This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Cliffs on the rugby for the beleaguered?
    "High"lights of todays 3 games due to start on Setanta now

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
      http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Cliffs on the rugby for the beleaguered?
          rugby's shit, mate.
          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
            Not doing a Kayroo, I promise. I genuinely enjoyed reading this!
            *cough*

obviously

Comment

I'm willing to try any and all suggested hangover cures, just for the record.

Comment

Anybody know of any way to view the All-Ireland match on line next week from Italy. Presume RTE will stream it but think you can only view the stream when you are in Ireland?

Complete and utter tech spa here so please explain to me like I'm a five year old

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                    ffs!
                    Outplayed.

Comment

2 sausages, 2 rashers, waffles, and cheese on top of a burger. instead of buns use mini-pizzas.

Comment

Toast and honey
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                        http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

dioralyte from the chemist, lucosade sport from the shop, and a bacon double cheeseburger from BK.

Obviously there is one massive flaw in this - unwillingness to move...
                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

I should have said willing to ponder all hangover cures, as rufio has shrewdly spotted I'm not actually going to get out of bed anytime soon.

Comment

fry bacon and place on heel of bread and cover in grated cheese and grill and serve with a fried duck egg while cheese is melting + hot sweet tea

just had and worked again

Comment

Just listening to some one-off concert Basement Jaxx did with this Dutch orchestra in Eindhoven.

It's on Grooveshark for anyone interested, it's all kinds of awesome imo.

Taster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuxidzyoA-0
                                This didn't get enough/any love. Ive been listening to it non-stop - it's class.

Comment

What a bunch of deplorable cnuts.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                    fry bacon and place on heel of bread and cover in grated cheese and grill and serve with a fried duck egg while cheese is melting + hot sweet tea

just had and worked again
                                    Sweet tea is interesting me in a big way.

Comment

Strong cup of Barry's should do the job Keane.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                        Good PR by them right there

What is the story with the redundancy people are looking for? I see management are looking to give them 4.5 weeks per year is that right? What are staff looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                          I'm laughing my hole off at people deploring companies using "non-UK" call centers when it's the Irish call center that's closing down.

but yeah, profit is king. Fuck you, got mine.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                            Good PR by them right there

What is the story with the redundancy people are looking for? I see management are looking to give them 4.5 weeks per year is that right? What are staff looking for.
                                            4.5 is whats on the table yep. They made a bunch of people redundant in March and they got 4.5 weeks too, but the previous March, the first lot to be made redundant (which I was in) got 7 weeks.

They'll be pushing for something along the lines of 7 I'm sure, and hopefully with some Govt pressure they will get more than 4.5 weeks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                              Strong cup of Barry's should do the job Keane.
                                              Fu

I'm very proud of that TR

Comment

Fu

I'm very proud of that TR
                                                yeah it was a very funny TR.

Any BBVers who haven't read it should check it out.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

@Kev - no point being evil if you're not going to enjoy it.

Comment

Just posted this in the person to person thread but maybe someone might help me out here.

Looking for $110 on Poker Stars for my Paddy Power will send $120 in return and will ship first .

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                      That's probably enough of an answer right there Dub!

Ciaran Corbett aka Megatron would be the man to ask. He's 'tight' with Barry Hearn and I'm almost certain said Mr Hearn is/was involved with it.
                                                      Pretty sure it was cancelled.

Comment

For all of you who are oblivious our 5starpool is sitting 2nd in chips on Day 3 of the UKIPT Dublin we also a few more of the lads still in with a shot also come and rail all the action over this WAY
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

From an interview with George Hooka nd the other rugby panellists

Originally posted by George Hook
                                                          GH: It was incomprehensible from day one that Declan Kidney did not have two number sevens. If we go out against Australia with Seán O’Brien at number seven I will throw up. He will be like Little Red Riding Hood in a forest of wolves. He will be eaten alive by David Pocock. Kidney’s lack of understanding of the role of number seven in the modern game baffles me. Like everybody, I couldn’t and cannot understand why Tony Buckley is on the plane. It just defies everything I know about this game in a lifetime involved in it. I cannot believe it.

Despite all the preparation, despite all the programme management; we are going there as undercooked as we were there in ’07. I am as worried, concerned and depressed as I was in ’07. When I came home from France in ’07 I said this will never happen again. It can’t happen. [Former IRFU officer] Eddie Coleman says coming away from Lens, ‘This will never happen again’. They came away from Paris saying this will never happen again.

They have created precisely the same situation: giving the coach a contract before the World Cup, going over there underprepared, going over there with the wrong players. It should never happen in Ireland. We have a small number of players, we are a small island, we could throw a stone from one rugby club to the next; we’re not bloody England or New Zealand and they still can’t get it bloody right. It’s incredible. I would pick the Leinster backline en masse and put in Joe Schmidt [coaching the backs]. I would put Kidney in charge of the rooming list. You can print that.
                                                          Last edited by Fuzzy Logic; 11-09-11, 12:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                            Grom an interview with George Hooka nd the other rugby panellists

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...97.html?via=mr
                                                            That's some statement from Hook. Completely agree with him though.

I called it IMO.

Comment

Who decided it was a good idea or a fitting tribute to call out 3000 names? Can't imagine anything more boring.

Comment

There are some cracking lines in that article

George Hook
                                                                'The ultimate in political correctness is NBC’s coverage of the Olympics where they won’t show boxing but they will show gymnastics; where the panel consists of a black person, a white person and a yellow person. All have perfect teeth, all have perfect hair, all are good looking and there is a man and a woman; they tick every box. I am absolutely sure that if NBC could find a black lesbian in a wheelchair they would put her on the panel . . . she would tick all the boxes'

Comment

Look, this is the price of winning a Grandslam in the middle of a World Cup Cycle. The hand wringing now about us being undercooked is a little ridiculous. When the last world cup ended we weren't making selection decisions in line with getting the best squad together for New Zealand 2011. No players who were unlikely / definitely not going to make 2011 should have been selected in 2008 and 2009.

Dempsey, Easterby, Horan, Hayes and Murphy all started against Italy in February 2008. We deserve everything that is happening to us now (just as we deserved everything that happened to us in 2009).

How many of you wielding the axe now would be willing to put up with the embarrassing results that France ship in the run up to world cups time and time again? We demand competitiveness at every 6 Nations Championship and every time one of the Tri Nations roll into town in the Autumn.
                                                                  Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 11-09-11, 13:00.
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Meh, a winning start. Room for improvement, playing arguably the best in the world next week, nothing to lose there, Don't think it's such a big disaster, just need to beat Italy and then we have a real go at a vunerable SA team when the draw is worked out. . Now go wrap Paul O'Connell in cotton wool . O'Brien will be in the next game (right Emmet)

Comment

Comment

Can anyone do a swap 50 on boyles for stars? Holla.

Comment

Can anyone reccommend a good smartphone game for 2 players? We've gone through Risk,Chess and Scrabble so far.
                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Quick TR on the Connacht match yesterday - great atmosphere pre-match despite the showers and blustery conditions. Sportsground actually looked more like a stadium then ever with the redevelopment and the new covered terrace. I'd like to know what the attendance yesterday was, seemed to top 3,000 anyhow. Great banter during the game and LOADS of abuse thrown at the really inconsistent ref, some of his decisions were bizarre and Connacht defo got the worst of them for the first 3/4 of the match. I never actually thought the Scarlets would win, even when they were piling on the pressure they couldn't put points up on the board. George played an absolute stormer, very deserving man of the match, what a star

Out last night in Galway, all the pubs / businesses are really getting behind the team, like I've never seen before, very impressive stuff seeing big posters of the team in the biggest pubs in town. Hopefully all the new sponsorship money flowing Connacht's way will allow them to reach even greater heights in the near future!

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                              Can anyone reccommend a good smartphone game for 2 players? We've gone through Risk,Chess and Scrabble so far.
                                                                              Pray tell what happens at the final levels of those games
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                you have to defeat Kayroo, obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  Pretty much what you'd expect,might be missing something in your question though.
                                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                    Quick TR on the Connacht match yesterday - great atmosphere pre-match despite the showers and blustery conditions. Sportsground actually looked more like a stadium then ever with the redevelopment and the new covered terrace. I'd like to know what the attendance yesterday was, seemed to top 3,000 anyhow. Great banter during the game and LOADS of abuse thrown at the really inconsistent ref, some of his decisions were bizarre and Connacht defo got the worst of them for the first 3/4 of the match. I never actually thought the Scarlets would win, even when they were piling on the pressure they couldn't put points up on the board. George played an absolute stormer, very deserving man of the match, what a star

Out last night in Galway, all the pubs / businesses are really getting behind the team, like I've never seen before, very impressive stuff seeing big posters of the team in the biggest pubs in town. Hopefully all the new sponsorship money flowing Connacht's way will allow them to reach even greater heights in the near future!
                                                                                    The attendance was either 3400 or 3800 if memory serves....'twas an enjoyable game to watch. Connacht should have won by more and once they gel a bit better I think they will be a very decent squad. Some great signings by Elwood.
                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                      you have to defeat Kayroo, obv.
                                                                                      I genuinely considered going for the World Scrabble Championships more than once. I average roughly 300 and on rare occasions can pull out a 400+ which is about the scores needed to compete in the Irish National Championships but to qualify for the world championships you need to win it outright as Ireland is only allocated 1 spot in the championships based on past performances.

The difference between Scrabble with friends and competitive Scrabble is simply unimaginable.
                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                                                                                        Just posted this in the person to person thread but maybe someone might help me out here.

Looking for $110 on Poker Stars for my Paddy Power will send $120 in return and will ship first .
                                                                                        Will send 140 for 110 , bit of a hangover and too lazy to go get ukash.

Comment

Whoever recommended The Jezebels the other day wp. Dark Storm EP is excellent. Looking forward to Steelers Ravens soon

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                            Whoever recommended The Jezebels the other day wp. Dark Storm EP is excellent. Looking forward to Steelers Ravens soon
                                                                                            2 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                              Meh, a winning start. Room for improvement, playing arguably the best in the world next week, nothing to lose there, Don't think it's such a big disaster, just need to beat Italy and then we have a real go at a vunerable SA team when the draw is worked out. . Now go wrap Paul O'Connell in cotton wool . O'Brien will be in the next game (right Emmet)
                                                                                              Agreed. By the time we play our most important games (Italy and the Q final) we should be in good nick IF the players can keep a positive attitude and we avoid injuries. Nobody wins the Heineken cup playing their best stuff in the pool stages. WC is no different just look at England at the last WC.

But those are two big IFs and it requires a lot of belief in "the plan".

The number one Irish team as I see it is as follows;

Cian Healy
                                                                                              Jerry Flannery
                                                                                              Mike Ross
                                                                                              POC
                                                                                              DOC
                                                                                              Sean O'Brien
                                                                                              Shane Jennings
                                                                                              Jamie Heaslip
                                                                                              Eoin Reddan
                                                                                              ROG
                                                                                              Darcy
                                                                                              BOD
                                                                                              Tommy Bowe
                                                                                              Keith Earls
                                                                                              Rob Kearney

(6 players of which did not start today for good reasons as we were always going to beat the US and we needed to give game time to Murray, Court, Ferris, Sexton and Murphy and he probably wanted to protect Flannery a little bit)

Replacements when the best team is starting should be
                                                                                              Rory Best
                                                                                              Tom Court
                                                                                              Isaac Boss
                                                                                              Johnny Sexton
                                                                                              Stephen Ferris
                                                                                              Geordan Murphy or Andrew Trimble depending on how we feel about Earls at full back in an emergency.
                                                                                              Leo Cullen

The only question in my mind is will Kidney continue to mix and match the team until the Italy game or will he play it against Oz and then mix and match until the Italy game.

Based on the Wales v SA game today you wouldn't mind playing either of them but SA are most likely to improve.

Beating Australia would be a huge boost for morale but winning against Italy and winning the Q final is all that matters.

The next team announcement from Kidney is when he really starts to reveal his hand and the extent of his ambition for this World Cup.
                                                                                              Last edited by V for Vendetta; 11-09-11, 15:18.
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                Look, this is the price of winning a Grandslam in the middle of a World Cup Cycle. The hand wringing now about us being undercooked is a little ridiculous. When the last world cup ended we weren't making selection decisions in line with getting the best squad together for New Zealand 2011. No players who were unlikely / definitely not going to make 2011 should have been selected in 2008 and 2009.

Dempsey, Easterby, Horan, Hayes and Murphy all started against Italy in February 2008. We deserve everything that is happening to us now (just as we deserved everything that happened to us in 2009).

How many of you wielding the axe now would be willing to put up with the embarrassing results that France ship in the run up to world cups time and time again? We demand competitiveness at every 6 Nations Championship and every time one of the Tri Nations roll into town in the Autumn.

I don't think we do actually. The bandwagoners might want results but the fan who pays the price of tickets, who is a Leinster/Munster/Ulter/Connaught fan would be perfectly happy if we shipped results like France and got dicked in the Autumn if it meant giving other guys were given a run out. The problem is we stick to the same team, barring injuries, nearly all the time and we still ship embarrassing results like france and get turned over by the majority of the time in Autumn.

Comment

Neville been shipped into the co-com spot I see

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                    I don't think we do actually. The bandwagoners might want results but the fan who pays the price of tickets, who is a Leinster/Munster/Ulter/Connaught fan would be perfectly happy if we shipped results like France and got dicked in the Autumn if it meant giving other guys were given a run out. The problem is we stick to the same team, barring injuries, nearly all the time and we still ship embarrassing results like france and get turned over by the majority of the time in Autumn.
                                                                                                    Come on now, we've suffered nothing like what France suffered against Australia last November.

Cian Healy
                                                                                                    Jerry Flannery
                                                                                                    Mike Ross
                                                                                                    POC
                                                                                                    DOC
                                                                                                    Sean O'Brien
                                                                                                    Shane Jennings
                                                                                                    Jamie Heaslip
                                                                                                    Eoin Reddan
                                                                                                    ROG
                                                                                                    Darcy
                                                                                                    BOD
                                                                                                    Tommy Bowe
                                                                                                    Keith Earls
                                                                                                    Rob Kearney
                                                                                                    I think I'd throw McFadden in for D'Arcy, Ferris to start if fit, and try Boss at SH. But the above is better than what will start next Saturday...
                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Come on now, we've suffered nothing like what France suffered against Australia last November.

Not to that scale but we've still been easily beaten a good few times.

Comment

let's not forget the Aussies lost to Samoa early this year.

didnt finish da post, so for yer fantasy teams it might be worth picking a couple of Samons against Nimibia
                                                                                                        Last edited by Solskjaer; 11-09-11, 16:11.

Comment

I think I'd throw McFadden in for D'Arcy, Ferris to start if fit, and try Boss at SH. But the above is better than what will start next Saturday...
                                                                                                          I'm a massive McFaddan fan. Huge. But he has a tendency to disappear a bit in the really big games. He hasn't made the full jump to the very top level yet. D'Arcy is struggling but I'm hoping he's fully recovered by the time we really need him. It would be good to give McFaddan a go against the aussies though....

Would you really play an unbalanced backrow to accommodate Ferris? or use him for genuine impact with 25 minutes to go? He was great today though. The brightest spot on the day for me.

Thinking about the Oz game I think I pick the following team with a view to peaking against Italy and in the Q-final.

Healy
                                                                                                          Flannery
                                                                                                          Court
                                                                                                          Donnacha Ryan
                                                                                                          POC
                                                                                                          SOB
                                                                                                          Heaslip
                                                                                                          Jennings
                                                                                                          Reddan
                                                                                                          ROG
                                                                                                          McFaddan
                                                                                                          BOD
                                                                                                          Trimble
                                                                                                          Bowe
                                                                                                          Kearney

PS Just discussing all of the above with the bro and he reminded me of something I couldn't understand today. Why wasn't Mike Ross taken off after 50 minutes? That was a bit silly and unnecessary by Kidney.

PPS I really thought Gatland was poor today. Mike phillips should have been subbed at 60 minutes. Andy Powell should have come on at 6 with 15 minutes to go and Hook should have gone to 10 for the last 15 minutes in my mind. Wales had a historic win thrown away against a poor enough Bok team.

Comment

Going to play in a 3k gtd now,

using my one time, im due, doing a doke on it etc!
                                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Gwan the Wexford girls

Comment

Hope we take the Jags tonight. Be a great start to the season.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                                                                  Hope we take the Jags tonight. Be a great start to the season.
                                                                                                                  LolCork have an NFL team?

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                                    LolCork have an NFL team?
                                                                                                                    Hahahaha.

No.

Comment

Some superb early games to kick things off. Going to watch Steelers @ Ravens, Falcons @ Bears and Eagles @ Rams. I fancy a few early upsets too.

One thing for sure, Sunday nights are going to be awesome for the next few months.

Comment

Great seeing Cadle back on the TV again.

This game is going to be sick.

Comment

Fuck off De Niro. SS must be about 3 mins behind live cos have the philly stream up and all this stuff has been done already

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X