This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    I will probably have some consultancy work to perform occasionally in the evenings but nothing dependable

I do want to earn lots of bananas (have done so in the past and would like to continue doing so) hence my concern about the long-term career impact. You are a hippie
    You can't put a monetary value on walking into an office in the morning (at 11am) and seeing 2 men passing a rugby ball back and forth, while another plays Freecell and another still is watching this week's Family Guy.
    I had one of those moments today where I knew I could never go back to a real job when the rugby ball knocked over the end of a cup of coffee and splashed it across my laptop, and instead of questioning the playing of rugby in a workplace I just said 'Guess I shoulda drank all of my coffee'.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      You can't put a monetary value on walking into an office in the morning (at 11am) and seeing 2 men passing a rugby ball back and forth, while another plays Freecell and another still is watching this week's Family Guy.
      I had one of those moments today where I knew I could never go back to a real job when the rugby ball knocked over the end of a cup of coffee and splashed it across my laptop, and instead of questioning the playing of rugby in a workplace I just said 'Guess I shoulda drank all of my coffee'.
      {x} confirmed hippie

get your hair cut, eh, soldier!
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Booked my trip to Berlin for my 30th absolutely delighted
        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

• Peppa Pig
          • The Octonauts
          • Jake and the Neverland Pirates
          • The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
          • Grandpa in my Pocket (WTF?)
          • The Wonder Pets

that's the kind of afternoon TV that's big in my gaff
          Get them into rastamouse

Comment

Anyone driving to Galway from Dub tomorrow morning for UKIPT??

Comment

• Peppa Pig
              • The Octonauts
              • Jake and the Neverland Pirates
              • The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
              • Grandpa in my Pocket (WTF?)
              • The Wonder Pets

that's the kind of afternoon TV that's big in my gaff
              Needs more Cbeebies, especially for RastaMouse and The EZ Crew

EDIT: Beaten to it, Damn

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                Booked my trip to Berlin for my 30th absolutely delighted
                What date you heading out there?

We are setting sail for there on the 20th of May.

Guess your going before hand?

Comment

Any Seria A fans tell me why I shouldnt back Lazio and 7/5 at home to Ath Madrid tommorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by D3kka View Post
                    Dont like saying it..but is Arsene`s time over? He kept saying he was building a team for the future, but from tonight squad Gibbs,Song,Rosicky,Walcott,Arteta,Djourou,Arshavin arent good enough.

If a new manager was to come in youd think Usmanov and Kroenke would forkup a decent budget between them. But if you have a salary cap and very possible no champions league then you arent gonna get big names. Really dont know where we can go from here
                    Newbie2 has been saying for a while now and i never thought the time was right but it's definetly getting closer. Wenger has set up a fantastic youth development and scouting program and he still has an uncanny knack of bringing in a diamond, but it's been fading of late. If you look at who we've signed since we we've been trophyless, it makes grim reading

2006/07 - Rosicky, Gallas, Denilson
                    2007/08 - Sagna, Fabianski, Eduardo, Diarra
                    2008/09 - Vela, Ramsey, Nasri, Bischoff, Silvestre
                    2009/10 - Vermaelen
                    2010/11 - Koscielnny, Chamakh, Squillachi
                    2011/12 - Chamberlain, Jenkinson, Gervinho, Park, Mertesacker, Arteta, Santos

Where's our diamonds in that lot? So many let downs, so many big money signings that have underperformed and so many duds. Chamberlain has potential, but so had Walcott and he still only has potential years later which he never fulfilled. Vermaelen is good but is lacking a lot of confidence. He badly needs to play alongside a defender of his calibre. Nasri was fantastic but we didn't do enough to keep him. Sagna is good in his position, but not a world beater, but he is a good signing. Ramsey stands out a mile and is one of our best players by a mile.

6 years and barely a player to get excited over. Rosicky was a world beater before he signed for Arsenal, and probably the biggest let down of the bunch. We spent £60m last year and none of the players are among the first names on the team sheet. It's baffling that we didn't buy a ready made player when we needed one, and instead forked out on fringe players. Some of Wengers team selections and tactics have been baffling and so tilting. I do think he has lost the plot somewhat.

We should be one of the best teams in Europe, but the reality is that when players like Hazard and Vertonghen talk about coming to North London, it's Spurs they want to sign for now, and not Arsenal. We're a club in decline and something needs to be done about it asap

Comment

Some dubious choices in there Raoul-Kung Fu Panda being the most glaring omission.

Im suprised a man of your intellect hasnt figured out how to maniulate your kinds into watching what you want under the guise of it being their choice. My daughter has decided to start getting up at 5 am these days so give her the relatively balanced choice of watching the Inbetweeners, Breaking Bad or Peppa Pig. With two of the afforemntioned choices she gets a bonus apple juice and rice crispy bar. Im sure you can figure out which two.

With regard to your "dilema" scoffs grudgingly, its an absolute no brainer imo. Thats not to say I found the few months where I was minding herself full time entirely stress free but theres a million times more laughs and genuine joy than anything else. You really do "bond" so to speak.

PLUS, surely you will be due due some frenzied evening potting sessions after all that hard work!

Comment

I posted earlier in the football betting thread, Rangers vs. Kilmarnock this weekend. Kilmarnock are currently 17/2.

Here's tomorrow headlines

I wouldn't be advising a lump on, but 17/2 is worth a tenner or a score before the price drops.
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                          Anyone driving to Galway from Dub tomorrow morning for UKIPT??
                          Smurph and I are going tomorow evening, if that's any good to you.

Should get you there for the super sat.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                            Smurph and I are going tomorow evening, if that's any good to you.

Should get you there for the super sat.
                            Thanks Martin but playing tomorrow. Ill be grand, only a couple hours there now. see you there.

Comment

Holy fuck - I just don't know where to look anymore watching Arsenal. They were fucking dire tonight. Bringing Henry on at half time was fucking madness. When will Wenger learn? He's the longest serving manger in Arsenal's history to not have won a trophy. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Wenger out. Even Giles said thay that was a 'manager sacking display'.

We spent the 3rd most money this year in transfers and we bought mediocre players, instead of spending a extra 3 mil and getting cahill - we bought mertsacker. A player with the turning circle of a bus and the speed of a turtle. now he's fucked and so is Kos - and we have to rely on fucking Djourou. Jesus -I'm livid.

It'll be a very empty Ashburton Grove at the weekend I suspect.....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                                  Anyone recommend one of the near by hotels in Galway?
                                  Nick Newport was looking for somebody to share a room yesterday drop him a line and see if its free?

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                  Is there any live bloggings planned for Galway this weekend?
                                  Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                  Nope, fraid not. None of Dom, Lloyd or myself could make it, and Danny doesnt want to do it on his own - which is completely fair enough. Tis a big bloody event for 1 person and not much fun in it doing it on yer tod
                                  Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                  i was never asked!
                                  Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  Danny's not online now, but I'll make sure he sees this. I don't know if he has made other plans or something though at this stage, or might have decided not to do it anyhow. There are a lot of events so he might have decided a break is as good as anything.
                                  @Zod you work Monday to Friday? The event starts at 12 tomorrow afternoon so you are defo a fair assumption that you are out of the equation

I wasn't sure anything was going to come of it as we hadn't heard a thing, Finatan then PM'd myself and Kev last week about IPB going down, we started a thread and Dom/Kev couldn't make it so I waited till Monday to decide if I was gonna go down or not myself (assuming you were working) worked UKIPT Cork on my own & Dublin majority on my own and its not easy going, earlier start time for these new legs and I don't wanna be under that kinda pressure/stress so decided to give this one a miss.

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post
                                  Think i'm going to win an mtt tonight

SPOILER
                                  Fucking awesome

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                  What date you heading out there?

We are setting sail for there on the 20th of May.

Guess your going before hand?
                                  23rd of March.
                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                    Any Seria A fans tell me why I shouldnt back Lazio and 7/5 at home to Ath Madrid tommorrow?
                                    no reasons at all tbh, capable of some great performances

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                      I posted earlier in the football betting thread, Rangers vs. Kilmarnock this weekend. Kilmarnock are currently 17/2.

I wouldn't be advising a lump on, but 17/2 is worth a tenner or a score before the price drops.
                                      Is it not kinda short already, with the hullabaloo maybe already priced in?
                                      Been a while since I looked but from memory i thought all the vegatable teams were 10/1+ when they went to Ibrox or Parkhead.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        Is it not kinda short already, with the hullabaloo maybe already priced in?
                                        Been a while since I looked but from memory i thought all the vegatable teams were 10/1+ when they went to Ibrox or Parkhead.
                                        there's potential for the price to drop further if 4 first team players end up getting the tintack tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                          no reasons at all tbh, capable of some great performances
                                          Tks Madrid are v average,Looked like a great price to me.

Comment

Valentines day.......................................

Comment

Atleti haven't conceded a goal since Simeone took over (6 matches off the top of my head) and Lazio manager has said they're down to bare bones for the game and may have to call on youth players, at least for the bench anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends 0-0.

Comment

That Gif Tremolo1 posted is awesome, took me 20 mins to stop looking and seen Danny quoted and here i am 40 mins later.

Should be quoted on every page imo.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                  It didn't work...but this can never be lost:

nsfw

SPOILER
                                                  Ahh sure may as well bring her back so they can be on the same page

Comment

Any good footballers auto/biographies recommended? Only players at the end of their careers or nearly done playing, the rest are just silly.

I have a copy of Tony Cascarinos 'Fulltime' if anyone would like it.Really good read, no fancy Dan shite, seemed really genuine.

Every recommendation gets you thrown into the hat for the book.
                                                    Last edited by dannydiamond; 16-02-12, 00:19.
                                                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                      Any good footballers auto/biographies recommended? Only players at the end of their careers or nearly done playing, the rest are just silly.

I have a copy of Tony Cascarinos 'Fulltime' if anyone would like it.Really good read, no fancy Dan shite.

Tony Adams Autobiography was brilliant.

Comment

I have a copy of Tony Cascarinos 'Fulltime' if anyone would like it.Really good read, no fancy Dan shite, seemed really genuine.

New one released by Didi Hamann very recently. Meant to be a good read, and would be right up your street too as it's written with a very heavy Liverpool theme.

Comment

Only a Game? By Dunphy

I remember the Gary Nelson books being a decent read
                                                          Left Foot Forward @
                                                          Left Foot in the Grave (Both from mid 90's)

Joe Fagan: Reluctant Champion: The Authorised Biography
                                                          Has gotten good reviews afaik

Comment

@RD3
                                                            I've been looking after our 3 kids (7yr, 4yr and 18months) since the wife went back to work after maternity leave. It was a no brainer for us to take this line, building boom was well bust and after doing a few computer courses I wouldn't be commanding much more of a salary than what childcare would have cost so I wasn't happy to do that.

School runs are the biggest pain in the hole you will only have collected one fed him and then your out the door again. Its prolly the only downside to it, the buzz I get off the 18month old after looking after him the last year is undescribable and its easily the strongest bond that i have with any of them. My relationship with the 2 older lads has also become closer as you would expect. It is alot of hard work but very rewarding, you would be mad not to give it a go.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

That reminds me I must go read Paul mersons book, it was him with the crazy stories with gazza taking sleeping tabs and drinking yeah?

Comment

I haven't read it so can't actually recommend it but Paul Merson - How Not To Be a Professional Footballer has potenial. Anyone read it yet?

Edit ^^ wel i suppose ghostfaceste hasn't read it either!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                    Strange that car-boobs seems kind of old-and-jaded compared to jumpy-up-and-down-boobs. Especially given that car-boobs' effervescent boobiness had originally dethroned blue-dress-boobs and her reign seemed almost unstoppable until the unexpected appearance on the booby scene of jumpy-up-and-down-boobs.

My God though, that's quite the gif.
                                                                    Car boobs still the greatest but I'm old school like that

Comment

Strange that car-boobs seems kind of old-and-jaded compared to jumpy-up-and-down-boobs. Especially given that car-boobs' effervescent boobiness had originally dethroned blue-dress-boobs and her reign seemed almost unstoppable until the unexpected appearance on the booby scene of jumpy-up-and-down-boobs.

My God though, that's quite the gif.
                                                                      Brillaint! I was trying to write a similar post but couldn't work out how to describe them.

I wanted to thank JOB's 2nd post there but 'car-boobs' just doesn't do it anymore since Tremolo brought us this new improved 'jumpy-up-and-down' one.

Hope you shipped that donkament Tremolo, you deserve it!

Comment

I've never seen blue-dress-boobs girl.

Help a brother out lads.
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by blaaaaaaah View Post
                                                                          Anyone recommend one of the near by hotels in Galway?
                                                                          I stayed in the Harbour Hotel last year, thought it was decent and only 5 mins away from radisson. I think Dom recommended it to me.

Official Website of The Harbour Hotel Galway - Book direct for our best rates & conditions; free cancellation (up to 48hrs before arrival).

Comment

They haven't really been fielding full strength teams in the Europa League, not totally weak either but they've tended to rest a few stars in each game. Italian teams generally don't take the competition seriously at all and have had a awful record in recent years.

Lazio very much in the hunt for a Champions league spot in the league so could be their priority. I'd want to see Hernanes, Klose and Dias in the starting lineup to get on at that price against an improving Atletico.
                                                                            Last edited by The Situation; 16-02-12, 01:07.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

For the cricket heads just watched a doc on bbc1 about afghanistan trying to qualify for the last world cup. Really good, afghan cricket club it was called

Comment

Surprised Rigger hasn't questioned tonights winning lotto numbers 1,6,8,10,13,14,20-WTF
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Reading a book there: 'Outliers' by Malcolm Gladwell. Mentioned an early Microsoft interview question asked to potential recruits:

"Why are manhole covers round?"

Quite the tough question.
                                                                                      So they dont fall down the hole if turned sideways?
                                                                                      Unlike a square/rectangle cover which would fit diagonally down any hole it covers?

Really hope you have found a newer, more high brow answer tbh!

Also, ty for blue-dress-boobs girl.
                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Reading a book there: 'Outliers' by Malcolm Gladwell. .
                                                                                        I was telling someone about the date of birth and sports success correlation only yesterday.

Comment

Breaking Bad

4 episodes into season 3, thought nothing would top 1 and 2 but fucking hell, unbelievable stuff

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                            It just wouldn't feel right being the person who improves the rate of fire for a weapon, makes them more accurate, etc... as HH points out you are making it easier for those people with homicidal urges to make good on those urges, kill more and at a faster rate. I definitely take SP's point that the more you are isolated from the practical applications of whatever bit of 'defence' work (I hate that the word 'defence' has been co-opted like that, when it can mean both defensive and offensive weaponry) you are engaged in, the less you will consider any questions of personal morality.
                                                                                            The lunatic who goes on a killing spree isn't aided by the fact that guns are better. In fact very few serial killers use hi-tech weapons. They are going out with weapons that were availible years ago.
                                                                                            If anything, they lead to quicker conflict resolution.
                                                                                            If the same weapons that are availible today were arounf in WW1 or 2, a lot less people would of died.

Comment

Ugh poker

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.1 Tournament, 1000/2000 Blinds 250 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 (t24375)
                                                                                              CO (t33529)
                                                                                              Button (t58515)
                                                                                              SB (t140852)
                                                                                              Hero (BB) (t113334)
                                                                                              UTG (t11904)
                                                                                              UTG+1 (t24206)
                                                                                              MP1 (t95920)
                                                                                              MP2 (t31598)

Hero's M: 21.59

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
                                                                                              6 folds, Button bets t5000, 1 fold, Hero raises to t14000, Button calls t9000

Flop: (t31250) 5, 10, 7 (2 players)
                                                                                              Hero bets t25000, Button calls t25000

Turn: (t81250) 9 (2 players)
                                                                                              Hero bets t65000, Button calls t19265 (All-In)

River: (t119780) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t119780

Results:
                                                                                              Button had 3, A (one pair, Aces).
                                                                                              Hero had K, K (one pair, Kings).
                                                                                              Outcome: Button won t119780

Comment

Jackie Milburns autobiography is a very good read. Fascinating how times have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                  The lunatic who goes on a killing spree isn't aided by the fact that guns are better. In fact very few serial killers use hi-tech weapons. They are going out with weapons that were availible years ago.
                                                                                                  If anything, they lead to quicker conflict resolution.
                                                                                                  If the same weapons that are availible today were arounf in WW1 or 2, a lot less people would of died.
                                                                                                  Imagine a German Blitzkrieg against an unprepared Europe with todays weapons! I agree with your general point though.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                                                    Breaking Bad

4 episodes into season 3, thought nothing would top 1 and 2 but fucking hell, unbelievable stuff
                                                                                                    You aint seen nothin yet :P

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                      That reminds me I must go read Paul mersons book, it was him with the crazy stories with gazza taking sleeping tabs and drinking yeah?
                                                                                                      Found it entertaining, some of the stories are pretty funny and as a degen myself his absolute total uncontrollable degeneracy is quite funny. Wouldn't be mad on the writing style, written very much in his own conversational manner which is aimed at sun and mirror readers, but get past that and it's well worth a read.

Comment

That guy kevsteele shipped an IO package tonight... MBN after winning the Sunday Million twice last year too!

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                                                                          The Walking Dead is fucking amazing. Dont know why I didnt watch it sooner.
                                                                                                          It's a steaming pile of shite, read the comics if you want something decent.
                                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

@HJ
                                                                                                            Yeah of course, if they were on one side only. Then it just feeds the slaughter and we'd all be speaking German now. But with modern technology on both sides, the Blitzkrieg and similar wouldn't of happened.

Atila the Hun with AK-47s would of been a disaster too.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Mellor; 16-02-12, 03:42.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                                                              Breaking Bad

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                                              You aint seen nothin yet :P
                                                                                                              Yeah its pretty awesome! Wish I'd something that good to watch. Dexter...just can't get into it enough to wanna keep watching it. Only 4 episodes into season 1 all the same.
                                                                                                              NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Ahhh.....remember the good old dial up days!!!

EDIT: November 2020 wow this really blew up over the years. I have made a direct download available here https://freesound.org/people/wtermini/sounds/546450...
                                                                                                                NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

I will probably have some consultancy work to perform occasionally in the evenings but nothing dependable

I do want to earn lots of bananas (have done so in the past and would like to continue doing so) hence my concern about the long-term career impact. You are a hippie
                                                                                                                  If you can guarantee your long term career and earnings after a 9+ month break, then there's clearly no question, if there's any doubt about that then likewise there's no question.

I'd be pretty certain you already know the answer deep down...

Comment

Mate's first film is getting decent reviews in the arthouse scene. First screening is in the lighthouse at 8pm on the 19th as part of the Jameson film festival if anybody is about.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by RasTa; 16-02-12, 04:19.
                                                                                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                      @HJ
                                                                                                                      Yeah of course, if they were on one side only. Then it just feeds the slaughter and we'd all be speaking German now. But with modern technology on both sides, the Blitzkrieg and similar wouldn't of happened.
                                                                                                                      .
                                                                                                                      WW2 with modern weapons would start out with Germany having a huge advantage in technology and resources - not both sides somehow miraculously having exactly the same weapons.

Comment

went to bed. Unlocked phone for a wee browse. Seen text unread. "your oven will be delivered tomorrow at 9am" oops, note to self , read texts before playing to early hrs. Gonna be a tired bunny tmw .

Comment

loving the docs dating story

run better doc

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X