Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting out unemployed with zero reputation is the best way to play the game imo.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
      Are all versions of CM as easy as the one I played ('08 maybe)?

It's fun to see the young hot shot players of the game breaking through in real life.

Unfortunately young Liverpool hot shot striker Craig Lindfield appears to be without a club atm. Young Chelsea hot shot Ben Sahar hasn't popped up on the radar but he's at Espanyol.

Saw Chelsea's young player Stich playing in the world cup, young Nilis too playing for Greece.

Ahhh, no, screw you guys, I'm not going down that path again....anyway the game was waaaay too easy.
      Yeah you got it easy. When it became Football Manager it became easy. I think 06 07 08 are really easy.

Use the editor and they are great. Like playing football God.

Comment

Brother told me give this a look, didnt know DeNiro had a movie out last year, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780511/ Great simple film, dare you not to get tired and emotional ...
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
          Yeah you got it easy. When it became Football Manager it became easy. I think 06 07 08 are really easy.

Use the editor and they are great. Like playing football God.
          I thought Football manager was a different game using the source code that was Championship Manager and competed with it. I was also under the impression that Football Manager was a tougher game than Championship manager Wouldn't be an authority on the whole thing now.

Comment

Genuinely shocking the amount of people who seem to have been devoted players of Champo 01 / 02 and didn't twig that the game has an inbuilt flaw which renders fullbacks as part of a flat back four basically redundant. What the fuck like?
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Ok, I've got it downloaded and everything is fine, it starts up and then I click new game and it asks me to insert the cd rom, I have MagicDisc and MagicISO, what do I need to do to get started?
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

footie manager 2005 was the best.

Comment

@eagle eye

Too drunk too read, remember you asking earlier what to do. If you are not sorted PM me and I will talk you through what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                    Ok, I've got it downloaded and everything is fine, it starts up and then I click new game and it asks me to insert the cd rom, I have MagicDisc and MagicISO, what do I need to do to get started?
                    I have vista and all I do is right click on the CM0102.iso file, select MagicISO > Mount CM0102.iso > and select the drive mount there.

It will work then, or at least it does fine for me.

Comment

just reading the ssnl forum on 2p2 jesus it's horrific.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        I have vista and all I do is right click on the CM0102.iso file, select MagicISO > Mount CM0102.iso > and select the drive mount there.

It will work then, or at least it does fine for me.
                        The MagicISO seems to be my problem. I'm getting rid of it and trying a different one to see if it works. I don't get an option to mount CM0102.iso.
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                          Starting out unemployed with zero reputation is the best way to play the game imo.
                          Hmmmn, do people even try anything else? I've never started at anything higher than league 2 or conference. I don't really see the point in doing much else.

Comment

The MagicISO seems to be my problem. I'm getting rid of it and trying a different one to see if it works. I don't get an option to mount CM0102.iso.
                            Sorted?

Comment

Try Daemon Tools Lite. It's great and very easy to use.

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                it says no cameras, are they loose on that? SAMUEL FCUKING JACKSON is supposed to be there!
                                They are fairly lax just stick the camera in your pocket.
                                Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                No idea, but I imagine the earlier the better. The crowds are huge so if you arrive too late you are likely to miss out on the better vantage points. Irrelevant though if you plan on following a few golfers around. I'd be surprised if Samuel Jackson isn't there, he is a huge golf fan and obviously he does a lot of charity work.

I haven't been to this in the previous years it has been on, I imagine it will be pretty tedious. Big crowds + only one golfer worth watching per fourball + nothing for them to play for doesn't sound like the greatest combo for the spectator. Still lets hope the weather is nice and it's enjoyable!

It is a fantastic event for the area though, all credit to J.P., he has done wonders with it.
                                Not really tedious the pro's try some ridic tough shots, pretty entertaining and some of the am's are just ridic.
                                Last edited by Aya14; 01-07-10, 01:58.

Comment

Ok

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                    Brother told me give this a look, didnt know DeNiro had a movie out last year, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780511/ Great simple film, dare you not to get tired and emotional ...
                                    This film is beautiful. DeNiro is on top top form. Plays a a character were not accustomed to seeing him play - very refreshing. World class acting throughout.

It completely slipped under the radar. Was in and out of the cinema within a fortnight. I've seen a dozen or so films this year, and this has been my favourite.

I think everyone should give it a whirl.
                                    eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Yeah I downloaded Gizmo Central and it worked a treat. Very handy tool. Thanks for all the help and suggestions folks.

Comment

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHhh

I fancied Murray for his first grand slam this year. He is playing the best so far.
                                        Tried to back him on betfair last night, wouldn't allow me to back in running.

Fair enough I said. Somebody on boards will lay me.

Beat: Totally messed up the times zones, all the QF matches are over, odds obv worse
                                        Beat:Fed out, that obv shortens everything

Still looking to back him, if any bodies interested.
                                        $100@7/2

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                          ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHhh

I fancied Murray for his first grand slam this year. He is playing the best so far.
                                          Tried to back him on betfair last night, wouldn't allow me to back in running.

Fair enough I said. Somebody on boards will lay me.

Beat: Totally messed up the times zones, all the QF matches are over, odds obv worse
                                          Beat:Fed out, that obv shortens everything

Still looking to back him, if any bodies interested.
                                          $100@7/2
                                          Give ya 1/100.

Comment

click to see what happened next

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                              Fuck you. I was caught out yeah but are you saying you have never done that?

Comment

Yeah but most importantly, what happened the Robert Johnson character?

Comment

brian byrne - willing to blow 500 in poker, whilst half looking to learn the game . . .

If you wnt to learn to breakeven or start winning, cant recommend enough taking lessons from hectorjelly. Be well worth investing the 500 in that, if HJ still does coaching that is
                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

everybody starts somewhere, gl Brian.

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                    I had high hopes when I read that 'Goodluck Jonathan' became president, looks like he intends to meet them!
                                                    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 01-07-10, 05:47.
                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                      Ship it!. Well at least theres nobody left now that isnt entirely beatable.
                                                      On sunday i expect the winning post to be accompanied by a General Zod picture
                                                      he has the best draw and I don't think he's scared (or should be) of anyone that's left

of course it's all dependent on his tiny little head not exploding

put it this way, at these prices I'm very happy to be on the Djoker

R Nadal 6/5

A Murray 13/5

N Djokovic 4/1

T Berdych 9/2

I await Cooker and the C Kid's rebuttal
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        he has the best draw and I don't think he's scared (or should be) of anyone that's left

R Nadal 6/5

A Murray 13/5

N Djokovic 4/1

T Berdych 9/2

Nadal is just too good.

Comment

P1ssing rain and no footie on the telly, starting to feel like a normal summer.
                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

R Nadal 6/5

A Murray 13/5

N Djokovic 4/1

T Berdych 9/2
                                                            Get on the machine imo

R Nadal 2.28 (5/4)

A Murray 4.1 (3/1)

N Djokovic 5.9 (5/1)

T Berdych 6.4 (11/4)

Comment

Got a mail from a cousin in America last night, friend on facebook but not close at all, this was the mail.

I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but it's just the situation of things right now, We're presently stuck in Scotland , we came down here on vacation. we were robbed, worse of it is that bag, cash and credit cards was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy experience for us and we need help with flying back home, the authorities are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our passports but don't have enough money to get on a plane back home, please we need you to loan us some money till we get back home to refund it back.

Thanks

Have a Fearless Day,
                                                              Joyce xxxxx
                                                              I checked and her account is deleted on fb, obv hacked.

I reply

When did this happen Joyce ? so sorry to hear it. How can i get money to you ?
                                                              And this morning get this back

Oh...i'm so happy to hear you could help, all we need is $1,800,but anything you could assist with now be helpful, you can wire it via western union, check www.westernunion.com and see if you can locate a WU local outlet around you where you can go and wire the money, you only need my name on my passport ID and the country name here to wire the money ... use my below details for the transfer,Wire it to my name below

Name : Joyce xxxxx

Amount: $1,800
                                                              Location: Scotland, United Kingdom.

Kindly reply me with the confirmation number as soon as you are done with the transfer.Thanks alot, we are really glad you can help, we'll surely get the money back to you as soon as we get back home

Thanks Alot.
                                                              Any ideas how i play this fish ?
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Yeah i never heard of this i might give it a try. Its not a purposeful tear jerker now is it?.

R Nadal 6/5

A Murray 13/5

N Djokovic 4/1

T Berdych 9/2

That he got through Soderling i cant make a strong case against him anymore especially at the prices and the underdog tag will sit well with him if he gets Nadal in the final. Nadal's lost too many sets so far against lesser opposition. Yep every chance now imo. GL

Comment

Anybody know anything about recent betfair promos,

I had a decent chunk of my BF bankroll tied up in the F1 and Shumacher.
                                                                  I withdrew some of the remainder and kept a bit for the WC.
                                                                  Lost a bit on the first few games, and the rest is tied up in goal scorer, winner etc
                                                                  Logged on today anf there was cash deposited?????
                                                                  Checked the account
                                                                  987-IWB001-International Winback DM Promotion-ADJ43

Any Idea what this is???

Comment

Got a mail from a cousin in America last night, friend on facebook but not close at all, this was the mail.

I reply

You'd need WU and the Cops at wherever the WU they want to collect from to get involved.
                                                                    You could have some fun trying to string them along, get a phone number and speak to Joyce etc.
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                      Get him on the machine

N Djokovic 5.9 (5/1)
                                                                      too late

That he got through Soderling i cant make a strong case against him anymore especially at the prices and the underdog tag will sit well with him if he gets Nadal in the final. Nadal's lost too many sets so far against lesser opposition. Yep every chance now imo. GL
                                                                      that's funny, I was just thinking that I'd prefer him to be playing Nadal in the final rather than Murray

lump on Djokovic imo, we'll bust Gimmeabreak yet!

I have even plotted the next leg of the spin

Comment

This guy is a complete legend. Fantastic resource for second level students and third level needing to catch up on maths, also lots of other stuff for everyone. The brain teasers are very well presented.
                                                                        Learn for free about math, art, computer programming, economics, physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, finance, history, and more. Khan Academy is a nonprofit with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          You'd need WU and the Cops at wherever the WU they want to collect from to get involved.
                                                                          You could have some fun trying to string them along, get a phone number and speak to Joyce etc.
                                                                          That sounds like too much work this early in the day...lol

Think i will just throw off a quick " i went to WU and because of all the scams they need to know what office you will be collecting it from, sorry for this delay but they are very security concious" obv they wont tell me, may take that line and see where it goes...i have an image in my head of Joyce being a black man holding todays newspaper in front of him...

Joyce, i called into the post office, i dont know much about transferring money, never done it before, but i went to WU and because of all the scams they need to know what office you will be collecting it from, sorry for this delay but they are very security concious, i dont know why ? I told them what had happened to you and i needed to get money to you straight away, so sorry for this again. Send me the name of the office in Scotland you will be collecting it from and i will get this sorted out as soon as possible.

Ole.
                                                                          Last edited by oleras; 01-07-10, 09:20.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                            The Guard is a mate of mine on facebook used to go to school with him, pictures have been doing the rounds for a while. He has a quality look of enjoyment when he's macing him.

Comment

Yeah i never heard of this i might give it a try. Its not a purposeful tear jerker now is it?.
                                                                              No, just a very nice father/family film.
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

I reply

"Have a Fearless Day,"
                                                                                Gives away the Nigerianness here.

Find some live street webcams in scotland and tell her(Joyce Chepchumba?) to wait by the fountain in the square so we can see her having the long wait!.
                                                                                Oh wait!

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                  The Guard is a mate of mine on facebook used to go to school with him, pictures have been doing the rounds for a while. He has a quality look of enjoyment when he's macing him.
                                                                                  Those pics are hilarious, but while I'm all for the macing, I think the dig with the baton when the guy is already subdued is a bit much. If that was me I'd be taking those pics to the gardai ombudsman.
                                                                                  "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

I'm surprised they are able to pull such a scam hours after being robbed at gunpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                                      Those pics are hilarious, but while I'm all for the macing, I think the dig with the baton when the guy is already subdued is a bit much. If that was me I'd be taking those pics to the gardai ombudsman.
                                                                                      Pepper spray wont subdue him enough to stop him throwing the cop in the water !

If a Guard tell you to put your pants back on when you are drunk, put your pants back on imo.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Seriously? The guy's drunk and tried to push the Guard in the river after he asked him to put his clothes on. If the guard battered him unconscious I'd honestly have no problem with it.

Act like a f*cking idiot, you should get treated one. He won't be as quick to do it the next time.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          Are all versions of CM as easy as the one I played ('08 maybe)?

It's fun to see the young hot shot players of the game breaking through in real life.

Unfortunately young Liverpool hot shot striker Craig Lindfield appears to be without a club atm. Young Chelsea hot shot Ben Sahar hasn't popped up on the radar but he's at Espanyol.

Saw Chelsea's young player Stich playing in the world cup, young Nilis too playing for Greece.

Ahhh, no, screw you guys, I'm not going down that path again....anyway the game was waaaay too easy.
                                                                                          try playing as Dag & Red or Worksop Town and getting them to the CL final

my best result in the most recent game was bringing Reading to back to back PL titles in 2014/15 as well as CL Champions in 2015.

Altidore & Christian Benitiz banging in goals for fun!!
                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

If a Guard tell you to put your pants back on when you are drunk, put your pants back on imo.
                                                                                            you've obviously never been in the Garda Club on a Friday night

Comment

Pepper spray wont subdue him enough to stop him throwing the cop in the water !

Pepper spray most definitely will incapacitate someone, a mate of mine was once sprayed by a bouncer and he was destroyed for a good half an hour.

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                              Seriously? The guy's drunk and tried to push the Guard in the river after he asked him to put his clothes on. If the guard battered him unconscious I'd honestly have no problem with it.

Act like a f*cking idiot, you should get treated one. He won't be as quick to do it the next time.
                                                                                              Yeah, seriously, it's not the Gardai's job to mete out justice as and when they feel like it, beating an already subdued person is a pretty clear abuse of authority imo. The guy is obviously a drunken moron, but the penalty for that is to be decided in court, and is most definitely not a punishment beating.

"I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Pepper spray most definitely will incapacitate someone, a mate of mine was once sprayed by a bouncer and he was destroyed for a good half an hour.

Yeah, seriously, it's not the Gardai's job to mete out justice as and when they feel like it, beating an already subdued person is a pretty clear abuse of authority imo. The guy is obviously a drunken moron, but the penalty for that is to be decided in court, and is most definitely not a punishment beating.

Well, I can only imagine what the Guard is saying there," i told you to get on your knees", reasonable force imo.

Edit: LOL @ punishment beating, ever see the spanish cops in action ? afaik, that is how they say hello !
                                                                                                Last edited by oleras; 01-07-10, 10:08.
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                  try playing as Dag & Red or Worksop Town and getting them to the CL final
                                                                                                  That's so weird, Dag & Red were the team I chose to do just that, won the CL back to back with them, the only team I ever played with.

Comment

Just walked by a guy on South William St sitting on the kerb injecting heroin into his leg.

Pretty shocked, first time I've ever seen that
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                      Just walked by a guy on South William St sitting on the kerb injecting heroin into his leg.

Pretty shocked, first time I've ever seen that
                                                                                                      the good weather seems to bring them out

Comment

I hate this type of attitude. Nit picking around incidents like this is nothing more than childish whining. Sorry man, but I come across people that espouse the above attitudes regularly enough and they are usually the type of people who would be likely to get drunk and act the fucking cunt when the mood strikes them.

The guy in the above picture was way out of line. So he got an extra smack, he'll live. The Gard locked up the situation on his own, and deserves credit.
                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Well, I can only imagine what the Guard is saying there," i told you to get on your knees", reasonable force imo.
                                                                                                          If this was the case, reasonable force would be pressing the baton into the back of the knee to force him down. From the pictures (I know they don't tell the full story) it looks like the garda just put him against the wall and smacked him pretty much full force with the baton. From the eye witness account on boards, plenty of people who were there also felt the garda went way ott.

Edit: LOL @ punishment beating, ever see the spanish cops in action ? afaik, that is how they say hello !
                                                                                                          So what? In Saudi Arabia you can be whipped for kissing, in Bulgaria you have to bribe police to give back passports, doesn't mean it should happen here. It looks to me like the garda beat him with the baton as punishment for struggling, hence "punishment beating".

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                          I hate this type of attitude. Nit picking around incidents like this is nothing more than childish whining. Sorry man, but I come across people that espouse the above attitudes regularly enough and they are usually the type of people who would be likely to get drunk and act the fucking cunt when the mood strikes them.

The guy in the above picture was way out of line. So he got an extra smack, he'll live. The Gard locked up the situation on his own, and deserves credit.
                                                                                                          Police brutality is one of my bug bears, I'm fully prepared to admit that. All I'm saying is that if I have my hands up against the wall and someone hits me with a baton in the back of the leg and I have pictures to prove it I will 100% be taking it further.

And I can fully assure you I don't get drunk and act the cunt, and kind of resent the implication that I do. I don't think I've ever spoken to a garda for anything other than to ask directions. I will admit to have been involved in a few drunken scuffles, but in all honesty I've never started anything.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Wreck; 01-07-10, 10:44.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                                            A lot of legends here. Chucks Nwoko was another. Michael Lamey and Fabio Rustico were a couple of useful defenders.
                                                                                                            Buy Ebbe Sand and have him man marking the keeper was one of the great all time tactics............

Comment

All I'm saying is that if I'm a drunken scumbag who strips down to his boxers, attacks a cop and tries to potentially drown him, I then get maced, thereafter the cop then hits me with a baton in the fleshy part of my leg and I have pictures to prove it I will 100% be delighted to have gotten away so lightly.
                                                                                                              fyp

Comment

In Saudi Arabia you can be whipped for kissing
                                                                                                                That's some kinky shit,Saudi here I come.Woop.
                                                                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Police brutality is one of my bug bears, I'm fully prepared to admit that. All I'm saying is that if I have my hands up against the wall and someone hits me with a baton in the back of the leg and I have pictures to prove it I will 100% be taking it further.
                                                                                                                  you might want to get rid of the pic of the axe wielding Korean guy before you start giving the nanny state lecture

Comment

Rod-ney King.
                                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Good photoshop in the thread.

Opr

Comment

Ninjavideo among the sites taken down

Edit - Just noticed this when I was browsing that site. Remember the drugged up kid on the way from the dentist.

Opr
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Opr; 01-07-10, 11:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                          Ninjavideo among the sites taken down

Edit - Just noticed this when I was browsing that site. Remember the drugged up kid on the way from the dentist.

Opr

And tvshack too

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X