X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    haha was just gonna go look for that Shambles
    scary thing is it actually sounds good compared to the shyte cowell has been pushing for the last 10 years & I remember that song being a bit rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      Didn't know you lived in the north . Must be terrible never knowing when the snipers gonna pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
        Didn't know you lived in the north . Must be terrible never knowing when the snipers gonna pull the trigger.
        Can you not see the lovely butterfly in my beautiful garden. You don't get that up North, thats the East.

Comment

Can you not see the lovely butterfly in my beautiful garden. You don't get that up North, thats the East.
          He's a collaborater , shoot to kill .

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
            Jaysus, Casillas looks really dodgy for the last year or two.
            Out of the keepers Spain have, he'd be third choice if I was in charge.

David Villa is like starting a goal up imo.
            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post

Yeah he hasn't looked he same man over the past 12 months. I think Reina is the best Spanish keeper now but for me Valdes would make the most sense when you have the two Barca centre backs on the pitch.
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Hodgson confirmed as new Liverpool boss. £2m release fee agreed with Fulham.

£8m in total to downgrade manager:

"Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

So you are outright saying right now before he has even started that Roy Hodgson is a worse manager that Rafa Benitez?
                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

you don't like the appointment?
                    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Casillas is a good keeper but Reina is up there with the very best in the world.,can't believe he's not first choice for Spain.
                      Can't believe he's on the bench tbh but Casillas has done a good job so far so don't know why i'm even bothering to type this post.
                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Its not really that big . That garage is about the size of my conservatory.
                        the whole house isnt even as big as my servants quarters
                        Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                        Its only half the size of the box room in my house!
                        I'm guessing you don't want to hear about my dog kennel...

Comment

So you are outright saying right now before he has even started that Roy Hodgson is a worse manager that Rafa Benitez?

Taking the piss yea?

Comment

He is declaratively a worse manager. Just look at their respective records!

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                            you don't like the appointment?
                            It's better than some of the names that were bandied about (O'Neill, Dalglish), but I was hoping we'd get towards the top end of realistically available candidates (Pellegrini, Hitzfeld).

Hodgson has enjoyed a couple of good years with Fulham, but has an awful lot of gremlins in his closet and will turn 63 in August. Nothing to be excited about.
                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Hodgson is a complete hero. Fuck you and your whingey attitude!

(I know that's irrational, just still incredibly pissed that he's apparently going )
                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                Hodgson is a complete hero. Fuck you and your whingey attitude!

(I know that's irrational, just still incredibly pissed that he's apparently going )
                                Again, I agree he's done a great job for Fulham. I can imagine you're annoyed, and if I was you I'd be wondering why the fuck the Fulham board waived £500k of the £2.5m release fee written into his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                  Casillas is a good keeper but Reina is up there with the very best in the world.,can't believe he's not first choice for Spain.
                                  Can't believe he's on the bench tbh but Casillas has done a good job so far so don't know why i'm even bothering to type this post.
                                  I too would start Reina now, as Casillas has had quite a poor season. However at the peak of his powers, Casillas is better than Reina, it's just that he hasn't hit those peaks in the last 12 months or so.

Casillas is such an icon in Spain though that I don't see there being any chance of him being dropped.

Comment

lol at keith being an irrational monkey when it comes to football. Could be worse though, could mention dublin GAA

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                      I'm guessing you don't want to hear about my dog kennel...
                                      Its not really that big . That garage is about the size of my conservatory.
                                      the whole house isnt even as big as my servants quarters
                                      Its only half the size of the box room in my house!
                                      meh you can stick ur big houses, i'm happy with my trailer

Comment

At his best Casillias would rightly be first choice as he'd be Spains best keeper but he's not been at his best for a while now, he just looks like he has errors in him and he's been lucky it hasn't cost Spain in the same way it cost Real Madrid last season. Alots been made of his wife/girlfriend (I forget) and her closeless to the camp as a journalist and the potential distraction it's causing, that's one explanation, but whether true or not he is most certainly off form and has been for ages. Toss up between Reina and Valdes beyond that if he was to be dropped which he should be, Spain have too many quality keepers to persist with someone in the kind of rut he's in, it's not like if Given was off form for Ireland or something like that. Oh and yeah as said above there's like 0% chance he'll actually be dropped, it'd take years of bad form for that to happen and even then it'd take a brave man to do it.

Spain also need to pick a defensive mid fielder and play Xaviesta in their normal positions and they'd improve dramatically. I still think they can step it up though and will do when it's required, they're still very much amoung the candidates for this world cup and if they played at their best they'd be favourites, if they get to the semi's as they should it'll be very interesting.

Can't believe Liverpool didn't seem to even try and get Pellegrini btw, by far the best realistic candidate for the job. Really does seem like they sacked Rafa with absolutely no idea of what to do next, which probably isn't all that surprising.
                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

He is declaratively a worse manager. Just look at their respective records!

It's better than some of the names that were bandied about (O'Neill, Dalglish), but I was hoping we'd get towards the top end of realistically available candidates (Pellegrini, Hitzfeld).

Hodgson has enjoyed a couple of good years with Fulham, but has an awful lot of gremlins in his closet and will turn 63 in August. Nothing to be excited about.
                                          Pellergrini/Hutzfeld would see liverpool as a step down while Liverpool would be a step up for Hodgson....

Comment

The Casillas situation is much like Buffon in Italy, there were players performing at a higher level but when it comes down to it you're going to pick those two every time because of who they are. There is more to being a goalkeeper than talent alone like defensive partnerships, playing time and intimidation factor. Peruzzi was awarded best goalkeeper in Italy in 07 yet Buffon played every game that year.

just my 2c anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                              The Casillas situation is much like Buffon in Italy, there were players performing at a higher level but when it comes down to it you're going to pick those two every time because of who they are. There is more to being a goalkeeper than talent alone like defensive partnerships, playing time and intimidation factor. Peruzzi was awarded best goalkeeper in Italy in 07 yet Buffon played every game that year.

just my 2c anyway
                                              You watch alot more Italian football than me obv, but did Buffon ever look as error prone as Casillias has last season? He was like David James in his Liverpool days last season at times. Brilliant saves and then just throwing them in.

Comment

To be honest I really like Hodgson as a person, he comes across really well and I think he has the kind of class and dignity that Rafa had which is a great think, I jut hope he has balls as big as well. I also think he's a okay manager and he could do a decent job with Liverpool, but he's not even close to the class of Rafa and anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. I also hope Fulham don't end going on a slippery slope now too, vey fond of them as a club.

Comment

I feared for worse tbh, but i'll take it.

What's done is done obv, no point crying over the past, we just have to get on with it.
                                                  It's obv not an ideal appointment but I've always liked Roy Hodgson and while I never thought i'd see him as Liverpool boss, my guess is that the fans will get right behind him, which certaily won't hurt.

I realise most people see him as a temporary replacement until the club's sold and we have money for players, I wouldn't be so sure though, he has a chance now to prove himself in what in all likelihood is a dream job for him.

He obv realise that if he does well he may have a chance of hanging in there,and there is a chance. He's obv no fool and i'm genuinely looking forward to seeing how he does with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                    Pellergrini/Hutzfeld would see liverpool as a step down while Liverpool would be a step up for Hodgson....
                                                    Pellegrini just got bounced out of the biggest club football job in the world. Everything for the rest of his career is a step down.

Hitzfeld just got eliminated from the WC group stages and was reported by various sources as open to the Celtic job for a a couple of weeks before they confirmed Lennon.

Judging what one can from the media swarm on the Liverpool succession, it seems the club didn't seriously or aggressively pursue either of them. And that is just bollocks from where I'm sitting.

Liverpool is currently run by a bunch of incompetent bloodsuckers. And that pisses me off. *Shrug.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                      To be honest I really like Hodgson as a person, he comes across really well and I think he has the kind of class and dignity that Rafa had which is a great think, I jut hope he has balls as big as well. I also think he's a okay manager and he could do a decent job with Liverpool, but he's not even close to the class of Rafa and anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. I also hope Fulham don't end going on a slippery slope now too, vey fond of them as a club.
                                                      I'm sorry but Benitez had no class and dignity.
                                                      Its insulting to Roy Hodgson to compare them that way.

Comment

Its insulting to Roy Hodgson to compare them that way.

Comment

I feared for worse tbh, but i'll take it.

What's done is done obv, no point crying over the past, we just have to get on with it.
                                                          It's obv not an ideal appointment but I've always liked Roy Hodgson and while I never thought i'd see him as Liverpool boss, my guess is that the fans will get right behind him, which certaily won't hurt.

I realise most people see him as a temporary replacement until the club's sold and we have money for players, I wouldn't be so sure though, he has a chance now to prove himself in what in all likelihood is a dream job for him.

He obv realise that if he does well he may have a chance of hanging in there,and there is a chance. He's obv no fool and i'm genuinely looking forward to seeing how he does with us.
                                                          It's worth remembering that Hodgson did manage Inter for a while, which is certainly on a comparable level to the Liverpool job, so he has been in the big-club high-pressure situation before.

Comment

I agree with Eagle Eye, defending Rafa's management is one thing but he has come across as far less than classy and dignified on many occasions

Comment

You're seriously out of your depth here. Or else delusional. Pick one?

Comment

You watch alot more Italian football than me obv, but did Buffon ever look as error prone as Casillias has last season? He was like David James in his Liverpool days last season at times. Brilliant saves and then just throwing them in.
                                                                well not "throw the ball in your own net dida-esque" but his overall performance dipped majorly. seemed lethargic at times. But even a Buffon not playing his best is still pretty good much like ronaldo at the end of his career. He may not of been scoring 30 a year but he still had talent.

Speaking of goalkeepers. Next Season Milan will have their first decent goalkeeper for 5 or 6 years as well as a really good coach so expecting good things from them

Comment

I agree with Eagle Eye, defending Rafa's management is one thing but he has come across as far less than classy and dignified on many occasions
                                                                  He oozed class on many many more though, and left the city and club in a highly dignified fashion.

Comment

Here we go again..............................

Comment

Speaking of goalkeepers. Next Season Milan will have their first decent goalkeeper for 5 or 6 years as well as a really good coach so expecting good things from them
                                                                      Have ye injected any youth or pace into the side yet? If not, I wouldn't be getting my hopes up tbh.

Comment

He oozed class on many many more though, and left the city and club in a highly dignified fashion.
                                                                        This is so ridiculous. I could name thousands of people who have oozed class on many occasions but go off the handle and don't act dignified at other times. Roy Hodgson has never been anything but a gentleman in the public eye, to even compare Benitez who often was petty and disrespectful to others as anything even remotely similar to Hodgson is ludicrous.

Comment

Just heard word that the news break about an English international is about Steven Gerrard.

Apprently he got a 16 yr old pregnant and paid her to keep it quiet.
                                                                          Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

This is so ridiculous. I could name thousands of people who have oozed class on many occasions but go off the handle and don't act dignified at other times. Roy Hodgson has never been anything but a gentleman in the public eye, to even compare Benitez who often was petty and disrespectful to others as anything even remotely similar to Hodgson is ludicrous.
                                                                            To say Hodgson is a classier individual than Benitez doesn't mean that Benitez is classless. Much as to say Hodgson is a classier individual than Benitez certainly doesn't mean he is a better manager. Hodgson is a likable individual, but he ultimately cost the club £8m and doesn't have near the capabilities or record of achievement that Benitez had.

Anyway, he's here now. We'll see what comes of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                                              Just heard word that the news break about an English international is about Steven Gerrard.

what planet have you been living on for the last few months?
                                                                              and don't you read here brian?

search google - gerrard 16 year old pregnant and there and thousands of rumours - one is that its ronnie whelans daughter or neice...

when that does come out fully can see him moving on - then does torres stay?

Comment

People are beyond fucked up

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post

Rumour has been doing the rounds for months now. I really couldn't give a fuck. 16 is legal in the UK assuming she wasn't a student of his so it won't affect his availability for the club. He is already an extremely unlikable individual, and this story (or some other negative happenings in his personal life) has already impacted significantly on his form.

He was a cunt, is a cunt, will be a cunt and the release (or veracity) of this story can do nothing to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                    People are beyond fucked up

hmm people who look up lamebook and watch jermey kyle are not not far behind

Comment

Rumour has been doing the rounds for months now. I really couldn't give a fuck. 16 is legal in the UK assuming she wasn't a student of his so it won't affect his availability for the club. He is already an extremely unlikable individual, and this story (or some other negative happenings in his personal life) has already impacted significantly on his form.

He was a cunt, is a cunt, will be a cunt and the release (or veracity) of this story can do nothing to change that.
                                                                                      Do you not think it would be bad for the club if he leaves, i know he hasn't been playing great etc but him leaving could see others move on,

Comment

Just trying to improve my knowledge and understanding of the human race is all.

Comment

Lloyd what you fail to realize is that anyone who alludes to the fact that Big Sam is a awful childish bollix who has his head shoved up Fergie's hole, makes big things out of small hand gestures and pick fights to suit Fergie's retarded tabloid games lacks class

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZBaf190H0[/ame]

clearly a scumbag imo

Comment

Hodsgon is a good appointment.

Comment

When did you start being allowed use again? If ever the banhammer needed to come out, it's for you and your fkin smiley!

Comment

Have ye injected any youth or pace into the side yet? If not, I wouldn't be getting my hopes up tbh.
                                                                                                Not yet, but making good positional moves for once, brought in a solid keeper, a strong centre back, looking at Fabiano and some young south american midfielders. Also young wing backs as well, but no money will be spent on them, probably loan deals or free transfers as silvio is tightening the belt. Spending too much money on coke and hookers obviosuly

Comment

Hodsgon is a good appointment.
                                                                                                  about time you made a good appointment

Comment

Agree with what you said Lloyd about him beinga cnut just cos somethings legal does not make it in anyway right.
                                                                                                    Used be legal to shoot aboriginees in australia heinous and all as it is it was legal.
                                                                                                    He will still have his millions of pounds and blind adoring fans who think hes a legend along with that scumbag Terry these priks should be setting examples to kids but there horrible overpaid overrated gimps.

Comment

Not yet, but making good positional moves for once, brought in a solid keeper, a strong centre back, looking at Fabiano and some young south american midfielders. Also young wing backs as well, but no money will be spent on them, probably loan deals or free transfers as silvio is tightening the belt. Spending too much money on coke and hookers obviosuly
                                                                                                      If Silvio is not putting in the money how will Milan afford Fabiano? They've also been linked with Ibrahimovic at other stages, paper talk obviously, but will they have any kind of transfer budget at all this summer? I'd heard elsewhere he was going to put in alot of cash this summer but again it was all idle speculation not backed up by anything

Comment

I hope the story does break and it's gives him reason to move abroad.

Comment

Now onto Hodgson, I feel sorry for the guy. Liverpool at this time is a poison chalice, anything worse than 4th and he will be gone imo. If he had waited a year that job is likely to be available again.

He has been a great manager for many, many years. He was very successful in Sweden and with Switzerland as national coach. He then went and took over at Inter and turned a really bad team around but before he got to taste success there he got the Blackburn job.

I know a lot about his time in Blackburn and he was very unfortunate in his time there. He was way ahead of his time when he arrived back in England. He brought in fitness coaches, dieticians, double training sessions, bleep tests and all manner of other things that were not the norm back then but are all part of a Premier league setupnow.

We started under Hodgson like a house on fire, playing the best football I've ever seen Rovers play. There was trouble in the camp though and player power got the better of the club and results went against us and Roy got the blame. Tim Sherwood was at the fore in this and got sold to Spurs soon after and Blackburn stupidly hired Brian Kidd, alright enough of the bad times.

Anyways he went off abroad again with his reputation in England badly damaged by idiot players who didn't want to work so hard for different reasons, I know Sherwood had become a businessman and didn't like the amount of time he had to commit to the club under Hodgson.

The job he has done at Fulham is remarkable. I wonder if he will try and take players from there, Hangeland would be a great one for Liverpool. Anyways even though I am sick to the teeth of the Rafa brigade I do hope that Hodgson does well there.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                            about time you made a good appointment
                                                                                                            Huh? You are a little crazy sir.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                              Agree with what you said Lloyd about him beinga cnut just cos somethings legal does not make it in anyway right.
                                                                                                              Used be legal to shoot aboriginees in australia heinous and all as it is it was legal.
                                                                                                              He will still have his millions of pounds and blind adoring fans who think hes a legend along with that scumbag Terry these priks should be setting examples to kids but there horrible overpaid overrated gimps.
                                                                                                              Mick, just to be clear on this: I do not think a man of his age engaging in a sexual relationship with a 16 year old (no less getting her pregnant) would be in anyway right. Nor am I naive enough to think that because it has been rumoured for a long time it must be true.

I am simply noting that I detest Gerrard irrespective of this story being true or not, and pointing out that tabloid confirmation of it would not impact on Gerrard's performances or value in any significant way.

Comment

If Silvio is not putting in the money how will Milan afford Fabiano? They've also been linked with Ibrahimovic at other stages, paper talk obviously, but will they have any kind of transfer budget at all this summer? I'd heard elsewhere he was going to put in alot of cash this summer but again it was all idle speculation not backed up by anything
                                                                                                                30 million is the summer budget, 20 for transfers and 10 for kids for the youth team as making big investments there. Also by offloading Huntelaar for 15 mil. Also pretty much all the players have taken wage cuts so freed up some more cash there. Liked the Ibrahimovic rumour myself, he would fit in well but with Pato, Borreillo, Huntelaar and Ronaldinho some of them would have to move on. Huntelaar and Ronaldinho would be my guess.

Comment

I actually think Hodgson could be a great appointment for Liverpool in the short to medium term. He's almost 63 so he's not gonna be at the club more than 3/4 years imo (if even that).

Hodgson's one truly great skill is being able to cajole mediocre players into playing above themselves consistently (Pantsil, Konchesky, Etuhu, Gera, he almost got Zamora to South Africa ffs!) and setting down a very clear game plan for players to stick to. He probably hasn't had to deal with the sort of divas he will get in the Liverpool dressing room for a while now but I'd imagine he'll be well able for it.

If Gerrard et al do abandon ship he is capable of keeping Liverpool competitive at the top end of the table until new owners and money come in and a younger manager can come in and start to build.

Also, remember that Hodgson brought Haangeland to Fulham for pittance, sold a squad player who couldn't get into the first team to United for a few million, revived Bobby Zamora and Danny Murphy, took Fulham to its highest ever position in the league and beat some top class teams on their way to the Europa League final. All this with one of the smallest fan bases and stadium in the Premiership as well as having a budget of 5 packets of Tayto and a packet of Marietta biscuits to run the team on.

Given Liverpool's current travails, could they ask for a better manager?
                                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Do you not think it would be bad for the club if he leaves, i know he hasn't been playing great etc but him leaving could see others move on,
                                                                                                                    Players are going to leave anyway now that Benitez has gone. Mascherano leaving is a given at this point, Kuyt delayed on signing a new contract last year in lieu of finding out what would happen with Benitez, Benayoun is gone.

Gerrard is a beaten docket in terms of the long haul. I have no doubt that his last great season was 2008 / 9. He is a 30 year old midfielder who has relied on explosive athleticism as a key component of his performances down through the years, and has a lengthy history of niggly injuries. It's all downhill from here irrespective of who is managing the team.

Of course, he is probably still capable of better than last season. But people need to accept that the ceiling of capability will diminish sharply from this season on.

If we could get ~£20m for him that could be reinvested in the squad I'd be fine with it at this point. Much rather cashing in on him now and clearing his contract off the books than waiting two more seasons to when he becomes a hulking elephant in the corner of the dressing room overshadowing the team and manager to a level way in excess of his actual ability by that point.

Comment

Mick, just to be clear on this: I do not think a man of his age engaging in a sexual relationship with a 16 year old (no less getting her pregnant) would be in anyway right. Nor am I naive enough to think that because it has been rumoured for a long time it must be true.

I am simply noting that I detest Gerrard irrespective of this story being true or not, and pointing out that tabloid confirmation of it would not impact on Gerrard's performances or value in any significant way.
                                                                                                                      i know didnt mean to write it like you thought it was acceptable cos its legal my writing skills are pretty low.
                                                                                                                      But with it being technically legal he could well get away with a slap on the wrist while someone especially an athlete could be ruined for say smoking a joint cos its illegal

women throw themselves at footballers and im sure be hard to say no but why nail the really young ones

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Given Liverpool's current travails, could they ask for a better manager?
                                                                                                                        sure

Comment

sick bink for the girl imo

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X