This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
    I've never actually admitted this before, but I don't particularly like any of the the Die Hard films. I don't hate them, but don't love them the way lots of other people seem to.
    There is no place for you on these forums. Please leave now.

Comment

Anyone want to swap €55 on Stars for Paddy Power so I can play the league thing? I'll send 1st.

Apparently my name on pp is DesolationAngel

Loong time since I've used it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
        Zuutroy don't be so quick to dismiss a woman who hasn't seen Back to the Future III, thinks Die Hard films are blah, and isn't a fan of Groundhog Day. And Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is hardly Star Wars in terms of iconic must see movies.

Frankly I think you may be onto a winner.
        But she doesn't like Bill Murray how the fck is she going to be able to live with anyone sane
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          But she doesn't like Bill Murray how the fck is she going to be able to live with anyone sane
          I like Murray, I would like that on record. I would say that I have seen almost non of his films on IMDB from the past decade, the only exception being The Royal Tenenbaums. But Garfield, Garfield 2, and Get Smart aren't high on my must watch list atm.

IMDB says there's a Ghostbusters III coming out in 2012. I wonder what the record is for the longest break between a film and a sequel.

Comment

Originally Posted by sligboi
            Hey folks,

don't fancy depositing money on Paddys for the IPB league so if anyone wants money on Boyles between now and then just give me a PM and we'll sort something out. Only willing to swap between €10 and €50 though.
            Anyone?
            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I've never seen any of the Star Wars films

Comment

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is.
                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

LOL at how dumb people are , from the Numeracy study published today

Attached Files

Comment

I would be more worried about the person that published such a terrible graph! Only 7 people had the right answer imo.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                      I would be more worried about the person that published such a terrible graph! Only 7 people had the right answer imo.
                      Really ?
                      I thought it was absolutely clear and that those 7 were the most LOL thing about it.
                      I'll betcha Zuroph understood it

Comment

After buying Modern Warfare 2 the weekend i have completed it already. Can anyone suggest any decent games similiar to this for the XBOX. Is Splinter Cell Conviction any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                          After buying Modern Warfare 2 the weekend i have completed it already. Can anyone suggest any decent games similiar to this for the XBOX. Is Splinter Cell Conviction any good?
                          Gears of War is great, get them both.
                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Get the first one, try playing it online and see how your sanity goes, this gets released in the next couple of days.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4kvSIIWqEs[/ame]
                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Where can I find the numeracy study?

Found it: Powerpoint file:
                              Last edited by hotspur; 06-09-10, 15:16.

Comment

Really ?
                                I thought it was absolutely clear and that those 7 were the most LOL thing about it.
                                I'll betcha Zuroph understood it
                                Its clear after a second look but still horrible graphical presentation. People are naturally inclined to draw conclusions from pictures over numbers.

Comment

Is the wording 'huge increase' not a bit misleading?

nm, I thought he correct/incorrect were relating to his comment. didn't see the answer, lol.
                                  Last edited by careca; 06-09-10, 15:25.

Comment

MW2 is only a short game, the real fun is in the "play online" part...

Level 70 is where the fun is at. Be warned that some people are outrageously good and annoying though

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      Its clear after a second look but still horrible graphical presentation. People are naturally inclined to draw conclusions from pictures over numbers.
                                      yes but the question leads you to think that the tv reporter may be trying to mislead you, by showing you a graph that is twisted to look like the result he wants.

the clue is in the question obv, and just confirms the "Irish people = sheep" theory. Just look at the first lisbon ref.
                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                        ^^^needs to understand where the "question" starts.
                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I think that's the point of the question.

What I can't understand is how some of the people come to the answers they do. Like the mp3 player question:
                                          €200 plus 21% VAT = ?
                                          6% of people came up with €220 and 3% €240.

How do you think they came up with those figures? They are obviously not guessing randomly or it wouldn't have got that high a %. So how are they calculating it? The 11% who got €221 I can understand how arrived at that at least.

Comment

That's the point its the kind of nonsense the tabloids go on with, what is it ... 7 in 508 which is about 1.3 - 1.4% that's not huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                              ^^^needs to understand where the "question" starts.
                                              I think that's the point of the question.

What I can't understand is how some of the people come to the answers they do. Like the mp3 player question:
                                              €200 plus 21% VAT = ?
                                              6% of people came up with €220 and 3% €240.

How do you think they came up with those figures? They are obviously not guessing randomly or it wouldn't have got that high a %. So how are they calculating it? The 11% who got €221 I can understand how arrived at that at least.
                                              ya, see edit. Thought the correct/incorrect were relating to his comment, didn't actually see the answer.

Comment

The test is all about the graph on the right ye dullards. Should add up to 100% obv.
                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

oh god what a hangover!

Completely worth it though!

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                    The test is all about the graph on the right ye dullards. Should add up to 100% obv.
                                                    not the only mistake made by the statisticians either. in the visual based calculation, they "deem correct" answers within +/- 3 of the "absolutely correct" answer of 36, yet 35 is counted as an incorrect answer. Doesn't anyone proof read these things anymore? makes them look like a bunch of cowboys tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                      i've only ever seen bits and piece of it from tv

Comment

Let's burn the National Literacy Agency down so this never happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                          I hadn't seen them since I was young so checked them out recently expecting to either love or hate them since they're such cult kinda movies. I ended up thinking they were all quite decent, somewhere around average...Wouldn't be in a rush to watch them again though.
                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

This is England is on tonight on C4. Cracking film if you haven't seen it.

Also the PPP game tonight should be linked to Dragon's Den - anytime a dragon declares that they are out the next person to act has to raise!

Comment

Let's burn the National Literacy Agency down so this never happens again.
                                                              At least everybody got one question right.....
                                                              Attached Files
                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                not the only mistake made by the statisticians either. in the visual based calculation, they "deem correct" answers within +/- 3 of the "absolutely correct" answer of 36, yet 35 is counted as an incorrect answer. Doesn't anyone proof read these things anymore? makes them look like a bunch of cowboys tbh
                                                                on the second question, the area in square metres is given with a "€" at the front also.

I wonder how many people fluked the last question just because it was a cheaper item.
                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

This is England is on tonight on C4. Cracking film if you haven't seen it.
                                                                  They have a spin-off series based on the same film with some of the same cast and Meadows directing starting tomorrow. Could be brilliant.
                                                                  "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                    They have a spin-off series based on the same film with some of the same cast and Meadows directing starting tomorrow. Could be brilliant.
                                                                    Actually does anyone know what the song is in the ads that have been on C4 for the spin-off series?

Comment

heh, some girl who added me on facebook a long time back just suggested i like someone with the same surname as her. had a look, he's an apprentice contestant for this year. how to reply...
                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                        Actually does anyone know what the song is in the ads that have been on C4 for the spin-off series?
                                                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjw7m-BKmQ8&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

A reminder for any of you who are around town and in need of cheering up because the summer is over. Comedy downstairs in Pacino's tonight on Suffolk Street 9ish, get in for €4 if you mention poker.

/ my shilling for my friend's club. He's a poker player so, eh, meh.

Comment

This greyhound in New Zealand is an aeroplane. Very Scurlogue Champ-esque. Maybe even more impressive given it's eight dog races down there. The second one is phenomenal.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMBg31TDaiw&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N00T72OqEcA[/ame]

Comment

A quick heads-up Caroline Wozniacki is facing Maria Sharapova in the US Open this evening. A top quality match-up is guaranteed.
                                                                              Tennis shouldn't be bad either.

Comment

Ok BBV, any of ye lads with good electronic tastes help me out with the following;

I have been gifted decent hi fi seperates, i.e. amp, CD player and a good pair of speakers. Prob is all my music is now on computer. I'd also love to be able to play internet radio / you tube / poker tube through the speakers. and this being the 21st century I'd like to do this wirelessly.

So I'm hoping there is some kind of gizmo which is portable and communicates wirelessly with my amp? I looked a bit on line and this seems to be what I'm after:

Following hard on the heels of the nifty Squeezebox Duet, Logitech's Squeezebox Touch is a neat way to create a multiroom system

basically it's be great to have a a little remote control sized yolk with a screen that I could select tracks and / or internet radio stations on, or I could set to play whatever my computer is doing. I know there are digital radio tuners, or I could get an I trip for an I-Pod and do it that way. But an all in one option would be the ideal.

Anyone any ideas or experience of the above linked item?

Comment

My niece and nephew are going to be very disappointed. An air traffic controller strike in France tomorrow means they won't be going on their family holiers. Poor little uns
                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afpc_EcohcY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afpc_EcohcY[/ame]

Watch from 1:50 for next 30 seconds.
                                                                                    Choreographed.

Comment

Anybody got a decent promotion code for siging up to PPP??

Comment

Play MW2 online like the guys said, it's savage but prepare to put almost everybody on mute and leave your brain at the door.

If you are going to play xbox live, fifa and left 4 dead 2 are my other faves. L4D2 playing as the zombies is about as much fun as you can have on the xbox imo.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                          Play MW2 online like the guys said, it's savage but prepare to put almost everybody on mute and leave your brain at the door.

If you are going to play xbox live, fifa and left 4 dead 2 are my other faves. L4D2 playing as the zombies is about as much fun as you can have on the xbox imo.
                                                                                          L4D2 on the pc > L4D2 on the xbox
                                                                                          Any1 play it on PC?

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                                                                            L4D2 on the pc > L4D2 on the xbox
                                                                                            Any1 play it on PC?
                                                                                            ldo, and same goes for mw2 and all fps/rts. I thought the ps3 and xbox360 would kill pc gaming online when they were released as they are so easy for any arse monkey to pick up play plus you don't need to be tech minded to get them working either but the platform looks stronger than ever imo.

Comment

Less than 45 mins to get in for the first game of our IWF league. Roll up roll up fishies....

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                Less than 45 mins to get in for the first game of our IWF league. Roll up roll up fishies....
                                                                                                I just regged - I can't pay at all

Comment

Should get a big game of MW2 goig again soon, was good craic! PS3

Haven't played it in a good while now. Can't wait for Black Op's in November, looks really good.

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                                                                                                    Ok BBV, any of ye lads with good electronic tastes help me out with the following;

I have been gifted decent hi fi seperates, i.e. amp, CD player and a good pair of speakers. Prob is all my music is now on computer. I'd also love to be able to play internet radio / you tube / poker tube through the speakers. and this being the 21st century I'd like to do this wirelessly.

So I'm hoping there is some kind of gizmo which is portable and communicates wirelessly with my amp? I looked a bit on line and this seems to be what I'm after:

Following hard on the heels of the nifty Squeezebox Duet, Logitech's Squeezebox Touch is a neat way to create a multiroom system

basically it's be great to have a a little remote control sized yolk with a screen that I could select tracks and / or internet radio stations on, or I could set to play whatever my computer is doing. I know there are digital radio tuners, or I could get an I trip for an I-Pod and do it that way. But an all in one option would be the ideal.

I have the duet version, it comes with a much better remote but that touch screen looks really handy. It plays all the music on your pc/podcast/internet radio etc over your network, but it plays it though it's own software. Not sure if there's a way to output your computer to it so that it plays what your computer is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post

PL uses the Squeezbox but IMO dedicate a cheap or an old laptop for connecting to the HiFi is the best man for the job.

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                      My niece and nephew are going to be very disappointed. An air traffic controller strike in France tomorrow means they won't be going on their family holiers. Poor little uns
                                                                                                      My Brother has been left high and dry as well. Fckn Unions.

Comment

Back to college today. College bar has been sorely missed.

Comment

donkament started.
                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I like Murray, I would like that on record. I would say that I have seen almost non of his films on IMDB from the past decade, the only exception being The Royal Tenenbaums. But Garfield, Garfield 2, and Get Smart aren't high on my must watch list atm.

IMDB says there's a Ghostbusters III coming out in 2012. I wonder what the record is for the longest break between a film and a sequel.
                                                                                                            One of the most gifted actors of his generation imo, give broken flowers, lost in translation and life aquatic a watch all from last decade all pretty excellent.

Remember something about him giving an interview about doing the garfield movie, where he thought the director was going to be someone else and that was the only reason he signed up to do the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                              I have the duet version, it comes with a much better remote but that touch screen looks really handy. It plays all the music on your pc/podcast/internet radio etc over your network, but it plays it though it's own software. Not sure if there's a way to output your computer to it so that it plays what your computer is doing.
                                                                                                              yes it can. i've got a squeeze box also and can control any squeezebox i have (i've only got one but the principle still applies) from my PC to play anything i want from my PC and which is playing on my PC.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                                                                                                One of the most gifted actors of his generation imo, give broken flowers, lost in translation and life aquatic a watch all from last decade all pretty excellent.

Remember something about him giving an interview about doing the garfield movie, where he thought the director was going to be someone else and that was the only reason he signed up to do the movie.
                                                                                                                he thought it was written by the coen brothers, when in fact it was written by mr Cohen. he only realised his mistake once in the studio when doing the voice over.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                  yes it can. i've got a squeeze box also and can control any squeezebox i have (i've only got one but the principle still applies) from my PC to play anything i want from my PC and which is playing on my PC.
                                                                                                                  but can you connect it up so that it plays the output from your pc? like if you're watching a movie/youtube etc?

Comment

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post
                                                                                                                    Should get a big game of MW2 goig again soon, was good craic! PS3

Haven't played it in a good while now. Can't wait for Black Op's in November, looks really good.
                                                                                                                    Stupid American dates i was reading as been released this week, bollox!!!
                                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                                      but can you connect it up so that it plays the output from your pc? like if you're watching a movie/youtube etc?
                                                                                                                      not sure tbh as i only use it for music but he only wants to interface with his amp, so i was assuming music only?

Comment

Oh just do one!!

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (10 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t1830)
                                                                                                                        MP3 (t1990)
                                                                                                                        CO (t1970)
                                                                                                                        Button (t1970)
                                                                                                                        Hero (SB) (t1980)
                                                                                                                        BB (t2000)
                                                                                                                        UTG (t2130)
                                                                                                                        UTG+1 (t2000)
                                                                                                                        UTG+2 (t2000)
                                                                                                                        MP1 (t2130)

Hero's M: 66.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q
                                                                                                                        4 folds, MP2 bets t80, 3 folds, Hero raises t230, 1 fold, MP2 calls t160

Flop: (t500) 4, 6, 8 (2 players)
                                                                                                                        Hero bets t300, MP2 raises t1590 (All-In), Hero calls t1290

Turn: (t3680) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t3680) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t3680

Convertor not working properly for some reason..he had A5o obv
                                                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                          FUCK forgot all about this

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X