I suspect Celtic have just angered the beast

United have been shit in Europe for a couple of years now
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Shit last year yes. Champions League finalists the year before mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
          Any word on Ole??
          I asked the wife to make an enquiry..

He made it through ok, no further details than that..

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
            Shit last year yes. Champions League finalists the year before mind.
            2011/12 is 'a couple of years'

but yes, you are right

Onto more important matters; India are close to 6/5 to win the upcoming test series against England. This is very close to free money. England's record in the sub-continent is dire, they are on the decline generally, Swann doesn't do enough with the ball to be a threat and their quicks will break down physically in the heat. Trott and Bell could do well, as could Cook although the jury has to be out on him with this his first series as permanent captain.

India are also a team in decline but invariably lift it at home, their batting lineup is insanely powerful and their bowlers home advantage will lift them over the line.

I'll be engaging in serious lumpage with the majority of my Obama winnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
              Wouldn't say they are particularly indestructible unless you get a case, but nothing comes close to price and excellence of Nexus 7 - €200-250 in your local Dixons. Seriously good tablet.
              Rumours of a new 10" nexus tablet being announced soon as well. Nexus devices are great in general imo.

Comment

Leeds 'fan' 4 months prison.
                Limerick GAA 'fan' 96 week ban.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                  How can they possibly enforce a 96 week ban?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                    How can they possibly enforce a 96 week ban?
                    Haven't a clue, very lenient to say the least.

Comment

Haven't a clue, very lenient to say the least.
                      It won't be IMO.

Comment

what a goal, tippy tappy bullshit at its best

Comment

Jugger

Inspired by the 1989 film Salute of the Jugger, the sport is often described as resembling rugby with weapons.

Jugger 12thGermanChampionship. Play Off Rank 3 "Torpedo Tortuga VS Cruenta Clava"Juggernaut "Jugger Liga" League Juggern Jugg Juggers Jugging Videoamt Sport...

dafuq
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Can anyone recommend a laptop for around €500-€600, I suppose €650 at a push. Paid over €900 18 months ago for my last one, and it has already gone belly up. Looking for €600 for full repairs, of which there is not a hope I am paying, so will get a new one which I could get for the same price.

Won't be using it for anything special really, just normal use. If it has bluetooth and HDMI connectivety (could be on all now) that is good.

Thanks

Comment

Celtic have been pretty good so far in the second half.

Comment

Juve losing 1-0 to Nordsjaelland

Comment

Id nearly say this happens on a monthly basis in smaller scale games. Ive witnessed what i would assume was worse behaviour and it resulted in a far smaller ban and in some cases none at all.
                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Little Pea, Big Heart.

Chico

Comment

Foster having the game of his life. Forrest looks like a promising player for Celtic as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                        Foster having the game of his life. Forrest looks like a promising player for Celtic as well.
                                        He can fuck off my in running bet of utd @ 4/1 and barca -1 @2/1 is at stake...

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                          Id nearly say this happens on a monthly basis in smaller scale games. Ive witnessed what i would assume was worse behaviour and it resulted in a far smaller ban and in some cases none at all.
                                          Happens the whole time, doesn't make it acceptable though.

Comment

Happens the whole time, doesn't make it acceptable though.
                                            GAA can only do so much, the criticism here should be for the guards.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                              GAA can only do so much, the criticism here should be for the guards.

they can still do a lot more though.

Comment

Leaving work after 11 1/2 years in an accountancy practice to work in industry on Friday. Director of new company has big plans for me, hope I can live up to it. Delighted to be leaving but shitting myself.
                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                  they can still do a lot more then though.
                                                  Two year ban for the guilty party and barring fans from the terraces for the replay seems fairly commensurate with the incident. They don't run a jail they can put the guy in.

Comment

FFS..a goal short..

some performance from celtic regardless.
                                                    Last edited by Jaysoose; 23-10-12, 20:36.

Comment

Halloween Gangnam StyleOver 8,500 lights and roughly 250 channels of computer animation. Special thanks to Kevin Judd for the inspiration. This is a hobby ...
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Have to feel for Celtic there.

Comment

lol

Comment

LOL

The utter predictability and inevitability of the late Barca winner did nothing to take away from the enjoyment of it. I burst out laughing when it went in.

Comment

Two year ban for the guilty party and barring fans from the terraces for the replay seems fairly commensurate with the incident. They don't run a jail they can put the guy in.

I'd have thought a life ban would have been pretty much guaranteed tbh.

Comment

Anyone recommend a podcast? Haven't tried them before. Nothing too hectic.
                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I'd have thought a life ban would have been pretty much guaranteed tbh.
                                                                  96 weeks is the maximum ban allowable in the rules of the association.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                    Any word on Ole??
                                                                    Had been wondering myself. A workmate posted on his facebook page that it all went ok for him. Will keep an eye out there for updates.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                      LOL

The utter predictability and inevitability of the late Barca winner did nothing to take away from the enjoyment of it. I burst out laughing when it went in.
                                                                      Why did u burst out laughing and what had that to to with your enjoyment? Blind celtic hatred is pathetic imo.

Comment

96 weeks is the maximum ban allowable in the rules of the association.

Kinda goes to my point that the GAA could do more if they wanted though.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                            New Yorker Fiction podcast

BBC:
                                                                            In our time
                                                                            Start the week
                                                                            The infinite Monkey cage

NPR:
                                                                            Radiolab
                                                                            This American lifed
                                                                            All songs considered

loads more depending on what turns you on
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                              Girlfriend's brother rang me he is only 16 and he gave her a 10r he wanted to put on United at 2/5 to win 4 euro he needed for phone credit. I couldnt be bothered actually putting the bet on and said in my head il just give him the 4 euro if they win.

I decided to ring him now that there 1 down and said he has the option to lay off the bet and just lose 1 euro now. He turned it down and i shall now 100% keep the money. Ha 2-0 as i speak easy money.
                                                                              Pay the man.

Comment

Prehistoric autopsy is pretty good.

Doesn't do a lot for the credibility of BBV's favourite fad diet by showing that Homo Erectus was eating grass seeds or as we call them grains 1.4 Million years ago

Comment

Kinda goes to my point that the GAA could do more if they wanted though.
                                                                                  Not really, they can't apply a ban not covered by their own rules. They'll probably look at changing the maximum term for bans for incidents like this as part of the larger rule review procedure they're currently undertaking. I'd be surprised if he wasn't banned for life by the clubs involved after the ban expires but that would be a reserve the right to refuse admition scenario.

As far as I know that gowl from Leeds only got a six year ban despite having been banned from attending games twice in the past? Not exactly draconian by comparison is it, although probably not a surprise in a sporting culture where the crowd you spend your time warbling on about are happily warm up in front of tens of thousands wearing t-shirts in support of a guy peddling racist slurs the week before!

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                    Why did u burst out laughing and what had that to to with your enjoyment? Blind celtic hatred is pathetic imo.
                                                                                    Say more things like this please.

I get a tingly feeling in my special place when Celtic fans get indignant.

Comment

Not really, they can't apply a ban not covered by their own rules. They'll probably look at changing the maximum term for bans for incidents like this as part of the larger rule review procedure they're currently undertaking. I'd be surprised if he wasn't banned for life by the clubs involved after the ban expires but that would be a reserve the right to refuse admition scenario.

As far as I know that gowl from Leeds only got a six year ban despite having been banned from attending games twice in the past? Not exactly draconian by comparison is it, although probably not a surprise in a sporting culture where the crowd you spend your time warbling on about are happily warm up in front of tens of thousands wearing t-shirts in support of a guy peddling racist slurs the week before!

In a sport were assaults are quite common from fans who invade the pitch I think it highlights just how inept the GAA are when they still haven't gotten around to increasing the ban to more than two years.

Comment

Originally posted by winston82 View Post
                                                                                        Pay the man.
                                                                                        I was really looking forward to getting that €10. The worst thing is now this will give him a buzz for gambling.
                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          Prehistoric autopsy is pretty good.

Doesn't do a lot for the credibility of BBV's favourite fad diet by showing that Homo Erectus was eating grass seeds or as we call them grains 1.4 Million years ago
                                                                                          are you a grain farmer or something? It's bizarre how much bile you spout about people avoiding grains...

Are those grains the same as the ones we eat today?

Considering that the grains used to create almost all processed food have changed wholescale in the last 50 years, I'd be impressed if Homo Erectus had managed to engineer their own GM crops 1.4million years ago. Cross pollination with other grains, massive gluten content increases etc...

Celiac disease, an immune system reaction to the proteins in wheat, is on the rise.

Comment

Ah, Homeland.

That is not the direction I would have chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                              Say more things like this please.

I get a tingly feeling in my special place when Celtic fans get indignant.
                                                                                              would you ever feck off.

Gutted
                                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

In a sport were assaults are quite common from fans who invade the pitch I think it highlights just how inept the GAA are when they still haven't gotten around to increasing the ban to more than two years.
                                                                                                  FFS, get a grip will you? Thousands of games take place every year and a handful of unsavoury incidents don't make it a "common" occurence.

In this instance, I have to say though, I would have no objection to the law of the land being applied as this nutjob has previous in terms of on-field trouble.

I was at the Limerick final where this happened, and James Kelly (the Newcastlwest player who was punched by the supporter) was given a 2nd yellow, therefore a red card, after pulling down an opponent in his own half back line with his side ahead by 1 point with time almost up. It was a cynical but innocuous foul, the the kind you see in many sports when a team has a narrow lead with time almost up...it was therefore TOTALLY unjustifiable what Stokes did and given that Kelly was helped from the field looking pretty concussed (having scored 2-2) AND the fact that the replay is scheduled for this Friday, I'd imagine Newcastlewest aren't too happy.

One other thing which hasn't been reported (in any report I've seen at any rate), the referee waved play on while Kelly was being attended to (and clearly the worse for wear) and the play came very close to where he was being helped gingerly off the field...if he had got another knock, in his already concussed state, and further damage was done I wonder how the ref would have felt? I was totally idiotic and it shouldn't have happened..AND this guy is an inter-county ref also.

All this is a pity, as the game was of a good standard and very exciting, but of course all the headlines are for the horrible stuff.
                                                                                                  "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                    are you a grain farmer or something? It's bizarre how much bile you spout about people avoiding grains...

Are those grains the same as the ones we eat today?

Considering that the grains used to create almost all processed food have changed wholescale in the last 50 years, I'd be impressed if Homo Erectus had managed to engineer their own GM crops 1.4million years ago. Cross pollination with other grains, massive gluten content increases etc...

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0...g-more-common/
                                                                                                    Thank you for biting

No I am extremly sceptical of all fad diets but I can kind of buy into the logic of reducing consumption of grains.

But now that I have your attention

I'm a bit confused by all the love for Coconut oil.

On the surface it has all the appearance of a LOL these suckers will buy anything at any price Tony Quinn type scam.
                                                                                                    Priced at €35 per litre reduced to €19.95 for 858 ml and stacked 6 foot high at the front of Holland and Barrat.
                                                                                                    The literature is neutral to sceptical at best and the heavily advertised claims (accurate in the bare fact) of 100% less cholesterol than butter smack of dodgy marketing when the saturated fat content and effects of lauric acid in raising blood cholesterol are taken into view.

I'm struck though at the claims made here about its high smoke point on here recently and how its much better than Olive Oil for cooking but according to Wikipedia its smoke point is 177C 16 degrees below that of Olive and 29 below that of rapeseed oil both very low in saturated fat.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      I suspect Celtic have just angered the beast

Yes shit in 2010/2011 when we won every home game of the campaign and went undefeated away from home all the way to the final losing by 1 to the greatest football side ever assembled

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                                                                                        FFS, get a grip will you? Thousands of games take place every year and a handful of unsavoury incidents don't make it a "common" occurence.

In this instance, I have to say though, I would have no objection to the law of the land being applied as this nutjob has previous in terms of on-field trouble.

I was at the Limerick final where this happened, and James Kelly (the Newcastlwest player who was punched by the supporter) was given a 2nd yellow, therefore a red card, after pulling down an opponent in his own half back line with his side ahead by 1 point with time almost up. It was a cynical but innocuous foul, the the kind you see in many sports when a team has a narrow lead with time almost up...it was therefore TOTALLY unjustifiable what Stokes did and given that Kelly was helped from the field looking pretty concussed (having scored 2-2) AND the fact that the replay is scheduled for this Friday, I'd imagine Newcastlewest aren't too happy.

One other thing which hasn't been reported (in any report I've seen at any rate), the referee waved play on while Kelly was being attended to (and clearly the worse for wear) and the play came very close to where he was being helped gingerly off the field...if he had got another knock, in his already concussed state, and further damage was done I wonder how the ref would have felt? I was totally idiotic and it shouldn't have happened..AND this guy is an inter-county ref also.

All this is a pity, as the game was of a good standard and very exciting, but of course all the headlines are for the horrible stuff.

Common enough that for them to have waited this long and still not increased the ban is still pretty lolworthy from the GAA and simply highlights how they could do a lot more about the issue. I read the thread on boards and apperantly this is Stokes second time getting on the pitch and assaulting a player(supposedly the last time he did it, the victium was Kellys brother).

Someone else who was at the match said on board that while Daddy Stokes was getting into it with Kelly the son went over and punched him from behind which seems to have caused the concussion. On the Leeds fan, 6 years is a joke if that's all he got as well. Atleast he gets time in prison though.

Comment

Celtic getting beaten in the most hurtful way possible has just made my day

Comment

Finishes tonight with BBC NIron switching to digital

RIP Old pal.

Comment

Assassin's Creed Pack sale on steam currently

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                Thank you for biting

No I am extremly sceptical of all fad diets but I can kind of buy into the logic of reducing consumption of grains.

But now that I have your attention
                                                                                                                How on earth is eating meat, fish and vegetables a fad diet? It has been the staple diet of man since existence!

I'm a bit confused by all the love for Coconut oil.

On the surface it has all the appearance of a LOL these suckers will buy anything at any price Tony Quinn type scam.
                                                                                                                Priced at €35 per litre reduced to €19.95 for 858 ml and stacked 6 foot high at the front of Holland and Barrat.
                                                                                                                The literature is neutral to sceptical at best and the heavily advertised claims (accurate in the bare fact) of 100% less cholesterol than butter smack of dodgy marketing when the saturated fat content and effects of lauric acid in raising blood cholesterol are taken into view.

I'm struck though at the claims made here about its high smoke point on here recently and how its much better than Olive Oil for cooking but according to Wikipedia its smoke point is 177C 16 degrees below that of Olive and 29 below that of rapeseed oil both very low in saturated fat.

Don't buy food in Holland & Barrett that you can get in Asian food shops or even Tesco. The benefit of using a stable fat like coconut oil is that even the cheap and easy pressings are still quite stable. H&B sell Cashews at 3x price of Asian Food stores too. Probably a poor place to source anything tbh!

Saturated Fat and Cholesterol are fine to consume. As has been posted plenty of times. Cholesterol intake does not preclude increase in cholesterol levels in the body. Cholesterol levels in the body are indicators of underlying conditions that should be treated. Removing the flags (aiming to lower cholesterol) without checking why they're there is pretty nonsensical. In any case, eating cholesterol does not impact.

WRT fats that you don't want to consume, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_fat aka Hydrogenated fat is the main worry. Note what rapeseed oil is high in. http://www.tfx.org.uk/page13.html#CAN

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                  Finishes tonight with BBC NIron switching to digital

RIP Old pal.

Comment

Just got around to watching the Panorama on Jimmy Savile. Remember hearing from an acquaintance (more than 20 years ago) that it was pretty much a rider for a Queen/Freddy Mercury gig, that a hoard of underage 'rentboys' would be presented for his use. Whether that was true or not, it's mostly disturbing that I didn't really think there was anything wrong with it at the time.
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                      Celtic getting beaten in the most hurtful way possible has just made my day
                                                                                                                      you're a day late and a dollar short with the trolling, as ever. Just give it up, you're terrible at it and getting worse.

Comment

regardless, I'm loving it.

30 seconds from a point away to Barcelona. Very mature performances and great tactical awareness from a team with an average age of 24.

Barca at home next. Can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                          How on earth is eating meat, fish and vegetables a fad diet? It has been the staple diet of man since existence!

Don't buy food in Holland & Barrett that you can get in Asian food shops or even Tesco. The benefit of using a stable fat like coconut oil is that even the cheap and easy pressings are still quite stable. H&B sell Cashews at 3x price of Asian Food stores too. Probably a poor place to source anything tbh!

Saturated Fat and Cholesterol are fine to consume. As has been posted plenty of times. Cholesterol intake does not preclude increase in cholesterol levels in the body. Cholesterol levels in the body are indicators of underlying conditions that should be treated. Removing the flags (aiming to lower cholesterol) without checking why they're there is pretty nonsensical. In any case, eating cholesterol does not impact.

WRT fats that you don't want to consume, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_fat aka Hydrogenated fat is the main worry. Note what rapeseed oil is high in. http://www.tfx.org.uk/page13.html#CAN
                                                                                                                          So the guys with the Geocities style 'home pages' are right and Wikipedia is wrong?

It says coconut 170c and rapeseed 204 while Barrons page says 107
                                                                                                                          Genuinely confusing.

The line about cholesterol levels being as a result of a condition is also a bit confusing , one way its known to be produced in the blood is by processing Lauric acid which coconut oil is high in.

Obv H&B are a joke shop but its also a fair indication that you are at the top of a bubble when you see the way they are pushing it.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 23-10-12, 22:21.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X