Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, can't complain about the team of the year, bar maybe left back. Ashley Cole every single year for me.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
      Torres got 9 goals in 23 league appearances in 2010-11. The final straw from his point of view was probably the appointment of Roy Hodgson.

Benitez had little to spend and next to nothing once the new owners came in who didn't even understand that there wasn't a draft system in place?!
      No manager was more mistreated by any Liverpool owners than Rafa and yet he wasn't disliked.

You're talking to someone who has wanted Kenny gone for a long time and doesn't even like him.

Hodgson probably is a decent manager but I don't think he is ever going to manage a top club (not that Liverpool are/were a top club when he took over). He was a massive step down from Rafa Benitez who would be on the short list for many top appointments.
      Someone else would be able to post some analysis of some of the retarded face rubbing decisions Hodgson made during his short tenure.

I'd like to know if anyone who supports any team above Liverpool's current position (bar perhaps Everton) want him as the next manager of their team?
      Do you support United? Do you want him as your next manager? I'd be delighted to see him be the next manager of City/United/Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs
      Of course Benitez wasn't disliked. He shipped the Champions League ffs! He's golden for life with the majority of Liverpool fans.. Just like King Kenny is, which goes some distance to prove my point. Liverpool fans had it in for Hodgson from pretty early on in his tenure, yet they'll put up with awful league form under Kenny despite him spending a hell of a lot of money. Hodgson is pretty much universally liked and respected in English football, but the way Kenny has conducted himself this season is nothing short of a disgrace.

No, I'm not a United fan, I support Blackburn. I just think that he never really had a chance with Liverpool from the outset. He's done a good job with both Fulham and now with West Brom so he's obviously not a bad manager. Who's to know how he would've done if he'd been backed in the transfer market o the extent that Kenny has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
        Also, can't complain about the team of the year, bar maybe left back. Ashley Cole every single year for me.
        Well there's no justifying having 3 Spurs lads in there taking the season as a whole but as you said in previous post it's very heavily biased towards form at the time of when votes were cast and they were flying in the league at that time. Also a massive bias towards British players. Bale and Parker shouldn't be in there.

No real problem with Walkers inclusion in the team, he's been very solid and there hasn't been any exceptional players in his position.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          amazing

Comment

@Rigger, so you would take Rafa back in a heartbeat with Henry as owner + money?
            Snap. Yes please.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
              Of course Benitez wasn't disliked. He shipped the Champions League ffs! He's golden for life with the majority of Liverpool fans.. Just like King Kenny is, which goes some distance to prove my point. Liverpool fans had it in for Hodgson from pretty early on in his tenure, yet they'll put up with awful league form under Kenny despite him spending a hell of a lot of money. Hodgson is pretty much universally liked and respected in English football, but the way Kenny has conducted himself this season is nothing short of a disgrace.

No, I'm not a United fan, I support Blackburn. I just think that he never really had a chance with Liverpool from the outset. He's done a good job with both Fulham and now with West Brom so he's obviously not a bad manager. Who's to know how he would've done if he'd been backed in the transfer market o the extent that Kenny has been.
              Sold to buy, sold to buy, sold to buy. Hodgson sold to buy, Kenny sold to buy, he just sold bigger players and the money was spewed on other players. Hodgson did nothing to suggest he was going to be a success and the tone of his interviews was just off the wall.

Look, all I ever read is 'Liverpool fans' this and 'Liverpool fans' that, 'Liverpool fans love kenny', 'Kenny can do no wrong', 'Hodgson wouldn't have gotten away with it' - that's grating for me as I don't fall into these stereotypes that you and many others continually project. I think Hodgson and Kenny are a pair of daft cunts.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

You'd need more than a day at the beach to put this together!

Big pic:
                SPOILER

Comment

You don't seem to know why he was disliked as Liverpool manager it seems, typical of everyone who says he was treated terribly.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    Class. Guess you've seen this:

4AD and Jagjaguwar have collaborated on a live session that captures a truly unique Bon Iver performance, featuring Justin Vernon and Sean Carey. On recent t...

Comment

Tilted that Pat is obviously going to ship the voice because I was incredibly close to lamping onto him at 14/1 but let the opportunity slip.

Comment

Tilted that Pat is obviously going to ship the voice because I was incredibly close to lamping onto him at 14/1 but let the opportunity slip.
                        i really hate the way that each coach has somebody in the final,

at a certain stage it should be down to the talent and if you've left yourself with shit people they should get the boot,

the quality of bressies team was obvious from weeks ago but he has lost them all bar pat and you've got people that are less deserving get further like that guy alan
                        SPOILER
                        who says he is married with kids but i'm pretty sure him and brian are very close friends if you know what i mean
                        , or that girl who went tonight from sharons team,

richie hayes is prob the most likeable but will never win or should win
                        http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                          You'd need more than a day at the beach to put this together!

Big pic:
                          SPOILER
                          When I was in Santa Ponsa a few years ago there was a guy on the beach everyday building stuff like that. He seemed to make a shitload in tips from people.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                            Snap. Yes please.
                            I didn't ask you Dave.
                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                              i really hate the way that each coach has somebody in the final,

at a certain stage it should be down to the talent and if you've left yourself with shit people they should get the boot,
                              Definitely agree with that, a major flaw. One of my favourite betting heats in X-Factor is 'Which judge will have all their acts eliminated first' which doesn't happen in The Voice.
                              Is it the same in the UK version?

Comment

I do not like Bon Ivor

Comment

Sold to buy, sold to buy, sold to buy. Hodgson sold to buy, Kenny sold to buy, he just sold bigger players and the money was spewed on other players. Hodgson did nothing to suggest he was going to be a success and the tone of his interviews was just off the wall.

Look, all I ever read is 'Liverpool fans' this and 'Liverpool fans' that, 'Liverpool fans love kenny', 'Kenny can do no wrong', 'Hodgson wouldn't have gotten away with it' - that's grating for me as I don't fall into these stereotypes that you and many others continually project. I think Hodgson and Kenny are a pair of daft cunts.
                                  I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the majority of Liverpool fans. I didn't say The Rigger treated Roy disgracefully, but loved Kenny despite him being such a detestable person.
                                  Just looking now... Dalglish's net spend has been +£37, while Hodgson's was -£2m, with Kenny spending £117m gross. Not even close. http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2012/03...-is-doing.html

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  You don't seem to know why he was disliked as Liverpool manager it seems, typical of everyone who says he was treated terribly.
                                  Looking at it completely objectively, I think Dalglish has represented the club a whole lot worse than Hodgson ever did.

Comment

I didn't ask you Dave.
                                    We run a equal-opportunity BBV where anyone may butt into any topic.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                      I do not like Bon Iver
                                      night Ste

Here's an effortless classic. Not liking this may mean you are soul-less.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                      Last edited by Emmet; 22-04-12, 23:29.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        We run a equal-opportunity BBV where anyone may butt into any topic.
                                        Sorry dave, I won't discriminate against people of your creed again.
                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Definitely agree with that, a major flaw. One of my favourite betting heats in X-Factor is 'Which judge will have all their acts eliminated first' which doesn't happen in The Voice.
                                          yeah that was always great about the xfactor someone with no acts, i'm not too sure as they only have 5people each for the live shows instead of 6, the uk voice is much better but the biggest drawback is that embarrasment of a man danny, such a tool
                                          http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

I didn't ask you Dave.
                                            I'm an alt account of the Rigger.

Comment

I thought for ages AC_E was an alt acc of BK. No lie.
                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

but loved Kenny despite him being such a detestable person.
                                                I don't think Kenny is detestable as such - but he definitely comes from a time and place when you didn't have to do a 5 minute interview after every match, and a few press conferences during the week, and all that jazz. He clearly hates it all, and has decided that charmingly witty responses a la Gordon Strachan is the way to go but doesn't realise how much he is missing the mark by.

Hitchhiker should bring him to some toastmasters meetings over the summer to sort him out, and get him all smooth and sophisticated.

Comment

Is this reverse after timing?

Yea I agree and that is one of the reasons I didn't back Pat, his group was the strongest and Conor was in it.

I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the majority of Liverpool fans. I didn't say The Rigger treated Roy disgracefully, but loved Kenny despite him being such a detestable person.
                                                  Just looking now... Dalglish's net spend has been +£37, while Hodgson's was -£2m, with Kenny spending £117m gross. Not even close. http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2012/03...-is-doing.html

Looking at it completely objectively, I think Dalglish has represented the club a whole lot worse than Hodgson ever did.
                                                  Well you said 'Liverpool fans' and I am a Liverpool fan.

Comment

I can see why.

... think I have successfully managed to insult both of them in their respective eyes.

Comment

Well you said 'Liverpool fans' and I am a Liverpool fan.
                                                      I didn't say 'all Liverpool fans'. C'mon.. No need to be so pedantic. The fact of the matter is that an overwhelming majority of Liverpool fans really disliked Roy Hodgson and he never had a chance.
                                                      Like I said, I support Blackburn and I don't like the way Blackburn fans hounded Keith Andrews out of the club and think perhaps the abuse that Steve Kean has gotten has been slightly misguided. There's no doubt he's out of his depth, but the fans' ire really should've been directed at the owners. If someone was to point out that Blackburn fans acted disgracefully towards Andrews, I'd agree with them, rather than go on the defensive.

Comment

So scummy. Hate artest too. Hopefully he gets banned for at least the rest of the playoffs.
                                                        Exciting end to that game though!

Comment

that would have been a masterclass troll from my point of view

hes an original though - you couldnt write the shit he comes up with

Comment

FT'ing a 5k GP and it's getting pretty boring so decided to get stuck into some "Grafenwalder" that was in the fridge, it's a wheat beer and I presume it came straight from Aldi. FML :-(

Comment

If you go by the points obtained in the Premier League fantasy football then the team of the season would be:

Hart
                                                              Walker Kompany Vermaelen Evra
                                                              Walcott Silva Dempsey Bale
                                                              Van Persie Rooney

The position of Dempsey is questionable mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                If you go by the points obtained in the Premier League fantasy football then the team of the season would be:

Hart
                                                                Walker Kompany Vermaelen Evra
                                                                Walcott Silva Dempsey Bale
                                                                Van Persie Rooney

The position of Dempsey is questionable mind you.
                                                                Whenever I'm in a pub argument about who's good/who's playing well etc. FF is my second port of call, first of course, is how good they are in Fifa.

Comment

I didn't say 'all Liverpool fans'. C'mon.. No need to be so pedantic. The fact of the matter is that an overwhelming majority of Liverpool fans really disliked Roy Hodgson and he never had a chance.
                                                                  Like I said, I support Blackburn and I don't like the way Blackburn fans hounded Keith Andrews out of the club and think perhaps the abuse that Steve Kean has gotten has been slightly misguided. There's no doubt he's out of his depth, but the fans' ire really should've been directed at the owners. If someone was to point out that Blackburn fans acted disgracefully towards Andrews, I'd agree with them, rather than go on the defensive.
                                                                  You said 'the Liverpool fans treated him so disgracefully.'

Comment

Anyone else think United are a huge price at 1/2 to close this out? They'll probably only get a result of sorts at Eastlands and it'll be close to done.

City still to play Newcastle away regardless.

Comment

You said 'the Liverpool fans treated him so disgracefully.'
                                                                      I would have thought it'd be pretty clear that I'm not referring to every single Liverpool fan in the world. Even though Scousers wouldn't be known as the brightest bunch, it's pretty much a given that the odd few are capable of independent thought.

Anyway, this has obviously turned into a completely pointless discussion so I'll leave it there.

EDIT: And I'm obviously talking more about fans who go to matches, not fans in Ireland who have no impact on the match day atmosphere etc.
                                                                      Last edited by KK82; 23-04-12, 00:35.

Comment

I would have thought it'd be pretty clear that I'm not referring to every single Liverpool fan in the world.
                                                                        You should give serious consideration to matching your words to your sentiments in that case.

Even though Scousers wouldn't be known as the brightest bunch, it's pretty much a given that the odd few are capable of independent thought.
                                                                        Showing your true colours here, well played.
                                                                        My initial assessment of your viewpoint proves to be correct, spiteful drivel.
                                                                        It certainly was pointless, I just shouldn't have bothered with you.

Comment

Anyone else think United are a huge price at 1/2 to close this out? They'll probably only get a result of sorts at Eastlands and it'll be close to done.

City still to play Newcastle away regardless.
                                                                          City are favourites to beat United at around 5/4, and then favourites to beat Newcastle at around 3/4. Not sure about 1/2 being described as huge.

I have a little fancy that City will do it. The derby is going to be absolutely magnificent. Wouldn't surprise me to see Tevez tear into United like a tornado.

Comment

tbh all us Liverpool fans know we are crap and clinging onto the past.

We are finished as a top club.

Comment

tbh all us Liverpool fans know we are crap and clinging onto the past.

We are finished as a top club.
                                                                              Good point dave, well made.

Comment

Good point dave, well made.
                                                                                Why thank you Dave.

Comment

Hungry now, not sure what to eat...

Comment

I'd love to eat MSN

AMIRITE

Comment

Talking to yourself on internet? might be bedtime for dave
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

I'd love to eat MSN

AMIRITE
                                                                                        haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayoooooooooooooooooooooo.
                                                                                        Damn I'm lowbrow.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                          Talking to yourself on internet? might be bedtime for dave
                                                                                          I do not like you.

Back on your bike honda.

Comment

My account seems to have been hacked!

Comment

Just kidding

Comment

You should give serious consideration to matching your words to your sentiments in that case.

Showing your true colours here, well played.
                                                                                                My initial assessment of your viewpoint proves to be correct, spiteful drivel.
                                                                                                It certainly was pointless, I just shouldn't have bothered with you.
                                                                                                LOL.. Last reply.. I said "the Liverpool fans"... not "all Liverpool fans". I stand by what I said. You're intentionally trying to misinterpret what I said. I have matched my words precisely with what I intended to say. Not my fault you're itching for a dumb argument.

And the second part... Just LOL. It was a joke based on a stereotype. Don't be so sensitive. I couldn't care less about Liverpool, what reason would I have to be spiteful? Anyone I've met from there has been nice and friendly. Are you actually even from Liverpool? If so, apologies if you took my lighthearted comment the wrong way. I didn't mean to offend you and your fellow Liverpudlians. If not, get a life and stop being a dick.

You shouldn't have bothered with me? I just made a comment on a football result. I understand it's been a tough old season, but don't take it out on me. Could be worse. You could be a Blackburn fan.

Comment

eamonhonda is an anagram of Manhood Nae, were you aware?

Comment

That is brand new information.
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

LOL.. Last reply.. I said "the Liverpool fans"... not "all Liverpool fans". I stand by what I said. You're intentionally trying to misinterpret what I said. I have matched my words precisely with what I intended to say. Not my fault you're itching for a dumb argument.

And the second part... Just LOL. It was a joke based on a stereotype. Don't be so sensitive. I couldn't care less about Liverpool, what reason would I have to be spiteful? Anyone I've met from there has been nice and friendly. Are you actually even from Liverpool? If so, apologies if you took my lighthearted comment the wrong way. I didn't mean to offend you and your fellow Liverpudlians. If not, get a life and stop being a dick.

You shouldn't have bothered with me? I just made a comment on a football result. I understand it's been a tough old season, but don't take it out on me. Could be worse. You could be a Blackburn fan.
                                                                                                      The wolfpack is going to kill you.

Comment

Comment

davepoke/her = overheaped, k.

Comment

hodgsons buys
                                                                                                            Joe Cole: at least 5 years too late if he was worth having chelsea would have kept him
                                                                                                            Raul Meireles: really liked him sad to see him leave esp to chelsea
                                                                                                            Christian Poulsen: Mascheranos replacement lolbad complete waste of 4.5m
                                                                                                            Paul Konchesky: was decent enough at fulham but 3m was too big for a player his age
                                                                                                            Brad Jones: decent keeper i just think we have sold better one of his better signings tbf
                                                                                                            Danny Wilson: this is what we should have been buying youth but decent also and good first team exp.

Dalglish's buys
                                                                                                            Andy Carroll: if we hadnt got 50m burning a hole possibly could have been signed for around 15m which would be ok imo he will come good but we need wingers to get some decent crosses in for the big man also hes not bad with the ball at his feet and has a rasper of a left boot.
                                                                                                            Luis Suarez: controversial he may be but also he is a geneius prob one of our best buys alot may dislikle him but tbf alot of the really great players came with baggage.
                                                                                                            Stewart Downing: total waste of money imo paid abt 12m too much and again too old
                                                                                                            Jordan Henderson: the 1 season wonder dont get me wrong hes a decent player but sometimes looks like a rabbit in the headlights should still be at sunderland.
                                                                                                            Charlie Adam: again a 1 season wonder sir alex said his corners were worth 10m on there on i wonder would he give 10m for them now not the type of player we needed.
                                                                                                            Sebastien Coates: looks to be dodgy enough but he gets in the box and gets the odd goal jurys out.
                                                                                                            Jose Enrique: 1 of a few good buys 6m was a steal imo serious pace and not afraid to get forward.
                                                                                                            Craig Bellamy:running out of steam at the end but was great to see him back tbh i wouldnt have let him go in the first place.

Rafas buys
                                                                                                            Glen Johnson : solid love the forward thinking cant help but think he might be better on the wing decent buy all the same
                                                                                                            Fernando Torres : class dip in form with chelsea but showing his class now
                                                                                                            Robbie Keane :he didnt want him but still wasnt givin a fair crack
                                                                                                            Ryan Babel : reminds me of the good the bad and the ugly too much ugly though
                                                                                                            Xabi Alonso :absolute class biggest mistake rafa made downhill since
                                                                                                            Dirk Kuyt : trojan great buy and a great servant to the club
                                                                                                            Albert Riera: same as babel
                                                                                                            Andrea Dossena : class goal at old trafford but not great tbf
                                                                                                            Peter Crouch: sad to see him go imo was a good signing for 7m
                                                                                                            Lucas Leiva : nobody wanted or liked him now hes the kops fav son take a bow son
                                                                                                            Jermaine Pennant: decent enough but too troublesome
                                                                                                            Martin Skrtel : shakey at the start but has been a rock lately
                                                                                                            Craig Bellamy :should never have sold him class act
                                                                                                            Luis Garcia :his goals in the champions league were worth the transfer fee alone still sing the song sometimes
                                                                                                            Jose Reina: 1 of the best keepers in the pl bargain
                                                                                                            Dan Agger : looking good now maybe a bit dodgy with them forward runs
                                                                                                            Mohammed Sissoko :waqs bought at completly the wrong time looked ok though
                                                                                                            Fernando Morientes :lol what were u at rafa shambles of a signing
                                                                                                            Yossi Benayoun : should still be here decent for 5mil
                                                                                                            Alvaro Arbeloa : hit and miss but still liked him thought he was worth more than 4m
                                                                                                            Mark Gonzalez : ***************************************
                                                                                                            David Ngog : good backup but that was all
                                                                                                            Scott Carson: too many mistakes
                                                                                                            Andriy Voronin: wouldnt have him in my 5aside team
                                                                                                            Dani Pacheco : looked good with the reserves sold without really been givin a chance
                                                                                                            Robbie Fowler : kudos for this 1 would have never been sold if thompson wasnt there
                                                                                                            Javier Mascherano : cracking buy think he would still be here if xabi was
                                                                                                            Fabio Aurelio: meh not so bad lucky he was free though
                                                                                                            Jan Kromkamp : lol
                                                                                                            Boudewijn Zenden : bolo was decent but unfortunatly was nearly past it when he signed
                                                                                                            Mauricio Pellegrino:good but was a swansong really
                                                                                                            Emiliano Insua : thought he was gonna be great but flattered
                                                                                                            Antonio Nunez: part of the owen deal now u know why madrid didnt want him

Who has to go
                                                                                                            Fabio Aurelio
                                                                                                            Maxi Rodriguez
                                                                                                            Jordan Henderson
                                                                                                            Dirk Kuyt
                                                                                                            Stewart Downing
                                                                                                            Jamie Carragher
                                                                                                            Charlie Adam
                                                                                                            Jonjo Shelvey

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                              hodgsons buys
                                                                                                              Joe Cole: at least 5 years too late if he was worth having chelsea would have kept him
                                                                                                              Raul Meireles: really liked him sad to see him leave esp to chelsea
                                                                                                              Christian Poulsen: Mascheranos replacement lolbad complete waste of 4.5m
                                                                                                              Paul Konchesky: was decent enough at fulham but 3m was too big for a player his age
                                                                                                              Brad Jones: decent keeper i just think we have sold better one of his better signings tbf
                                                                                                              Danny Wilson: this is what we should have been buying youth but decent also and good first team exp.

Dalglish's buys
                                                                                                              Andy Carroll: if we hadnt got 50m burning a hole possibly could have been signed for around 15m which would be ok imo he will come good but we need wingers to get some decent crosses in for the big man also hes not bad with the ball at his feet and has a rasper of a left boot.
                                                                                                              Luis Suarez: controversial he may be but also he is a geneius prob one of our best buys alot may dislikle him but tbf alot of the really great players came with baggage.
                                                                                                              Stewart Downing: total waste of money imo paid abt 12m too much and again too old
                                                                                                              Jordan Henderson: the 1 season wonder dont get me wrong hes a decent player but sometimes looks like a rabbit in the headlights should still be at sunderland.
                                                                                                              Charlie Adam: again a 1 season wonder sir alex said his corners were worth 10m on there on i wonder would he give 10m for them now not the type of player we needed.
                                                                                                              Sebastien Coates: looks to be dodgy enough but he gets in the box and gets the odd goal jurys out.
                                                                                                              Jose Enrique: 1 of a few good buys 6m was a steal imo serious pace and not afraid to get forward.
                                                                                                              Craig Bellamy:running out of steam at the end but was great to see him back tbh i wouldnt have let him go in the first place.

Rafas buys
                                                                                                              Glen Johnson : solid love the forward thinking cant help but think he might be better on the wing decent buy all the same
                                                                                                              Fernando Torres : class dip in form with chelsea but showing his class now
                                                                                                              Robbie Keane :he didnt want him but still wasnt givin a fair crack
                                                                                                              Ryan Babel : reminds me of the good the bad and the ugly too much ugly though
                                                                                                              Xabi Alonso :absolute class biggest mistake rafa made downhill since
                                                                                                              Dirk Kuyt : trojan great buy and a great servant to the club
                                                                                                              Albert Riera: same as babel
                                                                                                              Andrea Dossena : class goal at old trafford but not great tbf
                                                                                                              Peter Crouch: sad to see him go imo was a good signing for 7m
                                                                                                              Lucas Leiva : nobody wanted or liked him now hes the kops fav son take a bow son
                                                                                                              Jermaine Pennant: decent enough but too troublesome
                                                                                                              Martin Skrtel : shakey at the start but has been a rock lately
                                                                                                              Craig Bellamy :should never have sold him class act
                                                                                                              Luis Garcia :his goals in the champions league were worth the transfer fee alone still sing the song sometimes
                                                                                                              Jose Reina: 1 of the best keepers in the pl bargain
                                                                                                              Dan Agger : looking good now maybe a bit dodgy with them forward runs
                                                                                                              Mohammed Sissoko :waqs bought at completly the wrong time looked ok though
                                                                                                              Fernando Morientes :lol what were u at rafa shambles of a signing
                                                                                                              Yossi Benayoun : should still be here decent for 5mil
                                                                                                              Alvaro Arbeloa : hit and miss but still liked him thought he was worth more than 4m
                                                                                                              Mark Gonzalez : ***************************************
                                                                                                              David Ngog : good backup but that was all
                                                                                                              Scott Carson: too many mistakes
                                                                                                              Andriy Voronin: wouldnt have him in my 5aside team
                                                                                                              Dani Pacheco : looked good with the reserves sold without really been givin a chance
                                                                                                              Robbie Fowler : kudos for this 1 would have never been sold if thompson wasnt there
                                                                                                              Javier Mascherano : cracking buy think he would still be here if xabi was
                                                                                                              Fabio Aurelio: meh not so bad lucky he was free though
                                                                                                              Jan Kromkamp : lol
                                                                                                              Boudewijn Zenden : bolo was decent but unfortunatly was nearly past it when he signed
                                                                                                              Mauricio Pellegrino:good but was a swansong really
                                                                                                              Emiliano Insua : thought he was gonna be great but flattered
                                                                                                              Antonio Nunez: part of the owen deal now u know why madrid didnt want him

Who has to go
                                                                                                              Fabio Aurelio
                                                                                                              Maxi Rodriguez
                                                                                                              Jordan Henderson
                                                                                                              Dirk Kuyt
                                                                                                              Stewart Downing
                                                                                                              Jamie Carragher
                                                                                                              Charlie Adam
                                                                                                              Jonjo Shelvey
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                              davepoke/her = overheaped, k.

RE: Suarez, apparently the signing was in the works before Kenny.

Rafa didn't want to sell Alonso/Mascherano, he had to. He had a very limited budget so had to keep rearranging the deckchairs.

There were apparently some classy players that he was ready to sign and they were ready to sign for us but either the money wasn't there or the club fucked it up.

Comment

Rafa didn't want to sell Alonso/Mascherano, he had to. He had a very limited budget so had to keep rearranging the deckchairs.

There were apparently some classy players that he was ready to sign and they were ready to sign for us but either the money wasn't there or the club fucked it up.
                                                                                                                He had to ? He had to because he wanted to replace him with Barry?

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                                                                  He had to ? He had to because he wanted to replace him with Barry?
                                                                                                                  Sold Xabi for £30.5m, was obviously going to pay less for Barry, wasn't willing to pay what they wanted. So yes, he had to in order to buy other players.

Perhaps he was willing to spend £15m (maybe even less) on Barry, that leaves £15.5m left over for other players and Rafa thinks he can get Barry to do a job.

He did fall out with Xabi also and that was a mistake imo.

Comment

Sold Xabi for £30.5m, was obviously going to pay less for Barry, wasn't willing to pay what they wanted. So yes, he had to in order to buy other players.

Perhaps he was willing to spend £15m (maybe even less) on Barry, that leaves £15.5m left over for other players and Rafa thinks he can get Barry to do a job.

He did fall out with Xabi also and that was a mistake imo.
                                                                                                                    Ye thats how I remembered it, told him that they will probably have to sell him, then didnt sell him for another year.

Comment

Wasn't dissing rafa I'm a big fan.
                                                                                                                      What you think abt my to go list and Johnson converting to a winger.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                                        Wasn't dissing rafa I'm a big fan.
                                                                                                                        What you think abt my to go list and Johnson converting to a winger.
                                                                                                                        I wouldn't have a clue tbh but the people I listen to on the Liverpool boards thread seem to think it wouldn't work.

Pretty tired of Liverpool having/buying players and trying to hornswaggle them into other positions.

Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2y7on8WKjY
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 23-04-12, 02:05.

Comment

Speaking of Liverpool, I could never get this Steve Highway card to finish my sticker album when i was little

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X