This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
    Can a priest not forgive all sins in confession? Presumably including thought sins? COI don't do confession, so I've no idea what the rules are relating to it.
    You have to be genuinely sorry. Priests channel the power of God bestowed on them by the bishop by the laying of hands upon the head and the anointing oils, just as each of the layers of the Church and their successors trace the laying of hands upon the head of each priest all the way back to St. Peter.

God will not grant you forgiveness if you are not truly sorry.
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
      Its something i have been thinking about, any info i got on the web was about 100 for 30 mins, but that was an introduction to flying. I think it is 45hrs logged, 7-10 with an instructer and the rest solo, is this right ? How much/hour do you know ? and is there still a time limit,ie you have to log them in 18 months or less ?
      Its 45 hours minimum with an instructor for PPL. Im not sure on cost. The only time constraint assuming its the same as for helicopters is when you sit the theory exams for the PPL you then have 2 years to finish your training or you have to do the theory again

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
        You're starting to make alot of claims about Catholic dogma that I'd like to see some citations for please.

This is from wiki
        But what about the church teachings of old that espoused hell fire and damnnation for things like that? If religion is 'evolving' in a sense, then that is perhaps a bit ironic.

IMO, religion was originally a way to explain things that made no sense, that then turned into a way for power hungry people to try and control full societies. It is amazing is still has the power and influence that is has even now around the world.

Comment

Thanks for boring me to sleep lads, g'night.

Comment

Where you are failing Keith is by bringing hard cold logic to the argument, it will never work im afraid.
            What's the alternative? Fluffy love kittens?

If it doesn't stand up to logic then it is, by definition, illogical.

You're starting to make alot of claims about Catholic dogma that I'd like to see some citations for please.
            I totally cede the homosexual point. To be fair the RCC has changed its position on this issue over the years. I used the wrong word in saying evil. It was emotive and unnecessary. The bible does say homosexuality is an abomination, sin or enormous sin (depending on your translation of Leviticus 18:22)and the Church follows the bible. Theological rationalisations aside, that is what it said.
            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

First google image result for fluffy love kittens.

Awwwww

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

Awwwww
                You're getting soft.
                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  As long as they are in wheelie bins !

The alternative, live and let live, if only it was that easy in the real world, but here, it is simple !
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Awwwww

Comment

You're getting soft.
                      I'm soft in the middle.

You can call me Al.

Comment

I'm soft in the middle.

You can call me Al.
                        You can call me Betty.
                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

If it doesn't stand up to logic then it is, by definition, illogical.

Comment

Does anybody here know if I can check timetables of college courses from last year...Looking to check what times for Multimedia were like in WIT..Thanks :-)

in return for anyone that can help:

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                              Does anybody here know if I can check timetables of college courses from last year...Looking to check what times for Multimedia were like in WIT..Thanks :-)

in return for anyone that can help:

It may be a start, but you are going to need more than that !!

FWIW, I watched Robin Hood tonight...cracking movie !! well worth a spin.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

The sacrament assumes you really want to live by their rules. God can see into your soul after all. If you don't believe that homosexuals are evil but you promise him you do he will know and the sacrament won't help you. (Obv this is using their own logic)
                                This is applying your logic to their logic. There is no fucking logic lol(but you already know that)

The point of Manchester United is to win football matches.

The entire point of the Catholic Church is to tell you how to live your life in the worship of God.
                                Maybe at some stage but now both are just big business and their point is to maximize profit.Weren't loads of united fans wearing different colours last year like the kerry team because they're so upset with the running of the club. Man U probably only turned like this fairly recently but the church..? Didn't they have those indulgence things back in medieval times where you could more or less buy your way into heaven?(i think). They don't want to fuck anyone out - more members , more $$ on the collection plate. Spread the word the length and breadth of the planet. If there's a scandal cover that shit up - it might cost us.
                                lol maybe united are the catholic church of football. In a few years there will be another ryan(giggs) report and it'll turn out nani, berbatov and rooney were sodomizing a bunch of kids on the trips to asia or some such thing
                                Bubblekings analogy is perfectly cromulent imo

Comment

It may be a start, but you are going to need more than that !!

FWIW, I watched Robin Hood tonight...cracking movie !! well worth a spin.
                                  You don't have the timetable do you :/

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                    On the whole religion thing. Officially I'm Catholic, I was baptised, etc.

I very rarely go to mass, when I do it is normally to satisfy my grandparents. The whole concept of God created everything, the communion we eat is the actual flesh of Jesus is a complete load of BS to me, and as a logical thinker usually I find it weird when usually rational people start to claim otherwise. So that side of religion to me is a load of cock and bull.

However, I do think that the general morals the Catholic church and it 'followers' go by are beneficial. I too went to a Catholic boarding school and it was these morals, rather than the exact beliefs you should have if you are Catholic, which we were thought, and I believe I am a better person for that.

I guess Religion isn't a bad thing. If people don't wan't anything to do with it than that's fine. I don't believe it should be forced on anyone.
                                    This gem seems to have slipped past everyone, how about the unnecessary wars between religions, senseless punishment, suicide bombings, exploiting and controlling dumbasses who buy into their crap, who knows how far science and technology has been held back.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                      Ok here is the story

Took the car down to get the ignition barrel changed as it was fukked. When Tony and I were in Scotland we were told by my dads friend who is a mechanic that we needed the rocker cover gasket done as the head was leaking oil. Grand, not that big a deal etc.

I mentioned this at the garage the other day along with the fact the brake pads needed done as I was borderline for passing the NCT.

I was told the car would be ready at lunchtime. I gave an extra couple of hours and rang them and they said call back as they were steam cleaning engine to look for oil leak. Fine, did that and was told to come get car.

He said he didnt do rocker cover gasket as he couldn't find a leak and thought the oil that was on engine was from a spill. He commented the car not running that great and another mechanic mentioned he thought I needed my Coil Packs changed (They need done every couple of years on Renault Scenics) I said I had them all changed there end of Feb and nothing wrong with them as the car was fine other than the ignition thing.

Drove the car home, sounded like it was miss firing all the time and would not go over 40mph. There was a vibration when I did get to 40mph.

I called garage and he said it was like that, I said it was not and I had not long drove it back from Scotland and it was running like a fkn tractor now.

He told me to bring it in tomorrow morning and they stick on diagnostic machine. He had mentioned a few probs earlier that would require putting on machine and I said I would get it done soon.

I KNOW the car was not running like this. My question all mighty BBV is..

Is there a chance them steam cleaning the engine has fukked something and caused my coil leads/packs to short in some way? I don't think it is a coincidence at all and not paying for them to be replaced at €80 a shot (there are 4 of them) when they were changed in Scotland with proper Renault ones.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge on something like this? want to be armed in them morning!
                                      I spent all my working life in the motor trade as a main dealer & one of the things I hated most was the perception of many of the public that all garages were cowboys. We always tried to run our business fairly & honestly in all our dealinge from Sales, to repairs to supply of parts. I'd like to think that no customer would ever say they had been robbed or treated unfairly by us.

Of course we had many problems that are part & parcel of the trade & some customers weren't totally satisfied. That however does not mean they were treated unfairly or dishonestly. In no business can you always satisfy the customer 100% of the time when you are dependent on something mechanical/electrical. It's like the old video recorder always gave the problems more so than the TV because there were moving parts. Likewise the washing machine will usually be more troublesome than the cooker for the same reason.

You wouldn't want to believe everything that has been advised to you here as it contains an amount of generalisation & bs.

Your garage may well be a bunch of cowboys I don't know so can't say. There are many very reputable garages in Ireland & most of them would be members of the SIMI (thats not to say some simi members are not cowboys).

To find the oil leak would possibly mean the engine had to be steam cleaned to identify the source of the leak. From experience I can tell you that steam cleaning an engine can cause electrical problems due to wetness/dampness & this could cause the engine to misfire. However this should be easy to rectify.

The mere fact leads/coils packs were disturbed could cause the same kind of problems. However if you are dealing with a reputable company they should be willing to take your word that these problems did not exist prior to bringing the car in.
                                      If the coil packs are faulty & less than 12 months old, are genuine renault parts they should be covered by warranty from Renault.

I think the fact the garage did not put you to the expense of changing the rocker cover gasket (after you asked them to) but went to the trouble of trying to find the oil leak & reported none visible would leave me to think they are probably a genuine outfit.

Don't judge until you find out what the problem is & don't let them repair/charge expenses to your car until they have discussed & explained all the problems to you.

If they are a decent company you should not find them difficult to deal with on these matters.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                        This is applying your logic to their logic. There is no fucking logic lol(but you already know that)

Maybe at some stage but now both are just big business and their point is to maximize profit.Weren't loads of united fans wearing different colours last year like the kerry team because they're so upset with the running of the club. Man U probably only turned like this fairly recently but the church..? Didn't they have those indulgence things back in medieval times where you could more or less buy your way into heaven?(i think). They don't want to fuck anyone out - more members , more $$ on the collection plate. Spread the word the length and breadth of the planet. If there's a scandal cover that shit up - it might cost us.
                                        lol maybe united are the catholic church of football. In a few years there will be another ryan(giggs) report and it'll turn out nani, berbatov and rooney were sodomizing a bunch of kids on the trips to asia or some such thing
                                        Bubblekings analogy is perfectly cromulent imo
                                        Isn't this all what we said earlier. How and why would you call yourself a catholic if you're actually not?

And presumably the only reason to be a catholic is because you believe in the eternal salvation bit.

If you believe in that then you're only going to be a devout catholic since anything less is pointless.

But if you're at that stage, you'd realise how silly the idea of being a devout catholic is and would pick a different route.

If you could just admit that you don't subscribe to any of it in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                          This gem seems to have slipped past everyone, how about the unnecessary wars between religions, senseless punishment, suicide bombings, exploiting and controlling dumbasses who buy into their crap, who knows how far science and technology has been held back.
                                          i'm sure if it hadn't been religion they would have found some other excuse.

Comment

Religion is creepy.

Cult/Religion, Religion/Cult. Religious people/Christians ragging on scientology (see boards.ie for examples) is lol.
                                            Being indoctrinated into a religion before you are capable of wiping your own ass says it all.

In time to come, I think religious people nowadays will be viewed similarly to how stone age man worshiping the sun or various objects is generally thought of now - lol .
                                            Though worshiping the sun actually holds a lot more merit.

Religion never made a jot of sense to me even at a very young age. Santa made more sense, that was something I could get on board with.
                                            But then you turn 6, or 8 or whatever age and hear or realise that it's a load of bollox and think: shit, yea..., ...obv. , oops, etc.

Originally posted by Bubbleking
                                            This was the type of guy who got 600 points in his leaving cert and is currently sailing through his medical degree. So the priest looks at him for a minute and considers his answer. After about 10 seconds he responds with "you now what? it takes a highly intelligent person to decide they are an atheist" This seemed to satisfy both parties and everyone moved on

I always think about the answer the priest gave. He was an extremely intelligent man himself and I am sure there was more to it than what people took it at face value. I dont think he was chastising the student so his answer could have lead you down an infinite number of paths.
                                            Perhaps he realised the guy would destroy him in any debate on religion.

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

I guess Religion isn't a bad thing. .
                                            It's dreadful.
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

}

Maybe this IS the age of Aquarius, maybe we dont need an organisation to teach us those fundamentals of getting along,.....
                                              just hitting on this point. I find it facinating that a lot of astrological 'ages' tie in with religious symbolism.
                                              ie.Mithraism, Hinduism Age of Taurus
                                              Sphinx Age of Leo
                                              Age of Pisces...well it's a fish. Take a guess.

I know it's all a little Dan Brown-y but I've always been interesting in the similarities.
                                              From my own religious perspective, given my interests ( I have a good interest in theology and at one young stage was considering priesthood), I've read up on a lot of religious history and the absorbtion of religious holidays and dogma is more than enough for me to question Catholic dogma.
                                              Easter, Christmas, Virgin Birth, resurection after x nmber of days etc..
                                              I think the message (the actual message) is good, not the shite that goes along with it.
                                              there is a very famous passage from the Gnostic Bible(Gospel of Thomas) (not accepted as one of the4 big Gospels, actually derided are heritic, but that's another days arguement) that says.
                                              "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained.

Split a piece of wood; I am there.

Lift up the stone, and you will find me there.
                                              this is generally interpreted as a denouncment of organised religion. Which looking over history, might not have been a bad idea

I consider myself a hopeful agnostic
                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 01-09-10, 02:23.
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                Something similar happened to a friend of mine before. He went into the garage to get his wheels balanced and was told that his car wouldn't take a wheel balance. He was then told that he would need four new tyres and that legally they could not let him drive out of the garage with the ones on his car. He agreed because the "customer care specialist" as the mechanic called himself led him to believe he was going to be fired for considering letting him leave the garage in an unsafe vehicle. He got talking to this other guy in there who had only come in to use the phone and ended up getting the "road king package." They decided to go for a pint as everyone in the garage was laughing and pointing at them. In a bizarre twist in the pub they organised a trip to the superbowl.
                                                friend of yours?
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone know how to add search engines to Google Chrome? You know how you type in www.imdb.com and press tab and it then searches imdb for whatever you type in...I recently started using Google Chrome on this laptop and that feature works but doesn't include Wikipedia (And most likely others), which I know another version of Chrome allows me to search on. Is there any easy way to add wiki?

EDIT - n/m, figured it out. For anyone who may wanna know, right click on the address bar and go into edit search engines. I had to change the wikipedia entry keyword to wikipedia.com
                                                  Last edited by Sledgejammer; 01-09-10, 02:29.
                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

just watched all of oz in under 10 days

Disapointed. Wish id gone straight for entourage
                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post

lol 9 days in were you not thinking hmm maybe I don't like this show

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                        the main teaching of the church is to "Love one another as you would Love yourself" (save the jokes please) By doing so you are worshiping God - or so I am led to believe
                                                        No it's not. I find this bizarre that you have giving reasons all night to be a Christian but have ignored the single biggest, and non negotiable you must believe this, reason for it. Jesus resurrection. You either believe, the extraordinary claim, that he rose from the dead and therefore enabled us to receive salvation or you don't.
                                                        Without this event being true Christianity is nothing.

I think if you made this point to more people and than showed them the huge contradictions in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and the, Lost like convoluted, justifications theologians have to go to you would find the next census having a rather big fall in numbers for Christianity.
                                                        Last edited by cooker3; 01-09-10, 02:35.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                          i'm sure if it hadn't been religion they would have found some other excuse.
                                                          Probably true but, sure, it's no harm trying to eliminate the excuse that is 100% guaranteed to start it and than work on what other justification may get used afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                            Anyone know how to add search engines to Google Chrome? You know how you type in www.imdb.com and press tab and it then searches imdb for whatever you type in...I recently started using Google Chrome on this laptop and that feature works but doesn't include Wikipedia (And most likely others), which I know another version of Chrome allows me to search on. Is there any easy way to add wiki?

EDIT - n/m, figured it out. For anyone who may wanna know, right click on the address bar and go into edit search engines. I had to change the wikipedia entry keyword to wikipedia.com
                                                            ha, never knew you could do that search thing at all. sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                              Samsung NC10 is your only man.

Review

I have it and very happy with it.

Nice price.
                                                              Super battery life.
                                                              WIFI never a problem.
                                                              One of the few ultra portable that you can easly upgrade to 2GB memory.

Only drawback is speakers could be better but headphones do the trick.

Get memory here
                                                              Thank you!
                                                              Just looked through the specs and reviews and it ticks every box. Just bought it for €230 including delivery on ebay.

1 more thing out of the way.

Comment

i see amazon released a new kindle. looks really tempting anyone have one?

Comment

You can use a golf club for all kinds of non-golfy purposes -- walking stick, fishing rod, club, to name three. And now we can add to that list -- firestarter.

Over the weekend, a golfer's routine swing in the rough at the Shady Canyon Golf Course in Irvine, Calif., struck a rock. Not so different from the way you play, right? Only this time, the impact caused a spark, and the spark set off a blaze that eventually covered 25 acres, according to the Steven Buck, General Manager of Shady Canyon Golf Course, and required the efforts of 150 Orange County firefighters, writes the Associated Press.

source

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kDpTinaRe4[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                      lol 9 days in were you not thinking hmm maybe I don't like this show
                                                                      annoyingly i have to watch these things tru once they arent terrible

i hoped it would pick up

started well and although they changed who it was who got whacked, it seemed very repetitive (im expecting some naysayers to this)

neways - pretty bleh
                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Christianity: One woman's lie about having an affair that got seriously out of hand.

Comment

I would shank every single one of you for a bowl of coco pops right about now.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                            I spent all my working life in the motor trade as a main dealer & one of the things I hated most was the perception of many of the public that all garages were cowboys. We always tried to run our business fairly & honestly in all our dealinge from Sales, to repairs to supply of parts. I'd like to think that no customer would ever say they had been robbed or treated unfairly by us.

Of course we had many problems that are part & parcel of the trade & some customers weren't totally satisfied. That however does not mean they were treated unfairly or dishonestly. In no business can you always satisfy the customer 100% of the time when you are dependent on something mechanical/electrical. It's like the old video recorder always gave the problems more so than the TV because there were moving parts. Likewise the washing machine will usually be more troublesome than the cooker for the same reason.

You wouldn't want to believe everything that has been advised to you here as it contains an amount of generalisation & bs.

Your garage may well be a bunch of cowboys I don't know so can't say. There are many very reputable garages in Ireland & most of them would be members of the SIMI (thats not to say some simi members are not cowboys).

To find the oil leak would possibly mean the engine had to be steam cleaned to identify the source of the leak. From experience I can tell you that steam cleaning an engine can cause electrical problems due to wetness/dampness & this could cause the engine to misfire. However this should be easy to rectify.

The mere fact leads/coils packs were disturbed could cause the same kind of problems. However if you are dealing with a reputable company they should be willing to take your word that these problems did not exist prior to bringing the car in.
                                                                            If the coil packs are faulty & less than 12 months old, are genuine renault parts they should be covered by warranty from Renault.

I think the fact the garage did not put you to the expense of changing the rocker cover gasket (after you asked them to) but went to the trouble of trying to find the oil leak & reported none visible would leave me to think they are probably a genuine outfit.

Don't judge until you find out what the problem is & don't let them repair/charge expenses to your car until they have discussed & explained all the problems to you.

If they are a decent company you should not find them difficult to deal with on these matters.

Good luck.
                                                                            My ex husband and I owned a garage in Scotland, so I have a fair idea about cars/repairs and whatnot...

When I got the set of coil packs replaced in Feb at a garage a friend of my dad owns, I also got a set of plugs too. When the mechanic was changing plugs he had to get a rag and dry/clean out where they go before he fitted new plugs. So that made me think that when he said Rocker cover gasket needed changed and to sort soon.

I have used this garage a good few times here. I have a gut feeling they caused the damage.

On coil packs. 3 were changed with gen renault parts.One had been changed by the garage that it was in yesterday a couple of months back.

There was a strange smell, lack of power and a vibration that was not there before. Tony went out in it last night and came back as it would barely go.
                                                                            It could be something else wrong, but it all leads to coil packs that were fine.

Will let ye know how it goes, heading there very soon

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post

Proof that there is a God

The problem with religious morality is that it presupposes that without an external expositor there can be no morality.
                                                                              Exactly.*

* I haven't a clue what that sentence means.

Comment

Whether there's a God or not, sometimes it's nice to have the comfort of praying to him when your kids have been out all night and haven't come home and didn't phone. When you've been involved in a car accident and you're lying there bleeding to death waiting for the ambulance to come etc

Whether you follow it, fully believe it or just say the odd prayer to yourself, it's nice to have a belief rather than have nothing at all

Comment

Baptised and Confirmed so Im officially on their books I suppose
                                                                                  These two statements are mutually exclusive. Either you are a Catholic or you aren't.
                                                                                  No one here gets out alive. Way back in Catholic priest run school a friend and I tried to get ourselves excommunicated from the church. No way was it happening, easier to get out of the Mafia.

the main teaching of the church is to "Love one another as you would Love yourself" (save the jokes please) By doing so you are worshiping God - or so I am led to believe
                                                                                  Errm no it isn't.The main teaching of almost all churches is follow our faith blindly and give us some of your money.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                  Whether there's a God or not, sometimes it's nice to have the comfort of praying to him when your kids have been out all night and haven't come home and didn't phone. When you've been involved in a car accident and you're lying there bleeding to death waiting for the ambulance to come etc

Whether you follow it, fully believe it or just say the odd prayer to yourself, it's nice to have a belief rather than have nothing at all
                                                                                  This is very true. It is not easy to stare into the abyss knowing that its all down to you and the efficiency of the Ambulance service.
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post

Brace yourself for being accused of catching the ghey !
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      The main teaching of almost all churches is follow our faith blindly and give us some of your money.
                                                                                      you should go to a few CoI services for the craic, the ministers generally put me in mind of 60s-era hippies with the general liberality of their views. i.e. 'why can't we all just get along, man?'
                                                                                      Bit hard for me to take with my kneejerk hardline views of many things.

I would probably go about twice a month, the main reason being to integrate us into the parish where our kids will be schooled and generally just doze through the service while the kids go off to Sunday School (where it appears the main activity is to run riot and get lollipops). Anyway, was in a state of hungover (and possibly late night pokering)-induced torpor when I heard your man start going on about the bloody Roma. 'At last', I thought to myself and awaited a stirring denunciation of their thieving ways and a call for them to be deported to whence they came, preferably with a sound beating en route. He starts going on about what lovely people they are and how they care so well for their kids (, yeah like drugging up the babies whilst begging) and ends up appealing for a parish fund to go and bring supplies to these worthless feckers. I had to bite my tongue quite hard and could see pretty much the entire congregation thinking the same thought.

hippie priests ftl

This is very true. It is not easy to stare into the abyss knowing that its all down to you and the efficiency of the Ambulance service.
                                                                                      "no atheists in foxholes"

I was in Flanders at the weekend, - scene of ferocious battles in WW1, crosses all over the shop - rationality went out the window in those moments before you went over the top. They're still digging up bodies even now - many clutching bibles or crucifixes. Like you say, it's all about comfort.

Also, it's a pretty safe bet that most people who describe themselves as atheists or agnostics will still end up getting married in a church, having their kids baptised in one, sending their kids to a faith-based school and finally being buried after a religious ceremony. Takes character to truly commit to being an atheist, even in Ireland 2010.
                                                                                      Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 01-09-10, 09:36.
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It's the first time that I've been able to skip through the BBV so quickly.

Just looged into my hotmail account and some fooker has hacked it and sent out an email selling shite to about 20 or so of my last mail recipients. The thing is, this happened about a month ago and spam was sent to all my contacts, I have since deleted all my contacts. Anybody have any ideas as to how to prevent it etc, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Civillians can help too. Heres 3 things ive picked up to help. "Dont move him"......"Dont give him water"......"has anyone got a coat to keep him warm".

Comment

Ugh, Day 2 of the Theism Debate rages through the BBV, causing rifts and consternation amongst the troops.

The uninvolved wait impatiently for normality to return, and Lurkers turn back to other forums for their giggles.

How about a well? Anyone? Anything to change/derail this topic please!

Comment

I think that in time the secular forces that are so strong within particularly the CoE will take over and offer a kind of Christian Community that everyone could subscribe to.
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                Ugh, Day 2 of the Theism Debate rages through the BBV, causing rifts and consternation amongst the troops.

The uninvolved wait impatiently for normality to return, and Lurkers turn back to other forums for their giggles.

How about a well? Anyone? Anything to change/derail this topic please!
                                                                                                we're just doing it to annoy the football droolers
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                  i see amazon released a new kindle. looks really tempting anyone have one?
                                                                                                  I was tempted by it I must say, but then I realised that I don't read enough to get value out of it. My reading habits are to read loads in a 6 month splurge, then not read another book for around 18 months or so.
                                                                                                  No one here gets out alive. Way back in Catholic priest run school a friend and I tried to get ourselves excommunicated from the church. No way was it happening, easier to get out of the Mafia.
                                                                                                  A lad I used to work with here recently got himself removed from the church and he said it wasn't a quick and easy thing to do. He even got a letter personally signed by the bishop saying did he want to come in and discuss any issues he had with the church. He's gay and very opinionated, so he decided to give it a miss. When I thought about it, I realised that is the first time I have heard of someone actually going to the bother of being officially removed from the catholic church, which I guess is more of a symbolic thing than anything when you ahve reached that stage anyhow.

Comment

anyone know what time guns n' roses take to the stage this evening??

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      we're just doing it to annoy the football droollers
                                                                                                      You've succeeded...
                                                                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley-Ball View Post
                                                                                                        anyone know what time guns n' roses take to the stage this evening??
                                                                                                        not before 9...would be surprised if it was before 9:30 tbh

Comment

What a Bargain!

Living on Grafton Street too!

(anyone see anything wrong with this?)

Comment

An I hate international break. A couple of days without soccer and look what it's reduced us too.

Comment

Yes, that's the worst shower curtain i have ever seen

There has to be something wrong at that price, maybe located over a pub/club or something like that?

Comment

This time next week I will be playing dead in Yosemite Park as a bear toys with me until he is bored. That's how I roll.

I blame myself, all I was saying was I chewed me holy communion. I shall leave my last word on the subject to Phil Collins. (I dunno why but I love this tune)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugZq9hiuCJo[/ame]

Comment

It's in Dublin.

Comment

Throw GOD down the well imo.
                                                                                                                    It's all an illusion

Comment

Must be something wrong somewhere. you sure you're not sharing with an existing tenant?

Comment

Throw Damo down the well.

I mean a real one!

Comment

Lads, its a made up house!

Look at the map, its on Stephen's Green...

Phone number is Nigerian prefix too.

You's would be crap at "the Real Hustle"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X