This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pocketdooz View Post
    No serious relationship, could get a job elsewhere pretty easily ( I reckon), have US citizenship and EU obviously so that's 26+ countries to choose from, good health, little debt, family all grown, parents in good health etc.

Anything else I'm missing?
    Solid Brag IMO

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
      You need two more teams!
      Poland and Ukraine imo

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
        Poland and Ukraine imo
        Doh.
        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

No serious relationship, could get a job elsewhere pretty easily ( I reckon), have US citizenship and EU obviously so that's 26+ countries to choose from, good health, little debt, family all grown, parents in good health etc.

Anything else I'm missing?
          leaving the country is not an option if you are an avid Guinness lover - I have yet to experience a quality pint of Guinness in a foreign land

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
            + + HD TV does me, and mkv files work fine
            I own that machine but have had issues with mkv files. Namely, the audio will not work. Picture is fine but can't hear a thing.
            Still, no huge issue as you can just get some MKV converters such as mkv vob to do the job for you.

Oh, just reading up on nutrition debate. Can anyone tell me what the issue with white bread is? Seeing as I go through about 20 slices a week...

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
              leaving the country is not an option if you are an avid Guinness lover - I have yet to experience a quality pint of Guinness in a foreign land
              Nigeria imo

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  Solid Brag IMO
                  wasn't meant to sound that way, just asking PL what he else he meant by "loads of other stuff would have a much bigger weighting than that"
                  No Sig To See Here

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                    Nigeria imo
                    sold
                    No Sig To See Here

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                      Someone will undoubtedly have a better answer, but essentially white bread is bread with all the good stuff taken out ...

http://www.greenlivingtips.com/artic...own-bread.html
                      I alternate bread a decent amount, with wholemeal you feel better, plus have that smug feeling of eating good, but white bread tastes so much better.

wasn't meant to sound that way, just asking PL what he else he meant by "loads of other stuff would have a much bigger weighting than that"
                      i think olly posted a fairly inclusive list before. but i just thought that prospects/debt/relationships/mobility/etc etc would be the main factors. the older you are the less likely you're gonna be free, but i didn't think you be too old just on it's own.

Comment

I guessed that. As a serious answer - there sounds like bugger all to stop you. Age isn't an issue generally, and it's not as if you're that old either.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                          Blame all the people that have been campaigning for 10million starting chips and 3 hour blinds for the last few years. The same players also want free food and dealers at every table.

17bb average sounds reasonable to me at stage anyway considering that there will be a large amount of people running on the spot around 10bbs and several more blinding away completely.

Under €1000 its going to be impossible to run with a WSOP main event style event without a massive company throwing money at it. The IPO and the Deepstack do a good job at bringing certain elements of the major events to the lower buy in market but its just not feasible to go all out.
                          Never was an issue for myself. I'd rather they ditch the food if it allowed them to improve the value on offer in terms of the structure.

I accept the main train of what you're saying, and Mike himself has decently accounted for what is happening.

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                          More importantly can someone give me a reason to support either the Saints or the Colts please.
                          This is a no brainer. Hurricane Katrina just isn't far enough in the past.
                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                            I guessed that. As a serious answer - there sounds like bugger all to stop you. Age isn't an issue generally, and it's not as if you're that old either.
                            Assuming this is Glowing Mind? Ye, I think you're right about the age thing. Just probably should have done it at 21-24 maybe. Who knows? Maybe I'll just spend the 'summer' here and then f**k off to Asia
                            No Sig To See Here

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                              Never was an issue for myself. I'd rather they ditch the food if it allowed them to improve the value on offer in terms of the structure.
                              I definitely agree, but you'd be surprised by how much of an issue this is for the average tournament player. It can be the difference between playing and not playing for some weird reason.
                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                Oh, just reading up on nutrition debate. Can anyone tell me what the issue with white bread is? Seeing as I go through about 20 slices a week...
                                White bread and any other high simple carbohydrate food like it (pasta,rice) is a huge source of energy as its made of mostly simple sugars. Which is fine in itself, but the effects are two pronged.

a) If eating a lot of it, you'll likely be eating a lot of "empty" calories. i.e. getting energy your never going to use.

b) It spikes your insulin levels, just like mars bar, or can of coke which is not only slightly addictive and makes you crave more simple carbs and it cycles but it also means that you are much more likely to store the energy spoken about before as fat.

Thats why eating noodles on toast late at night is a pretty bad idea.

Caveat: this of course applies to everyday joe soaps, if you are fairly active or an athlete it really doesnt matter what kind of carbs you get.

Comment

A quite brilliant piece of music. For some reason seems very fitting for a Sunday.
                                  It also featured in the film Napoleon Dynamite. Heck of a film.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJg1NNyke2E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJg1NNyke2E[/ame]

Comment

I was trying to browse the BBV from my Samsung Jet last night and it struggled last night to keep up whether I was logged in or not. My fault for getting a $hite phone I know.

I am curious to see if you guys are going to introduce a mobile/pda optimized version of the site or a skin indeed. Is it in the pipeline?

Comment

Gotta love the flower of Scotland anthem

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mkr19RSG6k[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIGvqxN--aY[/ame]
                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I thought the Broken Bells album was such a disappointment given how much I love The Shins.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                            I thought the Broken Bells album was such a disappointment given how much I love The Shins.
                                            I dunno, was never a Shins fan so I might have approached it with a different mindset to others. The song above is pretty boss whatever way you look at it though.

Comment

Argh Scotland.

Comment

Anyone able to tell me what's wrong with these mp3 players? They look amazing for the general price of about £20, but surely there's some catch:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-16GB-MP3-M...item27af25ae0e
                                                They look like a really bad knock off, get one so

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                Meteor do the most annoying adds, the fkcing cranky tea lady moaning about the office lads cleaning up after themselves is just pure muck, wtf. I'd empty the bledin kettle over that hag

Back today in the 270 event, trying to catch the last hour of the golf now as Quiros tries to putt himself out of contention.

great group for Ireland, somebody up there taking pity at last.
                                                Best of luck today Mr Solkstired.

How old is too old to emigrate?
                                                Never, Canada imo
                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

just sounds like dreary old indie crap to me!

Comment

Get your tickets to Scroobious pip?
                                                    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

yup! can't wait. you going this time?

Comment

yup! can't wait. you going this time?
                                                        Yup, the lads i'm going with are all looking to get these. I'm not so sure.

Should be great though.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                          I was trying to browse the BBV from my Samsung Jet last night and it struggled last night to keep up whether I was logged in or not. My fault for getting a $hite phone I know.

I am curious to see if you guys are going to introduce a mobile/pda optimized version of the site or a skin indeed. Is it in the pipeline?
                                                          There is an iphone optimised skin, so that might work? I haven't done anything with it though xcept install it as it comes and haven't tried it out. There is a 'mobile' skin as well, but it is fairly rubbish I believe.

Alos, to Hitchhikers... RTE Player has an international versin now where you can watch only the RTE produced content (as opposed to lots of things to watch from inside ireland) and that includes the late late.

Comment

Some more Sunday music, this is so good. Although there is one awful part a minute in but thankfully it only lasts 15 seconds

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbuP-EsWc-E[/ame]
                                                            Last edited by RasTa; 07-02-10, 15:44.
                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Anyone able to tell me what's wrong with these mp3 players? They look amazing for the general price of about £20, but surely there's some catch:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-16GB-MP3-M...item27af25ae0e
                                                              There made by the same lads who made these phone's
                                                              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDLqnUKTRp8"]Top of the range[/ame]

Comment

There are a lot of reasons against putting you on ignore - good solid reasons. But I really want to sometimes!

Comment

Good to see a half of rugby which wasn't a giant kicking contest.

Comment

I won a points tourney on Party to the monthly Million $670, do they give you tournament dollars like Stars or whats the story??

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                      I won a points tourney on Party to the monthly Million $670, do they give you tournament dollars like Stars or whats the story??
                                                                      Try and unreg and see what happens!
                                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

France have handled Scotland extremely well. I expect them to put on a few points between now and the final whistle. Going to be a huge ask over there next week - particularly when they will be champing at the bit to stuff us after last year.

Comment

Drogba > Torres

That is all.

Comment

Play it, softest tourny around. Handy $1k+

Comment

Yeah decided to play it, I hope you are right!!

Comment

Arsenal playing there usual frustrating to watch game today.............

Comment

Yeah decided to play it, I hope you are right!!
                                                                                  GL. It is a good tourny and full of donks, bide your time get into the money then ship it. Easy. You will be rich tonight.

Believe

Comment

Frawley
                                                                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                      France have handled Scotland extremely well. I expect them to put on a few points between now and the final whistle. Going to be a huge ask over there next week - particularly when they will be champing at the bit to stuff us after last year.
                                                                                      Absolute joke. France should have had well over 30 points only for foolish errors. Cost me a bet. Hope Ireland stuff the frogs next week.

Comment

C'mon Arsenal ffs..... batter them!

Comment

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Swivel on that Fergie

Comment

Good game, Chelsea were a little lucky but deserved to win. I thought it was refereed very well.

Comment

Hopefully arsenal can make it 3 in a row on Weds, but I have a horrible feeling they might try to unload on Liverpool.

Comment

Someone add this to the cousins

Comment

Drogba really was the difference today, as if he knew people were debating his relative merits on the BBV...
                                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

...

Comment

Watched the first two shows of this last night and it is excellent. Really good characters and the female spy (Lana Kane afair) is waaayyy to hot for an animated character. Given the humour its no surprise that it is being shown in the us right after "always sunny in phil". Definitely going to stick with it. Only about 21 mins per show, so no harm in giving it a spin. Ole has it deposited with cousins for anyone interested.

Agent Lana Kane on the right! :::

You have a link for this show?

This is from the people who made frisky dingo.

Comment

Pissed myself after episode 5 alright. Loving it. Going back through Frisky Dingo and Harvey Birdman after it.
                                                                                                        Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Drogba did what any striker worth his salt would do. Scored from 2 yards and 6 yards. He was nothing special.

IMO of course

Comment

Flash Gordon just started on ITV4+1

you know it makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                  Flash Gordon just started on ITV4+1

you know it makes sense!
                                                                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_dWpCy8rdc&NR=1[/ame]

Comment

Nice bit of pure pain in the Se 120 game-drooler limps one of the co,other competent limps aswell I make it 650 on the button with the qjski.

The flop cometh 9 10 2 with two clubs. Spittle face mashed his hand to indicate a check. I bet just under the pot. He calls.

Turn comes a jack completing the flush so we now have toppest pair,an up and down straight draw but no flush draw. Dude checks again. We have the best hand here for sure.
                                                                                                                    I bet the full pot. He finally puts his whole tank in and makes the call.

For a brief moment I think Ugh maybe we dead here after all but I come to my senses quickly when he reveals the 4h 4s no club. Very nice hand Sir.

Irrelevant-poker rewards this genius instantly popping up the 4d on the river. Any old 4-there are two of them in the deck after all.

Yes please.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                      Play it, softest tourny around. Handy $1k+

Maybe if you dont run set into over set twice in the first hour and then find qq no good against aj............. I run goooooooood

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                        I've been out of the house since 12:00.

Again, I must emphasise that you first need to decide the frame size you need before making the buying decision.

The Specialized Sirrus bike linked above for 449 pounds is an Extra Small size. Obviously all the other sizes of the 2009 model have been sold and they are left with a size that would probably suit someone about 5' 0" tall (guessing here). If its very cheap it is for a reason. They can't sell it because it is a very small size.

The same goes for the other bargain priced Carrera. It was for someone about 5' 2" tall (guessing).

I have a Specialized Sirrus Elite from 2005 and they are good bikes, just not suitable for long distances imo because the flat bar keeps you in a sit-up-and-beg position that puts strain on the wrists .... you can't have different hand positions to relieve the aching.

I have four bikes. The first was the flat-bar bike. The last three are all drop-bar (racer) bikes. Go figure.

Comment

have the all ireland talent show on the background god are the people bad,

the last fella some bloke from navan in his 40's he is hilarious
                                                                                                                          http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X