This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

I looked at flights to Vegas out of curiosity with Emirates. I chose economy class and got quoted over €17,000
    Yeah, been following the thread, wife is 40 in November and cant decide between new york or vegas, or both.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
      Yeah, been following the thread, wife is 40 in November and cant decide between new york or vegas, or both.
      Has she a preference? I know I would LOVE to go to New York. That would be a great birthday present. I am getting to do Vegas for my 40th birthday as I get married on my birthday so it covers both honeymoon and birthday trip

Comment

Has she a preference? I know I would LOVE to go to New York. That would be a great birthday present. I am getting to do Vegas for my 40th birthday as I get married on my birthday so it covers both honeymoon and birthday trip
        She would love NY, i would love Vegas...for not much more money you can do 2 nights NY and 4 Vegas, plenty of time to decide yet...lol
        This too shall pass.

Comment

SUCH A BAD BEAT!!!

Got such a bad beat at a Live event down the country on saturday, big tourney and all, like there was over €36K in prize money!!

Tourney kicked off at 2pm and right til the break at 4.30pm I was very card dead getting f**k all in terms of premium hands and I was down to 6K at the dinner break when the average stack was about 20K..

Anyways I think the break was well needed, because when i came back I picked up a nice few hands and suddenly found myself above average(average was about 25k at this time) and sitting nicely on a stack of 33k..

I am in middle position and have pocket 8's, blinds are 500/1000 with a running ante of 50 and its folded into me so I raise to 3.5K and everyone else folds bar the SB who calls my raise...

Flop comes 10 8 7

the lad on the SB checks into me so I bet 7K, then he announces "ALL IN" and then i CALL.....

He turns over A A

The pot is nearly 70K at this stage....

the turn is 7

then BOOM the river is A .....

SICK isnt the word right at that moment in time, the whole table was kinda shocked!!
          Needless to say i went heavy on the booze after that.....:-)

Comment

Hint hint FD
            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzy2010 View Post
              Got such a bad beat at a Live event down the country on saturday, big tourney and all, like there was over €36K in prize money!!

Tourney kicked off at 2pm and right til the break at 4.30pm I was very card dead getting f**k all in terms of premium hands and I was down to 6K at the dinner break when the average stack was about 20K..

Anyways I think the break was well needed, because when i came back I picked up a nice few hands and suddenly found myself above average(average was about 25k at this time) and sitting nicely on a stack of 33k..

I am in middle position and have pocket 8's, blinds are 500/1000 with a running ante of 50 and its folded into me so I raise to 3.5K and everyone else folds bar the SB who calls my raise...

Flop comes 10 8 7

the lad on the SB checks into me so I bet 7K, then he announces "ALL IN" and then i CALL.....

He turns over A A

The pot is nearly 70K at this stage....

the turn is 7

then BOOM the river is A .....

SICK isnt the word right at that moment in time, the whole table was kinda shocked!!
              Needless to say i went heavy on the booze after that.....:-)

Also it was revealed to me that yer man actually hit a ONE OUTER because one of the other lads at the table told me he folded an Ace!!!
              MEGA SICK!!!!

Comment

Capital letters and exclamation marks.....

Comment

Also it was revealed to me that yer man actually hit a ONE OUTER because one of the other lads at the table told me he folded an Ace!!!
                  MEGA SICK!!!!
                  Which tournament was that?

Comment

MEGA SICK!!!!
                    Yeah but you hit a 2 outer. He was ahead preflop and on the river. You were a ahead on the flop and turn. I've never class that hand as a bad beat tbh. You got lucky, then unlucky but that's poker. Oh, and your bet sizing is way too big

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                      Which tournament was that?
                      It was Clo*mel Coursing Festival.....

I put a thread about it sat morn before i went, to see if any IPB's were going but my thread got deleted because there seems to be an issue between the organisers of these tourneys and the mods of IPB's thats why i didnt mention the name of the tourney in my post...

Comment

Originally posted by Zola View Post
                        Yet he still uses lowercase 'i' when referring to himself.
                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          Yeah but you hit a 2 outer. He was ahead preflop and on the river. You were a ahead on the flop and turn. I've never class that hand as a bad beat tbh. You got lucky, then unlucky but that's poker. Oh, and your bet sizing is way too big
                          I actually have to disagree here.... i raise pre flop IF he makes a big 3 bet id have no prob folding pocket 8's....
                          the big blind was 1000, and i raised 3.5K with like 3 or 4 people behind me to act? how is that a big bet???
                          Also after the flop i bet nearly the pot when i hit my set!!
                          Then when he hits a ONE OUTER you say its not a bad beat, hahah I STRONGLY DISAGREE on this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                            Heil.

Comment

Flushdraw needling all IPB's finest posters this morning...
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                FFS I actually think I will delete my IPB account... I come on telling a story about a hand in poker and now im getting lectured about GRAMMAR.....Seriously who gives a fuck what way ya spell or what CAPITALS you use once you can read it???

Comment

Some of you might remember I was looking for recommendations for a good hotel to bring the gf for her bday a few weeks back. Wanted somewhere nice as I also planned to pop the question. Decided on Inchydoney Lodge and Spa. Couldnt recommend them enough. Called them earlier in the week and let them know I was planning to propose and could they have some bubbly in the room and a few candles lit or whatever, the girl at reservations said they’d put rose petals around the room, have some chocolates etc and that they’d delay us at check in to drop some champagne. When we did get up to the room they’d put us in a huge sweet with a brilliant view out to the beach and 4 poster bed, place was done up really well. Got down on 1 knee and done the deed.

She said yes ldo

Comment

FFS I actually think I will delete my IPB account... I come on telling a story about a hand in poker and now im getting lectured about GRAMMAR.....Seriously who gives a fuck what way ya spell or what CAPITALS you use once you can read it???
                                    Get a thick skin, people are just taking the piss.
                                    Gonna be like that for a while but you'll get through it.

Don't mind that Fishdraw, worst player here.

Comment

I actually have to disagree here.... i raise pre flop IF he makes a big 3 bet id have no prob folding pocket 8's....
                                      the big blind was 1000, and i raised 3.5K with like 3 or 4 people behind me to act? how is that a big bet???
                                      Also after the flop i bet nearly the pot when i hit my set!!
                                      Then when he hits a ONE OUTER you say its not a bad beat, hahah I STRONGLY DISAGREE on this!!!
                                      Don't disagree. Flushdraw is right. Never open to 3.5x and stop being so results based. If the guy with the AA had lost he would have lost to a 2 outer.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                        Some of you might remember I was looking for recommendations for a good hotel to bring the gf for her bday a few weeks back. Wanted somewhere nice as I also planned to pop the question. Decided on Inchydoney Lodge and Spa. Couldnt recommend them enough. Called them earlier in the week and let them know I was planning to propose and could they have some bubbly in the room and a few candles lit or whatever, the girl at reservations said they’d put rose petals around the room, have some chocolates etc and that they’d delay us at check in to drop some champagne. When we did get up to the room they’d put us in a huge sweet with a brilliant view out to the beach and 4 poster bed, place was done up really well. Got down on 1 knee and done the deed.

She said yes ldo
                                        Congrats to you both.

May your pan never want for a rasher.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                          Just finished season 2 of Breaking Bad. 20 episodes since Friday morning. I need some sleep.
                                          One of the best tv series ever.... When ur finished all them then check out a series called 'Homeland'....
                                          There's just 1 season of that so far and I finished watching it there last week and have to say that it is excellent altogether!

Comment

MEGA SICK!!!!
                                            He probably lied about his hand
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

WhO gIvEs a F**K oNcE YoU cAn ReAd iT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hmmm it seems my own people have turned on me. I was loading up Tallafornia on the TV3 player as you do and it has completely frozen the laptop. They're clearly not familier with the phrase don't shit on your own doorstep.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

She said yes ldo
                                                  Not quite sure if the LDO is
                                                  LDO I wouldn't be saying anything about it if she hadn't
                                                  or
                                                  LDO she knows how lucky she is

Comment

She said yes ldo
                                                    Congrats Kev and to a lesser extent MrsKev.

May I be the first to say Pics or GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      He probably lied about his hand
                                                      He didnt because as soon as the SB turned over his pocket aces i asked at the table did any1 fold an ACE and yer man that was sitting beside me chatting to me all day said he did!

Comment

WhO gIvEs a F**K oNcE YoU cAn ReAd iT.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                        cop on, or you'll be getting another (longer) ban. I warn thee not to disturb my remarkable good form I'm in today

Comment

Not quite sure if the LDO is
                                                          LDO I wouldn't be saying anything about it if she hadn't
                                                          or
                                                          LDO she knows how lucky she is
                                                          a little from column A a lot from column B

Comment

cop on, or you'll be getting another (longer) ban. I warn thee not to disturb my remarkable good form I'm in today
                                                            Point NOTED KevIRL....

But just like the last time i am simply explaining a hand when somebody else starts with their smartness....

Comment

Hmm..To play the Super Poker Event or not. Having to be much more judicious with the use of my free time now that I have so little of it! Citywest seems like a trek, even though its about 25 mins away.

Comment

He didnt because as soon as the SB turned over his pocket aces i asked at the table did any1 fold an ACE and yer man that was sitting beside me chatting to me all day said he did!
                                                                Not to further exacerbate your feelings of misfortune,
                                                                but doing that in the middle of the hand then getting sucked out on is karma baby.

You NEVER do that
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I hope Fitzy wasnt staked into this tournament
                                                                  and that the hand actually took place and he didnt just pull it out of his arse again

Comment

She said yes ldo
                                                                    It's suite, not sweet.

Well done all the same

Comment

Point NOTED KevIRL....

But just like the last time i am simply explaining a hand when somebody else starts with their smartness....
                                                                      I'm a mod too so watch it.

Comment

FML.

Do any of ye have any experience with dealing with accountants for the purpose of tax returns? Specifically,a PAYE worker doing a tax return on an investment property.

Up to my tits here in paperwork and receipts.
                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Don't think Wolfpack membership makes you a mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                            Don't think Wolfpack membership makes you a mod.
                                                                            Zola isn't in the Wolfpack

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              Not to further exacerbate your feelings of misfortune,
                                                                              but doing that in the middle of the hand then getting sucked out on is karma baby.

You NEVER do that
                                                                              Yes mate the Dealer swiftly jumped on me once i asked that!
                                                                              But I dont know what came over me, I know i was wrong there asking that but because i have been running bad of late i knew in my heart he was gonna hit an ACE!!!
                                                                              But yes DeadParrot you are 100% right there and I agree, call it Karma if ya want but it was always coming BUT it still doesnt ease the pain of when it lands.... I tell ya the 20+ pints and couple of shorts did though...lol

Comment

Ohh go away will ya with ur stupid comments!

Comment

Congrats Kev,
                                                                                  Welcome to the wonderful world of Wedding fairs and wedding magazines.

I won't even mention it should be suite
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by davidadams View Post
                                                                                    I hope Fitzy wasnt staked into this tournament
                                                                                    and that the hand actually took place and he didnt just pull it out of his arse again
                                                                                    Ohhh go ta f**k, seriously COP on will ya!!!

Comment

Fitzy, stop reacting and people will stop taking the piss. It's funny when you react to everything.

Comment

Ohhh go ta f**k, seriously COP on will ya!!!
                                                                                        Dude,you need to relax.You don't have to respond to every single person that mention's your name. The Man is going to lock you up in Ban Street if you don't chill.

Comment

Live poker is rigged.

Comment

Ohh go away will ya with ur stupid comments!
                                                                                            Ah I'm only JOKING!!!

So how are YOU today???!!!???!!!

Comment

Fitzy,you must be the easiest person to get a reaction from.
                                                                                              Stop getting upset over the slightest thing.

Comment

Dude,you need to relax.You don't have to respond to every single person that mention's your name. The Man is going to lock you up in Ban Street if you don't chill.
                                                                                                Im in bad form now just by the way some people have to be smart on this when ur trying to explain something, but thanks pal for the advice... Logging off now anyways!

Comment

FML.

Do any of ye have any experience with dealing with accountants for the purpose of tax returns? Specifically,a PAYE worker doing a tax return on an investment property.

Up to my tits here in paperwork and receipts.
                                                                                                  If you are paying an accountant is should be zero hassle, that's what you are paying them for.
                                                                                                  If you aren't it shouldn't be too difficult, just deduct all expenses that you have receipts for, if your a bit short go out and get a few more receipts and subtract the total from the income. The form is fairly straightforward and that is coming from some one who feels physical pain at the sight of a tax form.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                    Live poker is rigged.
                                                                                                    I can confirm this.

Online is the only honest way of playing poker these days.

Check out Boylepoker.com for further details.

Comment

i asked at the table did any1 fold an ACE and yer man that was sitting beside me chatting to me all day said he did!
                                                                                                      I was always tell people i folded the card they ask about. If you don't take the opportunity to tilt/needle people at the table, you're giving up some EV

Comment

karma can only be apportioned by the universe on death.
                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

If you are paying an accountant is should be zero hassle, that's what you are paying them for.
                                                                                                          If you aren't it shouldn't be too difficult, just deduct all expenses that you have receipts for, if your a bit short go out and get a few more receipts and subtract the total from the income. The form is fairly straightforward and that is coming from some one who feels physical pain at the sight of a tax form.
                                                                                                          Yea,I'm paying one.It's my first visit and I have 5 years returns to do so there's a good chance I'm going to prison for life on top of everything else.

Was trying to find order in the chaos but am inclined to fuck everything in a Tesco bag now and just hand it over.

Comment

Im in bad form now just by the way some people have to be smart on this when ur trying to explain something, but thanks pal for the advice... Logging off now anyways!
                                                                                                            Bi

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                                              Bi
                                                                                                              Hi Chugger

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post
                                                                                                                Hi Chugger
                                                                                                                Well slim

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post
                                                                                                                  It's suite, not sweet.
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

I won't even mention it should be suite
                                                                                                                  Indeed. That'll tell you how acccustomed I am to staying in such rooms

Comment

She said yes ldo
                                                                                                                    Congratulations Kev & to MsIRL how nervous were you?
                                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                                      I can confirm this.

Online is the only honest way of playing poker these days.

Check out Boylepoker.com for further details.
                                                                                                                      Played about a dozen SNGs on Boyles the last few weeks since you gave me the IPPF sat token (you can use this information to justify it as a marketing success).

Standard is just lolbad, peoples pushcallfold ranges and knowledge of odds seem to be stuck somewhere back in 2007. Called off an extra 300 chips in the BB when the SB openpushed 700 with the blinds at 200/400. I turned over the mighty 42o and dogged his AK.
                                                                                                                      Got roundly condemned by the victim and the other players called me bingo player, fish, typical donk paddy etc. Assumed they were taking the piss until I saw them making identical folds in the blinds.

Pity it takes about 20 minutes for even a $5turbo to load.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 30-01-12, 12:10.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                                                        Well slim
                                                                                                                        What have u got to do with this inter county thing

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                          Flushdraw needling all IPB's finest posters this morning...
                                                                                                                          That's harsh, i never commented on this post

Originally posted by 777
                                                                                                                          10. Cost of entry - €25
                                                                                                                          11. How much of the entry fee is made up of registration fee - €10
                                                                                                                          12. If a rebuy, cost of rebuys/top-up - €20
                                                                                                                          14. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into prize fund - €15 of entry fee + 100% of rebuys/top ups go into the prize fund
                                                                                                                          15. How many places being paid - 8 players or less = 2 places,9 + players = 3 places
                                                                                                                          16. Is any money from the prize fund held back for future tournaments, if so, how much - €25 euro is kept from 1st place and replaced with ticket of same value, €15 is kept from entire prize pool for Sunday League
                                                                                                                          17. Any tickets for future events given out as prizes. If so, how many - 1

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X