• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some meltdown by Stricker

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post

Attention sports fans, Seve:The Legend on BBC1 tonight at 10:25
      Not on BBC1 NI UNTIL 10:45.
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

link for golf?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          I just couldnt sit through that shite again. I follow them through all times, including freezing my hole off in January in the Waterford Crystal Cup. But today just took the piss.
          To be fair its probably the worst Waterford team since the mid 90s. I really felt they would win by about 10 pints but that win was incredible. I can understand how that defeat must hurt bad tho for someone who follows them passionately it really must have been hard to stomach.
          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

People react way too much to individual shows when pricing up these things, especially the most recent. Helen slipped up a little last week but based on the entire series she's in a league of her own and strong fav.

@Downtown, that's the kindest book I've ever seen.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              People react way too much to individual shows when pricing up these things, especially the most recent. Helen slipped up a little last week but based on the entire series she's in a league of her own and strong fav.

@Downtown, that's the kindest book I've ever seen.
              Yeh Im not a bookie basically id have them in that order

Helen

Jim

Susan/Tom

Natasha

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                  I'd take a punt on Susan at 8's if those were the prices, think they are more accurate in terms of places so far on show. (prob flip Susan and Toms position). The fast food ep should be good this week but can't wait for the interview phase to see what Jim comes up with
                  Can't see him hiring anyone bar Jim/Helen. Susan would get killed in negotiations and there's no way Sugar could feel confident having her go into battle for him. Natasha is a fool. She'l be gone next week without a doubt

Jim has the gift of the gab, and he's a shrewd negotiator. I think Sugar will be torn between Jim and Helen but Jim should get it. Can't see it going any other way tbh

Here's SkyBets betting

Latest Apprentice odds - bet at Skybet

Jim Eastwood 5/4
                  Helen Louise Milligan 7/4
                  Susan Ma 5/1
                  Tom Pellereau 10/1
                  Natasha Scribbins 50/1

Next Apprentice contestant to be fired

Natasha Scribbins 4/7
                  Tom Pellereau 11/8
                  Susan Ma 6/1
                  Jim Eastwood 14/1
                  Helen Louise Milligan 25/1

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                    Dunno about in GAA but in football sometimes the players really dont deserve any respect with their performances. That said I dont think Ive ever left a game early either other than a few times when I knew I could only get the 1st half in before heading to work.
                    There a difference between soccer and GAA though - soccer players are being paid to be there tbf. GAA players give up pretty much everything in their life to play at the top level and its often a thankless task.

Today for example all of those Waterford players would be training 6/7 times a week. Its not their fault that they were laid out so tactically wrong. Its a horrible feeling being a fanatic and going down with a sinking ship.

I'll never forget a couple of years ago we were getting thrashed by Kerry in the AI semi final - all the meath supporters stayed on the Hill after to show their appreciation to the team. Yes we get hammered out the gate but we were greatful to them for giving us a good run. Was talking to a couple of players after and they said it meant a lot

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                    Just saw John Mullane saying hed like to apologise to the fans very likeable player pure warrior
                    hes just such a likeable person - a real modern hero. It must be horrible being a Waterford fan but at least you have Mullane. One of my fav players without a doubt wears his heart on his sleave

Comment

anybody giving us any chance against kildare? I think we have a fighters chance. Kildare lack the heart we have and we can get them in Navan which will be a very hostile atmosphere and more importantly a tighter pitch

No doubt Kildare are better but we have the big heart

Comment

Also I see I fell victim to the internet drool brigade in the first day of WW. Dont be jealous haters

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          How would you price up the Final 5 in The Apprentice? (without margin).
                          I'm thinking 6/4 Tom, 3/1 Sue, 3/1 Helen, 9/1 Jim, 1000/1 Natasha.
                          So 40%, 25%, 25%, 10%, 0%.

tenner on Jim please.
                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Tough choice. BBC1 Seve tribute, BBC2- In the Loop.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              Latest Apprentice odds - bet at Skybet

Jim Eastwood 5/4
                              Helen Louise Milligan 7/4
                              Susan Ma 5/1
                              Tom Pellereau 10/1
                              Natasha Scribbins 50/1
                              Wow, didn't think anyone was betting on this as thought it was all pre-recorded from months ago. (Jim was in total darkness at 6pm in the market with his umbrellas so looked like March or April).

Would 100% back Tom at those prices.

Case : This is more of a Dragons Den series than normal Apprentice setup. Sugar is investing £250K in the winners business idea and has seen their business plans which so far we haven't, afaik.
                              Tom has genuinely invented useful marketable items in the past, a bowel cancer screening tool & some acoustic screen for musicians. He is clearly a useless sales person but Sugar can look after that side, so there is a definite synergy.
                              Sugar had every chance to fire him this week (and previous 2 weeks) and seemed genuinely unhappy that he fired Melody instead (he could hardly fire 9-in-a-row Helen after just her first loss). Which implies that Tom is on Sugars mental short list.

Jim is a bad fav at 5/4 - he is a (very good) salesperson pure and simple, but thats not what this series is about. Sugar can provide the sales team for the winners business. Sugar doesn't particularly like him either.

Helen - she'd be an asset to any team but I'm doubtful about her having some masterful business idea that Sugar will want to buy into.

Susan - plausible enough I suppose, just can't see it though.

10/1 Tom. Like it.

Edit : I've no idea what the format of the final will be this year, so there could be something which negates his chances.
                              Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 10-07-11, 22:12.

Comment

ship ship the freeroll in the fitz for November Festival ticket worth €880
                                free registration 1.5K starting stack
                                buy in 10 euro for 2k
                                10 euro for 3k top up

1 Ticket, 2nd prize nothing
                                Heads up went on for 1 hour
                                Follow me in twitterland

Comment

If this band got any better I don't think I could take it but I'm willing to give it a try.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The official music video for JJ Grey & Mofro's "The Sweetest Thing"Directed by Brendan 'Spookie' DalyJJ Grey & Mofro Official Videos on YT Playlist: https://...
                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

video is of c-kid watching tiger Woods losing him money.

Comment

Lol,hilarious.

'You carry the c**t of your sister in a bag'.Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                          I just couldnt sit through that shite again. I follow them through all times, including freezing my hole off in January in the Waterford Crystal Cup. But today just took the piss.
                                          Not a hardcore supporter but I remember sitting through a similar mauling at the hands of tipp in munster final of '93. Couple of years later we were shipping All Irelands. Seemed unthinkable that day in Limerick

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                            Lol,hilarious.

'You carry the c**t of your sister in a bag'.Lol.
                                            I watched it twice it was so good.
                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

classic, stealing that, thread title change, -> the bitch who whelped you

lol'd like a soprano on helium i even gave up a spontaneous clap mid laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                anybody giving us any chance against kildare? I think we have a fighters chance. Kildare lack the heart we have and we can get them in Navan which will be a very hostile atmosphere and more importantly a tighter pitch

No doubt Kildare are better but we have the big heart
                                                You'll make a game of it but they'll win. Kildare are genuinely a class team on a strong development curve. If Early was fit they could well have been the ones lifting the Delaney cup today
                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

personally id have it
                                                  Helen favourite, 6/4 or so

Then I think it gets tough. Tom has the most inventiveness. Susan the most potential and Jim the most polished act
                                                  In a normal apprentice competition id imagine Jim to be favourite. But with the lay out this year, its different. If sugar is looking for someone who has potential and can bring something to the table that isnt readily available to him then Tom or a lesser extent Susan could work.

If Sugar partnered with an inventive mind, then his professionalism and that of his underlings would be a perfect match. This is the perfect match i'd imagine for Sugar, which would make Tom in with a better shout then others say

The Q is, what exactly is Sugar looking for
                                                  The professional fine tuned model, would be Helen then Jim, and If he is looking to combine his professionalism and business structure to an inventive mind, then Tom lands it
                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Wow, didn't think anyone was betting on this as thought it was all pre-recorded from months ago. (Jim was in total darkness at 6pm in the market with his umbrellas so looked like March or April).

Would 100% back Tom at those prices.

Case : This is more of a Dragons Den series than normal Apprentice setup. Sugar is investing £250K in the winners business idea and has seen their business plans which so far we haven't, afaik.
                                                    Tom has genuinely invented useful marketable items in the past, a bowel cancer screening tool & some acoustic screen for musicians. He is clearly a useless sales person but Sugar can look after that side, so there is a definite synergy.
                                                    Sugar had every chance to fire him this week (and previous 2 weeks) and seemed genuinely unhappy that he fired Melody instead (he could hardly fire 9-in-a-row Helen after just her first loss). Which implies that Tom is on Sugars mental short list.

Jim is a bad fav at 5/4 - he is a (very good) salesperson pure and simple, but thats not what this series is about. Sugar can provide the sales team for the winners business. Sugar doesn't particularly like him either.

Helen - she'd be an asset to any team but I'm doubtful about her having some masterful business idea that Sugar will want to buy into.

Susan - plausible enough I suppose, just can't see it though.

10/1 Tom. Like it.

Edit : I've no idea what the format of the final will be this year, so there could be something which negates his chances.
                                                    What i was trying to say! ^^^
                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Game of thrones spoilers inside

THIS IS SPOILERISH, SO RUN FAR AND DON'T LOOK BACK IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE SERIES.El Tano Pasman mira el penúltimo episodio de Game of Thrones.The Tano Pa...

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                        You'll make a game of it but they'll win. Kildare are genuinely a class team on a strong development curve. If Early was fit they could well have been the ones lifting the Delaney cup today
                                                        yeah that pretty much sums it up. we have a puchers chance though. I found this post on the Kildare forum I wish this was the case .

Kildare bet meath the last 2 games in croke park(bigger pitch) because of all round fitness and running into free space,now in navan(smaller pitch)it will be the same as being tied to a grizzly bear!

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                          If this band got any better I don't think I could take it but I'm willing to give it a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6J-S...eature=related
                                                          Dling Orange Blossoms album, anything else should be getting?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                            This is nonsense. Study after study conducted in school environments show that uniforms increase productivity among the students and decrease certain other behaviors. Dress codes are commonly used for all sorts of reasons. In this particular instance I believe it is necessary because of the serious nature of the work being done and you are free to believe otherwise.

However this nonsense about people being "conditioned" is just laughable and belies a weakness in your position that you think that you need to accuse the people making the point of being at fault rather than restraining yourself to the point itself.
                                                            With fucking kids and teenagers? Cool, I'm not surprised. That said, I know schools that didn't enforce a uniform dress policy but got extremely good average CAO scores. Why? Because of good teachers, facilities and a hard working peer dynamic produced by a bunch of well raised students in the same environment.

As for adults going to work, if they need a suit (or be surrounded by people wearing suits) to go and do their job properly that's just sad - and indicates behavioural deficiencies that will not be solved by the application of a dress code.

You may believe that the dress code of your profession matches the importance of it. However, you should note that every salesperson in the world, every two bit marketing professional, every doorman also wears a suit to work. As you will see, the uniform is more important for perception of the onlooker than it is for the behaviour of the worker. And my default setting in terms of how I treat many of the types of jobs that depend upon a dress code is somewhere between weariness and disdain.

Anyway, we're not going to agree - nor do I care. I'll hopefully remain employed in a sector that doesn't require me to shave or pretty myself up once I do my job properly.
                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Otis Spann was perhaps the finest piano player ever to play with Muddy Waters and he made a few great records on his own like this one from 1962 - it must ha...
                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Treme

That is all.

What a cool way to finish up the most enjoyable weekend I've had in many months.
                                                                Running JJ into QQ on yet another FT bubble didn't even bother me tonight.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                  Dling Orange Blossoms album, anything else should be getting?
                                                                  Been listening to Lochloosa over and over so far Ste,have to get to the other 3 or 4 albums yet

Comment

Ok Lloyd first off you should read the rest of the thread before you jump down my throat. I threw that straw man out there for a laugh, apparently you have rather less of a sense of humor about these things. It's clear we disagree but do me a favour and keep the personal jibes out of it? I certainly don't expect you to resort to them.
                                                                    Last edited by Kayroo; 10-07-11, 23:45. Reason: Not worth having to justify myself
                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                      Intertrade is apparently the informed choice for transferring your money to. Belgian/Luxembourg bank, but owned by a huge French bank. Actually think Sometime Happy Dude has a sig link to it? Threads on boards etc about them, all good.
                                                                      Much obliged HH.

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                      I do, it's grand, man up. I try to avoid anything with a zip for obvious reasons.

Keytrade...

Thanks

Keytrade is a belgian bank. Online banking in english. They create a current, savings and trading account when you sign up, interest on the savings account.

If you sign up via an existing account holder (such as me ) you will get €30 for your troubles, as will I.

Pm me your email address and first name and I'll ship you a link that you can sign up via.

Cheers, PM sent.

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                      John Hayes in typical fashion has managed to sneak a retirement past the noses of the media. There'll be no parties, there'll be no interviews. One of Irish Rugby's most loyal servants is hanging up the boots after the World Cup.

Take it easy Bull!
                                                                      What a legend!

Anyone abe to explainhis google+ thing? I've just received an invite.

I was supposed to start watching Mad Men tonight but instead have spent the past 2.5hrs trying to dig myself out of a hole after a visit to Newcastle. What a city for drinkin!

Comment

Originally posted by K1NG View Post
                                                                        Anyone abe to explainhis google+ thing? I've just received an invite.

This is somewhat strange. I just signed up and google has recommended a no of people for "my circle" - nine of whom I'm fairly certain are on here and (apart from one) I dont think I've ever had contact with.

Comment

Kayroo as a non suit wearing unkempt midde ager I agree with you . fwiw

but your position on Cromwell still sticks in my craw
                                                                          Last edited by Solskjaer; 11-07-11, 00:05.

Comment

the warriors startin on sky action now, class flick

Can you dig it, Suckerrrrrrrrs!!!
                                                                            Last edited by Midnitekowby; 11-07-11, 00:10.

Comment

Davy Fitz according to the rumours has called training for 6am in the morning if true he is mental.
                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

How would you price up the Final 5 in The Apprentice? (without margin).
                                                                                I'm thinking 6/4 Tom, 3/1 Sue, 3/1 Helen, 9/1 Jim, 1000/1 Natasha.
                                                                                So 40%, 25%, 25%, 10%, 0%.
                                                                                Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                no way susan 3/1 push her to 5/1 min
                                                                                Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                I have been watching this without seeing any forum discussion. Is this pricing the general consensus?

I would have Jim and Helen as clear favourites?
                                                                                Susan seems to be competent and likeable but maybe a little green.
                                                                                Jim has been very impressive, albeit he seems a little untrustworthy.
                                                                                Helen has been the most impressive, her failure to "get" the reinvestment task might show her up in the end.

Tom.....I like him and obv Sugar does too. That being said I can't see him winning, he would be eaten alive by all the other contestants in a negotiation setting(including Natasha).

Natasha ....well she is the dimmest person ever in the final five of an apprentice.

So I would price it;

Helen 3/1, Jim 4/1, Tom 7/1, Susan 8/1 and any price on that "yeh...lad's mag, yeh, blow your load, yeh."

I personally would hire Jim.
                                                                                Is that book under rounder?

I thought Helen showed this week that she is vastly over rated.
                                                                                Kind of tired of hearing how she has been on the winning team 9 TIMES!? It's largely variance, the same variance that saw Tom on the losing team for 7 weeks, and some utter donkeys with a fairly even rate.

She 'made' a couple of massive sales.
                                                                                The baby seat thing was setup to be knocked out of the park clearly and the biscuits thing was all Jim, yet Helen seems to have come away with the spoils. She seems to have bought into her own hype too as her efforts this week were just retarded.

Anyhow, the business plans that these people have will be important or at least, we'll be told that they are important.

Oh, and Scribbins is just Leon with longer hair, yea? She's actually more irritating than Melody and that is quite something.
                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

ballswidth fuckity twat with fuckity twatwit,

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                                    the warriors startin on sky action now, class flick

Can you dig it, Suckerrrrrrrrs!!!
                                                                                    Come out to playyyyyaaayyyyyy!!!
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                      Davy Fitz according to the rumours has called training for 6am in the morning if true he is mental.
                                                                                      Good chance he could find himself alone.

Comment

Comment

Meant to post yesterday about South Sunda/The Republic of South Sudan, the newest country in the world at just two days old.

Here is their flag:

Pity they didn't plump for something different and radical. At minimum they could have put some sort of animal on it. Still, it's an improvement on Sudan's flag which must be grating on their old/new neighbours...

National anthem is gash, clearly thrown together in ten minutes.

Comment

By the way, while the standard may be lower - fuck me the women's world cup has been entertaining. The England / France and USA / Brazil quarter finals were genuinely two of the most exciting (note, that has nothing to do with standard) football matches I've seen in a long time.

Also, yet another demonstration of the Big American heart earlier. They fucking nailed each one of their penos after this too.
                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Worst attempt at a sliding celebration I have ever seen, almost injured herself.

Comment

Most of Johnny Cash's songs give me a headache, but this came on while itunes was on random and wow.

Comment

yup thats on my "poker" playlist
                                                                                                  and this one..

The HighwaymenAmerican RemainsCountryWillie Nelson - Johnny Cash - Kris Kristofferson - Waylon Jennings

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                    Big American heart.
                                                                                                    wtf is that?

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                      wtf is that?
                                                                                                      This:

Comment

Tried to climb over the wall today at the Waterford Tipp match.

Copper stopped me and said "get back in there and watch the rest of that"

Comment

@zuroph.
                                                                                                          VOTED, gl man.

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                                                                            Most of Johnny Cash's songs give me a headache, but this came on while itunes was on random and wow.
                                                                                                            I'm a big fan of Cash, Kristofferson, Jennings and Nelson. That song though was just so well done, its very special. One of my favourite tunes. Like this one too from the same album.

'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Still can't ever see jim winning it. It'll be interesting to see Helen's business plan, seems to be some questions over whether she's capable of a start up.

Comment

Interesting enough few days in the BBV.

I went hunting down rural Australia. Some craic holding a big fuck off rifle (technical name) with a quality scope and zooming in on the targets and...boom. Gaf we were staying in was only quality, hot tub, pool room, the whole lot. Having to get up at 5am to let the chickens out was a bit of a nightmare.

I was also in disbelief on Saturday night, sitting in the local pub, population of this place is about 300 people. Its about 400km from Melbourne. Proper sticks. Sitting at the bar with the boys and up rocks a chap called James from Leopardstown. He knew one of the lads older brothers. He lives above the pub, doesnt pay rent and spends his days working on the various farms. Fucking Irish, we're vermin. We invade everywhere.
                                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                  Interesting enough few days in the BBV.

I went hunting down rural Australia. Some craic holding a big fuck off rifle (technical name) with a quality scope and zooming in on the targets and...boom. Gaf we were staying in was only quality, hot tub, pool room, the whole lot. Having to get up at 5am to let the chickens out was a bit of a nightmare.

I was also in disbelief on Saturday night, sitting in the local pub, population of this place is about 300 people. Its about 400km from Melbourne. Proper sticks. Sitting at the bar with the boys and up rocks a chap called James from Leopardstown. He knew one of the lads older brothers. He lives above the pub, doesnt pay rent and spends his days working on the various farms. Fucking Irish, we're vermin. We invade everywhere.
                                                                                                                  How did you arrange the hunting, it was something I looked into last year but the cost was pretty high.

Stuff like that guy in the pub are always happening.

Comment

Arrange it?

We woke up on Saturday morning and went.

One of the lads we were boozing with down there the weekend before lives in the area and works for all the farmers. We went out with him. Didnt cost us a penny.
                                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Thought it might have been something like that. So prob not an option for me. Must get in with some farmers

Comment

Boooommm.

Comment

Boooommm.
                                                                                                                          keep your Monday morning perkiness to yourself tyvm, my hopes and dreams have been dashed by a Gay

and then I backed Kilkenny before watching the Munster final
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X