X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
    He didn't come yet

Maybe he needs some encouragement .........
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
    http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
      They've just been in with my mate in the studios in RTE, he seems to think they are quite annoying after that experience!
      They are probably the 2 people I'd least like to sit next to on a long bus journey. For all that, they're great at what they do and I hope it continues for them.
      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Playing a piddly $10 rebuy game on Boyles.

Only 6 left but still 2 levels of rebuys.

I 2.5x cover all the chips in play, yet there are all multi rebuying still despite the fact they'll have to win to break even

Topping up 1st prize ftw!

Comment

Do PPP usually make you jump through many/any hoops to get P2P transfers activated?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
            They are probably the 2 people I'd least like to sit next to on a long bus journey. For all that, they're great at what they do and I hope it continues for them.
            I'd sooner sit next to them than you and rigger throwing handbags.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              Do PPP usually make you jump through many/any hoops to get P2P transfers activated?
              No, set mine up fine. Do you not just use the abc@xyz yoke or whatever the proper version of it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                I would sooner walk than either of these options

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                  No, set mine up fine. Do you not just use the abc@xyz yoke or whatever the proper version of it is?
                  Nah it said "Please send an e-mail to poker@paddypower.com if you want to make a player to player transfer!".

Hopefully won't be anything annoying now, just emailed them to request it be activated.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                    I would sooner walk than either of these options
                    Whoa, whoa, whoa with the hostility. It's Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
                      Maybe he needs some encouragement .........
                      Or a diddywank

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                        Whoa, whoa, whoa with the hostility. It's Thursday.
                        Which comes right before...

Rebecca Black's debut album 'Let Her Burn' out now. https://lnk.dmsmusic.co/LHB Vinyl available for preorder now. https://rebeccablack.co/merchThis is the on...
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Caption contest imo

Comment

2/2

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                              Playing a piddly $10 rebuy game on Boyles.

Only 6 left but still 2 levels of rebuys.

I 2.5x cover all the chips in play, yet there are all multi rebuying still despite the fact they'll have to win to break even

Topping up 1st prize ftw!
                              What's up top now?
                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                Paddypower had Celtic priced at 2/5 and West Ham at 17/10 about two hours ago - so double would have returned 3.78

Then they lowered Celtic to 1/3 and West Ham to 8/5 - and offered an "enhanced" special of 11/4 on the double i.e. 3.75

cheeky feckers
                                Money is coming for both teams on all sites, at least the double is still available at a similar price.

Comment

superb video...made my kids squeal with delight

Comment

Nah it said "Please send an e-mail to poker@paddypower.com if you want to make a player to player transfer!".

Hopefully won't be anything annoying now, just emailed them to request it be activated.
                                    Don't email might take a day or two hop onto live chat they do it there and then
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Snap call. You will still have circa 6bb if you lose and still should make the pay jump. Win the hand and you jump 2 spots almost certainly

Jesus that's an awful fold
                                      If it's 9 handed and you have the entire table behind you it's definitely not an awful fold

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                        If it's 9 handed and you have the entire table behind you it's definitely not an awful fold
                                        But it's not. It's 5 or 6 handed and he is 3rd or 4th in chips. Try keep up

Comment

Anyone else have problems with pp website?.. Page seems to freeze when scrolling and mouseover takes few seconds. Tilting.

Comment

Just reading over my old blog. I miss when poker was easy

SPOILER

Comment

Yes it was 6 handed(altho 5 handed effective with the sitout) Chippy(3 times my stack) direct left of me who I forgot to mention can be quite shove/call shove happy

I have seen the error of my ways. While I don't think it was awful it was wrong to fold. In my mind I was picking up more than my fair share of smaller pots to justify not racing. Just sickened me that I finally got them in vs villain and he 3 outered me on the river for me to burst in 4th
                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                Just reading over my old blog. I miss when poker was easy

SPOILER
                                                What date is that? Do you still play pro?

Comment

I assume I can transfer money I move from my sports book to my poker account immediately or do I have to play some amount of hands or something first?

Comment

I assume I can transfer money I move from my sports book to my poker account immediately or do I have to play some amount of hands or something first?
                                                    Why dont you try it? you can afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                                                      Id take a guess at '06

Comment

OMG!!!! WTF!!!! .....I don't want to live on this planet anymore

A woman from New Jersey who appears to have an obsession with fake tanning has been charged with child endangerment after taking her then five-year-old daughter into a tanning salon.
                                                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                        http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                          Why dont you try it? you can afaik.
                                                          I've already tried it and had trouble, we're on to the trying to figure out what the problem is stage of the problem now!

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                            Yes it was 6 handed(altho 5 handed effective with the sitout) Chippy(3 times my stack) direct left of me who I forgot to mention can be quite shove/call shove happy

I have seen the error of my ways. While I don't think it was awful it was wrong to fold. In my mind I was picking up more than my fair share of smaller pots to justify not racing. Just sickened me that I finally got them in vs villain and he 3 outered me on the river for me to burst in 4th
                                                            Bad fold then. I'd advise getting out of the mentality of worrying about racing or not, what's important is your equity against his range, not picking a hand at random and assuming he has it.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

You seemed to have missed the crucial "if" in my sentence.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/us-mother-c...093410954.html
                                                                      Whoever let either her (or her 5 year old) into the tanning booth is culpable too.
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/us-mother-c...093410954.html
                                                                        Needs more tan..

Comment

You seemed to have missed the crucial "if" in my sentence.
                                                                          What are you talking about! If he had 89 suited on the button with a raise and a re raise in front of him and folded it wouldn't be awful either.

I commented on the hand in question, I'm not too concerned with a pot on a 9 handed table that never happened thus isn't relevant to my post.

Comment

Never realised that there was more than one version of Edvard Munch's The Scream drawn, one of them went for $120 million last night at auction.

I do find that a bit strange as I would of assumed a paintings value is it's uniqueness & by the painter also.

Read about the sale HERE
                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Shut the fuck up Finkel

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                I think I recall you asking some time ago, so I dunno if you read what I might have suggested before.

I would recommend starting with the book that kicked off the field Authentic Happiness by Martin Seligman (the founder of the field):

Then I would download Tal Ben-Shahar's Positive Psychology lecture series from Harvard. Cousins should be able to help you with that, titled Harvard - Tal D. Ben-Shahar - Psychology 1504 - Positive Psychology.

Beyond that I can suggest our own Alan Carr's book on the field which gives an excellent overview of it. It is quite academic:

Then a couple of practical guides by Barb Fredrickson:

And Sonja Lyubomirsky:
                                                                                https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-How-Of-...dp/0749952466/
                                                                                Just the man,

I have an exam on Saturday and one of the essays is coping with pain or coping with fear in cancer - have you any good papers that could help me out in this regard?

We have to write on mental illness too and I think I'll take a mad punt and talk about gambling addiction. Ironically it will go down very well or the gamble won't pay off at all

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                                                                                  Summer of '08. Don't really play any more except for the fun; poker has since crushed my spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                    No, I don't really like white rums.

Need to order some more spiced gold from them though.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Hypothetical:

Two teams - both at evens - so double is 3/1. Would it not be a bit wrong to make both teams e.g. 5/6 in order to make an enhanced special double at 3/1 look good? That's what they did earlier. There wasn't any 'enhancing'.

Now obv its to be expected that mug bets such as the 'enhanced bets' would be loaded with trickery, but didn't think they'd be quite so obvious about it.
                                                                                      does not compute.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                        Shut the fuck up Finkel
                                                                                        Go fuck yourself you retarded cunt

Comment

...

Comment

go into any paddy power shop now and nearly every screen has an enhanced special of some sort on it. You can usually judge a product based on who it is pitched at
                                                                                            enhanced odds => offered at a better / lower price than elsewhere.

The relative value of enhanced odds offers is usually massive.

The absolute value perhaps is ambiguous at times, but relatively speaking, an enhanced odd that is actually enhanced (not just labelled as such - check oddschecker to see that it is) is always less of a mug bet than the non-enhanced one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                              Just the man,

I have an exam on Saturday and one of the essays is coping with pain or coping with fear in cancer - have you any good papers that could help me out in this regard?

We have to write on mental illness too and I think I'll take a mad punt and talk about gambling addiction. Ironically it will go down very well or the gamble won't pay off at all
                                                                                              Adam Levine, Waking the Tiger

Anything by Babette Rothschild is also good.

Both are focused on trauma.

Comment

Its amazing how Science has all but destroyed the idea that a person's race means anything genetically speaking. The unraveling of DNA in the last few years has shown that there are far more differences within races than between them. It has also shown we are an amazingly uniform species genetically. There was a genetic bottleneck about 75,000 years ago. Using mitochondrial DNA it is possible to see that there was as few as 1000 mating pairs of humans at that time. The Supervolcano that exploded at what is now Lake Toba in Indonesia is blamed for a mini extinction event and we are all descended from these few humans that survived.

Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Joseph obrien..easily the luckiest jockey in the world continually getting rides because who his old man is...somehow managed to get offer beat by running up the arse of hartani..

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                                                                                    Its amazing how Science has all but destroyed the idea that a person's race means anything genetically speaking. The unraveling of DNA in the last few years has shown that there are far more differences within races than between them. It has also shown we are an amazingly uniform species genetically. There was a genetic bottleneck about 75,000 years ago. Using mitochondrial DNA it is possible to see that there was as few as 1000 mating pairs of humans at that time. The Supervolcano that exploded at what is now Lake Toba in Indonesia is blamed for a mini extinction event and we are all descended from these few humans that survived.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cr...bout-humanity/
                                                                                                    yeah we are all inbred - moreso in Ireland because its an Island and its why we have the highest rate of cystic fibrosis in the world (a genetically recessive disorder). SO the next time you are getting down just remind yourself that its probably your cousin of some sort

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel
                                                                                                      Nice ride Joseph O Brien
                                                                                                      Couldnt believe he managed to do that its like he wasnt looking!

Comment

QQ for the deal makers here.

Im first in the fantasy football by 20 points.

Its between me and another fella (no one else will make it into the top 2).

Its €220 up top with €110 for 2nd.

Whats my ev+ play here with regards to offering a deal.

Intersted in the working behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                                                          QQ for the deal makers here.

Im first in the fantasy football by 20 points.

Its between me and another fella (no one else will make it into the top 2).

Its €220 up top with €110 for 2nd.

Whats my ev+ play here with regards to offering a deal.

Intersted in the working behind it.
                                                                                                          If you made your transfers to the same players as his expected top points scorers then you would be extremely difficult to catch.

Off the top of my head I would only consider a deal that gave me a minimum of €200.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                            If you made your transfers to the same players as his expected top points scorers then you would be extremely difficult to catch.

Off the top of my head I would only consider a deal that gave me a minimum of €200.
                                                                                                            This. Although the last gameweek of the season can turn into a complete lottery with strange team selections, some teams mentally being already on summer holidays etc

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                              enhanced odds => offered at a better / lower price than elsewhere.

The relative value of enhanced odds offers is usually massive.

The absolute value perhaps is ambiguous at times, but relatively speaking, an enhanced odd that is actually enhanced (not just labelled as such - check oddschecker to see that it is) is always less of a mug bet than the non-enhanced one.
                                                                                                              I had always assumed the majority of enhanced odds specials coincide with a trader thinking something is under/over priced. Ignoring the arbing aspect of it completely surely someone who does this full time for a living offering an enhanced price means the bet wasn't a very good one to begin with? The notion of value only exists because the price is better than offered elsewhere. The percentage winning margin might be even less than on an average mug bet if a particular firm is better at pricing the market.

Opr

Comment

Go fuck yourself you retarded cunt
                                                                                                                Careful now.

Comment

Captain choice is my biggest risk imo - its the gamble / luck bit of the game, not convinced that its good for the game from a skill point of view

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                    I had always assumed the majority of enhanced odds specials coincide with a trader thinking something is under/over priced. Ignoring the arbing aspect of it completely surely someone who does this full time for a living offering an enhanced price means the bet wasn't a very good one to begin with? The notion of value only exists because the price is better than offered elsewhere. The percentage winning margin might be even less than on an average mug bet if a particular firm is better at pricing the market.

Opr
                                                                                                                    true in a lot of cases, but also, realise that a lot of enhanced odds bets are simply marketing.

Whereas a book might be charging 112% overround usually, with an enhanced odd they may reduce that to something like 102% for that particular market.

A once off / high variance dent in their long term margin at the cost of attracting new players etc is a balancing act.

They can be Loss Leaders as much as they can be a traders position on a market. And probably more so in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                                                                      Captain choice is my biggest risk imo - its the gamble / luck bit of the game, not convinced that its good for the game from a skill point of view
                                                                                                                      I would of thought the only way to go is to select the exact same captain as the guy in second.

Comment

I would of thought the only way to go is to select the exact same captain as the guy in second.
                                                                                                                        But im guessing at 2 maybe 3 players that he can choose

Comment

Running the NW 10K on Sunday. I saw someone give advice somewhere about preparing for these sort of things. Anyone know who posted it and/or what it was?

I did one a couple of months ago, was totally unprepared and my legs were like jelly for day.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X