This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
    No way can you call a sandwich at 6 o'clock your dinner....it's simple if there's potatoes/pastas/some other substantial meal it's dinner, any of your salad/sandwich nonesense is definitely tea
    We obviously have differing opinions on how big a sandwich can be.

Edit:
    Just to add lunch is taken during lunch time during the day. Just try and tell a girl you are trying to impress that you are going to a fancy restaurant for tea and not dinner.
    She will think you are some fool who is taking her you for a non alcoholic drink and not the wining and dinning experience you are going for.
    Last edited by RichieM; 04-05-12, 13:40.

Comment

I think there's a country/ City divide in this tea/dinner debate. Most people I've heard call it tea are from a farming background, where they have to get up at stupid o clock in the morning to tend to the cows and that thus making dinner time around midday and tea later in the evening. This still doesnt excuse calling it tea though, let that be known.
      Profit before people.

Comment

I regularly make myself an omlette for lunch, only today I was all outta milk, but I remembered a tip I got from an Aunt of mine who used to work in Nico's Italian restaurant.She said the secret to perfert omlettes was to use WATER instead of milk.
        Best one I've made yet, was going to take a pic. but was too hungry, nom nom nom.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          I think there's a country/ City divide in this tea/dinner debate. Most people I've heard call it tea are from a farming background, where they have to get up at stupid o clock in the morning to tend to the cows and that thus making dinner time around midday and tea later in the evening. This still doesnt excuse calling it tea though, let that be known.
          Having a snack. Going out and doing some work and having a fry then doing more work then having dinner.

This is just like having breakfast, working, lunch, working and dinner.

The time you start at means nothing. Most of the time this dinner is at 4 in the afternoon or 5 at the latest. Plenty of lads I knew had dinner as they walked in the door from school. Still not lunch time so still not lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
            I regularly make myself an omlette for lunch, only today I was all outta milk, but I remembered a tip I got from an Aunt of mine who used to work in Nico's Italian restaurant.She said the secret to perfert omlettes was to use WATER instead of milk.
            Best one I've made yet, was going to take a pic. but was too hungry, nom nom nom.
            Any tips if you have no eggs?

Comment

Ive never played it AJ?. Link to the rules?

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                Any tips if you have no eggs?
                Have a sandwich

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                  Oooops, thought I remembered you in a game.
                  Will try to find a link, or someone who waffles less than me might be able to explain it <150 words.

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                    Make lots of noise and accuse everyone of being a wolf. Put yourself on invisible or else you will be accused of being a wolf. The end

Comment

Wrong!!!

shur dont ya know Paddy tis called Tae ffs!
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Why use milk or water in omelettes? I use neither, just coat the pan with a bit of olive oil and butter, whack in eggs, cheese and whatever meats/other ingredients you like, pinch of salt and pepper, cook her for a few mins and jobs a good'un.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Oooops, thought I remembered you in a game.
                          Will try to find a link, or someone who waffles less than me might be able to explain it <150 words.
                          think i might of been included once..

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                            Wrong!!!

shur dont ya know Paddy tis called Tae ffs!
                            What I really meant was a Dublin\non Dublin divide or sophisticated\non-sophisticated.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

After breakfast if there's no meat its not a meal. Breakfast should have meat in an ideal world but you can get away with cereal
                              airport, lol

Comment

What I really meant was a Dublin\non Dublin divide or sophisticated\non-sophisticated.
                                Are you trying to infer that Dublin is sophisticated. In a city where half the population consider batter burgers to be edible and a large chips to be a meal.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                  Why use milk or water in omelettes? I use neither, just coat the pan with a bit of olive oil and butter, whack in eggs, cheese and whatever meats/other ingredients you like, pinch of salt and pepper, cook her for a few mins and jobs a good'un.
                                  Milk in an omelette are you mad or wha

A half an eggshell per every two eggs of water is necessary as is pepper and really fresh free range eggs and not beating the eggs too much and no olive oil either, a great omelette needs to be made with butter.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Went to see the Avengers this week

SPOILER
                                    its so awesome i'd be tempted to go see it again! for a film that is on greater than the two hour mark, not once did you get that usual why the fuck is this so long, i didn't want it to end, at the end of the film i was like they aren't going to kill ironman are they? i was quite revealed when they didn't, how awesome was the hulk too

maybe someone who is bigger into the comics might be able to tell me, can captain america die?

also went to see American Pie the Reunion last night

SPOILER
                                    its not often that you can get 4films from a series be funny and good but i think they managed it with this, also this film is an example of how guys age better then girl if you compare the members of the cast the guys that is from the original to this one 13years later they don't look that much older, now compare that with the female counterparts obviously tara reid is prob not the best example but you get the point,

i noticed they left the door open for another film at the end don't see how they can do another one
                                    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post

SPOILER
                                      its so awesome i'd be tempted to go see it again! for a film that is on greater than the two hour mark, not once did you get that usual why the fuck is this so long, i didn't want it to end, at the end of the film i was like they aren't going to kill ironman are they? i was quite revealed when they didn't, how awesome was the hulk too

maybe someone who is bigger into the comics might be able to tell me, can captain america die?

SPOILER
                                      its not often that you can get 4films from a series be funny and good but i think they managed it with this, also this film is an example of how guys age better then girl if you compare the members of the cast the guys that is from the original to this one 13years later they don't look that much older, now compare that with the female counterparts obviously tara reid is prob not the best example but you get the point,

i noticed they left the door open for another film at the end don't see how they can do another one
                                      Avengers
                                      SPOILER
                                      terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Milk in an omelette are you mad or wha

A half an eggshell per every two eggs of water is necessary as is pepper and really fresh free range eggs and not beating the eggs too much and no olive oil either, a great omelette needs to be made with butter.
                                        What's the water for?

Comment

First behind the scenes of Breaking Bad season 5, the best show on TV!
                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                            Avengers
                                            SPOILER
                                            terrible
                                            SPOILER
                                            you didn't like it?
                                            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

From Glinners Twitter, winner of the Hipster Olympics

Lol, 50 years old and the lyrics of this are still equally relevant.

Blossom Dearie - I'm Hip, from her 1966 LP "Blossom Time at Ronnie Scott's."
                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

SPOILER

SPOILER

Agree with both films

Avengers stuff below.

SPOILER
                                                  For the American release they have added another scene to the movie at the end of the credits I think, there is obviously the scene with Thanos but this is something funny supposedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                    What's the water for?
                                                    It helps to lighten the eggs a bit making the omelette a bit fluffier, this is needed especially when you have nice rich eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                      Avengers
                                                      SPOILER
                                                      terrible
                                                      Avengers is ok, the one liners were very good, the action much less so.

How are Hawkeye and Poison Ivy (or whatever Scarletts name was) in The Avengers? They are not superhuman or have a fancy suit. Much as I did enjoy Scarlets outfit the point of them in the team is a bit meh

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                          Avengers is ok, the one liners were very good, the action much less so.

How are Hawkeye and Poison Ivy (or whatever Scarletts name was) in The Avengers? They are not superhuman or have a fancy suit. Much as I did enjoy Scarlets outfit the point of them in the team is a bit meh
                                                          [SPOILER]As soon as Ironman died I lost all interest to be honest.[\SPOILER]

Comment

SPOILER
                                                            you didn't like it?
                                                            No

SPOILER
                                                            I thought it was pretty poor. The plot wasnt up to much and seems very similar to the Transformers plot. The main villain Loki, was a weak enough character. Most good villains are strong and dont lack conviction. Didnt like how overly pro-american it was. The whole thing of the cube to be used for nuclear weapons as a form of deterrent protection seemed to be glossed over. Couldnt relate to the aliens who came in. They were just so dull, would of hoped for something abit more clever and unique.

Few glaring continuity mistakes. Like Hawk-eye never running out of arrows although he only has about 10 in his carrier. Thats fine but then don't have a crucial scene where he suddenly runs out of arrows.

The characters are obviously classics and it with the big budget on special effects it would of been hard to not make an entertaining and stimulating movie. Some good scenes like the one between Loki and Black Widow, but overall it was lazy I thought.

No comparison between this and the Batmans, which poses thoughtful questions on society and what is right/wrong.

Its on a similar level to any of the Ironmans, Fantastic 4, X Men, Hulk etc.

Comment

ooh a letter, could be euro tickets ..... unexpected bill, fuck my life

Comment

lol at me Black Widow

Comment

Captain America dies in the comics, google
                                                                  The death of captain america

Comment

lol at me Black Widow
                                                                    Other chick at the start was pretty hot too.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                      On the way to hospital to have this baby induced. Lazy sod won't budge.
                                                                      Is Finkel a woman?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                        [SPOILER]As soon as Ironman died I lost all interest to be honest.[\SPOILER]
                                                                        LMAO at the spoiler fail, quoted for purposes of annoying people who could think there are such a thing as spoilers for a film like this

Comment

LMAO at the spoiler fail, quoted for purposes of annoying people who could think there are such a thing as spoilers for a film like this
                                                                          I agree. Is everyone not just going to this to see bright shiny things, eat popcorn and turn the brain off for 2 hours.

Comment

It helps to lighten the eggs a bit making the omelette a bit fluffier, this is needed especially when you have nice rich eggs.
                                                                            I always get free range and there's nay need for water. Although I'd imagine you still have your egg collection from back in the 60's when eggs where actually still edible amirite, so its understandable why these may need a bit of added liquid after all those years.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Aint seen the film yet but knowing icky it wasnt a fail...
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

lol at SP for missing the joke. Pretty sure there is some sort of appropriate gif

You still rule at spoilering from the Tinker Tailor incidient

Comment

Alabama Shakes are coming up soon with a live session on Steve Lemacq's show on BBC 6 Music

It's live online here http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                    I agree. Is everyone not just going to this to see bright shiny things, eat popcorn and turn the brain off for 2 hours.
                                                                                    Of coarse there is room for spoilers.

Comment

I always get free range and there's nay need for water. Although I'd imagine you still have your egg collection from back in the 60's when eggs where actually still edible amirite, so its understandable why these may need a bit of added liquid after all those years.
                                                                                      Well since milk hasnt been good for 3 decades I'd assume he doesn't use that either. Also is it just me or do a lot of keanes posts follow the same route, ie Lol strewelpeter

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                        So ... i've attached the baby's soother to a particularly large teddy bear to see what she'll do. she's just taken to dragging the oversized teddy bear around with her everywhere. slightly disappointing really - was hoping she'd choose the more cerebral options of either untying it or deciding to abandon the soother on a cost / benefit basis. are these the types of decisions that 8-month olds are meant to be getting the hang of, or is that a later life level of decision making?
                                                                                        Is that not like saying "trying to get my kid off sweets so I've started putting them in milk shakes but fuck it if he/she doesn't eat the milkshake as well"? Like she obv likes her teddy and her soother and now 'clever' daddy has put them together to make them easier to carry around. Get with it man

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                          Of coarse there is room for spoilers.
                                                                                          Agreed, but in some spots online people take the whole 'spoiler that shit DUDE!' thing waaaay too far. It is fair to expect completely unknown details about a brand new book or film to be spoilered, yes. But once a film or book has been out for a good few years, spoilers are unnecessary IMHO and going demented about them makes the annoyed person look like the saddest kind of nerd possible. The Titanic sinks, the One Ring is thrown into Mount Doom, Darth Vader is Luke's father and Ned Stark gets his head cut off!

Good joke Iccy by the way

Comment

Anyone notice RS links being throttled by UPC lately or just being slow in general? I've been getting 1/2 or 1/3 of the speed I was getting last month.

Comment

Labour wards are strange places

Comment

so... IM3 is a prequel then? Awesome
                                                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                  Agreed, but in some spots online people take the whole 'spoiler that shit DUDE!' thing waaaay too far. It is fair to expect completely unknown details about a brand new book or film to be spoilered, yes. But once a film or book has been out for a good few years, spoilers are unnecessary IMHO and going demented about them makes the annoyed person look like the saddest kind of nerd possible. The Titanic sinks, the One Ring is thrown into Mount Doom, Darth Vader is Luke's father and Ned Stark gets his head cut off!

I agree with you but I still find myself avoiding certain stuff.

I do get a laugh out of this.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                  Anyone notice RS links being throttled by UPC lately or just being slow in general? I've been getting 1/2 or 1/3 of the speed I was getting last month.
                                                                                                  No problem for me in Dublin 12.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                    No idea what that jingo means, but UPC has been funny for the last few weeks for me aswell.

Comment

Labour wards are strange places
                                                                                                      genuinely scared of the rotation I will have to do there

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                        There is a doctor here that reminded me of you, seriously. I'll try nab a photo. You'll see what I mean

Comment

There is a doctor here that reminded me of you, seriously. I'll try nab a photo. You'll see what I mean
                                                                                                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                            Why? I think it would be fantastic. One of my close friends from school is a consultant ob/gyn and at first she said it put her off childbirth in general but has since gone on to have 4!

To assist in this amazing thing would be just brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              Why? I think it would be fantastic. One of my close friends from school is a consultant ob/gyn and at first she said it put her off childbirth in general but has since gone on to have 4!

To assist in this amazing thing would be just brilliant.

does assisting at the very beginning count....

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                Agreed, but in some spots online people take the whole 'spoiler that shit DUDE!' thing waaaay too far. It is fair to expect completely unknown details about a brand new book or film to be spoilered, yes. But once a film or book has been out for a good few years, spoilers are unnecessary IMHO and going demented about them makes the annoyed person look like the saddest kind of nerd possible. The Titanic sinks, the One Ring is thrown into Mount Doom, Darth Vader is Luke's father and
                                                                                                                too soon to be including Ned Stark in that list!

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                                                                  does assisting at the very beginning count....
                                                                                                                  Now that's a disgusting thought, it's a long time since you assisted anyone id say Dave

Comment

Anyone watching The Bridge on BBC4 ?

Right up your street Strewel I would say, first 4 on the BBC iPlayer.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                      Anyone watching The Bridge on BBC4 ?

Right up your street Strewel I would say, first 4 on the BBC iPlayer.
                                                                                                                      Finally dl'd the whole series with Eng subs, hoping the subs are good when start watching it

Comment

too soon to be including Ned Stark in that list!
                                                                                                                        No way, that's half the point of my post - Ned Stark's head was lopped off in 1996 in print, last year on screen. No fecking way is that deserving of a spoiler any more! Fair enough anything that hasn't been on screen yet, but everything else is fair game IMHO, well, after a week or so of being on TV

It is ridiculous some of the spoiler arguments you see out there (not on IPB, but elsewhere), people demanding spoiler tags as they don't want to watch a TV show now, but are waiting for the DVD, etc... If you decide that, you just have to accept you run the risk of learning some details in advance, and be mature enough to deal with it if you do - knowing about a spoiler shouldn't stop you enjoying something if it's any good!

Comment

RIP Adam Yauch

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X