This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    I made sure to order mine before putting the post up, good stuff like that isn't going to last very long.
    Im going to order 5 of these
    ill look cool at the checkouts in tesco !

SPOILER
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      I think you're missing the point of movies in general somewhat
      What I mean is, I don't see how a film is never "about the plot"

I think we all agree that is was visually stunning. It showcased the jump technology has made. But Avatar existed in "Pandora", an imaginary places were the laws of the real world don't apply.
      Travel 1000's of light years across the galaxy
      Use a robosuit with a glass access panel easily broken by fucking arrows
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        Travel 1000's of light years across the galaxy
        Use a robosuit with a glass access panel easily broken by fucking arrows
        My major problem with the movie was that at no point in the process did anyone go "Ah, lads, seriously? That's retarded" upon hearing the word "unobtainium".

I can't... I mean... I don't even... Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
          I think you're missing the point of the movie somewhat.

Avatar was a wonderful movie to watch for the first time in 3d.

The plot and storylines may have been shite but it really wasn't about that.

I took my eldest lad to see transformers3 last week. All the reviews here pointed to a poor plot and holes in the story which were right to a lol worthy degree.

I enjoyed it as my little fella did.
          Robots turned into cars/planes/trucks and tried to beat the shit out of eachother. I wasn't expecting a complicated storyline.

Toy story3 is an excellent movie but Avatar raised the bar regarding visual effects and it's going to take a huge effort to beat it.

It really was breathtaking for me the first ime I saw it.
          No I get it, i enjoyed Avatar a lot in the cinema but was on Sky Movies and looked absolutely shite. Making a film purely for cinema screens isn't a good idea IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
            My major problem with the movie was that at no point in the process did anyone go "Ah, lads, seriously? That's retarded" upon hearing the word "unobtainium".
            Is that the probiotic stuff in them yoghurt drinks on the TV?

Did they get it in the end?

If they did, did they change its name to something like "almostunobtainium" or "extremelydifficulttoobtainium"?

Comment

Lols, this is becoming a joke. Software request has been passed to a new procurement team, I've just been sent a PowerPoint presentation of how to apply for new software.

Appendix 2 has the "workflow diagram" containing almost 60 steps from initiation to installation.

Exasperation doesn't even describe......

Comment

QQ: anyone know if I could use one of those pre-paid Mastercards (the like of which you get in Dundrum / Jervis / Blanchardstown shopping centres as gift cards) to fund poker accounts? I want to open a new account or two and take advantage of deposit offers, but am unwilling to use my credit card as I don't want my bank recording any online gaming transactions. Or any other ways of getting cash onto poker rooms without using my CC or setting up a Moneybookers-type account (had to give up on Neteller as the hassle was not worth it after a while of them demanding more and more ID documents, am guessing MB is the same)?

On that point, does anyone know if an online gaming transaction recorded on your credit card with BOI would be accessible to say, AIB, if you were to look for a mortgage from the latter in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                  Is that the probiotic stuff in them yoghurt drinks on the TV?

Did they get it in the end?

If they did, did they change its name to something like "almostunobtainium" or "extremelydifficulttoobtainium"?
                  Who knows to be honest. By the end I was so bored I considered resorting to self-harm.

I can't believe everyone fell (and worse, is still falling) for the hype, Avatar is an absolute, utter piece of garbage, it hasn't changed cinema except for adding what will be a short-term gimmick to other shit movies and is basically without merit or any redeeming feature IMO.

I don't count "it looks pretty" obv, if anyone does I'm happy to let them have that.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    Lols, this is becoming a joke. Software request has been passed to a new procurement team, I've just been sent a PowerPoint presentation of how to apply for new software.

Appendix 2 has the "workflow diagram" containing almost 60 steps from initiation to installation.

Exasperation doesn't even describe......
                    Did you remember to put the new cover sheet on your TPS report?

Comment

Olbermann is a bit pissed off about the whole deficit Debacle
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Shame there is no one listening.

On a Similar theme of the way ultra libertarian stupidity has both reached new levels of dumb and gone mainstream in the US. Matt Damon gets not asked a question but instead gets framed into making a moronic political point ... but Our Matt is too smart for that and reacts brilliantly
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

External credit reports dont include data about your actual credit card spending. They would generally track the credit limit, balance, and amount repaid. Even internal systems wouldnt really look at that kind of thing, they are more based on behaviour.Having said that if it is classed as a cash advance rather than a purchase then they would take a dim view. People withdrawing cash on a credit card is an alarm bell to companies that someone has poor financial management. Mortgages are different as they are looking at your actual statements, although again, in theory they wouldnt care too much if your card showed you were spending 10% of your income on coke and hookers as long as you could afford it.
                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

I can't... I mean... I don't even... Ugh.
                          Unobtanium has been in use for far longer than Avatar.

Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium
                            Wasn't that the joke/reason for using it?
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-08-11, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                              QQ: anyone know if I could use one of those pre-paid Mastercards (the like of which you get in Dundrum / Jervis / Blanchardstown shopping centres as gift cards) to fund poker accounts? I want to open a new account or two and take advantage of deposit offers, but am unwilling to use my credit card as I don't want my bank recording any online gaming transactions. Or any other ways of getting cash onto poker rooms without using my CC or setting up a Moneybookers-type account (had to give up on Neteller as the hassle was not worth it after a while of them demanding more and more ID documents, am guessing MB is the same)?

On that point, does anyone know if an online gaming transaction recorded on your credit card with BOI would be accessible to say, AIB, if you were to look for a mortgage from the latter in the future?
                              The fee's on those prepaid cards are redic dont even bother m8, also I used one with boyles once & had my account frozen as they cant verify something with then 7 wont except them

The best bet is to get yourself a "paysafe card" or "uKash"
                              Ya buy them like a phone top-up with a big code you just input into the site
                              Most sites eccept those but obv check with the sites deposit options first,
                              you can get both paysafe & ukash at any shop that displayes "paypoint"

The shops that offer "payzone" & not paypoint only offer ukash but they have to opt in to sell ukash so chances are they wont have it

when withdrawing with either it will be a chack or bank transfer but I've heard ukash are offering some sort of withdrawl thing now but dont know about it

Comment

Swede held for building nuclear reactor in his kitchen

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium
                                  I don't want to waste time thinking about it, but that probably makes it worse.

Comment

Photo Gallery on the side a lot more interesting

Comment

Holly fuck

"ordered some radioactive material from overseas and acquired more by taking apart a domestic fire alarm."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                                          Holly fuck

"ordered some radioactive material from overseas and acquired more by taking apart a domestic fire alarm."
                                          yep, fire alarms and old alarm clocks with luminous hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                            Coraline had better use of 3D than avatar imo, but I'm making a specific effort to never see another movie in 3D. It's utterly pointless more often then not, just an excuse to make even more money, if we all just stop going they'll have to stop producing them...
                                            I travelled half an hour out of my way the other day just so I didn't have to watch Captain America in headache vision.

Opr

Comment

yep, fire alarms and old alarm clocks with luminous hands.
                                              lol BBV full of egg heads,

funny as fuck to what ye can find on the internet though

Was looking for a timer with vibration alam & stumbeled across the plans on how to make a mobile detonator

I'd give you the name of another site which will give you direction to make some pretty good quality explaosives but dont want anyone to go postal

Comment

Holly fuck

That's some bad reporting tbh. a lot of materials are radioactive, and are freely available. They are not the dangerous levels of radioactivity. it's the quantity that would be an issue.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Must get that T- Shirt.

Are there any wrestling heads that might be able to suggest the name of a finishing maneuver that sounds poker related?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                      Must get that T- Shirt.

Are there any wrestling heads that might be able to suggest the name of a finishing maneuver that sounds poker related?
                                                      The Sharkshooter

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                        The Sharkshooter
                                                        Get a fkn job

Comment

Must get that T- Shirt.

The Two Round(house kick to the head) Penalty?

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                            External credit reports dont include data about your actual credit card spending. They would generally track the credit limit, balance, and amount repaid. Even internal systems wouldnt really look at that kind of thing, they are more based on behaviour.Having said that if it is classed as a cash advance rather than a purchase then they would take a dim view. People withdrawing cash on a credit card is an alarm bell to companies that someone has poor financial management. Mortgages are different as they are looking at your actual statements, although again, in theory they wouldnt care too much if your card showed you were spending 10% of your income on coke and hookers as long as you could afford it.
                                                            Thanks - but to clarify, can an external bank (AIB) ever check my credit card statement for the individual transactions, or is this info only ever accessible by BOI if I apply for a mortgage with them? Remember, a member of IPB had a mortgage application turned down because of online gaming transactions, which is scary.

I imagine my credit worthiness looks alright to a bank, though I've never actually taken out a loan (so never repaid one!) and always clear my entire credit card balance at the end of the month. Over the years a good amount of cash has gone through the old current account, to and from brokers and external savings accounts, hopefully this looks good to a bank? I'm actually not sure how I can demonstate to them that my net worth increases on a steady-ish basis from year to year...show them a screengrab from Quicken?!

Comment

The Royal Crush.

Comment

The Stone Cold Nuts, i'll be back with more later

Fuck you Dice

Comment

Must get that T- Shirt.

The All-In?
                                                                  The Big Blind?
                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Must get that T- Shirt.

The Stone Cold Nuts (obv a kick / punch in the crotch)
                                                                    The Counterfeit Slam
                                                                    The All-In Pile Driver

Comment

The MASSIVE BULLDOZER.

Comment

The Stone Cold Nuts (obv a kick / punch in the crotch)
                                                                        Great minds think alike etc

Just saw this on IT, Bomb Strapped to Girl in Oz

Comment

this has happened before http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2007...obber_and.html

Comment

I'd give you the name of another site which will give you direction to make some pretty good quality explaosives but dont want anyone to go postal

any internetter worth his salt has read and giggled/marvelled their way through the Anarchist's Cookbook.
                                                                            I remember reading it as a youngfella and thinking about trying to make the nicotine poison pen
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

any internetter worth his salt has read and giggled/marvelled their way through the Anarchist's Cookbook.
                                                                              I remember reading it as a youngfella and thinking about trying to make the nicotine poison pen
                                                                              "Steal This Book" was better iirc...

Comment

Must get that T- Shirt.

The Hammer--modified pump handle slam
                                                                                Big Slick--Tag Team Finisher, al la Roadwarriors
                                                                                The Squeeze Play, three leading jabs, duck under the opposing haymaker and reverse neckbreaker
                                                                                The Nuts

Comment

The Hammer--modified pump handle slam
                                                                                  Big Slick--Tag Team Finisher, al la Roadwarriors
                                                                                  The Squeeze Play, three leading jabs, duck under the opposing haymaker and reverse neckbreaker
                                                                                  The Nuts
                                                                                  The Bum Deal
                                                                                  The Angle Grinder

Comment

That's a great story if there isn't a movie there should be.

Comment

"Steal This Book" was better iirc...
                                                                                      Maybe as a read, but the cookbook had all sorts of cool little tricks, jolly roger's being the
                                                                                      de facto release
                                                                                      free long distance, rudimentary phreaking, shaving foam bombs,
                                                                                      lcd recipes, lockpicking, and lots of computer generated fun.
                                                                                      Pity a lot of the technical exploits are outdated now but it was a great learning curve

Comment

The Slowroll

Comment

A wrestling move which actually existed.

"The Million Dollar Dream" or the "O'Dea"
                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

I used to love the idea of shaving foam car bomb.
                                                                                            .

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                              I used to love the idea of shaving foam car bomb.
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              Saw a Mythbusters episode about that a couple of weeks back. Doesnt really work apparently.

Comment

Tech help required

The mother bought a laptop yesterday, only got around to setting it up today and it won't connect to the internet. When I opened IE (brand new laptop so haven't been able to install any other browser) and clicked on "Diagnose Connection Problems" it came back with:

"Wireless Network Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration"
                                                                                                Any quick way to resolve this problem or will I have to get a tech head to come and have a look at it properly?

Cheers for any replies
                                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

176.Shaving Cream Bomb by Exodus
                                                                                                  This may not really be what we would consider a bomb, but it is a helluva great idea to phuck someone over. You will need:

(1) Person you hate who has a car.

(1)-Container of liquid nitrogen (try a science shop, or Edmund Scientific, mentioned in several places in this Cookbook)

(6-10)-Cans of generic shaving cream.

(1)-Free afternoon (preferably in FREEZING temperatures outside)

(1-or more)-Pairs of pliers, for cutting and peeling.

Some phriends.

Directions:
                                                                                                  Find someone who owns a small compact car, and manage to find out where he keeps it at night (or while he is away!) Be able to open the carrepeatedly.. Place a can in the liquid nitrogen for about 30 sec. Take it out and carefully and QUICKLY peel off the metal outside container, andyou should have a frozen "block" of shaving cream. (It helps to have more than one container, and more phriends) Toss it into the car and dothe same with all the cans. A dozen or more "blocks" like this can fill and lightly PRESSURIZE a small car. When he opens the door (hopefully hedoesn't realize the mess inside due to the foggy windows), he will be covered with pounds of shaving cream that is a bitch to get out ofupholstery.

You're the scientist.

Comment

is it connected to a router?

Comment

I also want some more tech help from you boy racers or geeks please lol

Building my own computer desk soon & want to put in some built in speakers, found some really nice looking car speakers

Is it only like fitting a female headphone jack to them for them to work or do they need their own power source etc?

What I want to do is fit a fixed female jack in the desk so I can just use a male to male jack from the laptop to the fitted jack to have the speakers work on the desk

Comment

You're the scientist.
                                                                                                        [x] waits for someone to wonder what phriends are

Comment

is it connected to a router?
                                                                                                          via a wire? no

I am a complete tech retard btw. How would I find out?
                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I also want some more tech help from you boy racers or geeks please lol

Building my own computer desk soon & want to put in some built in speakers, found some really nice looking car speakers

Is it only like fitting a female headphone jack to them for them to work or do they need their own power source etc?

What I want to do is fit a fixed female jack in the desk so I can just use a male to male jack from the laptop to the fitted jack to have the speakers work on the desk
                                                                                                            I take it you dont actually want them built in to the desktop
                                                                                                            9v battery as a power source and you'll be good.
                                                                                                            However, the quality mightnt be great

Comment

You're the scientist.
                                                                                                              Yep they tried 20 cans and it did very little, and lol at the idea that pressure can build up inside the car such that the opener of the door would get splattered.

They came up with some other stuff that worked great though.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                                via a wire? no

I am a complete tech retard btw. How would I find out?
                                                                                                                I mean connected to a wifi router.

Comment

I take it you dont actually want them built in to the desktop
                                                                                                                  9v battery as a power source and you'll be good.
                                                                                                                  However, the quality mightnt be great
                                                                                                                  I was planning of fitting them into the desk itself permanently but dont know what power source would be needed or how to get the best quality sound from my laptop to the speakers

Comment

Car speakers are passive imo. It won't work because you'll need the signal amplified.

Comment

I was planning of fitting them into the desk itself permanently but dont know what power source would be needed or how to get the best quality sound from my laptop to the speakers
                                                                                                                      Something in terms of this but with a full size computer desk with the speakers fixed to the desk unit upright sides & bigger speakers obv

Comment

Or any other ways of getting cash onto poker rooms without using my CC or setting up a Moneybookers-type account (had to give up on Neteller as the hassle was not worth it after a while of them demanding more and more ID documents, am guessing MB is the same)?
                                                                                                                        I too gave up on Neteller after they locked my account at one point but I find MB to be grand. I can't recall their original setting up procedure but I think it was pretty painless.

Comment

Actually maybe the onboard signal will work. You definitely won't need external power though.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X