Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard Platini is notoriously pro Meath and has a huge anti Louth football agenda for no reason and based on no evidence. Can't believe he's escaping blame here.
    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
      I heard Platini is notoriously pro Meath and has a huge anti Louth football agenda for no reason and based on no evidence. Can't believe he's escaping blame here.
      Probably only escaping blame because of his recent heart atack.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
        Apparently Sepp suggested the use of goal line video technology

Comment

Not an expert on either team but surely i'm not the only one who thinks Meath will hockey Louth if there's a replay and the Louth team will be left wondering why they didn't settle for the cheated/heroic/moral high ground status that they briefly held.

If Meath offer a replay imo its because they're very confident they would win. Obv we'll never know but if Louth had won first title for >50 years the last day with a dodgy goal like Meath scored I feel certain a replay wouldn't even be discussed.

All imo - no offence intended to Meath or Louth folks

Comment

Obviously the only appropriate solution is for Louth to play Henry for a new special 5th spot in the semi-finals.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
              Eamonn Dunphy- played for Millwall and did a pizza comercial!

Apres match is brilliant!
              Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Dennis Irwin,

"I know my head's too big for my body but i still should have got more panel time"

That was fantastic!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyu6VIVSvgA&feature=channel[/ame]

Comment

Irish chap tearing it up on University Challenge as captain of Cardiff Uni. UC is great even tho i know none of the answers!!

Comment

anyone got a link to that thread on boards where the garda is fighting with a guy who took off his pants he maced the guy and then worked the baton on him.

someone put a link to it up here a few weeks back

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Played Concra Wood in Blayney today for the first time. Wow, what a golf course!
                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
                      anyone got a link to that thread on boards where the garda is fighting with a guy who took off his pants he maced the guy and then worked the baton on him.

someone put a link to it up here a few weeks back

Comment

is this fucking thing slow loading today or is it just me?

in other news
                        i see emmet is heading for an epic 3000 posts, only 2 away from it
                        wonder what he will do for it, most likely some illegal link to something

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Anyone wanna run another ll on the $3 PLH game today? In the mood for some mindless potting.
                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                            Anyone wanna run another ll on the $3 PLH game today? In the mood for some mindless potting.
                            i will give it a spin with ya

do you want to do a $10 LL

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                              is there any way to change the settings on your iphone so that when you receive a text it doesnt appear on the screen.
                              You can get rid of the line of the text it shows alright, but I dunno bout getting rid of the notification and the senders name

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post

I'm in already so up for a LL.

Comment

Since we are on iphones. Anyone any ideas what the Gf could do she just got an iphone and wants to download free apps but it appears you need a credit card for this even. Any way around it?
                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

how u get rid of the eline of text?
                                    Click 'Settings', scroll to 'Messages' then turn off 'show preview'

That should work
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                      Since we are on iphones. Anyone any ideas what the Gf could do she just got an iphone and wants to download free apps but it appears you need a credit card for this even. Any way around it?
                                      You don't need a c/c, I don't have one, you just need an itunes account.

Comment

Yeah 8ball and teddie I'm up for that. Anyone else? Dunno if emmet can post or not with his postcount.

Comment

is there any way to change the settings on your iphone so that when you receive a text it doesnt appear on the screen.
                                          settings, messages, show preview off should do it

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                            She says that when she attempts to download apps it comes up that she has to review account. Then a page appears where she is asked for account details and after that a credit card page comes up
                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                              There is a small bug in that you can't just create a free iTunes account, it always asks for a credit card.

Workaround is to go to download a free app first from the store and then it will let you create a free account. Dunno why its like that.

instructions at the link below

Comment

This is the worst invention known to man. You cannot leave your phone lying round, if you have a girlfriend it's just a disaster.

Only thing to do is go breaking bad and get two mobiles.

EDIT - BOOOOOM seen there is a fix. Yessss!

Comment

She says that when she attempts to download apps it comes up that she has to review account. Then a page appears where she is asked for account details and after that a credit card page comes up
                                                  Someone else here might be better equipped to explain, I just know something is wrong.

I have no problem downloading apps with no credit card.

Comment

typical
                                                    first hand dealt j7o in the sb i toy with the idea of playing it as there is only 2 limpers ahead of me but i fold it.
                                                    flop 7 10 7 and 2 of the guys get allin with 10 9 and 8 9

ipoker seem to have that kinda software that when you fold a hand the board deals you what would have been the nuts.
                                                    it just encourages bad play

Comment

Two stories on the cards and small pressies from holland!

Last time I was in Amsterdam, I got a mate of mine who lives there to post me home 'a card' after I left - I was a little bit paranoid about it as only a month earlier I had a load of t-shirts stopped by customs coming in from the US and they made me pay VAT & Duty on them so I told him to do the 'ole but my address on the envelope but use a different name, that way if it's stopped, I can deny all knowledge. My surname is Murphy, so imagine the shock I get a few days after getting home when I get a card addressed

BIG MAD MURPH (in large bold print)

along with a couple drawings of a certain plant on the outside of the envelope Can't believe it got through

On the bringing a present home lark, I was at a stag in Galway a few years back and had a good bit of weed left over, forgot about it and two weeks later I flew Dublin - Amstedam - Hamburg - Frankfurt - Dublin for a work trip using the same bag I had with me on the stag. My flight from Dublin is delayed and it look's like I'm going to miss my connecting flight to Hamburg so I am literally sprinting through the airport. Arrive at the security gate sweating and ask the security guard if there is any way I can skip/fast track through security in order to make the flight to which they saw no. I miss the flight eventually but it's only three days later when I arrive back home in Dublin that I realise that I had the weed in my bag all the time. I can only imagine how it would have looked had they found it on me going through security in Amsterdam

Comment

Whats LL im intrigued and feel out of the loop
                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Whats LL im intrigued and feel out of the loop
                                                          last longest

Comment

Any know who won the game between Meath and Louth yesterday? Score??

Comment

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                on the way out to play a match

game looks like it will be replayed - very big gesture if it goes ahead
                                                                As Sean Kellly pointed out on the radio this evening, the Ref admits in his report that he made a mistake in awarding the goal, that according to him opens up the way to have the GAA amend the score and award the game to Louth.

A 'Big Gesture' would be to admit that Louth won the game fair and square and ask them to change the score to the correct score, offering a replay is a weasly way of trying to hang on. IMO
                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 12-07-10, 20:40.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Underbelly.

I really recommend this show to all, based on real happenings in the drug trade in Australia. The first season is about the period from the mid 90s to 2004, the second series is a prequel of sorts, it goes back to the late 70's and early 80's. Looking forward season 3 which is just coming to a close. I haven't started watching it yet.
                                                                  Last edited by Ste05; 12-07-10, 20:30.
                                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    As Sean Kellly pointed out on the radio this evening, the Ref admits in his report that he made a mistake in awarding the goal, that according to him opens up the way to have the GAA amend the score and award the game to Louth.

A big Gesture would be to aadmit that Louth won the game fair and square and ask them to change the score to the correct score, offering a replay is a weasly way of trying to hang on. IMO
                                                                    Best one ever is in the Connacht Minor final many years ago. Roscommon got a penalty and the ref tells them its the last kick of the game, they were one point down. Captain is taking the penalty when suddenly Shane Curran runs up and burys it in the net. All hell breaks loose, ref gives Roscommon the win but it eventually was decided to have a replay.
                                                                    Shane Curran you might maybe know as he was Roscommon senior goalkeeper for a couple of years. A ginger.
                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                      Best one ever is in the Connacht Minor final many years ago. Roscommon got a penalty and the ref tells them its the last kick of the game, they were one point down. Captain is taking the penalty when suddenly Shane Curran runs up and burys it in the net. All hell breaks loose, ref gives Roscommon the win but it eventually was decided to have a replay.
                                                                      Shane Curran you might maybe know as he was Roscommon senior goalkeeper for a couple of years. A ginger.
                                                                      Im lost as to whats wrong with this. What am i missing?
                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Just above the avg. on 5.6k.

Comment

There were just 42 seconds left to play in normal time. The ball arrived in the hands of Laois substitute Mick Turley, who was close enough for a shot but was under pressure from Carlow defenders.

John Kearns, the Carlow goalkeeper that day, takes up the tale. "It was very near the end of the game, it was a very crowded goalmouth. Michael was on the stand side," he recalls.

Turley twisted and turned and opted for an overhead kick, virtually with his back to goal.

The former player, who went on to play Barton Shield and Senior Cup golf for Elm Park GC, now runs an auctioneering business in Dublin. He describes the action from his perspective. "I got the ball, and I was something between 14 and 20 yards out from goal. I turned away and kicked it with my right foot over my left shoulder. It was hit hard and it went over the umpire's head.

"Immediately I knew it was wide. In fact, on the video, you'll see I have my head in my hands because I'd missed," he says.

Goalie Kearns was ready to react if needed. "I could see it all the way, but there was no danger. The ball was going wide. I knew it was going wide, and if you see the video, I'm there with my arms stretched out signalling 'wide'.

"I said 'don't worry, it's going wide' as the ball was in the air. Next thing I knew the umpire was waving the white flag. I couldn't believe it. Everyone was roaring and shouting.

"I was bulling and losing the rag. I looked over at the linesman and he waved 'wide' but he didn't come in to say that to the referee, and the referee didn't go over to him.

"I was shouting at the ref saying it wasn't a point, and to go and ask the linesman, and he said to me 'if you don't get away from me I'll send you off'. I was raging, but I backed away from the ref. No point in being sent off.

"I went back into the goal and looked the umpire in the eye and said 'can you honestly say that ball was over the bar'?

"'I can,' he said. I gave him a right mouthful and it wasn't pretty language," says Kearns.

Carlow fans behind Kearns' goal were incensed. "I could hear some of them shouting 'burst him, burst him' but I was never going to get physical with the man, even though I knew he was wrong," he recalls.

Turley was approached by Garvan Ware, the Carlow midfielder

"He said to me 'for God's sake, Mick'! But I said 'what do you want me to do Garvan, tell the man he's wrong'?

"Garvan and I often have a laugh about it when we meet, but Carlow weren't laughing about it at the time," reflects Turley.

The drama wasn't over. Carlow went downfield and won a sideline ball in injury time. Ware fired it towards the Laois goal and there was a scramble for possession among players of both sides.

Referee Cooney blew for a pick-up by a Laois defender. Free kick, close to goal. Opportunity to save the day ... but almost simultaneously Carlow sub James Reid had the ball and was kicking it wide.

More controversy ensued. Reid said afterwards he hadn't heard the whistle and was continuing the play he thought was still active. Carlow players claimed the free should be re-taken off the ground, but ref Cooney decided Reid had deliberately taken the free from the hand.

The wide stood. The game was over. Laois 2-11, Carlow 1-13. Victory by a point for Laois.

(but laois gave them a replay and won again)

Edit : also lol @ carlow rastafarian colours and team sponsor

Last edited by BobSloane; 12-07-10, 20:42.

Comment

Am i missing something here? Sounds fine

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                              I'm guessing the keeper was watching and expecting the captain to take the peno and the keeper runs up and smashes it. This isn't allowed, it's unfair on the keeper as he wouldn't be ready.

Am I right EE?

Comment

Meath should be kicked out for unsporting behaviour
                                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post

I remember playing an underage tournamnet in Mullingar before and Carlow turning up in a fruit pastille like jersey, worst GAA jersey i have ever seen

Comment

Im lost as to whats wrong with this. What am i missing?
                                                                                    Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                    Roscommon were 1 point down, they got a penalty and a goal was scored. That means Roscommon won by 2 points.

Mayo complained that it was unfair as the Captain was lined up to take the penalty. Curran was not the Captain but ran up and buried it.

Comment

From Roscommon GAA wiki !

In the 1989 Connacht minor final, Roscommon trailed by a point when they awarded a penalty which would be the last kick of the game. Instructions from the sideline were to take the point and level it, Peadar Glennon steadied up to take the kick. then Shane Curran ran in and blasted the ball into the net. Roscommon collected the cup, did a lap of honour, then learned that the goal had been disallowed because Glennon was in the area when the kick was taken. The match was replayed, and Roscommon won.

Comment

Was going well until I got KK in vs TT on a 6 high flop, T on turn obv. Then got half my stack in on turn and half on river with 22 on a K7828 board vs 78 to busto in bout 100th.

Who do I ship to!?

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                                          From Roscommon GAA wiki !

In the 1989 Connacht minor final, Roscommon trailed by a point when they awarded a penalty which would be the last kick of the game. Instructions from the sideline were to take the point and level it, Peadar Glennon steadied up to take the kick. then Shane Curran ran in and blasted the ball into the net. Roscommon collected the cup, did a lap of honour, then learned that the goal had been disallowed because Glennon was in the area when the kick was taken. The match was replayed, and Roscommon won.
                                                                                          Yeah thats right, the ref awarded the goal and blew the final whistle. Then he changed his mind after the game was over and Roscommon had been awarded the cup.

Comment

I'm 3rd at the moment

Comment

Roscommon were 1 point down, they got a penalty and a goal was scored. That means Roscommon won by 2 points.

Mayo complained that it was unfair as the Captain was lined up to take the penalty. Curran was not the Captain but ran up and buried it.
                                                                                              My mental image of this scene is this guy

about to take the penalty when this guy

runs up and buries it

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_zK2apRHI4[/ame]
                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Attempting to get the Personal Logs forum up and running...
                                                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Well here's a blast from the past.... So here is where all the big guns hang out?

I havn't read any rules or previous posts but I need to see if the BBV is still the same. I have to make the fist post a good one so here goes.

So is this where all the big guns hang out?

Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Welcome back Paul
                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
                                                                                                        Well here's a blast from the past.... So here is where all the big guns hang out?

I havn't read any rules or previous posts but I need to see if the BBV is still the same. I have to make the fist post a good one so here goes.

So is this where all the big guns hang out?
                                                                                                        Thought there was some hard core porn en route

Comment

Still in the Hotel Biz? Nearly headed down at one stage to see if you were still alive
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Welcome back Macs, looking forward to all those bad beats being posted.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              Still in the Hotel Biz? Nearly headed down at one stage to see if you were still alive
                                                                                                              Yeah still at it... Still in Failte Hotels but also have my own place/s www.ballinloughhotel.com and this place soon www.westportodge.com

Spent last 7/8 months getting it up and running but have to put more time in Failte Hotels now really. Back at home in Kildare this week so Might make a live appearance at some card room this week

So Hotel in Roscommon and Living in Mayo .......WOW the west sure is wild.... Different part of the world for sure!
                                                                                                              Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

So some one link me or spill the beans on how you all ended up here?? My boards account got locked months ago and I never got it reunited so I must have missed out
                                                                                                                Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  Look for HH's posts in here from Friday/Saturday, especially the deleted one, but read in order, or better still find the first one mentioning the Czech, and then read the thread from there until the deleted post from him that I deleted after it got it's couple of days in the sun.

Not hedgehog funny, but far more adult I guess you could say, Don't look at the deleted post until you read the ones building up to it. It ends in FB pervage.
                                                                                                                  best be careful imo!

Comment

I'm not certain, but rag2gar and Macspower suddenly(well,ok, over 2 weeks) arriving here after 6 months abscence just seems a little suspicious

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Nice one Paul , welcome back or rather welcome to the new house.

Comment

So some one link me or spill the beans on how you all ended up here?? My boards account got locked months ago and I never got it reunited so I must have missed out
                                                                                                                        Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.
                                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

wesport lodge looks sweet, might hit ya up for a decent room sometime this summer, have a sailing weekend to use up there before end of season..
                                                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X