Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah Dzeko got 4 against Spurs this season. Really should have got that one quicker. Drawing a blank on the last one. Wonder if it's someone obvious.

Edit I should really read other peoples post first heh.
    Last edited by The Situation; 31-01-12, 17:14.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
      baby face assassin
      No

Originally posted by TheVelvetFog View Post
      Ye, I don't know how I failed to remember that. Was actually meant to be at that game but couldn't make it in the end.

Dzeko got 4 against Spurs at the beginning of the season. Don't remember him scoring another hat-trick?
      Yes

Comment

This is probably going to sound stupid , but milk is not on it
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Seems he was hacked

RealKidPoker Daniel Negreanu
          Important: Do NOT send me any emails the account appears to have been hacked. Just landed in LA nice news.
          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
            But why would they play like that?
            why not just put 99% of his stack in and fold to a shove?
            Plus, wouldn't withdrawing the money be a quite difficult once pokerstars got wind of it?
            Joyriding is very standard during a hack.

Comment

Some drilled and bolted a basketball hoop to the cross at Bray Head. Wp.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                Don't agree with this at all tbh, if a guy stiffs me, blocks me from facebook and starts dodging my calls I think I'm well within my rights to announce to the world that he's a prick.
                I agree with MPT, Rory kinda said it the other day, $100 is not a bad price to pay to find out - I can think of times I hoped people who had nipped me wouldn't pay back €100 or €200 debts & internally fist pumping when only getting hit for a nifty when you know your getting lined up for the tap.
                Last edited by nicnicnic; 31-01-12, 17:56. Reason: Kayroo

Comment

@ msn cups is an american system 1 cup is about 225g
                  No its not!
                  Cup is a measure of volume not weight, a Cup being 8 fluid ounces or a drop less than 30Ml. So a cup is taken as 240 ml and your 1.66 cups is about 400Ml

Also off the top of my head 400Ml soulds like a lot of liquid for that cake... find a different recipe IMO
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

saha

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                      Seems he was hacked
                      Pity it wasn't a house invasion & beating like Duhamel.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        No its not!
                        Cup is a measure of volume not weight, a Cup being 8 fluid ounces or a drop less than 30Ml. So a cup is taken as 240 ml and your 1.66 cups is about 400Ml
                        So you reckon around 400ml, you wouldnt be codding me now would ya and I end up with a big soggy lemon cake
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          No its not!

Also off the top of my head 400Ml soulds like a lot of liquid for that cake... find a different recipe IMO
                          how will she measure a half cup of flour?????????

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                            I agree with MPT, Rory kinda said it the other day, $100 is not a bad price to pay to find out - I can think of times I hoped people who had nipped wouldn't pay back €100 or €200 debts & internally fist pumping when only getting hit for a nifty when you know you getting lined up for the tap.
                            While I can see where you're coming from that it's a positive to have an excuse never to have to deal with certain people because of a situation like this, I still reckon it's perfectly within a guy's rights to let it be known that it happened!

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                              I agree with MPT, Rory kinda said it the other day, $100 is not a bad price to pay to find out - I can think of times I hoped people who had nipped wouldn't pay back €100 or €200 debts & internally fist pumping when only getting hit for a nifty when you know you getting lined up for the tap.
                              I don't get the tapping up culture at all.
                              Maybe I'm not degen enough.
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

ffs simple lemon cake me hole!
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                  ffs simple lemon cake me hole!
                                  112g flour

Comment

right off to Tesco for ingredients.

Pics to follow ...............hopefully.
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Ah yea its a really dumb system, they use the volume measure for stuff that should be weighed.

That recipe sounds like a very wet batter make this one instead
                                      This one’s always been a winner with my family and friends – it’s even become a much-requested birthday cake. This time round we’ve added a whipped cream and lemon curd icing to make it even more special. Although the mixture is a 3 egg, 175g mix we are using the same size tins as for the other sponges, which means you will have a much deeper cake because we need four layers. The Delia Online Cookery School: Watch how to make Delia's Swiss Roll in our video. Just click the image to play.

much nicer
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

While I can see where you're coming from that it's a positive to have an excuse never to have to deal with certain people because of a situation like this, I still reckon it's perfectly within a guy's rights to let it be known that it happened!
                                        Maybe, just wouldn't be my or most of the people I mix with style - in the poker & gambling world, getting nipped and knocked for a few quid here & there is inevitable. The bogeys are weeded out fast enough, but it's done more through the grape vine then publicly.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        I don't get the tapping up culture at all.
                                        Maybe I'm not degen enough.
                                        Your probably moving in the right circles & didn't have a misspent youth.
                                        Last edited by nicnicnic; 31-01-12, 17:38. Reason: Kayroo

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Anyone know how to get an LCD tv off a wall mount, there are screws holding a catch in place that seem to need to be loosened to get it off but id need a two foot long screwdriver to do so??
                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                Natural form of pyrite.
                                                Fools gold yo.
                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Comment

Several Dublin degens used to regularly do the rounds looking for a loan. A couple still owe me money but using the same principle as Nicky, I don't mind. 1 is in jail now though, 1 is dead and one is Frank Hunt. Think repayment is equally likely in all 3 cases.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                        Anyone know how to get an LCD tv off a wall mount, there are screws holding a catch in place that seem to need to be loosened to get it off but id need a two foot long screwdriver to do so??
                                                        Filmed on my telephone at about 9pm on Lavender Hill, Clapham Junction in South London on 8 Aug 2011. COPYRIGHT: SKY NEWS (www.skynews.com)

Comment

Vocabulary updated.

Would I be right in thinking that 'nipping' is the word to describe a nipper asking for a nip from a person about to be nipped?
                                                          Not knowing the term nipped can only be viewed as positive reinforcement that your life is going in generally the right direction.

Comment

saha
                                                            Hugo too possibly.
                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I don't get the whole private debt so don't say anything lark. If lolfold outting that degenarte piece of shit means that the next person he hits up for a "loan" tells him to go fuck himself because he knows he's a lying pikey then all the better and lolfold has done a great service to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                I don't get the whole private debt so don't say anything lark. If lolfold outting that degenarte piece of shit means that the next person he hits up for a "loan" tells him to go fuck himself because he knows he's a lying pikey then all the better and lolfold has done a great service to everyone.

sums up my thoughs about it

Comment

On nipping, I remember being in a conversation with two poker playing friends at some festival when a well known degenerate walks over apologises profusely to one and hands him a cheque for €1k then proceeds to the poker room, mate turns around to the other two of us and says "anyone want to buy this for €50?", to which my other friend says "no but I'll swap you for this one I got an hour ago" and produces a cheque for 7k from an even more notorious degenerate.

Both bounced obv, neither degenerate ever paid up to my knowledge, neither player ever went public so to speak. Most players in your circle will put you wide to who's not to be trusted, but these losses are just another form of rake.

Names wit held for privacy.

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                                                                    Idiots , I cant believe that they went with someone who was convicted of careless driving resulting in 2 deaths for a car ad... I'm sure he has also enough put aside that this is 1 area of advertising he could have passed on..

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                    He was convicted of careless driving, not dangerous driving.
                                                                    The wiki doesn't make for good reading, he should never have been given/accepted a car ad.

Went to see The Descendants last night. Really liked it, thought Georgie Boy was immense although I'm admittedly a bit of a fanboy.

Shailene Woodley who plays his daughter in it is also immense

SPOILER
                                                                    I thought he was George Clooney being George Clooney. Did a solid job being George Clooney but nothing stood out as outstanding to me, same with Pitt in Moneyball, best actor nomination's are weak this year, best actress better which seems to be a pattern imo.
                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I don't get this thing of lending money to people that you don't really know. Would only ever give monies to people I know really well and at that it wouldn't be huge sums. Anybody that would walk up to me at a poker tourn looking for money would get laughed out of the place

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                        While I don't have issue with it being within it's rights to do so, I think he is getting away from his own responsibility to not be stupid with his own money, don't loan money if you can't afford to not get it back and obviously don't loan it to people he apparently barely knows.

Plus there's also the issue of whither or not it was actually owed it is very much one persons word against another.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                          I thought he was George Clooney being George Clooney. Did a solid job being George Clooney but nothing stood out as outstanding to me, same with Pitt in Moneyball, best actor nomination's are weak this year, best actress better which seems to be a pattern imo.
                                                                          You're right George was just being George. Played role well but was like a lot of his other stuff.

Some interesting/decent looking films out this weekend with Carnage and Young Adult released. Anyone know much about Chronicle? Haven't heard much about it but I see Vince from FNL is in it so might go to see it

Comment

Me loving a performance where George is George can be linked to my previously admitted love of George.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                              I don't get this thing of lending money to people that you don't really know. Would only ever give monies to people I know really well and at that it wouldn't be huge sums. Anybody that would walk up to me at a poker tourn looking for money would get laughed out of the place
                                                                              Yeah can't see too many benifits to it, especially lending to a well known degenerate, I mean your not going to get any interest on the loan. Suppose folk like to appear balla!
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Never got a loan to gamble and gave the reg(basically my wages) to a guy to play once. Never got it back. Never again...degenerates gonna degen too much
                                                                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                  Whither it's right or wrong isn't really the point it's ridiculously common for regular players to owe each other serious amounts of money during just the normal process of being involved in the scene, be it staking, money from swaps, general gambling winnings and losses, and loans chopped action etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                                                                    While I don't have issue with it being within it's rights to do so, I think he is getting away from his own responsibility to not be stupid with his own money, don't loan money if you can't afford to not get it back and obviously don't loan it to people he apparently barely knows.

Plus there's also the issue of whither or not it was actually owed it is very much one persons word against another.

Not sure how it's getting away from his own responsibility. He gave him money and got burnt, he's accepted this but now he's decided to warn other people in case they get hit up for a loan. I'm sure it's a lesson learnt and he learned it the hard way however hopefully other people will have learnt a similar lesson while saving themselves €100. I don't think it's not being able to afford it either, it's the principle. If someone robs a €5,,€10, €50,€100 or €1000 it doesn't make much difference, at the end of the day the guy is a thieving scummer and should be outted as so.

I agree on the last part, it can be dodgy ground alright, but if he denies it then everyone can draw their own conclusions and if they feel he's a lovely honest bloke then they can loan him money to their heats content.

Comment

if a guy stiffs me, blocks me from facebook and starts dodging my calls I think I'm well within my rights to announce to the world that he's a prick.
                                                                                      Me loving a performance where George is George can be linked to my previously admitted love of George.
                                                                                      Keane is there something you would like to share with the entire group???

Comment

Really want to play some online poker tonight can anyone ship few €200 and I'll sort you out on Friday.

Joke Obv

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                          Keane is there something you would like to share with the entire group???
                                                                                          What can I say, I'm a sucker for Hollywood actors.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzy2010 View Post
                                                                                            Are you braindead?

No but you might well be. You're either too young or too stupid to pick up what I was getting at.

Like having to expalin a joke, takes all the good out of it

Comment

On the whole money lending/outing thing when I first started playing poker it was the first thing I noticed and was so alien to me at the time. I wrote a blog on it http://spencerjamespkr.blogspot.com/...les-money.html

nearly 5 years later, always cringe looking back on old blogs but think I can stand behind this to some degree.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                                                                                On nipping, I remember being in a conversation with two poker playing friends at some festival when a well known degenerate walks over apologises profusely to one and hands him a cheque for €1k then proceeds to the poker room, mate turns around to the other two of us and says "anyone want to buy this for €50?", to which my other friend says "no but I'll swap you for this one I got an hour ago" and produces a cheque for 7k from an even more notorious degenerate.

Both bounced obv, neither degenerate ever paid up to my knowledge, neither player ever went public so to speak. Most players in your circle will put you wide to who's not to be trusted, but these losses are just another form of rake.

Names wit held for privacy.
                                                                                                If he knew it was dodgy, why take a cheque?
                                                                                                I dunno, it's something I can't really get my head around.
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

What can I say, I'm a sucker for Hollywood actors.
                                                                                                  Stiffed, man love, sucker seriously there's clinics and everything now for your sort, dont worry we'll cure ya

Comment

German legalisation of Brothels results in interesting benefits problem; If offered work as a prostitute, and refuse, a woman's benefits can be stopped.

http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Stiffed, man love, sucker seriously there's clinics and everything now for your sort, dont worry we'll cure ya
                                                                                                      As for the Kerry thing though your on your own on that one no cure for that sh*t

Comment

Never ever reading through a couple of days BBV again, can see why people ask for cliffs now. Being 5 days without internet is the nut low .

Congrats to Kev and Liz

Comment

As for the Kerry thing though your on your own on that one no cure for that sh*t
                                                                                                          Sure nobody's perfect. Except Colm Cooper obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                            On the whole money lending/outing thing when I first started playing poker it was the first thing I noticed and was so alien to me at the time. I wrote a blog on it http://spencerjamespkr.blogspot.com/...les-money.html

nearly 5 years later, always cringe looking back on old blogs but think I can stand behind this to some degree.
                                                                                                            great article Rory.
                                                                                                            I suppose there is a bit of self gratification involved.
                                                                                                            And in regards to MrPt's 2 friends, a sense of moral superiority, pity and the shared' ah we can afford it' mentality.
                                                                                                            All I know is, if someone owed me 7k/1k/ a few ton and bounced a cheque on me, my morals wouldn't last long

Comment

Natural form of pyrite. Quite the other-worldly appearance to it, almost looks manufactured:

Table salt forms in the same way

Comment

If he knew it was dodgy, why take a cheque?
                                                                                                                I dunno, it's something I can't really get my head around.
                                                                                                                Yeah, loaning someone 7k when you've NO faith in it coming back at all (as evidenced by the reaction to the cheque) is a pretty odd move, can't understand how these people keep getting the loans in the first place.

Nevertheless, little transfers happen on IPB all the time, and if someone has loaned someone money and gone really above and beyond in their attempts to get it back and still haven't, and it's obvious they could be paid back but the person is just refusing to do so, then I don't see an issue with outing the scumbag in question. It warns others off dealing with them, protects the integrity of those that DO pay their loans back and it's a little bit of personal gratification since you've basically no other means of come back if the person is just refusing to pay you. How much the money means to you is irrelevant, a scumbag getting outed is never a bad thing or a cause for sympathy imo.
                                                                                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

great article Rory.
                                                                                                                  I suppose there is a bit of self gratification involved.
                                                                                                                  And in regards to MrPt's 2 friends, a sense of moral superiority, pity and the shared' ah we can afford it' mentality.
                                                                                                                  All I know is, if someone owed me 7k/1k/ a few ton and bounced a cheque on me, my morals wouldn't last long
                                                                                                                  While I largely agree with your post the "shared we can afford it mentality" isn't the reason people don't throw shit fits, it's that they know it will be of no use to the situation at hand. Personally I chase down debts vigourously however in situations where the person plainly is a degenerate you just have to accept it and hope he has a touch at some point in the future.

Why do you think everyone hangs around the jackpot after they get knocked out of the cash league final? It's because they want to be first in line to either a) reclaim their dough should a debtor go deep or b) borrow some dough ahold a Mark go deep.

All in the game yo.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                                    Asked this before but only got it set up now. anyone who fancies a game of madden or fifa on PS3? im rbdowntown
                                                                                                                    Anyone up for an xbox version of these?

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                    have ran outta cig papers ...replacement ideas please as shops aint an option
                                                                                                                    Make a waterfall bong with some tinfoil and a pen

Comment

Bobby Zamora getting 90k per week at QPR. The world has gone officially mad.

Comment

You see the truly expert nippers set you up with a few transactions to and fro for a decent amount of money before lining you up for the big screw.

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                                        Yeah, loaning someone 7k when you've NO faith in it coming back at all (as evidenced by the reaction to the cheque) is a pretty odd move, can't understand how these people keep getting the loans in the first place.

Nevertheless, little transfers happen on IPB all the time, and if someone has loaned someone money and gone really above and beyond in their attempts to get it back and still haven't, and it's obvious they could be paid back but the person is just refusing to do so, then I don't see an issue with outing the scumbag in question. It warns others off dealing with them, protects the integrity of those that DO pay their loans back and it's a little bit of personal gratification since you've basically no other means of come back if the person is just refusing to pay you. How much the money means to you is irrelevant, a scumbag getting outed is never a bad thing or a cause for sympathy imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                          German legalisation of Brothels results in interesting benefits problem; If offered work as a prostitute, and refuse, a woman's benefits can be stopped.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-benefits.html
                                                                                                                          Seems reasonable

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X