X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
      Between it BBV and Iains facebook Boylepoker's productivity was brought down to 0 this afternoon!
      Shhhh Paul Spillane might be reading...oh wait...

Yeah the Iain/Liz/Doke triangle has more than a touch of werewolf about it. We need to figure out who's telling the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        wow, even my kid sister has a better writing style than liz. State should try to sue her teachers for a reclaim of the cost of educating her.
        lolol
        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

WOW that Facebook row is crazy

Liz does nothing for herself by constantly cussing
          http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Aaaand that's my shot at 50/1 over. Back down to rebuild and take another shot later:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($111)
            SB ($31.50)
            BB ($128.85)
            Hero (UTG) ($132)
            MP ($126.10)
            CO ($100)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q
            Hero bets $3.50, MP calls $3.50, CO calls $3.50, 3 folds

Flop: ($12) 6, 9, 8 (3 players)
            Hero bets $10, MP raises to $30, 1 fold, Hero raises to $75, MP raises to $122.60 (All-In), Hero calls $47.60

Turn: ($257.20) Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($257.20) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $257.20 | Rake: $3

Results:
            Hero had Q, Q (three of a kind, Queens).
            MP had 5, A (flush, Ace high).
            Outcome: MP won $254.20
            Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 10-06-10, 17:05. Reason: Wrong hand lol
            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              Did Olly go into mourning when RDIII went on his long holiday? No post from him in ages.
              lol. Even I get sick of listening to my economic realism/pessimism (dilute to taste). I was going to post something on the origins of the man love for El Tren the other day and then I saw the questions had been answered. Apart from that and congratulating Bless you on his big win this week I've had very little to say....I've been skim/reading lurking though. That and the Soccer/World cup discussion isn't my bag.

Not to be morbid but here's where my brain is at at the moment.

My 30 year old female cousin who is quite a healthy individual had a heart attack two weeks ago. My uncle aged 35 and in good health dropped dead last year and a former work colleague of mine aged 33 died last week having fought cancer for 4 years.....makes me wonder about how I spend my time.

Just hearing about Brian Vickers on the radio. Very very sad case. My thoughts are with the kids.
              Last edited by V for Vendetta; 10-06-10, 17:28.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post

she'd still get it though

Comment

Does anyone else keep going to thank some of the comments on facebook only to realise there's no thanks button!

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                    she'd still get it though
                    you Wolf

Comment

lol. gutted i couldnt see the read more bits.
                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Tom Kitt
                        5% of Ian is a decent chunk in fairness
                        28 seconds ago

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

It's a plot by both of them to boost listenership on da radio. I'll be glued to the wireless for the next instalment on the poker lounge and irish poker radio.
                            In other news Cowen got a semi roasting from Matt Cooper just there. Unfirended on facebook after that I'd say matt.

Comment

"Iain Cheyne is now friends with Danny Guiney and 10 other people."

Railbirds lol.

Comment

Olly, sorry to hear that. Not surprised all that happening would make you think about things.
                                It's not that I'm being particular morbid Michael it just strikes me that wasting time watching tv and putting off your goals seem silly in the extreme. Damn Ionapaul and his chucking in the job ways!!
                                Last edited by V for Vendetta; 10-06-10, 17:28.
                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Did you have to quote the whole thing again Hitchhiker?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                    It's a plot by both of them to boost listenership on da radio. I'll be glued to the wireless for the next instalment on the poker lounge and irish poker radio.
                                    In other news Cowen got a semi roasting from Matt Cooper just there. Unfirended on facebook after that I'd say matt.
                                    Roasting someone means that you know how to be tactfully mean (snarky) without being mean-spirited in poking fun at someone, teasing, ruthlessly ridiculing, trash talking, and even mocking them.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                      it doesn't work by aggregate earnings. I requested to go part time less than 12 months so as far as they're concerned, that's how my package is based. If they requested me to go part time it would be different. I checked all avenues and it seems they are right.

They defo overpaid me, because my weekly pay they based the whole package on included an extra 15% which is what my shift allowance was previously
                                      Take the money Tony. Not even a moments pause for thought for me.

Tbh given that most of these things are calculated by the HR bods they can often be wrong and nobody goes looking for mistakes once the money is paid out...

As for the part-time thing and F**king you over I can see their point somewhat. The good news is you'd have probably left anyway so at least you get something. Sounds like they were trying to increase the "natural attrition" over the last while anyway so you are as well off out of there.

Hopefully you get something good near your new home soon.

GL

Comment

wow, even my kid sister has a better writing style than liz. State should try to sue her teachers for a reclaim of the cost of educating her.
                                        In most situations it's very unbecoming of a lady to spell come as "cum".

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                          The werewolf thread really makes my head hurt...it's like a car crash, you just have to keep taking another look
                                          well I'm gonna tilt the fuck out of you in the after game thread

Comment

Yeah,Id normally be wary of the karma effect of taking the money Tony but in this instance its not even close. Binnage.

Facebook row=DIGNITY.

Comment

lol @ accepting friends requests from people so they can read your public fight imo

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                lol @ accepting friends requests from people so they can read your public fight imo
                                                Wouldn't want you guys to miss it now. All over i'm hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                  In most situations it's very unbecoming of a lady to spell come as "cum".
                                                  I don't know, I think it shows a girl has a certain je ne se pas
                                                  or whatever the french is for "less likely to say no"

Comment

this row has to be made into one of those annoying groups

Comment

Irish term to describe the feeling of when the sun comes out.warmhot
                                                      "Jays' its feckin Roasting (pronounced "Ro-ash-ten")out here Jim "

Im Roasted out of it sweating

This one gave me a lol.
                                                      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I don't really know Iain at all but I have met Doke and tbh I never thought he would ever stoop to the pathetic level of Beeeeeeeatch on facebook.

Iain is a beeeeeeeeacth too on there.

Its just so sad to see grown men go on like this.
                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Agree with EE, they're both coming across very badly and I wouldn't bother listening to either of their shows after this performance.

Comment

Guess where college finished.

Also, it seems after my exam break from poker finished I moved from 20/18 to 28/22. Wan't a conscious decision or anything.

Moral of the story: Don't play poker during college imo.

Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                              Agree with EE, they're both coming across very badly and I wouldn't bother listening to either of their shows after this performance.
                                                              BOOM the bubbleking podcast is back on

Comment

simple answer to all Walts problems in Breaking Bad .

"wont be home tonight honey found a reg high stakes game full of fish"

EZ money
                                                                You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                  Its way too long to screenshot
                                                                  Can someone give me a cliff notes of the history, I'm confused

Comment

RE: the IPR IPL "debate".

For our sake's, and for yours'

Comment

im done with it, its starting to bore me atm

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                        It's not that I'm being particular morbid Michael it just strikes me that wasting time watching tv and putting off your goals seem silly in the extreme. Damn Ionapaul and his chucking in the job ways!!
                                                                        Olly, just so you know one of the main things I'm planning to do during my time without structured employment is to finally catch up on all the TV and Movies I didn't have time to watch while a working man! The Wire beckons...then Jeeves and Wooster

FWIW as you say life if for living though and my philosophy since college has been to strive to be as financial independent as possible (from both employer or the government for that matter) so that once a job is no longer fulfilling or you just feel like doing something else, you feel no financial pressure if you decide take a few months out to reassess...being a wage slave, in thrall to your mortgage and paying tax to bail out the idiots who squandered the boom, is my idea of a life wasted.

Obviously it's easy for a man without a mortgage or wife or kids to say these things!

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post

Jesus she's making some show of herself. Whoever is right or wrong she is defo coming off the worst.

I wouldn't let her near a radio of I was doke

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                            Can someone give me a cliff notes of the history, I'm confused
                                                                            This kinda sums it up

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                                              Jesus she's making some show of herself. Whoever is right or wrong she is defo coming off the worst.

I wouldn't let her near a radio of I was doke
                                                                              you'd let her be on the posters though!

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                RE: the IPR IPL "debate".

For our sake's, and for yours'

Sorry. I thought it proper to answer the issues brought up. Not ideal but i think it had to be done as it was started in public.

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
                                                                                im done with it, its starting to bore me atm
                                                                                Was from start. I think things like this are normally best kept to a phone call or MSN. I'm Done, sorry it got a bit heated. But it is all over with now i'm sure.

Comment

I'm far from being a grammer Nazi but her failure to leave a space after a comma tilts the f*ck out of me!
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Kayroo would have a field day with her.

Comment

Brag: Heading to Spain on Saturday for a week!

Beat: Sunday- heavy rain predicted, Monday+ Tuesday- heavy rain with some thunder storms thrown in for good measure! FML

Variance: Prob doesn't make much difference either way because I'll be looking out on it from some bar anyway watching the world cup
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                        its short hand lol,maybe i use it a bit more than most,this wasnt to do with dara so please dont take any of it out on him,it was mostly my fault and i apologise,i didnt think an arguement on a fb page could attract so much attention,it was our personal pages not either of the shows pages and i certainly didnt realise it would blow up into this,and yes i do curse alot! sorry thats probably my worst habit sorry if this upset anybody but i genuinely didnt forsee it becoming a talking point as it was on our personal pages

Comment

You know another thing that gets me about queues at checkouts. Lets say theres 10 tills on the same ledge TK Maxx style lets say but only 3 are manned. Checkouts 1,2,3 up the top end are the ones manned and 7-10 are unmanned but the queue starts at till 10 and everyone stands compliant at till 10 leaving a big chasm between 3 and 10 like some diligent worker could come along at any moment and fill one of the vacant checkouts. Whats that about because its not going to happen EVER. Are people afraid if they shuffle up behind checkout 3 they will be gazumped by a checkout suddenly opening behind them in the meantime.Theres a 1% chance of that happening ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                            You know another thing that gets me about queues at checkouts. Lets say theres 10 tills on the same ledge TK Maxx style lets say but only 3 are manned. Checkouts 1,2,3 up the top end are the ones manned and 7-10 are unmanned but the queue starts at till 10 and everyone stands compliant at till 10 leaving a big chasm between 3 and 10 like some diligent worker could come along at any moment and fill one of the vacant checkouts. Whats that about because its not going to happen EVER. Are people afraid if they shuffle up behind checkout 3 they will be gazumped by a checkout suddenly opening behind them in the meantime.Theres a 1% chance of that happening ffs.
                                                                                            but how would you see the "please go to till 2" sign when it lights up??
                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

fuck u and ur podcast bubbleking,im gon2 break out and hav my own show.
                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

@kevIRL i see your in the soccer jersey tourney on pp tonight, i will be looking to win one myself tonight, gl

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                                  Ask hitchhiker imo. He seems good at it!
                                                                                                  This post deserved WAY more love.

As for the IPR/Iain/Doke/Liz thing, I know someone was slagging off Liz's writing but Iain, it's not dribble, it's drivel!
                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                    whats the first thing that gets you about queues at checkouts?

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                                                      but how would you see the "please go to till 2" sign when it lights up??
                                                                                                      On these the call would be by a livevocal "NEXT" said by the clerk filing her nails. The TKMaxx is only for visual effect in case some is thinking of superquinn style tills.
                                                                                                      But even if it had the light with the please go to till 2 audio then by standing just behind the last manned till you have a shorter walk and its less like a soup kitchen.

Comment

just on the note about txt speak and shortening of words,

do people think that in the not too distant future that it wil be like a new language,

even tho i'm only 20, i cannot understand my cousins posts on facebook and she is 15,

scary times ahead

Comment

one more time with feeling

Originally posted by liz:) View Post
                                                                                                          its short hand lol,maybe i use it a bit more than most,this wasnt to do with dara so please dont take any of it out on him,it was mostly my fault and i apologise,i didnt think an arguement on a fb page could attract so much attention,it was our personal pages not either of the shows pages and i certainly didnt realise it would blow up into this,and yes i do curse alot! sorry thats probably my worst habit sorry if this upset anybody but i genuinely didnt forsee it becoming a talking point as it was on our personal pages
                                                                                                          If it makes you feel any better there are well over 6 billion of us who
                                                                                                          didn't read it
                                                                                                          don't know what its about
                                                                                                          & couldn't give a flying fcuk either way

So I doubt it will follow you to the grave or cause wicked whispers next time your at the 10 items or less checkout

/
                                                                                                          Anyhu where was I:

Ahh yes; i remember my first visit to the Garden State.
                                                                                                          As we pulled into the driveway of the family I would be staying with
                                                                                                          I turned to my host and said:

"Garden state? state of yer garden more like, aaahhh hey sham, ya need to be plantin some nice purples flowers overs there, red wans in behind and some yellow yokes down the front to create a border.
                                                                                                          And another thing, ya should plant some onions and tomatoes up there in the corner, save ya a fortune in the long run"

I was quite uncouth in my wild and reckless horticultural youth

Now that the chit chat is over with:

Boards FF for the world cup

donators still welcome:

as pappa Still needs a new pair of everything

SPOILER
                                                                                                          is 3 posts enough pimping kev?

Comment

Originally posted by mickc View Post
                                                                                                            whats the first thing that gets you about queues at checkouts?

Careful now!
                                                                                                            Last edited by rounders123; 10-06-10, 18:52.

Comment

Only for the illiterate imo. I don't understand the whole txt speak thing though. I remember I was in a phase when i was much younger sending about 2k texts a day and I never resorted to it. I always found using the predictive thing faster/easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                Originally posted by liz:) View Post
                                                                                                                First off, it's not short hand, it's crap hand. Short hand is comprehensible.

Secondly, facebook is about as private as having a shouting match in a booth in Eddie Rockets. Sure, there's an illusion it's just 2 or 3 of you talking but in reality everyone is listening. Nobody who wants to keep a discussion or disagreement between themselves does it on a social networking website. Not really the appropriate venue wouldn't you agree? Your comment under Iain's (and I have no opinion whatsoever on its internal merits, I have no idea what's going on there to be totally honest) on his FB page was obviously designed to attract attention to your disagreement and embarrass him in a public manner and any assertion to the contrary would be disingenuous frankly.
                                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

heard this song in an ad and didnt recognise it as anything I heard from the white stripes before, looked it up, its not them, never even heard of this band, now looking forward to the album! if I hadnt looked it up I would have presumed it was WS
                                                                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEbBIswSsEA[/ame]
                                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                                    Only for the illiterate imo. I don't understand the whole txt speak thing though. I remember I was in a phase when i was much younger sending about 2k texts a day and I never resorted to it. I always found using the predictive thing faster/easier.
                                                                                                                    Thats the Clontarf upbringing. That instilled in you lad, tis in the blood love it or hate it your stuck with the good upbringing.

Comment

The use of Dribble is the thing that annoys me most too, O'Shea used it while having a go at Dara as well. I suppose its because I don't know if they think they are being extra funny or if they are just misunderstanding Drivel.
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Dribble makes sense as well though

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          The use of Dribble is the thing that annoys me most too, O'Shea used it while having a go at Dara as well. I suppose its because I don't know if they think they are being extra funny or if they are just misunderstanding Drivel.
                                                                                                                          I think its more for visual effect. Theres no visual effect with drivel but with dribble its like you can imagibe the saliva is dripping down the chin like 'drooler' so theres plenty of visual effect there.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X