X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
    http://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/...aa-jersey.html

Someone was looking for this I think.
    Much pricier than expected, tough decision.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
      @Keane

You must have been v happy with Barry John's performance yesterday. He has started the season very well. Kicked some super points and played very well overall. I thought we might be in trouble at HT but they kicked on well in the second half.
      Yeah really happy considering the circumstances.

I think he was a bit hard done by in the first place to have been dropped. James seemingly had gotten ahead of him in the pecking order before yesterday. I'm obv biased, but I think BJ has offered more from general play and link up wise compared to James, but he's still got his work cut out because somehow James just looks a bit more like what people are used to a Kerry corner forward looking like. I think Curtin was just in there to be looked at and is behind both of them at the moment but I think he's really talented and could have something to offer as well.

IMO, Barry will be really unlucky not to nail down a place for the championship. His kicking yesterday and against Dublin is an aspect of his game that's really come on, he's now kicking scores from somewhat difficult positions and that's vital to go along with the workhorse stuff he was already good at/known for. His distribution and decision making have been very good as well, I can really see him doing a job for us floating around between the half and full forward lines and linking play up.

Very exciting times all in all, fingers crossed he stays fit and healthy and we'll see him back in Croke Park in September again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
        Shed a tear in the library while laughing and reading this. Couple of disappointed looks...Robbed for Facebook tho.
        Tevez on the list twice.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
          Just doing a survey up for a minor dissertation on bookmakers and advertising. Will be putting it up here in a while. Would it be bad to ask in it how much would you lay in bets per week? Naturally the results would be confidential - Maybe broad ranges?
          Ranges are good. One thing about gambling research and surveying amounts is that different people interpret questions differently.

For example if you ask how much a person "bets" in a week some will give their total stake amount, some will give their net loss, some will give you a figure that they put aside for betting of a week (e.g. €50) which may have no connection to total stake amount if they go on a winning streak (i.e. they actually staked €300 even though their original week roll was €50) etc.

Just something to keep in mind, defining in the survey exactly what you mean when you ask about betting amounts will help avoid these differing interpretations.

Comment

Anyone able to tell me what the best price available on McIlroy before the golf kicked off at the weekend?

I've a bet on it with a friend.

Comment

Simpsons intro in last nights epsiode was Game of Thrones themed.

Comment

Walking Dead why must you infuriate me so much

Only two episodes left.
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                  The Butchers Grill is a distinctly ordinary shithole. More marketing than substance of product. Overhyped shit. Anyone thinking that this place is the GOAT needs to broaden their horizons imo.
                  I ate here last night and thoroughly enjoyed it
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                    Anyone able to tell me what the best price available on McIlroy before the golf kicked off at the weekend?

I've a bet on it with a friend.
                    Hard to know the best price for definite, but fairly sure 8/1 was generally available.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      Hard to know the best price for definite, but fairly sure 8/1 was generally available.

http://www.thevipgambler.com/golf/23...tips-odds.html
                      Thanks, yeah I figured it would have been around that. He was saying 14s or 16s, LOL, easy money for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        Huh?
                        not actually you Danny, some dude with a beard, replay will be up in lobby soon

Thanks, yeah I figured it would have been around that. He was saying 14s or 16s, LOL, easy money for me.
                        was chatting to a big sports bettor @ western open who was on him at 9/1 b4 kick off

Comment

Only two episodes left.
                          Haven't watched it yet but know it will be shite

Comment

As Armani said, was 8/1 generally, might of been a firm 17/2 at start of week but definitely wasn't 10/1 or bigger at any stage

Comment

Walking Dead (No spoilers for episode just aired)

SPOILER

Will they ever get off that fucking farm. Herschel and his band of miserable cunts are possibly the most uninteresting story line you could come up with with regards to living in a Zombie invested world.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                nope it said bill in my name so i had recently scanned a mastercard bill i needed for something else and i banged that out to them. I wouldnt mind but i sent mi driving licence as proof of id and it has my address on it. My whole roll is locked on there and ive a few days off with nothing to do, so frustrating.
                                Just as a matter of interest,why are they only asking you for documents now?Your roll is with them,so i presume you have been using MB for some time.Did you request a limit increase or something?

I'm asking this,as after moving house last year,i never changed my address on any sites.My passport has since expired and my driving licence is due for renewal too and both will have the new address.Utilities are all in herself's name.I'm just wondering will they be looking for new documents from me too....hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbilko77 View Post
                                  Just as a matter of interest,why are they only asking you for documents now?Your roll is with them,so i presume you have been using MB for some time.Did you request a limit increase or something?

I'm asking this,as after moving house last year,i never changed my address on any sites.My passport has since expired and my driving licence is due for renewal too and both will have the new address.Utilities are all in herself's name.I'm just wondering will they be looking for new documents from me too....hmmmm
                                  Withdrawing a little more frequently is the only reason I can think of to be honest. Pain in my hole though because i withdrew all my funds back onto moneybookers from any sites before this happened. So no poker for a couple of weeks unless i can convince them to take something else as proof of adddress
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Withdrawing a little more frequently is the only reason I can think of to be honest. Pain in my hole though because i withdrew all my funds back onto moneybookers from any sites before this happened. So no poker for a couple of weeks unless i can convince them to take something else as proof of adddress
                                    You can get your statement online.I use AIB and can print one off.I presume most banks have this facility.

Comment

My biggest problem with the walking dead of not enough zombies being hit in the face with random sharp objects seems to be getting fixed now.

All anyone wants to see is zombies getting killed in ever increasingly bloody ways and some hottie with big cans running away from zombies.

Most off the characters are now so wooden and crap it is tough to see them being able to develop at ll so might as well just kill them off and run into a one handed Merl.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbilko77 View Post
                                        You can get your statement online.I use AIB and can print one off.I presume most banks have this facility.
                                        i use that too but they want a paper based one posted out, loada bull youd swear it was their money its just mine using their service
                                        airport, lol

Comment

BBV help?

Might be playing some 5 a side soon, I'm told it's a 'matted surface similar to astro turf', what would be the best footwear for this, normal runners or something else

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                          What's with the lookey-uppey face?
                                          It denoted my skepticism. I'll be sure to drop your name, I expect the red carpet to be rolled out.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                            BBV help?

Might be playing some 5 a side soon, I'm told it's a 'matted surface similar to astro turf', what would be the best footwear for this, normal runners or something else

It denoted my skepticism. I'll be sure to drop your name, I expect the red carpet to be rolled out.
                                            I know the VP,she's from Waterford.
                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

lappie very laggie today, have done full scan and system clean up but email and twitter etc taking ages to fully load ...any help/tips appreciated

still have pleanty memory available and ran system scan with advanced system care

Comment

i use that too but they want a paper based one posted out, loada bull youd swear it was their money its just mine using their service
                                                Muthafackers holdin' onto your loot...You know xmass week the majority of shops i tried using the MB card,it was declined at the till,yet i could walk across the street and withdraw at the ATM + 1.80 fee!

Comment

rigger - you can buy astro runners (in the style of boots) for 40e or so
                                                  mouldy boots also suffice

normal confortable runners will do fine also!
                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Lads can we start this travel thread that someone mentioned. In the same form as the restaurant review thread. Did someone decide it was best not to bother ?
                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                      I know the VP,she's from Waterford.
                                                      Make some phone calls please. Thank you.

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                      rigger - you can buy astro runners (in the style of boots) for 40e or so
                                                      mouldy boots also suffice

normal confortable runners will do fine also!
                                                      Thank you.

Comment

Ship the flight tickets to Berlin today and my new "home" (apartment) for the next year finally confirmed.

Flying out on the 22nd of May.

Ich bin ein berliner

Nervous but excited.

Comment

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Only two episodes left.
                                                            Another non event of an episode. The funniest thing is that Season 3 has already been ordered on an extended run of 16 episodes!! Madness

Comment

wp

Comment

In honour of the 8,000 day anniversary since Liverpool won the league -

Scouse kid says to his dad "Whats it like to watch our beloved 'Pool lift the league trophy?". Dad replies "Dunno son I'm only 21".

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                  Another non event of an episode. The funniest thing is that Season 3 has already been ordered on an extended run of 16 episodes!! Madness
                                                                  Cash cow, the ratings are consistently huge. Broken all time records with regards viewing figures for a cable drama.

Opr

Comment

Just looking at the current odds for the World Cup in 2014, Uruguay can be gotten at 28/1, seems decent value for a team currently ranked 4th in the world playing not far miles from home.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                      lappie very laggie today, have done full scan and system clean up but email and twitter etc taking ages to fully load ...any help/tips appreciated

still have pleanty memory available and ran system scan with advanced system care
                                                                      ccleaner.exe
                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                        ccleaner.exe
                                                                        Where should you go to find out what your system memory is like ?
                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Massive fire after breaking out in a restaurant on Baggot St.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                            Where should you go to find out what your system memory is like ?
                                                                            You'll find it in control panel and ccleaner will tell you that too. Everyone should have ccleaner and run it now and then
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                              Just looking at the current odds for the World Cup in 2014, Uruguay can be gotten at 28/1, seems decent value for a team currently ranked 4th in the world playing not far miles from home.

They'll win it.

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                                                                                Couple of decent results for our compratiots last night:

The Big $11

The Big $55

The Splash (Although I bet he regrets the deal!!)

not working...
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Haven't watched it yet but know it will be shite
                                                                                  It has too much filler, goes nothing nothing nothing then BOOM action galore! Last two episodes have been decent but this one was very meh.

Read a spoiler for the rest of the season was fucking sucks, thought it was about the episode that just aired

I see they have cast somebody for some big new character I assume will be coming in next season, read it HERE

SPOILER
                                                                                  Dale was wrecking my head in that episode, delighted
                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

On the subject of Walking dead, it took me about 15 episodes to realize its piss. First few episodes were good, but it is getting progressively worse the last while. I think almost every character in it annoys me in some way or another, send in the "walkers" and end this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                                      Ship the flight tickets to Berlin today and my new "home" (apartment) for the next year finally confirmed.

Flying out on the 22nd of May.

Ich bin ein berliner

Nervous but excited.
                                                                                      Thats pretty sweet man enjoy it! is that your GF's place? hows the pregnancy going?

Comment

The departure of Frank Darabont has seen The Walking Dead go in a whole new direction. This new intro for season 2.5 seems to shine a light on the character ...

Comment

Massive fire after breaking out in a restaurant on Baggot St.

Do you mean the one in Bang on Merrion Row? Was there about 4pm and there wasn't even a sign of any smoke. Hardly massive http://www.thejournal.ie/fire-report...ide-slideshow1
                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Could anyone direct me to a site where I might find the dates of all recent managerial changes due to sacking in football? Just doing a little research into a theory I have about peoples' overestimation of the importance of the manager.

Edit: NVM...GIMF.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                              Do you mean the one in Bang on Merrion Row? Was there about 4pm and there wasn't even a sign of any smoke. Hardly massive http://www.thejournal.ie/fire-report...ide-slideshow1
                                                                                              well from the pic and the report it hardly looks small either?
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Watching the old Eircom football show. Why doesnt Richard Sadlier get shown more love on the Premiership and the likes. Kenny "monologue for AT LEAST five minutes" Cunningham destroys my brain. He is so boring and find him close to impossible to watch. Goonish.

Comment

Can anyone send me 40 dollars on Stars for my 30 euro Paypal?

Comment

that a bit much u think no?

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                                                      that a bit much u think no?
                                                                                                      30 cent off aint much lol

Comment

"Those Who Play in The Backs"

here is a rugby history which might explain Lloyds view of the sport!!

It is largely unknown to players and followers of the modern game rugby, that in the very early days it started off purely as a contest for forwards in opposition in line-outs, scrums, rucks and mauls.

This pitted eight men of statuesque physique, of supreme fitness and superior intelligence in packs against one another.

In those days, the winner was the pack that had gained most set pieces. The debasement of the game began when backs were introduced. This occurred because a major problem was where to locate the next scrum or line-out. Selecting positions on the ground for these had become a constant source of friction and even violence.

The problem was resolved through a stratagem of employing forward rejects, men of small stature and limited intelligence, to select positions on the field from where, when in receipt of the ball they could be guaranteed to drop it in a random pattern but usually, as far from the last set piece as possible. Initially these additional players were entirely unorganized but with the passing of time they adopted positions.

For instance, the half-back (also known as the scrum-half). He was usually the smallest and least intelligent of the backs whose role was simply to accept the ball and pass it on. He could easily (given his general size) have been called a quarter forward or a ball monkey but then tolerance and compassion are the keys to forward play and the present inoffensive description was decided upon.

The fly-half plays next to the half-back and his role is essentially the same except that, when pressured he usually panics and kicks the ball. Normally, he is somewhat taller and slightly better built than the scrum-half and hence his name. One-eighth less and he would have been a half-back, three-eighths more and he might well have qualified to become a forward.

The centres were opportunists who had no specific role to play but who were attracted to the game by the glamour associated with forward packs. After repeated supplication to the forwards for a role in the game they would be told to get out in the middle and wait for the ball. Thus, when asked where they played, they would reply "in the centre". And they remain to this day, opportunists and scroungers, men so accustomed to making excuses for bad hands and errant play that most become lawyers or real estate agents.

You may ask, why wingers? The answer is simple. Originally these were players who had very little ability and were the lowest in the backline pecking order. They were placed far from the ball and given the generally poor handling by the inside backs, were rarely given the opportunity to even touch the ball. This is basically why, through a process of natural selection, they became very fast runners and developed the ability to evade tackles.

But to get back to the name. The fact that they got so little ball led to the incessant flow of complaints from them and the eventual apt description "whingers". Naturally, in the modern game, the name has been adapted to become more acceptable.

Lastly, the full-back. This was the position given to the worst handler, the person least able to accept or pass the ball, someone who was always in the way.. the name arose because, infuriated by the poor play invariably demonstrated by that person, the call would come "send that fool back" and he would be relegated to the rear of the field.

So there you have it.

The fact is that if a side does not have eight men of statuesque physique, of supreme fitness and superior intelligence then they might as well play soccer.

Comment

30 cent off aint much lol

lol for you

Comment

You able to send more? As in 200eur for whatever the rate is?
                                                                                                            Last edited by Tremolo1; 05-03-12, 19:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                                                              lol for you
                                                                                                              ??

Someones having a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                Wouldnt be rushing to have Pokerstars appearing on your Bank Statement.
                                                                                                                U-Kash is king

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                  U-Kash is king
                                                                                                                  when using ukash what do you use to withdraw?
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

13/5 on Spain for Euros represent value do ye think? Seems a bit big to me but I guess there's a lot of factors.

Comment

Manc by 50
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

when using ukash what do you use to withdraw?
                                                                                                                        Whats a "withdraw"?

Comment

Christ that Burke chap on UC is a twat!
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X