This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    I was thinking mandatory subjects like Maths, Irish and the Language tbh.
    Wouldn't be looking for points in these tbh

Comment

English, History, Business, Classics, Geography, Home Economics and Accounting I'd fancy 500 points plus. Can't use those points for applying to an NUI, Trinity, DCU, etc though.
      Why not? I'd cover w/ pass Irish if you mean fulfilling the basic requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        Why not? I'd cover w/ pass Irish if you mean fulfilling the basic requirements.
        Your CAO score must comprise Irish, Maths, a language and also a science subject for certain courses right?
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Your CAO score must comprise Irish, Maths, a language and also a science subject for certain courses right?
          I think I saw something like that for certain courses in Maynooth. Don't think it's the norm though. A lot of courses do have basic requirements like C3 in a science or maths subject, but don't require that your points are calculated from it.

Comment

nope.

You can get 600 points in any 6 subjects.

Then do a science, pass math, pass irish, pass english.

CAO points are CAO points. Matriculation requirements for individual courses can be different though. (My course required C1 in Honours Math for instance). (That doesn't mean I needed to count it in my points though)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              That doesn't sound like an objection?
              dick

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                dick
                nice hair
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  nice hair
                  the worst.

17year old me knew nothing

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    Kagawa isn\'t much of a risk imo, he\'s far too talented not to produce the goods. Himself and Cazorla have been the two best signings of the window so far.
                    Big doubt over amount of game time he will be getting. Could be used as a sub in the first few months until he settles in or makes an impact, that is if he settles in or makes and impact. Risky.
                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

the worst.

17year old me knew nothing
                      very "come as you are".
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

@Emmett: Are you really claiming that anyone can get an A1 in Applied Maths? OK I agree the physics is a cakewalk if you can do AM, but the fact of the matter is that the course is miles beyond the aptitude of 90% of students.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Lols.
                          Last edited by Closed_Account; 16-08-12, 08:47. Reason: RE the hair!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                            Big doubt over amount of game time he will be getting. Could be used as a sub in the first few months until he settles in or makes an impact, that is if he settles in or makes and impact. Risky.
                            It's not like he's coming straight from Japan, he's been in Germany since 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                              Cant see this guy not settling-saw a live game V Hertha and he looked the best player on the pitch by a million miles. Was way too good for Bundesliga. Defo fancy him to get ten plus this season in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                @Emmett: Are you really claiming that anyone can get an A1 in Applied Maths? OK I agree the physics is a cakewalk if you can do AM, but the fact of the matter is that the course is miles beyond the aptitude of 90% of students.
                                nope, but if you're confident of being able to A1 Math and Physics, it's an extension that you should be able to cover if covering both courses.

Obviously if your strength is in essays, wrote learning etc, then steer clear, but it's very unlikely that you'd be looking at Math and Physics as point subjects that way.

Comment

nope.

You can get 600 points in any 6 subjects.

Then do a science, pass math, pass irish, pass english.

CAO points are CAO points. Matriculation requirements for individual courses can be different though. (My course required C1 in Honours Math for instance). (That doesn't mean I needed to count it in my points though)

lol public school guidance councillers
                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                    Easier to get an A1 in than honours Maths imo. Marking schemes designed to keep most students at c+b grades can make honours maths fairly unforgiving if I remember correctly.

If I was to go back I would do Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, Business, Accounting and Economics. All 6 I should be able to get an A1 in but wold not and would fall well short. As a grown up I have now changed the way I learn things from learning everything in Micro detail with no understanding to viewing overall bigger picture and broader strokes.

I find it funny that so many think the LC would be a cake walk. The lack of material and the endless going over the same small material would drive you crazy. Also I know that going back and having to do maths at a much more basic level than what I learned at Uni would probably confuse me no end. The blatant contradictions\half truths in the business course to make it easy enough to understand for LC students and keep it from going to deep would also send me down the wrong path.

Lol at the thought of Kayroo answering the business studies law like q's in 5 vague points. He would blatantly fill several exam booklets on putting something down that would be legally correct and not just LC correct and than have no time to answer anything else.

Comment

This is no fantasy, this is reality. Its tough, its rough, it's raw.

Its the IPB Premier League Predictions Competition, the competition that always scores an A1 in its Leaving Cert.

Have YOU got the courage?

Comment

any interest in a free Fantasy Premier League?

No reward, only kudos and derision.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post

We had one last year and I would be in for one again. Don't fancy adding to kevs holiday fund as usually I forget the second half of the season
                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

There is one already Keane put the code up in the real league thread

Comment

Originally posted by Keane
                                              I've renewed the free league for anyone interested as well, code is 282182-97083.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                We had one last year and I would be in for one again. Don't fancy adding to kevs holiday fund as usually I forget the second half of the season
                                                +1 - I usually forget to change my team at least a dozen weeks during the course of the season so would have zero interest in the paid fantasy league, but a free one is good craic. Surely last year's free league will automatically run again?

Who else went to the Jameson Cult Film Club screening of The Silence of the Lambs in the Mansion House last night? It was great! The place was done up to look like the inside of a mental hospital, actors playing the part of various characters from the film, free bar, free burgers, Jameson must drop the guts of €10k for each screening, fair play to them!

Comment

How did the Ireland match go last night? Anyone play well?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                    How did the Ireland match go last night? Anyone play well?
                                                    McCarthy looked good. Westwood did quite well. McShane did well too!

Wasn't a great match, but I liked how we played.

Comment

McCarthy looked good. Westwood did quite well. McShane did well too!

Wasn't a great match, but I liked how we played.
                                                      I saw the first few minutes looked like McClean in alongside McCarthy and Whelan in a three? Wonders never cease!

Comment

Don't think we got too much out of it. We played ok, but Serbia were on top for most of the second half. No real stand out performers imo.

Comment

Day 5 without a drop of alcohol and 25 pints of water later, skin is amazing. Stomach feels flat (ish) amazing what 5 days can do! Wonder does wine put alot of weight on or do you pee it all out??
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

This is deadly!!

the track on itunes- https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/oh-my-dayum-single/id553920419 (it's also streaming everywhere, even spotify & your grandmom's house)D...

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                              Easier to get an A1 in than honours Maths imo. Marking schemes designed to keep most students at c+b grades can make honours maths fairly unforgiving if I remember correctly.
                                                              Meh, I know all about the marking of HM and the % of students who get A1s in Applied. The subject matter is vastly harder and requires significantly more effort to perfect. Most people will not be able to hack it and would better off sitting Home Ec if they just want points. End of.
                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                There is one already Keane put the code up in the real league thread
                                                                Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                +1 - I usually forget to change my team at least a dozen weeks during the course of the season so would have zero interest in the paid fantasy league, but a free one is good craic. Surely last year's free league will automatically run again?
                                                                For shame on you all, what sort of wannabe degens are you? Free FPL league on a site like this, pffft.

You shall all have your IPB accounts downgraded later this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                  For shame on you all, what sort of wannabe degens are you? Free FPL league on a site like this, pffft.

You shall all have your IPB accounts downgraded later this evening.
                                                                  Heh I am all paid up for the real FFL and a proper wannabe degen.

Comment

If somebody could transfer €20 on stars and I'll lodge to their pp account, could you send a pm thanks. (for premier predictions league).

Comment

Vast majority of the past three hours has been spent constructing my ff team for the year, still nowhere near a finished article. #productivedayintheoffice.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                        Tesco promotion is back

Opr
                                                                        Boo, no Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I'm going on a stags on boats on the Shannon tomorrow, want to buy about 20, SuperQuinn the best value?
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Most importantly, Chelsea and Spurs have done good business and Arsenal may spend again now.
                                                                          How exactly have Spurs done good business? We have sold our most important player in Modric. Currently the only strikers we have are Defoe who 100% cannot play a 4-2-3-1, and 19 year old Kane. As things stand we are utterly, utterly screwed up front.

Sigurdsson has been an absolute dog in pre-season and Liverpool may have dodged a bullet there.

Spurs fans have been apoplectic on the forums at our failure to bring in the strikers we need, a Modric replacement, and a backup winger. Now hopefully we will bring in 2 of Ade, Llorente, Leandro, some manner of Mountinho to replace Modders, and maybe Lloris as keeper, but to suggest that we have done good business is so far off the mark.

Comment

I am in the market for a coffee machine, 2nd hand as thats where the value seems to be. Do you have any recommendations?
                                                                            Only requirements is that it can make espresso, lattes, cappucinos etc and refills are easy to get hold of as i believe this can be an issue on some makes. I was looking at something like this

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                                                              Vast majority of the past three hours has been spent constructing my ff team for the year, still nowhere near a finished article. #productivedayintheoffice.
                                                                              What have you got so far?

Been a shocking lack of rate my team posts this year.

I currently have:

de Gea
                                                                              Rafael Cole Kolarov
                                                                              Kagawa Toure McClean Allen
                                                                              Tevez Torres Cisse

subs: Mignolet Jenkinson McCarthney Dyer

Btw Bale has been flying in pre-season when he wasn't conserving energy, he will have a big season imo.

Comment

FF Team so far, will be spending many hours tomorrow on this.

Szcsesny
                                                                                Walker, Jones, Kompany, Cliche
                                                                                Dempsey, Bale, Dyer
                                                                                Tevez, Jelavic, Long

Subs: Allen, Skrtel, McCarthy, Cerny

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                  What have you got so far?

Been a shocking lack of rate my team posts this year.

I currently have:

de Gea
                                                                                  Rafael Cole Kolarov
                                                                                  Kagawa Toure McClean Allen
                                                                                  Tevez Torres Cisse

subs: Mignolet Jenkinson McCarthney Dyer

Btw Bale has been flying in pre-season when he wasn't conserving energy, he will have a big season imo.
                                                                                  would be worried about tevez not getting game time and torres being torres this season again

Comment

Today is the day

Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6hSubscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUnThe Expendables 2 Official Trailer #2 (2012) Sylvester Stallone Movi...
                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

would be worried about tevez not getting game time and torres being torres this season again
                                                                                      Tevez has been an absolute animal in pre-season, he is much leaner and mobile, Mancini has been singing his praises and saying how he is back to his very best.

I threw up a little in my mouth when I put Torres in. I had Hazard but he has looked like a donkey when I have seen him in a Chelski shirt. I want an attacking Chelsea player. Mata should be wrecked after not having any summer break.

Marin may not start. Who knows what that donkey manager will do with Oscar, and I refuse to buy Ramires for coming good and showing me up. Lamps is so 2010.

What's a chap to do other than buy Torres, the Champions League and European Championship hero and golden boot winner? If I thought there was even a 20% chance he would get back to his proper sucking ways I would sell him in a heartbeat in order to LOL at him without ambivalence.

Hopefully a Cavani will be purchased and I get get rid of him.

Comment

I have 3 Chelsea players, is it a gamble seeing as they won't be playing in week 3?

Comment

I want an attacking Chelsea player. Mata should be wrecked after not having any summer break.
                                                                                          Mata's gonna Mata. Wouldn't rule him out just yet.

Comment

Tevez has been an absolute animal in pre-season, he is much leaner and mobile, Mancini has been singing his praises and saying how he is back to his very best.

I threw up a little in my mouth when I put Torres in. I had Hazard but he has looked like a donkey when I have seen him in a Chelski shirt. I want an attacking Chelsea player. Mata should be wrecked after not having any summer break.

Marin may not start. Who knows what that donkey manager will do with Oscar, and I refuse to buy Ramires for coming good and showing me up. Lamps is so 2010.

What's a chap to do other than buy Torres, the Champions League and European Championship hero and golden boot winner? If I thought there was even a 20% chance he would get back to his proper sucking ways I would sell him in a heartbeat in order to LOL at him without ambivalence.

Hopefully a Cavani will be purchased and I get get rid of him.
                                                                                            If your so neg or at least skeptical about a lot of their attackers, why do you feel the need to have a Chelsea attacking player in your team? Hardly like there's much value there to justify it!
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Foster - Krul
                                                                                              Shawcross - Coloccini - Hangeland - Heitinga - Tierney
                                                                                              Dempsey - Bale - Silva - Dyer - Nolan
                                                                                              Bent - Podolski - Defoe

Is my line up at the moment. I fully expect to have a completely different squad soon as I am light on Manchester city\utd players especially at the back.

Was debating going for Aguero, Rooney, Van Persie but have been finding it tough to justify the spend.

Comment

If your so neg or at least skeptical about a lot of their attackers
                                                                                                Spurs goggles.

Comment

Foster - Krul
                                                                                                  Shawcross - Coloccini - Hangeland - Heitinga - Tierney
                                                                                                  Dempsey - Bale - Silva - Dyer - Nolan
                                                                                                  Bent - Podolski - Defoe

Is my line up at the moment. I fully expect to have a completely different squad soon as I am light on Manchester city\utd players especially at the back.

Was debating going for Aguero, Rooney, Van Persie but have been finding it tough to justify the spend.
                                                                                                  Hageland looks like he's leaving Fulham, hasn't agreed a new contract and other clubs are hovering.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                    Ft this in And in the end came third knocked out senior Kakak1 when he shoved his 99's into my btn 1010's only won like a bb as the big blind micknail here woke up with AK and out flopped us both wp sir
                                                                                                    Well done hope you enjoyed the game.

The "senior" is a lot kinder than what the others call me

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                    Why did I think you were Asian or something???
                                                                                                    Im crazy.

Split the dosh HU with Mr.Kiely.
                                                                                                    I have a 100% cashing record in the Showboat.

Lol out loud sample size!
                                                                                                    Philips wife is asian, Philip himself is a Co Liedown man.

Well done on splitting with Kiely..................helps to keep the 100% record when you're all in early on with Q 10 against A Q & you suck out

Good craic last night, enjoyed the game & banter

Comment

Hageland looks like he's leaving Fulham, hasn't agreed a new contract and other clubs are hovering.
                                                                                                      Which clubs?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        I'm going on a stags on boats on the Shannon tomorrow
                                                                                                        Don't end up like this Teutonic twat

I would love to have been in on the conversation:

"Soooooo.....ve appear to haf grounded Das Boot, on dry land, in ze middle of ze night. Scheisse! Vot must ve do to retrieve ze situation?"

"I vill get ze dinghy, leave ze safety of dry land, and paddle out into ze lake, in darkness, in ze middle of a storm."

"Ja, excellent plan Hans. Ve vill vait here and, er, mind ze beer for you."
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Newly signed Michu from Swansea at £6.5m is worth a look. He scored a hatfull from midfield for Rayo last season and Swansea have decent opening games against QPR, Barnsley and West Ham.

Opr

Comment

If your so neg or at least skeptical about a lot of their attackers, why do you feel the need to have a Chelsea attacking player in your team? Hardly like there's much value there to justify it!
                                                                                                            Because I want to care when I watch a Chelsea game.

FF is a balancing act for me between giving me a greater interest in watching the top teams and trying to do well.

I'm sure Chelsea will do well enough attacking wise, I'm just not sure which of the midfielders will thrive early on.

I have 3 Chelsea players, is it a gamble seeing as they won't be playing in week 3?
                                                                                                            They have 2 games week 1 so it makes little difference other than greater chance of rotation.
                                                                                                            Last edited by hotspur; 16-08-12, 12:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                              Newly signed Michu from Swansea at £6.5m is worth a look. He scored a hatfull from midfield for Rayo last season and Swansea have decent opening games against QPR, Barnsley and West Ham.

Opr
                                                                                                              shut up!

Comment

Krul

Evra Lescott Williams Rise

Bale Valencia Britton Dyer

Rvp Aguero

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                                                  What course was this? Music Skills and Programming seems a strange mix.
                                                                                                                  Multimedia in Waterford I.T

Modules I can remember are Computer Essentials, Software Engineering, Programming, Music Skills, Graphic Design, Imaging, Critical Thinking, Communication Skills, Maths.

All were fine and enjoyable, but Programming and Music ruined it for me!

Comment

All this talk of leaving cert subjects and no mention of game theory

IPB FPL it's like football manager, but with less work and smashing of laptops!

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

A trailer for the psychological thriller "Ghost Tits" -- the story of a man whose life is turned upside down when his girlfriend's breasts suddenly disappear...

Comment

Which clubs?
                                                                                                                        none mentioned but he wouldn't be short of admirers.

Comment

Wut?

Which clubs?
                                                                                                                          FFS Zod, answer the man.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X