This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
    Ionepaul that doesn't sound right. Catalytic convertors are supposed to be easy to replace. What model of car is it?
    I had to get mine replaced last year, the catalytic converter! cost 600 euro!
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
      Some advice needed:

1) I failed the NCT the week before last, the smaller things I can sort out (see below) but I also failed on emissions, specifically the CO % at High Idle (0.55%, you fail if it is >0.3%), all other emissions tests passed. I suspect that I need to replace the exhauast manifold / cat converter (this comes as a single unit in my car), which is a no-go as it would cost more than the car is worth. Does anyone know any 'tricks' to reduce the CO% for the restest? I've seen fuel additives and higher grade oil mentioned but don't know anything about that kind of stuff.

2) I need two tyres replaced - can anyone recommend some place in south Dublin (preferrably close to Milltown / Dundrum) where I can buy tyres and have them fitted without being ripped off?
      These are the nuts Paul.You will see a general improvement in how the car drives as well.I've used them in the past and they do exactly as they advertise.

Half a tablet is enough to add to a tank of petrol/diesel in a small car.
      Last edited by Sirtoyou; 21-02-11, 12:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        looks interesting and I'll certainly have a look

the main thing to understand is that only a handful of people in the world had any clue whatsoever what was happening here. Most people involved in the chain were just looking at their annual bonus.

I mean who could have thought that lending money to people with no income to buy overpriced houses, then repackaging those loans into bonds, then repackaging those bonds into CDOs\CMOs and then repackaging them again into synthetic instruments and selling them on as AAA debt could ever go wrong?
        I was shocked to see these CEO's in front of Congress and being asked "so you sell these options to your customers but yet on the other hand you are backing against them to fail, do you see this as a conflict of interest and not looking out for your customers, CEO blank stares"

I would like for your review of it to be some kind of word/powerpoint presentation please and thank you

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
        stupid 2 day hangover. Just changed gyms so have a nice session to get a workout plan made up later. Not looking forward to this.
        Did you get in on those Jager shots? Was nice to put a face to the name sorry we didnt get to speak as much, always next time.

just landed on my desk, damn it's small! literally the size of a wallet

I think the coolness factor is sufficient, got it in red too
        Should of just got it in black you poser!
        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I must have this jumper.

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            There's a 7 footer, I think acting as valet at the moment waiting to come in.
            Ring work is awful but sheer size will no doubt attract McMahon
            Yeah Aloisa i think she called, she was due to be on the NXT divas one but got "fired" by Vicky, she's meant to be awful in ring, and thats saying something considering all the divas are basically terrible with the exception of Melina, Beth and Natalya.

Possibly NSFW.
            SPOILER

Comment

A 25-year-old Jewish girl tells her Mom that she has missed her period for 2 months. Very worried, the mother goes to the drugstore and buys a pregnancy kit.
              The test result shows that the girl is pregnant.
              Shouting and crying, the mother says, "Who was the pig that did
              this to you? I want to know!"
              Without answering, the girl picks up the phone and makes a call.
              Half an hour later, a Mercedes stops in front of their house.
              A mature and distinguished man with gray hair and wearing a
              yarmulke steps out of the car and enters the house.
              He sits in the living room with the father, mother, and the girl
              and tells them, "Your daughter has informed me of the problem.
              I can't marry her because of my personal family situation but
              I'll take charge.
              I will pay all costs and provide for your daughter for the rest
              of her life.
              "Additionally, if a girl is born, I will bequeath two retail
              furniture stores, a deli, a condo in Miami , and a $1,000,000 bank
              account."
              "If a boy is born, my legacy will be a chain of jewelry stores
              and a $25,000,000 bank account."
              "However, if there is a miscarriage, I'm not sure what to do.
              What do you suggest?"
              All silent at this point, the mother, placed a hand firmly on
              the man's shoulder and tells him,
              "So, you'll try again."

Comment

lol at the bishops of Ireland releasing a document about the destruction of trust in the government
                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                    I must have this jumper.

they should have sent a poet, not a photographer.
                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                      lol at the bishops of Ireland releasing a document about the destruction of trust in the government
                      Hmm that's a kettle.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        Did you get in on those Jager shots? Was nice to put a face to the name sorry we didnt get to speak as much, always next time.
                        I was gone by the time the shots rolled out but I did end up in Bucks until close to 7. I drank a serious amount of Jagger Bombs and still feel a bit off. I think it is as much the Red Bull then anything else. It was great to put faces to names and I look forward to the next meet up.

Comment

As in they wont trust the government to help them cover up future scandals?

Comment

I was gone by the time the shots rolled out but I did end up in Bucks until close to 7. I drank a serious amount of Jagger Bombs and still feel a bit off. I think it is as much the Red Bull then anything else. It was great to put faces to names and I look forward to the next meet up.
                            lol, even my mom doesn't fall for that

Comment

Madrid at the usual shite: http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/pe...asdasftb_3/Tes

Look at the pictures carefully. One is photoshopped to make it look like Alves is offside.

Last edited by coillcam; 21-02-11, 13:35. Reason: To add pic.

Comment

Ah cool, we didnt even have red bull for them was just the shot was a great day remember looking at my watch and its was 11:30 and like "WTF how is it so late" time flies and all that.

Comment

A song from my friends band who split up a few years ago is being used in this new Failte Ireland ad. Its a good tune. Ironically though the song is called 'Departure' although its not listed anywhere! they got 500 euro for letting them use it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5emdftOIoos"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5emdftOIoos[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                    Madrid at the usual shite: http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/pe...asdasftb_3/Tes

Look at the pictures carefully. One is photoshopped to make it look like Alves is offside.
                                    The 'offside' pic looks to have a more correct line across the pitch, going by the semi circle of the penalty box. And he even looks marginally offside in the second one anyway, going by the 'any bit of your body you can score a goal with' interpretation.

Comment

If anyone has experience of this I'd appreciate if ya could give me your tuppence worth.

In terms of being made redundant and getting redundancy pay should an agreement be signed prior to you leaving your job as to how the payments will be made or is it just something that you just have to wait to recieve? Company will be paying over a couple of installments but as yet I havent been told when/how much?

Edit: Or I could just read citizensinformation.ie where all seems to be spelled out
                                      Last edited by ghostface; 21-02-11, 14:07.

Comment

firesale obviously
                                        Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                        No need to Stoke the flames, he's already been burnt, have to log it to memory I guess. Coaled hearted salesman too.

Grate puns
                                        Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Ceasing next Friday or Ceased last Friday? I think you know what you have to do.
                                        MEETING OF CREDITORS – Scheduled For 28/02/2011

I called in and they told me it was a couple of old companies they have being wound up and they are fine, the letterhead should have been changed to reflect the new name etc etc, the fire would be fitted friday, nothing to worry about, the fire is out the back ready to be fitted when the granite is cut for the surround.

I calmly explained that they had my money and all i had was there word, either refund the money or give me the fire now to take away as a guarantee of sorts, they seemed ok with that proposal but the balance for the fire would have to be paid, no worries says I, another 450 but at least i have something to show for it.

Now, the strange thing, they had no facilities to process my laser card, had to ring another company to put it through on the phone....between bank accounts at the moment was the reply !!

Maybe they will come friday to finish the job or not, but either way im not out of pocket.
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                          If anyone has experience of this I'd appreciate if ya could give me your tuppence worth.

In terms of being made redundant and getting redundancy pay should an agreement be signed prior to you leaving your job as to how the payments will be made or is it just something that you just have to wait to recieve? Company will be paying over a couple of installments but as yet I havent been told when/how much?

Edit: Or I could just read citizensinformation.ie where all seems to be spelled out
                                          From what i remember u sign a RP50? form, but I wouldn't sign that until you have received the full amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                            From what i remember u sign a RP50? form, but I wouldn't sign that until you have received the full amount.
                                            Yeah just reading that there and going through the form. I won't be signing ought til I get the entire amount.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                              Yeah just reading that there and going through the form. I won't be signing ought til I get the entire amount.
                                              Ask them to include any pay/holidays due into the redundancy package to get the tax benefits too.

Comment

cameramen of the BBV, help required

I have an Olypmus camera on which a black spot has appeared on the lens

it won't go away, I've tried cleaning the lens to no avail. Seems to be internal.

is it fooked or is there something I can do to fix?
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

what colour is it?

Comment

it won't go away, I've tried cleaning the lens to no avail. Seems to be internal.

Pm Armani, he knows all about black cleansing.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                      what colour is it?
                                                      blac....wait a minute......

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                        Pm Armani, he knows all about black cleansing.
                                                        sounds salacious

Comment

does it show up as a black spot on the photos?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                            does it show up as a black spot on the photos?
                                                            yes

makes 'em look fairly shite. Seems to be there since about Christmas time

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                              The 'offside' pic looks to have a more correct line across the pitch, going by the semi circle of the penalty box. And he even looks marginally offside in the second one anyway, going by the 'any bit of your body you can score a goal with' interpretation.
                                                              The two pics are of the same play. Look at the top pic, the defender that should be beside the "D" is removed completely(he is playing Alves onside in the real pic below), also the guy beside Villa is right on top of him whereas in the bottom pic there is clearly a gap between them.

Comment

yes

makes 'em look fairly shite. Seems to be there since about Christmas time
                                                                does it look like a smudge (dirty but can still see color through it) or dead pixels (black, no see through)?

Comment

sounds salacious
                                                                  Nah just plain xenophobic, any regular subscribers to the music king game will know of his hatred of everything darker than a mild tan.
                                                                  Last edited by The Situation; 21-02-11, 15:30.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

The two pics are of the same play. Look at the top pic, the defender that should be beside the "D" is removed completely(he is playing Alves onside in the real pic below), also the guy beside Villa is right on top of him whereas in the bottom pic there is clearly a gap between them.
                                                                    He is still offside given he rule that AJ mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                      does it look like a smudge (dirty but can still see color through it) or dead pixels (black, no see through)?
                                                                      black

the fact that it's on the photos would lead me to assume it's not the LCD screen that's the problem but rather the lens itself

but I do know feck all about cameras

bought it in the States too so warranty doesn't work here

Comment

you'll have to take it apart, and boil all the parts, includingthe circuit board.

Then get a hig powered magnet and run it over the camera a few times.
                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                          you'll have to take it apart, and boil all the parts, includingthe circuit board.

Then get a hig powered magnet and run it over the camera a few times.
                                                                          that's how I got the black spot in the first place

new camera it is so

Comment

Its marginal, and I'm not sure why the paper saw the need to photoshop.
                                                                            I think if I was TVMO for it I'd have given it offside.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TuIgm0oA7w[/ame]

Comment

black

the fact that it's on the photos would lead me to assume it's not the LCD screen that's the problem but rather the lens itself

but I do know feck all about cameras

bought it in the States too so warranty doesn't work here
                                                                              sounds like dead pixels from the sensor. is there a sensor cleaning option in your camera menu? if not go to google and type "getting rid of dead pixels on "camera make and model". if you're lucky there is a simple process to get rid of them, if not, you can spend some of your electoral winnings :-))

Comment

Black spot on camera lens seems to be a common enough problem.

Different camera but the solution might be similar.

Comment

just priced up that camera online

Amazon UK - [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-Mju-9000-Compact-Digital/dp/B001O2SA8C/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1298302565&sr=8-16"]£331[/ame] ($537)
                                                                                  Amazon US - [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Stylus-9000-Stabilized-Black/dp/B001P06PXU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298298681&sr=8-1"]$142[/ame]
                                                                                  what...the....fluck????

OK, admittedly the US price seems to be a special offer but that is insane. US price is almost a quarter of the UK one.

Comment

I wonder if the Barca groundsman makes those grass lines at a slight angle so that they can get away with those Xavi-Alves plays they try so often. Like he looks for all the world offside but the grass line indicates he's on. We already know the groundsman has a vicious streak in him as he turned the sprinklers on Inter last year after defeat. 'More than a club' pfft, more like a club that will angleshoot by any means to win a title. I should write for Marka!
                                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 21-02-11, 15:47.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Ionepaul that doesn't sound right. Catalytic convertors are supposed to be easy to replace. What model of car is it?
                                                                                      It's a Hyuandai piece of crap - the cat convertor is defo part of the exhaust manifold I'm afraid; I was quoted €750 plus labour to put in a new one a few years ago (and the labour is a biggie I think; need to remove the engine I've read!) so won't be doing that, that plus new tyres is more than the car is worth with a newly valid NCT. Will just replace the tyres and try every trick in the book to get the emissions in line for the day of the retest.

Comment

I wonder if the Barca groundsman makes those grass lines at a slight angle so that they can get away with those Xavi-Alves plays they try so often. Like he looks for all the world offside but the grass line indicates he's on. We already know the groundsman has a vicious streak in him as he turned the sprinklers on Inter last year after defeat. 'More than a club' pfft, more like a club that will angleshoot by any means to win a title. I should write for Marka!
                                                                                        Goes to show how some offside calls down the years without the aid of pitch lines may look blatantly one way but could be another, if the pitch lines weren't there I'd have declared that a mile off. Very marginal with it.

Classic Madrid media though, and AS are actually the more reasonable and balanced of the two. Marca did literally the exact same thing last year with a goal that was blatantly onside, they even photoshopped out the pitch lines to make it look better and declared a refereeing anti-Madrid conspiracy about it. Why they even bother in this day and age of the goal being so readily accessible to everyone is beyond me, it'll only ever make them look stupid. The Spanish media in general make the English media look credible.
                                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Morning. Taking an Oracle certification exam later today. Wish me luck!
                                                                                          Ship the 87%! I am now an Oracle Certified Associate.
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Ship the 87%! I am now an Oracle Certified Associate.

?

Comment

Simon Harris now 4/9 with PP.

Shipped some sort of a financial advisor diploma from UCD last week and a AIIPM qualification today. MIIPM is next but I'm still not getting seriously down to the CFA stuff nor have I finished my self help book the Pledge or put my CV together. Damn paid work and laziness.....
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Looking for €11 on Paddy Power for my money on Stars. ($15.10)

Please and thank you
                                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

?
                                                                                                  Yup thats about right.
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

?
                                                                                                    That would be awesome. Unfortunately she died so I'm stuck with this rubbish instead:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                      Simon Harris now 4/9 with PP.

Shipped some sort of a financial advisor diploma from UCD last week and a AIIPM qualification today. MIIPM is next but I'm still not getting seriously down to the CFA stuff nor have I finished my self help book the Pledge or put my CV together. Damn paid work and laziness.....
                                                                                                      you won't need a cv for what I have planned

Comment

4/11 now Olly. Simon better Simon

Comment

you won't need a cv for what I have planned
                                                                                                          Please don't be teasing.

My plan is to finish work in august (3 month notice period) unless I get a moved to a new business or Investment consultant role before that and a new bonus incentive which is unlikely.
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by mickste View Post
                                                                                                            4/11 now Olly. Simon better Simon
                                                                                                            I reckon you moved the market Mick!!

Comment

Im voting like this.....

1. Joe Behan (he is a remote family friend)
                                                                                                              2. Anne Ferris ( I have had "relations" with 2 of her daughters and wouldnt mind going back there.)
                                                                                                              3. Simon Harris (because Olly and Mick has backed him)

That's how we vote people!!

Comment

lol it's close

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nM9eEVofUs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                  Im voting like this.....

2. Anne Ferris ( I have had "relations" with 2 of her daughters and wouldnt mind going back there.)

Sure isn't that what the PR system was built for.

Comment

Nah just plain xenophobic, any regular subscribers to the music king game will know of his hatred of everything darker than a mild tan.

he be crazy racist yo.
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Mizzi responds

Comment

Looking for €11 on Paddy Power for my money on Stars. ($15.10)

Please and thank you
                                                                                                                        Have you been sorted?
                                                                                                                        nb. Are you from the town or the county?

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                        Im voting like this.....

The 2nd daughter is clearly a classy burd!

Comment

Nice

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TO4yeUIPWE[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X