X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Wut?

FFS Zod, answer the man.
    reports in Norwegian media have him wanting to finish his career with another club and he is stalling on signing a new contract.
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

If Van Persie still had 3/4 years left on his contract, would he have been sold for a lot more?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
        If Van Persie still had 3/4 years left on his contract, would he have been sold for a lot more?
        I would guess that unless City made a £40M+ offer he wouldn't be sold?

Comment

Bollix, cricket not going well. South Africa appear to have metamorphised into Bangladesh.

Rain dance pls
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            Bollix, cricket not going well. South Africa appear to have metamorphised into Bangladesh.

Rain dance pls
            The prize of staying no 1 world ranking and having got rid of KP could be enough to doom you, go green or at least minimise losses IMO
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Rain dance pls
              Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              The prize of staying no 1 world ranking and having got rid of KP could be enough to doom you, go green or at least minimise losses IMO
              Early days. I has faith

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                No

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                  Day 5 without a drop of alcohol and 25 pints of water later, skin is amazing. Stomach feels flat (ish) amazing what 5 days can do! Wonder does wine put alot of weight on or do you pee it all out??
                  Don't think this post got enough 'love'.

Well done.

Twice in my life I've gone off alcohol completely, cold turkey both times, for different reasons each time but both related to the effect my consumption was having to my quality of life generally and in particular it's effect on specific goals I wanted to accomplish at the times.

For me, both times, it got immeasurably easier when I stopped counting 'X number of days since', but people are different in how they approach these things.

For me its a good ten years later now, I still occassionally have a couple of drinks but life becomes a lot better in many ways when 'normal' is an evening without drink rather than one 'with'.

Side benefit of weight fall off is a plus too.

Keep it up.

Comment

Olympic High jump gold medallist, Ivan Ukhov, pissed at an athletics meeting.
                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                      +1 - I usually forget to change my team at least a dozen weeks during the course of the season so would have zero interest in the paid fantasy league, but a free one is good craic. Surely last year's free league will automatically run again?

Who else went to the Jameson Cult Film Club screening of The Silence of the Lambs in the Mansion House last night? It was great! The place was done up to look like the inside of a mental hospital, actors playing the part of various characters from the film, free bar, free burgers, Jameson must drop the guts of €10k for each screening, fair play to them!
                      I was there Paul ( I saw you in front of me in the Q. If there was any doubt it was you the Degen bag on your back was a give away!)

I was very very impressed with the whole thing. I didn't expect it to be that good at all. All the actors, props, food, drink and staff plus the cost of renting the Mansion House I think 10k is a very low estimate of what they drop on this.

I will be trying to go to every one of these in Dublin and would travel to Galway and make a night out of it if I got tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                        Don't think this post got enough 'love'.

Well done.

Twice in my life I've gone off alcohol completely, cold turkey both times, for different reasons each time but both related to the effect my consumption was having to my quality of life generally and in particular it's effect on specific goals I wanted to accomplish at the times.

For me, both times, it got immeasurably easier when I stopped counting 'X number of days since', but people are different in how they approach these things.

For me its a good ten years later now, I still occassionally have a couple of drinks but life becomes a lot better in many ways when 'normal' is an evening without drink rather than one 'with'.

Side benefit of weight fall off is a plus too.

Keep it up.
                        I have done well in the last 3 weeks, drank 3 times. 5 days though is the longest stint so far. Seems so silly wow 5 days but believe me I was gone to having a few glasses of wine every night. Actually feel so good , i would love to never drink again but I honestly cant see that happening. I am gonna more than likely have wine saturday nights and do my best to just have it saturday night. My friend usually comes up on weds and we have wine but I told her if she didnt mind not calling this week as I knew well what would have happened, and with her its 2 to 3 bottles of wine!

I am sleeping like a log since the second night off it and up at 8.30. its great!
                        This little pup I have got Mia is great for keeping me busy too
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

De Gea
                          Rafael - A. Cole - Harte
                          Silva - Allen - Hazard - Lucas
                          Torres - Suarez - Giroud

Migniolet, McCleary, Shawcross, Clyne.

Not sure of team yet, but currently have this. Changing my mind every few hours about players to have.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                            I was there Paul ( I saw you in front of me in the Q. If there was any doubt it was you the Degen bag on your back was a give away!)

I was very very impressed with the whole thing. I didn't expect it to be that good at all. All the actors, props, food, drink and staff plus the cost of renting the Mansion House I think 10k is a very low estimate of what they drop on this.

I will be trying to go to every one of these in Dublin and would travel to Galway and make a night out of it if I got tickets.
                            Was at this too. Gave Ionapaul the acknowledging nod walking thru the crowd. (Was 80% sure it was him, was def a IPBer anyway!). Great, great set up for the movie - dude pretending to be Hannibal was brilliant - and a few free Jamies is always welcome!!

Comment

'lol out loud' tilts the bejaysus out of me

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                De Gea
                                Rafael - A. Cole - Harte
                                Torres - Suarez - Giroud

Not sure of team yet, but currently have this. Changing my mind every few hours about players to have.
                                This is the best window all season to make a fist of a decent team. Dont waste it. The pressure is on. I would make wholesale changes to that team if I was you.

Comment

Was watching a bit of $10/$20 HU Omaha this morn between dagunman and this guy.

Surely the stats can't be too accurate. How is it even possible to lose over $21k in 192 hands playing .50/1?? That's an average of $112 per hand

It it's accurate, then he ran like shit playing €25/€50 HU Omaha

Comment

Whats the transfer rules for FF this season? Once our teams are finalised by 18th August, what can be done on a weekly/monthly basis or whatever. Haven't read up on it yet

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                      Day 5 without a drop of alcohol and 25 pints of water later, skin is amazing. Stomach feels flat (ish) amazing what 5 days can do! Wonder does wine put alot of weight on or do you pee it all out??
                                      Since I started at SW I have kept away from most drink. If I was allowing myself I would avoid wine like the plague as it is up there with cider/beer for putting the weight on.

I stick to spirits with a low cal mixer. And only have a couple anyway. That is only 8 syns on the diet.

well done on keeping away from the drink. I haven't drank heavy in years. I enjoy the odd night out with a few drinks without getting morocoulous and feeling good in the morning.

keep it up Michelle

Comment

I've lol'd at every team I've seen so far, I assume everyone is secretly as smug as me despite the high probability that our teams are all equi-bad?

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                          De Gea
                                          Rafael - A. Cole - Harte
                                          Torres - Suarez - Giroud

Never really got into fantasy football in the past, is 4-4-2 a rookie formation?

Here's my team as it stands.

Minolet
                                          Vlaar-Walker-Terry-Johnson
                                          Kagawa-Hazard-Park-Michu
                                          Rooney-Torres (c)

Cerny - Sterling - Onuoha - Lita
                                          I have torres captain cause I reckon he will be up front on his own and they have two games this gameweek.
                                          Thoughts?
                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

In relation to the Fantasy Football, when selecting players, what criteria do people see as being most important.
                                            For example I pay a lot of attention to upcoming fixtures.

Some Criteria on no order:
                                            Sure to play 90 min.
                                            Form.
                                            Set piece taker.
                                            Home and away.
                                            Prospect of getting carded.
                                            Upcoming fixtures.
                                            Likely to score.
                                            Need a captain.
                                            Long term banker.
                                            Price rise-fall expected.
                                            Clean sheet.
                                            Opponents selections.
                                            Other players from same club already selected.
                                            From the team I support-hate.
                                            Cnut or non-cnut.

Prive-value obv.

Also on average how many subs do peole make in week-season?
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

de Villiers you chump!

may be holidaying in a caravan next year. In Donabate.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                Was watching a bit of $10/$20 HU Omaha this morn between dagunman and this guy.

Surely the stats can't be too accurate. How is it even possible to lose over $21k in 192 hands playing .50/1?? That's an average of $112 per hand

It it's accurate, then he ran like shit playing €25/€50 HU Omaha
                                                They're playing away again on a couple of $25/$50 HU tables at the moment

Comment

I'm happy enough with mine, might change defence a bit.

Szczesny Friedel

Kaboul Rafael Shawcross Kolarov Heitinga

Larsson Toure Michu Allen Kagawa

Torres Tevez Pogrebnyak

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                    They're playing away again on a couple of $25/$50 HU tables at the moment

Stars ??

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

We reckoned the budget for the Blues Bros night in Vicar street must have been well north of 20K. Great night but they really must have more money than sense.
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Current FF team from someone who is terribad at FF and clueless about football:

Vorm
                                                        Kompany - Walker - Cole A - Shawcross
                                                        Yaya Toure - Ramires - Mata - Dyer
                                                        Aguero - Podolski

Cerny - Holt - Guthrie - Barnett

How terrible is the above? For me, FF primarily serves as the only real method to get me interested in the Premier League, without it I probably miss 99%+ of televised matches. With it I might watch 5% or so, maybe a little higher!

That was me you nodded to yesterday evening alright NuckChorris, the weighty nod from one poker player to another, out of our usual zone of interaction! Forgot I had the old degen bag on my back, previously I had to basically hide that bag if I brought it into work, now I probably look like I'm brown-nosing the new bosses; how things change.

Comment

Never played on Merge until today, but WOW is Rabbit Hunting tilting.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                            Stars ??
                                                            ipoker Dave

Comment

lol at all the FF fish. 90% of ye will be after giving up by November

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                I will possibly be giving up sooner unless I get off to a great start.
                                                                Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Vorm
                                                                  Aguero - Podolski

How terrible is the above? For me, FF primarily serves as the only real method to get me interested in the Premier League, without it I probably miss 99%+ of televised matches. With it I might watch 5% or so, maybe a little higher!

That was me you nodded to yesterday evening alright NuckChorris, the weighty nod from one poker player to another, out of our usual zone of interaction! Forgot I had the old degen bag on my back, previously I had to basically hide that bag if I brought it into work, now I probably look like I'm brown-nosing the new bosses; how things change.
                                                                  Pretty solid imo.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

I hope to fuck you get slaughtered this year!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                      I hope to fuck you get slaughtered this year!
                                                                      Sorry in advance for disappointing you Ste

Comment

Vorm
                                                                        Aguero - Podolski

You should just give up now. WP for having the sense not to waste money on entering the pay league

Comment

Vorm
                                                                          Aguero - Podolski

I wouldn't be too happy with your goalkeepers. Too much money spent on your defence. Midfield seems solid although I would start Guithre because he has a double game week. I'd pick someone else instead of Holt with the money saved from your defence.

Comment

Post up your team there

Comment

Post up your team there
                                                                              Nice try, but eh No Dice.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                What have you got so far?

Been a shocking lack of rate my team posts this year.

I currently have:

de Gea
                                                                                Rafael Cole Kolarov
                                                                                Kagawa Toure McClean Allen
                                                                                Tevez Torres Cisse

subs: Mignolet Jenkinson McCarthney Dyer

Btw Bale has been flying in pre-season when he wasn't conserving energy, he will have a big season imo.
                                                                                Provisional squad, which undoubtedly will change many times before ko is:

Krul, Begovic.

Rafael, Cahill, Cole, A Ferdinand, Williamson.

Silva, Kagawa, Ramires, mcCarthy, Ramsey.

Rooney, Tevez, Pogrebnyak.

Comment

Nice try, but eh No Dice.
                                                                                  Bit early in the season to be precious about your squad!

Comment

I may have to pen a letter to the Indo to express my outrage at the laughable lack of Fantasy Football knowledge on this site, perhaps even recommend it be added to the leaving cert as a subject.

Comment

I may have to pen a letter to the Indo to express my outrage at the laughable lack of Fantasy Football knowledge on this site, perhaps even recommend it be added to the leaving cert as a subject.
                                                                                      Talk like this must mean your prepared to give odds on match bets?

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                                                                        I tried, he wont. Not as confident when it comes to money involved it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                          Never played on Merge until today, but WOW is Rabbit Hunting tilting.
                                                                                          Yep, it seems to tilt fish.

Comment

obv Kev looking to put his money where his mouth is!!

Heads up for FF rolls obv Kev!!

Comment

Provisional squad, which undoubtedly will change many times before ko is:

Krul, Begovic.

Rafael, Cahill, Cole, A Ferdinand, Williamson.

Silva, Kagawa, Ramires, mcCarthy, Ramsey.

Rooney, Tevez, Pogrebnyak.
                                                                                              For your sake I hope so Mr PT. I'd say that little fish pool you excluded me from on FB would be delighted to see that team

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                Yep, it seems to tilt fish.
                                                                                                touché

Comment

I tried, he wont. Not as confident when it comes to money involved it seems.
                                                                                                  I most certainly will not

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                  obv Kev looking to put his money where his mouth is!!

Heads up for FF rolls obv Kev!!
                                                                                                  Ye can all come back to me when ye are top 500 worthy and I'll entertain your nonsense

Comment

what is the story with wildcards this yer is it one before christmas and 1 anytime or just one total?

Comment

Fantasy Football is pure luck anyway, anyone running good thinking it's something to shout about would want to get a better hobby tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                        Fantasy Football is pure luck anyway, anyone running good thinking it's something to shout about would want to get a better hobby tbh.
                                                                                                        .

Comment

I most certainly will not

Ye can all come back to me when ye are top 500 worthy and I'll entertain your nonsense
                                                                                                          Big talk with no follow through on the bets, what sort of degen are you? Obv the nitty type.

Comment

Big talk with no follow through on the bets, what sort of degen are you? Obv the nitty type.
                                                                                                            Nitty and busto.

Pray for me.

Comment

Fuck and buggery, another wicket

Comment

Fuck and buggery, another wicket
                                                                                                                I don't know, I think 250 might actually be an OK score here

Philander could have a field day here, think it will suit him beautifully. And Steyn is the best bowler in the world, don't forget.

A long way to go

Comment

Or England could just bat for two days solid

Comment

I don't know, I think 250 might actually be an OK score here

Philander could have a field day here, think it will suit him beautifully. And Steyn is the best bowler in the world, don't forget.

A long way to go
                                                                                                                    But just as they get in they keep on getting out. Painful

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

But just as they get in they keep on getting out. Painful
                                                                                                                        seemed a strange decision to bat alright

forecast is pretty decent as well, we shalll just have to tough it out. This is sport.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                          Tevez has been an absolute animal in pre-season, he is much leaner and mobile, Mancini has been singing his praises and saying how he is back to his very best.

I threw up a little in my mouth when I put Torres in. I had Hazard but he has looked like a donkey when I have seen him in a Chelski shirt. I want an attacking Chelsea player. Mata should be wrecked after not having any summer break.

Marin may not start. Who knows what that donkey manager will do with Oscar, and I refuse to buy Ramires for coming good and showing me up. Lamps is so 2010.

What's a chap to do other than buy Torres, the Champions League and European Championship hero and golden boot winner? If I thought there was even a 20% chance he would get back to his proper sucking ways I would sell him in a heartbeat in order to LOL at him without ambivalence.

Hopefully a Cavani will be purchased and I get get rid of him.
                                                                                                                          Finally hotspur shows he's not clever about everything.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X