This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    I'm bringing my guitar with me to a stags this weekend in Kilkenny for residents bar shenanigans.

Can anyone recommend a few tunes to learn, I only know five or six and my mind has gone blank can't think of any.

I'm only playing a year so nothing toooo difficult
    Crazy world by Aslan is three chords and gets every session singing.

Anything by beatles, oasis etc

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
      Crazy world by Aslan is three chords and gets every session singing.

Anything by beatles, oasis etc
      Crazy World is an excellent choice, cheers man.

I can play Half The World Away, must learn some more Oasis tunes
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Crazy World is an excellent choice, cheers man.

I can play Half The World Away, must learn some more Oasis tunes
        Wonderwall is fairly easy to learn aswell.

Comment

Sid just got from Austrailia to Hawaii in 2 hours, wow, thats a 10 hour trip

Comment

I'm bringing my guitar with me to a stags this weekend in Kilkenny for residents bar shenanigans.

Can anyone recommend a few tunes to learn, I only know five or six and my mind has gone blank can't think of any.

At the last wedding I was at I went to bed once the singing in the residents bar started for a couple of reasons.

1. I resented being told to 'shush' for songs I didn't want to hear.
            2. I want to have the craic, not sing, and not everyone wants to be part of a sing song, but will have to be if some idiot has a guitar.

So, to summarise, leave the guitar at home, just get wasted.

Comment

Take me Home Country Roads - John Denver
              Leaving on a Jet Plane - John Denver
              The Gambler - Kenny Rogers
              House of the Rising Sun - The Animals
              Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
              Ordinary Man - Christy Moore
              Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry
              Mary - The Four of Us
              Pride - U2
              Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

So, need to register business name tomorrow, Any suggestions? Was going to go with Achieve Hypnotherapy but website taken.
                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                  @Strewel

Brenda Fricker >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > any other Irish actress ever.

Sinead Cusack is next for me and then Fionnula Flanagan. Then the two Maureens(O'Hara, O'Sullivan), Fiona Shaw and Siobhan McKenna in whatever order and I won't argue.
                  Eoghan o Dea's grandmother

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                    Yeah I brought it over from the WSOP thread. Strewel said she was Ireland's best ever actress over there.
                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                      Ok I am out after legal consultation.

Lets try again Richard.
                      Also it would make it close to impossible to get into the US again.
                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                        Also it would make it close to impossible to get into the US again.

Kayroo ^^^^^ imo

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          At the last wedding I was at I went to bed once the singing in the residents bar started for a couple of reasons.

2. I want to have the craic, not sing, and not everyone wants to be part of a sing song, but will have to be if some idiot has a guitar.

Shush you, go on to bed

Comment

Anyway what I have in mind won't be a 'shush will ye' type of singsong, it will be a danutpeddlar in the Burlo type

Comment

Creedence, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Bob Marley, Paul Simon, Christy Moore.

Should be all well known and have some easy enough songs to learn.

Comment

Take me Home Country Roads - John Denver
                                Leaving on a Jet Plane - John Denver
                                The Gambler - Kenny Rogers
                                House of the Rising Sun - The Animals
                                Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
                                Ordinary Man - Christy Moore
                                Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry
                                Mary - The Four of Us
                                Pride - U2
                                Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
                                Cheers EE, gonna tackle that EE cherry tune as soon as I've gotten Crazy World.

Actually only copped the 'Eagle Eye' bit now

Comment

Cheers EE, gonna tackle that EE cherry tune as soon as I've gotten Crazy World.

Actually only copped the 'Eagle Eye' bit now
                                  Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
                                  Mr. Jones - Counting Crows
                                  Hit Me Baby One More Time - Travis
                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Anyway what I have in mind won't be a 'shush will ye' type of singsong, it will be a danutpeddlar in the Burlo type
                                    No Woman No Cry
                                    Champagne Supernova
                                    The Weight
                                    When you say Nothing at All

Solid Busking songs

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                      So, need to register business name tomorrow, Any suggestions? Was going to go with Achieve Hypnotherapy but website taken.
                                      if having hypnotherapy in the surname is important for you. I think the other word should if possible have a positive feeling to it. There is a lot of doubt about hypnotherapy from the general public (speaking for my own and people i know opinions). Associating it with a word of positive meaning may be good.

Responsivehypnotherapy
                                      resulthypnotherapy
                                      resultshypnotherapy

or my fave is
                                      targethypnotherapy

The .com is available in the above too, which is important.
                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                        Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
                                        Mr. Jones - Counting Crows
                                        Hit Me Baby One More Time - Travis
                                        I love Folsom Prison Blues, I've tried to learn it, I can play the opening riff no problem but the chords (from Ultimate-guitar.com) just don't sound right, if anyone knows a good youtube lesson I'd be much obliged

Comment

No offence Dom,but for someone who looks like a football hooligan,you are remarkably fuddy-duddyish.
                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            No Woman No Cry
                                            Champagne Supernova
                                            The Weight
                                            When you say Nothing at All

Solid Busking songs
                                            Excellent choices, but The Weight, how did I not think of learning that before?

Sorry EE's, The Band jumps the queue

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                              No offence Dom,but for someone who looks like a football hooligan,you are remarkably fuddy-duddyish.
                                              I like my beer and my peace and quiet. Comes with old age I guess.

Comment

Van Der Voort song/walk on is the new best thing in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                  Yeah, and for every football hooligan lookalike grumphole of the baily that goes to bed, seven hot chicks gather around the guitar player

Comment

Just dont turn into one of those cunts at a house party or something who see a guitar and has to pick it up.
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I like my beer and my peace and quiet. Comes with old age I guess.
                                                      Hear ya man. Guy I live with texted me and said there was a BBQ going down at the weekend there and my first though was FML they'll be up all night making noise and I won't be able to get some kip!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                        Hear ya man. Guy I live with texted me and said there was a BBQ going down at the weekend there and my first though was FML they'll be up all night making noise and I won't be able to get some kip!
                                                        Man that's ghey.

My first thought would be session tbh, and I'm guessing I'm older than you

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                          Just dont turn into one of those cunts at a house party or something who see a guitar and has to pick it up.
                                                          lol, I guess I'm already that cunt

Comment

lol, I guess I'm already that cunt
                                                            here was me thinking you were

Comment

here was me thinking you were
                                                              oh I haven't done it yet, I just reckon I would

Comment

Man that's ghey.

I'm all for getting trollied and having a laugh, but 3 am is lockdown time for me no matter what! You're hardly older than me are? (32)

Comment

I'm all for getting trollied and having a laugh, but 3 am is lockdown time for me no matter what! You're hardly older than me are? (32)
                                                                  Maybe some hynotherapy sessions from Zuutroph or er Zuutroy or er Zuroph would sort that 3 am lockdown thing out for you.

Comment

Kev, tell me you re-posted about that horse on here!?

Comment

Maybe some hynotherapy sessions from Zuutroph or er Zuutroy or er Zuroph would sort that 3 am lockdown thing out for you.
                                                                      I've no will to sort it...sleeping ftw!

Comment

Man that's ghey.

You're married. You take what you can when you are married.

Comment

Originally posted by KaG View Post
                                                                          Kev, tell me you re-posted about that horse on here!?
                                                                          It wouldnt have won if I did

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                            It wouldnt have won if I did
                                                                            , I would have but with my post count here would have had no credibility! Ah well happy days

Comment

Good too see the Irish under 19 lads winning their first European Championship game. Some potential future prospects among them.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Conor, if you can't master Folshom Prison it's best you leave the axe at home, its standard blues chords. just hammer on the E string and ya cant go wrong.

blister in the sun by the violet fems is probably the easiest song to master in the universe
                                                                                and galway girl is beyond simple. nothing wrong with a singsong but record yourself 1st so you know how bad 3 chord strumming can sound. Wish you were here can be learned in 10 minures. btw the beatles like to use several chords in thier better songs
                                                                                like hey jude etc so if playing the beatles you might be stuck with wanna hold yer hand type rubbish. U2 are the master of 3 chord songs, ONE for example if a classic newbie song. fk it have fun but dont force it. learn to pluck or be damned.

my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by KaG View Post
                                                                                  , I would have but with my post count here would have had no credibility! Ah well happy days
                                                                                  These degens dont need credibility, they would back anything

Comment

Comment

I sometimes wish I had the willpower to enforce a lockdown time on myself (as does my wife), but I can't, I just never want the session to end.

I'm 35 btw

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                        Conor, if you can't master Folshom Prison it's best you leave the axe at home, its standard blues chords. just hammer on the E string and ya cant go wrong.

blister in the sun by the violet fems is probably the easiest song to master in the universe
                                                                                        and galway girl is beyond simple. nothing wrong with a singsong but record yourself 1st so you know how bad 3 chord strumming can sound. Wish you were here can be learned in 10 minures. btw the beatles like to use several chords in thier better songs
                                                                                        like hey jude etc so if playing the beatles you might be stuck with wanna hold yer hand type rubbish. U2 are the master of 3 chord songs, ONE for example if a classic newbie song. fk it have fun but dont force it. learn to pluck or be damned.

my 2 cents
                                                                                        I hear ya Willie. I can play the opening riff to Folsom no probs, but it just doesn't sound right after that, I lost interest quickly though tbh, rather than figuring it out.

I have learned to pluck, I've just this week mastered my first finger picking tune, here it is...

Singer Ryan Bingham performs "The Weary Kind", from the soundtrack for CRAZY HEART, starring Jeff Bridges, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Robert Duvall, in select t...

Blister in the Sun is a great choice btw, added to the list

Comment

Are you aware that business name registration takes a minimum of 3 weeks from receipt of your signed form?

edit: The Lives of Others is on tonight on RTE2. Good film.
                                                                                          Last edited by hotspur; 20-07-11, 20:18.

Comment

Tom Petty how could I forget, your so bad, running down a dream and freefalling 3 chorders and easy to sing. hand out ear plugs to the 5stars out there its their ressie too. btw dont forget to watch thr fight in Supermacs

A hungry feelin came oer me stealin

Comment

New Spider-Man trailer.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Great news about E O'D. In other great news, just found out that subscribers of Sky Sports will get ESPN for free from Friday.

Comment

I hear ya Willie. I can play the opening riff to Folsom no probs, but it just doesn't sound right after that, I lost interest quickly though tbh, rather than figuring it out.

I have learned to pluck, I've just this week mastered my first finger picking tune, here it is...

Singer Ryan Bingham performs "The Weary Kind", from the soundtrack for CRAZY HEART, starring Jeff Bridges, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Robert Duvall, in select t...

Blister in the Sun is a great choice btw, added to the list
                                                                                                  what opening riff ? just play it.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                    Great news about E O'D. In other great news, just found out that subscribers of Sky Sports will get ESPN for free from Friday.

so if you get ESPN free do you also get espn 2 and espn3? is it espn"1" taht will show the WSOP november 9?

Comment

btw dont forget to watch thr fight in Supermacs

A hungry feelin came oer me stealin
                                                                                                      I'll just make sure I'm packing mustard

Comment

what opening riff ? just play it.

From 0.03 to 0.07....

Comment

Pretty terrible CG going on there IMO.
                                                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Conor there is a workshop in Waltons this Saturday, it's an inrtoduction to DADGAD (drop D tuning) from 12-1 and at 2-3 is another teeny bit more advanced on DADGAD accompaniment. both for 35 quid or separately 20 quid, run by Sarah Mcdaid, might be worth it if you want to learn some alternative tunings. ala trad playing, or Joni Mitchell , Paul Brady. worth the money for a nose as this girl is good. might need to ring to check.

Might turn up myself , will be embibing in town anyway from 1 to 2 with herself and some friends.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post

link to this somewhere?
                                                                                                              what if you already subscribe to espn?

Comment

lol

This is a riff. the blues snobs dont give this guy enough credit. I guess we use Rory as te yardstick.

Jonny was only 16 years old and already hit the charts with his phenomenal skills on vocals and guitar. Amazing, amazing. Enjoy him singing "Good morning lit...

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                                  Pretty terrible CG going on there IMO.
                                                                                                                  It looked a little iffy but its not out for another year so hopefully they can get it sorted to something better.

I do find it a little strange thou, Hollywood kinda bugs me at times that with all the super heroes out there that they have to "reboot" a franchise that isn't even 10 years old

I really liked the first two Spider-Man movies and the 3rd wasn't very good.

The Incredible Hulk for example will have had 3 different actors within 10 years FFS

Comment

Tiger Woods and Steve Williams part company.

Comment

Conor there is a workshop in Waltons this Saturday, it's an inrtoduction to DADGAD (drop D tuning) from 12-1 and at 2-3 is another teeny bit more advanced on DADGAD accompaniment. both for 35 quid or separately 20 quid, run by Sarah Mcdaid, might be worth it if you want to learn some alternative tunings. ala trad playing, or Joni Mitchell , Paul Brady. worth the money for a nose as this girl is good. might need to ring to check.

Might turn up myself , will be embibing in town anyway from 1 to 2 with herself and some friends.
                                                                                                                      The stags I'm heading to is this weekend, 12 - 1pm Sat will really just be late Friday night. I'll still be banging away on the guitar, hopefully I can annoy some 5star types as they leave the breakfast area

Comment

What about hypnotherapie? the .ie name is free too by looks of things (until i snaffle it and domain-squat yo ass!)
                                                                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                          These degens dont need credibility, they would back anything

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X