This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AKDonk View Post
    can anyone tell me know long it would take to get from Leixlip to clane . If i left at 7, would i be there by 8?
    20 mins Chris. Out M4, Maynooth sliproad, head for Straffan, turn right for Clane at roundabout b4 Straffan.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
      I made an appointment for a reiki session yesterday.

To the very best of my knowledge it's a load of b*llocks. But two friends (both psychotherapy people who aren't droolers) had it in the past year and enjoyed it. And the woman I rent a therapy room from offers it.

Has anyone had it done? Now reading about it there are obviously many aspects of it which are indisputably utterly retarded - like level 2 reiki training teaches you how to do it remotely i.e. send healing energy to someone in another place. Lol.

But the central treatment seems to be some manner of putting hands on different parts of your body for an hour. I can conceive how this might be beneficial in the context of a relaxing setting and relaxing music.

Actually, out of interest, and without it being followed up with an avalanche of evidence based analysis what alternative or complimentary type treatments have people had in the past and what was their experience of them like? Not a great population to be asking, but I would like to know.
      Not sure if accu-pressure counts, but I've had a few sessions of this. Guy knew his stuff, well, was blinding me with science by telling me a variety of pressure points etc and what they are good for. Anyway, just basically told him I wanted a good nights sleep (as at that time I was operating on about 4 hours kip a night) and didn't want to be using meds, so he done a few moves and seemed to concentrate around my ankle. Relaxing experience and sleep improved (slightly and short term). Eventually found a routine that I could implement and retrain myself into a normal-ish sleep pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
        is there any way to turn off the paddy points display on tables on PPP?
        Play on Boyles

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
          Play on Boyles
          I've robbed the pic from the boylepoker site for the link to live updates forum. If we are breaching your intellectual copyright, take it up with Kev and tell him to remove it. Interesting to see how he'd go about that actually

Comment

What are you basing this prediction on? From either a technology, enforcement resources, or public will perspective I cannot see where the impetus would come from.
            That there's too many people with too much influence, money and incentive against it for it to continue, do you not think so? Sharing technology will improve but only so much and surely the technology to prevent it will also improve significantly. I also think if the industry adjusts to the current market better than it has done then the desire for it will reduce significantly (though not entirely obviously). Like I said with Netflix, I think that's a start and it certainly has me using the cousins less fwiw.
            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
              That there's too many people with too much influence, money and incentive against it for it to continue, do you not think so? Sharing technology will improve but only so much and surely the technology to prevent it will also improve significantly. I also think if the industry adjusts to the current market better than it has done then the desire for it will reduce significantly (though not entirely obviously). Like I said with Netflix, I think that's a start and it certainly has me using the cousins less fwiw.
              I am not the best to judge this technology, but my understanding is that millions of people obsessed with creating / modding new technology will triumph. If we can boil it down to a sheer crunch of man hours (I'm not sure that we can, but I am assuming that we can) then the industry shouldn't win.

Also surely the form of the technology should delimit what can be done about it to a great extent. Nobody can really stop a friend of mine from lending me a DVD. As cloud computing expands to be the norm of file storage will it not become the equivalent of having to check every pub to make sure people are lending dvd's to their friends?

Notwithstanding the hyperbole that the entertainment industries engage in about the size of the lost revenues I am doubtful that they will be willing to commit the amount of time and money necessary to police the issue. And their attempts to have it policed by others such as Internet providers doesn't seem to be going too well as they are being told to GTFO for a variety of reasons, including legal.

But what do I know? I have spent many hours trying to figure out a good way to stream liveonlinefooty to a TV for my father and have pretty much given up. It all seems too complicated. His own fault for not even having a TV with a fcuking HDMI input so I could buy him an AppleTV2 and jailbreak it.

Actually fcuk it, I'll just buy him a new TV and ATV.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                Won it, comfortably clear but won't count the chickens just yet

You heading in tonight?
                yep. Will play tonite. U? Figured ud tid last week. U had a mountain of chips when I busted. Nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  I've robbed the pic from the boylepoker site for the link to live updates forum. If we are breaching your intellectual copyright, take it up with Kev and tell him to remove it. Interesting to see how he'd go about that actually
                  My intellectual value isnt worth a lot so fire away!
                  Last edited by Megatron; 20-01-12, 19:00.

Comment

The bone-chilling holiday classic starring Tilda Swinton and the most evil child to ever stalk the earth, MacCaulay Culkin.

Comment

@Hotspur, you've been around a good while now right?longer then me anyway. Isn't it about time you had a real honest to goodness row with someone? Live a little imo.

TL;DR it's not too long,read it.
                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Would second Marbella. Went for a day last summer when in Malaga the day Ireland played Russia in the 0-0. I didnt want to go initially because the name reminds me of the Mirror and The Sun so theres a bit of a Chavy ring to it but was glad i went. Once there i really enjoyed it. The best bars with the best food are the dark ones without the parasols and tourist lures. You know your in the right place when the have the gamon hanging from the ceiling!.
                          Option to hire a car and take a day trip to mountain towns like Mijas(Great Bull ring) or Ronda, car hire for the week is just over €100 so your as well hiring a car even if its just for getting from/to the airport because of the taxi fare Careca mentions. Wifi in all the beach side bars so you can slip in for a half to get the bets on through their wifi!.
                          Last edited by rounders123; 20-01-12, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                            @Hotspur, you've been around a good while now right?longer then me anyway. Isn't it about time you had a real honest to goodness row with someone? Live a little imo.

TL;DR it's not too long,read it.
                            Well I've had the pleasure of fighting with luminaries such as Sickpuppy & DBC, but Gandhi himself would have had trouble avoiding that. CHD isn't my biggest fan. Um, Finkel and Eagle Eye would have been WW enemies, but then that game does that. Maybe I'll get into an impassioned debate with Fitzy when he comes back from his ban if I can muster up the interest in how a tard plays a hand a poker.

Reminds me of Sean Lock talking about having a pedestrian horn -
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

This morning, as I finish my shower and turned around to step out of the bath, I heard a huge crack followed by a gigantic smashing sound.

the inner pane of the skylight in the bathroom cracked and fell out, falling past and smashing less than a foot from my head.

fun times.
                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Reminds me of Sean Lock talking about having a pedestrian horn -
                                A pedestrian horn!?

I've gotten that, usually when walking around Stephens Green on a nice summers day...

aaaaahhh thannnk youuuu...

Comment

Originally posted by markc View Post
                                  yep. Will play tonite. U? Figured ud tid last week. U had a mountain of chips when I busted. Nice one.
                                  He's an awful luckbox in fairness I spewed a ball of chips his way when we were 5 handed, but in fairness it was too tough to get them back

See yee in a while

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                    He's an awful luckbox in fairness I spewed a ball of chips his way when we were 5 handed, but in fairness it was too tough to get them back

See yee in a while
                                    Damage was done earlier than that bantee. 2 hands after I joined their table some tool donked off c50BB's to him . I had a plan to take him apart with my 11BB but I ran AK into KK and that was that...

Comment

Are you the mark that was across from me at the start? I think I know you too.

Comment

Don't forget to follow the updates from the Boylepoker IPPF over HERE
                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

my mate was telling me last night that he's discovered the best place on earth. In vancouver, there's a nudist beach... on the university campus...
                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Predictions game kicks off tomorrow.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                              my mate was telling me last night that he's discovered the best place on earth. In vancouver, there's a nudist beach... on the university campus...
                                              Wreck beach, ye it's pretty cool alright, pretty wierd too, ya see some wierd stuff, bit of a druggy spot. not quite the endless lines of hot naked university girls if thats what you were hoping for...

Comment

Watching Connacht / Harlequins got me thinking.

I'm guessing that HT/FT betting in rugby is like soccer with the odds being formulaically derived from the outright match odds.

So is there an edge in weather conditions like tonight where the wind is going to influence the game far more than in top flight soccer?
                                                So if Connacht HT/Harlequins FT is initially set at a 'fair price' then from the moment the coin is tossed and its known Connacht are playing with the hurricane first half is there much of a window to get on before the odds are changed to reflect this?

Comment

lol, this is good....

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

lol Rich Hall "I'm not too into religion, I'm more like a Jehovah's bystander"

Comment

Delighted for Connacht!
                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Wow, thought this was a joke when I read the headline earlier:
                                                        Judge adjourns case after he is called to appear before himself http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...25.html?via=mr
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Probably bad news for Munster as Munster v Toulouse quarter final now looks likely.

Comment

Stuart Baggs, remember him is currently planning a weeding on Celebrity Wedding Planner on channel 5 right now

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post
                                                              Stuart Baggs, remember him is currently planning a weeding on Celebrity Wedding Planner on channel 5 right now

Gardener obv.

Comment

I think Emmet may have posted this before, or maybe just the acapella part.

This is just the most beautiful art imo, you've really got to watch it all. The reaction of the group of tourists is fascinating, it's like they're intimidated, confused almost. It's like they can't recognise the beauty in front of them.....

| Subscribe for more: http://bit.ly/blogosubsBon Iver playing "For Emma, Forever Ago" in Montmartre, Paris, FranceDon't miss our Take Away Show with Alicia K...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  Watching Connacht / Harlequins got me thinking.

I'm guessing that HT/FT betting in rugby is like soccer with the odds being formulaically derived from the outright match odds.

So is there an edge in weather conditions like tonight where the wind is going to influence the game far more than in top flight soccer?
                                                                  So if Connacht HT/Harlequins FT is initially set at a 'fair price' then from the moment the coin is tossed and its known Connacht are playing with the hurricane first half is there much of a window to get on before the odds are changed to reflect this?
                                                                  not really tbh. the wind rarely plays a huge role in the first half but a very important one in the 2nd half (mostly when the better team has wind advantage in the 2nd half). fitness and discipline counters the first half wind advantage too much.

Comment

Ryan tubridy is the nut worst interviewer

I love Micheal O'Leary

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                      I think Emmet may have posted this before, or maybe just the acapella part.

This is just the most beautiful art imo, you've really got to watch it all. The reaction of the group of tourists is fascinating, it's like they're intimidated, confused almost. It's like they can't recognise the beauty in front of them.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Swa9CYgRk&sns=em
                                                                      there is a night in France every year in june called " la fete de la musique". it basically is a night for music. any music, anywhere, any time. concerts., buskers, bands, everything goes anywhere, and all night long. it really is one of the best nights you can have just wandering around.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                        To me it's like flying with Ryanair, you play their game so that you get the best result for yourself.
                                                                        Since when has honesty come into it? I'll gladly wear four coats walking onto a plane if it means that I don't have to pay the 40 quid it costs to put my baggage in the hold.
                                                                        What kind of holiday requires one to bring four coats?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                          there is a night in France every year in june called " la fete de la musique". it basically is a night for music. any music, anywhere, any time. concerts., buskers, bands, everything goes anywhere, and all night long. it really is one of the best nights you can have just wandering around.
                                                                          Throughout France Shrap?

Comment

Throughout France Shrap?
                                                                            Just saw a pic of your dad in the IPPF updates thread, you're the absolute spit of him.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                              Just saw a pic of your dad in the IPPF updates thread, you're the absolute spit of him.
                                                                              Yes its uncanny

Comment

Throughout France Shrap?
                                                                                yes but absolutely no point doing it anywhere else but in the big cities, and even then. i'd say only Paris or Marseille (and maybe Lyon)

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9iIr6B8n5I
                                                                                  48

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rylztnfN8BY
                                                                                    48

Comment

Would drinking a bottle of wine be bad for me if I'm not used to it? Like would I still be able to walk/talk/fuck? Or would I just collapse, how strong is it?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                        Compliment to him, insult to me.

Comment

here's one for Kev. used to love this band in the 80s

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                            Would drinking a bottle of wine be bad for me if I'm not used to it? Like would I still be able to walk/talk/fuck? Or would I just collapse, how strong is it?
                                                                                            wine is good for you, you have nothing to fear

Comment

Depends on the volume of alcohol and your tolarnce but you shouldn't be legless after a bottle.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Assuming you have no alcohol consumed up until this point, 95% of adult males should have no trouble performing the tasks you outlined above.
                                                                                                Last edited by dannydiamond; 20-01-12, 23:48.

Comment

Wine is good for you keep up the giid work
                                                                                                  48

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                    This morning, as I finish my shower and turned around to step out of the bath, I heard a huge crack followed by a gigantic smashing sound.

the inner pane of the skylight in the bathroom cracked and fell out, falling past and smashing less than a foot from my head.

fun times.
                                                                                                    I don't get it.

This is like asking which is better,toe nail clippings or ass cheeks?

Comment

Tomthebomb on the FT of the BIG $109
                                                                                                      One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

IMO, this is situation dependant:

example, you're back from Coppers with a bird who fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Walk? Yes, you got her home
                                                                                                        Talk? Yes, you tell her you've had a bottle of wine
                                                                                                        Fuck? No, see "Talk" above

example 2

Same as above except you're at the girlfriend's house for a late dinner and the hot younger sister makes a pass at you while your bird fell asleep:

Walk? Absolutlely, running to her bedroom is easy also.
                                                                                                        Talk? Say nothing
                                                                                                        Fuck? QED
                                                                                                        Last edited by 40something; 21-01-12, 00:01.
                                                                                                        One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

...
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

@Shrap: Your pep talk on the 'wonders' of children at the beers cushioned the impact somewhat. Opened my eyes to the fact the some effort might be involved and by God there is. Currently at the 'how does anyone do this more than once' phase.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                Late regged for a tournie on stars but wasn't paying attention. Turbo, joined right before the break, so blinds will be 500/1000 starting and I have 3000 starting chips. Somewhat expensive way to donk $27.
                                                                                                                fancy a quick $10 heads up?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                    Late regged for a tournie on stars but wasn't paying attention. Turbo, joined right before the break, so blinds will be 500/1000 starting and I have 3000 starting chips. Somewhat expensive way to donk $27.
                                                                                                                    spin that shit up
                                                                                                                    48

Comment

...

Comment

Poor Etta

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                          Poor Etta
                                                                                                                          She does some whinging.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X