X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
    The white Ghana Jersey is quality.
    Same as the German Jersey imo, one of the lads was wearing it the other night.

Orange Ivory Coast kit is class.

Argentina Jersey is best one at the WC i think.

Comment

The white Ghana Jersey is quality.
      You know longer want this then (http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...postcount=26)?

Cant say I blame ya in fairness

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
        Ace runs so bad though wit big hands,

AA<AK all in pre
        AQ = A9 all in on AA103 board
        folded QQ to be shown 1010

was good putting name to face
        Couldnt believe you folded QQ in that spot...Should of been a great fold, she was such a rock.

My biggest mistake was folding 33 on the BB with 6 BB's left!
        you gone now Ace?

Yeah was nice meeting u.
        Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Just heard from a English journo friend that a huge story about an England International is likely to break tomorrow or the next day. Mofo won't tell me what it is or who it is about but he does say its huge. He said they have been sitting on it unlike what happened with Terrygate until England's world cup campaign was over. He says it just has to clear the lawyers now.

I'm gonna bug him all day tomorrow to try and find out who it is.
          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
            Couldnt believe you folded QQ in that spot...Should of been a great fold, she was such a rock.

you gone now Ace?

Yeah was nice meeting u.
            Helmuth-esque

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
              Just heard from a English journo friend that a huge story about an England International is likely to break tomorrow or the next day. Mofo won't tell me what it is or who it is about but he does say its huge. He said they have been sitting on it unlike what happened with Terrygate until England's world cup campaign was over. He says it just has to clear the lawyers now.

Gerrard imo

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                Same as the German Jersey imo, one of the lads was wearing it the other night.
                How is it the same?, 2 different brands, 2 different styles,they're both white alright i'll give you that.

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                You know longer want this then (http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...postcount=26)?

Cant say I blame ya in fairness
                Yeah I still want one, you can give pp my addresse.
                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

that the €60 game? What payouts like? UL
                  Yteah thats the one.

7 places paid, 7th got 80 euro
                  1st got 1.2k

was meant to be dealing this but i was not required, then joe o neil stuck me in the game..for the first half of the day i believe i played the best poker of my life..then towards the end i slipped up.

Was in the Voodoo until 7.30 AM last night, didnt sleep until 9.30 then up at 1 so i probably burnt out.
                  Last edited by BrianByrne; 27-06-10, 23:53.
                  Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Helmuth-esque
                    blinds were 1.5k - 3, i was in the big blind with like 15k.

Early position raiser, then a reraise from a rock (putting me all in )...i folded, turned out they both had AK and i was miles ahead
                    Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

you gone now Ace?

Yeah was nice meeting u.
                      meh the guy beside you was in total shock when he saw the QQ - she probably would have spike a 10 though.

nope i'm gone - gifted 30k to some chap(think u were there for that? ) -
                      then lost another 30k in a 3 way pot - assumed i was ahead on the turn, only for guy in seat 1 to flop Quads - meh

and then 88<A9 (same guy that had K10 v ur AA) - was fun game though.

Comment

Friday night lights is currently on TV3. About half hour into it....

Comment

It's the Gerrard story that is probably the worst kept rumour/story/scandal in history.

Comment

Comment

it's about Ashleys ghey cover up. Apologise to your mate for me, but sitting on a story is bad play in the journo game.

seewhaimean about the tabloids, da English are obsessed. Tabloids run the country over there.
                              Last edited by Solskjaer; 28-06-10, 00:01.

Comment

[QUOTE=eagle eye;106873]Just heard from a English journo friend that a huge story about an England International is likely to break tomorrow or the next day. Mofo won't tell me what it is or who it is about but he does say its huge. He said they have been sitting on it unlike what happened with Terrygate until England's world cup campaign was over. He says it just has to clear the lawyers now.

I'm gonna bug him all day tomorrow to try and find out who it is.[/QUO

gerrard cheating or rooney!

Comment

meh the guy beside you was in total shock when he saw the QQ - she probably would have spike a 10 though.

then lost another 30k in a 3 way pot - assumed i was ahead on the turn, only for guy in seat 1 to flop Quads - meh

Results based thinking

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                    It's the Gerrard story that is probably the worst kept rumour/story/scandal in history.
                                    Nah, it's definately about the Capello - Heskey - Upson love triangle.

Comment

[quote=aodea;106885]

I'm gonna bug him all day tomorrow to try and find out who it is.[/QUO

gerrard cheating or rooney!
                                      surely u heard about gerrard gettin a 16 year old pregnant(supposely ronnie whelan's daughter)?

Comment

Aye she was running good, sick when here 9's cracked the Kings.

tbh when i joined your table it all went downhill for me, on the other i was able to 3bet steal and bluff a lot easier enabling me to accumulate chips, think the table we were on was toughest in terms of Agression levels, mainly induced by yourself.

Unlucky on not cashing, you were playing really well
                                        Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                          it's about Ashleys ghey cover up.
                                          That's a fair point, like he had Cheryl at home, wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                            Results based thinking
                                            how?

blinds are liks 500/1k, utg limps, she ships all in for 25K and i'm next to act and look down at QQ - wtf do you do there? when earlier on in the nite she raised all in with AA twice - her range is made up on AA/KK like 80% of the time so i thought it was a good fold - meh - she showed 1010 when everyone folded.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                              Brag - another world cup jersey in the bag, thanks PPP.

Which to get this time BBV? Spain away and Holland away already secured (USA away was out of stock)
                                              Im seeing a pattern here

I get rivered on the ft, you get the shirt
                                              hope its made of a cheap polly blend

ooh and in the words of the Highlander
                                              there can be only one
                                              Last edited by Guest; 28-06-10, 00:14.

Comment

That's a fair point, like he had Cheryl at home, wtf?
                                                Im not joking. I know a guy who writes for the sun, reckons he has been with Sol Cambell a few years ago
                                                up the arsenal will be the headine.

Comment

Double post.
                                                  Last edited by BrianByrne; 28-06-10, 00:11.
                                                  Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

how?

blinds are liks 500/1k, utg limps, she ships all in for 25K and i'm next to act and look down at QQ - wtf do you do there? when earlier on in the nite she raised all in with AA twice - her range is made up on AA/KK like 80% of the time so i thought it was a good fold - meh - she showed 1010 when everyone folded.
                                                    This is why i folded the 3's to her prelop reraise, her range was so narrow i was sure i was facing an overpair, thought i might find a better spot. i agree with you folding thr QQ there, However from my experience of dealing to her i would of insta called as to me it screamed out AK as from what i recall , she cant play these hands very well post flop and as a result ends up shipping them pre..with 25 BB's tho..was a ridonkulous move.
                                                    Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                      I forgot all about that one, its probably what it is too. I'll find out tomorrow unless it comes out tomorrow.
                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Lads, sorry i'm bored so i'll say it.

Ace, folding queens to someone who'll openshove any decent pair and AK and possibly AQ is bad but telling people you folded queens there is absolutely criminal.
                                                        Saying that AA and KK make up 80% of her range is silly and you should know that, we've all played with this type of 'player' at some stage.

Brian, folding any pair on the BB with 4 bigs behind should never ever happen again.

Comment

Aye she was running good, sick when here 9's cracked the Kings.

tbh when i joined your table it all went downhill for me, on the other i was able to 3bet steal and bluff a lot easier enabling me to accumulate chips, think the table we were on was toughest in terms of Agression levels, mainly induced by yourself.

Unlucky on not cashing, you were playing really well
                                                          3bet/4bettin light can be good fun - i just gotta learn not 2 show not that it made any difference

Comment

Ace, folding queens to someone who'll openshove any decent pair and AK and possibly AQ is bad but telling people you folded queens there is absolutely criminal.
                                                            Saying that AA and KK make up 80% of her range is silly and you should know that, we've all played with this type of 'player' at some stage.

Brian, folding any pair on the BB with 4 bigs behind should never ever happen again.
                                                            Your right mate, i was sick to my stomach that i did..certainly wont happen again.
                                                            Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Your right mate, i was sick to my stomach that i did..certainly wont happen again.
                                                              Not having a go btw, just offering advice is all. I hope you call next time and hit quads.

Comment

no i never said that she'd openshoved any decent pair - i said that she only opened shoved two hands all nite (6+ hours playing with her) and both times she showed AA (when it was wayyyyyyyyy more than 25BB's) so how i can ever be good there? also - do i flat call with 4/5 players behind including an utg limper? At the time i was like there is no other hand that she is openshoving than AA/KK and maybe AK very small % of the time. There is no point in me calling if i think i'm behind.

Dynamics of a table tell you alot more than just readin that i folded QQ to a raise, whats my range of hands for callin ther?

Comment

Not having a go btw, just offering advice is all. I hope you call next time and hit quads.
                                                                  Haha, i would of actually won the hand and been right back in it had i called...biggest mistake all day and it effectivley cost me my tournament, had i called i would have trippled up and been sat on about 35-40k.

I appreciate all the advise i can get, live poker is a new venture for me and every time i play i feel im learning a lot and adding more to my arsenal. sickening to go out so close to the final table but im delighted with how well i did, biggest buy in tournament ive played with the biggest field and i held my own well.

Ideally i would have liked to steal a lot more pots and accumulate a bigger stack towards the end, but ace amongst others were 3bet/4betting with air which made i extremly difficult..so i had to sit tight, pick certain spots in position and whenever i did this my opponent happened to wake up with a real hand and having A's cracked by K10hh didnt help either..but as i say, its all a learning curve and ill do better next time.
                                                                  Last edited by BrianByrne; 28-06-10, 00:43.
                                                                  Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

cause you would have won the hand - results based thinking imo
                                                                    but yea you should have been all in there.

Comment

Your right it is slightly results based as had an A or K spiked on the board i would of been delighted with the fold, however as yourself and Danny have said you really have to shove there and hope for the best.
                                                                      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

no i never said that she'd openshoved any decent pair - i said that she only opened shoved two hands all nite (6+ hours playing with her) and both times she showed AA (when it was wayyyyyyyyy more than 25BB's) so how i can ever be good there? also - do i flat call with 4/5 players behind including an utg limper? At the time i was like there is no other hand that she is openshoving than AA/KK and maybe AK very small % of the time. There is no point in me calling if i think i'm behind.

Dynamics of a table tell you alot more than just readin that i folded QQ to a raise, whats my range of hands for callin ther?
                                                                        I've played with this type of player many times. You have too.She doesn't want to raise and play a hand, just get the chips in pre.

Your queens are well ahead of her range, and no you don't flat call, you ship your stack in.
                                                                        I obv wasn't there and am not aware of the exact dynamics of the situation but we've all played with her many times if you know what I mean.

Don't take offence btw it's just my opinion of course, but their are players like this in every club up and down the country, i'm only commenting because i've been in this spot alot and i'd never fold that hand there. It's pretty standard stuff really,Each to their own though!

Comment

meh @ least germany won

Comment

meh @ least germany won
                                                                            Cheers, Just trying to be helpful. I'll save my energy in future.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                              Im not joking. I know a guy who writes for the sun, reckons he has been with Sol Cambell a few years ago
                                                                              up the arsenal will be the headine.
                                                                              Judging by the fact that Rooney's face looked like a scared little boy's all match long today, I'm gonna put my money on a Rooney - Maddie McCann News of the World exclusive shocker.

Comment

Cheers, Just trying to be helpful. I'll save my energy in future.
                                                                                i thanked your post which means i somewhat agree wit you, and then the post about germany was my only braggish part of the nite.

Comment

i thanked your post which means i somewhat agree wit you, and then the post about germany was my only braggish part of the nite.
                                                                                  Fair enough so!

You can understand how I might be a little sensitive.
                                                                                  Last edited by dannydiamond; 28-06-10, 01:02.

Comment

Quick question:

Any way to prevent the shakes? whenever im involved in a pot, regardless of whether im bluffing or have a strong hand when im cutting my chips my hand shakes ..Not sure if its majorly noticeable but i cant control it, even if im not feeling nervous it happens, its really frustrating.

Is this common and does it settle over time?

Maybe a couple of shots pregame would do the trick
                                                                                    Last edited by BrianByrne; 28-06-10, 01:56.
                                                                                    Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Experience is the best thing for it really
                                                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

hangover is really kicking in now

Comment

Just watched the first episode of the new season of Entourage. Great that its back on.

Comment

Quick question:

Any way to prevent the shakes? whenever im involved in a pot, regardless of whether im bluffing or have a strong hand when im cutting my chips my hand shakes ..Not sure if its majorly noticeable but i cant control it, even if im not feeling nervous it happens, its really frustrating.

Stop playing above your level, or else it will come naturally.

Comment

Round 2 qualifier fixtures:

Kildare/Antrim v Leitrim
                                                                                              Dublin v Tipperary
                                                                                              Cork v Cavan
                                                                                              Offaly v Waterford
                                                                                              Galway/Sligo v Wexford
                                                                                              Fermanagh v Armagh
                                                                                              Down v Longford
                                                                                              Westmeath v Derry

Fer V Arm the pick of them really.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                                                Last night I somehow agreed to play a football tournament in aid of the National Council for the Blind - both sighted and blind people can play but if sighted you have to wear a blindfold. Sounded like it would be great fun last night, but now it's starting to dawn on me just how scary this will be.
                                                                                                Was pretty scary but also fun, did run into a wall though, very painful. Scored a penalty too which I normally can't do sighted!
                                                                                                "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Quick question:

It will settle after awhile, I have naturally shakey hands so have them all the time but realisticly its not a major concern, people in 60 euro games could see aces reflected in your glasses and still call it off. Just play more live and you will naturally lose them. For moment if your worried about it use it when bluffing aswell force your hands to shake.

That or have a beeer before beer at break etc.

Comment

nothing like a bit of expert football analysis imo
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Over the last couple of years, i've been telling the kids bedtime stories. They've been telling their friends and i'm looking into the idea of getting my stories/ideas into a book to see if there's any interest.

The stories base themselves around a particular character who is the focal point in every story. If it takes off, there's a chance cuddly toys/merchandise from it, and further down the line the line maybe cartoons or something.

From what i read, you can't patent ideas or characters, you can only copyright them, so would i need to get a book published in order to copyright the character and ideas? Alternatively, is there a way to get the character/idea patented before i go down the long line of getting a book published?

Any other useful ideas/info/sites that might help me along the way. Cheers

Tony

Comment

WP Gavonator - 3rd in the Second Chance for $25+k
                                                                                                        One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          Over the last couple of years, i've been telling the kids bedtime stories. They've been telling their friends and i'm looking into the idea of getting my stories/ideas into a book to see if there's any interest.

The stories base themselves around a particular character who is the focal point in every story. If it takes off, there's a chance cuddly toys/merchandise from it, and further down the line the line maybe cartoons or something.

From what i read, you can't patent ideas or characters, you can only copyright them, so would i need to get a book published in order to copyright the character and ideas? Alternatively, is there a way to get the character/idea patented before i go down the long line of getting a book published?

Tony
                                                                                                          not to burst your bubble or anything but I doubt there's going to be a huge market for kids storybook characters called 'Danny the Degen' or 'Paddy the Punter'

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            not to burst your bubble or anything but I doubt there's going to be a huge market for kids storybook characters called 'Danny the Degen' or 'Paddy the Punter'
                                                                                                            '"Tony the 'tache"?
                                                                                                            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

TLDR etc.
                                                                                                              Friday night I started drinking at 7 ish , ended up in Buck Whaleys in true 90s drinking degen fashion. I'm still not recovered. Turn the clock back 12 or so years, I leave Buck Whaleys, fall asleep waiting for a cab at the Canal at about 4.30 am. I wake up at 12.00 on Saturday with people walking by the comatosed hobo on the canal bank. Later that night I'm off on the batter again with ZERO ill effects exchanging drunken banter with Jonathan Philbin Bowman in Abracabra in Baggot Street.
                                                                                                              Turn the clock forward 12 years and two days later, I'm struggling to butter bread , the light on the remote control is blinding me, the mobile is turned OFF and I'm running out of ice and Nurefen, there is a wasp in the curtains and I call the SWAT team from rolled up newspaper land. It was not murder I tell myself as I silence that infernal buzzing sound I then collapse like Rocky after the 2nd fight with Appollo Creed and finally just about muster up the energy to LMAO at the English. In my shambolic state though, I could still see the ball clearly going over the line in real time. Is technology the answer? Well a WASP zapper is deffo the way forward imo.

Comment

Ace & BrianByrne - nice meeting you in the Voodoo last night. I was in seat 9.

first time there and it was a great tournie for the low buy-in etc. The table was great fun and some really great plays etc. Should be back again. Finish 11th when my AK hit KK - should have done better the way I was playing but at thta stage I felt I needed to make plays with the big hands.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guardian
                                                                                                                  Prior to this tournament, there were only 2,769 English coaches holding Uefa's top qualifications. Spain has produced 23,995, Italy 29,420, Germany 34,970 and France 17,588
                                                                                                                  Probably the crux of the issue really when you get right down to it.
                                                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Werewolf Ate - Masquerade is now open for business.New players especially welcome.

Sign-up here.
                                                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Tony
                                                                                                                      Obv check with a professional but ...
                                                                                                                      AFAIK you don't need to be published to assert copyright.
                                                                                                                      Make a first draft of a book along with an overview of your characters drawings etc and send out a couple of copies to children's book publishers with a copyright notice printed on the document. I think that if you created a Website and started publishing it there you would also be able to assert copyright.
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

that's what you get for going to Leeson St. in this day and age imo

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                          Probably the crux of the issue really when you get right down to it.
                                                                                                                          The English have always had a dismal attitude towards UEFAs coaching system/badges.

You probably recall the fuss when UEFA wouldn't rubberstamp Glen Roeder and Gareth Southgate as managers because they didn't have the 'A' License. The PL chairman overruled UEFA and allowed the clubs to appoint Roeder and Southgate after tabloid campaigns that could be summed up as "these guys have been pros for 15 years, how dare those interfering clowns at UEFA tell us they can't be managers just because they haven't done some silly course".

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X