This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sickness is strong tonight....

before X factor Simon Cowell was responsible for this ...respect?

Music video by Robson & Jerome performing What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted?. (C) 1996 BMG Entertainment International UK & Ireland Ltd

Comment

am laughing out loud now at this 'performance'

Comment

Not the worst way to spend a Saturday, borrowed a friends Kayaks and went for a paddle I think is the incorrect term. Anyway some weather also for October.

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

RasTa moved to Enemies List, that just looks too good
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I keep falling asleep in the pub. this is not a welcome scenario.
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

wow, just wow. The antithesis of Dawkins!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Boom Glastonbury tickets sorted. Fucking delighted.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  I never had you down as a hater!
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Tell me about it.

Where is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ronunLdYAE
                      LoL at the yer mans slip of the tounge at 3:00
                      Last edited by Angry-Ball; 07-10-12, 10:25.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I'll see your bat shit crazy preacher and raise you the Republican congressman and Doctor who sits on the science committee of the house of representatives claiming on the campaign trail last week that all that stuff he was taught about evolution, the Big Bang theory and embryology are lies straight from the pit of hell

Rep. Paul Broun denies evolution, embryology, and the Big Bang Theory, saying that they are lies from the "pit of Hell".

Fucking hell ! House of representatives science committee A Doctor

I guess the same question as I have for all these type of politicos applies:
                        Mentally ill or cynical liar who will say anything for a vote regardless of the consequences? You decide.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This is bloody fascinating.

Warning for the "girls" in the audience, this is a graphic surgical procedure of a knee replacement.

Actual High Definition video of a Total Knee Replacement surgical procedure. This is an updated version of the original #1 video of its kind in the world. T...
                          Last edited by oleras; 07-10-12, 11:16.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                            I never had you down as a hater!
                            V for Vendetta added to Enemies List

Comment

thoughts on the Arc GAB?

I am going in heavy on Great Heavens (in the heavy). Don't like Camelot at all after his ledger run and would be laying the bollix out of him in both markets.

My main question is will the Japs create a mental market like they did in 2006?

Comment

My main question is will the Japs create a mental market like they did in 2006?
                                Such a happy day that, I got Rail Link on PMU at 24/1 whilst his bookmakers SP was ~4/1.

Fun conversation on phone 2 minutes before the off.

AJ. This is account JKXXXX. I'd like to back Rail Link €15 ew in the Arc, PMU please.
                                PP. He's 4/1, do you want to take that price?
                                AJ. I think I'll let it go pmu please.
                                PP. You are aware you can't take a price on the PMU, so you've no way of knowing what is actual price will be so it may be worse than 4/1.
                                AJ. I'll roll the dice, pmu please.

Japanese punters.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                  I liked Great Heavens when she was twice her current price. Couldn't let myself back her at current odds. I couldn't have Camelot on my conscious. Saonois at 9/1 was my idea of a bet in the race. While he would be unlikely I think St Nicholas Abbey is a big price at 16/1, should go through the ground and they look like they will go a proper gallop which will suit him. The japs will be japs - could go off odds on on PMU, the only pity is that there is no Montjeu in the race today.
                                  Vague memories but I think I may have discussed this with you last night before you hit and ran

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    Such a happy day that, I got Rail Link on PMU at 24/1 whilst his bookmakers SP was ~4/1.

AJ. This is account JKXXXX. I'd like to back Rail Link €15 ew in the Arc, PMU please.
                                    PP. You are aware you can't take a price on the PMU, so you've no way of knowing what is actual price will be so it may be worse than 4/1.

Japanese punters.
                                    yes, think I will spin the dice myself. GH is 6s generally, best 7s with the traditional bookies but could easily be a lot more on the PMU. Go you crazy Japs!

Comment

Meandre worth a poke imo

Comment

4 home wins today @ 25/1

Comment

Japanese punters.
                                          2 Questions genius
                                          Why did u only have 15 euro on getting a 500% bonus on his price?
                                          Why did u go each way?

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                            4 home wins today @ 25/1
                                            Nice start

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                              2 Questions genius?
                                              Genius? Thank you good sir.
                                              Why did u only have 15 euro on getting a 500% bonus on his price?
                                              Maybe whilst I knew it was a dodgy market I was unsure whether Hurricane Run,Pride,Shirroco or Rail Link was actually the one to pick. Maybe €30 was my full bankroll and €15ew was a completely balla bet. Different strokes for different folks.

Why did u go each way?
                                              An 8 runner group1 with a 2/5 false fav, and every other runner more than triple their true price is surely the type of race in which ew is compulsory.
                                              Hope that helps.

Comment

I was in Longchamp the day Deep Impact was running. Scores of Japs queuing around the pmu windows all day to lump on at 1/2 was hilarious. All they had to do was fly in via Heathrow and they could have had all the 5/2 they wanted!*

*May not have actually got all the 5/2 they wanted.

Comment

An 8 runner group1 with a 2/5 false fav, and every other runner more than triple their true price is surely the type of race in which ew is compulsory.
                                                  Hope that helps.
                                                  Not on the tote though, the win and pl markets are independent.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                    Not on the tote though, the win and pl markets are independent.
                                                    Not back then anyway.
                                                    If you took a PMU price ew with the fixed odds bookies, then the ew component was settled at the PMU win odds; the PMU place odds were never taken into account.
                                                    May be different nowadays.

Comment

I just feel sad watching that.

It's such a pity the theory of evolution conflicts with the notion of a god/designer.

It's so beautifully simple that it would be as acceptable a theory as the theory the world is round if it didn't.
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Not back then anyway.
                                                        If you took a PMU price ew with the fixed odds bookies, then the ew component was settled at the PMU win odds; the PMU place odds were never taken into account.
                                                        May be different nowadays.
                                                        Eh?

Divs were €24.60 for the win, €2.20 for the place.

Anyway never mind. My PMU story is lumping on Famous Name in the Prix de Jockey Club at ~50/1 FTW and he was beat a head by Vision d'etat

Comment

Can someone explain PMU

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                            Eh?

Divs were €24.60 for the win, €2.20 for the place.
                                                            Yes and if you backed Rail Link at PMU ew, you got 24/1 for the win and 24/5 for the place (i.e., basic 1/5 1,2,3) as PMU place odds weren't taken into account by the fixed odds bookies. I'm not sure if this is still the case.

There was just so many quirks in that market because of the Japanese situation.

Comment

I'm working tonight so need some links for the United game and the Barca match, do the streaming sites usually work through corporate firewalls? Is there anyone that would be willing to share their account with me for 5mins while I test it? Don't want to sign up to some site and then find out it won't work. There was a lot of talk recently about a site that had very very good HD streams, what was the name of this one?

Comment

Yes and if you backed Rail Link at PMU ew, you got 24/1 for the win and 24/5 for the place (i.e., basic 1/5 1,2,3) as PMU place odds weren't taken into account by the fixed odds bookies. I'm not sure if this is still the case.

Really, wow never realised that. Power on so!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                  Can someone explain PMU
                                                                  French equiv of the tote.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                    I'm working tonight so need some links for the United game and the Barca match, do the streaming sites usually work through corporate firewalls? Is there anyone that would be willing to share their account with me for 5mins while I test it? Don't want to sign up to some site and then find out it won't work. There was a lot of talk recently about a site that had very very good HD streams, what was the name of this one?
                                                                    StarStreams.tv

Opening up the site itself should be enough indication

Comment

If you ignore the St Ledger its easy to come to a very different view of Camelots chances today.

Comment

Shit!
                                                                        Just plugged in my wife's kindle to download a couple of books and the display has only partially cleared the screensaver looks like the screen is fecked, I suppose there is no way that it comes back other than getting it replaced by Amazon?

Comment

StarStreams.tv

Site opens up alright but not able to sign up anymore

Comment

StarStreams.tv

Site opens up alright but not able to sign up anymore
                                                                            Yeah afraid it closed up to new regs a few weeks back and only existing customers can renew. All the ones I know of have done the same.

Opr

Comment

Terrible race, if Frankel stopped running after 10 furlongs he might still get over the line ahead of these.

Oh and Bayrir will win.

Comment

What time is this big race on at?

Comment

It's St Nic for me ew, there's a massive performance left in him imo!
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Japs queueing @ Longchamp to back Orfevre >2hrs ago

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Shit!
                                                                                      Just plugged in my wife's kindle to download a couple of books and the display has only partially cleared the screensaver looks like the screen is fecked, I suppose there is no way that it comes back other than getting it replaced by Amazon?
                                                                                      Is it < 1 year old ?

Very simple process of getting it exchanged through amazon if it is.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        If you ignore the St Ledger its easy to come to a very different view of Camelots chances today.
                                                                                        didn't like the way he ran around while beating rags on similar ground in the Irish derby

we'll see in a few minutes anyway....

Comment

I'm sorry this is completely wrong and the point in my question.

Comment

wtf was Reina at, very lucky there

Comment

Arc not on tv,paddy power no link to watch either??

Comment

Anyone have Fonte in their FF team?

Comment

you know it's Arc day when the punters in the stands all look like millionaires or models

bit of a contrast to Tramore on a Friday night

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Real Madrid are 3/1 tonight, would have thought they would have been shorter than that. Are Barca that much better?

Comment

I'm sorry this is completely wrong and the point in my question.
                                                                                                        I don't think it is wrong but obviously I've no way of proving it, perhaps if there is someone who worked in a fixed odds bookies in 2006 they could confirm how such bets were settled.

But it is my memory that you couldn't, under any conditions, bet into a place market on the PMU (because there'd been a history of funny dividends on such pools, horses winning at 9/1 whilst placing at 4/1 sort of stuff).

So any ew bets at PMU prices were settled on the PMU win price divided by standard place odds.

Comment

Soumi

Comment

I'm certain of it, with PP anyway. WP on the win bet thou

Comment

sigh, I should really stick to cricket and politics

ran better than Camelot anyway

Comment

Stoke have to be the most cynical team in the prem, its ridiculous stuff

Comment

Real Madrid are 3/1 tonight, would have thought they would have been shorter than that. Are Barca that much better?
                                                                                                                  Home advantage is obviously massive, but that's a whopping price.
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                    Home advantage is obviously massive, but that's a whopping price.
                                                                                                                    I'd say it has a lot to do with Madrid imploding

Sid Lowe: José Mourinho is not happy on the eve of the clash with Barcelona due to strained relations with one of his key players

Comment

Having lunch in Avoca, there's a couple beside me with their baby and the girls mother in law.

The oul wan is driving me pretty demented. She's has this horrible squeeky croaky Tullamore type accent and she just keeps repeating over and over baby babble nonsense.

'ah look at the baba' 'ah look at the baba' 'ah look at the baba'

'who's a lovely girl' 'who's a lovely girl' 'who's a lovely girl' etc etc ad nauseum.

How come adults can't conduct themselves as adults when there's a small child around?

The piece de resistance though just happened, she took one of those Mary holy water bottles out of her handbag, you know the ones where Mary's loaf is a lid, and starts splashing it all over the place, all over the child the daughter in law and the son. The son looks at me all morto and says, 'Mam, what are you doing?'

'I'm just blessing her'

Fucking Irish oul wans, they're embarrassing creatures.

Comment

FRA / Long (FRA) 7th Oct / 15:25
                                                                                                                        2400m Grp1 Solemia Back 22599765694 07-Oct-12 01:54 C 75 112.68 75 8,338.32
                                                                                                                        2400m Grp1 Solemia Back 22598756804 07-Oct-12 00:32 C 75 70.00 75 5,180.00

I woke at 16:05 and missed the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                          Having lunch in Avoca, there's a couple beside me with their baby and the girls mother in law.

The oul wan is driving me pretty demented. She's has this horrible squeeky croaky Tullamore type accent and she just keeps repeating over and over baby babble nonsense.

'ah look at the baba' 'ah look at the baba' 'ah look at the baba'

'who's a lovely girl' 'who's a lovely girl' 'who's a lovely girl' etc etc ad nauseum.

How come adults can't conduct themselves as adults when there's a small child around?

The piece de resistance though just happened, she took one of those Mary holy water bottles out of her handbag, you know the ones where Mary's loaf is a lid, and starts splashing it all over the place, all over the child the daughter in law and the son. The son looks at me all morto and says, 'Mam, what are you doing?'

'I'm just blessing her'

Fucking Irish oul wans, they're embarrassing creatures.
                                                                                                                          I'll have you know that baby babble is a world wide recognized language, understood by millions around the world. (Goo goo, ga ga.)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X