This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
    Try here and get it shipped to yourself!

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/gadgets/avon-sunrise-alarm/
    reviews aren't good but im still tempted to make a purchase!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
      Ship a ticket Danny?
      Nope

Was chatting with Doke at the table last night, i knew he had won a couple of tickets online and i asked how many total expecting like 3/4 he had won 9 tickets to it fucking machine!
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Who here lives in the UK at the moment?

There is an advert for a new tablet to help you sleep (for all you insomniacs) I know Nytol is banned here but there is a new tablet advertised on the telly at the minute and may be available.

I used nytol and loved the deep sleep I had with it.
        try something called donormyl. it's sold over the counter in France and costs next to nothing (2 euros for 10 tablets, but half a tablet is enough). it's a very mild sedative anti-histamine which makes you want to go to sleep (as opposed to making you feel drowsy) and works really well.

actually, if any insomniac wants to try it, pm me as i've got a couple of unopened boxes at home as i've not needed to use them for a while now and always stock up when i go over to France.

Comment

For any of the lads that have the HTC Desire could you do me a favour if you have the speed test app installed and test it over 3G. Im with Meteor so anybody on a different network would be sweet as well.

Ive been trying mine for the last while and havent seemed to be able to get over 2.6mbps down in Dublin but when i was in Rosslare last week i could get speeds of 4.5mbps down nearly all the time. Tried it on my home wifi network and boom it flies getting nearly 16mbps down constantly obviously i know its the home network so its gonna be better than 3G but i just have it in my head that i thought Dublin would have a better 3G coverage, maybe its just certain areas.

Cheers lads
          Last edited by tylerdurden94; 09-09-10, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
            reviews aren't good but im still tempted to make a purchase!
            I didn't read reviews. But I can say from my own experience that it's great

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
              try something called donormyl. it's sold over the counter in France and costs next to nothing (2 euros for 10 tablets, but half a tablet is enough). it's a very mild sedative anti-histamine which makes you want to go to sleep (as opposed to making you feel drowsy) and works really well.

actually, if any insomniac wants to try it, pm me as i've got a couple of unopened boxes at home as i've not needed to use them for a while now and always stock up when i go over to France.
              I won't be needing them for a while since the baby is small and I feed her myself and wont take as much as a paracetamol these days.

I live so close to the border I can get nytol anyway. Never heard of donormyl but I am sure there are a few here that could benefit

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                This is the only decent music to come out in the last 10 years imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq9Ug2GsGus
                That's excellent. How have I never heard them before

LOL just checked my home server and there are a couple of albums and a video there, I assume courtesy of my Kids.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                  Hey guys need a bit of advice, is for "SWIM",
                  How long would weed stay in your system, i'm not talking blood or hair samples, just urine, and not a huge amount either, but just a few joints in the evening most days.
                  lol
                  As far as your body is concerned, that is a huge amount!

ooh and I think its 30 days to 6 weeks alright

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                  Jessica Tandy
                  a few years earlier
                  She had a nice tache in her youth!

Originally posted by careca View Post
                  X-Factor

I like the X-Factor, but one part of it tilts the fuck out of me. A singer comes on and is obviously fantastic, standing ovation, claps from the judges, etc. They get super comments, "best audition today", "you are gonna make it big", etc.

Then Cowell or Louis says "but now we are going to vote" and everyone gets all nervous and the performer puts on this terrified face until they hear "its a yes from me" and they pretend that they are really shocked to get the 'YES'.

What the fuck did they expect?
                  I should have stopped reading at "I like the X-Factor"

really?
                  why?
                  being married is only an excuse for men getting away with so much shite tv watching imo

X-Factor is shite!

btw
                  say hello to you in 20-30 years
                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAWwizWNhR0[/ame]

It is for regular users
                  a hey man
                  regular? no no no!
                  sur regular users are the guys who smoke 24/7
                  from morning to night
                  aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

LOL just checked my home server and there are a couple of albums and a video there, I assume courtesy of my Kids.
                    Get the album "He Has Left Us Alone, But Shafts Of Light Sometimes Grace The Corner Of Our Rooms…" if it's not already on there

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

You probably have, the guitarist is from Godspeed you Black Emperor which I presume you have heard of.
                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

I found one time i had the flu that Uniflu night and day blue night tablets knock the shit out of you and the sleep is great Don't take tablets myself, just man up and get on with it now.

Comment

You probably have, the guitarist is from Godspeed you Black Emperor which I presume you have heard of.
                          Have tickets for December already, really looking forward to it

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                            For any of the lads that have the HTC Desire could you do me a favour if you have the speed test app installed and test it over 3G. Im with Meteor so anybody on a different network would be sweet as well.

Ive been trying mine for the last while and havent seemed to be able to get over 2.6mbps down in Dublin but when i was in Rosslare last week i could get speeds of 4.5mbps down nearly all the time. Tried it on my home wifi network and boom it flies getting nearly 16mbps down constantly obviously i know its the home network so its gonna be better than 3G but i just have it in my head that i thought Dublin would have a better 3G coverage, maybe its just certain areas.

Cheers lads
                            Which speedtest app did you use?
                            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                              lol

I should have stopped reading at "I like the X-Factor"
                              Deep down i reckon you're a closet fan. You doth protest too much.

Its ok, your secret is safe with me. PM me who you think will win

Comment

Lads, the next time someone posts a large picture of a semi naked women (or series of small pictures) without spoiler tags I'm tempbanning them for 24 hours.

The time of day doesn't matter, because some of us like to scroll through last night's posts on their lunch break. Pictures of women (no matter how awesome) that fill up my screen are bad biscuits in an open plan office.

You have been warned.
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                  Deep down i reckon you're a closet fan. You doth protest too much.

Its ok, your secret is safe with me. PM me who you think will win
                                  I think closets are great alright
                                  But you cannot beat a good built in wardrobe!

Was at a family do a few weeks ago, at bar talking to husbands of 2 of my cousins
                                  football, booze, women, various levels of surreal rubbish
                                  THEN
                                  one turns and asks me who I like in xfactory/big brother or the likes
                                  I give a puzzled look and I just show them my 2 hands

they both laugh

SPOILER
                                  no rings, no watching rubbish, simples

Comment

Have tickets for December already, really looking forward to it
                                    Pretty amazed that's not sold out. (glad too as i just bought me a ticket)

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                      Pretty amazed that's not sold out. (glad too as i just bought me a ticket)
                                      Yeah i bought them a long time ago now expecting them to fly. They're still no Explosions in the Sky tho IMO

Comment

I found one time i had the flu that Uniflu night and day blue night tablets knock the shit out of you and the sleep is great Don't take tablets myself, just man up and get on with it now.
                                        I'm much the same.
                                        I generally refuse to take tablets for anything.
                                        Have a smoke and get hammered.
                                        Sure a cold is a bacteria and alchohol kills bacteria so you effectivly disinfect yourself from the inside out.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Ladies and Gents

Get voting for the best Limerick here: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=5283

and I've opened up the gambling comp thread here: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...d.php?p=147639

Comment

Was chatting with ionapaul for a couple of minutes after his hilarious parking job, havent seen it mentioned yet but is any of the lads from here gonna be doing any updates from the event this weekend?
                                            Ah, I only parked like that to get out to have a chat with you before you went into the Burlo! Normally my parking is slightly better!

Comment

oh, just one thing I saw from my research.
                                              These sun lamp alarms use 100W bulbs. Which we cannot get anymore I think
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Bozzer View Post
                                                I know Fed has owned Djokovic at the Open the last 3 years, but I wouldn't be surprised if this match is a lot closer. Djokovic is playing really well and he's got his serve back after Todd Martin had fucked it up.
                                                Djokovic has played well but wait and see whether he can produce it when it really matters here. Fed has owned him everywhere in the slams, melbourne 08 aside when he had mono. I think Djokovic has a big psychological hurdle to overcome to win this match and I have my doubts whether he will do it with all the chips in the middle.
                                                Hopefully they both play at the level they had in the QF as it will make it an awesome spectacle.

Comment

Been listening to this album on the back of a post on 2+2! Really good album.

Originally posted by 2+2 Halowax
                                                  My Tl: DR <3 Rant for Menomena's Mines. Cliffs at bottom.

Haven't stopped by this thread in a while, but if ya'll haven't listened to Menomena's Mines, yet, you need to immediately set aside an hour to throw on the headphones and take a walk in the rain, or lie on your back with your eyes closed, or take a drive to nowhere and get lost in this masterpiece. It's my favorite album of the year, and it's not really close (The Monitor is still visible in the Rearview, but that is about it).

The production is impeccable. The arrangements aren't sparse but they are lean, and well revised. Though they employ a variety of instruments throughout a song, it is rare that more than 4 sounds are being simultaneously employed so the songs never feel claustrophobic and every sound can breath. The songs are extremely dynamic, both rhythmically and melodically compelling, yet harmonically simple, often using no more than 4 chords to shape a song; chords that are usually just suggested by the bass line and a counter melody on the guitar or piano; almost never struck or strummed in full. There are so many little melodic flourishes riddled throughout the album that may appear only once in a song, and you know every single note on the album is deliberate, carefully placed after thorough review by the three masterminds.

And it is recorded in a way... I don't really have the language to describe it, but it just sounds sooooooo ****ing good. The drums and bass are so big, yet so clear. The vocals are equally lush and the harmonies are fantastic, never seeming excessive or used to mask the limitations of each of the three vocalists, who all hold down the lead spot at different times throughout the album. In fact, instead, it seems as if they shamelessly push the boundaries of their vocal talents, despite not possessing the most naturally gifted pipes.

As far as the lyrics go, this album is bursting with genuine emotional content. Despite how unguarded, maudlin, nostalgic, and somewhat simplistic the songs are, they never comes across as cheesy, imo. I couldn't imagine anyone ever laughing at one of these songs or describing them as "emo", though they are very emotionally intense songs. Man, the best I can say, is a few the songs are absolutely overwhelming... the first time I listened to the album I was driving across Nebraska and just burst out in tears during the middle of "Tithe", when Danny Seim is repeating "Nothing Sounds Appealing"

As far as standouts go, I'd say pretty much all the songs where the drummer, Danny Seim, takes lead vocal duties are my favorite. Dude is so ****ing good at drums, and writes twisted, haunting songs, that destroy me... pretty heroic.

That was a lot of rambling, just ****ing listen to the album. Damn shame it kind of got lost in the music press during the rampage of the Arcade Fire Hype Machine.

Cliffs: Have you been listening to Mines everyday? No? You're an idiot.
                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x-cIeM8s5k[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z24nM-K5jlI[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Just heard an ad for Hurts new album on Today FM and I saw one the other day on TV3, they're gonna be huge, once more people listen to them they'll explode!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                      @ anyone that went to EP, were Hurts or Dan Le Sac v SP any good???
                                                      Dan le Sac v SP were brilliant - only a pity that they were on in the little big tent as they would have drawn a much bigger crowd. Loads of crowd interaction and a great vibe about the gig

Comment

Just heard an ad for Hurts new album on Today FM and I saw one the other day on TV3, they're gonna be huge, once more people listen to them they'll explode!!
                                                        I am just downloading it at the moment, looking forward to giving it a listen.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                          its not that long, better not be
                                                          It depends on quite a few factors but if you're smoking a few every night then there's a decent chance it will take a month.

Originally posted by pocketdooz View Post
                                                          This was great Hotspur - thanks a million.
                                                          How did you find these - would you happen to have Level 2 aswell?
                                                          Cheers, much appreciated.
                                                          www.filestube.com They have the lot.

You wake up really naturally and when alarm goes off you are kind of lying there just waiting on it!
                                                          Oh behave!

Comment

Looking to but a new desktop/laptop. I currently have a desktop and its just really really slow when i have google chrome, pokertracker and a Poker client running.
                                                            I just want a basic package really. It will mainly be used for browsing the internet, playing poker, running pokertracker. Willing to spend ~€400.

Also, I already have a very good 22 inch screen so that really doesnt matter.

Comment

just did the mythical 8 sneezes in a row = orgasm

Definitely not true, and very irritating

Comment

Looking to but a new desktop/laptop. I currently have a desktop and its just really really slow when i have google chrome, pokertracker and a Poker client running.
                                                                I just want a basic package really. It will mainly be used for browsing the internet, playing poker, running pokertracker. Willing to spend ~€400.

Discussed here

Apart from Dell where can I buy a Desktop PC online with the following

Dabs.ie looks good.
                                                                Last edited by kincsem; 09-09-10, 13:22.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                  Nothing really there that helps me.

Id probably prefer a laptop but not too picky.

I dont want a monitor really

I dont really want Office.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                    Genius!

Opr
                                                                    Free Labels for covering up the health warnings on UK cigarettes

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                      Which speedtest app did you use?
                                                                      The official speedtest.net app.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                      Ah, I only parked like that to get out to have a chat with you before you went into the Burlo! Normally my parking is slightly better!
                                                                      Yeah i was expecting you to slide across the bonnet Dukes of Hazard style

Comment

dell outlet might be your only man.
                                                                        I'll say it again though, I bought a fantastic bit of kit in WalMart in the states for 270 euro.

Comment

How much of a retard to do you have to be to let somebody do this to you??? Topless chick and some kind of flaming alcohol i think involved.

[NSFW="!"][/NSFW]

Comment

Cheers lads
                                                                            Did it twice just there. First time 3200 down, second time 3021 down. Over 1100 up both times with ping of around 999.

Comment

Cheers lads
                                                                              On WIFI at home this is the result

Download 3260 kpbs
                                                                              Upload 4620 kpbs
                                                                              Ping: 31ms

My broadband is shite, max download speed on rapidshare is always under 500 kbps

O2

Download 2229 kpbs
                                                                              Upload 690kpbs
                                                                              Ping 146ms

Comment

when i looked at their fb page first they had a couple of thousands fans. last time i looked it was over 90k

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                  Did it twice just there. First time 3200 down, second time 3021 down. Over 1100 up both times with ping of around 999.
                                                                                  speed is decent but those ping times are ridic

Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

That's from my phone. I doing know why the ping is so bad from it. Assumed it was to do with the mobile network.

Comment

How much of a retard to do you have to be to let somebody do this to you??? Topless chick and some kind of flaming alcohol i think involved.

[NSFW="!"][/NSFW]
                                                                                      Is that Steve - o blowing the flame?

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

The tests are from a phone so pings arent gonna be great. Actually while on the subject of speeds i read over in the broadband forum on boards that UPC are gonna be soon rolling out speeds of 100megs down awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                          Is that Steve - o blowing the flame?
                                                                                          Could well be does kinda look like him.

Comment

Who here lives in the UK at the moment?

There is an advert for a new tablet to help you sleep (for all you insomniacs) I know Nytol is banned here but there is a new tablet advertised on the telly at the minute and may be available.

I used nytol and loved the deep sleep I had with it.
                                                                                            Got these in the corner shop in Vegas a few years back. Got a stock on ebay last year for the odd stressy week.

Mainly use these now though.
                                                                                            Valerian Tea
                                                                                            Or
                                                                                            Valerian Relax Formula
                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The tests are from a phone so pings arent gonna be great. Actually while on the subject of speeds i read over in the broadband forum on boards that UPC are gonna be soon rolling out speeds of 100megs down awesome!
                                                                                              a lad I worked with was in the test area for that a while back and got speeds like that for a while.

Comment

Do I need to install an ap to do the speed test on my desire.

Did it off the site and got 3.88 down and 0.99 up. 158 ping. I wasn't on 3g though, switched to that H icon.
                                                                                                Last edited by RasTa; 09-09-10, 14:20.

Comment

Do I need to install an ap to do the speed test on my desire.
                                                                                                  just do a search on the market for speedtest and install three speedtest.net app.

Comment

Can't stop listening to this song since I heard it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaSw523SuJU[/ame]

Comment

Just get what you need from the Dell Outlet store - you'll get a good piece of kit sans monitor for €400, make sure the CPU is beefy enough and you've 4GB+ of RAM and you'll be flying.

Comment

Could well be does kinda look like him.
                                                                                                        Jackass team are just finishing up a 3D film at the moment so expect that to make an appearance I'd imagine.
                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I thought that was a joke act when I heard it. He makes Bono look cool.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                            a lad I worked with was in the test area for that a while back and got speeds like that for a while.
                                                                                                            Yeah seems pretty crazy, talk about it costing around €80 a month. UPC in Holland broadband is pretty well priced, could pick up 60meg down for less than i pay for 30meg here.

✓ Internet waar je op kunt rekenen ✓ Stabiel, snel en veilig internet ✓ Perfecte wifi door SmartWifi ✓ Overstappen zonder gedoe en eenvoudig geïnstalleerd

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                            Jackass team are just finishing up a 3D film at the moment so expect that to make an appearance I'd imagine.
                                                                                                            Yeah looking forward to the movie

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaSw523SuJU
                                                                                                              That's some of the worst songwriting I have ever heard in my life. Pretentious unrhythmic 14 year oldesque lyric writing ftl.

Comment

I thought that was a joke act when I heard it. He makes Bono look cool.
                                                                                                                Cool? Mneh, just like the song.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                  Did you win that tourn last night Keith or did Justin Bieber teach you a lesson?

Comment

Are businessmen getting younger?
                                                                                                                    I saw this on RTE a few days ago and ordered a bog oak pen.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7e6J34_9-U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7e6J34_9-U[/ame]

Comment

Did you win that tourn last night Keith or did Justin Bieber teach you a lesson?
                                                                                                                      Got them to split it 5 ways after I had lost 2/3 of my stack in a pretty standard spot but had 7BB and the chipleader (Italian guy) had ~30BB but we took an even chop and did a flip for the tourney points.

Great result for me (170 euro increase on 5th and I was in bad shape) but the tourney was a total crapshoot at that stage anyway. That guy Evan was a decent kid, he had a good sense of humour about the whole thing. It was a fun table. Even that boxer lad took his knock out well
                                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

its been a while since I've done this

I am Alexei Ghenova. I have a $18M charity disbursement offer for you, are you interested?

thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                                          Djokovic has played well but wait and see whether he can produce it when it really matters here. Fed has owned him everywhere in the slams, melbourne 08 aside when he had mono. I think Djokovic has a big psychological hurdle to overcome to win this match and I have my doubts whether he will do it with all the chips in the middle.
                                                                                                                          Hopefully they both play at the level they had in the QF as it will make it an awesome spectacle.
                                                                                                                          I think it will be a very close match anyway. Fed is more prone to losing focus the occasional game than before which will give djokovic a chance if he's playing like he can. I still fancy Fed in maybe 4 though

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X