X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post

Hold on, are these posts related??

I'm clearly getting old, I literally have no idea how that could be construed as funny?? To me it just looks like some fella making a mess??
    I've no idea either (not old like you).
    Looks like he's in a bathroom. Guessing that's so he can clean up quickly before his mam comes home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post

Hold on, are these posts related??

I'm clearly getting old, I literally have no idea how that could be construed as funny?? To me it just looks like some fella making a mess??
      It was some Laurel and Hardy vid no?
      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
        I've no idea either (not old like you).
        Not old!! "getting old" huge difference!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          For some reason Rigger's use of the term 'tea' tilts me.

I, like most non-predatory paedophile types, consider the mealtime he is referring to as 'dinner'.

Sort it out Rigger or your posts will get skimmed with the speed of those whose avatar you currently share do.
          I would use the term loads as it is more common in Scotland. I do prefer dinner myself but don't understand how anyone can get upset with the word tea being used

Comment

FFS.. Nothing worse than to be looking forward to a really good sleep on the bus, only to end up having to stand or sit in a really uncomfortable seat. For some reason, I can't sit comfortably on the right hand side of the bus. Was really looking forward to sleeping for the entire duration of this one and a half hour journey,

Comment

Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

On the way to hospital to have this baby induced. Lazy sod won't budge.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                  like father like son

best of luck!

Comment

Hope all goes well Richie

Friday of a BH weekend here is usually a relaxed enough affair in work with everyone in high spirits. But alas today a recently formed 'morale and motivation committee' has decided to have an Hawaian fun day. Of course with everything run on an absolute shoe string there's no budget to do anything (even the fruit juice cocktails will have a 50c charge) so its all half assed, but there are stupid 'events' planned like a conga of all support staff around the building at 11am and 4pm, guess who'll be locked away in the jacks at those times!

Nothing as de-motivating as a motivation day imo

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

Friday of a BH weekend here is usually a relaxed enough affair in work with everyone in high spirits. But alas today a recently formed 'morale and motivation committee' has decided to have an Hawaian fun day. Of course with everything run on an absolute shoe string there's no budget to do anything (even the fruit juice cocktails will have a 50c charge) so its all half assed, but there are stupid 'events' planned like a conga of all support staff around the building at 11am and 4pm, guess who'll be locked away in the jacks at those times!

you should have let me know, I'd have gotten you a nice handcrafted Ukelele.

Comment

also, make sure to make plenty of jokes about getting "lei-d". Everyone loves the office comedian.

Comment

Good luck to the good lady Finkel. Let's hope the baby is more like her than you. I don't think the world could cope with a Howard Finkel Jnr!

Comment

Good luck I hope you feel her pain , it can happen
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Sounds like the party planning committee from The Office (US)

Comment

Originally posted by JWillo1 View Post
                                Whats the etiquette on dipping garlic bread into garlic sauce?
                                My mind says No but my mouth says yes
                                I usually use more garlic sauce on the g bread than the pizza, the garlic bread is pretty bland & dry without it imo.

I hope I'm never subjected to that sort of torment.

Comment

Hope all goes well Fink.

Comment

FML has this ever happened to anyone before:

colm went to bank machine at airport in Poland, I put 250 quid onto my laser card for him to get smokes and stuff, I checked the account at 9am the 250 was there, then he rang me and said nothing came out of the machine that the transaction was cancelled, I checked the account the money is gone.

What are the chances of the money going back into the account in the next while?

Obv machine ran out of money.
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post

colm went to bank machine at airport in Poland, I put 250 quid onto my laser card for him to get smokes and stuff, I checked the account at 9am the 250 was there, then he rang me and said nothing came out of the machine that the transaction was cancelled, I checked the account the money is gone.

What are the chances of the money going back into the account in the next while?

Same thing happened me in France for same amount. No resolution

Comment

Do you mean the bank machine thought it gave out the money?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                          Same thing happened me in France for same amount. No resolution
                                          Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                          Do you mean the bank machine thought it gave out the money?
                                          I rang the bank and they said the 250 is pending in the background, that i may be lucky and the machine/polish bank may refund in the next few hours, but if it does go through i have to fill up a dispute form and the AIB apply to the polish bank and i will get the money back.

@gillian the machine prob ran out of cash.
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

I rang the bank and they said the 250 is pending in the background, that i may be lucky and the machine/polish bank may refund in the next few hours, but if it does go through i have to fill up a dispute form and the AIB apply to the polish bank and i will get the money back.

@gillian the machine prob ran out of cash.
                                            I thought the machines were supposed to go out of order once they know they have ran out of cash. Happened to me before in Scotland. I didn't have anything go out my account though. Hopefully you get it sorted soon.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                              just wondering there guys as there are a lot of posts about .fr going on, are you allowed set up a 2nd pokerstars account on .fr?
                                              We have a budding French community on IPB.

@satnav - Likely story, he clearly spent the money on coke/whores.

Opr

Comment

If there was a problem that the machine didn't give him the cash after the transaction was authorised the procedure should be that a reversal goes from the bank with the ATM to your Bank immediately. If that doesn't happen automagically then you are into a pain in the ass cycle of following it up, starting with the branch that has the ATM.
                                                There should be a number on the receipt that he got as well as some text explaining the nature of the issue. One thing that can happen is that in some particular failures that rarely occur the machines cannot tell if the cash was presented to the customer or not so the Reversal has to be done manually, that is something you need to work it out with the ATM custodian.
                                                So what you need to do is establish with the ATM owner that he did not get the cash and mahe sure they get that message to your bank.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                  just wondering there guys as there are a lot of posts about .fr going on, are you allowed set up a 2nd pokerstars account on .fr?
                                                  There is no problem setting up a .fr account on Pokerstars. You cannot use the same user-name (obv). and you have to send them a copy of your bank statement, and ID (passport etc.). They will then send you by mail, a validation code which you enter on the client so that they know you are who you say you are, and that you do indeed live there.Then you can log on and get raped by the donkeys.....

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    If there was a problem that the machine didn't give him the cash after the transaction was authorised the procedure should be that a reversal goes from the bank with the ATM to your Bank immediately. If that doesn't happen automagically then you are into a pain in the ass cycle of following it up, starting with the branch that has the ATM.
                                                    There should be a number on the receipt that he got as well as some text explaining the nature of the issue. One thing that can happen is that in some particular failures that rarely occur the machines cannot tell if the cash was presented to the customer or not so the Reversal has to be done manually, that is something you need to work it out with the ATM custodian.
                                                    So what you need to do is establish with the ATM owner that he did not get the cash and mahe sure they get that message to your bank.
                                                    Going by the girl I was speaking to she said not to worry as I would deffo get the money back and it has happened that the money was returned to the bank account at some part of the day , the money she said is in my account pending even though I cant see it.

She did say that if its not returned that they will apply for it back but because its poland it will take some time.
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Going by the girl I was speaking to she said not to worry as I would deffo get the money back and it has happened that the money was returned to the bank account at some part of the day , the money she said is in my account pending even though I cant see it.

She did say that if its not returned that they will apply for it back but because its poland it will take some time.
                                                      Which doesn't help you get your smokes though. Can you ask the bank to allow an overdraft for the amount so you can get the money out? or Colm can? I have had theUsterbank do that before.

Comment

It's a sign from God to give up smoking and drinking imo.
                                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 04-05-12, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                          Which doesn't help you get your smokes though. Can you ask the bank to allow an overdraft for the amount so you can get the money out? or Colm can? I have had theUsterbank do that before.
                                                          Ah he is grand he had money on him, I just wont be getting the mountain of stuff that I thought I was gonna get . Ill have enough to tide me over till next time.
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            It's a sign from God to give smoking and drinking imo.
                                                            you are possibly right , well there will be no polish vodka or jack daniels this time, no harm I suppose lol
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Question for the IT gurus: I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that my internet connection is very patchy, the wireless network will drop for 20\30 secs quite frequently. It's been very good for the last couple of years.

This is quite annoying with a VOIP phone, internet radio, laptop etc etc running. Has happened five times in the last ten minutes for example.

Is there a way that I can find out if the problem is at my end (i.e. my router) or if is it with my ISP? I'm on UPC, 25 MB BB. It's a Linksys WRT54 router.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                Question for the IT gurus: I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that my internet connection is very patchy, the wireless network will drop for 20\30 secs quite frequently. It's been very good for the last couple of years.

This is quite annoying with a VOIP phone, internet radio, laptop etc etc running. Has happened five times in the last ten minutes for example.

Is there a way that I can find out if the problem is at my end (i.e. my router) or if is it with my ISP? I'm on UPC, 25 MB BB. It's a Linksys WRT54 router.

PM sent.. amending PM as I noticed something there..

Comment

Call UPC support, they'll test it for you hassle free and change some settings. Best case scenario you should be back up to full capacity in 10-15 minutes. Worst case being your router is on the way out. They'll send out a new one in a couple of days to swap it out in that situation.

Comment

Ask UPC to check if there has been any interruption to your connection. the frequency could be your router spazzing out.

Comment

Hmmm something isn't right about this

Dropbox — terms here:

“Your Stuff & Your Privacy: By using our Services you provide us with information, files, and folders that you submit to Dropbox (together, “your stuff”). You retain full ownership to your stuff. We don’t claim any ownership to any of it. These Terms do not grant us any rights to your stuff or intellectual property except for the limited rights that are needed to run the Services, as explained below.”

Microsoft’s SkyDrive — terms here:

“5. Your Content: Except for material that we license to you, we don’t claim ownership of the content you provide on the service. Your content remains your content. We also don’t control, verify, or endorse the content that you and others make available on the service.”

Google Drive — terms here:

“Your Content in our Services: When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide licence to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes that we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content.

The rights that you grant in this licence are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This licence continues even if you stop using our Services (for example, for a business listing that you have added to Google Maps).”
                                                                      Very strange, I mean Google's policy may be more realistic and practical, probably designed to remove ambiguity around public access to stuff you choose to share yourself. This blog post posits the whole thing in terms of rights under the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution . I'm not going to lose sleep either way because anyone who trusts anything super seekrit or of irreplaceable valuable to a cloud service is a fool but I can hear the El Shambos of the world queuing up to make a mountain out of an admittedly dodgy sounding molehill.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Hmmm something isn't right about this

Very strange, I mean Google's policy may be more realistic and practical, probably designed to remove ambiguity around public access to stuff you choose to share yourself. This blog post posits the whole thing in terms of rights under the 4th Amendment to the US Constitution . I'm not going to lose sleep either way because anyone who trusts anything super seekrit or of irreplaceable valuable to a cloud service is a fool but I can hear the El Shambos of the world queuing up to make a mountain out of an admittedly dodgy sounding molehill.
                                                                        Wasn't there uproar when they first released Chrome that they'd tried to sneak in a clause to the EULA that anything you ever uploaded or transmitted using Chrome would automatically become Google's property?

Facists with beanbags IMO.

Comment

@satnav same thing happened to my mam when she was in spain, took her something like 6 weeks to get the money back think it was something like 600€ or something, she is with AIB.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                            Wasn't there uproar when they first released Chrome that they'd tried to sneak in a clause to the EULA that anything you ever uploaded or transmitted using Chrome would automatically become Google's property?

Facists with beanbags IMO.
                                                                            Yep:

Google's new web browser Chrome is fast, shiny, and requires users to sign their very lives over to Google before they can use it. Today's Internet outrage du jour has been Chrome's EULA, which appears to give Google a nonexclusive right to display and distribute every bit of content transmitted through the browser. Now, Google tells Ars that it's a mistake, the EULA will be corrected, and the correction will be retroactive.

As noted by an attorney at Tap the Hive and various and sundry other sites, the Chrome EULA reads like a lot of Google's other EULAs. It requires users to "give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and nonexclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services."

EDIT: lol @ Strewel and his biases as well obv, if Apple did it he'd explode. "More realistic and practical"

Comment

good luck Finkel..

wear a cheap shirt as i found buttons can be ripped off in the 'excitement' !

Comment

Finally managed to get my hands on a copy of CardPlayerEurope last night, only recently I found out that you can't buy them in the shops had been popping into Easons every time I was in town, Rebecca McAdam then informs me you can only get subscriptions of it online or read it in card rooms, in the SE last night and smack bang hits me in the face as I walk to the counter.

Have to say I was totally chuffed to see the pic up in all its glory there, didn't want to be too obnoxious saying "hey look at my pic" but did grab the lads I know and show them.

First thing when I woke this morning I showed it to my Dad, I've showed him my other pics I've had published in mags but never really has an interest but he took the mag put on his glasses and had a good look at it, 2 minutes or so later and the ribbing starts "look at me Mr Bigshot photographer"

I didn't want to stick up the pic till Nick had had a chance to see it as it's obviously his first cover also & to have a bit of a surprise, but he sent me a message last night saying to put it up. Delighted to get a front cover and glad to see its somebody like Nick and not some big name who has had a million covers already, truly nice guy and sick good player

Had a flick through the rest of the mag and there is a few more snaps appearing in the rest of it. Nicks interview was an excellent read and had a smile while reading it, Rebecca also has a nice piece about the deaf event that was held recently and then a good interview with our very own ElectraBlue.

Cheers to Rebecca McAdam for selecting my picture for the front cover, hooray to me & hooray to Nick! Onwards and upwards...

Last edited by tylerdurden94; 04-05-12, 11:14.
                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                    good luck Finkel..

wear a cheap shirt as i found buttons can be ripped off in the 'excitement' !
                                                                                    He's going to the hospital not turning into Superman!

Comment

All this May the 4th be with out .......does this make tomorrow the revenge of the s5th............just asking
                                                                                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                      http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Nick abou risk is the spit of ghostface ste

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                          Ghostface to do a Canadian accent???
                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                            He's a prettier version.

All bald people look alike

Comment

A good explanation of meals. Certainly when growing up (no smart cracks please) Dinner was the main meal of the day whether eaten mid day or evening time. If dinner was evening, mid day meal was lunch. If dinner was mid day evening meal was Tea.

These are the most common set mealtimes in the Western world.
                                                                                               Breakfast is usually eaten within an hour or two after a person wakes in the morning.
                                                                                               Lunch or dinner is eaten around mid-day, usually between 11 am and 2 pm. In some areas, the name will change between these two depending on the content of the meal.
                                                                                               Dinner or tea is a meal eaten in the evening. In some areas, the name will change between these two depending on the content of the meal.
                                                                                               Supper is a light meal eaten in the late evening or overnight before bed. In some areas of the United States a large meal eaten in the late afternoon, usually between 5 and 6 pm is referred to as supper.

Comment

QQ, I've somehow managed to change the print size to on one of the pages to tiny (using google chrome), all other pages are fine, any idea as to how I change it back to normal thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                  QQ, I've somehow managed to change the print size to on one of the pages to tiny (using google chrome), all other pages are fine, any idea as to how I change it back to normal thanks.
                                                                                                  Ctrl+mouse wheel

Comment

ctrl and up arrow i think.

or ctrl and the scrool wheel on mouse.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Cheers lads, was wrecking my head.

Comment

From Glinners Twitter, winner of the Hipster Olympics

Comment

Cheers lads, was wrecking my head.
                                                                                                            Can you make the writing a bit bigger, i can't read it

Comment

Anybody know anything re Traffic history reports for QLD when applying for canadian visa? is theyre a fee?..Never driven theyre but still need one. Probably to late to get visa now considering probhave to wait a month for Aus police/traffic report, was theyre in 08/09 and have a new passport now, could you chance applying without giving that information to try speed it up?... I know a few here that have been and have applied but forget which of you to pm..

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                                                                A good explanation of meals. Certainly when growing up (no smart cracks please) Dinner was the main meal of the day whether eaten mid day or evening time. If dinner was evening, mid day meal was lunch. If dinner was mid day evening meal was Tea.

These are the most common set mealtimes in the Western world.
                                                                                                                 Breakfast is usually eaten within an hour or two after a person wakes in the morning.
                                                                                                                 Lunch or dinner is eaten around mid-day, usually between 11 am and 2 pm. In some areas, the name will change between these two depending on the content of the meal.
                                                                                                                 Dinner or tea is a meal eaten in the evening. In some areas, the name will change between these two depending on the content of the meal.
                                                                                                                 Supper is a light meal eaten in the late evening or overnight before bed. In some areas of the United States a large meal eaten in the late afternoon, usually between 5 and 6 pm is referred to as supper.
                                                                                                                something around 1 or 2 if I'm in work, something if I'm hungry later.
                                                                                                                Something when I'm hungry at the weekends
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  something around 1 or 2 if I'm in work, something if I'm hungry later.
                                                                                                                  Something when I'm hungry at the weekends

but what time do you have your Tea

Comment

So breakfast we can all agree on.

Lunch - meal in the middle of the day. Thus Sunday lunch being a big meal

Dinner - Evening meal - If you have had a big lunch this can be a salad and cold cuts or sandwich type affair

Tea I presume comes from when people had morning and afternoon teas thus the Calvinist Scots still refer to it. Supper like morning and afternoon tea have disappeared from most places along with scullery maids and cavalry as anything more than ceremonial force from the military.

All other meals bar the 3 above are snacks not scheduled meals. People who think they can have dinner in the middle of the day are crazy as the size of the meal is no what makes it lunch or dinner it is the order it falls in. Otherwise if you had a massive fry in the morning this could be the largest meal and thus you dinner. Madness.

Comment

Tea is a delicious hot drink you pack of numpties, not a meal.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                                        So breakfast we can all agree on.

Lunch - meal in the middle of the day. Thus Sunday lunch being a big meal

Dinner - Evening meal - If you have had a big lunch this can be a salad and cold cuts or sandwich type affair

Tea I presume comes from when people had morning and afternoon teas thus the Calvinist Scots still refer to it. Supper like morning and afternoon tea have disappeared from most places along with scullery maids and cavalry as anything more than ceremonial force from the military.

All other meals bar the 3 above are snacks not scheduled meals. People who think they can have dinner in the middle of the day are crazy as the size of the meal is no what makes it lunch or dinner it is the order it falls in. Otherwise if you had a massive fry in the morning this could be the largest meal and thus you dinner. Madness.
                                                                                                                        No way can you call a sandwich at 6 o'clock your dinner....it's simple if there's potatoes/pastas/some other substantial meal it's dinner, any of your salad/sandwich nonesense is definitely tea

Comment

New Werewolf Sign-up thread, a special 'Pick Your Own Role' game.
                                                                                                                          Starting off next Wed/Thurs.

^^^^^ Hoping to see some old MVPs like Emmet, ak47, Hitch and Bubbleking make their return to the wolfpit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X