• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
    Bad weekend of near misses.

Wales Scotland to draw at 20 to 1. Poxy injury time try pipped it
    Duval to win the At@T at 40 to 1. Poxy birdie on the last hole pipped him
    Gimmeabreaks sure thing, Poxy pipped on the post in a driving finish agianst non other than A.P . Mcoy.

NO more gambols for me for a while I can't take any more pippings, despite the above I made a tiny profit thanks to Eagle eye on Friday Meh.

Although my tip for the matchplay this weekend is our own MElroy He will at least make the semi after his wee rest from his sore back. Is it the year of the Tiger now since Yesterday. Where is the tiger?
    Not exactly our own Wille http://www.rte.ie/sport/golf/2009/0929/mcilroyr.html .
    He could be worth a squeez though. Ul with Duval i was gutted for him. He was the only one who seem composed out of the lot of them in that final round.

Looking forward to the matchplay, few doubles and trebles on the early days. Fisher is an excellent matchplayer so he will be in the early ones along with the Mac and Ogilvy. Two 4/6 and one 5/6 from their first round matches would be nice.

Comment

FML....Herself beat me in the snooker
      "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Gonna be an interesting day, have my first consultation meeting this afternoon and the 30 day dance with death begins then. Mad to think that its 18 days after being told that my role is gone and I'm at risk before I finally get a meeting to discuss it and explore options.

From looking at the org charts and knowing broadly what vacancies there are I cant see there being much for me this time round though, so the meeting will also be about starting the process of trying to secure a better payout than the paltry one they are offering.
        GL with this Kev....
        "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

weren't pipped though were you.
          I thought this was my time
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Nasty ol' train crash in Belgium on a train I was on a good few times.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
              Ep4 of Spartacus was pretty good IMO
              Yeah its defo an entertaining show, some serious gore and sex scenes.

SPOILER
              fighting down in the pits and your man cuts the other guys face off to wear as a mask

Also best of luck Kev.

Finkle is Einhorn = Eddie Durkin is pgodkin??? Has to be correct?
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                Nasty ol' train crash in Belgium on a train I was on a good few times.
                I only ever took the train from Brussels to Bruge. Was it that line or some other one. It seems fk'd up that a head on collision can happen these days. Now I feel bad compalining about my near misses the weekend.

Which reminds me, who had in their signature that a near miss is an actual hit, they should be called near hits if they are misses

Comment

No Bruges is off to the Northwest where Halle is in the Southwest

Comment

Its pretty weird to hear Gabe crack a joke and not have AJ laughing beside him.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                      Its pretty weird to hear Gabe crack a joke and not have AJ laughing beside him.

Opr
                      I only ever really tuned in to hear Gabe taking the mickey out of AJ

and to watch Eli making poo-faces as he tried to make a decision

Comment

Just read the weekends contributions,

Few things,

1) People need to get over the O'Gara / Sexton debate, we are blessed to have two top notch OH's and they will share game time between now and the WC. We have a big problem in the front row, a significant problem at FB and a small problem at SH. These need to be adressed right away not the OH position. Gerry Flannery is a Cnut.

2) Bray is a lovely place to live. I dont live there anymore but grew up in Bray and all of my mates live in Bray. If you get past the knacker element that every town has its a lovely place with loads to do and some great pubs.

3) Valentines day sucks balls. First one single in 4 years and I have to say only when you are single can you appreciate what a load of bollocks it is. Stick it up your gash IMO.

4) Does anyone know if I was in the SE on Saturday night? If so, what happened to all my money?

Thanks.

Edit to say that I cant believe CHD was bashing Bray. He lives in Kilcoole and if anyone doesnt know what thats like, let me just tell you it is teh pits.

Comment

500 members

Comment

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
                            never prop betting with u again simple as !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            wana bet on that?
                            GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

Few things,

1) People need to get over the O'Gara / Sexton debate, we are blessed to have two top notch OH's and they will share game time between now and the WC. We have a big problem in the front row, a significant problem at FB and a small problem at SH. These need to be adressed right away not the OH position. Gerry Flannery is a Cnut.
                              We currently have a significant problem at FB only due to injury to Kearney. In the long term this isn't a problem I don't think. Obviously it would be better to have more strength in depth in this position, but that is the case for the whole team, and not just at FB.

I believe we have a greater problem at SH. I have never believed O Leary was up to this standard of rugby, and the match the other day has reinforced that belief. I dont know what needs to be done, but if nothing is done SH will be a serious weak link for us come WC time. Jim Glennon was on the radio the other day basically saying Reddan meh, bring back Stringer. Not the solution imo, this 6N Championship is lost and I believe we should be looking towards the WC with team selections now.

Everyone knows about the problems in the front row, no need for me to regurgitate them.

Agreed, Flannery comes across a tosser. What he did was stupid and pointless.

Comment

3) Valentines day sucks balls. First one single in 4 years and I have to say only when you are single can you appreciate what a load of bollocks it is. Stick it up your gash IMO.
                                what happened to that laydee who was in the Aquarium with you one night?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                  500 members
                                  Soon you'll need admin layers, feedback sections, dispute resolution procedures and suchlike.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    Soon you'll need admin layers, feedback sections, dispute resolution procedures and suchlike.
                                    not to mention demodding and random deleting of popular threads

Comment

Comment

Few things,

2) Bray is a lovely place to live. I dont live there anymore but grew up in Bray and all of my mates live in Bray. If you get past the knacker element that every town has its a lovely place with loads to do and some great pubs.

4) Does anyone know if I was in the SE on Saturday night? If so, what happened to all my money?

Thanks.

Edit to say that I cant believe CHD was bashing Bray. He lives in Kilcoole and if anyone doesnt know what thats like, let me just tell you it is teh pits.
                                        Yes you did make an appearance on Saturday night, no seat for you so you went and hit the table games. Sounds like it went awesome

Comment

Walked over to a lecture in the rain only to find it was cancelled. So instead I went to dunnes and got a 1l bottle of Smirnoff for €19.99. Might stock up at that price

Comment

Woke up 45 mins ago.

Alarm was set for 7am. Think I must've pressed snooze about 45 times in a row...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              The answer is in the question IMO
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                Woke up 45 mins ago.

Alarm was set for 7am. Think I must've pressed snooze about 45 times in a row...
                                                sleep is the new money apparently so you're a very prosperous individual

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  The answer is in the question IMO
                                                  just wondering

(she was too good for the likes of him anyway )

Comment

He got an aquarium surprise when he brought her home!!
                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Little over 100k views for the BBV.

Comment

She got the bullet there about 6 months ago, she had a severe case of the crazies to be fair to her, nice enough girl but very jealous. She stuck a mad little rant in PI on boards after we broke up that was quite funny. Were still amicable and she has a new fella so I'm happy for her in that regard.

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                        Yes you did make an appearance on Saturday night, no seat for you so you went and hit the table games. Sounds like it went awesome
                                                        Thats awesome news. Thanks for that Danny, I remember seeing you now allright thanks for filling me in

just wondering

(she was too good for the likes of him anyway )
                                                        Easy now I'm a serious catch! Ah no she was very attractive to be fair to her. As Mark from Peep Show once said, she had that wonderful combination of good looks and low self esteem!!

Comment

Does anyone know how long it takes for Revenue to issue rent relief payments?

Comment

Durrr is playing a $1 45man SnG with me at the moment...

EDIT: he bust me when he limped UTG, I raised AQo on the BB and he shoved. I instacalled. J8s monster..
                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 15-02-10, 15:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                              Yeah, or 40 lengths of a normal pool. By normal, the ones the average person is familiar with. What I swam was equal to about 50 lengths.
                                                              But there really is no comparison between Sea and Pool distance. I completely overlooked the fact that you don't have a wall to push off every 25/50m. This what mad is so much tougher.
                                                              No, No, No, No!!!!

Turning every 25meters really slows you down. You should get a much faster time without walls. Waves will slow you down though, compared to a pool.

Comment

anyone here going to play the Student Tournie in DCU tonight? Think I may head up...

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                  There is too many Chinese people in the world imo
                                                                  Have you seen my Avatar? I might have to change it now though

Comment

anyone here going to play the Student Tournie in DCU tonight? Think I may head up...
                                                                    Details?

Comment

Standard €10 freezout. 6:30pm kick off in the old bar.

Comment

I find what slows me down in swimming is very poor technique, in my 20s one of my ambitions was to do an Ironman, my cycling and running were very good , but my swimming was piss poor, too mamy fecking parts moving.. Ragin I didn't get my technique corrected. Too proud so I was. As I mentioned on here (the interweb) before, the biggest humiliation was being beaten in a race by a waterpolo player doing the breast stroke ans me doing the crawl. I even tried pulling at his feet to slow the fecker down.

Comment

She got the bullet there about 6 months ago, she had a severe case of the crazies to be fair to her, nice enough girl but very jealous. She stuck a mad little rant in PI on boards after we broke up that was quite funny. Were still amicable and she has a new fella so I'm happy for her in that regard.
                                                                          Linky?

Comment

Too proud so I was. As I mentioned on here (the interweb) before, the biggest humiliation was being beaten in a race by a waterpolo player doing the breast stroke ans me doing the crawl. I even tried pulling at his feet to slow the fecker down.
                                                                            No shame there, one of my cousins plays water polo. He could swim for a year without stopping. If you ever get a chance to play, give it a lash. You'll realise its a tough oul game. Keeping your shoulders above water is fucking tough!

Comment

Standard €10 freezout. 6:30pm kick off in the old bar.
                                                                              starting stack? levels/times reg fee?

Comment

Stack and levels are very flexible, game has to finish at certain time. I'm not privvy to the info. Its usually a bit of a mess to be honest, but its a bit of craic. You're supposed to be a member to play, but I'm pretty sure you'd get away without joining no bother.
                                                                                http://dcupokersoc.ie/ (website in tatters)

Comment

No shame there, one of my cousins plays water polo. He could swim for a year without stopping. If you ever get a chance to play, give it a lash. You'll realise its a tough oul game. Keeping your shoulders above water is fucking tough!
                                                                                  I'd love to play but the desire to heady the ball would be too much to resist.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    Linky?
                                                                                    Afraid not, posts in PI dont seem to show up? her username was Kiera12 I think. She only opened the account to stalk me, she was a bit paranoid.

Comment

Afraid not, posts in PI dont seem to show up? her username was Kiera12 I think. She only opened the account to stalk me, she was a bit paranoid.
                                                                                      Hi! I duno why im writing this up here up maybe it will get a few things off my mind!

Comment

Stack and levels are very flexible, game has to finish at certain time. I'm not privvy to the info. Its usually a bit of a mess to be honest, but its a bit of craic. You're supposed to be a member to play, but I'm pretty sure you'd get away without joining no bother.
                                                                                        http://dcupokersoc.ie/ (website in tatters)
                                                                                        i was messing by askin, ugh seems so long ago that i played in those tourneys, back then i used to take the money from Shadowless and then P_L took it from me - the good auld days

Comment

I'm literally in tears reading this, why didn't you just talk to her Eoghan? Why?
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                            Does anyone know how long it takes for Revenue to issue rent relief payments?
                                                                                            They took 3 days for me, very surprised.
                                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                              I'm literally in tears reading this, why didn't you just talk to her Eoghan? Why?
                                                                                              I seem to have opened a can of squirmy things

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf9oD_xl8mI[/ame]
                                                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

I find what slows me down in swimming is very poor technique, in my 20s one of my ambitions was to do an Ironman, my cycling and running were very good , but my swimming was piss poor, too mamy fecking parts moving.. Ragin I didn't get my technique corrected. Too proud so I was. As I mentioned on here (the interweb) before, the biggest humiliation was being beaten in a race by a waterpolo player doing the breast stroke ans me doing the crawl. I even tried pulling at his feet to slow the fecker down.
                                                                                                  you may have inadvertently had your revenge on him

I just went for my first swim in 2 months today, got quite a serious back injury before Xmas (lots of sciatic pain, problems bending etc) and my physio said it could be entirely down to breaststroke (very bad for your lower back area).

Comment

Originally posted by CoachBoone
                                                                                                    Sounds like a manipulative prick to me.
                                                                                                    awesome!

sorry Eoghan

Comment

awesome!

sorry Eoghan
                                                                                                      Originally posted by Mr. Incognito
                                                                                                      realise that he's being a tool.
                                                                                                      tut. wimmin!

Comment

a manipulative prick
                                                                                                        ..... and you'd think every girl would want one.
                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Don't worry Eoghan you prob picked her up in Dawson Street.

Lots of crazie wimmins drinking in Dawson street over the years. Walking down the stairs in one of thoes Sam Sara/Café en Seine places. (always mix those two up) I saw some chick staring at herself in the mirror on the way down to the jacks. I started singing 'you're so vain' and she turned around and flashed her boobs at me, then a bloke dressed in one of those 1980s suits with the dots on em, went mad with her(prob the fella) . He sez to me what are TOU fecking looking at.(stoopid question) 'Her TITS' sez I and walked on down to the jacks to try to take a slash though a knob that wouldn't point were I wanted it to anymore. I miss those Celtic tiger nights out and those ramdom crazy wimmins.

Comment

Can someone explain to me how the America's Cup works? The last competition went on for months with 12 teams competing and a best of 9 final.
                                                                                                            This time round, just 2 teams in a best off 3 which seems the equivalent of deciding the world series by a turbo SnG. Yet 100's of millions has been spent on constructing the boats.
                                                                                                            Surely, there should be a longer competition for it?

Comment

I can't believe you found that in 2 mins!!

awesome!

sorry Eoghan
                                                                                                              Yeh some of the replies were pretty LOL allright, those posts from her do make me look pretty bad, maybe I am ( I did bang the ex in question the night we broke up).

She is happy now in Spain tho with her new fella so good luck to her!

Comment

awesome!

sorry Eoghan
                                                                                                                Am I the only one disturbed by Dom's old avatar being used here?
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                                  Can someone explain to me how the America's Cup works? The last competition went on for months with 12 teams competing and a best of 9 final.
                                                                                                                  This time round, just 2 teams in a best off 3 which seems the equivalent of deciding the world series by a turbo SnG. Yet 100's of millions has been spent on constructing the boats.
                                                                                                                  Surely, there should be a longer competition for it?

Seems to be some legal stuff. And looking at the results over the years this head to head renewal seems to be what it is was at the start.

Comment

Yeh some of the replies were pretty LOL allright, those posts from her do make me look pretty bad, maybe I am ( I did bang the ex in question the night we broke up).

She is happy now in Spain tho with her new fella so good luck to her!

lol. BBV delivers. It's like a confessional in here.

P.S. I love the bits about lying where you are and pretending to be going to bed. Did you not explain to her that you are a degenerate poker player/gambler? That's the 100% standard line.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                      tell us your sins my son....

Comment

those posts from her do make me look pretty bad, maybe I am ( I did bang the ex in question the night we broke up).
                                                                                                                        BBV, helping you through Mondays

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

P.S. I love the bits about lying where you are and pretending to be going to bed. Did you not explain to her that you are a degenerate poker player/gambler? That's the 100% standard line.
                                                                                                                          I'm amazed she didn't mention meeting an incredibly handsome and suave acquaintance of the evil ex-boyfriend in the Aquarium one night

amazed!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X