This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zod View Post
    setting the scene for the insanity defence.

At least that way he\'s more likely to never see the free world again.
    Might recover with professional help.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
      Might recover with professional help.
      I doubt it. you rarely 'get better' after a guilty but insane conviction.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Were the results of Amy Winehouse's autopsy ever released?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
          this seems good, cheers. If I save a doc in the openoffice format I take it that cannot be opened in Word? ie: sending on a cv after editing it in openoffice, will it be able to open by person I send it to?

On Prison Break, I have never seen a show go downhill so fast
          I think its a toss up between that and Heroes on which went to shit first.

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
          Oh yeah. First series was cheesey as fuck but still great entertainment. Then it just fell to shit. Heroes was exactly the same from around the same era. I think it was the writer's strike that fucked them both.
          I think the writers strike just took away some of the momentum of the shows but they still should of been able to come up with some decent story lines instead of just some mish mash of bollox.

I think they done some more Prison Break after the final season to wrap up a few bits not sure I can take myself to watch it thou.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            do hospitals routinely release autopsy details?

thought they only came to light in the case of public coroner's hearings
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Why are people championing Openoffice over Microsoft Word? What's the advantage of it? (replies containing the word Linux or anti-Microsoftism are not solicited at this time ).

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                do hospitals routinely release autopsy details?

thought they only came to light in the case of public coroner's hearings
                Well cause of death is what I was looking for, not mg of toxins in the liver or whatever.

Comment

I doubt it. you rarely get better after a guilty but insane conviction.
                  John Hinckley, Jr., the guy who shot Reagan, and was the US\'s most hight profile person to be found not guilty by reason of insanity, can drive out of hospital to visit his folks from time to time.

Recently, a forensic psychologist at the hospital testified that -Hinckley has recovered to the point that he poses no imminent risk of danger to himself or others.-

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                    I think its a toss up between that and Heroes on which went to shit first.

I think the writers strike just took away some of the momentum of the shows but they still should of been able to come up with some decent story lines instead of just some mish mash of bollox.

I think they done some more Prison Break after the final season to wrap up a few bits not sure I can take myself to watch it thou.
                    Yup

Turns out
                    SPOILER
                    Schofield gets brain tumour and dies
                    just about everyone else gets rich
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                      Why are people championing Openoffice over Microsoft Word? What's the advantage of it? (replies containing the word Linux or anti-Microsoftism are not solicited at this time ).
                      It performs adequately well and you don't have to pay for it. It's definitely slower for general tasks, but the price difference isn't worth that.
                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Norris has accepted the inevitable

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                          Anyone ever see Corky and the Juice Pigs live? They do 'comedy-through-music' very very well IMHO, not sure if they're still around but saw them at the comedy club in Galway a few times a decade or more ago, think they were Canadian. David O'Doherty was the MC at a gig I saw last year in the Iveagh Gardens and his songs were pretty funny to be honest.
                          Nah they split up ages ago. Sean Cullen went on to do some great stand up but he seems to have become unfunny since losing weight. Phil Nichol did a lot of good stand up as a solo artist too and won the Perrier a few years ago.

I'm sure this has been posted before in the old place (reminded because I recall Sean Cullen singing it with Lynch on the radio once), but here is one of the most famously unPC comedy songs by Stephen Lynch. Do not listen if offended by disability humour (also contains swearing ).

Comment

it's free and less likely than a dodgy torrent of Word to riddle your machine with more viruses than a wexford nightclub.

Comment

I thought it was a bit much of Fergus Finlay to come out saying he should withdraw given that he was a failed candidate for the labour party himself.

What other candidates are running?

Comment

Well cause of death is what I was looking for, not mg of toxins in the liver or whatever.
                                I'm sure it'll be something non-descript and medical when the real reason should read 'massive consumption of booze 'n drugs for a decade mmmkay'

Comment

John Hinckley, Jr., the guy who shot Reagan, and was the US\'s most hight profile person to be found not guilty by reason of insanity, can drive out of hospital to visit his folks from time to time.

Recently, a forensic psychologist at the hospital testified that -Hinckley has recovered to the point that he poses no imminent risk of danger to himself or others.-
                                  He's still living in a mental hospital, and was definitely insane.

Breivik is in a different league.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                    I thought it was a bit much of Fergus Finlay to come out saying he should withdraw given that he was a failed candidate for the labour party himself.

What other candidates are running?
                                    in fairness to Fungus, I think he was trying to help out a friend as opposed to making any political capital

Comment

Pretty gutted at how the Norris campaign turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                        It performs adequately well and you don't have to pay for it. It's definitely slower for general tasks, but the price difference isn't worth that.
                                        But he was talking about downloading a torrent.

it's free and less likely than a dodgy torrent of Word to riddle your machine with more viruses than a wexford nightclub.
                                        If you can't find a clean torrent of Office then you are probably just as much in danger eating dinner with a sharp knife.
                                        Last edited by hotspur; 02-08-11, 14:41.

Comment

Gay Mitchell and... Gay mitchell. Have FF got anyone yet?

That one who was Ombudsman for a while will probably bail into the race for the mna na hEireann vote.

Has Dana been seen recently?

Comment

FF don't have any money to run a campaign in which their candidate would stand no chance of election

hence, they prefer not to run a candidate

Comment

That one who was Ombudsman for a while will probably bail into the race for the mna na hEireann vote.

Don't forget Michael D.

I don't think FF will nominate anyone this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                Pretty gutted at how the Norris campaign turned out.
                                                just reading that letter to the Israeli High Court again

if I was a judge in the case, I'd be highly tempted to increase the sentence. It's arrogant, condescending and pompous. Feck's sake Norris.

Comment

FF don't have any money to run a campaign in which their candidate would stand no chance of election

so this is basically what the upcoming election results announcement will be?

Comment

Wasn't there that lad up in Donegal who murdered his wife / Girlfriend in what looked on the surface like a completely insane person type killing. He got a not guilty on grounds of insanity verdict and was packed off to Dundrum and in no time was persuading the shrinks that he wasn't insane anymore and so should , and did, walk.
                                                    I think we may have got a change in the law since the ties down the obvious loophole.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Don't forget Michael D.

I forgot about D.

Lets hope the rest of the country don't forget about him. FWIW I think he'd be a good choice.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                        Yup

Turns out
                                                        SPOILER
                                                        Schofield gets brain tumour and dies
                                                        just about everyone else gets rich
                                                        SPOILER
                                                        Yeah that was eluded to in the last episode but the follow on piece was suppose to be about how it happened, would I be correct?

Nothing official afaik, lot's of stories about booze and drugs obviously, wouldn't be surprised it if was something like she choked on her on vomit from some crazy mixture of both.

Think she had complications after she had her boob job as well, to see how she went from looking really healthy a few years back to looking skinny and frail, its a wonder how she was able to keep going the way she did.

Read somewhere online about her doctors telling her to cut down gradually on the booze that if she suddenly stopped it would have adverse reaction for her because the state her body was in.

Also seen a video online not too long ago that shows her walking into a shop and buy a little bottle of vodka and just necking the whole thing and walking back out of the shop.

It kinda baffles we as it was plain to see that the girl was an absolute wreck and her father and family just seemed to stand there and do nothing to help the girl, obviously people have to want to be helped but stage some kind of intervention or something for gods sake.

Comment

so this is basically what the upcoming election results announcement will be?

more like this I'd say:

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                            I fought the law and the law won.
                                                            We always win in the end...
                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Quick answer;
                                                              Free Vs Paid for the same thing.

Longer answer;
                                                              Writer has more to offer for those who are concerned with document design. Writer comes with very few layout libraries, leaving you to download or create them, but in compensation, it allows you a degree of control that makes it as much an intermediate layout program as a word processor.
                                                              In other words, Writer is more for advanced users, and Word for beginners.
                                                              Also, the implementation of the MS Office Ribbon has made a lot of common features hard to find and most believe them gone
                                                              AutoComplete, autocorrect etc
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I forgot about D.

Lets hope the rest of the country don't forget about him. FWIW I think he'd be a good choice.
                                                                there are no good candidates imo

at least if Bertie ran, we could have fun with it

Comment

more like this I'd say:

just you wait until Robo-Mitchell is stamping on your face forever.

and Tyler, her father dragged her into rehab several times. Not much you can do if she has her heart set on self-destructing.

Comment

Before the Norris letter controversy erupted they were on the radio talking about the lack of a FF candidate.

Quote from one of the talking heads:
                                                                    -It says something that being a member of the gay community is seen being less toxic than being a member of FF.-
                                                                    Chuckles and guffaws round the studio.

This for me summed up the latent homophobia, present in large sections of Irish society, highlighted by the Norris bid.

Comment

Ahem... A rose by any other name is still fertilised by shite...

SPOILER

Comment

Before the Norris letter controversy erupted they were on the radio talking about the lack of a FF candidate.

Quote from one of the talking heads:
                                                                        -It says something that being a member of the gay community is seen being less toxic than being a member of FF.-
                                                                        Chuckles and guffaws round the studio.

This for me summed up the latent homophobia, present in large sections of Irish society, highlighted by the Norris bid.
                                                                        Norris's demise had nothing to do with homophobia and everything to do with poor judgement

if any of the other candiates had written the same letter, there'd be the same result

Comment

T-T-T-T-T-TABLEBREAKER!

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                            Ahem... A rose by any other name is still fertilised by shite...
                                                                            according to the man himself, he knows nothing about this 'Fianna Fail' of which you speak

and has never been a member of their national committee, except for when he was

got it?

Comment

Don't forget Michael D.

Michael D doign a speaking dinner thing in Tallaght I think.
                                                                              There are posters up everywhere
                                                                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

as fellow Nortsoiders, we should be part of the ruling elite

Comment

Nothing official afaik, lot's of stories about booze and drugs obviously, wouldn't be surprised it if was something like she choked on her on vomit from some crazy mixture of both.

Think she had complications after she had her boob job as well, to see how she went from looking really healthy a few years back to looking skinny and frail, its a wonder how she was able to keep going the way she did.

Read somewhere online about her doctors telling her to cut down gradually on the booze that if she suddenly stopped it would have adverse reaction for her because the state her body was in.

Also seen a video online not too long ago that shows her walking into a shop and buy a little bottle of vodka and just necking the whole thing and walking back out of the shop.

It kinda baffles me as it was plain to see that the girl was an absolute wreck and her father and family just seemed to stand there and do nothing to help the girl, obviously people have to want to be helped but stage some kind of intervention or something for gods sake.
                                                                                  But but they tried to make her go to rehab but she....
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Norris\'s demise had nothing to do with homophobia and everything to do with poor judgement

if any of the other candiates had written the same letter, there\'d be the same result
                                                                                    I never said that it had anything to do with homophobia.

Comment

I never said that it had anything to do with homophobia.
                                                                                      I read too fast

Comment

Anyway; regarding homophobia. My own 2c

Yes, it is present in Irish society to some extent - as it is in all societies.

Is it is better than it was 30 years ago? Immeasurably so. Look at Donal Og, look at the gay pride marches, look at the general level of tolerance and openness, civil partnerships etc.

Will we ever reach a nirvana of 100% understanding and tolerance? Probably not - that is not to demean the massive cultural changes that have taken place over the last generation. Norris helped to drive a lot of that.

Comment

Gallagher is the FF candidate.

Comment

If there was a sports section in here i'd post this rant there so apologies to anyone not watching the AI GAA FC over the summer:

I see some former GAA refs have come out and said that the square ball rule needs to be taken away as they are saying the rule is nearly unenforceable.
                                                                                            Now FFS the rules are clearly there if the ball hits the post then you can have all 30 players in the square as long as they weren't in there when the initial kick was taken (before it struck the post). Stop complaining and looking for scapegoats. Man up and say you made a mistake.
                                                                                            Begs the question though too, as the ball is being kicked in what are the umpires looking at? The flight of the ball? The ref? What could they be looking at? Surely the square which is a foot away from them and the ff line which is made up of 3 forwards and the FB line again 3 players should be well within the sights of 2 people standing a foot away from the action? Geraghty's goal, Ryans point, O'Connors goal all major decisions made by refs who looked for advice off umpires who imo don't know the rules of the game.
                                                                                            But no lets get rid of the square ball rule as the poor refs can't do everything!
                                                                                            End of rant..

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                              Gallagher is the FF candidate.
                                                                                              in disguise

according to his own website:

Seán is an independent candidate. He is no longer a member of Fianna Fáil or any political party.

Comment

and Tyler, her father dragged her into rehab several times. Not much you can do if she has her heart set on self-destructing.
                                                                                                Maybe he did, as I said people need to want to go, he said the other that she had been clean for 3 years before her death, come on not a hope she was who is he fooling!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                  But but they tried to make her go to rehab but she....
                                                                                                  The Sitch gonna Sitch

Comment

Anyway; regarding homophobia. My own 2c

Yes, it is present in Irish society to some extent - as it is in all societies.

Is it is better than it was 30 years ago? Immeasurably so. Look at Donal Og, look at the gay pride marches, look at the general level of tolerance and openness, civil partnerships etc.

Will we ever reach a nirvana of 100% understanding and tolerance? Probably not - that is not to demean the massive cultural changes that have taken place over the last generation. Norris helped to drive a lot of that.
                                                                                                    What I\'m driving at is the public perception\\display that -we have come such a long way coz we love that gays now- (your point) is far from the true picture. Id say the reaction to Donal Og\'s book for example in GAA dressing rooms round the country was a far cry from the one it got in the media.

Comment

The Sitch gonna Sitch
                                                                                                      Speaking of which, its back this Friday morning yeah ?
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Bouncy Bouncy .....Boing Boing Kate Upton in slow motion

NSFW
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        Last edited by greywolf; 02-08-11, 15:27.
                                                                                                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                        http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

What I\'m driving at is the public perception\\display that -we have come such a long way coz we love that gays now- (your point) is far from the true picture. Id say the reaction to Donal Og\'s book for example in GAA dressing rooms round the country was a far cry from the one it got in the media.
                                                                                                          you could probably say the same about any West European\North American country though, I don't think you can just somehow infer that Ireland is a uniquely intolerant place - which it isn't.

not too many gays have ever come out in top-level (i.e. NHL, NBA, NFL, Baseball) American sports for example, in fact I can't think of a single one

or the Premiership - remember the abuse Le Saux used to get (and he wasn't even gay!)?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                            Speaking of which, its back this Friday morning yeah ?
                                                                                                            Ah so it is cheers for the heads up

Comment

you could probably say the same about any West European\\North American country though, I don\'t think you can just somehow infer that Ireland is a uniquely intolerant place - which it isn\'t.

not too many gays have ever come out in top-level (i.e. NHL, NBA, NFL, Baseball) American sports for example, in fact I can\'t think of a single one

or the Premiership - remember the abuse Le Saux used to get (and he wasn\'t even gay!)?
                                                                                                              Now where did I say Ireland is a uniquely intolerant place?

Quote from Wombatman:
                                                                                                              Ireland has a long way to go before it is as GLBTQ tolerent as it likes to think it is.

Comment

What does GLBTQ stand for anyway?

Comment

Now where did I say Ireland is a uniquely intolerant place?

Quote from Wombatman:
                                                                                                                  tell us:
                                                                                                                  • where you think Ireland is at
                                                                                                                  • then where you think it needs to get to

in relation to gay tolerance

Comment

Looks like Aquilani to Milan is on, and a steal at that price too. Good for him to move to a club where his talent will be appreciated and just the position that Milan needed to strengthen after Pirlo's departure.

http://www.football-italia.net/aug2p.html
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender

I'm guessing he added 'queer' for the craic?

Comment

Is it not GLBT? Gay Lesbien Bi Transgender... Was listening to a show on Newstalk a couple of weeks back about transgender issues in Ireland and they had someone from the GLBT on. Actually googled the above and Q = Queer which doesnt sound right

Comment

Blom interview. Seems like a bit of a gimp.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X