make it its great to see some new ideas to build a good pot, they deserve to do well.

Comment

This place worth very cent ....and so classy too

Find Property For Rent in Ireland. Search 1,867 properties for rent in Ireland on Daft.ie now.
                                                                                                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                        http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                          got on brill the table was as loose as fuck anyone that raised got at least 5 callers lol so i played very tight and just waited and waited, played around 5 hands in 2 hours, lol I ended up with 42k average is around 32k

looking forward to friday now
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Just got a new laptop. What was the free Internet security that was linked in here?

Also, anything else I should be installing?

Comment

Australia -11.5 printing money?

Comment

If they got 200 on any night it could spin up close to 30K, more realistic would be a total approaching 20K coming in on Thursday, they got 10K last night. The less they get on the next two nights the more chance they have of getting a crowd looking to grab a share of the overlay on Thursday.
                                                                                                                I suppose its going to be close enough, I hope they make it its great to see some new ideas to build a good pot, they deserve to do well.
                                                                                                                id imagine they will get around 70 ish tonight and tomorrow night, I reckon thursday will be mental which for their sake I really hope it is.

Ado, eddie and foxy really deserve for this to be a success, Id say its gonna be a mad weekend, the hotel is fantastic too.

I dont know how there is not more playing for the sake of 100 quid, it really is easy to get through to friday the standard is shockingly bad.

I would say come saturday /sunday quite a few will probably regret not playing this!
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                                  Just got a new laptop. What was the free Internet security that was linked in here?

The easiest, fastest way to update or install software. Ninite downloads and installs programs automatically in the background.

Chrome
                                                                                                                  Skype
                                                                                                                  VLC
                                                                                                                  Flash
                                                                                                                  Java
                                                                                                                  Air
                                                                                                                  Shockwave
                                                                                                                  Picasa
                                                                                                                  OpenOffice
                                                                                                                  Essentials

MalwareBytes
                                                                                                                  DropBox
                                                                                                                  TeamViewer
                                                                                                                  CCleaner
                                                                                                                  Defraggler
                                                                                                                  Glary
                                                                                                                  Winrar

Essentials is the AntiVirus etc that you need... Get the rest though

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Australia -11.5 printing money?
                                                                                                                      wait for teamsheets and weather forecast. Long way to go yet.

I can see them killing us if the weather is good though.

Originally posted by Brendan Fanning
                                                                                                                      As for Saturday, the 15 who Declan Kidney looks like putting in business class are:

15 Kearney
                                                                                                                      14 Bowe
                                                                                                                      13 O’Driscoll
                                                                                                                      12 D’Arcy
                                                                                                                      11 Earls
                                                                                                                      10 Sexton
                                                                                                                      9 Reddan
                                                                                                                      8 Heaslip
                                                                                                                      7 SOB
                                                                                                                      6 Ferris
                                                                                                                      5 DOC
                                                                                                                      4 POC
                                                                                                                      3 Ross
                                                                                                                      2 Best
                                                                                                                      1 Healy
                                                                                                                      Brendan Fanning Rugby on Wordpress in association with Sportsfile.com

No idea what Trimble has to do to get involved. Baffling if this is the truth. D'Arcy has been cat too

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                                        Did you even look at the last page?

Comment

so my number is now ported to my new network (3) and my SGS2 is making\receiving calls and texts. Great. It's also connecting to my wireless network at home...but no internet access when wandering the streets.

What do I do tech genii of the BBV?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X