X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ace View Post
    anyone?

There is a re-cycling facility down at ringsend that takes fridges, cookers, and PC's.

Go over the toll bridge and when you get to the roundabout, take the 4th exit, like you are almost coming back on yourself, centre is in there. I have dropped in PC's there before, not sure if they take laptops but when I was there last, there was also printers and scanners so worth a try.

Comment

I can understand were you are coming from Kev but im a little surprised, you play cash games against some people who you would consider really good friends + your missus and at any one time there could be a serious amount of money involved in these games.

I suppose it comes down to how you/they deal with it, i know when i get involved in a hand with somebody i have a lot of time for and win a pot it can feel a little poxy at times.

But FMWT has made the point and i probably would do the same at the drunken time the bet was made in the daylight and sober state if a friend wanted to back of said bet i would let them and then just probably still have the bet on a smaller scale.

Edit: i have one mate who has made these kind of bets before and when he has lost would not pay up but on occasion when he has won he would expect the money, so i tend to avoid having any major bets with him.
      Last edited by tylerdurden94; 07-08-10, 16:36.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        I can understand were you are coming from Kev but im a little surprised, you play cash games against some people who you would consider really good friends + your missus and at any one time there could be a serious amount of money involved in these games.

I suppose it comes down to how you/they deal with it, i know when i get involved in a hand with somebody i have a lot of time for and win a pot it can feel a little poxy at times.

But FMWT has made the point and i probably would do the same at the drunken time the bet was made in the daylight and sober state if a friend wanted to back of said bet i would let them and then just probably still have the bet on a smaller scale.
        F that if I can stack one of ye guys for a gazilion loots happy days - all the better if it involves some major dog tasticing on my behalf

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          F that if I can stack one of ye guys for a gazilion loots happy days - all the better if it involves some major dog tasticing on my behalf
          Revenge is sweet as they say motherfucker

Comment

Edit: i have one mate who has made these kind of bets before and when he has lost would not pay up but on occasion when he has won he would expect the money, so i tend to avoid having any major bets with him.
            LOL now come on Danny lets get real about this, when has Kev ever stacked Jane, His new years resolution was all but over in the first week -

Comment

LOL now come on Danny lets get real about this, when has Kev ever stacked Jane, His new years resolution was all but over in the first week -
              Doesnt happen all the time but on occasion

Comment

Originally posted by FMWT View Post
                If he admits he's wrong and asks to be let out of it then it would be a different story
                I think this is why I got into gambling. Talk is cheap and people are willing to be wrong about stuff and not admit it until the cows come home. Slap a monetary figure on their view and their belief that they are 100% right shrivels up real quickly.

Gambling - for people who aren't good at swinging a punch!

Comment

This puissance piping in "chelsea dagger" every time a horse clears the jump is pretty sick.
                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Kasper is a bit handy!

Comment

These wankers on Sky Golf coverage, Monty jacklin and those lot are taking some pleasure in Woods current struggles.

I really hope he sorts himself out and sticks it down those unbearable bastards throats

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                        sticks it down those unbearable bastards throats
                        He really hasn't been the same since he stopped doing this.
                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Hmm,Maybe i jumped the gun a bit with FWMT's post.I got the impression he was talking bout close friends who dont gamble.My close friends are similar and woulndt know the diff between 5/1 and 50/1(slight exaggeration) and i wouldnt take advantage of that for large amount like 500 euro.

As per your point.I play poker against people who have a knowledge(some more the others) of the game we are playing money for.FWMTs point was his mates hadnt a clue.Also i have poker mates and the people i play regularly with are not close friends really.
                          As for Jane we have clashed once in a cash game where i took 400 off her and not only did i have to give it back but i was on the couch for two days."How can you call with that shite"
                          Anyway its just my opinion at the end of the day.No offence meant to FWMT

Comment

Great pic alright.

I'd be just a tad worried as to what the monkey had in mind for the pup later on

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post
                              Hmm,Maybe i jumped the gun a bit with FWMT's post.I got the impression he was talking bout close friends who dont gamble.My close friends are similar and woulndt know the diff between 5/1 and 50/1(slight exaggeration) and i wouldnt take advantage of that for large amount like 500 euro.

As per your point.I play poker against people who have a knowledge(some more the others) of the game we are playing money for.FWMTs point was his mates hadnt a clue.Also i have poker mates and the people i play regularly with are not close friends really.
                              As for Jane we have clashed once in a cash game where i took 400 off her and not only did i have to give it back but i was on the couch for two days."How can you call with that shite"
                              Not close friends really i think you might of broken a few lads hearts there Kev

I do get where you are coming from thou, i doubt anybody took offence just an interesting spot to talk about.

Im sure it wont be the last time you are kicked to the couch either

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                Great pic alright.

I'd be just a tad worried as to what the monkey had in mind for the pup later on
                                I think the fact that the monkey appears to be wearing a thong might be a clue.

Also, if you turn your laptop 90 degrees to the left the puppy is actually saving the monkey by riding him to safety on his back.

Comment

Y'know you can have you IT Crowd and your Modern Family or whatever but for cheap laughs nothing can beat You've been framed.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Failing species!
                                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fzutc4CGSY[/ame]
                                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2q23xTuVwY[/ame]
                                    fucking droolers!

Think I will go off and get drunk!

Comment

Id say that nice young man Nigel had a good day today

he apparently stopped the Derby bus 200 yards from the Elland road and had the lads walk the rest

Anyone who watched this
                                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYzsswqPk6s[/ame]

knows how fucking cool that is

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O7qwQlORlM[/ame]

Comment

I've mates who have degrees in engineering so clearly their knowledge of mathematical concepts is way beyond mind.

I'm always amazed at how they turn into gibbering idiots at the most basic gambling concepts though, like FMWTs mate who wouldn't see any point in backing Arsenal at any price because he doesn't believe they'll win.

My fav is when we go to Shelbourne Pk and after a few losses they pipe up that its impossible to win because its all fixed, bookies know who is going to win, never seen a poor bookie blah blah.
                                        And I try to explain basic gambling maths, that when you translate the prices on the boards to percentages and add them all up that it comes to 130%+ and that that 30% margin is fundamentally where the bookie makes his profit. And their eyes glaze over as if you'd tried to explain astrofuckingphysics to them.

Comment

Relatively short session of grinding today. I stayed ahead in the big pots when i was ahead.
                                          I sucked out when i was behind in big pots. Off for pints now on this fine evening

this...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            I've mates who have degrees in engineering so clearly their knowledge of mathematical concepts is way beyond mind.

I'm always amazed at how they turn into gibbering idiots at the most basic gambling concepts though, like FMWTs mate who wouldn't see any point in backing Arsenal at any price because he doesn't believe they'll win.

My fav is when we go to Shelbourne Pk and after a few losses they pipe up that its impossible to win because its all fixed, bookies know who is going to win, never seen a poor bookie blah blah.
                                            And I try to explain basic gambling maths, that when you translate the prices on the boards to percentages and add them all up that it comes to 130%+ and that that 30% margin is fundamentally where the bookie makes his profit. And their eyes glaze over as if you'd tried to explain astrofuckingphysics to them.
                                            Your doin it wrong, idea of going to dogs is to back and few, get drunk, go to coppers and then either go home with a floater or go to the Jackpot.

Who starts talkin about basic gamblin math and then adding up percentages??? - i think they glaze their eyes over as your wasting valuable drinking time.

Comment

This is like one of those fake news stories that Hitchhiker is trying to plant. Ive no idea if its totally true or not but thinks its just a great picture

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpYRITtLSg&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Comment

Your doin it wrong, idea of going to dogs is to back and few, get drunk, go to coppers and then either go home with a floater or go to the Jackpot.

Who starts talkin about basic gamblin math and then adding up percentages??? - i think they glaze their eyes over as your wasting valuable drinking time.
                                                  You're right in fairness - but I just can't let it go when they come out with this "the bookies only win coz its all fixed" stuff.
                                                  They come out with the same lolbad thinking when we play poker, and I let them away with it there obviously.

Comment

what to watch tonight?
                                                    There will be blood (BBC2 9.45pm)
                                                    Westworld (BBC 2 12.15am
                                                    Batman Begins (ITV2 9pm)
                                                    Dog Day Afternoon (ITV3 11.40 pm)
                                                    Quadrophenia (ITV 4 11.40pm)
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

was in tears laughin at "Diddy"...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYplL9eXzvM[/ame]

Comment

Question:

Full Tilt 64 man HU shootout turbo. How long would one of these take max to complete does anyone know?

Just wondering because it seems like great value to me that there are sats to FTOPS Event 12 $535 HU shootout on tomorrow for 1750 ftp points. I'm gona have a crack tomorrow at satting into two of the FTOPS on. Will try one now if they over in an hour but I wouldn't be to about that!

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post

No offence taken

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Yup this is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

The thing is, my friend is no fool, he's a relatively smart guy but as you said when it comes the concept of value he just doesn't want to hear about it. Like he said he wouldn't put one cent on if he was offered a billion to one on United getting relegated because it just isn't going to happen. Just stuck to the line that a change in odds has no affect on the liklihood of something happening, and a lost stake is a lost stake whether you lose it at 2/1 or 20/1. Weird thing is that I think my friend used to play a bit of poker so I thought he would grasp the relationship between probability and value.

It was very frustrating arguing with people who were so clearly wrong. If you had been there I don't think you would feel in the least bit guilty about taking up the 50/1 shot, they deserved it for their stupidity/stubbornness!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            what to watch tonight?
                                                            Westworld (BBC 2 12.15am
                                                            Batman Begins (ITV2 9pm)
                                                            You can watch any of these films you like, as long as it's on BBC2.

Seriously though, There Will Be Blood is one of the best films I've ever seen. I would go so far as to say that I couldn't believe No Country For Old Men won all those accolades that year when clearly There Will Be Blood was a far superior film. But I'm just some guy on the Internet with an opinion.

Westworld is dated now but still a classic. If you haven't seen it, I don't see why you should switch channels.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

what to watch tonight?
                                                              Westworld (BBC 2 12.15am
                                                              Batman Begins (ITV2 9pm)
                                                              Dog Day Afternoon is an absolutely amazing film. If you haven't seen it before I would highly recommend it, and if you're at all into academic stuff like Postmodernism etc... Frederic Jameson has an article about it that I think you can get online that could be worth a read.

But would highly recommend it, purely for entertainment as well, great movie.

Comment

what to watch tonight?
                                                                Westworld (BBC 2 12.15am
                                                                Batman Begins (ITV2 9pm)
                                                                If you haven't yet seen it stay up for Westworld. I'd seen it many times, before I realized why it was so like Jurassic Park.
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Just after watching 3 episodes of Dexter in a row, sick sick show. Going to watch the last episode of Season 4 now. Gripping end to the penultimate episode.

Comment

************SKY BREAKING NEWS****************

Paul Gascoigne has just arrived in Pakistan with his fishing rod!

Comment

There Will Be Blood is in a different league to No Country For Old Men, both great movies obviously, but TWBB is in the top three movies of the last decade easily. Everything about the movie from the acting, to the dialogue, to the score is just sublime. The opening sequence is amazing.

PTA is a fucking genius.

Comment

Italy womens u18's basketball just put me through the ringer against France. had to beat a -3.5pt h'cap and were 11pts down outright midway through the 2nd period but they somehow came through to win by 5 \o/

Kenny Perry tried to fcuk me yesterday and Steve Stricker today, both failed but i wont forget that.

Comment

Theres a couple of new Stavros posts up in the old place at the moment.

sample.
                                                                          Originally posted by stavros
                                                                          Listen son I've lightening attacked and red shelled people who were twice the men you are, don't mess with Stavros or you'll get burned, okay?
                                                                          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 07-08-10, 21:59.

Comment

A charity single has been released in aid of Pakistan flood relief...
                                                                            Raindrops keep falling on Ahmed.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                              There Will Be Blood is in a different league to No Country For Old Men, both great movies obviously, but TWBB is in the top three movies of the last decade easily. Everything about the movie from the acting, to the dialogue, to the score is just sublime. The opening sequence is amazing.

PTA is a fucking genius.
                                                                              What a great film. Quentin Tarantino gives such a well put review of There Will Be Blood here

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                ************SKY BREAKING NEWS****************

Paul Gascoigne has just arrived in Pakistan with his fishing rod!

did he bring a bucket of kfc and a six pck

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Some youtube random hunting lead me to these two quality tunes.
                                                                                  I never got the one sided toast thing with Sting, but Alicia Keys is wonderful.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMXCPANHeYM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PHOeXIPNZE[/ame]
                                                                                  Last edited by dannydiamond; 07-08-10, 22:07.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                    I never got the one sided toast thing with Sting
                                                                                    I have a vague childhood memory of making one-sided toast on a grill, in the time before toasters. Basically a time saving technique, don't get any English association.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Some youtube random hunting lead me to these two quality tunes.
                                                                                      I never got the one sided toast thing with Sting, but Alicia Keys is wonderful.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PHOeXIPNZE
                                                                                      AFAIK, the toast on 1 side thing is due to not having electric toasters( ££), it was done under a grill and could not be arsed turning it...well, thats what we did anyways.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

The toast done on one side is certainly not an English thing,I never lost any sleep over it but i'm curious now.
                                                                                        The links above didn't answer anything, perhaps he needed a filler?

Right, i'm gonna hunt out a fan website or email or the likes and try and find out, wish me luck.

Comment

The toast done on one side is certainly not an English thing,I never lost any sleep over it but i'm curious now.

Right, i'm gonna hunt out a fan website or email or the likes and try and find out, wish me luck.
                                                                                          It's nothing to do with being english,imo.The song is about Quentin Crisp and the toast reference is to demonstrate that Crisp's tastes were a little....different then everybody elses.
                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

But sure toasted on one side is much nicer than on two sides.

Much prefer a toasted sambo with one side toasted that both sides.
                                                                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                              It's nothing to do with being english,imo.The song is about Quentin Crisp and the toast reference is to demonstrate that Crisp's tastes were a little....different then everybody elses.
                                                                                              Are you sure?
                                                                                              No offence, but did you just pull that off google?

Comment

Are you sure?
                                                                                                No offence, but did you just pull that off google?
                                                                                                The Quentin Crisp part is widely referenced,the toast part is my own interpretation. Copyright Icarus152 2010
                                                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

A hunting I go!

Comment

Have a flight at 9am and I decide to get a long sleep and wake up now with a long day tomorrow ahead.

WP CHD you mong.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                      Have a flight at 9am and I decide to get a long sleep and wake up now with a long day tomorrow ahead.

WP CHD you mong.
                                                                                                      Where you off to?

Comment

Finally got around to watching this movie, thought it was gonna be a little better than it was.

Now im off to watch this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk[/ame]

Comment

Where you off to?
                                                                                                          The worlds most glorified friendly, community shield. Only going so I can sing Champions, Champions to United fans.

Comment

Will Bosingwa be a fixture in the side this year CHD?

Ivanovic is very decent obviously, but this guy looked quality before he got injured.

Comment

The worlds most glorified friendly, community shield. Only going so I can sing Champions, Champions to United fans.
                                                                                                              Its a criminal offence to mention the community shield without prefixing it with the words 'the traditional curtain raiser'.

Comment

When I was growing up everyone I knew had a stand alone gas cooker with a top grill like the one in the pic. We only every toasted bread on 1 side. I never saw a toaster until I was 15/16 and when I did I thought "but that toasts both sides, who would want that?" I just thought it was posh to toast both sides,
                                                                                                                Attached Files

Comment

anyone know how many runners they got in the fitz today for the 500 game

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                                                    anyone know how many runners they got in the fitz today for the 500 game

41
                                                                                                                    twitter
                                                                                                                    moneybookers

Comment

I really think Joe Cole is what Liverpool have been missing, this will be our year if he shows the potential I know he has. Will be a real Phoenix from the flames for Liverpool when we win the premiership! Also we will have somethign like two trillion dollars behind us from these Chinese lads.

Chinese a great bunch of lads!

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                        I really think Joe Cole is what Liverpool have been missing, this will be our year if he shows the potential I know he has. Will be a real Phoenix from the flames for Liverpool when we win the premiership! Also we will have somethign like two trillion dollars behind us from these Chinese lads.

Chinese a great bunch of lads!

Opr
                                                                                                                        This is a more embarrassing drunk post than anything even Bubbleking has ever written.

Comment

Boredom...

Let the records show I was first to pull off this amazing feat.
                                                                                                                          That is taking internet forum connect 4 to a whole new level.
                                                                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X