This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zod View Post
    By my words I may be some Utopian Superman but in reality I'm a dystopian shortarse.
    You and me both.

Also it really is just familiarity with most people on here. I'm posting here around about as much time as Keane and I never noticed a clique.

Also "Free the Monaghan 1"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
      Gary Neville is a genius. The wolfpack are cunts. Phil Neville is a genius and Neville Neville has traces of Jesus in his semen.
      Post of the Year

Comment

Any idea how much a Laptop to TV cable would cost.
        Also would I need to bring laptop in when buying the cable?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
          The internet/email = mash head on keyboard.Press return.
          It's ok though. We all have spell check
          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
            Mullinahone.
            my cousins from there hurled for tipp batteled alcholism then think u know who im on abt

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              would probably be best to bring it in mine cost my 24 quid

Comment

you can get hdmi cables from the euro shop or on amazon for like 2 quid

this along with an liveonliefooty subscription for the year is a great call

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                  internet forums are a grey area that fall between the realms of communication and entertaintainment. Some use it purely for information while others use it purely as a source of entertainment. Argueably most fall in between. To suggest that there is a social "norm" for how one should act on an internet forum - which is still a relatively new phenomenon in the grand scheme of things is a little silly

I still maintain it is possible (and quite common) to have a different online persona compared to how you act IRL - but yeah citation needed and all that

You could say the same thing about a pub or a poker table, however chances are that if your a prick in the pub your a prick in the office and a prick on internet forums. Likewise if your not very funny in the pub your not....etc etc

on the other hand there are lots of people that will say a lot more on a forum than in a public setting but that is not necessarily a bad thing.
                  twitter
                  moneybookers

Comment

does your laptop have a HDMI output?

What imputs does your TV have?

I'd recommend putting your TV and Laptop into the bootof your car then parking in town and trying to convince a Maplins employee to come around to the carpark to have a look at your inputs.
                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

If your TV has VGA in then €5 or so if you've a good/new laptop with HDMI out then about €10
                      twitter
                      moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                        my cousins from there hurled for tipp batteled alcholism then think u know who im on abt
                        wonder is it the same dude who glassed someone in england scum bag on and off the field
                        from a county who loves Michael lowry tipp droolers imo trhe lot of yee

Comment

does your laptop have a HDMI output?

What imputs does your TV have?

I'd recommend putting your TV and Laptop into the bootof your car then parking in town and trying to convince a Maplins employee to come around to the carpark to have a look at your inputs.
                          Laptop is a year old Dell Inspiron with lots of holes

TV is a year old Beko flatscreen with lots of round holes.

Thats about my limit on technology.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                            Anyone read the poker book "Kill Everyone"?

Is it any good?
                            Yes and Yes. Very good at the math around bubble play, ICM, optimal push fold strategy etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                              You could say the same thing about a pub or a poker table, however chances are that if your a prick in the pub your a prick in the office and a prick on internet forums. Likewise if your not very funny in the pub your not....etc etc

on the other hand there are lots of people that will say a lot more on a forum than in a public setting but that is not necessarily a bad thing.
                              Actually that got me thinking - internet forums are strange in so far as the constant (or at least regular) interaction of people who have had a bit to drink and those who are stone cold sober. Id say without doubt Iv caused the most trouble for myself here after Iv been on the sauce. Its a bit like ending up in mass on a sunday morning being the same level of drunk you were at 2am the night before. Add in a scope for giving an opinion on anything relevent and its a recipie for disaster

As for the sports posting well thats just natural innit - how many times will you have the same arguement with people over sports. Doesnt really mean you are a prick in every aspect of your life just that sports be driving you crazy

tl;dr

you're all nevilles

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post

Don't know about that, I've seen many a prick at the poker table who are sound away from the tables, just brings out the worst in them. Same with any competitive sport, you'd often find physcho's on the pitch who could be the nicest people in the world off it.

People be complex
                                Profit before people.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Actually that got me thinking - internet forums are strange in so far as the constant (or at least regular) interaction of people who have had a bit to drink and those who are stone cold sober. Id say without doubt Iv caused the most trouble for myself here after Iv been on the sauce. Its a bit like ending up in mass on a sunday morning being the same level of drunk you were at 2am the night before. Add in a scope for giving an opinion on anything relevent and its a recipie for disaster

As for the sports posting well thats just natural innit - how many times will you have the same arguement with people over sports. Doesnt really mean you are a prick in every aspect of your life just that sports be driving you crazy

tl;dr

you're all nevilles
                                    This forum is different to most others imo, because there's a fairly good chance anyone you have an argument with on here is someone you're going to end up meeting in person somewhere down the line.

The anonymity is stripped right back on IPB which is a good thing by and large I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                      That's what the guy in Peats told me. Said just take a photo on your phone of all the various holes in laptop and tv and then come back.
                                      Sounds like a good plan, cheers H.

PS - u still have 89 to spend this month

Comment

Its a bit like ending up in mass on a sunday morning being the same level of drunk you were at 2am the night before.
                                        lol culchies

Think people, and I genuinely have nobody in mind here, who act wildly different online to how they act in person must be very uncomfortable in themselves and the anonymity of online gives them a chance to be the person they'd like to be irl, and say the things they'd like to say irl, but couldn't get away with. But you're never really going to change that. That probably affects everyone, just to some people it affects them to a far greater degree than others.
                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                          Still have a big smile on my face after the Sunderland game.

All their big talk before the game, all the money they've spent, and they're a shambles. Hatchetmen like Bardsley and Cattermole(yes we have Barton but he can actually play some), no strikers to speak of(Gyan just isn't a loan striker, good player that he is, he's used completely wrong by Mrs.Doubtfire), Wickham totally unproven in the EPL. Bruce will be lucky if he lasts the season.

Ryan Taylor has gone from something of a figure of dread, you'd see his name on the team sheet and think 'oh bollocks'(also known as the Paul McShane fallacy) to a cult figure overnight. He's done pretty well at LB actually in the last few games(we still need a lb in though) and has always had a cannon of a right foot.

He's in the Andy O'Brien/Dabizas bracket, good honest lads who always gave their best despite limited ability but wrote themselves in club folklore with massive goals vs Sunderland.

And yes yes, small club mentality, being so pleased over beating your local no-mark rivals.
                                          Sunderland to finish higher than Newcastle in the PL this year, €200 at evens?
                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Did cooker3 ever make the transition over here?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                              think he posted occasionally about trips to the cricket world cup and being kidnapped and forced to work in a bangladeshi sweatshop.

Comment

Bought a rug, really ties the room together.

FAO: Tyler Durden: you probably won't get the above reference.
                                                Gary Neville is a genius. The wolfpack are cunts. Phil Neville is a genius and Neville Neville has traces of Jesus in his semen.
                                                Is the last bit meant to be a compliment to cunt cunt?
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

incidentally, it doesn't get any more real life than on the internet. On the internet people let their masks slip a little / a lot depending on who they are and you can get a real view of their personalities as a result.

It's also rapidly becoming the new social norm, for any given poster in here we probably spend more time interacting on this forum than we do socially and in some cases more than we do in work or with family. This is repeated the world over on various fora and is effectively the new real life for a lot of people.

When people revert to "internet, serious business" I find it funny because you are putting things in writing forever more that you would probably hesitate to articulate verbally with no record kept. That a lot of people still haven't copped/don't think about it is funny....

...until it costs them a relationship/job
                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                    he has been off traveling asia. off to china soon afaik

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post

It means we might well be witnessing the second coming of Jesus on Sky Sports every weekend, rejoice on this occasion
                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Gary Neville is a Neville. The wolfpack are Nevilles. Phil Neville is a Neville and Neville Neville has traces of Neville in his Neville.
                                                        fyp

Comment

Dilemma.

Just been offered a trip to Majorca in September with a couple of lads I know.

€560 for a week all inclusive, breakfast, lunch, dinner, poolside snacks, beer, vodka, whiskey and wine from 10am – 12am, flights and everything which seems like a pretty good deal (is it?).

Only issue is we would leave the 17th, with the AI final being the 18th :puke:

Anybody been to Majorca in September care to comment on the weather and how busy the place will be?

Comment

You'll be thirsty from 12am - 10am.

Comment

I regularly use the mantra "serious business" for the simple reason that irl social interaction is "serious business" too. Differing opinions over pointless mundane nonsense and percieved slights on characters end up in overblown arguments which usually are forgotten about the next day.

Kudos on the rug buying SHD. Did you get it from the back of a guy's van?

Comment

Ten Best Caddy Responses

Number: 10
                                                                Golfer: "I think I'm going to drown myself in the lake."
                                                                Caddy: "Think you can keep your head down that long?"

Number: 9
                                                                Golfer: "I'd move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course."
                                                                Caddy: "Try heaven, you've already moved most of the earth."

Number: 8
                                                                Golfer: "Do you think my game is improving?"
                                                                Caddy: "Yes . . . . you miss the ball much closer now."

Number: 7
                                                                Golfer: "Do you think I can get there with a 5 iron?"
                                                                Caddy: "Eventually."

Number: 6
                                                                Golfer: "You've got to be the worst caddy in the world."
                                                                Caddy: "I don't think so . . . .that would be too much of a coincidence."

Number: 5
                                                                Golfer: "Please stop checking your watch all the time. It's too much of a distraction."
                                                                Caddy: "It's not a watch - it's a compass."

Number: 4
                                                                Golfer: "How do you like my game?"
                                                                Caddy: "It's very good - but personally, I prefer golf."

Number: 3
                                                                Golfer: "Do you think it's a sin to play on Sunday?
                                                                Caddy: "The way you play, it's a sin on any day."

Number: 2
                                                                Golfer: "This is the worst course I've ever played on."
                                                                Caddy: "This isn't the golf course . . . . We left that an hour ago."

And the Number: 1 . . . . Best Caddy Comment:
                                                                Golfer: "That can't be my ball, it's too old."
                                                                Caddy: "It's been a long time since we teed off, sir."

Comment

http://www.holiday-weather.com/major...ges/september/

You'll be thirsty from 12am - 10am.
                                                                  I'll come clean, abundance of loose women is the only thing I'm particularly interested in

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    I'll come clean, abundance of loose women is the only thing I'm particularly interested in
                                                                    don't know if you'd get ITV over there.

Comment

What? I don't even...

Watch less TV Zod!

Comment

If you don't find them in Majorca you may aswell cut off your Johnson.
                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I regularly use the mantra "serious business" for the simple reason that irl social interaction is "serious business" too. Differing opinions over pointless mundane nonsense and percieved slights on characters end up in overblown arguments which usually are forgotten about the next day.

Kudos on the rug buying SHD. Did you get it from the back of a guy's van?
                                                                          Yep, his name was Argos.

Comment

If you don't find them in Majorca you may aswell cut off your Johnson.
                                                                            That sounds positive...

Some stories/trip report excerpts would be much appreciated.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

That sounds positive...

I heard that one lad went to Majorca one time and got laid.

Comment

I heard that one lad went to Majorca one time and got laid.
                                                                                  This is true. It was me.

She had big boobies

Comment

That sounds positive...

Gah,nobody wants to hear old war stories.All I'm saying is,you're single for a finite period.Make the most of it.

Nobody has on their gravestone 'I wish I did my AI Finals'. I've no idea what AI finals are btw.

Take this advice from an old man.

Comment

Gah,nobody wants to hear old war stories.
                                                                                      icarus_burgerking.jpg

Comment

...

Comment

icarus_burgerking.jpg
                                                                                          Badge of honour IMO.

Lol,read AI Final as some sort of shorthand for an exam.I suck at sport.

Comment

...

Comment

Keane, you can just do the resits anyway...
                                                                                              FU

Comment

...

Comment

That sounds positive...

I was in Magaluff in 1991 as a wide eyed 14year old for 2 weeks with my mate who was 16 my mother and an aunt.
                                                                                                  We booked from england and it was full of english and swedish women my god titties and ass everywhere

was guzzling champagne cheapest muck on offer in bcm then europes biggest niteclub
                                                                                                  im sure these places are even more hedonistic than they were 20 years ago.
                                                                                                  At least you wont have to pretend your 18 to women a few weeks after your voice has broken

Comment

We should just misinterpret all sporting posts as referring to random other things.
                                                                                                    Welcome to my world.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                      I was in Magaluff in 1991 as a wide eyed 14year old for 2 weeks with my mate who was 16 my mother and an aunt.
                                                                                                      We booked from england and it was full of english and swedish women my god titties and ass everywhere

was guzzling champagne cheapest muck on offer in bcm then europes biggest niteclub
                                                                                                      im sure these places are even more hedonistic than they were 20 years ago.
                                                                                                      At least you wont have to pretend your 18 to women a few weeks after your voice has broken
                                                                                                      I'll be pretending I'm 18 from the other side of the age profile

lol@Icarus

Comment

Regale us with the Burger King story for those who haven't heard it.

Comment

Regale us with the Burger King story for those who haven't heard it.
                                                                                                          I can hear Rigger searching for a certain picture as we speak....

Comment

...

Comment

I can hear Rigger searching for a certain picture as we speak....
                                                                                                              Hope it wasn't on his HD...

Comment

Hope it wasn't on his HD...
                                                                                                                A lot of dirt was lost. Inside job obviously.

Comment

Slightly related and quite a few people have pointed it out already especially in the direction of BK;

Starting to get increasingly annoyed at people who feel that 'the internet' is some weirdly different plane of existence.

I presume you wouldn't ring people and go 'at the end of the day we are talking through a phone line and its fairly pointless starting a fight over a copper wire loop'
                                                                                                                  Classic Hitch.

FAO: Tyler Durden: you probably won't get the above reference.

Google is my friend, meh

icarus_burgerking.jpg
                                                                                                                  Somebody is using that pic as their avatar over on 2+2 I laughed heartily when I saw it
                                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Somebody indeed,somebody with a new rug.

Comment

Somebody indeed,somebody with a new rug.
                                                                                                                      Guess again.

Comment

Guess again.
                                                                                                                        You played a WW game with it, you wingnut.

Comment

You played a WW game with it, you wingnut.
                                                                                                                          No, I didn't.
                                                                                                                          I'll give you a hint, it's not someone with a new rug, it's someone with an old passport.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X